PDA

View Full Version : Are you game for a league in Madden?

TrojanTeacher
02-08-2016, 01:48 AM
Who's game for a Madden league. I'm pretty sure Freak, Retro, Don, and I are in. Any one else?

HardlyCapable13
02-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm in, but wouldn't be able to start until the week of March 20.

Retro
02-08-2016, 12:37 PM
I'll set it up today, just need to know how you want to do team selections?

1. Just pick the team you want

2. Try to keep to only two divisions, one in each conference for maximum pvp and a chance at pvp Super Bowl

donhardeone
02-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Kinda new to the changes this release, does the new drafting thing allow for H2H "season" of sorts?

Retro
02-08-2016, 04:29 PM
So how do you guys want to select teams? I can't create the league until I know.

Are we going to want to have at least 2 people in a division together for more head to head?

If it ends up being 6 of us (likely 4 or 5 to start based on Landshark playing or not and HC eventually joining). We could do a quick head to head tourney.

1st decides one division
2nd decided the second division.

4th gets first team choice
3rd gets second team choice.
2nd then 1st.

Let me know what you want to do.

Retro
02-09-2016, 01:18 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/13NUOwOLq0NJug/giphy.gif

HardlyCapable13
02-09-2016, 09:41 AM
I've been silent because I'll be joining late, but I'm okay with whatever you guys decide. I mean, Retro won the SB with the Rams, I won it with the Titans, and didn't teach win it with a crappy team too?

TrojanTeacher
02-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Personally, pick the two worst teams and give those to the best players. Of course, those two worst teams should be in the same conference for max PvP. The rest of the players should get teams they could build with, not teams that are already good. UNLESS those players are really new or bad at Madden, then they could get better teams (Freak no longer qualifies as new or bad, haha)

BTW, Retro, I like your Tourney idea.

TheFreak75
02-09-2016, 11:02 PM
Whaaaaaat???

HardlyCapable13
02-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Yeah but how do you pick the 2 best players?

JockoPablo
02-10-2016, 09:33 AM
I really stink at Madden but I'll jump in the league if it's still open. If nothing else it will be at least one easy win on your schedule. And I'm a Dolphins fan (sigh), so I can't imagine too many others queuing up to pick them.

Retro
02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Why not just pick two divisions, (AFC East, Jocko is a Miami fan, Freak like the Pats) and an NFC division, I don't care which, and we can decide on the other teams?

This shouldn't be this hard!

HardlyCapable13
02-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Why not just pick two divisions, (AFC East, Jocko is a Miami fan, Freak like the Pats) and an NFC division, I don't care which, and we can decide on the other teams?

This shouldn't be this hard!

Ok I'll take the Vikings. But since I'm coming into the game late no one can make trades with them. I want them as is...

donhardeone
02-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Two best players based off previous seasons are Retro and Teach, with HC a strong 3rd. I'm somewhere near the bottom, so as good of a team as I can get, the better. ;-)

My schedule opens back up a bit after this week. I have a quirky schedule through the second week and March, but I should be able to swing one or two games a week still after this week.

Retro
02-11-2016, 12:13 AM
If we have two in the AFC East, two in the NFC North, then we can put another 2 in another division. Or 3 in each. I don't mind taking the Lions again.

Retro
02-11-2016, 02:31 AM
AFC East:
Patriots - Freak
Dolphins - Jocko
Bills - Teach

NFC North:
Vikings - HC
Packers - Don
Lions - Retro

Rules:

Created coaches only - You must create a new coach when you join the league.

Play football - Use your entire playbook, don't keep running the same play over and over. Don't go for it on 4th down unless it makes sense and is something you'd see on Sunday.

HardlyCapable13
02-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Play football - Use your entire playbook, don't keep running the same play over and over. Don't go for it on 4th down unless it makes sense and is something you'd see on Sunday.

Don't cheat so it kicks both players and doesn't record the game because you're going to lose the Super Bowl... :shocked:

TheFreak75
02-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Don't cheat so it kicks both players and doesn't record the game because you're going to lose the Super Bowl... :shocked:

HAhaha!

JockoPablo
02-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Can we have a mercy rule for those of us who will be down by 35 at halftime? Heh.

Retro
02-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Can we have a mercy rule for those of us who will be down by 35 at halftime? Heh.

You may get a surprise of you think you won't win games.

Retro
02-11-2016, 06:06 PM

And don't run the same cheese plays over and over...:boxing:

TrojanTeacher
02-12-2016, 02:44 AM
I'm in! Picked the J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets! Hate my QB, but maybe I can build him up.

Helmethead1031
02-12-2016, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't mind getting in if its still open. I'm not sure how the league works though. If you can excuse my ignorance, I'm in! [emoji3] And I guess my beloved Dolphins are taken?[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

JockoPablo
02-12-2016, 08:37 AM
You may get a surprise of you think you won't win games.

Ha. You don't understand. I've played Madden 16 all of about 30 minutes. I've played various Maddens in the past going back to Playstation 1, but I always played in Pro mode, not All-Pro. I tried a game in All-Pro last night, and after throwing a pick-6 just minutes into the game I decided I need to go back to the tutorials. :confused:

I've never played any one edition long enough to learn all the advanced controls. I basically spam Sprint and Spin when I'm running. Heh.

The fact that I chose the Dolphins doesn't help either.

That said, after this weekend's double-xp event for Star Wars Battlefront I'm going to start practicing more in hopes of at least being competitive.

donhardeone
02-12-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm in! Picked the J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets! Hate my QB, but maybe I can build him up.

I'm sure you can pick up Mark Sanchez pretty easily through FA/trade.

I've played various Maddens in the past going back to Playstation 1, but I always played in Pro mode, not All-Pro.

If it is like it was for Madden 15 league, Retro adjusts the sliders significantly to make it better. When I play any other aspect of Madden, it is usually Pro. The league though, because of the slider moves, the "difficulty" isn't as applicable. That is assuming he did the same thing this time.

I wouldn't mind getting in if its still open. I'm not sure how the league works though. If you can excuse my ignorance, I'm in!

Retro can shoot you the invite to the league. Basically, we try to pick teams from the same two divisions (one in AFC, one in NFC) so that we increase the likelihood of how often we play each other versus CPU. We advance the league at least once a week (faster if everyone has gotten in their games already), so the only real requirement is to play at least once a week.

Retro
02-12-2016, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't mind getting in if its still open. I'm not sure how the league works though. If you can excuse my ignorance, I'm in! [emoji3] And I guess my beloved Dolphins are taken?[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

I'll shoot you an invite later today when I can get on. Jocko already snagged the Dolphins though. Currently we are trying to use teams from the AFC East and NFC North in order to try and get as many human v human games.

