PDA

View Full Version : Patches & Updates

Retro
12-15-2015, 07:58 PM
Rainbow Six Siege (http://mp1st.com/category/rainbow-six/) is getting its first major title update tomorrow, December 16, on all platforms and its a pretty big one.

It touches on a number of items that Sieges community has brought up since its launch on December 1, including hit registration and notable bug fixes. Heres a summary of whats in the update:

NEW CONTENT & FEATURES

Visual Update

DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack now available for PC Players

Community Health

Implemented an auto-kick feature for intentional team killers

GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS

Hit Registration

Fixed bugs on replication and kill cam:

Pawn rotation latency
Shield positioning while rappelling
Shooting and moving while rappelling
Kill cam replication issues
Updated server tick rate for PC (intermittent & temporary)

Playlist Changes

PvP Ranked playlist HUD has been synced with the Casual playlist
Renamed Minimal HUD to Hardcore HUD

Ranked Matchmaking Improvements

Increased reliability of end-game skill rank updates.
The penalty for abandoning a ranked game in progress has been temporarily reduced to 8 minutes.
Skill rank icon is now displayed on the games main screen, next to your level.

Other Matchmaking Improvements

PvP & PvE matchmaking bug fixes

Balancing

PvP Reduced time to detect Defenders outside from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
PvE Reduced the maximum number of White Masks and reduced wave sizes in Terrorist Hunt Disarm Bomb.

Player Comfort

Increased the amount of characters available tin the chatbox from 32 characters to 128 characters.
Glaz scope visibility enhanced.

Top Community Raised Bug Fixes

Gameplay fixes
Level Design fixes
Online Flow fixes
Visual fixes
UI fixes
Miscellaneous fixes

If you found that some of the patch notes came across as vague, be sure pay a visit to the official Ubisoft Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1355300-Patch-Notes-Update-1-1) for an in-depth explanation of every change and every update. Theres actually quite a bit to read up on.

All-in-all, Sieges first update sets a very positive tone for the kind of support Ubisoft Montreal intends to provide to their game and their fans. As Ubisoft states in the linked forum post, hot button issues like Hit Registration will continue to be looked at and improved in future updates. Of note is that, once the team is happy with the improved tickrate settings on PC, theyll also be deployed on consoles.

WhiteWolf
12-16-2015, 03:22 AM
This got ppl to complain badly in Ubi forums
Playlist Changes
PvP Ranked playlist HUD has been synced with the Casual playlist

I realize that not many ppl like it but they must know game is brand new and several changes are still to come. I dont have any intrest to start to raise Ranked game position. Sadly most of players just look K/D and W/L rations. But really u need only 1-2 "bad" players in team and u are done.

TonkaToys
12-16-2015, 09:37 AM
This got ppl to complain badly in Ubi forums
Sadly most of players just look K/D and W/L rations. But really u need only 1-2 "bad" players in team and u are done.

Good point. There is too much emphasis on showing K/D in the leaderboards of games anyway.

WhiteWolf
12-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Indeed. Lets say that u are try to get in to some BF4 platoon and your KD is like 1,2 several "pro`s" dont allow you to join whit that KD. And same time those players leave game if they do bad job in there. So basicly those KD kids are just little noobs

Retro
12-16-2015, 12:05 PM
That's why I'll always love Bad Company 2, they only ever showed your score after a round, never your K/D. People seemed to play the objective way more often.

TonkaToys
12-17-2015, 07:25 AM
It really annoys me that in Battlefront that Highest Kills is highlighted above Objective points at the close of the game, despite it being an objective based game... Stuff it - I'm going to put on my nettle pants and write an angry letter to EA/DICE.

(The nettle pants are optional but I like them)

Retro
01-13-2016, 01:19 PM
New updates are coming in hot for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (http://mp1st.com/category/rainbow-six/) on both PC and consoles today alongside a wave of permanent bans for offenders opting to cheat their way to victory in casual and ranked matches.
Ubisoft Montreal wrote in a blog update earlier that, “effective immediately, any cheating detected by the system will lead to a permanent ban, with no more three-day suspensions for first-time offenders.” Starting with Xbox One, the studio will also be testing out a new instant-death punishment (an in-game one, of course) for defenders attempting to enter out-of-bounds areas during the preparation phase.
More notably, as Update 1.2 hits consoles this Wednesday, both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be brought up speed in terms of tick rate, which should mean smoother online matches and better hit detection. Tomorrow’s Update 1.3 for PC, which also hits consoles on January 20, includes a host of much needed bug fixes as well.
If you didn’t catch the official notes for Update 1.2, don’t miss ’em (http://mp1st.com/2016/01/07/rainbow-six-siege-bug-fixes-a-top-priority-this-month-says-ubisoft-two-updates-incoming/#.VpXbm5MrK34), and read on to find out exactly what’s in Update 1.3, courtesy of the Ubiblog (http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-updates-bring-fixes-cheating-countermeasures-and-more/).
GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
(Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13th)
HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS

Updated the server tick rate for console users
With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.

ANTI-CHEATING IMPROVEMENTS

Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.

EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE

Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.

TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
(Live for PC on Jan. 13th, live for consoles on Jan. 20th)
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
LEVEL DESIGN FIXES

Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1370757-HIGH-PRIORITY-ISSUE-Defenders-Allowed-To-Go-Outside-During-Prep-Phase-(Red-Wall)) if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).

ONLINE FIXES

Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-7-2016?) for more information.
Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-7-2016?) for full information.
Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-7-2016?) for full information.
Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:

If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.

Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.

Bravo6
02-11-2016, 10:45 AM
"The translation of these patch notes will be coming shortly. Since the patch will be live soon, we have opted to share the information as soon as we could. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Take note that we will be releasing Patch 2.1 on February 11th for PC and on February 16th for consoles. Thank you for your understanding."

New Features (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1387463-In-Depth-Patch-Notes-%E2%80%93-Update-2-1-%E2%80%93-February-11th-(PC)-amp-February-16th-(Console))
(click)

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/pxm/RainbowSix/R6_S1_Patchnote_Phil.png

Bravo6
02-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Patch Notes for Update 2.2 are now available. Update 2.2 will be applied to PC on 1st March 2016 and console on 8th March 2016. You can find out more information on Ubisoft forums here!!! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1398192-In-depth-Patch-Notes-Update-2-2-1MAR2016-for-PC-8MAR2016-for-Console)

DeadChaos
03-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Kill Cam feature will be great. Ubisoft will now be getting plenty of team kill videos from me.

Bravo6
03-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Update 2.2 will be applied to consoles on March 2nd, 2016 during scheduled maintenance.
PS4: 9:00AM -10:00AM EST
XB1: 10:00AM - 11:00AM EST
Please restart your clients after the update has been applied. Thank you!:clap:

DeadChaos
03-03-2016, 06:28 AM
Well this patch never happened yesterday (consoles) and has now been postponed. I'm also still a little traumatized by being melee'ed by a terrorist through a shield on realistic.

GRRowl74
03-05-2016, 05:24 AM
Got patched up yesterday (4.3) and have to ask - have the terrorists gotten badder? Played a few rounds on hard and got slaughtered. Had to dial down my otherwise cowboyish attitude just to stay alive.

Major Stains
03-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Got patched up yesterday (4.3) and have to ask - have the terrorists gotten badder? Played a few rounds on hard and got slaughtered. Had to dial down my otherwise cowboyish attitude just to stay alive.

It was swings and roundabouts on TH Hard with Bravo last night.
We would win rounds on several maps, but the damn yacht, oh my lord that yacht. There were some good Randoms with us and we all got rinsed over and over.
It reminded me of that damn boat on CoD BlOps2.

DeadChaos
03-05-2016, 01:56 PM

You belong in realistic!

GRRowl74
03-06-2016, 03:22 AM
You belong in realistic!

After last night I'm not so sure ;)

Bravo6
05-09-2016, 04:36 PM
The second major content update for Rainbow 6 Siege breaches this week, and the official site (http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/dustline.aspx) has all the details on what to expect May 11. The new map is free to all players. Valkyrie and Blackbeard are available exclusively to Season Pass holders for seven days, after which all players will be able to unlock them with Renown or R6 Credits. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLEIhx4NSzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRyX9xttiW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_R7RIJUCBg

GRRowl74
05-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Yeah, tons and tons of renown, I'll bet. That season pass is looking pretty good right about now.

DeadChaos
05-10-2016, 05:32 AM
The last two cost 50 000 for both. Hopefully these two will be the same or maybe 100k!

