PDA

View Full Version : What is your load-out?

JockoPablo
01-11-2016, 03:52 PM
I mostly run with Thermal Detonator, Pulse Canon, and Ion shot, but yesterday I swapped the Pulse Canon for the Bowcaster for the first time. I'm still getting used to it.

For trait I've been running Bodyguard, but I might try Bounty Hunter for a bit.

Ullrsdog
01-12-2016, 03:22 PM
I mostly run with Thermal Detonator, Pulse Canon, and Ion shot, but yesterday I swapped the Pulse Canon for the Bowcaster for the first time. I'm still getting used to it.

For trait I've been running Bodyguard, but I might try Bounty Hunter for a bit.

Well it all depends for me on the game mode, unless we are talking blaster...that is DL-44 FOR DAYS!!!
In games like Droid Run, Cargo, and Drop Zone I tend to run with Barrage, Scan Pulse, and Thermal if it is more along the lines of Supremacy or Walker Assault then I'll run Torpedo / Homing / Pulse cannon with Ion Shot and Thermal.
The only trait I have even purchased is the stealth one (can't remember the name).
I do need to use some of the other weapons though just so I can get the trophy (in game trophy for the "game board") for getting a kill with all of them.

Borlaxx
01-13-2016, 12:48 PM
One of my hands is set up for infantry fighting with homing, barrage and explosive shot, and the other for vehicles with ion torpedo, ion grenade, and ion shot. I usually use the infantry one unless playing as the rebels on walker assault or have been killed more than once by any enemy vehicle that nobody else is dealing with.

I've been using the scout trait so I don't appear on radar when running. Probably going to stick with that one as it seems the most beneficial.

Currently I am using the last gun other than the DL-44 because I am only level 24 and haven't reached level 25 to unlock it yet. Is the DL-44 really that much better? They are both single shot guns with high levels of damage and low rates of fire.

JockoPablo
01-13-2016, 01:47 PM
I've been using the scout trait so I don't appear on radar when running. Probably going to stick with that one as it seems the most beneficial.

Currently I am using the last gun other than the DL-44 because I am only level 24 and haven't reached level 25 to unlock it yet. Is the DL-44 really that much better? They are both single shot guns with high levels of damage and low rates of fire.

I purchased the Scout trait yesterday and used it in a Drop Zone match. It is very effective on the smaller maps, but I'm tempted to switch back to Bodyguard because of all the knuckleheads running with the Jump Pack/Bowcaster/Bounty Hunter FOTM build.

The DL-44 is a game-changer. I get killed by that more than any other weapon. I'm getting killed by the SE-14C a lot lately, though, so I may have a go at that. Is that the one you're talking about? I've never used it but I it fires multiple rounds in a burst like the EE-3. It is supposed to be very good in close-quarters combat.

Ullrsdog
01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
One of my hands is set up for infantry fighting with homing, barrage and explosive shot, and the other for vehicles with ion torpedo, ion grenade, and ion shot. I usually use the infantry one unless playing as the rebels on walker assault or have been killed more than once by any enemy vehicle that nobody else is dealing with.

DL-44 is all I have used other than around 150 kills with blaster rifles like the EE-3 (which I was thinking I'd like more)...with nearly 2300 kills with the DL-44 I just can't get away from it, the only downfall is distance but anything in close and it is a beast. Usually a 2 shot kill and sometimes 1 and done!

TonkaToys
01-14-2016, 04:24 AM
Trying the jump pack & bowcaster combination, but I can't get used to the charge up then jump whilst aiming mechanic.
Normally I have thermal detonator and flash grenade to clear out campers on PTFO games. I also use the stealth trait (must try the others).
Like B, I also have the same anti vehicle hand.

Weapons wise, I've had a lot of success with the EE.

Homing shot and pulse rifle are OK but I'm running around too much most of the time.