Helmethead1031
02-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Perfect. I'm in. I can choose from NFC North to balance out if needed.

Retro
02-12-2016, 10:46 AM
I have adjusted the slider set this year. Pro/All-pro/All-Madden really makes no difference with the sliders adjusted outside of the kick-meter.

I've been using this slider set for about 5 months and I've found it gives the most realistic and balanced gameplay. Player attributes MATTER.

My tip for guys newer to Madden - Don't play arcade style. Don't use the same play over and over. Don't try to put it in the endzone every play. If you do, you will get killed and it won't be fun. Play to your teams strengths. I currently play in a 32 man league with some very good players and I have to use, the Browns. Games where I have tried to air it out, have turned out very bad. But when I remember to play to the strengths of my players, I tend to do pretty well. When I stay patient, I do better than when I try to force it.

Retro
02-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Perfect. I'm in. I can choose from NFC North to balance out if needed.

The Bears are open in the North, HC has the Vikings, Don has the Packers and I have the Lions. I can give up the Lions (though holy crap do they suck this year!).

Let me know. Bills are the only open AFC East team, they are actually pretty good to use.

Retro
02-12-2016, 10:53 AM
More people who join, the more teams will open up and the more human v human games we get.

JockoPablo
02-12-2016, 12:36 PM
I've been using this slider set for about 5 months and I've found it gives the most realistic and balanced gameplay.

Excellent. Do you have those written down anywhere, and/or are you willing to share them? I'd love to have them.

TrojanTeacher
02-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Retro usually finds the sliders on a website called operationssports.com, I think.

Retro
02-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Excellent. Do you have those written down anywhere, and/or are you willing to share them? I'd love to have them.

From the main Madden menu, go to:

Customize, then Share & Manage Files.

Then click on Download Community Files, then press "Y" to search. Choose search my gamertag, put in mine. You will see two files come up, one is the player slider set and the other is the cpu set.

Download them. Then go to Load & Delete. Load both files and they will become your active set.

Under game settings and game options, select your difficulty (I think All-Pro gives the best balance). Set you quarter length and playclock. I use 10 minute quarters with the playclock at 16 seconds. I have injuries at 62, fatigue at 57 and very important - Player Speed Parity Scale is 0 (this means players with 90+ speeds will not get caught by players with 70 speed!!!).

Retro
02-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Not sure if the penalty sliders can be transferred. If not, I use this;

OFFSIDE - 65
FALSE START - 50
OFF Holding - 50
DEF Holding - 55
FACEMASK - 50
ILL BLOCK IN THE BACK - 50
ROUGHING THE PASSER -50
DEF PASS INTERFERENCE - 55
OFF PASS INTERFERENCE - ON
KICK CATCH INTERFERENCE - ON
INTENTIONAL GROUNDING - ON
ROUGHING THE KICKER - ON
RUNNING INTO THE KICKER - ON

Helmethead1031
02-12-2016, 04:56 PM
I can take the Bills

Retro
02-12-2016, 05:29 PM
I can take the Bills

What's your gamertag?

Helmethead1031
02-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Helmethead1031

TrojanTeacher
02-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Alright, we're starting to fill up. Now, if only they play fifa too.

Retro
02-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Helmethead1031

If you haven't signed into Madden online I can't send an invite. Once you sign in, I'll send the invite over.

Retro
02-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Helmethead1031

Umm, are you on PS4?

Helmethead1031
02-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Ok. Ignore my stupidity. I thought it was a PS4 league. I will pay attention next time. My bad

Retro
02-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Ok. Ignore my stupidity. I thought it was a PS4 league. I will pay attention next time. My bad

Lol I was going through my friends lists, searching and finding nothing. Jumped on my PS4 and there you were.

Helmethead1031
02-12-2016, 06:36 PM
I was answering the thread from my phone and never noticed it was an Xbone thread. Lol

CELockwood
02-13-2016, 07:55 AM
Alright, I haven't played Madden in several years, but this is sounding fun.

Any chance I can still get in?

Retro
02-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Of course you can still get in.

CELockwood
02-13-2016, 10:32 AM
What version?

donhardeone
02-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Madden 2016

JockoPablo
02-13-2016, 12:30 PM
BTW: Most already know this, but Madden 16 is now in the EA Access Vault. So if you don't have 16 yet but would like to join the league, now's a good time to join EA Access.

CELockwood
02-13-2016, 12:42 PM
I'll check that out this evening.

TrojanTeacher
02-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Awesome, Lockwood!

Retro
02-13-2016, 04:10 PM
Let me know when you've gotten it and signed in, I'll send you an invite.

Take the Bears or the Bills (preferably the Bear so we have 3 in each division).

CELockwood
02-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Got it. Bears it is.

Retro
02-13-2016, 09:37 PM
How would everyone like to work advances?

Twice per week, three times per week?

CELockwood
02-14-2016, 12:33 AM
Jocko, Thx for that. I'll get my $30 out of this one game alone.

TrojanTeacher
02-14-2016, 05:47 PM
@Retro: Advancing the Pre-Season every 48 hours is great. After that, Monday and Friday advancing.

CELockwood
02-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Agree with this too.

JockoPablo
02-14-2016, 08:54 PM
I played my first preseason game and it went pretty much as I expected -- a good old fashioned butt-whipping. CELockwood's Bears trounced my Dolphins 31 to 7. It was a game full of mistakes (most of them mine, of course), but he had a couple of excellent sustained drives and a ground game I had trouble stopping.

Despite the humiliation on the field I had fun. Great game, CE!

donhardeone
02-14-2016, 09:11 PM
Man, my schedule in weeks 8-13 is going to be rough...

@Broncos, @Panthers, Retro, @HC, Lockwood, @Retro. If I come out with anything better than 50% it's a success.

CELockwood
02-15-2016, 06:01 AM
Great game. We scored pretty much on unforced errors on both sides. This should be fun.

Retro
02-15-2016, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONm8y5jqBYY

TrojanTeacher
02-15-2016, 02:56 PM
I played my first preseason game and it went pretty much as I expected -- a good old fashioned butt-whipping. CELockwood's Bears trounced my Dolphins 31 to 7. It was a game full of mistakes (most of them mine, of course), but he had a couple of excellent sustained drives and a ground game I had trouble stopping.

Despite the humiliation on the field I had fun. Great game, CE!

Lockwood is a lockdown player. One of the best...even though he just picked up Madden...since 08. :wink:

Retro
02-15-2016, 08:12 PM
*****CPU GAMES*****

If you lose, take it like a man. I can see how many times people play a game. I get that a disconnect can happen, even with the CPU. But understand, I play this game ALOT. The amount of times a game against the CPU has to be restarted, is tiny.

