PDA

View Full Version : R6:Siege - tips and tricks

GRRowl74
02-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Yes. I do know there are a hundred and silly other places and videos with exactly this kind of info. But I ask you to share yours here, with us. What's your best R6:S tip? Don't want no hack, bug/glitch trick, just plain old "this'll help you be better at this game."

Some small things I've picked up along the way, playing the odd TH round here and there (and some alarmingly few pvp-matches):

Thatchers EMPs also takes out bombers bombs. I love that little brit.

Thermites charges break reinforced walls. Don't use them to get through any old barricade, that's just wrong.

Jaegers grenadezinger can only take out two grenades. Make sure you place the thingys well apart, because they'll go for the same grenade if they're too close together.

Don't blow Fuzes cluster on the very first door you find. If the room behind it is empty, well - that's a bummer.

In PVP, train your sights about mid-level off the floor. Players crouch while they move, so that's where you'll get the headshot. In PVE, aim higher. AIs don't crouch when they walk around.

Also, in PVP, find narrow sightlines and stay zoomed in as you creep around corners. In PVE, keep in mind the AIs tend to jump into the doorframe, so aim accordingly. They're slower, but they'll drain your health badly in the time it takes you to move your crosshairs a centimeter up and to the left.

If you hear breathing, and see blue light. First, make sure the neighbours aren't getting arrested, or your fellow MP fell asleep on his mic. Then, make sure your retreat path is clear. Also if you have a teammate in front of you, be ready to back up when he does. Then, let the scuba dude come to you. This guy almost never crouches. He does however have some impressively effective body armour. So again, aim high - but don't forget the recoil. Shoot in bursts if your weapon allows it, if not - try to anyway. As he comes towards you, go for the headshot, or run. Do not - I repeat - do not try to do both at the same time.

Also, team killing is frowned upon. My advice is - don't, and if someone does, then vote to kick'em, don't start doing the same to get even.

Speaking of TK - if you team up real close, make sure not to cross into other peoples lines of fire. They hurt. And try not to kill people who wander into yours. It happens, sure. Best way is to talk to eachother. If the point man is crouching, then yours is the clear line of sight above his head. If he gets up, well - let's just say he won't.

Use your mic. Always. MP's with light sleeping kids and disapproving spouses are exempt from this rule. Only mute eleven year olds from Austria multitasking karaoke with their stereo next to their mic. On this point I may condone a TK. No. But I'd sympathize.

Oh, and revive. Literally - go out of your way to patch up a bleeding teammate, even if he didn't help you. Not asking you to be Jesus, consider it education. Lead by example. And MPs leave no teammate behind, be it mama or papa or otherwise. And if the hostage is down, help it first. Duh! Oh, and try not to revive anyone while someone's shooting at you. Risky business.

That's some of mine, now let's hear some of yours! Btw - I do need to improve my aim, so any exercises or tips will be appreciated. Taunts will be endured, and in time paid back.

Grrowl out.

Major Stains
02-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Superb Intel thanks, spot on.
I can't think of much advice on the field, but I would advise a bit of forward planning for in between matches.
Time is of the essence so multi tasking is key.
Do NOT bail on your squad if you die early, ALWAYS hit the CCTV or the drones. Target the enemy to help survivors locate their position, if on mic give tips as a third eye.
Once the match has ended, you have a choice. Hit the kettle or grab a coldie but DO NOT think you have time to go to the toilet (that is in the next break). Rush back with your beverage of choice or whilst the kettle boils.
The biggest Rookie error I see is squad mates thinking they can achieve the 'double' in one break, but that will invariably lead to being left with the Recruit Operator - classic schoolboy mistake!
In the next break, go straight to the toilet. Unless you made a hot drink that needs to brew, if so a stop watch with alarm may be useful at this point. To save time on the toilet trip you may opt to play with no trousers on or move the console into the loo, these options are considered socially unacceptable in some countries so practise caution. Some savvy parents may prefer to utilise any nappies/ diaper option if they are to hand, for that mammoth weekend session.
Flushing/ washing hands are down to preference and moral hygiene.
Quickly grab some snacks and head to the console quick.
Now time is certainly up, pick any operator. Don't think just do it. That could be the difference between getting a Recruit, or a fully paid up member of the badass club.

Hope these tips help. They made be employed for a number of different titles.

And don't forget, if you made a nice hot drink. You must only drink it after playing at least three matches, so it has gone ice cold. And at that stage you should be needing another piss, so you can fix yourself another one!

See you on the Battlefield you nappy wearing man-babies.

Bravo6
03-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Major Stains let me introduce our Homework. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFFVlVuvB4Q&list=PLL_TDflRUrF0D_te-31BokFNtPoIj5V8I&index=8

Bravo6
06-04-2016, 07:14 AM
Attacker Spawns - 1:53
Camera Locations - 10:14
Trap Door Locations - 13:30
General Walkthrough - 17:22
Partial Breaches - 36:19
Defender Spawns - 39:05
Drone Spots - 59:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PfldmjNqKE

GRRowl74
07-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Ok, so I learned a lot from this one. Might just improve my game too. Key words "peeking advantage" "perspective" and "pre-fire"

http://youtu.be/GkCWEWwARAg

ChordNerve
09-28-2016, 05:31 AM
http://youtu.be/g-sguMGqC34

GRRowl74
09-28-2016, 06:17 AM
VIDEO: R6:Siege - Aiming and Positioning Tips

I'm gonna save this, and memorize it. Don't tell anyone though, in case it doesn't work. ;)

DeadChaos
09-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Don't blow Fuzes cluster on the very first door you find. If the room behind it is empty, well - that's a bummer.

and don't blow the cluster in the room with the hostage...or the room your squad is roaming.