Major Stains
01-14-2016, 07:18 AM
Looking through my stats, my favoured blaster is the E-11 which I find is fairly good over distance and still packs a fair punch up close.
My stats also show that I am an unashamed nade whore with thermal detonators/ imploders taking the majority of the Star Card kills. Somehow I overcame my disdain for the jump pack and find it invaluable to get in and out of the hot spots. I found Focus Fire to be fairly efficient. And also have a Ion hand set up that I rarely use.
I recently played the Bounty Hunter card, which has had mixed results.

I haven't played this much since I opened R6:S at Christmas, but want to get back into it so I can reach 40 and get a new head and some more interesting gestures.

Borlaxx
01-14-2016, 12:56 PM
The gun I am talking about is the T-21B.

T-21B
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/0000363e4/bfbd/T21B.jpg
This is a refined version of the T-21, which combines the power of a heavy blaster with the precision and range of a blaster rifle.
Price: 2,500
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/0000363e5/5bda/T21B-stats.jpg

JockoPablo
01-14-2016, 01:58 PM
I haven't played this much since I opened R6:S at Christmas, but want to get back into it so I can reach 40 and get a new head and some more interesting gestures.

Yeah, I'm anxious to get to 40 as well to get the Scout Trooper skin. I hate the helmet-less stormtrooper skins, and it's disappointing that they have only one version of the helmeted trooper pre-40.

Ullrsdog
01-14-2016, 04:34 PM
The gun I am talking about is the T-21B.

T-21B
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/0000363e4/bfbd/T21B.jpg
This is a refined version of the T-21, which combines the power of a heavy blaster with the precision and range of a blaster rifle.
Price: 2,500
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/0000363e5/5bda/T21B-stats.jpg
Talk to Beeano About this one he loves it...essentially it's a DMR, semi-auto, has an optic and crushes at range. The down side is it overheats pretty quick but if you stick to ranged engagements you can do well, the T-21B is a modified T-21...which also does well at range but lacks the optic but you get the bonus of having a slow firing full auto for those situations when you turn a corner and find 3 baddies waiting for you. So in the end if you like the T-21 but want the optic and increase in accuracy at range this will work well.

Forgot to mention the T-21 and T-21B are my sons favorites in the missions...I only use them in that setting so I can't speak to their use in Multi Player

TonkaToys
01-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I'm anxious to get to 40 as well to get the Scout Trooper skin. I hate the helmet-less stormtrooper skins, and it's disappointing that they have only one version of the helmeted trooper pre-40.

I hate the helmetless troopers too. They could have had different insignia or capes or whatever, but helmetless? Don't be ridiculous.

Borlaxx
01-15-2016, 10:06 AM
I hate the helmetless troopers too. They could have had different insignia or capes or whatever, but helmetless? Don't be ridiculous.
Captain Phasma would not approve.

Psalm
02-08-2016, 03:16 PM
I haven't played this much and am trying to figure out everything. I keep hearing about trait cards, but at level 13. I don't think I have unlocked them yet?

TonkaToys
02-11-2016, 12:31 PM
I think the first trait card comes in at level 15. They are basically like skills or abilities that give you a slight advantage.
I typically use the Scout card which keeps you off radar.
You start off with the trait at a really low level and it increases in power as you get kills.

Psalm
02-11-2016, 04:48 PM
I think the first trait card comes in at level 15. They are basically like skills or abilities that give you a slight advantage.
I typically use the Scout card which keeps you off radar.
You start off with the trait at a really low level and it increases in power as you get kills.
Thanks Charlie!. I made it to level 16 last night... I unlocked the scout as well. I had no idea you showed up while sprinting... gah!

Ullrsdog
02-17-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks Charlie!. I made it to level 16 last night... I unlocked the scout as well. I had no idea you showed up while sprinting... gah!

HAHAHAHAA!! sprinting and shooting make you pop up, I am trying to get some of the diorama characters unlocked and one requires that you get all traits to level 3, I can't get away from the Scout card though and am focused on getting kills with all weapons at the moment. DAMN why didn't I use the bowcaster before it was nerfed!