Bravo6
05-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Yeah, tons and tons of renown, I'll bet. That season pass is looking pretty good right about now.

Season Pass Аlways! :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9yX7f6lKA

DeadChaos
05-10-2016, 09:32 AM
Some of those headgear looks great but as the guy said in the video some are ridiculous that should not be in serious tactical shooter like this.....leave them for COD supply drops.

GRRowl74
05-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Yeah, nice to set things apart, but there's a limit. Also, I would shy away from any headgear with a mask during TH to avoid friendly fire ;)

About that, why not give the terrorists and hostages some new skins as well? No? Well, next time then.

GRRowl74
05-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Don't know if this is already posted, but here you can read all the details of the changes made in this DLC/patch. Scroll down for in depth info on tweaks and improvements.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

Particularly interesting info under the headline "Operators balancing"

GRRowl74
05-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Grr, put the ps4 on standby through the night hoping Dust Line would download, but now through some intense googling, I've discovered that it won't be available before 1-2 PM GMT, and that's like, in for ever. Oh well, I guess I can exercise my patience, god knows it needs some.

GRRowl74
05-11-2016, 02:31 AM
"Dear Santa,"

I clearly have too much time on my hands(what's up with that, anyway, I mean it's not as if time is on my hands, now is it?), so I've sent this to our game developing heroes for future pondering and hopefully I get a - wow, that's a great idea, Grrowl, here, have a lifetimes worth of season passes and a medal to wear on your chest for Awesome Input.

"Hi, and thanks for a great game. Best tactical shooter I've ever played, and I've played pretty much everything through the years.

I like that you mix things up with skins and head gear. One request though: Can we please have more hostages than just Eminem and the girl? I mean, three or four more variations on a random cycle would be great.

Also, perhaps a taller order, but the same request goes for the terrorists as well. Would be cool if the terrorist appearance changed with the maps, but just a few variations from cardboardfaced hoodies would be amazing. There are a few of us out there mostly playing PVE, and we'd really appreciate this. Hope you can consider this for your future updates.

Sincerely, GRRowl74"

DeadChaos
05-11-2016, 02:46 AM
Don't know if this is already posted, but here you can read all the details of the changes made in this DLC/patch. Scroll down for in depth info on tweaks and improvements.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

Particularly interesting info under the headline "Operators balancing"

Thank goodness you can now customize weapons between rounds!

This is very interesting: "Additionally, Thatchers EMP now disables enemies sights completely for 10 seconds."

All in all I think some good changes, some gadgets like breach charges for Sledge was a waste really.

Hopefully if all goes well I'll give it a shot tonight.

DeadChaos
05-11-2016, 02:51 AM
"Dear Santa,"

I clearly have too much time on my hands(what's up with that, anyway, I mean it's not as if time is on my hands, now is it?), so I've sent this to our game developing heroes for future pondering and hopefully I get a - wow, that's a great idea, Grrowl, here, have a lifetimes worth of season passes and a medal to wear on your chest for Awesome Input.

"Hi, and thanks for a great game. Best tactical shooter I've ever played, and I've played pretty much everything through the years.

I like that you mix things up with skins and head gear. One request though: Can we please have more hostages than just Eminem and the girl? I mean, three or four more variations on a random cycle would be great.

Also, perhaps a taller order, but the same request goes for the terrorists as well. Would be cool if the terrorist appearance changed with the maps, but just a few variations from cardboardfaced hoodies would be amazing. There are a few of us out there mostly playing PVE, and we'd really appreciate this. Hope you can consider this for your future updates.

Sincerely, GRRowl74"

Can't agree more. Definitely need more skins for terrorists/hostages. It was so damn easy to change hostages skins on Counter Strike so this should not be that hard to implement.

GRRowl74
05-11-2016, 02:52 AM
All in all I think some good changes, some gadgets like breach charges for Sledge was a waste really.

Agreed. Good thing they try to mend things like Thatchers emps affecting the rooms adjacent, and the getting killed by grenades behind a reinforced wall.

On another note, anybody know how or when you can use "spectator mode"? Saw it used in the demo of Dust Line and read about it for Black Ice, but forgot about it since then. Be cool to try.

GRRowl74
05-11-2016, 07:47 AM
"Hello Grrowl74, thank you for your feedback! We will pass it over to the dev team."

No medal yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

GRRowl74
06-13-2016, 10:04 AM
So, the ranked match system got a makeover and reboot in Dust Line. Anyone care to share some experience? For the most part it seems to work ok, except the wait is still too often waaaaay longer than it should be. And lately I seem to wind up as top or next to top player on my squad - against a team where all but one player are better. Makes it hard to win. Add to the mix that low rank players often quit when the going gets tough, life in ranked is a hard knock life for us lingering between copper and bronze. Input, anyone?

And every time it says "rank UP", even when I rank DOWN. Why? Just - why?!

DeadChaos
06-14-2016, 07:12 AM
Not played much since this patch but it does seem waiting times are less to join a match. Ranked matches seem off though as either you get wrecked or you destroy your opponents. The last close match I had was with you guys 2 weeks ago. And that guy with the damn shield in front of his face....just no!

GRRowl74
06-14-2016, 07:34 AM
And that guy with the damn shield in front of his face....just no!

Thing about old Beardie, his Vespa Windshield can be destroyed.

http://youtu.be/crQidtK7HFA

On another note, I'm so up for a few rounds of MP squad action soon.

DeadChaos
06-14-2016, 11:16 AM
I'll be dead by the time that shield is destroyed lol. Suppose it is quite handy for friendly fire! :wink:

GRRowl74
06-18-2016, 06:32 AM
Anyone played a bit of ranked lately? What rank are you and how do you like the matching? Make any sense of it?

I read somewhere that K/D has nothing to do with the matching criteria, just W/L. Not sure if I agree, though.

SheepDog320
06-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Anyone played a bit of ranked lately? What rank are you and how do you like the matching? Make any sense of it?

I read somewhere that K/D has nothing to do with the matching criteria, just W/L. Not sure if I agree, though.

All I play is ranked. I'm a gold 3, I think it matches you by the same rank (bronze with bronze silver with silver and so on).

GRRowl74
06-20-2016, 09:08 AM
All I play is ranked. I'm a gold 3, I think it matches you by the same rank (bronze with bronze silver with silver and so on).

Makes more sense. Would kind of explain why I constantly play against operators with 1.2 K/D when my own K/D is barely 0.6 - if rank is determined by W/L only, that is - and ranks go all the way to IV before changing metal value.

Still doesn't explain why I'm so often fighting teams way better than mine. If we're like 0.3, 0.5, 0.6, 0.8 if I'm lucky - then against maybe 0.6, 0.8, 0.8, 1.1 and 1.3. Happens like three out of five games. Frustrating. I mean, I'd get it if my team was better than me and that had to make the enemies better than me. Only thing I can think of is if my team sucks on killing but rules on winning. But as likelyhood goes, that one is about as rare as a hermit convention.

Spike Forehand
06-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Makes more sense. Would kind of explain why I constantly play against operators with 1.2 K/D when my own K/D is barely 0.6 - if rank is determined by W/L only, that is - and ranks go all the way to IV before changing metal value.

Still doesn't explain why I'm so often fighting teams way better than mine. If we're like 0.3, 0.5, 0.6, 0.8 if I'm lucky - then against maybe 0.6, 0.8, 0.8, 1.1 and 1.3. Happens like three out of five games. Frustrating. I mean, I'd get it if my team was better than me and that had to make the enemies better than me. Only thing I can think of is if my team sucks on killing but rules on winning. But as likelyhood goes, that one is about as rare as a hermit convention.

My theory is that there are very few low-skilled players still playing this game while the high skilled players still play it like crazy. Take me for instance - I suck at the game and will only play it occasionally for fun with friends as going in with non-communicating randoms is terrible.

GRRowl74
06-20-2016, 11:58 AM
My theory is that there are very few low-skilled players still playing this game while the high skilled players still play it like crazy. Take me for instance - I suck at the game and will only play it occasionally for fun with friends as going in with non-communicating randoms is terrible.

Know that feeling. I am getting a bit better, though - I think. Get a few kills each match, and rack up some co-op points for this and that, usually end up second best, since there's always a roamer with mad skills when we win. If I try to roam - well, let's just say I don't.

Would be great to have an MP fight night again soon, btw. Full squad on mic is pure fun every time, win or lose.