It sucks to lose. You won't get better by taking advantage of restarts. If you lose, take it an learn from it. Make adjustments for the next game. Everyone winning every game is not fun, it gets boring.

donhardeone
02-15-2016, 09:44 PM
Are the penalty sliders adjusted higher? I'm getting an unusual number of penalties for defensive holding calls especially...regardless 9f whether I am in Man, Zone, Press, etc. Maybe my defense just sucks, but I've gotten over 6 in 1.25 games, 3 of them back to back in a single quarter.

TrojanTeacher
02-15-2016, 10:27 PM
Didn't notice anything weird with penalties in the first two games. The CPU had one defensive holding. I had one offensive holding and one defensive encroachment. 2 false starts from CPU offensive linemen. Other than that, it's been pretty penalty free.

donhardeone
02-15-2016, 10:43 PM
Could just be my DBs are prone to getting defensive holding. They can't tackle, so make up for it by holding the receivers. Heh.

Retro
02-15-2016, 11:53 PM
The difference this year vs all previous years, PI and Defensive Holding actually get called. Each player now also has a "penalty" trait. Your player can be Undisciplined, Balanced or Disciplined. If your player is in a mis-match and is undisciplined, then they are more likely to get calls against them.

donhardeone
02-16-2016, 12:23 AM
The difference this year vs all previous years, PI and Defensive Holding actually get called. Each player now also has a "penalty" trait. Your player can be Undisciplined, Balanced or Disciplined. If your player is in a mis-match and is undisciplined, then they are more likely to get calls against them.

Ah, that makes sense. I'll check that out for my starters. There is much more of a difference between Madden 15 and 16 than I had originally anticipated.

@Teach - The trait I was thinking of the other night was "Development" trait, that you can ONLY check int he Player Progression screen.

JockoPablo
02-16-2016, 08:14 AM
*****CPU GAMES*****If you lose, take it like a man. I can see how many times people play a game.

I goofed yesterday. I exited a game I was losing with about 3 minutes to go thinking that it would sim the rest because I was fine taking the loss. It even asked me if I was willing to concede the game, and I clicked "Yes." But when it went back out to my league menu it showed that the game hadn't been played. Ugh.

I just marked myself ready for the next week and left the game to be simmed when the week advanced. My intention wasn't to try again and replay the game. I just have no clue what I'm doing since this is the first league I've been in. Heh.

In other news, hindsight tells me that someone as bad at this game as I am shouldn't have started with a bad team.

donhardeone
02-16-2016, 09:06 AM
I goofed yesterday. I exited a game I was losing with about 3 minutes to go thinking that it would sim the rest because I was fine taking the loss. It even asked me if I was willing to concede the game, and I clicked "Yes." But when it went back out to my league menu it showed that the game hadn't been played. Ugh.

I messaged Retro last night because I had almost the same exact thing happen to me last night when I played my Week 3 matchup. I finished the game (which was a 17-10 loss), but when I got back to the Franchise screen it showed the game still needed to be played. I'm just happy I have better internet connection this time. Durign the Madden 15 league I was disconnected from the internet so much that it took 4 or 5 tries sometimes to play through a game.

Weird stuff happens. Anytime you disconnect or things like that, just shoot the commissioner (Retro) a quick message as an FYI.

On a related note, I got a "good team" in the Packers and still getting man-handled by the CPU. Doesn't help when my team had double-digit dropped passes that last game.

JockoPablo
02-16-2016, 10:49 AM
On a related note, I got a "good team" in the Packers and still getting man-handled by the CPU. Doesn't help when my team had double-digit dropped passes that last game.

My problem isn't that my receivers are dropping passes, it's that the defenders are catching them! :frusty:

Retro
02-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Run the ball, short passes, play for first downs not touchdowns. Spread out your targets. Don't just target the big name WR/TE every play. Check your match ups, look for ways to exploit them. If your WR doesn't have the speed or release but does have better route running and size, run shorter route with cuts or double moves.

Even if your runs are getting stopped at the line or you're only getting a couple yards, keep pounding the ball. It takes it's toll on the defense and sooner or later you'll begin breaking off solid runs. While you don't want to go deep all the time, take a shot downfield once in awhile to keep the defense honest. If you run the ball on 1st down consistently, maybe throw in a playaction deep pass to put the defense off balance so they don't run commit.

On defense don't go nuts with the cover 3 or cover 4. Online people like using them because the people they play like throwing bombs every play. But if you play someone patient who mixes up their play calling, cover 3 & 4 will get exposed with underneath throws and a solid running game.

By the same token, don't blitz every play, it can leave you exposed. While blitzing can be very effective, it can become too predictable and can turn a quick short pass into a 50 yard TD.

Retro
02-16-2016, 01:02 PM
This nearly made a guy quit my other league. All game when I ran, I went up the middle or to the left on 99% of runs. He pinned me at my 1 yard line, knew I would run and tried to run blitz ...you guessed it, to the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmcqgA6rA8

Have a gameplan, stick to it.

donhardeone
02-16-2016, 07:09 PM
Daddyleagues.com League has officially been created.

http://daddyleagues.com/TeamMP

You'll need to register for a free account on the site, and associate your account with this league. Any other questions on how this all works, that's what Retro is for. :wink: heh

JockoPablo
02-16-2016, 07:40 PM
I registered at Daddyleagues and (I think) linked my EA account. I can see the league and browse teams, but I'm not sure it knows I'm the coach of one of the teams. I don't get any options when viewing my team. When I click on "Coaches" it says I'm not authorized to view that area. I think I'm missing a step or two.

In other news, I played my second CPU game tonight. Not only did I get shut out but I threw yet another pick-six. That makes at least one per game so far. I'm close to the point of frustration.

I've never been a Madden ace, but I've never been this bad before. I don't know if it's this version, the difficulty settings, my team, my age, or a combination of all of the above, but I'm completely helpless. In older times and older versions I could win almost every game I played against the CPU regardless of what team I used, but I was on Pro difficulty only.

I expected to get beaten soundly by all of you, but I thought I would at least be competitive against the CPU. It doesn't appear that will be the case. (My record shows a win against the Panthers, but that game was simmed)

I'm definitely going to practice more, but after scoring a total of 13 points in three games (7 of which were 100% accident) I'm not sure how long this will be fun. Sigh.

Retro
02-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Jocko, you need to click "join" which is beside the "blog" option I believe.

Don, you will need to enable the "front office tools" to all users so people can trade and sign FA's and such.

Retro
02-16-2016, 07:44 PM
Jocko if you want to play a practise game, let me know.

donhardeone
02-16-2016, 07:46 PM
Jocko, it's still synching all of the league data, so players/stats/coaches and stuff will start filling out on the site over the next hour.