Speaking of nerf, they killed Bobba's wrist rocket but WTF is up with Han's Luck Shot? that is the exact same thing and I was getting CRUSHED by it last night on Hero vs Villan.

TonkaToys
02-19-2016, 02:56 AM
Speaking of nerf, they killed Bobba's wrist rocket but WTF is up with Han's Luck Shot? that is the exact same thing and I was getting CRUSHED by it last night on Hero vs Villan.

Well,the goody always has to win, don't they?

Ullrsdog
02-22-2016, 04:31 PM
Well,the goody always has to win, don't they?

:fencing: I'd rather see a good battle, but point taken sir...he's a damn nerf-herder anyway! :smile:

TonkaToys
02-23-2016, 05:10 AM
What's the strategy with the different heroes and villains?

I do OK with Luke and Vader (attack attack attack!), passable with Leia and the Emp (stay alive, drop loads of stuff, generate guards)... but I just can't get on with Han or Boba.

Qrystal
03-21-2016, 02:15 PM
I've been dying to share one of my favourite loadouts, so I'm glad I found this thread... :P

I like using Personal Shield with thermal detonators and ion grenades, for almost any map. Why ion grenades, you ask? Because they are not just anti-vehicle, anti-droid, and anti-stationary weapon, but they also nuke PERSONAL SHIELDS! And they can be thrown from behind my own shield, just like the thermal detonators can, which is why I bring both. Also, the upgraded ion grenades have a nice short cooldown time too, shorter than thermal detonators. One oddity with them is that they don't blow up very fast... but when someone sees a grenade thrown, they just might panic a little bit, or slow down and backtrack, which can give me time to shoot them.

I have about twelve hands made I think, but this is the one I almost always have set as my 2nd hand.

EDIT: Sigh. So this is what it feels like to have a favourite thing nerfed in a game. Reading today's patch notes, I see that it will no longer be possible to toss nades from within a personal shield. And it says most projectiles will be deflected by a shield, with exceptions that don't include thermal detonators or ion grenades. I hope the blast damage still happens as expected! At least there seem to be a huge amount of other awesome changes I can use to comfort myself. I just wish the download had happened overnight, the way I was attempting to set it to happen! My kid's still asleep and I wanted to play! :P

JockoPablo
03-22-2016, 07:18 AM
What's the strategy with the different heroes and villains?

A YouTuber named GareBear203 has a set of guides for the heroes and villains. Here's Han:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8s-vfcwus&index=7&list=WL

I like using Personal Shield with thermal detonators and ion grenades, for almost any map.

Great idea. I run with ion grenades sometimes but not nearly as often as I should. Usually I pick the ion torpedo, but unlike the grenades it can't be used against shields. On modes such as cargo and droid run when I expect to see a lot of bubbles I run with the cycler rifle.

I'm looking forward to trying the new cards and weapons in the Outer Rim DLC.

TonkaToys
03-24-2016, 07:31 AM
Sigh. So this is what it feels like to have a favourite thing nerfed in a game. Reading today's patch notes, I see that it will no longer be possible to toss nades from within a personal shield. And it says most projectiles will be deflected by a shield, with exceptions that don't include thermal detonators or ion grenades. I hope the blast damage still happens as expected! At least there seem to be a huge amount of other awesome changes I can use to comfort myself. I just wish the download had happened overnight, the way I was attempting to set it to happen! My kid's still asleep and I wanted to play! :P

So true - just when you get used to the way something works, it changes! And yes I don't get why it doesn't download and patch overnight (except for the fact that my kids had recorded about a million GB of screenshots and videos that were taking up all the space on my PS4).

doctor_flash
04-01-2016, 01:51 PM
There is a guy on YouTube called OTAKU who has a lot of BF videos. He also usually does a live stream late on Saturday nights (US Eastern time). He does use obscene language in his live stream, but not very often in the videos on his channel. Here's his video on the Heroes vs. Villains game mode. https://youtu.be/6yBC-swMhZs

TonkaToys
04-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Thanks for that mate, I quite like the HvV mode - still not great with Han though

GasHousePizza
04-03-2016, 05:57 PM
I'm having such a hard time getting kills with the Dioxis Grenade. Anyone having better luck with it?