DeadChaos
06-21-2016, 02:45 AM
"Patch 3.3 will be deployed on June 21st for all platforms." More penalties incoming for team killers although I still think the 1st, 2nd offences are too lenient.

Also, great that Mute's signal disruptor's range has been increased, at-least now drones can't just jump over it.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1461980

SheepDog320
06-21-2016, 08:36 AM

I also have found that when partied up with 5 people if we have 4 golds and one silver, if the silver starts the game we play against silvers. If a gold starts the game we play golds. If we have 4 golds and one platinum and the platinum starts the game we play vs platinums. Also if I'm a gold playing against a team of silvers and I lose, I lose more rank than if I was playing against equal rank. If I win against a silver or lower I gain less rank also, but if I win against platinum or diamond I gain much more rank than winning against equal or less rank........so it is somewhat balanced. If I play ranked solo it always pairs me with 4 golds and we play against golds, doesn't seem k/d or win/loss is taken into consideration. My k/d isn't great I'm around a 1.0 and win/loss is around 1.3, but am paired with teammates and enemies all over the spectrum. I try to NEVER play ranked solo though that is asking for trouble....I would be platinum by now if I wasn't hard headed and played ranked solo.

GRRowl74
06-22-2016, 05:32 AM
"Patch 3.3 will be deployed on June 21st for all platforms." More penalties incoming for team killers although I still think the 1st, 2nd offences are too lenient.

Also, great that Mute's signal disruptor's range has been increased, at-least now drones can't just jump over it.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1461980

The Mute buff is cool, his scramblers are way to limited. TK penalty is good, just not sure it'll be enough, and curious to know how they plan to separate coldblooded executions from unintended hunting accidents which could happen to anyone, particularly me and Stains, from time to time. Not to mention those of us who on occation will wander into our mates line of fire. I'd feel pretty bad about it if that lead to a kick and ban for the somewhat innocent man holding the smoking gun.

Kapkan definately needs a boost, so I like the fact that his traps will be harder to spot and possible to place more freely. Look forward to trying it out.

DeadChaos
06-22-2016, 06:25 AM
I think it will most likely be how many and how often you team kill and I would assume you will get banned quicker if you start killing during the preparation period at the start so you might want to keep your grenade pins intact.

As for Mute, much needed buff. He is the only operator I use on defense so had to place two disruptors close to each other in open spaces to avoid drones constantly jumping over them which was annoying.

GRRowl74
06-22-2016, 11:02 AM
Hm. Never played Mute, I think - but I'm constantly annoyed by those drones running around and nobody doing anything -efficiently- about it. Maybe I'll give him a go.

And no worries - grenade pins are now only attached to flashbangs ;)

GRRowl74
07-21-2016, 01:36 PM
New skins and charms, something for you, Major? http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/46e835dd2342ce292df6f87ca6c2f300.png

Major Stains
07-21-2016, 03:58 PM
New skins and charms, something for you, Major? http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/46e835dd2342ce292df6f87ca6c2f300.png

Lol. As the Union Flag is disintegrating and you won't let me into Norway, I'm thinking of applying for an Irish passport with my Mothers links. So a shamrock on a pint of Guinness would be perfect!

GRRowl74
07-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Lol. As the Union Flag is disintegrating and you won't let me into Norway, I'm thinking of applying for an Irish passport with my Mothers links. So a shamrock on a pint of Guinness would be perfect!

I'll see what I can do. XD Nice touch with the teabag charm, though. Bet that will be a popular one.

GRRowl74
07-27-2016, 01:29 PM
From Skull Rain we'll be able to choose who gets the big yellow suitcase before the round begins. Dibs not to!

Also, HUD improvements - compass is accessible in camera view as well, making it easier to give directions "To your left! Your LEFT! Your other left!" will now be replaced with "Your east! I mean east by north east! West! I mean north west! Gaaawd!"

And some other stuff. No new hostages, though. I heard they planned to include hostage skins for Hillary and Donald, but according to wikileaked reports from closed alpha the test players flat out killed the hostage at the start of the round, even several times in a row, claiming it, qoute: "seemed like a good idea at the time". Other tests involving a hostage skin of Fox News' Bill O'Reilly also failed, as the attacking team kept returning him to the defenders, claiming he "appeared to be well-fed and his lodgings seemed decent".

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-NORDIC/updates/index.aspx

Major Stains
07-27-2016, 01:47 PM
I just read that R6 is free on PC & X1 this weekend (sadly no love for the PS4)
With a 50% discount on Silver/ Gold version of the game.

HardlyCapable13
07-27-2016, 01:55 PM
they planned to include hostage skins for Hillary and Donald, but according to wikileaked reports from closed alpha the test players flat out killed the hostage at the start of the round, even several times in a row, claiming it, qoute: "seemed like a good idea at the time". Other tests involving a hostage skin of Fox News' Bill O'Reilly also failed, as the attacking team kept returning him to the defenders, claiming he "appeared to be well-fed and his lodgings seemed decent".

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-NORDIC/updates/index.aspx

:pound:

GRRowl74
07-27-2016, 02:15 PM
I just read that R6 is free on PC & X1 this weekend (sadly no love for the PS4)
With a 50% discount on Silver/ Gold version of the game.

Free for 2 days it seems - then you have to pay. Much like drug dealers. Or Pringles pushers. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160727/99a08969b661e32f68d1877a668381ea.jpg

JockoPablo
08-23-2016, 02:24 PM
The notes for update 4.1 are up on the Ubisoft forums.

CLICKY (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1486006-Patch-Notes-Update-4-1?)

So much for Frost's mighty shotgun.

GRRowl74
08-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Interesting - I fear the nerfing of the shotguns may seriously damage my kill count. And it's not a lot to begin with. Good thing is that this makes machine guns a better choice, and that makes the game more interesting.

GRRowl74
09-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Big buffs and nerfs in the upcoming(it's here!)patch affecting Twitch, Blackbeard(here it comes, DC!) and Dic - I mean Doc.

Twitch now gets TWO shock drones with increased range. One is deployable in the prep phase, which will make things interesting for all of us, I'm sure. She can also - if the first survives - deploy the second and switch between these - making her an enormous tactical asset.

Blackbeard also gets TWO shields - wait, what - wasn't he up for a nerf? Yea, but you see, these shields will break if you sneeze at them, so there.

Doc can now HEAL himself and team mates, making him a sure first pick on any roster, topped by the fact that if you're already at 100% he'll boost you to 120. This will drop 1 point every two seconds, but still.

Next is a new gadget - well known to BF players: the claymore. Given to some ATTACKERS, this gadget will no doubt prove to make the life of roaming players more interesting. I suspect this is partly to even out the defenders nitro pack, which has been used far more agressively than was anticipated.

Doesn't stop there, though: Some defenders will get the choice of the IMPACT grenade, known to many also from BF, this little beauty doesn't need to be cooked, it explodes - on impact (thank you, Cpt. Obvious) As if people weren't afraid of me enough already. Teammates, that is. Anyway, this impact grenade certainly should make things interesting for shield operators. Point of fact - these grenades _replaces_ the nitro cell for some defensive players.

New weapons attachment - muzzle break, adds first shot presicion. Much needed for some, I'd say.

Also - heavy barrel - reducing damage drop on ranged targets. Does add a bit of kick, though.

In other news:
Val loses a stickcam, goes from 4 to 3.
IQ and Montagne will switch to/from gadget faster.
A lot of guns get damage buffs (not shotguns tho. Makes sense, just got nerfed)
Teamkilling adjustments - easier to get kicked from a match, while looking out for accidental kills with regards to bans.
And more, but that's the headlines.

This patch goes live TODAY. Went live, to be clear. Wow. How did I miss this?

More details here:

http://youtu.be/NKjKFQzaxJ0

Or get it straight from the horse's mouth. (http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/skullrain/reinforcements.aspx)

DeadChaos
09-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Blackbeard also gets TWO shields - wait, what - wasn't he up for a nerf? Yea, but you see, these shields will break if you sneeze at them, so there.[/URL]

Video proof or it isn't true!

Love the Doc buff and I will definitely use him now. I probably would prefer the impact grenade, quicker to use for my slow reactions but then again once Grrowl throws that "accidentally" at friendlies there is no turning back.

Claymore is also a welcomed addition.