As far as the difficulty, don't worry man, you are not alone. I played in both of our leagues last year and won a majority of the time. This year so far I am struggling to score against the CPU. Almost all of my points have come from 2-minute offense at the end of halves. I started out rough last year as well though, so I'm hoping it just takes a few games to settle in.

TheFreak75
02-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Daddyleagues.com League has officially been created.

http://daddyleagues.com/TeamMP

You'll need to register for a free account on the site, and associate your account with this league. Any other questions on how this all works, that's what Retro is for. :wink: heh

i registered for daddyleagues, now what ? where is the ea link thingy, and how do i find the madden league?

TrojanTeacher
02-16-2016, 10:14 PM
@Freak: It says EA Info on one of the tabs on the link that Don provided. Also, on the very right side of the part where it says blog, it says join. Press that.

As for the coaches thing, it still says I'm not authorized, but I'm not worried about that.

Retro
02-16-2016, 10:18 PM
You're authorized now Teach

JockoPablo
02-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Looks like I'm all set in Daddyleagues now. I think the only piece I was missing was the commish associating me with my team.

Donhardeone, did you spring for the whole cost of Daddyleagues? If so give me your Paypal info and I'll send you a few bucks to cover my share.

Retro
02-17-2016, 08:38 PM
Week One Power Rankings

Power Ranking - 2015 Regular Season

Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/tb)
0-0

Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/jac)
0-0

New York Giants (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/nyg)
0-0

Washington Redskins (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/was)
0-0

Denver Broncos (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/den)
0-0

Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/cin)
0-0

Houston Texans (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/hou)
0-0

Dallas Cowboys (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/dal)
0-0

New York Jets (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/nyj)
0-0

Buffalo Bills (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/buf)
0-0

Oakland Raiders (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/oak)
0-0

New England Patriots (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/ne)
0-0

Arizona Cardinals (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/ari)
0-0

Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/kc)
0-0

Green Bay Packers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/gb)
0-0

Miami Dolphins (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/mia)
0-0

New Orleans Saints (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/no)
0-0

San Diego Chargers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/sd)
0-0

Carolina Panthers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/car)
0-0

Indianapolis Colts (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/ind)
0-0

Atlanta Falcons (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/atl)
0-0

Detroit Lions (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/det)
0-0

Baltimore Ravens (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/bal)
0-0

St. Louis Rams (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/stl)
0-0

Chicago Bears (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/chi)
0-0

Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/phi)
0-0

Cleveland Browns (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/cle)
0-0

San Francisco 49ers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/sf)
0-0

Minnesota Vikings (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/min)
0-0

Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/pit)
0-0

Tennessee Titans (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/ten)
0-0

Seattle Seahawks (http://www.daddyleagues.com/TeamMP/team/sea)
0-0

JockoPablo
02-18-2016, 08:22 AM
LOL. 16?? Thank goodness for that one accidental sim game -- the only preseason game my team won.

JockoPablo
02-18-2016, 06:45 PM
I won! I actually won my first game!

This is it! This is the big one! Can you hear me, Elizabeth? I'm comin' to join ya!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/be/e0/37/bee037ccb74d197467997b695623d2b0.jpg

It wasn't pretty, but my defense and ground game were just enough to hold on. My passing game still stinks and I threw yet another interception, but it wasn't a pick-six this time so I'm improving! I don't know which is worse, my QB's arm or my WRs' hands. I had several drops in the open field that would have made a big impact on the game. But I made a couple of crucial throws when it counted, and a win is a win, so I'll take it.

CELockwood
02-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Retro,

I'm assuming the replay comment was directed at me. Just so you know, I'm having some issues.

Early in the week I was getting kicked with the 87dd0006 (https://www.google.com/search?q=87dd0006+xbox)error. That didn't cause me to lose any games, but two of the ones I played, I was kicked for logging in elsewhere. Thought it was my kids logging into the other xbox at first, but the second definitely was not. I've locked my account requiring a password to login and haven't seen it again yet, but am a bit concerned. My account was hacked previously (FIFA cards).

If it makes you feel any better, I was actually beating Indy and ending up losing the replay. :angry:

JockoPablo
02-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Just so you know, I'm having some issues.

Why couldn't you have had those issues when you were beating me? :)

CELockwood
02-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Why couldn't you have had those issues when you were beating me? :)
They actually started the next day.

The frustrating part is if I play most of a game twice, you'd think I could beat Cleveland.

donhardeone
02-19-2016, 02:09 PM
Let's just be certain that if it happens in our Week 1 matchup, Lockwood, that it only happens if I am losing. If I'm winning, I'm going to need you to leave the lag switch off man. :wink:

CELockwood
02-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Let's just be certain that if it happens in our Week 1 matchup, Lockwood, that it only happens if I am losing. If I'm winning, I'm going to need you to leave the lag switch off man. :wink:

Nope. Against you, I'm lagging early and often.

I suspect, it make take quite a few tries to get me a win there. Speaking of, when do you want to play?

donhardeone
02-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Nope. Against you, I'm lagging early and often.

I suspect, it make take quite a few tries to get me a win there. Speaking of, when do you want to play?

Ha! I just got home from work. I can play at any point really the rest of the night.

CELockwood
02-19-2016, 06:40 PM
I can be on at 9 if that works.

donhardeone
02-19-2016, 06:44 PM
Works fine for me. That'll give me time to put the kiddos to bed and all.

JockoPablo
02-20-2016, 11:39 AM
I just had the single most infuriating experience I've ever had in video gaming. The mighty Jacksonville Jaguars trounced me 42-7. I threw four interceptions total, but only two were my fault. Tannehill couldn't have hit a cow in the arse with a banjo today. On one of the INTs he threw at least two yards behind the crossing receiver. On one play I had a receiver wide open on a middle post and Tannehill didn't even come close. I've never seen such inaccurate passing any any football video game.

I got so frustrated that I benched Tannehill midway through the second quarter. Moore, my backup QB, threw so much more accurately. I think he threw for more yards in one half than Tannehill threw in the entire preseason, and he gve me my only TD pass of the season so far.

It didn't help that the game had Bortles playing like Johnny freaking Unitas. He was throwing downfield and connecting on everything. And what is more amazing is that his receivers were catching the ball!

So far this is unquestionably my least favorite version of Madden. I don't mind losing because of my glaring lack of skill in the game, but when it makes good players look horrible and mediocre players look like Hall of Famers it ticks me off. Sigh.

CELockwood
02-20-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm struggling with passing too.

Have you ever hit a cow in the arse with a banjo? Do you have video?

Retro
02-20-2016, 01:57 PM
You can lead your receivers by aiming with the left stick. It can come in very handy, but be careful because it can also make your throws more erratic.

If my WR is cutting across with separation, I won't use it. If the coverage is tight and I want to fit it in, I'll use it to try and lead my guy.

