PDA

View Full Version : Dark Zone aka... Highway to the Danger Zone

Sylent
03-15-2016, 09:50 AM
So I have hit the glorious level 50. Here are somethings I noticed. I did not enter here until PVE level 30.

1. Matchmake or take friends in. No need to solo, it is doable and challenging but during here really hurts. Losing exp is brutal!

2. DZ rank 1-20 took me maybe 1.5 - 2 hours.

3. DZ rank 20-30 took me about 5 more hours.

I never died in the first 30 levels, no real rogue issues etc.

4. DZ rank 30-40 to took around 10 hours.
Deaths here lose 6- 12kexp

5. 40-50 took 20 hours and here I died a lot.
Deaths here lose 12-25k exp

6. The best exp is in the first 3DZ zones. The risk vs reward in the higher zones is not worth it (leveling wise). The challenge up north is awesome but losing an hour or more of work to a death is crushing.

7. Get used to grabbing only purple or yellow items.. They drop like water and you'll be extracting so often don't make it more tedious by grabbing those blues.

8. Most people don't want to go rogue, my group did this once to see what the reward are.. Not worth it!! Try it for the experience but know you will not be happy with the rewards. I survived rank 5 man hunt and got 2000 dz credits.. And I had to run in circles for 30 mins to clear my timer. Or I could have killed 4 npcs in 5 minutes to get that same amount.

9. DZ credits drop like crazy. On death I would lose upwards of 30k per death. I lost around 160-300k easily. I still had 450,000 dz credits when I hit 50. I bought every blue print available at all dz safe houses. There is a vendor for each category, weapon mods, gear mods, weapons and finally gear where you can spend dz credits. I had 110,00 dz credits left when all is said and done.

10. Do not convert high end division tech to different crafting materials. These are needed for DZ blue prints. Break your purples down and you will have plenty. Need money sell your extracted purples for 3-6k each. A full dz stash nets around 100k regular credits.

11. There is a special vendor at the top of dz06 that only accepts PHX credits. There is some sweet stuff here. It's very tough to get to though.

12. The most expensive item I have seen is only 15k dz credits.

Feel free to ask me any questions I'll be happy to answer. It seems 50 is not the cap as I hit 51 before going to bed.

Nighthawk2981
03-15-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm chugging along at level 8ish in the DZ. I went in solo last night and it was brutal. I picked up some good loot in DZ1 but when I went to extract, a whole gang of NPCs showed up. I died once but nobody was around to steal my stuff. When I respawned, I made it back to my death spot and as I was picking up my loot, some other players wandered in and helped me clear out for a clean extraction. I want to stay in longer but haven't seen any friends of similar level online at the time.

Major Stains
03-15-2016, 03:11 PM
Feel free to ask me any questions I'll be happy to answer.

It seems 50 is not the cap as I hit 51 before going to bed.

That was my only question! Whether you need sleep? :becky:

Seriously, thanks for all the great tips.

I am very impressed (if not a little intimidated by your madskillz)

Sylent
03-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Well I had a very fortuitous sequence of events that allowed me to have ample playing time including excess vacation and the Wifey taking a trip with my son and the inlaws.

Major Stains
03-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Well I had a very fortuitous sequence of events that allowed me to have ample playing time including excess vacation and the Wifey taking a trip with my son and the inlaws.

Ah, the Parent Gamers 'Holy Trinity'... Nice!

charlieconway
03-15-2016, 05:42 PM
Many have heard of this phenomenon. Few have ever lived it

Uglyduck213
03-15-2016, 09:25 PM
That was my only question! Whether you need sleep? :becky:

Seriously, thanks for all the great tips.

I am very impressed (if not a little intimidated by your madskillz)

He's a gaming savant and has been since we were kids. Dude crushed every game we ever played on any console he could lay his hands on.

Weasel2248
03-18-2016, 11:15 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160318/b019761ff9a1accd7b8e72796adc0aac.jpg