Major Stains
09-28-2016, 02:05 PM
and don't blow the cluster in the room with the hostage...or the room your squad is roaming.

Now what kind of assclown would do a thing like that? :eyebrows:

DeadChaos
09-29-2016, 04:28 AM
Now what kind of assclown would do a thing like that? :eyebrows:

:lol (2): Luckily we don't have any of them on this forum.

GRRowl74
09-29-2016, 08:35 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/4c42fdd55694076860d378f42d6a7de2.png
A little tip/trick regarding that particular can of death rain - Fuze's cluster bomb makes a distinctive sound when placed, before that potato gun sound it makes when it's fired. If you're wearing a headset - and it's plugged in - to your controller - and your squadmates refrain from singing, belching or making their regular kind of racket - you will be able to hear it in time to get the hell out. Unless you've boxed yourself in in a broom closet behind a Castle door, in which case you're dead.

DeadChaos
09-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Quite handy for destroying enemy equipment as well when you don't get the kill....atleast I made some contribution.

Phamcis
09-29-2016, 12:50 PM
This guy makes a lot of good videos for R6 and keeps up to date.

https://www.youtube.com/user/iceycat25

This guy Teo is from a cold windy place in Europe, do not remember where (he says were he lives a few times) but his R6 videos are really funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3AxfQLqZg

GRRowl74
09-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Teo's swedish, I think. Heard him swear a few times, he slips into his native tongue when he gets frustrated :) He's great - does a lot of gaming videos, not just R6.

If you're looking for good youtubers you should check out Macie Jay as well.

Also, IceyCat is great if you're interested in news and indepth looks at games, R6 in particular.

GRRowl74
01-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Just gotta brag about this latest discovery - you know how drones flash this red led line when they're active? Makes them stand out like Kermit the frog at a White Party(that's a real thing btw)

Does it have to be this way? - he asks in his best infomercial voice. Well, maybe not all the time. Let me direct your attention to the picture below. By chance I've here discovered that the shiny marble wall in the Bank lobby is clear enough to mirror the whole thing. A defending enemy trying to camp in the lobby would have a hard time spotting this!

Question now is - are there more such surfaces somewhere in this game? Please contribute. Oh, and btw - this reflection is in fact much better in game.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/10f603b8b4aa20f2d9b51adaa8b4bb10.jpg

tthfry
01-09-2017, 12:44 PM
The kitchen walls in Cafe Dostorjevski are equally reflective. Not sure if it's any good though. I believe the freezer room in Club House and the kitchen in Boat too have reflective walls, but I'm not 100%. Gonna see if I can take some sweet screenshots when I get a chance.

Major Stains
01-09-2017, 04:26 PM
How about that dazzling white smile of yours Iceman? That would refect anything... :becky:

GRRowl74
01-09-2017, 05:38 PM
How about that dazzling white smile of yours Iceman? That would refect anything... :becky:

http://youtu.be/dTo8GGlvg1Y

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GRRowl74
01-16-2017, 12:31 PM
So what's the deal with sensitivity?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170116/09e6132c309eedbb7b9fdafb0cd508ff.jpgI've been trying to adjust a bit, and first I tried to up my game a bit - increasing with 10 on the default settings. Felt a bit seasick at first, but seemed to go a bit faster on the spinarounds, which I thought was a good thing.

But, on my googling endevours I have come across quite a few postings where quality players go the other way, setting their sensitivity as far down as 5! Granted, Siege isn't about speed, but turning at 5 is like watching Tony Turtle do a 180 at top speed. It ain't fast. You want Tony Hawk for that shit.

Also mucked about with remapping controls for a while. Interesting to switch aim and fire to L1/R1. Seem to fire a bit faster, although I fear I've been playing the game for too long with the default settings - had to go back after embarrasing myself by tossing flashbangs and yanking out gadgets instead of shooting.

The one tip I have been trying out with some success is the warm up. Done a few run throughs on situations #1 at Hereford Base on hard, going for one shot headshots either with gun or pistol, moving at pace. One thing though, if you want to get better at aiming - you HAVE to turn off aim assist in Terrorist Hunt. Because in multiplayer there is no aim assist - which means all the time you've been clocking in picking off terrorists isn't worth much as aiming practice. Maybe this is common knowledge, but I only just realized it

Anyway, just wondered if any of you guys have some thoughts on this? Sensitivity in particular.

DeadChaos
01-17-2017, 04:26 AM
Also mucked about with remapping controls for a while. Interesting to switch aim and fire to L1/R1. Seem to fire a bit faster, although I fear I've been playing the game for too long with the default settings - had to go back after embarrasing myself by tossing flashbangs and yanking out gadgets instead of shooting.