JockoPablo
02-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Have you ever hit a cow in the arse with a banjo? Do you have video?

Those records were sealed by juvenile court. No comment.

donhardeone
02-20-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm struggling with passing too.

I call bullshit! Hahaha

CELockwood
02-20-2016, 06:09 PM
I call bullshit! Hahaha

You should have watched me against AZ.

Retro
02-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Something tells me I'm about to get "Madden'd" when I face the Bronco's.

JockoPablo
02-20-2016, 07:47 PM
MIAMI -- After an embarrassing loss in Jacksonville last week, the Dolphins turned things around at home and beat the Jaguars 19 - 7 today. Lamar Miller was the undisputed MPV of the game, rushing for 144 yards, 70 of which came on a touchdown scramble. The co-MVP goes to the Dolphins defense, who held the Bills to just 7 points and kept them under 200 yards on the day while nabbing an interception and two sacks.

Tannehill, benched last week early in the second quarter after throwing his third interception, seemed to have received coach Cruz's message loud and clear. His stats may have looked like something out of preseason (5/15 for 63 yards) but he threw no interceptions and managed his first touchdown pass of the season -- a 15 yard strike to the Dolphins' new FB, Lonnie Pryor.

After the game Coach Cruz simply said, "Son of a bitch. Give me a drink."

Retro
02-20-2016, 11:10 PM
The Denver game was a little tense. Tried going to the run early, found myself down 24-10 in the 3rd. Turned to Stafford and Megatron, final score, Lions 31 - Broncos 24.

Stafford:
20/35 425 yards, 4TD's 0INTs

Johnson:
9 receptions, 206 yards, 2TDs (Including a 71 yard TD)

Fuller 132 yards from 3 catches including the game winning 93 yard TD bomb.

Got killed by penalties in the first half (38 yards worth) and not getting pressure on Manning. Turned up the heat on him in the second half and shut him down.

Retro
02-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Even on Daddlyleagues Skip Bayless is a douche.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/Retro_022/Skip1_zps4tnr3j82.jpg

Retro
02-20-2016, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL4zIwTdh6o

CELockwood
02-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Got thumped by Seattle. Very frustrating game. Zero ability to move the ball at all. Down 20 in the first half. Defense held in the second, but could never really threaten.

JockoPablo
02-21-2016, 09:07 AM
Retro, that first play looks like one I ran in my last game, only my QB threw it about ten yards off the mark. =\

Wepa Pr85
02-21-2016, 09:54 AM
I haven't played Madden since Madden 04. Let me know what Madden everyone is playing I am willing to give it a shot even though I wont be good at the game

Retro
02-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Madden 16 it's in the EA Access vault.

Retro
02-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Latest power rankings

Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

3-0

3-0

3-0

3-0

2-1

2-1

2-1

2-1

1-2

2-1

2-1

2-1

2-1

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

2-1

2-1

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

0-3

0-3

1-2

CELockwood
02-21-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm still having login problems. Could not play at all last night. Today has been hit or miss. Currently can't get any Madden online features to work, though at least it did let me onto live. Just bitching.

CELockwood
02-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Damnit. Ignore me from now on. I've solved my login issues.

And I lost to the Raiders. Still can't pass.

Retro
02-21-2016, 09:03 PM
I can pass, just can't run. And not running is killing me.

CELockwood
02-21-2016, 09:12 PM
My running doesn't seem awful, but I guess that's compared to my passing.

TrojanTeacher
02-21-2016, 09:19 PM
Bad thing is that if you get your running game going, the CPU stops it immediately. So then you're forced to pass, but the receivers can't catch, at least on my team.

JockoPablo
02-22-2016, 08:07 AM
http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue/files/2007/10/l66527-1.jpg

donhardeone
02-22-2016, 08:30 AM
I feel like the CPU has a much easier time running than I do every game. I have Eddie Lacy, and it took until week 5 to get a 100-yd rushing game. Of course, to be fair, I have played against RBs like Forte, Charles, Gurley, and Hyde...all but Gurley of which are like human pinballs. My tackles aren't great, but I should at least be able to run it straight up the gut given that my guards and center are pretty solid. I'm starting to figure out the passing game a bit more though.

Retro
02-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Not sure how the Broncos went from 9th to 1st with a 2-2 record.

Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

2-2

4-0

3-1

4-1

3-2

3-1

3-1

3-1

3-1

2-2

3-1

3-1

2-2

1-2

3-2

2-2

2-2

1-2

2-2

2-2

2-2

2-2

1-4

1-3

1-3

1-3

1-3

1-3

1-3

1-3

1-3

1-3

donhardeone
02-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Not sure how the Broncos went from 9th to 1st with a 2-2 record.

Strength of schedule?! I dunno, doesn't make sense to me either.

Woohoo for me finally being back out of the bottom third of the league in power ranking. My schedule looks brutal moving forward though, with the Raiders and Vikings being the only ones with losing records. I mean, Broncos are 2-2 but atop the power rankings.

Retro
02-22-2016, 11:55 AM
If it's based off of strength of schedule, I should be #1. My 4 games include 3 teams from the top 5!

Retro
02-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

5-0

3-2

4-1

3-1

4-1

4-1

4-1

4-1

3-2

3-2

3-2

3-2

3-2

2-3

2-3

3-2

3-2

2-3

1-3

2-3

2-2

2-4

2-3

2-3

1-4

2-3

1-4

2-3

1-5

1-4

1-4

1-3

donhardeone
02-26-2016, 08:33 AM
Holy crap...I'm in the top 10. Don't worry, that'll change! Heh

CELockwood
02-26-2016, 01:19 PM
Holy crap...I'm in the top 10. Don't worry, that'll change! Heh
I'm 1-4 and get retro this week.

[emoji25]

JockoPablo
02-26-2016, 01:27 PM

[emoji25]

http://www.violetcottage.com/862-thickbox/with-deepest-sympathy-wishing-you-peace-lily-wreath-.jpg

Retro
02-26-2016, 02:01 PM

[emoji25]

So you feel bad that you'll be 2-4?

CELockwood
02-26-2016, 02:44 PM
So you feel bad that you'll be 2-4?
I just hope you let me score.

CELockwood
02-26-2016, 02:45 PM
I just hope you let me score.
Reading that after posting disturbs me a bit.

Retro
02-26-2016, 02:52 PM
My defence is terrible.

CELockwood
02-26-2016, 03:34 PM
My defence is terrible.
I can probably play tonight. Any time you'd prefer?

Retro
02-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Think I'm pretty free all night. Were you thinking later? Or something around 8 est?

CELockwood
02-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Let's plan on 8.

Retro
02-26-2016, 06:25 PM
That works

JockoPablo
02-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Today is the day I almost uninstalled Madden. With all the dropped passes, ridiculously inaccurate passes, and overall crappiness of my team, today the game tried to pile on with a bug that resulted in 7 points for the opposition.