JockoPablo
04-03-2016, 07:00 PM
I'm having such a hard time getting kills with the Dioxis Grenade. Anyone having better luck with it?

I started out strong but as players learned to avoid it I've had a tougher time. I'm at 11 of 15 on the Hutt contract for dioxis kills.

I've found it works best in either drop zone or extraction where players bunch up. I try to soften them with barrage then chuck the dioxis.

doctor_flash
04-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Thanks for that mate, I quite like the HvV mode - still not great with Han though

You're welcome! He's an amazing gamer and has some good advice on how to get better. I don't get the crazy kills he does but I do die a lot less since I started watching his vids/live stream. :becky:

doctor_flash
04-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Another good trick, especially on Extraction and Drop Zone type modes, is to try and get a few shots in while they are running towards the objective and then drop the dioxis on the objective forcing them to run into it to capture or stand there exposed waiting for it to dissipate.

DemRepOfDave
04-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Hi there.

I tend to use the cycler rifle in extraction. There always seems to be an abundance of squad and personal shields in this mode. So nice to cut your enemy down through them.

Don't see many other people using it in this mode though.

Cheers

Dave

TonkaToys
04-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Does that still work after the boosted the shields?

JockoPablo
04-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Does that still work after the boosted the shields?

Yes. Both cycler rifle and the new scatter gun still kill through shields. It's great fun.

TonkaToys
04-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Yes - I've just been killed a couple of times through the shield with the scatter gun

nightwalker9911
04-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Jetpack - Explosive Shot - Thermal Detonator

I've tried many different combos, but this one keeps pulling me back...lol

rolltide639
04-09-2016, 08:18 PM
It depends on the match and terrain.

Extraction-outdoor:
Thermal detonator, jump pack, shield

Etraction-indoor:
Thermal detonator, barrage, shield.

40 player modes
thermal detonator, jumppack, Stim pack.
I also keep an anti vehicle off hand:
Ion torpedo, jump pack, ion shot.

Hero's v villain;
Scatter shot, explosive shot\scan pulse, jump pack\barrage. I swap it up depending on the map.

I usually run with the a280c or e11. Occasionally use the ca-87 with focus fire and the T-21b.

JockoPablo
04-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I've fallen in love with the Scatter Gun and the Dioxis Grenade. Of course the Dioxis works best in Extraction mode where you have major choke points, but I carry the Scatter with me into just about every mode.

beastbaran
04-11-2016, 01:25 PM
This is hard to answer, because I mix up my load outs depending on the mode and even for different maps within the mode.

My favorite card right now is the scatter gun. I find it so versatile, and it's really helped me get out of so many jams.

FoxyHotsauce
06-28-2016, 12:29 PM
I ALWAYS run the Scout trait card.
Really, the rest of the loadout depends on what mode I'm playing.
I prefer Extraction and, now, Sabotage modes. Both of those modes, my go-to hand is the scan pulse, dioxis grenade and smoke grenade.
I throw down a smoke screen and then throw a dioxis grenade right next to whatever the objective is or at the choke point where the enemy is funneling through... I only get 1-3 dioxis kills per match, but, I get assists for DAYS!
With the scan pulse running, especially sinc e the update, I just pick off anybody who runs into the smoke. They can't see me or my team, but, we can sure see them!