I've played shooters since PS1 with R1/L1, there is just no other way for me, I can not play FPS firing/aiming with R2/L2. Very disappointed that most games do not give you the option to swap them out anymore since that was the standard buttons for a long time. Luckily PS4 enables button customization but I already fear the day when Sony will just drop this feature from next gen for no reason.

I've not tried adjusting sensitivity yet.

GRRowl74
01-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Yep, the remapping in ps4 is a welcome rescue from games like R6 which denies you the possibility even. Always found the L3/R3 "buttons" too untrustworthy for any important actions - which kind of explains why I get so few melee kills.

tthfry
01-17-2017, 02:42 PM
I feel you GRRowl. In fact I recently bought the nacon Revolution because I had a voucher lying around. Put L3 and R3 on the back buttons and they work really sweet. Also for leaning. It's nice when leaning to one side doesn't end up in suddenly aiming the other way... Haven't been playing multiplayer since, though.

Phamcis
01-17-2017, 06:10 PM
tthfry- What do you think about the Nacon controller? I prefer the way the left stick is set up for games like R6. Thanks!

GRRowl74
01-18-2017, 12:43 AM
I'm so used to the original controller by now, that I fear any new one will be gathering dust on a shelf before long. But I do like the idea of a few more real buttons to spread the functions on. Would you say the Nacon is worth the cost?

HeadsWilSned
01-18-2017, 02:28 AM
I really want to make it a priority to get in on this game more - I don't play online with anyone I don't know, the community is very very unforgiving! Some real assholes out there.
So if any of you out there would like to take the time (you must have patients) I can promise you the time spent on me will pay off in the end - I'm not exactly worthless, but this game really freaks me out and then I get twitchy (some of you already know)

So here it is, no one has to reply here, if I get an invite I will assume you've read and accept, if I never get an invite, sure my feelings will be hurt but not as much as if you posted it here :baby:

GRRowl74
01-18-2017, 02:43 AM
So if any of you out there would like to take the time (

Heads, my man! You are missed! Sure I'll play with you any time! Like I keep saying - the more people on a squad, the more fun :) Skills are not that important, R6 is a game where different skills and approaches are rewarded based on player smarts. That means you don't have to be Wild Bill gunslinger with lightning reflexes to get wins or kills. If you communicate with your teammates, go slow and patiently - you will master this game.

And as I recall, you did alright when we played together last :) In fact, it was me who almost TK'd you on tactical realism playing costum MP vs MP. Been playing this game for over a year, still mess it up on a semi regular basis.

If you see me on, join the party! If I'm not in a party that usually means I'm playing alone, in which case send me an invite to a party or a game. Unless I'm in ranked, I'll gladly leave a solo game to join you.

Also, if you post in MP Squad community or chatroom when you know you'll be on, or just send me a message.

tthfry
01-18-2017, 04:03 AM
Phamcis, GRRowl, I saved 30 bucks thanks to that voucher so for me it's totally worth it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought it for the full price.

I actually prefer the xbox-esque layout of the analog sticks but as GRRowl said, even I was already pretty used to the DS4 controller. The first few rounds I hit the void a couple of times trying to throw out a drone. Funny what muscle memory can do to you. Didn't take me too long to get used to the different layout though.

I only played a few rounds of Terrorist Hunt so far and I have since tweaked the in-game settings as well. I am doing better with the nacon, but then again, maybe the in-game tweaks would have done the same with the DS4. I'm still getting used to it, but so far I like it. It's not my go-to controller for other games though, so I'm still using the DS4 a lot.

The software is a bit uncomfortable for me, because I use a Mac at home. So to configure the controller I have to boot into bootcamp. The software itself is pretty intuitive, although it took me some time to realize how to switch between the different profiles. You can set up the deadzones of the sticks and triggers, switch any button to another button (even if the PS shouldn't let you in the future) and you can manipulate the sensitivity zones of the sticks. My right stick now has like 70% low sensitivity, 25% medium and 5% high. Works well for me so far. I haven't heard of any useful macros for R6, except maybe full auto for single fire guns, so I set the 4 rear buttons to L3, R3, D-Pad left (makes it easier to ping in R6) and at the moment D-Pad down (probably going to change that to right or something else).

I'm new to shooters on consoles so don't take my opinion as a pro gamer's. It's the first aftermarket controller with the xbox-esque layout that I found was worth having, although it is cabled. Had there been another one that's wireless (without a hassle) I probably would have bought that one. There are other cabled options, but they don't really give you any advantage (and look shabby).

Give me some time with the thing if you need a more in-depth review.

turnup
01-22-2017, 07:14 PM
I just started playing this game and i need some help. Multiplayer was difficult today - I died a lot. My tag is TurnupMedal9275 if anyone is willing to help me get better. Thanks in advance!

GRRowl74
01-23-2017, 02:56 AM
I just started playing this game and i need some help. Multiplayer was difficult today - I died a lot. My tag is TurnupMedal9275 if anyone is willing to help me get better. Thanks in advance!