It was 3rd and short and the Titans threw a sideline pass. It was ruled a completion and a 1st down, but it looked like the receiver was out of bounds so I challenged. The ref said the ruling on the field was reversed, so I'm thinking "Yes! Fourth down!" But as play resumes the Titans have the ball with first down at the spot of the non-catch!!

And of course the drive results in a TD, when it should have ended with a punt. I came this close to just turning off the Xbox. Instead I soldiered on and ended up with the win. Still, I like this version of Madden less every time I play it.

By the way, Jordan Cameron says "Get it right up ya, Madden!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz-sTjFEyTg&feature=youtu.be

CELockwood
02-27-2016, 04:47 AM
I'm with you Jocko. I had to play Retro last night. Absolutely awful. He was actually kind, as it could have been about 100 to zip.

Have to say though, I can still stomach losing to somebody I know is a good player much better than losses to the Browns and Raiders controlled by the AI.

And Eddie Royal is fucking putz. He couldn't catch the ball if I walked over and handed it to him and if he does manage to find it (kickoff), Retro demonstrated how easy it is to take it away from him.

What I meant to say is he's a great player who should be a highly valued contributor in someone's organization - Who wants him?

Retro
02-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

Denver Broncos (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/den)
4-2

Detroit Lions (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/det)
5-1

Seattle Seahawks (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/sea)
5-1

Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/kc)
5-1

Carolina Panthers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/car)
4-1

New York Jets (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/nyj)
4-1

Atlanta Falcons (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/atl)
5-1

Green Bay Packers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/gb)
4-2

Arizona Cardinals (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/ari)
4-2

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/tb)
3-2

San Diego Chargers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/sd)
4-2

New England Patriots (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/ne)
3-2

Dallas Cowboys (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/dal)
3-2

Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/jac)
3-3

Buffalo Bills (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/buf)
4-2

Baltimore Ravens (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/bal)
2-4

San Francisco 49ers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/sf)
3-3

Miami Dolphins (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/mia)
3-2

Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/pit)
3-3

New Orleans Saints (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/no)
2-4

Tennessee Titans (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/ten)
1-4

New York Giants (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/nyg)
2-4

Oakland Raiders (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/oak)
2-3

Indianapolis Colts (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/ind)
2-4

St. Louis Rams (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/stl)
1-4

Houston Texans (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/hou)
2-4

Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/phi)
1-5

Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/cin)
2-4

Washington Redskins (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/was)
1-5

Cleveland Browns (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/cle)
2-4

Minnesota Vikings (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/min)
1-4

Chicago Bears (http://www.daddyleagues.com/teammp/team/chi)
1-5

Retro
02-27-2016, 10:59 AM
I'll take Royal....

CELockwood
02-27-2016, 02:12 PM
You get nothing. You'll just start scoring with him and make me feel worse. You can have DeSean Achoo, the coaches son.

Retro
02-27-2016, 05:39 PM
Gave the Vikes a beat down twice today. Madden decided not save the first one, which sucks as some of my guys had huge days, (Stafford - 390 yards and 4 TD's, Megatron 10 catches for 189 yards).

Second game went well too, beat down the hated Vikes 40-3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D2wbv8W-Cc

CELockwood
02-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Since I had a bye this week, I figured I could use some practice and started a regular franchise. After throwing a few (OK 23) interceptions I thought I'd share some things I've learned.

1. Throw int's early in the drive. You will just be more pissed off of you drive down the field and throw them in the red zone.
2. Throwing to cb's in the flat allows you to get more time practicing kickoff return and offense as a result of the pick 6.
3. Do not attempt rac or aggressive catches with the steelers or bears because apparently these buttons have been mislabeled and are actually the Stonehands and Three Fingered catching techniques respectively.
4. Finally, do not be tempted to try running the ball to delay throwing an int. This will only lead to extreme consternation attempting to understand how a defense with 9 defensive backs on the field can stop an NFL running back for a two yard gain. Just go ahead and let'r rip.

TrojanTeacher
02-28-2016, 12:38 AM
Haha!

Retro
02-28-2016, 08:58 AM
The receiving buttons, Y aggressive catch, B run after catch and A for possession.

THEY ARE NOT A GIVEN!

1. Your receiver must have them as a trait.
2. If they do not have them as a trait, the chance of making the catch is low.
3. Even if they have that particular trait, it is not a guarantee. Other attributes and traits come into play such as catch, catch in traffic, strength, awareness and "drops open passes" & "clutch" traits.
4. Even with the needed traits and all the other attributes being great, you then have to factor in the attributes and traits of the defender(s).
5. Even with all the above in your favour, you then have to factor in the throw quality which is based of the QB's attributes and traits + the pressure he is under.

Retro
02-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Running game.

Same as the passing, attributes and traits play a major role, not just of the running back, but those of his blockers as well. Then you need to factor the attributes and traits of the defenders against those of your offence.

All things being equal though, my tips for running.

1. Don't just pull the RT button for speed. If you do, you'll likely run ahead of your blockers and make them useless. Plus, you negate your RB's ability to perform jukes and spins. Running at full speed decreases their speed and elusiveness attributes and the corresponding moves.

2. Know your running back. What type of back are they? One cut, power, speed, etc? This should affect not only the plays you call, but how you run with them. For example, don't run pitch plays with a power back when the defence is spread out or up the gut with with a speed back when the defence has 8 in the box.

3. Know your line. If your Right Tackle has 87 pass block but only 79 run block, you may not want to off-tackle over him. Likewise if your Right Guard has 90 run block but only has 55 agility you want to avoid plays that will have him pulling to block.

4. Know your match-ups. Before the snap, pull the RT button and pull the right stick down and to the right where is say's "Run Blocking". If will give you an idea of the match up. The linemen in GREEN will be a good match-up (again, does not mean an automatic 50 yard run or even a positive one) red means no good and blank is a crap shoot.

5. Mix up the play calling. Don't always run it on first down. Stretch out the defence with a deep ball, even if it's not caught. Use play-action and draw plays. Don't let the defence know what's coming.

6. Take note of what the defence is calling in all situations. If you are playing me, and it's 3rd and more than 4, chances are I'll be bringing a heavy blitz so you'll want to avoid a deep ball and go short or run a draw play or quick toss.

***This is not Madden 97 or even Madden 12. Gameplay strategy is important. Individual attributes and traits matter. Player match-ups matter. The game is not arcade. It plays far more like real football than ever before. What worked in old Madden games, will not work now.