Case and point:
https://youtu.be/ANAfG8VPQao

FoxyHotsauce
06-28-2016, 12:33 PM
And as far as blasters go, it depends on both the map and which point in the match it is. Wide open areas, I'll use the EE-3. Close to medium range I'll use my E-11.
One thing I CAN NOT stand, though, is the "no skill required" CA-87. That one-shot-kill POS... If you have to use a CA-87 to pick up kills, you shouldn't be playing online.

CA-87 rage comeback - https://youtu.be/9mko_yf1DvY

JockoPablo
06-28-2016, 12:37 PM
I only use a CA-87 when I have a challenge or bounty that requires it.

I've seen the Scan Pulse + Smoke Grenade build described as the Batman build before. That would be a good combo.

Sadly I've resorted to using the jetpack again because the rest of my bounties require kills or points as a hero, and I can't tell you how many times I've been running straight for a hero power-up only to have someone jetpack past me to nick it.

FoxyHotsauce
06-28-2016, 12:56 PM
I, too, have used the CA-87 for bounties, but, in most cases, I'll drop the 100 credits to switch bounties.

FoxyHotsauce
06-28-2016, 01:00 PM
And, I've never really gotten into a mad dash for a hero token. I usually wind up with more kills than any hero that has spawned during a match.
AT-ST tokens, though... I'd sell one of my kids to pick one of those up!

Indiana_Jim
06-28-2016, 03:50 PM
I usually roll with the E-11, Jump Pack, Adrenaline Stim and Thermal Detonator as my primary.
On Walker Assault as Rebels I'll go with jump pack ion shot and ion torpedo.
On Drop Zone I do jump pack, Personal Shield and Scatter Gun. In DS on Bioniip Laboratories map I like T-21B and Scan Pulse, and I'll sit up on the central tower and snipe all game.
Sometimes I'll drop the jump pack on indoor maps like Jabba's Palace and Sullust, so in Extraction I'll have Dioxis grenade and Thermal Detonator.

Recently I've been using the X-8 thermal pistol a lot and I really like it, though I think it could use a small buff. I've been trying out the disruptor card but can't seem to get it to do anything.

DemRepOfDave
06-29-2016, 03:57 AM
Hi,

On Bespin Walker Assault - I always play with Ion Torpedo as a Rebel. Taking out AT-ST's and using them on AT-AT seems to be the only way to give the rebels a fighting chance.

Cheers

Dave

TonkaToys
06-29-2016, 05:04 AM
Good vids Foxy! Excellent use of Smoke & Scan. Wouldn't the new X-8 help with that too? Can that see through the smoke?
I saw a brief message pop up about your Twitch channel - you should get that added to our Twitch list...

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/twitch.php

I've been trying out the Shock Grenade and coupling it with a Thermal Detonator - it is quite a laugh to see the baddies pounding their escape button as the timer for the Thermal Detonator ticks down.

I also unlocked the Disruptor Rifle (EMP thingy) - if you can hit a low flying spacecraft it is quite fun to watch them smash into the ground. The only thing is you don't get the credit for the kill (I think).

I'm working on the Binoculars at the moment (man it sucks to do one bounty at a time, but I'm doing that to keep the challenge going for longer).

FoxyHotsauce
06-29-2016, 08:13 AM
I'll often use the Ion torpedo and sometimes ion shot during WA

FoxyHotsauce
06-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Thanks, Tonka.
I HATE that new sniper pistol! I thought the same thing and couldn't wait to unlock it so that I could see through the smoke, but, doesn't work... not like that. Not only does it not see through the smoke, but, it doesn't pack much of a punch and has kind of a crappy rate-of-fire.

I'll check out that twitch page. Thanks for the heads up!

FoxyHotsauce
06-29-2016, 08:31 AM
More smoke + dioxis
https://youtu.be/mXJq1r9pAWU

JockoPablo
06-29-2016, 10:05 AM
I earned the night sniper blaster last night so I paired it with the smoke grenade with great effect. I also used the stun grenade, so I'd chuck a smoke grenade, throw the stun grenade in the middle of it during the confusion, then clean up with the night sniper. Great fun!