LandShark
09-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Claymores!!!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mogley45
09-13-2016, 05:09 PM
Damn that sounds sweet. Gonna have to jump on tonight if anyone wants to squad up. Prob be after 8ish est

DeadChaos
10-13-2016, 01:39 AM
"To avoid surrendering that knowledge, players have done the video game equivalent of taking cyanide: they quit the match while being interrogated, preventing Caveira from completing the process."

The things players do......

Next patch:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rainbow-six-siege-patch-stops-players-from-quittin/1100-6444390/

DeadChaos
10-25-2016, 05:51 AM
"The most recent update for Rainbow Six Siege has been available on PC for almost two weeks and was scheduled to launch on consoles last week. Following a delay, it's now gotten a new release date--though the update may not be available for long.

Update 4.3 is due out for PS4 and Xbox One on October 25. More specifically, the patch will be deployed from 6-7 AM PT (9-10 ET) on PS4 and 7-8 AM PT (10-11 ET) on Xbox One."

"Rainbow Six Update 4.3 Patch Notes
Improvements to Network Infrastructure

Today we will be updating to our latest internal network library. This upgrade does not come without risks, but is a pivotal steps toward having a more reliable service, as well as give us the tools we need to correct connectivity issues more quickly. While this update will not correct all connectivity problems right now, the update to our infrastructure is aimed more towards preparing us for the road ahead. You will see a reduction in connectivity issues in future patches as we continue to utilize these improvements to positively impact your gaming experience!

As this is new technology that we are experimenting with, there is a possibility that we may be forced to perform a roll back to Patch 4.2. If this is the case, we will correct the issue and deploy the changes below in Patch 4.4, prior to the release of Season 4.
Caveira's Interrogations

Some players would exploit a bug that would prevent Caveira from successfully finishing an interrogation. She has received additional training and will now complete her interrogations regardless of whether or not an enemy player quits.
Anti-Bullying System Activated

As promised, we are continuing to make improvements to our process for identifying and punishing team killers. In Patch 4.3, we have activated an anti-bullying feature. This is intended to prevent players from targeting a teammate and griefing them repeatedly. Players will now suffer the standard team killing penalty after killing the same teammate twice.

As a reminder, the team killing penalties can be found below. Be advised that we do not offer appeals for team killing bans.

First offense:
Casual - Kicked from match.
Ranked - Banned for 15 minutes, 50% Renown penalty for 30 minutes.
Second offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes.
Third offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours.
Fourth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours.
Fifth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days.

BattlEye Update

We have implemented an additional update for BattlEye. This update will not add any programs to the white-list.
Main Bug Fixes
Gameplay

FIXED If a team surrenders at the end of a round, Renown, Experience, and Rank points are not awarded. (Surrender functionality will be returned in Patch 4.3)
FIXED Landing a headshot through a wall or barricade would sometimes result in the hit not registering.
FIXED Players receive Error [2-0x0000E004] when they attempt to join a squad that has a member with an abandon penalty.
FIXED Reloading is cancelled when going prone.
FIXED Players are unable to create local custom games when the servers are unreachable.
FIXED An Attacker that has been overhealed by Doc's Stim Pistol will take 100 damage when triggering Frosts Welcome Mat.
FIXED When Barbed Wire overlaps, Operators are able to move through the overlapping sections too quickly while crouched. (The speed for individual sections of Barbed Wire remains unchanged)
FIXED On the P90, the Muzzle Brake attachment has the same model as the default barrel.
FIXED Allies are sometimes killed by Claymores.
FIXED Defenders are able to see the subtitles and hear audio cues when a Claymore is being deployed.
FIXED Win conditions for Kapkan's EDD and an Attacker's Claymore were inconsistent when the device was responsible for killing the Hostage.
FIXED Destroying a Black Eye Camera that has been placed under the Defuser will cause the Attackers to lose.
FIXED Destroying some objects causes them to fall through the floor.
FIXED Nitro Cells would not cause damage when detonated on top of the blackjack table on Yacht.
FIXED Nitro Cells are able to injure players through a wall without destroying the wall.
FIXED Damage can be dealt through a destructible surface without the surface being destroyed.
FIXED Killing an Enemy AI while they detonate a breaching charge would make the wall invincible.
FIXED When vaulting and aiming down sights, an Operator's left hand would move erratically.
FIXED Operator's hands are sometimes not aligned with the weapon they are holding.
FIXED Angled grips were not placed in the proper location on some weapons.
FIXED Blood effects are not rendered in the Kill Cam replay for a crouched or prone victim if they were killed with a pistol.
FIXED Changing the display mode during a replay would make the screen black.
FIXED Title remains on a black screen if you are disconnected while changing the language.
FIXED Players are able to rotate headgear on the X axis after rotating weapons on the X axis.
FIXED Navy SEAL CTU bundle is not available.
FIXED GSG9 Operator bundle has the same price as the Attacker Operator bundle.
FIXED Purchasing the Far Cry charm would result in the wrong charm being unlocked.
FIXED The Far Cry charm cannot be unlocked.

Operators

Bandit

FIXED If a player is standing within the area of effect for an object charged by Bandit's Shock Wire, this effect will persist through the end of the round.

Buck

FIXED Buck's Master Key does not reliably destroy walls to allow for vaulting.

Capitao

FIXED Capitao's 3D model has no eyelids when the Iron Mask is equipped.

Doc

FIXED Doc does not receive points for healing or overhealing an ally.

IQ

FIXED IQ's hands would clip through each other when she closes her gadget.
FIXED Players attempting to climb a ladder with IQ's Gadget deployed will experience rubber banding upon reaching the top of the ladder.

Jager

FIXED Low level of detail is visible on Jager's headgear.
FIXED Jager is able to duplicate his ADS Gadget by exploiting high latency.

Mute

FIXED Mute's Jammers do not prevent Blitz from discharging his Flash Shield as intended.

Rook

FIXED Rook's head would shake when walking and carrying his Armor Plates. (It's heavy, but not that heavy)

Sledge

FIXED Sledge is able to breach walls and kill players with his hammer from behind Montagne's extended shield.

Thermite

FIXED In some instances, Thermite's Exothermic Charge does not properly destroy reinforced walls.

Twitch

FIXED Shock Drone PDA remains attached to Twitch's hand after leaving the drone view using the "Observational Tool" button or hotkey.

FIXED Shock Drones are only able to destroy a Claymore from certain angles.

Valkyrie

FIXED Throwing a Black Eye camera on the dynamic part of an object breaks the object completely. This destruction is not replicated for enemy players.

Level Design

Kanal

FIXED The wall of the showers in CG1F can be destroyed, providing line of sight to the neighboring stairs. The destruction was not replicated on both sides of the wall. (This would allow players to see a significant portion of the bottom floor without enemies being able to return fire)
FIXED In the Maps Office, if the floor is shot or a wall is reinforced, it could destroy any gadgets placed in that room.

Oregon

FIXED Textures in the corner of sandbagged windows disappear when viewed from a distance."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/delayed-rainbow-six-siege-ps4xbox-one-patch-arrive/1100-6444754/

DeadChaos
11-04-2016, 05:18 AM
"In Depth: SEASON 4 - NEW DESTRUCTION MODEL & IMPROVED HIT REGISTRATION"

http://youtu.be/QW8AeA-985I

DeadChaos
11-30-2016, 01:10 PM
New countries joining RB6 in year 2.

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/804017796359290880

DeadChaos
12-09-2016, 10:06 AM
In light of recent outages, we have activated a 50% Renown bonus event for the next 24 hours. It will stack with boosters. See you in game!

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/806950458740838400

Ok, I'm a bit slow with this so it's probably expired by now.

GRRowl74
12-12-2016, 03:53 PM
On Twitch today, Rainbow6 were showcasing the new Bartlett University map coming this week. It's huge! Looks awesome.

Also a long awaited buff for the meme legend Tachancka - he gets a Blackbeardish shield/windscreen on his mounted gun, which makes him a bit more protected.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161212/3c5675fbaf20f72bff73a5c1a8906c3c.jpg Here's what it looks like folded up.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161212/5da37e6067f67ba06ce3d751437a97f2.jpg And extended.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161213/fa1580a3b7b006af964a31d3081d2e0b.jpg
And the way he looks right before he kills me.

GRRowl74
12-13-2016, 10:07 AM
IceyCat has the breakdown on the mid season reinforcements in this video:

Includes Tachankas new shield, nerfs and buffs to other operators, and while he's telling you all this, you can get a look at Bartlett University PVP gameplay from last Nights Rainbow6 Twitch broadcast.

http://youtu.be/Cl3ZWlijf-A

Phamcis
02-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Since the new season update, has anyone had any issues getting into a ranked match? I can get into a lobby just fine however actually getting a game going seems impossible. I've only been able to get into two ranked matches and three casual matches so far.