Retro
02-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

6-1

4-2

6-1

5-1

5-2

4-2

6-1

4-2

4-2

4-2

3-2

4-3

4-3

4-3

4-3

3-4

4-2

4-3

2-4

3-4

3-3

2-5

3-4

1-5

1-5

2-5

2-5

2-4

1-6

2-5

1-5

1-5

CELockwood
03-01-2016, 09:03 AM
I call bullshit this week. I'm trying to beat the lowly Vikings, driving for the win, and I get not 1, not 2, but 3 holding penalties IN A ROW!

Sets up a nice 1st and 40 from deep in my own territory.

Oh, and FU Phil Simms.

Retro
03-01-2016, 11:34 AM
I call bullshit this week. I'm trying to beat the lowly Vikings, driving for the win, and I get not 1, not 2, but 3 holding penalties IN A ROW!

Sets up a nice 1st and 40 from deep in my own territory.

Oh, and FU Phil Simms.

I lost 51-10 to the Chiefs with 7 turn overs, quit yer' bitchin!

JockoPablo
03-01-2016, 11:47 AM

That's just wrong.

CELockwood
03-01-2016, 04:38 PM
That's just wrong.
I know. I complained to the commissioner and was fined!

Retro
03-01-2016, 04:48 PM
I know. I complained to the commissioner and was fined!

Payment is still outstanding

Cleveland63b
03-02-2016, 08:39 PM
how do I go about getting involved in this? gamertag is same as my username here.

JockoPablo
03-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Freak and I had an excellent game last night. I was actually up by 10 late in the third but couldn't hold him off. He ended up scoring 14 in the fourth quarter while I got nothing. Final score was Patriots 31, Fins 24.

I had no answer for his passing game, and couldn't get any pressure on Brady all night. Tannehill's 40% completion rate didn't help things for me, either.

I was in position to tie the game with just over a minute to go when I got Maddened. I had Cameron streaking across the end zone with two steps on the defender. I threw a pass that went right into his hands. He dropped it. :frusty:

Still, I was pleased that I actually hung in there with Freak and kept it close. It really was a great game. Now, time to try to bounce back against the Bills.

TheFreak75
03-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Freak and I had an excellent game last night. I was actually up by 10 late in the third but couldn't hold him off. He ended up scoring 14 in the fourth quarter while I got nothing. Final score was Patriots 31, Fins 24.

I had no answer for his passing game, and couldn't get any pressure on Brady all night. Tannehill's 40% completion rate didn't help things for me, either.

I was in position to tie the game with just over a minute to go when I got Maddened. I had Cameron streaking across the end zone with two steps on the defender. I threw a pass that went right into his hands. He dropped it. :frusty:

Still, I was pleased that I actually hung in there with Freak and kept it close. It really was a great game. Now, time to try to bounce back against the Bills.

Awesome game Jocko, I keep saying we should have gone to OT.

Retro
03-03-2016, 01:27 PM
how do I go about getting involved in this? gamertag is same as my username here.

Trying to fill up the AFC East and NFC North. We have the Bills available.

Retro
03-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

7-1

4-3

6-2

6-2

6-2

6-2

7-1

5-2

6-2

5-3

5-3

5-3

4-4

5-3

3-3

4-3

4-4

4-3

3-5

2-5

3-5

2-5

3-4

3-5

1-6

1-6

2-6

2-5

2-6

2-6

2-5

1-6

TrojanTeacher
03-03-2016, 06:32 PM

C'mon down. Retro can send you an invite. I already friended you. Bills are the last team available on our side. There are other teams, but we try to stick to divisions so that we can play against each other more.

JockoPablo
03-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Just don't take the Bills until I play them this week! My only chance to beat them is if they're CPU. :)

JockoPablo
03-05-2016, 08:53 AM
My team took a dump against the Bills even without human control. So many wild throws and dropped passes. And Miller fumbled three times in two games after not fumbling once in the previous seven (preseason included). Sigh. Fortunately I rebounded against the Eagles, but my chances of being in anything other than last place in the division look dismal.

I've learned in this version of Madden the probability of my receivers catching a ball is inversely proportionate to how open he is. Same with QB accuracy. It's infuriating.

Retro
03-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

7-1

7-2

6-2

6-2

4-4

6-2

6-2

6-2

8-1

6-3

6-3

5-3

5-3

4-3

4-5

5-4

4-4

5-4

4-5

3-5

3-6

4-5

2-6

3-5

2-7

3-5

2-6

1-8

1-6

2-7

2-6

2-7

Cleveland63b
03-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Im all for joining up even if I have to be the bills ha, just not sure how I would find time to play against you guys....things at home have gotten a little unstable lately and I have barely even turned the xbox on this week. I need to get a headset ordered also.

JockoPablo
03-05-2016, 01:40 PM

Tell me about it, Mark.

CELockwood
03-05-2016, 03:31 PM
I'll take the Panthers.

Retro
03-07-2016, 10:17 PM
After a couple losses and an ugly win over the Raiders, the Lions are back on track.

Lions 49 - Eagles 14

Stafford 24/30 287 yards 5TD's 1INT

Johnson 10 catches for 89 yards 3TD's
Fuller 5 catches for 89 yards 1TD
Tate 5 catches for 58 yards 1TD (Plus 93 yards punt returning and 64 kick returning)

Hopefully the bad stretch is over.

donhardeone
03-08-2016, 01:52 AM
I'm hoping I have a similar rebound this week against Lockwood. It hasn't been the best stretch these last few games, and last time I played the Bears he demolished me.

CELockwood
03-08-2016, 08:05 AM
There will be no rebounding. I'm hiring the all Madden team and a skilled 12 year old to coach them this week.

JockoPablo
03-08-2016, 08:58 AM

Thanks for that tip, Daddyleagues.

Retro
03-08-2016, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XNlVQ8DfXw

Retro
03-14-2016, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS9qto5V7aw

JockoPablo
03-15-2016, 06:03 PM
The week has advanced. I stumbled to victory against the Giants, 19-14. I stunk for the majority of the game, but down 14-12 early in the fourth I had an amazing sustained drive culminating in a TD. The Giants drove down the field and had 4th and goal from the 2 with just under two minutes left and I stopped them in the backfield for a loss and turnover on downs.

I was Maddened on a couple of run plays. In both cases I was running wide and had nothing but daylight ahead, but a corner magically shed a block and pulled a Barry Allen, zipping about two yards in the blink of an eye to tackle me. It was almost comical.

Here's what turned out to be the winning score, with Miller being a beast and my RG throwing the sickest block I've ever seen in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0ZLSHCQYs

Retro
03-16-2016, 12:28 AM
My defence came to play again, offence was clicking (Matt Stafford with a 158 QB rating) but the win was costly. Calvin Johnson out 2 weeks. Theo Riddick out 2 weeks. While painful, those two will be back for the playoffs but my beast OLB Tahir Whitehead is out for 5 weeks. I'll only get him back if the Lions go to the Super Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2rBDFQ8MnQ

Retro
03-30-2016, 09:35 PM
For season 2, I've made a couple small tweaks.