You're on Xbox, turnup? I'm on ps4, so I can't help you in game, but I'll be happy to help you as much as I can with tips and tricks.

A lot of MPs have the game, and we're quite a few who play it regularly. Family situations being what they are, and time zones getting in the way - we don't get to be awesome at this game, but we have fun.

Multiplayer is the best part of this game, but it's best when you play together 2-5 players on mic. Playing alone with randoms, specially on casual, you'll meet some real a-holes now and again. Don't try to get even with some teamkilling bastard, just report him, kickvote him or just find another match. It's not worth it, and to wind you up is just what these numbnuts want. Don't give them the satisfaction.

If you wanna get better at multiplayer, my first tip is to spend some time on Situations and Terrorist Hunt. Make sure you go to options-controls and turn off aim assist. Aim assist is only in TH, not in multiplayer - so you'll need to turn it off to get better at manual aim.

Try to move slow, and be observant on your surroundings. Always play multiplayer with a headset, so you'll be able to hear where your enemies are approaching from and what they are doing. On defense, you'll be able to hear Fuze place his cluster charge, giving you time to run clear, or just shoot it out. Same with breach charges. Big tip for defense is not to box yourself in a small room with no exits. Makes you an easy target, both for grenades and good shots.

A general tip is to try to learn the maps bit by bit. After a while you'll know which are the objective rooms for each game mode in each map. Try to remember where the cameras are on defense, so you can shoot and disable them on attack.

Try out different operators. Do you have a season pass? If you do, you have access to all operators, if not you will have to unlock them with renown earned through playing the game.

People have different opinions as to who are the best operators, but no doubt there are some key abilities that every team needs - like being able to breach a reinforced wall on attack, or being able to defend against breaching on defense.

This means - to me at least - that operators like Thermite/Hibana and Mute/Bandit are important. When I started out I played Rook a lot on defense. He's a bit slow, but has good armor, and provides extra armor for his teammates - which is always popular.

Many players like to roam, looking for enemies solo, trying to get as many kills as possible. This is a high risk endevour and should be reserved for players with great skill and nerve, which excludes yours truly, btw.

Like in BF(if you've played it) you need to play the objective - so if you're out roaming and your teammates get overrun in the objective room, or if noone is guarding the hostage - then the game is lost before you can get back to the action.

Don't do peeking contests. If you know an enemy has seen you, and is aiming in your direction, try to find another angle to return fire. Don't peek again hoping to kill him before he kills you, chances are you'll stick your head right into his crosshairs.

Don't sit back and relax if you get killed. Stay on cams if on defense, and call out enemies positions for your teammates. You can mark using triangle, but this will alert the enemy there's a camera or drone, and they will eventually destroy it. To be a good team player (better than me), try to learn the names of the different rooms, or use objects or colors to identify the room in question, and try to use directions off the compass on your HUD rather than left/right.

Try to keep your callouts short and precise, as your teammates need to hear the sounds from the game as well. After a while you'll get better at helping your teammates even when you're dead - which will make you a valued player, and when playing with randoms - no doubt a lot of friend requests will come your way.

Playing solo you'll find a lot of players don't use mic. If you still start talking, a lot of them will join in, making the game a lot more fun, and upping your chances to win considerably.
Also, if there are no cameras left - stay on your teammates shoulder, help him out if you notice things he doesn't - and watch what he's doing to pick up some tricks.

I recommend reading this thread back, watching a few videos and just plain playing the game. Keep visiting the forum, share your war stories, and we'll help each other get better and share in the fun. If you want, you can check out my channel on youtube, Mr GRRowl74. Mostly you'll learn what NOT to do, but maybe you'll see some progress there, and if nothing else see how fun this game can be when playing together.

Make sure you add all xbox players from the active list, so that you have a lot of options for teammates. If they're anything like us ps4 players, they will welcome another teammate, regardless of skill, as long as you're talking and listening.

Well - as always I wrote a paper while meaning to write a note - but hopefully some of it is useful to you. Good luck out there :)

Major Stains
01-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Stick at it turnup, as finding a few friends to play with takes it from the amazing game it is and elevates it to a game of pure adrenalin filled hilarity.

I usually get my R6 fix on the PS4, but I still see plenty of MPs playing it regularly on the X1. As GRRowl said, make sure you have added all the MPs on the Active Players Lists (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?11280-R6-Siege-Active-Players-Lists), as it is unlikely they will check the list and add you. Just add a short note to say you are new to Team MP and would like some help squading up.

I've only played on R6 on the X1 with a few members, namely TexLandShark, donhardone, TheFreak75 and JockoPablo I think.
So I haven't managed to open up many operators etc.
Other MPs I see playing regularly are AI BLUEFOX, FlyRockDUCK, A Daft Bullet, Prion PR, Weasel2248, peppyhare64, Sloe Poak, ProfUnderDog, BLisS 330, xxMATTYxx SUB to name a few.

I'd say, best bet is to start with those guys. Then add the rest of the X1 members when you get a chance. Add yourself to the Team MP Club either through your X1 or the App. And you should be set.