DeadChaos
02-09-2017, 02:17 PM
I will check tonight and update. Played last night but only managed one match before the PSN outage struck. We did have trouble inviting players to join our squad but not sure if that was PSN or Ubisoft.

GRRowl74
03-11-2017, 04:16 AM
Glaz getting thermal vision in mid season update:

http://youtu.be/1bLyjN6zdGg

Major Stains
03-14-2017, 11:35 AM
More update news...

The sniping-est operator in the Siege stable is about to get an upgrade in the upcoming Mid-Season Reinforcements update, which deploys Tuesday, March 14. As the story goes, Timur “Glaz” Glazkov lost a sniper competition to an Operator named Galanos, from Greece. After the event, Glaz chatted with Galanos about her attachment technology, and as a result he now packs an upgraded scope that offers a new layer of thermal visual feedback when aiming down sights. This feedback will appear even if the defender is obscured by smoke, but will only work if Glaz has line-of-sight to the target (it doesn’t work through walls).

A few Operators are getting buffs to their special abilities to help make them more useful in the field. Echo’s Yokai Drone will now disorient a player if it hits any body part, not just the head. Doc will now be able to overheal to 140 HP instead of 120 HP, in hopes that this buff will make more of a difference in a firefight. And Buck will get an extra magazine for his Skeleton Key underbarrel shotgun. Walls, windows, and floors beware.

There are a number of weapon balancing changes en route as well, chief among them a size reduction for the reticles on the red dot, reflex, and holo sights. This is to allow for better precision after the realignment of sights implemented with Operation Velvet Shell. Other specific changes include:

• The DMR’s maximum trigger rate has been lowered to prevent very rapid firing
• Echo’s MP5SD2 does more damage at medium range
• Thermite’s 556xi is easier to control
• Caveira’s Luison’s damage dropoff has been tweaked
• Jackal’s C7E’s recoil is getting balanced
• Capitao’s PARA-308 is getting a recoil buff

Original article here (https://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-glaz-changes-coming-mid-season-reinforcements/)

DeadChaos
03-15-2017, 07:09 AM
"Fixed gigantic hit box on Blitz's head so he does not die from a head shot when shot in the toe".....no wait..... :ohwell::pray:

DeadChaos
04-20-2017, 03:19 AM
Looks like Super Glaz is getting a nerf, just how bad remains to be seen.

Rainbow Six Siege players should fire the game up on their preferred platform and download the latest patch.
Going over the notes for update 2.1.3 to Rainbow Six Siege, it looks like quite a bit has been fixed.

One thing that hasn’t been fixed, is Hibana’s X-KAIROS bug. There is an issue where the gadget’s pellets sometimes refuse to detonate. It appears to happen randomly, and has been going on for quite some time.

According to the developers, the team has been investigating the issue with Hibana’s gadget and once the cause was determined, they realized it was a complex issue. Even after “significant testing and tweaking,” the issue persisted, and the only way to resolve the issue will be to rebuild the backend design of Hibana’s gadget.

Due to it not being an “easy task,” the team said it will have the rebuild completed within Year 2 Season 2.

After the game is patched, players will notice tweaks have been made to Glaz’s scope, which the developers feel will make it easier to know when a shots lands or misses. Montagne’s LFP586 hip fire spread has also been increased, and Echo’s Yokai drone’s sonic burst now registers all body parts as a valid hit.

You can read up on all of the fixes included with today’s patch below.

Rainbow Six Siege – Patch Notes – Update 2.1.3
Operator Changes

Glaz

Reduced the noise on the edges of the highlighted enemy.
Lowered the contrast of the teal tint of the lens.
Lowered the contrast of the yellow highlight on opponents.
Fixed the blood splatters effect not appearing on successful shots.
Developer’s Note: After shipping the new scope for Glaz with the Velvet Shell Mid-Season Reinforcements, we noticed that the blood splatter visual effects were not working properly. This called into question whether hits would land on the player’s opponent or not. We have also reduced the noise created by the thermal lens, which caused the yellow highlight to bleed from the edges of the character, which gave the player a false sense of where the opponent’s body begins and ends. As a result, players will be able to see much better when a hit lands and when it doesn’t.

Montagne: The LFP586’s hip fire spread has been increased

Developer’s Note: We felt like Montagne paired with the LFP586 + laser sight was overall too strong at medium and longer range encounters, so we have increased the hip fire spread of the gun. Montagne won’t be able to quickly shut down his opponent without having to expose himself anymore, given that there is a decent distance between the two.

Echo: Sonic Burst on Echo’s Yokai drone will now register all body parts as a valid hit surface to trigger the disorientation effect on the opponent.

Developer’s Note: We felt like it was really hard to hit the head (even more so on consoles), so we’re giving Echo players a lot more room for imprecision to trigger the effect.

Gameplay

FIXED – If the entire enemy team is kicked for team killing, the winning team does not gain any MMR.
FIXED – Operators are able to deploy their gadgets while prone.
FIXED – The Death From Above bonus applies to all kills when initiated while rappelling.
FIXED – The DBNO timer is not paused when a teammate is reviving a downed player.
FIXED – Shield Operators were utilizing an ancient technique to reload their pistols instantly. The knowledge for how to perform this reload has once again been forgotten.
FIXED – Operators sometimes get stuck to a Barricade when placing a Breaching Charge on a Barricade that is partially damaged. The Defenders now properly dispose of their gum in trash receptacles.
FIXED – Gadget deployment does not trigger properly when a sidearm is in use.
FIXED – Reloading does not always properly reload the weapon, even if the animation plays. Bandit’s April Fools joke of replacing some magazines with empty ones was not received well by Rainbow Six Actual.
FIXED – Barricades and Reinforced Walls are not properly displaying for all players.
FIXED – Some players are able to exit and re-enter ADS with shields instantly. Shields are heavy, you can’t flap them around.
FIXED – Players are able to achieve full ADS accuracy without fully aiming down sights.
Game Mode

Caster Camera: FIXED – Spectating a player on Oregon in the Basement will cause the camera to switch floors.
Terrorist Hunt: FIXED – Players will see a broken animation when an Attacking Operator with a shield uses the refill station.
Custom Game: FIXED – Mira’s One Way Mirror cannot be ejected if Friendly Fire is deactivated.
Operator Bug Fixes

Montagne: FIXED – Montagne places his left hand on an invisible shield in the MVP screen when viewed by other players.

Twitch

FIXED – Shock Drone will kill players that are using Rook’s Armor Plates, as opposed to downing them.
FIXED – The Shock Drone makes no sound effect when destroyed.
FIXED – Twitch does not have any audio barks when the Maquis Legendary Uniform is equipped.
Mute: FIXED – MP5K Iron Sights are missing the glow on the front sight post.

Fuze: FIXED – Fuze’s gloves will now match his uniform. He confirmed that he will not be forgetting items from the packing list again.

Hibana: FIXED – X-KAIROS Pellets disappear if they are shot while a player is leaning around cover.

Kapkan: FIXED – EDD can be deployed through an object, causing a broken animation.

Echo

FIXED – Yokai can be thrown directly onto the ceiling and will stick to it.
FIXED – Sonic Burst disorient effect hits twice on certain Operators with gadgets in their hands.
FIXED – Yokai’s crosshair does not display that a susceptible target is being aimed at.
FIXED – Yokai cannot disorient teammates during the Preparation Phase.
FIXED – Yokai drone cannot be destroyed by projectile explosion while in camo.
Tachanka

FIXED – LMG makes no sound when being deployed or picked up if the shield is destroyed.
FIXED – LMG shield appears visible momentarily after being redeployed if the shield was previously destroyed.
FIXED – Player does not properly “attach” to the LMG after vaulting over an object.
Caveira: FIXED – Damage displayed in the kill camera is too high.

Mira

FIXED – Placing the Black Mirror on reinforced walls separated by an indestructible pillar will cause the gadget to only partially deploy.
FIXED – It is possible to melee drone from the opposite side of an unbroken Black Mirror.
FIXED – Improper behavior of wall during deployment of the Black Mirror on walls with metal beams.
FIXED – Objects on the walls are destroyed after Black Mirror activation, as opposed to during the deployment animation.
Jackal: FIXED – Weapon becomes invisible after quickly activating and deactivating the Hunter Vision repeatedly.