Kick-off power has been slightly lowered to hopefully have more returns.
Injuries have been lowered slightly to match with out mins per quarter. (Same goes for fatigue).
Player XP has been increased to 110% for all positions, except offensive linemen, they go to 118%. We don't want XP to be so I that 70 overall players are 90 OVR by the end of a season. But it would be nice to see some increases. It's harder to get XP for Oline so they get a bigger bump. We'll keep and eye on and tweak when needed.

TrojanTeacher
03-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Sounds good to me. Can we make Brady retire?

Retro
04-01-2016, 03:03 PM
For auto-subs.

Auto Subs
Offense
OB 0/3
RB 80/84
WR 65/70
FB/TE 50/55
OL 0/3
Defense
DT 80/84
DE 80/84
LB 50/55
CB 20/25
S 20/25

HardlyCapable13
04-01-2016, 03:16 PM
For auto-subs.

Auto Subs
Offense
OB 0/3
RB 80/84
WR 65/70
FB/TE 50/55
OL 0/3
Defense
DT 80/84
DE 80/84
LB 50/55
CB 20/25
S 20/25

Appears it doesn't work the same.

Retro
04-01-2016, 03:19 PM
??? Why?? It's same as what I have.

Retro
04-03-2016, 07:54 PM
I think my D-line is set to terrorize this season. Either or that or I wasted a lot of cap space.

LE - M. Johnson 99
RE - E. Ansah - 99
DT - H. Ngata - 96
DT - J. Jones - 84

Plus my rushing ROLB T. Whitehead - 95

Along with my new and improved secondary with the addition of 6'3" Sean Smith at CB.

Bring on the draft!

Retro
04-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Pre-season Power Rankings

Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

0-0

1-0

1-0

1-0

0-0

0-1

0-1

0-0

0-0

0-0

1-0

1-0

0-0

0-0

0-1

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-1

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-0

0-1

JockoPablo
04-10-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm pulling out of the league for now. I retired, so the Dolphins are now available.

HardlyCapable13
04-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Seriously? I rank 32nd? Greeeeeeeeeat....

Retro
04-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Seriously? I rank 32nd? Greeeeeeeeeat....

That's OK, entering the regular season it has me at 32.

The power rankings are weak until about week 3 or 4. Then they get pretty accurate.

Retro
05-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Had a great game with Don, down to the wire. In the end, I got Maddened!!!!! Last second throw to Megatron for the win, makes the catch, breaks the plane, game says no TD. He even knocks the pylon marker out of the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr9gHkx-92Y

HardlyCapable13
05-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Had a great game with Don, down to the wire. In the end, I got Maddened!!!!! Last second throw to Megatron for the win, makes the catch, breaks the plane, game says no TD. He even knocks the pylon marker out of the way.

Hmm.....hard to see at full speed from that angle. Are they saying he was down when he came to the ground prior to breaking the plane?

It's those hellacious all yellow uniforms.

Retro
05-01-2016, 09:12 PM
To me he broke the line when he landed. But even if he landed and slid/bounced in, he wasn't touched until the second DB touched him in the endzone. The first guy never hit him, he jumped up and over.

Retro
05-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Just in case anyone thinks they are getting screwed by penalties.

Retro
05-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Coming for that Super Bowl Freak!

My offence now has balance like never before. My last 3 games since the loss to the Packers;

932 yards passing
580 yards rushing

77 passing attempts
97 rushing attempts

7 takeaways
0 turnovers

573 yards given up

128 points for
22 points against

HardlyCapable13
05-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Right. So all user controlled teams get screwed by penalties. :lol:

Anyway, who was bitching about that?

Retro
05-07-2016, 01:25 PM
Right. So all user controlled teams get screwed by penalties. :lol:

Anyway, who was bitching about that?

Actually, all cpu teams get screwed by penalties. The 6 user controlled teams have the lowest number of calls against.

HardlyCapable13
05-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Oh I thought it was most. I'm hope they CPU starts getting more calls against me! I could use all the help I can get!!!!

HardlyCapable13
05-07-2016, 02:02 PM
0 turnovers

game genie!!!

donhardeone
05-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Actually, all cpu teams get screwed by penalties. The 6 user controlled teams have the lowest number of calls against.

To keep in perspective though, the CPU play full games and we have shortened ones.

I will say, almost all of my penalties have been defensive holding any time I do press coverage. Did the setting for that change between seasons? Just seems odd that I played almost exclusively press coverage last season with that almost never getting called.

Retro
05-07-2016, 07:23 PM
To keep in perspective though, the CPU play full games and we have shortened ones.

I will say, almost all of my penalties have been defensive holding any time I do press coverage. Did the setting for that change between seasons? Just seems odd that I played almost exclusively press coverage last season with that almost never getting called.

CPU/Simmed games use the same clock as live games. Zero difference.

Retro
05-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Final Power Rankings

Rank
NFL Teams
W-L
PrevRank
Rating

14-2

14-2

15-1

13-3

12-4

13-3

13-3

11-5

12-4

9-7

9-7

9-7

9-7

10-6

8-8

7-9

6-9

7-9

6-10

5-11

6-10

5-10

6-10

6-10

5-11

5-11

5-11

4-12

4-12

3-13

3-13

1-15

Retro
05-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Coaching records as of today (regular season & playoffs)

Lions: 30 - 6 / .833
Vikings: 13 - 3 / .812
Jets: 26 - 9 / .742
Pack: 23 - 9 / .718
Pats: 24 -11 / .685 *
Bills: 10 - 7 / .588

(* 2015 Super Bowl)

Retro
05-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Down go the Seahawks. Back to back seasons in the NFC Championship. The performance was so dominating, the Lions had a single 4th quarter drive that lasted 8:40.

Lions 42 - Seahawks 7

Stafford: 13/20 172 yards, 2 TD's
Wilson: 7/20 71 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT's

Wright: 25 carries 134 yards 3 TD's
Lynch: 12 carries 95 yards

Johnson: 8 catches, 128 yards, 1 TD
Baldwin: 2 catches, 10 yards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6txeWoebbE

TrojanTeacher
05-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Were you playing in rookie? Wow, that team looked like it was playing flag football.

I couldn't break the game wide open like you did against them. Actually, I did. I was up 17 points. 2nd half I didn't score and they scored 20. Sucks.

Retro
05-23-2016, 12:10 PM
They do the same thing to me every time, I get a solid lead in the first half and then they come roaring back and are unstoppable in the second. This time I figured out how to stop their offence. Also didn't shy away from throwing against Sherman. Every time I play them, I never throw against him, this time I went after him. Their defence is also not great against the run.