Feel free to try to start up R6:S X1 game nights either here in the forums or on the X1 Club. There is a core of members playing it, you just need to find which shadows they are hiding in.

Good luck, hopefully something will turnup :drum: (geddit?)

Major Stains
01-23-2017, 03:03 PM
I sent this advice sheet to Ubisoft HQ and they ran the numbers on my account. The results show that your expert tips are yet to rub off on me GRRowl!!!

You're on Xbox, turnup? I'm on ps4, so I can't help you in game, but I'll be happy to help you as much as I can with tips and tricks.

A lot of MPs have the game, and we're quite a few who play it regularly. Family situations being what they are, and time zones getting in the way - we don't get to be awesome at this game, but we have fun.

Multiplayer is the best part of this game, but it's best when you play together 2-5 players on mic. Playing alone with randoms, specially on casual, you'll meet some real a-holes now and again. Don't try to get even with some teamkilling bastard *FAILED*, just report him, kickvote him or just find another match. It's not worth it, and to wind you up is just what these numbnuts want. Don't give them the satisfaction.

If you wanna get better at multiplayer, my first tip is to spend some time on Situations and Terrorist Hunt. Make sure you go to options-controls and turn off aim assist. Aim assist is only in TH, not in multiplayer - so you'll need to turn it off to get better at manual aim.

Try to move slow, and be observant on your surroundings *FAILED*. Always play multiplayer with a headset, so you'll be able to hear where your enemies are approaching from and what they are doing. On defense, you'll be able to hear Fuze place his cluster charge, giving you time to run clear, or just shoot it out. Same with breach charges. Big tip for defense is not to box yourself in a small room with no exits. Makes you an easy target, both for grenades and good shots. *FAILED*

A general tip is to try to learn the maps bit by bit *FAILED*. After a while you'll know which are the objective rooms for each game mode in each map. Try to remember where the cameras are on defense, so you can shoot and disable them on attack. *FAILED*

Try out different operators. *FAILED* Do you have a season pass? If you do, you have access to all operators, if not you will have to unlock them with renown earned through playing the game.

People have different opinions as to who are the best operators, but no doubt there are some key abilities that every team needs - like being able to breach a reinforced wall on attack, or being able to defend against breaching on defense.

This means - to me at least - that operators like Thermite/Hibana and Mute/Bandit are important. When I started out I played Rook a lot on defense. He's a bit slow, but has good armor, and provides extra armor for his teammates - which is always popular.

Many players like to roam, looking for enemies solo, trying to get as many kills as possible. This is a high risk endevour and should be reserved for players with great skill and nerve, which excludes yours truly, btw.

Like in BF(if you've played it) you need to play the objective *FAILED* - so if you're out roaming and your teammates get overrun in the objective room, or if noone is guarding the hostage - then the game is lost before you can get back to the action.

Don't do peeking contests *FAILED*. If you know an enemy has seen you, and is aiming in your direction, try to find another angle to return fire. Don't peek again hoping to kill him before he kills you, chances are you'll stick your head right into his crosshairs.

Don't sit back and relax if you get killed *FAILED*. Stay on cams if on defense, and call out enemies positions for your teammates. You can mark using triangle, but this will alert the enemy there's a camera or drone, and they will eventually destroy it. To be a good team player *FAILED* (better than me), try to learn the names of the different rooms, or use objects or colors to identify the room in question, and try to use directions off the compass on your HUD rather than left/right.

Try to keep your callouts short and precise *FAILED*, as your teammates need to hear the sounds from the game as well. After a while you'll get better at helping your teammates even when you're dead - which will make you a valued player, and when playing with randoms - no doubt a lot of friend requests will come your way.

Playing solo you'll find a lot of players don't use mic. If you still start talking, a lot of them will join in, making the game a lot more fun, and upping your chances to win considerably.
Also, if there are no cameras left - stay on your teammates shoulder, help him out if you notice things he doesn't - and watch what he's doing to pick up some tricks.

I recommend reading this thread back, watching a few videos and just plain playing the game. Keep visiting the forum, share your war stories, and we'll help each other get better and share in the fun. If you want, you can check out my channel on youtube, Mr GRRowl74. Mostly you'll learn what NOT to do, but maybe you'll see some progress there, and if nothing else see how fun this game can be when playing together.

Make sure you add all xbox players from the active list, so that you have a lot of options for teammates. If they're anything like us ps4 players, they will welcome another teammate, regardless of skill, as long as you're talking and listening.

Well - as always I wrote a paper while meaning to write a note - but hopefully some of it is useful to you. Good luck out there :)

GRRowl74
01-23-2017, 04:15 PM
I sent this advice sheet to Ubisoft HQ and they ran the numbers on my account. The results show that your expert tips are yet to rub off on me GRRowl!!!

And me, Major. You know what they say: those who can - do, those who can't - teach. ;)

AK-Muhly7
01-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Anyone that is on ps4 feel free to send me a message that you want to play. I'm usually on at night/East Coast time U.S. I have not played with some of you in a min (mostly because of time differences). If there is any advice for people starting to play the game to improve is....

1. Map knowledge
Do custom games and terrorist hunt to get a feel for rooms and markers so that you can call out to the team. This also gives you the opportunity test operators/attachments/gadgets and so on.