FoxyHotsauce
06-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Really?! I used the sniper/smoke combo and still couldn't see the enemy?!

JockoPablo
06-29-2016, 01:12 PM
I'll check again but I could swear I saw them through the smoke. Maybe I just wasn't looking right in the thick of it.

Imdesertwolf
06-30-2016, 04:39 AM
Good vids FoxyHotsauce, few new tricks to try. I usually run with the thermal, jetpack (saved my skin a lot) and explosive shot and my other hand is ion torpedo, ion shot and jetpack (walker assault). It does depend on the map though as Im always changing it up. Hopefully I can get some games with you guys as I have yet too.

FoxyHotsauce
06-30-2016, 06:55 AM
I tried it last night. I could see the enemy better through the smoke with the sniper than before, but... I hate that blaster. The thing hits like a pea-shooter that overheats too fast with too slow a rate of fire.
I don't like that sniper at all.

JockoPablo
06-30-2016, 07:36 AM
I tried it last night. I could see the enemy better through the smoke with the sniper than before, but... I hate that blaster. The thing hits like a pea-shooter that overheats too fast with too slow a rate of fire.
I don't like that sniper at all.

Agree on all counts. I tested it some more last night and found that I couldn't see enemies who were right in the heart of the smoke, but it was easier to spot them with the sniper if they were on the fringes.

I think the sniper would only be viable in conjunction with the Cooling Cell.

JockoPablo
07-05-2016, 07:18 AM
I have fallen in love with the Stun Grenade, Scan Pulse, and Dioxis Grenade hand with the Scout Trait. I use that hand almost exclusively now. The only exception is when I'm a rebel on WA, in which case I swap Ion Torpedo with Stun Grenade.

Stun Grenade works best with Scan Pulse, because the timing of it is so critical and it has such a small AOE. I love catching someone coming around a corner and welcoming them with a Stun.

FoxyHotsauce
07-05-2016, 09:43 AM
I've been considering doing that stun grenade bounty... I don't know, we'll see.

TonkaToys
07-06-2016, 03:31 PM
It is quite good fun using the stun grenade, but I also like that new trait that puts everyone's guns into overheat. Great on CQB fights like Sabotage.

Qrystal
07-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Currently, my favourite loadout is what I call my "Anti-Tech" build: Ion Grenade, Disruption, and something for myself, usually Bacta Bomb. My main goal with this is to take out all turrets and droids, and it basically stays in my second hand at all times while I switch out the first hand depending on the map or game type. It's also very fun vs players: Ion Grenade itself is hilarious for popping Personal and Squad Shields (extra fun in Extraction!), and it is also amusing to lob it at a player whose health is 40% or lower (I sometimes can't help but laugh when an artful dodger, who may technically be better than me, is taken down by my "nonstandard" use of the Ion Grenade). Disruption just takes it up a notch, making it that much easier to step out in front of a turret or droid to line up the Ion Grenade. This build works quite well against players using Disruption, too, because I can just disrupt back, and/or toss the Ion Grenade at them to freak them out long enough to recover use of my blaster. And sometimes it's fun just being annoying, with Disruption. :P

I like Bacta Bomb a lot in the build above because I get in front of turrets/droids often, but I sometimes switch out for Jump Pack when the map and/or mode really demands it. I suspect this seems backwards to many people using Jump Pack as default, switching out only when it is basically useless. I however think primarily small-scale, and try to see if I can get away with no Jump Pack even on big modes. Generally, all my fave premade hands have a spot reserved for either Bacta or Jump Pack, and if I'm messing around with other things I use a fresh or completely malleable hand for it, and save a copy when I really hit on something I like.