IQ: FIXED – IQ has the wrong nail polish color in 3rd person view.

Thermite: FIXED – Red LED on the Exothermic Charge remains on after removing the charge.

Glaz: FIXED – Hipfiring with the OTS-03 results in a perfectly circular shot pattern, as opposed to shots landing at the point of aim.

Level Design

Bartlett University

FIXED – Placing the Black Mirror on non-reinforced walls with paintings on the other side will not destroy the props and will obscure vision.
FIXED – Invisible collision causes drones to appear as if they are floating in the Library.
Chalet

FIXED – Players cannot vault over a Deployable Shield if placed at 2F Library Hallway doorway.
FIXED – Yokai can destroy and stick to shelves that are midway up the wall.
House: FIXED – X-KAIROS Pellets do not penetrate the top window of the Upper Hallway stairwell when fired from the outside tower.

Consulate: FIXED – Wall is not fully destroyed when Black Mirror is activated on it in “B Electric Room”.

Oregon: FIXED – Deployable gadgets are instantly destroyed when shooting at the indestructible table in B Laundry Room.

User Experience

FIXED – Players do not receive any points when killing an enemy with a gadget after the player has died.
FIXED – Firing pin group does not follow the slide for the USP or Mk1 9mm.
FIXED – When shooting at least two times before detonating, X-KAIROS pellets do not produce any sound in third person.
FIXED – Wrong placement for Shields in the Winning Showcase.
FIXED – DBNO audio remains present after reviving the DBNO Operator.
FIXED – Any equipped gadget is invisible if held for more than 9 seconds with one hit key (advanced deployment option) in hand in the End of Round replay or any replay.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/19/rainbow-six-siege-update-2-1-3-out-on-all-platforms-hibanas-x-kairos-bug-wont-be-fixed-until-y2s2/

GRRowl74
04-20-2017, 05:54 AM
Not sure if that's a nerf, though. If they're making it easier for Glaz to see if he lands a shot (blood splatter effects) - in my head that's more a buff than a nerf. They're also lowering contrast, making it easier to distinguish the targets hitbox, which definitely is a buff.

The only possible nerf is if the contrast is lowered so much it makes the thermal scope less effective, and somehow I doubt that's the case.

If Glaz does get a nerf, which I'm seriously hoping he will, it probably won't come until next season or even next seasons mid-season reinforcement, depending on the pressure from the player base and more importantly from the professional teams.

AK-Muhly7
05-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Matchmaking in casual is based off of rank now and has made matchmaking times 100x worse/a giant sweaty tryhard fest. Thanks Ubi

GRRowl74
05-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Matchmaking in casual is based off of rank now and has made matchmaking times 100x worse/a giant sweaty tryhard fest. Thanks Ubi

Since when? New patch? Leave it to Ubisoft to fix things worse...

tthfry
05-09-2017, 01:04 AM
One of the issues that we are seeing from the community is the change to Casual matchmaking pairing players up with similarly skilled players. The change that was implemented was an adoption of your Ranked MMR into the Casual playlist. We wanted to do this to provide players with a more engaging experience in Casual. We know that it isn’t as much fun for our Diamond players to have to play Casual matches against other Diamonds as opposed to Silvers and Golds. We are comfortable with that, as it wasn’t very much fun for them to get stomped either. We would like to reiterate that this is a very temporary change. We have zero intention of this being a long term solution, and it is not our final design intent.

And

Please be aware that there will likely continue to be a queue time, as we do not intend for Diamonds to play against newcomers anymore, even in Casual.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1654519-Regarding-the-recent-Casual-matchmaking-changes-and-Casual-queue-times

So I'd say the intentions are good. (Please, don't let me be misunderstood...)

But I can't see a hint that this is already implemented. They write somewhere in that thread that a server maintenance is required to implement that stuff.

GRRowl74
05-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Yeah, just my luck. Now I'll be stuck on copper for three more months...

Operation Health in May - and pushback on Season 2 till August (http://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health)

DeadChaos
05-12-2017, 02:27 AM
These patches scare me. Is it going to take another 2 months after the patch for it to function properly??

GRRowl74
05-12-2017, 03:06 AM
These patches scare me. Is it going to take another 2 months after the patch for it to function properly??

That is the tradition, it seems. Every time they do maintenance there's an "extraordinary emergency downtime" shortly to follow. I've suggested they fire their janitor, as he seems to mess up all their wires, but no reply so far.

As this "operation" is focused on game health, at least there's some hope that it will make the game work better, not worse. But I won't hold my breath. Now I just have to decide whether it's worth it to try to rank up from copper again...

DeadChaos
06-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Only for the winners......that's me screwed!

Rainbow Six Siege Getting Loot Box System, and We're Okay With That

Ubisoft is about to add in a "loot crate" type system in Rainbow Six Siege and, to be honest, we're okay with that. Say hello to "Alpha Packs." During a recent dev vlog outlining all of the changes coming in year two, a Ubisoft rep whose name I was never able to ascertain describes a new loot system coming to Siege when year 2 changes finally roll out. The system is still a work in progress, but it will work something like this:

Every time you complete a match, win or lose, the chance of you unlocking an Alpha Pack. Actually scoring an Alpha Pack, though, is awarded by a lucky roll of the dice, and those dice will only roll after you win a game. So every time you play, your odds of scoring new loot are increased, and even if you don't get an Alpha Pack after a win, your odds continue to increase until you finally do.

So what are in the Alpha Packs? Everything, it seems. From charms, to weapon skins, to the sick new helmets, it sounds like almost anything that can be purchased with renown can be earned in an Alpha Pack. "I want to give them access to almost the whole item bank we currently have in-game," the dev said. "But beyond that, we'll also thank players for their time spent on the game. You play, and we give you some loot packs that you can open for free. The more you play, the more you get."

Rainbow Six Siege, much like Overwatch has its appeal anchored in gameplay, but the aesthetic unlocks have progressively become more and more of an attraction to new and veteran players alike. These Alpha Packs aren't going to give anyone a competitive edge, they could end up bringing in a slightly larger player-base who had never considered playing before, and they give lapsed players like myself a fun reason to return to the game to see what else is new. I'm not seeing any down sides here.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/02/rainbow-six-siege-getting-loot-box-system/

GRRowl74
06-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Patch notes for patch 2.2.1, due June 7th for PC and tentatively(depending on how it works on PC) June 20th for consoles.

Headline: One step matchmaking
Interesting additions: Hitbox reworks, spawn kill map adjustments

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/7a0d2662d5b6b2f2f109b0d3f4ff9b1e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/63d6ad4448b65b96f9b7818072289513.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/79b4d2951672237dfb84a60e59147a16.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/d97256ebd5af384806279d10ecc43614.jpg

Full patch notes (https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx)

Major Stains
06-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Patch notes for patch 2.2.1...

...Headline: One step matchmaking

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdUbXhdSXOvwJbO/giphy.gif

DeadChaos
06-06-2017, 06:28 AM
Hope the hit box fix includes Blitz!

tthfry
06-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Yeah, looks like it on the pics. Only real body parts take damage now. Do we have anyone with RB6 on PC who could actually report from the TTS?

DeadChaos
06-06-2017, 06:47 AM
Can anyone join the TTS?

Edit: Google suggests you can apply for TTS. I will have a look later if I can get in on PC.

DeadChaos
06-07-2017, 02:28 PM
One step matchmaking on PC. First two videos I quit, could not wait anymore and 3rd time was placed in a match that has already started. You can now go to main menu without quitting matchmaking. I've not unlocked ranked yet so could not test that.

http://youtu.be/lH6regLFxuE

http://youtu.be/Dr5lX98i69M

http://youtu.be/NN5Pbp50B7Q

GRRowl74
06-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Gotta love progress... Might get better with more players on the servers, though. I suspect the difference between total player base on PC and those who can be bothered to know what a technical test server IS - might be mindboggingly big.

DeadChaos
06-08-2017, 02:03 PM
It's quite clear you get thrown into a lot of matches that have already started with this one step match making but not sure if this will be the case on ranked due to the penalty for quitting mid game.