2. Experiment in causal
Take what you have learned solo and apply it in a multiplayer setting. You will find out what works and what does not along with observations of what other teammates and the opposition do. Watch kills cams. Watch others play. Pay attention to how they set up the room/gadgets etc. How do they approach rooms? What angles are they holding? Make sense of the call outs etc etc.

3. What operators should I pick?
When I first started I picked more passive and support players. Rook/Mute and Thatcher/Thermite for examples. This way you can kind of play more of the rooms and or support the more aggressive players. This is a great way to figure out each operators role and how other teammates play with other characters. You will also find out what type of player you are. Are you more aggressive or are you more of a support and room type player? Can you be both?

For me personally I set a goal to be more versatile player. I don't want to just be Ash and Jaegar (Who are aggressive type operators). I would rather be able to play anyone and with anyone so I can fit the needs of my team.

4. Sensitivity Settings
There is no correct answer to this. It is up to the player to find what works best.

ADS: How quickly you reticle moves aiming down site. Recommended settings: 40-50

Deadzone: The sensitivity of your right and left sticks. The lower you go the less pressure is needed on the sticks to make your player move/aim/make adjustments. Recommended settings: 5-10

Horizontal/Vertical: How fast your player turns around/side to side or up and down. I would up them from the default settings. Play with it in terrorist hunt. Turn around/run around see whats manageable for you.

Its all just setting you have to mess around with for a while.

5. Outside sources
Plenty of YouTube videos out there with tips, tricks, map layouts, strategies and so on. A simple search of almost anything on siege. It is out there. Can always ask us or check out the official Reddit page for this game. Lots of good information out there.

6. Ranked
When you feel confident enough to play more competitively, get with some mps, friends, or a group and jump in. Do not really on randos or you are gonna have a baddddd timeeeee mmmm kkk? Also what works in causal does not always move over into ranked. Its trial and error my friend. You will face some sweaty tryhard I want mommy and daddy to notice me teams. Just adjust. learn. Have fun with it.

7. Communication
The most important part of this game is communicating with your teammates. Call outs/Watching cams/Calling out where they enemy is/Where you are/ etc etc is key to victory! Talk with people! Even if you are dead there are plenty of ways to help the team. Its not all about kills.

Experiment with it and have fun. Hope this helps

Fuze them hostages. :ar15:

turnup
01-23-2017, 07:48 PM
That's really helpful. I'm going to do all of those things including checking our your youtube channel. Thanks very much.

GRRowl74
01-24-2017, 12:33 AM
One last thing: You will mess up sometimes. We all do, playing with MPs and other friends that's just part of the fun. But there will be some randoms who will scold you for it, especially if you accidentally TK someone, or you're the last surviving player in a round and the pressure of four teammates looking over your shoulders get the best of you. Don't let it spoil your fun. A decent comeback is of course: if you're so great, why aren't you be the one who's alive at the end of the round?

I've played this game for more than a year, and I still mess up at least once or twice every night. I get too eager and forget to play smart. I die a lot. Less now, but still. In my defense, I don't get to play often or long, due to family life with two teens and a toddler. Anyway, my point is simply - don't let a few mistakes ruin the game for you :)

AK-Muhly7
01-27-2017, 03:47 PM
I would like to add to my list of tips.

Drones: I see so may people just waste their drones on prep phase. Everyone should be checking different rooms to find objectives. Most of the time in ranked you already know what room they are going to pick so have one or two people find it and everyone else put them in places where roamers might be or in rooms you will breach.

Use that drone to clear rooms before entering and or locate roamers for fellow teammates. Having two drones helps so much when you need it. So save em! Also use them to help yourself! Dead teammates can watch your back, hallways, and flanks from the other team.

If you are twitch...don't be that guy twitching people to death on prep phase...waste of time. Get cameras, gadgets, etc so you can contribute. Try and hide/save it. Twitch drones can be used aggressively post prep phase with a buddy to flush people out of corners, windows, and hard peaks if needed. A lot of time teams might not put gadgets down until the prep phase is over.

You also do not have to hold triangle (or whatever other key you use) to spot the enemy. You simple just have to look at them (3 armors take longer to spot) and it reveals their player. This way you can just spot and get out. I only use marker to spot people for kills or to flush them out of a place.

Lastly...stop spotting on peoples drones unless its needed. =)

:ar15:

GRRowl74
01-28-2017, 03:33 AM
Excellent point, Ak, drones are valuable, and should not be wasted. Example - usually you can hear the Mute transmitter even from two stories below or above - then why rush up the stairs just to get stuck in it? Strangest thing I see is when I catch like three or four drones in that same scrambler. I mean, it's not like a freeway pile up, drones are not that fast. Stop. Just go somewhere else, usually there are at least three or four ways to the objective room, chances are Mute didn't mute them all.

I think the problem is - at least when you're playing with randoms - the competition is on for points, it seems. And while it can be fun to rally around in the objective room trying to piss off one or more enemies, eventually it ends with your drone getting murdered. My next project is to get better at finding awesome drone positions and how to get there fast.