Sometimes I focus on PTFO with a Personal Shield, with either Scatter Gun or Ion Grenade or Cycler Rifle in one slot, and of course Bacta Bomb or Jump Pack in the other. Yeah, it's somewhat similar to the loadout above, but that's because I LIKE the one above. I have both saved under different names -- this one I call "Protector". Sometimes I play with both hands on-hand, and sometimes I keep them very similar and sometimes I keep them as different as possible, depending on game mode. But I know the tweaks I do, and can do them very quickly once I know what I'm playing next. (I, for one, really do like the playlists, because I am good at keeping my hands organized and yet flexible.)

I also enjoy using Scatter Gun, Adrenaline, and Jump Pack, but this might just be because I only got the Season Pass after Bespin came out so two of those three items are still new to me. They're fun, though-- in fact, I call this loadout "Muhaha", for lack of a better name. Anti-Tech pro-tip: the Scatter Gun can take out a turret or droid almost as easily as an Ion Grenade, which is why I am so comfortable with the Scatter Gun. Cycler Rifle can do this too, and with a much shorter cooldown, which makes it very tempting for me, but it's more exacting. However, the Ion Grenade is much easier to use for this purpose than either of the two guns, so if I'm pretty sure I'm going to be taking out turrets & droids, I prefer to have the Ion Grenade on-hand, while if I think I'll want the increased damage to players I'll pick a gun, in one of my two hands at least. Scatter Gun is still new enough to me that it's my go-to at the moment. I do hope to return to Cycler Rifle though too, because I think its use demands respect. I sure respect anyone who kills me with it, I tell ya! :P

My "Ionic Bionic" hand is for original Walker Assault games, and features Ion Torpedo, Ion Shot, and Jump Pack. Actually, I switched out Ion Torpedo for Ion Neutralizer, but after finding the latter to be rather meh, I've switched back. Yeah, Ion Torpedo is slow, but it works at a huge distance and locks on. I'm not much of a fan of locking onto infantry with the Homing Shot (I don't want to be thought of as a newb, after all! :P) but for air vehicles or AT-XTs (X = A or S), I'm game.

My "Hero Hurter" hand currently inclues Impact Grenade, Disruption, and Jump Pack. Jump Pack is to cross the large distances in a hurry after being slaughtered by a hero. The other two do things that are helpful vs heroes -- i.e. thwack fast with high-damage grenade on lightsaber-wielders, and disrupt blasters and advanced turrets on everyone else. I'm still trying to figure out if there's a better combo. I used to have Pulse Cannon in this hand, but I'm pretty bad with it, and it got nerfed recently against heroes, so, no point. I figure it's better to use a blaster from a distance, and Impact Grenade if anyone gets too close.

For Sabotage in Carbon-Freezing Chambers, I love Thermal Detonator, Scan Pulse, Dioxis Grenade. It's just too damn fun to not use on a bunch of fools all grouped together! :P I call this hand "Sabotera" because the name makes me smirk, which reminds me to use it. (I must say, though, how I really dislike how assists count as kills in the leaderboard. It almost makes me not want to use Dioxis at all because then I can't see my actual stats until the last screen. I love statistics!) Other maps for Sabotage I generally just run my Anti-Tech and Hero Hurter.

And I have a hand I call "Sniper Backup" with a Scout Pistol, Cooling Cell, and Jump Pack to reach difficult places or escape in a hurry, but I haven't really used this much, except when I have a Targeting Rifle challenge in play, and when I'm tired of the good ol' T-21B and feeling like seeing if the DLT-19X fits my mood that day.

I'm also playing with Focus Fire and the EE-4, which is interesting. Still feeling like I need my Bacta Bomb handy with that, since I can't use Adrenaline with Focus Fire, but my third slot is flexible here. This is one of my malleable hands, named something mundane like "Misc Changeable". :) I do have to say that I have been playing with the EE-4 a lot in general, with or without Focus Fire, and I love it so much I fear it's going to be nerfed. It's pretty crazy-awesome in the single-player missions! I'm actually getting some of those finished now! Other fave weapons are T-21, T-21B, RC-97C, and as much as I hate to admit it, the DH-17. I wish other blaster pistols were comparable, especially the X-8! I know the SE-14C should supposedly win against the DH-17, but I'm not very good with the burst patterns of the SE-14C or even the EE-3. The Relby-V10 is also pretty damn fun, but then I started to find I was losing too often vs guns that shouldn't beat me at the distances I was at, like the dammed DH-17.

