PDA

View Full Version : Teaming up etiquette

Scottgun00
03-01-2016, 08:34 AM
On the console versions (at least), the default setting lets people on your friend's list join you pretty much at any time. The other option is to set it to solo so that no one can join, or open in which anyone can join, even non-friends.

My instinct is that if I leave my setting at default, then that is an implicit permission for friends to join at any time, and that if I want to solo, then it is my responsibility to change it to solo.

Sound like a good policy? I suspect it won't be an issue in most cases, but it might be good to have it settled before game launch to avoid misunderstandings.

In my case I will probably solo the introductory material up to getting my BoE up, then it will be friends all the way, and probably fully open most of the time, but I know some guys like to solo missions on their first attempt.

JockoPablo
03-01-2016, 09:05 AM
That's a good question. I'm always hesitant to join an existing player or party. I generally wait for an invitation unless someone has specifically told me to join them anytime in a certain game.

TonkaToys
03-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Join them Jocko - that's part of what this place is about!

I did notice the other day (in Beta) that I joined someone when they had just started a mission - I dunno if it forced them out mid-mission or something, but I ended up hanging around until they turned up.

Retro
03-01-2016, 11:21 AM
#2. Don't be shy. Once you've added people to your friends list, play with them! If you see someone on playing that game your interested in, join them. If they're in a party, join them. It can be a bit intimidating, make you feel like it's the first day of school again, even though you're an adult. But once you jump in and say hello you'll find we don't bite (except for maybe TheFreak...) and we're all just in it for a laugh.

Even if someone is playing a different game, like say Witcher 3 but you know they are on the Rainbow 6 player list, message them and ask if they want to get some R6 in. Chances are, they are only playing the other game because no one else was on yet to play R6 (or whatever other game).*

Original post: http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?11328-New-Members-or-n00bs-or-FNG-s

Scottgun00
03-01-2016, 11:38 AM
You guys get to the heart of it better than me. Don't be shy. If you see me on the map and the "join team" option is available, join without hesitation because I'm going to do the same. Probably the only time I won't be open is if I know I only have a few minutes to play. The other time is if I know I got 3 other slots reserved for a specific mission or purpose. In that case I'd go solo and hand out invites so no one jumps in and is embarrassed at having to leave.

Same goes for PSN party chat. Just jump in and gab it up. :)

See you soon!

Major Stains
03-01-2016, 03:16 PM
With the recent trend of 'tactical' communication led titles, I have been more thoughtful towards what I can offer to a team if there is no chance I can get on mic.

For example, there is a MP group message box for R6:S on the PS4.
If its way late (stupid o'clock in the morning) and chances of using a mic are slim to none, I will send a message to the group/ MP I want to join saying something like

Sorry no mic tonight, invite me if theres room. Feel free to kick me for MPs using a mic
Because being in communication on some games can be the difference between winning and losing. Plus some people don't like talking to themselves!

Otherwise I say just join any open group and say a quick hi, ask if they mind you joining and 99% of the time you will be given a warm welcome.
The only time I have noticed any problem was when of my 'real life' mates invited me to a party chat and during a game of BF4, a MP came in the group (can't remember who) and chatted away for a while. It did freak my buddy out a bit as he wasn't expecting one of my strange 'internet' friends popping up...lol.

Also, let us know here. If your not getting invites or don't want to just jump in a lobby, maybe start a thread asking if anyone wants to play a certain game at a certain time. You never know who might crawl out of the woodwork.

Sylent
03-01-2016, 04:24 PM
I agree and am a little ashamed. I loved the jump on anyone group function. Never thought of it as rude. Please add me and jump in my game at any time. I will try to play with a headset at most times. I was lucky enough to jump on with a few different mps and really enjoyed the experience and ease of grouping.

Nighthawk2981
03-01-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm looking forward to playing with my MP peeps. If you guys see me online, join me or invite me. I don't mind replaying missions if somebody hasn't hit that one yet or wants to replay it. I still need to go through the PS4 community that Spike created. Still a lot I haven't friended yet.

TonkaToys
03-02-2016, 01:13 PM
The only time I have noticed any problem was when of my 'real life' mates invited me to a party chat and during a game of BF4, a MP came in the group (can't remember who) and chatted away for a while. It did freak my buddy out a bit as he wasn't expecting one of my strange 'internet' friends popping up...lol.

Yeah - sorry about that

Major Stains
03-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Yeah - sorry about that

Lol :becky: No, it wasn't that time. He was prepared by then...and knew to expect the awesomeness of joining MPs ;)

Spike Forehand
03-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Agree with everything being said - when in doubt just join away.

I will usually ask after joining if it was OK for me to jump in, cause I know some times guys might have made arrangements to meet up with someone and if they do I don't mid waiting for the next set of MP's to jump on.

One thing I also try to do in the etiquette department is to at least respond to invites when I get them if I don't accept them for whatever reason.

I'll usually try to send a quick note back if I'm already squadded up or in the middle of a different game, or am only gonna be on for a few more minutes or something. However, sometimes that's tough to do if you're in the middle of a match or something - so please accept my apologies if you don't see a response from me.

Helmethead1031
03-02-2016, 07:49 PM
I have ignored invites by mistake and have felt horrible later. I agree with responding quickly being good etiquette. Sometimes I'm only going to be on for a little while so I won't accept the invite BUT I should at least respond. I also sometimes just want to play solo. It's not an antisocial thing, it's just that sometimes I use my limited time on PS4 to unwind for 30min and enjoy the peacefulness of shooting people [emoji1].

I will say I ALWAYS enjoy my rounds with the other MPs and have never had an unpleasant experience. Spike and Stains are always enjoyable. I recently played with Bravo as well and it was a great game. I believe Spike, Stains, and I joined Bravo while he tried to level up on ranked matches on R6. We ensured that he couldn't level up with our play that night, but it was still the most fun I had in a while. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Dredd1973
03-23-2016, 06:24 PM
I'm playing on X Box One GT: Dredd1973

Feel free to join on me any time y'all.