Phamcis
01-28-2017, 11:50 AM
turnup, I am not the best player, mediocre and lucky at times but if you add me: PHAMCIS (PSN), I'd be glad to jump in whenever. Edit- I now noticed you are on xbox. Like GRRowl74 said, look through this thread. On youtube a guy named iceycat25 has a lot og good videos of camera locations, map layout, and descriptions of all the operators.

Insan1ty79
06-25-2017, 12:19 PM
I have this game on ps4... That game i die everytime barely kill in pvp.. That game depend on sound where i cannot hear. That why i always do terrorist hunt ... PvP. Tooo hard for me cause they depend on hear surround sound and i die very easy... Im more like easy target

I try read tips and tricks ... Still get me... My nephews help me play they watch my back... Tricks and tips is hard

Major Stains
06-25-2017, 12:50 PM
I have this game on ps4... That game i die everytime barely kill in pvp.. That game depend on sound where i cannot hear. That why i always do terrorist hunt ... PvP. Tooo hard for me cause they depend on hear surround sound and i die very easy... Im more like easy target

I try read tips and tricks ... Still get me... My nephews help me play they watch my back... Tricks and tips is hard

Good to see you Insanity, thanks for posting.
It is such an incredibly hard game to master, and I can't imagine how hard it would be when you can't hear the in game sounds.
There is a great little group of guys that play on the PS4 most nights. Make sure you have added them from the Active Players lists.
They are all very tolerant of my obvious lack of skills but we all have fun and everyone can provide some sort of help during the course of the evening, even if it is the easy 'booby trap' kill like I enjoy.
Hope to see you out there soon.

DeadChaos
06-25-2017, 01:15 PM
'booby trap'

You are indeed the master of this, "Major Kapkan Stains"

Insanity, don't give up on this game, takes a load of practice but things will be easier on you playing with MP's. I gave up several times on it but now glad I did not.

Insan1ty79
06-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Im not giving up... It just so confusing.. That obviously i just play this month.. My nephew bought this game for me so i can play w them..

You are indeed the master of this, "Major Kapkan Stains"

Insanity, don't give up on this game, takes a load of practice but things will be easier on you playing with MP's. I gave up several times on it but now glad I did not.

Major Stains
06-25-2017, 01:28 PM
I gave up several times on it but now glad I did not.

I'm not :bolt::biggrin1:

And the Mrs is getting sick and tired of me practising my booby trap placement in the garden...

http://i63.tinypic.com/a17n03.jpg

DeadChaos
06-26-2017, 04:00 AM
lol, take a video when you start practising breaching the bedroom window with your Sledge mask and hammer.

GRRowl74
07-05-2017, 03:27 AM
Dunno if this should be regarded as an exploit of a flaw in the game design or a useful trick for bomb defense, what's your take on it?

Seems when you destroy floors in objective room (not hatches - just revealing beams) then attackers can't plant there, forcing them further into the room, where defenders can get the drop on them. Fair? If it is indeed an intended effect, we should try it, and be aware of it when attacking. As you'll see in the video, several attackers getting slaughtered trying - in vain - to plant on the beams.

http://youtu.be/W_X397fuBhI

(What's up with the video share btw, won't embed all of a sudden?)

GRRowl74
07-05-2017, 04:13 AM
Im not giving up... It just so confusing.. That obviously i just play this month.. My nephew bought this game for me so i can play w them..

Keep at it, insan1ty, you're doing great compared to me when I was starting out. And you're deaf, which makes the game so much harder with regards to knowing where the enemy is. So hat's off to you :)

One tip I'm not very good at myself yet, is map knowledge. Check out R6 maps (http://www.r6maps.com) or the app "R6:S Tactics" for great interactive maps with objectives, entry points, hatches, camera positions and everything else marked in. Study them over a coffee now and again, and I'll bet you your game will improve. Just knowing which window leads to where is a great advantage, one which players who have been playing this game from the get-go still don't fully have - like me, or at all, like Stains ;)

Also, try to remember how you and others play on attack/defense and use it when you play reverse roles. If you find yourself always sitting in a particular corner of the objective room on defense, that's where you should be aiming(and firing) when breaching the room on attack.

And another thing I'm not good at: droning. Platinum players drone - a lot. It's a life saver, and if your teammates already have marked the objective, there's no sense in driving your drone in just to get it destroyed. Find a nice spot in a corridor or room where you'd like to enter, and use it again later. You can even drive it back outside and pick it up. When you're the last attacker left, your dead teammates can give you lots of intel on enemy positions if you have a drone or two left.

DeadChaos
07-05-2017, 04:31 AM
Dunno if this should be regarded as an exploit of a flaw in the game design or a useful trick for bomb defense, what's your take on it?

Seems when you destroy floors in objective room (not hatches - just revealing beams) then attackers can't plant there, forcing them further into the room, where defenders can get the drop on them. Fair? If it is indeed an intended effect, we should try it, and be aware of it when attacking. As you'll see in the video, several attackers getting slaughtered trying - in vain - to plant on the beams.

http://youtu.be/W_X397fuBhI

(What's up with the video share btw, won't embed all of a sudden?)