DeadChaos
07-19-2017, 03:44 AM
http://youtu.be/osQ-Qq6Yukc

tthfry
07-19-2017, 04:01 AM
http://youtu.be/osQ-Qq6Yukc

Yeah, well F that. Watched that one earlier today. He does state though that he's unsure whether it'll take effect on consoles. Then again, why should Ubi maintain different code bases there? I earned 90% of my renown in Lone Wolf... :p

DeadChaos
07-19-2017, 04:12 AM
Ubi catering to cheaters. You cheat, you get banned, simple. Only reason they care now is to protect their alpha packs.

You should be ok on console......for now.

GRRowl74
07-19-2017, 04:16 AM
Relevant point though - renown still works in multiplayer TH. Don't like it though - they hide behind this hacker business, but this is all about Alpha packs and making us spend more of our hard earned actual cash to buy credits to buy these things, or buy boosters to earn more renown. It's business, and it's not pretty. But heck, I'll survive with the pretty jewelry I already have, don't really need no alpha packs - unless they start giving out gamechanging weapons through that shit, then I'll go nuclear on their sixes.

Retro
07-24-2017, 01:02 PM
ORIGINAL: Rainbow Six Siege Alpha Packs are live now on Xbox One, Ubisoft have confirmed, and a PS4 release date is coming later this week.
The Alpha Packs went live on Rainbow Six Siege around 3.30pm BST, and players will have to restart their game to open their first Alpha Pack.
Alpha Packs are the Rainbow Six Siege version of loot boxes, and were introduced with the big title 2.1.1 update.
That patch went live over a week as Operation Health kicked off, but the Alpha Packs were not available immediately.
The official Rainbow Six Siege Twitter account posted today: “Alpha Packs are now available on Xbox One! Please restart your game.
"What did you find in the first Alpha Pack you opened?”

UPDATE ONE: Rainbow Six Siege fans have been tweeted about what surprises they've found in their first few Alpha Packs.
Alpha Packs went live for Rainbow Six Siege players on Xbox One today - almost a week after PC players first received the loot boxes.
And console gamers have taken to social media site Twitter to reveal what they have found so far in the Alpha Packs.
Fans have stumbled across Black Ice, Khokhloma and Mayhem epic weapon skins, among other Alpha Pack surprises.

The Rainbow Six Alpha Pack release date for PS4 is expected to be later this week.

tthfry
07-25-2017, 04:09 AM
Alpha packs for PS4 are announced for tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/889586263782809602

GRRowl74
07-25-2017, 05:34 AM
"Epic weapon skins". Now there's a few words that don't typically belong together. Think I'll be able to afford exactly one pack. Yay.

tthfry
07-25-2017, 06:16 AM
"Epic weapon skins". Now there's a few words that don't typically belong together. Think I'll be able to afford exactly one pack. Yay.

They're giving every player 1 pack to start with. 5k renown make an additional pack, season pass discount applies. That makes 2 packs for me tomorrow. :)

DeadChaos
07-25-2017, 06:36 AM
I want a nice, no DEMAND a nice RARE quality valentines outfit for Twitch with hearts and ribbons to go with my epic pink weapon skin.

GRRowl74
07-25-2017, 07:58 AM
I want a nice, no DEMAND a nice RARE quality valentines outfit for Twitch with hearts and ribbons to go with my epic pink weapon skin.

Sound reasonable to me. [emoji16]

Major Stains
07-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Operation Health Diagnosis – Map optimization and lighting

26/07/2017 12:00 PM

This is part one of a three-part series on data clean-up and optimization. In this blog post, we will cover the work that is being done on maps.

Drone out more info here (https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-296593-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32).

DeadChaos
07-26-2017, 12:59 PM
That would help a lot. Can't see much through windows with those bright lights!

DeadChaos
08-08-2017, 05:43 AM
It's not often big publishers warn their customers about the size of an upcoming patch, but that's exactly what Ubisoft has done with Rainbow Six Siege.

In a post on the Rainbow Six website, Ubisoft revealed the size of its upcoming season three patch for the various platforms the game is on.

If you're on PC with Ultra HD, the patch is a gargantuan 42GB. If you're on PC without Ultra HD, it's 26GB.

If you're playing on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you're looking at a 15GB download. That's nowhere near as big as the PC download, but it's still huge for a video game patch.

Why is the update so big? Ubisoft said the patch resets the foundation future patches are built upon. The Y2S3.0 (year two season three) patch is the new baseline Ubisoft will update the game client from. "As a result of resetting the baseline, we must replace a significant number of the existing data forges," Ubisoft said. So, it's like you're downloading a new version of Rainbow Six Siege, rather than an update.

"All game data is stored in what we refer to as a 'forge'. This is a compressed archive containing other files. When we need to modify a file that is part of a forge, we simply download a new forge that contains the new file without replacing the original forge. This simplifies the patching process, and reduces the download size. Over time however, it leads to a lot of wasted space on disk, as there are more and more modified files."

Interesting!

The Y2S3.0 patch changes many existing textures, Ubisoft added, so the developers decided to consolidate the forges. The overall impact is a smaller footprint on your hard drive that takes up less space. And, it should mean faster load times for all players. Ubisoft said console players will see about 10 per cent faster loading times for matches. And it's worth noting the overall size of all future patches will be reduced by 12-15 per cent.

So, a gargantuan download now for a better and brighter future. Sounds reasonable to me.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-08-rainbow-six-sieges-next-patch-is-enormous-but-it-makes-loading-matches-faster

GRRowl74
08-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Man, I'm glad I bought the 1tb

tthfry
08-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Sounds promising. Sounds "healthy". I mean, seriously, what were people thinking? That OH fixes everything after 2 weeks? I hope it'll have the impact they're anticipating, but I'm sure their figures are estimates based on actual tests. Lookin' forward to it!

tthfry
08-08-2017, 05:52 AM
Man, I'm glad I bought the 1tb

Well, it does not say the game will be 15 gigs larger after the patch. For all I read from this, the footprint will be smaller after the update, because unnecessary stuff is getting removed. Would be fun to see a 15 gigs patch downloaded and the actual game files taking up 10 gigs or so less after the patch. :D Remind me to compare the disk storage analysis before and after the patch.

Gadnos316
08-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Well, it does not say the game will be 15 gigs larger after the patch. For all I read from this, the footprint will be smaller after the update, because unnecessary stuff is getting removed. Would be fun to see a 15 gigs patch downloaded and the actual game files taking up 10 gigs or so less after the patch. :D Remind me to compare the disk storage analysis before and after the patch.

I saw that too, think it's overwriting a lot of the former updates. I think it's supposed to improve the graphics a bit too, which unless you're playing on a Pro or PC may not make a huge difference.

GRRowl74
08-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Texture "improvement" can be interesting. In some cases it may be downgrading for console as they may swap more demanding russian tapestry patterns for a plain eggshell white wall, which would be boring and a loss for the atmosphere and immersive aspects of the game. On the other hand, it could also mean some of the rough textures that's quite rude on the eye especially from drone view - might be smoothed out. Also, tweaks to lighting is a thing I'm excited about for this patch, hopefully it will match my expectations. When is it due?

DeadChaos
08-08-2017, 10:22 AM
When is it due?

Droning Ubisoft office right now, when I know you will know.

GRRowl74
08-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Droning Ubisoft office right now, when I know you will know.

Give me a live mark and I'll try for a wallbang ;)

Retro
08-08-2017, 01:37 PM
When is it due?

Update 2.2.2 roles out on Wednesday.

The 2.2.2 patch is arriving on all platforms on August 9th, 2017. This is a very important patch as we will be deploying the foundation for many upcoming improvements to the game in Season 3, alongside some key bug fixes. Operation Health will be concluding with the Season 3 Title Update, and we have a lot of exciting changes coming up.

DEDICATED SERVERS FOR CUSTOM MATCHES

While Custom Matches have been hosted on dedicated servers since February 2016 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1387463), we will be reducing the requirements to host a Custom Match and have it remain on dedicated servers. Previously, players were required to have a full lobby (10 players) within 10 minutes of starting the match for it to be hosted on a server, as opposed to being hosted via peer to peer. Once this feature has been deployed, you will only need two players in a Custom Match lobby to ensure that your match will be hosted on a dedicated server. By reducing the total number of players required to host a Custom Match on a dedicated server, it will open up more possibilities for an improved gaming experience, even when you don’t want to play a full 5v5 match.
Another impact of the move to dedicated servers for Custom Matches is that player hosted online lobbies will no longer be available. For players to host a match alone, they will need to utilize the LAN mode.

DEDICATED SERVERS FOR TERRORIST HUNT

Host migration in Terrorist Hunt is going to be a thing of the past. We will be hosting all Terrorist Hunt matches on dedicated servers starting in the near future. This will allow for a more stable experience for those of you who wish to take on the White Masks!