I'm thinking of incorporating the Shock Grenade into my loadouts, now that I just got it levelled up and cooldown reduced yesterday -- but then again, it's still a really long cooldown, which is the same reason I don't use Barrage (actually, not completely the same, because I just haven't really gotten into enjoying using the three explosives in Barrage). Bowcaster is intriguing too, especially with its recent changes, but I just like to play faster than a charge-up requires (e.g. I hate getting the Ion Disruptor powerup). I'm better with bouncing explosives than ones that go in straight lines. But then maybe I just haven't thought of a strategy that would make use of either Barrage or the Bowcaster... hmm.

And that's about everything there is to know about my loadouts, and a bit about my thought process. :D I'll close out by just saying I love this game, and having a community to share these thoughts! :)

EDITING TO ADD: MY TRAIT! I pretty much always use Bodyguard. Always good to not get blown up, to survive and blast again another day~! :) Scout used to be a favourite too, but when my partner pops onto my position and starts running and I'm never sure if they are using Scout, I feel like my cover could be blown. Sure, it could still be useful if my partner is surviving and elsewhere, and to have my blaster fire be invisible too, and to have heat reset on kills... maybe I'll use it more now that I'm thinking about those features... but more often, I'm out getting blown up, and enjoying surviving more of them than I should. :D I do like Bounty Hunter sometimes too. I'm not much into Berserker, even though I do usually have a heal card of some sort on me. Survivalist never quite seems to do enough in-game, although I adore it for the Behemoth Perk in Base Command. Sharpshooter is a joke, except in Base Command vs Speeder Bikes & Probe Droids. I'm very much looking forward to the new possibly-upcoming speedy trait -- if that's what Escape Artist will be, it sounds like awesome fun!

Jiriki Immo
07-15-2016, 11:45 AM
The stun grenade is fun to use in Cargo. Sit back and defend the cargo throw the grenade and watch your opponent gyrate as he is trying to pick up the cargo. Then get him with the blaster. But I'm only using it now for the Hutt contract. Then I'll move on to something else.

TonkaToys
07-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Great descriptions Qrystal. I've been really liking the dioxis grenade and the scatter gun; I can recommend the dioxis against heroes as they seem to forget it is affecting them.
Recently I've moved onto disruption and stun , which works well at the end of Sabotage on the Carbon Chambers when all the bad guys are bunched up nicely for you.

MIZBRB
08-04-2016, 01:14 AM
Awesome post Qrystal - very informative!

I am almost completely weaned off of the jump pack. Sure it stinks having to run all the way back when I die, but that is what partner spawning is for... right? Also it makes me play a little more careful, which is never a bad thing.

My latest load-out that has been a lot of fun is what I call "Suppressor". It consists of RT-97C paired with focus fire, then homing shot (LOL!) and bowcaster. I generally run bounty hunter trait with this load-out. The strategy for this setup is to hang back behind cover and seek out bottlenecks, etc. and then just unload blaster fire/HS/Bowcaster, basically supporting teammates that are pushing forward.

Focus fire gives the 97C pinpoint accuracy (think continuous sniper rifle if you can manage head shots - it drops people FAST). The homing shot is super cheesy but if you really think about it... who doesn't duck and run for cover when locked onto? Bowcaster is just a favorite of mine and also can be effective from longer ranges... also good for the poor, unsuspecting person rounding the corner. You can see why I discard scout trait - it does me no good when I am firing constantly so might as well have the chance for pickups after kills!