In my opinion this is a cheap tactic which I class the same as "enemy detected outside" to spawn kill. It's all good you can shoot up the floor but not being able to plant the defuser is crap. It's stuff like this, team killing and attacker spawn killing that makes me turn the game off. Luckily I have not encountered it yet but I'm sure after this YouTube video it will be more common.

Grrowl, if you intend on doing this please warn me before you blow my feet off.

GRRowl74
07-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Grrowl, if you intend on doing this please warn me before you blow my feet off.

Now, where's the fun in that? [emoji6]

Anyway, I'm no fan of exploits either. But if they're not going to fix it, I might suggest to do it at covered entry points like on Kanal in Control room, or just below windows and such. I've asked about it on Twitter, so I'll wait to see if they respond. If there's a pending fix, I'll leave it alone.

tthfry
07-05-2017, 08:06 AM
I've just today seen another one that seems "real". On Plane you can place a shield just outside of the outside door by Meeting. So, inside the actual plane door. The doorway is warped inside a bit, so you can't vault over the shield from either direction. Thus either Hibana or Ash has to waste a shot for destroying the thing, or the attackers have to re-route.

DeadChaos
07-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Seriously, these guys must have a lot of time on their hands going through all the maps finding exploits. Maybe spend the time getting better at the game, just saying......

Jumped in with Danny and Stains last night and the team killing on the opponents side was something to behold, lol, easy wins for us......that is until we went to ranked! But I was rubbish doing some dumb shit again, told you, this game kills me when tired.

GRRowl74
07-05-2017, 11:07 AM
told you, this game kills me when tired.
I know, right? We should schedule a morning session.

Major Stains
07-05-2017, 04:31 PM
I finally ranked on the Euro servers last night!

My colour is similar to this which must mean things can only go up from here.
GRRowl, you need to come back to boost me up to the heady heights of Bronze III!

GRRowl74
07-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Oh, Major - you know you look good in any color [emoji1]

tthfry
07-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Oh, Major - you know you look good in any color [emoji1]

Awww, if that ain't guy love then what is? 😜

Major Stains
07-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Awww, if that ain't guy love then what is? ��

https://media.giphy.com/media/MRAfDHOxmXLVe/giphy.gif

tthfry
07-06-2017, 07:04 PM
http://youtu.be/-7hjdC8-jbw

OK, and now back to topic... :p

DeadChaos
07-07-2017, 03:48 AM

Thanks for putting that mental picture of Grrowl and Stains in my head!!

Major Stains
07-07-2017, 04:11 AM

Hilarious. If Southtown was here, he'd tell us "it's not gay as long as your balls don't touch!" :bolt: (Dirty Mexicans) :becky:

:ban:

GRRowl74
07-07-2017, 04:34 AM
Hilarious. If Southtown was here, he'd tell us "it's not gay as long as your balls don't touch!" :bolt: (Dirty Mexicans) :becky:

:ban:

Speaking of mental pictures, I'll spend the rest of the day trying to get rid of that one, thanks.

Scrubs is great, though.

GRRowl74
07-09-2017, 02:39 AM
Love this one, totally self help book style, like "how to earn your first million dollars", but still - there something to some of this, at least related to "how to enjoy this game to the fullest". Particularly like the focus on complementing your teammates. I like to think this is an important part of how to get really good at this game, is working together and building your team both strategicly and socially. We got the last part down for sure.

http://youtu.be/dm81PCX-FLY

Incidentally, this guy AmperCamper has some good videos now and again, so check them out if you like.

DeadChaos
07-10-2017, 03:23 AM
1st tip does not work for me. No matter how may times I inject myself with a god mode killing machine best of the best confidence injection my rank keeps dropping. What has Stains be using lately for confidence??

tthfry
07-10-2017, 03:40 AM
1st tip does not work for me. No matter how may times I inject myself with a god mode killing machine best of the best confidence injection my rank keeps dropping. What has Stains be using lately for confidence??

I bet it wasn't actually the Major playing, but his General. Stains was only using the mic, you know, to fool the rest of us. ;)

GRRowl74
07-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Lol! I started drinking beer.
Same strategy I used when I was seventeen. Works like a charm [emoji6][emoji481]

Major Stains
09-07-2017, 12:48 PM
After several dizzying nights stumbling around the Theme Park with candy floss in one hand and my potato gun/ swiss army knife in the other, I thought it was time to bone up on the map (to give Ela a rest from the boning). When I last checked, the "R6S Tactics" App had not been updated so I took to R6Maps (http://www.r6maps.com/#themepark/3/all) for some screen grabs. Hope they enlarge okay so you guys can use them.

Ground Floor

https://preview.ibb.co/kYfXDa/Ground_Floor.png (https://ibb.co/gvusDa)

1st Floor

https://preview.ibb.co/gbSyKF/1st_Floor.png (https://ibb.co/gOkkzF)

Roof

https://preview.ibb.co/mfn16v/Roof.png (https://ibb.co/nL5XDa)

HeadsWilSned
09-07-2017, 01:34 PM
[emoji15] wow the dedication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GRRowl74
09-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Nice, Major :)