DEDICATED SERVERS FOR IN-GAME VOICE CHAT WITH VIVOX INTEGRATION

Communication between teammates in Rainbow Six is essential. With that in mind, we will be implementing an improved integrated voice chat service for all platforms that will be hosted on dedicated servers. Vivox will allow for more clear voice communication, all while using less total bandwidth. This new voice chat solution will provide all players with an ability to more clearly communicate with their teammates, especially after one of them Fuzes the hostage. We will be rolling this out to PC first, and console deployment later to ensure a high quality launch.

MORE ACCURATE VAULTING ANIMATION WHILE AIMING

The animation for vaulting through a window while aiming has been tweaked to reflect where the vaulter is aiming. In the past, the aiming animation took a short amount of time to reflect where the vaulter was actually aiming, which sometimes cause some confusion for an enemy watching the vault. This change in 2.2.2 will fix this so that the enemy player will know where the vaulter is aiming.
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/rainbow6/siege/windowbreach_298310.gif

Retro
08-08-2017, 01:39 PM
LUCKY SEVENTH - ELITE PULSE SETUnlock the Luck Seventh elite bundle for Pulse on August 9th! This unique bundle introduces a head-to-toe customization that will make you really stand out in the winning screen. Purchasing the bundle unlocks the Oscillator weapon skin for the M1014, UMP45, 5.7 USG and M45 Meusoc along with Wavelength gadget skin for Pulse's HB-5 Cardiac Sensor, Slick Victory Animation, Elite Pulse Chibi Charm and Lucky Seventh Uniform.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/rainbow6/siege/elitepulse_650_298314.jpg

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!As a thank you for your continued support to Rainbow Six Siege and Operation Health, we are happy to administer the R6 Caduceus charm. Every player who has played Rainbow Six Siege from the start of Operation Health from May 23rd to the start of Season 3 in late August will receive this charm.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/rainbow6/siege/ophealthcharm_650_298313.jpg

EXCLUSIVE OPERATION HEALTH GIFT FOR YEAR 2 PASS OWNERS!We appreciate your engagement to Rainbow Six Siege. As a thank you for your continued support as a Year 2 Pass owner, we are happy to offer you Doc’s Gauze headgear and the Mended weapon skin. This applies to all players who own the Year 2 Season Pass. If you purchase the Year 2 Pass at any point until it expires, you will still receive these two items.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/rainbow6/siege/ophealthheadgear_opt_298312.jpg
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-ca/game/rainbow6/siege/ophealthskin_opt_298311.jpg

Retro
08-08-2017, 01:40 PM
FEATURES DEPLOYING AFTER 2.2.2 AND DURING SEASON 3The goal of Operation Health is to provide a more stable foundation to build the future of Rainbow Six Siege. As part of that, we need to be absolutely certain that the new servers being introduced have gone through sufficient testing. As such, we have been utilizing the Technical Test Server (“TTS”) to run a series of tests on these upcoming features. We ran a TTS phase last week that was focused on these server upgrades, and will have a few more in the future to test the servers, as well as some of the other peer-to-peer feature removals.
The results of each TTS phase will be reviewed by our teams. If we find an issue during one of the TTS phases, then it could potentially lead to a delay in the live deployment. The goal is to provide players with better quality servers, and more stability, which means we need to ensure that our changes are 100% ready to deploy live before we do.
Upgraded Servers
These servers have improved hardware over the servers that are currently in use, allowing for a smoother overall gameplay experience. The extent of these improvements will range from hit registration, and desyncs, to overall latency. While we are excited for you to test this new technology on the TTS, the final deployment date cannot be determined prior to data collection from these tests.
Peer to Peer Removal
We will be removing Peer to Peer voice and party features from the game in the future. This means that you will have an easier time connecting to your friends and forming parties, as well as a more fluid VOIP experience to facilitate communication with your teammates.
To avoid any misconceptions, all Ranked, Casual, and some Custom Matches are currently hosted on dedicated servers. Peer to Peer removal is not related to the hosting of the actual matches.
LAN Mode on PlayStation 4
Call your friends (if they live near you (if you have any)), LAN mode is coming to the PlayStation 4! This is targeted for Season 3.
MAIN BUG FIXESGAMEPLAYFIXED – Players are able to place Valkyrie’s Black Eye cameras in a location that provides visibility of the entire Bank map.
FIXED – Nitro Cells deal no damage when they are thrown against certain types of metal beams.
FIXED – In some cases, wall reinforcement debris remain floating after being destroyed.
FIXED – Laser sights reduce the pellet spread of Shotguns.
GAME MODESecure Area
FIXED – Securing can be interrupted by stepping over debris.
Caster Camera
FIXED – Spectating a player moving through the basement of Oregon forces floor switches.
FIXED – Visual Operator placement glitch when switching from first to third person.
FIXED – Metallic doors appear orange on Bank.
Custom Game
FIXED – Data Centers selected by the host is changed when the Dedicated Match begins.
OPERATORSHibana
FIXED – X-KAIROS destruction does not affect the main section of wall reinforcements.
FIXED – X-KAIROS pellets can leave floating reinforcement debris.
Glaz
FIXED – Glaz’s gadget does not always show enemies when looking through specific angles through windows.
Echo
FIXED – Yokai Drone fails to stick to the ceiling in the Garage of Bank.
LEVEL DESIGNConsulate
FIXED – Carrying the hostage on 2F service stairs causes the hostage to clip through the wall.
FIXED – Walls on the East and South sides of 2F Break Room are indestructible.
FIXED – Animation loop when approaching the refrigerator in Cafeteria.
FIXED – The wall in B Storage Room is missing a reinforcement interaction.
Bank
FIXED – Black Eye’s vision can be blocked by metal bars above the server racks due to missing collision.
FIXED – Players do not take any damage through EXT High Roof bars.
Coastline
FIXED – Attackers are able to climb onto the pink canvas on the top of the building.
FIXED – Breaching charges placed in 2F VIP Lounge will not break the floor.
FIXED – Operators clip through the environment in 2F Penthouse.
FIXED – Rubber banding occurs when entering through the EXT Cantina drone vent.
FIXED – Players are able to clip through the environment to access unreachable areas.
Kanal
FIXED – Players are able to use a shield vaulting exploit to spawn kill Attackers.
FIXED – Gadgets cannot be placed in CG2F Radio.
FIXED – Drones remain floating in the air when they jump into the water.
FIXED – When placing a gadget on some walls, the lighting becomes brighter.
FIXED – Players are able to vault into unintended areas.
Border
FIXED – Rubber banding occurs after vaulting through the windows on EXT South Balcony.
FIXED – Players are able to melee through a wood panel near East Stairs to clearly see the southern door.
FIXED – Players are able to be killed through an unbreachable walls by going prone on furniture in 2F Fountain.
Chalet
FIXED – Twitch’s drone gets destroyed when passing by a rock on EXT Cliffside woods.
Skyscraper
FIXED – A wall in Geisha Room is able to be reinforced from both sides.
FIXED – Rubber banding occurs when passing between the hostage and the table in 1F Kitchen.
FIXED – Players can remain stuck after vaulting onto the bar.
Clubhouse
FIXED – When going prone in 2F Bathroom, players will partially clip through the wall.
USER EXPERIENCEFIXED – Inviting a player through the Uplay PC client prior to launching the game will not add them to the squad.
FIXED – Twitch’s Jeanne d’Arc headgear has low-res textures.
FIXED – The price of the Capitao Loreto Set is incorrect on the Xbox One.
FIXED – Some of Mute’s headgear appear to have a low level of detail.
FIXED – NVIDIA Surround option only displays the game on a single monitor.
FIXED – Rank icons do not always refresh for all party members.
FIXED – 9x19VSN Kabuto skin clipping error.
FIXED – Flag of Japan charm has a flickering texture.
FIXED – Waiting for teammates and waiting for squad messages do not always appear as intended.
FIXED – Fudgy Bunny appears with a low level of detail.
FIXED – Some skins on the SMG-11 have a low level of detail.
FIXED – A typo is present in the Czech subtitles of Kapkan’s intro video.
FIXED – Watch Dogs charm has anti-aliasing glitches.
FIXED – Some players are unable to interact with the scoreboard.
FIXED – Operators from the previous match are sometimes shown in the scoreboard prior to entering the Operator selection screen.