PDA

View Full Version : Incursion Update Synopsis

Nighthawk2981
03-31-2016, 05:01 PM
So I watched the entire hour Twitch broadcast this afternoon re: the free update coming. I'll compile my notes below, but, basically, there is some good stuff on the way.

APRIL 12

Live date. 13 days. Be there!

First off, I'll hit on the new features. If I misinterpreted something, by all means, clarify it.

The first new feature is loot trading. We will be able to trade loot between the four members as often as we want within a two hour window. I don't think they said how or when the two hour window starts. I also don't remember if trading will be limited to DZ loot or not. That said, DZ loot trading will only be conducted inside checkpoints so that players outside of a group can't try to steal stuff. The way I understood, a group member will drop the item and whomever wants it just picks it up as we do from NPCs. We will also be able to re-trade stuff as much as we want during the 2-hour window.

Secondly, there will be new assignments that will be set up daily and weekly. They will be centered around three themes: DZ, combat, and crafting. They said they won't specifically be activities to complete but rather goals to be obtained. One example they mentioned was to kill X amount of Cleaners. They said rewards will be good and will include Phoenix Credits and Division Tech. My guess is the rewards will rotate and not include one thing or another at any given time.

Next is a spectator camera. When we die, we will be able to pan around our view of the area and provide tactical support to our group. I am not sure if this is just for Incursions, which I will get to, or any time while waiting to respawn.

Next is supply drops in the DZ. They said there will be some new mechanics but were mum on what exactly. Basically, supplies will be air dropped in to random areas of the DZ around the top of every hour. Each drop will be heavily guarded by NPCs. The kicker is that only the first group that claims it gets the loot. This should lead to some exciting firefights. Also, the loot that is obtained will not have to be extracted since it isn't contaminated. They didn't discuss how the "first group" is determined but we don't have long to wait and find out.

Next up are new gear sets. They called these sets "high-end +" gear. There will be four sets of gear: Sentry's Call (geared to marksman builds), Strikers (geared toward combat/assault builds), Tactician's Authority (geared toward skillset builds), and Path of the Nomad (specific build not specified). These gear pieces will be found during Incursions, challenge modes, and in the DZ. Most will be in Challenge modes. However, Path of the Nomad pieces will only be found in the DZ. Each gear set will have it's own talent activated once a certain amount of gear pieces of a given set are equipped and a set bonus will activate once a full gear set is equipped. Finally, once players reach level 30, we will no longer be identified by level 30 but rather by a gear score. This gear score will determine entry into Incursions. Also, there will be trade offs between equipping gear set pieces and other high end gear as some set pieces may have lower stats than gold gear but will activate the talents and set bonuses once a certain number of pieces are equipped.

Finally, Incursions! First of which is called Falcon Lost, which will be an underground water treatment facility where the LMB holed up in.

Incursions will be super challenging and will require strong team tactics, excellent communication, and complementary load outs. It will also require a lot of disruption and crowd control skills and talents. Each play through will be different as far as story pieces, etc. There will be new mechanics in play (one example being drones) and there will be new vehicle bosses and such which will require more than just attacking with guns and skills. Also, there will be matchmaking but it will only match make with other qualified players.

Incursions will have two modes: hard and challenging. Hard mode will require level 31 high end gear. Challenge mode will require gear sets. Hard mode will also have a "recommended" gear score to enter, but challenge mode will require at least a specific gear score.

Incursions will be on a weekly reset timer. The first run of the week will give out better rewards than subsequent, unlimited runs. However, weapons and gear were said to be top notch in all runs with new weapons and gear being introduced into the game as well.

Last note on Incursions: there will be no checkpoints so if the team fails, the whole Incursion has to be started over.

Wow. That was a lot of stuff. Enjoy, and remember, 13 days!

charlieconway
03-31-2016, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the run down! I'm pretty excited. Still got 15 levels of DZ to grind until I'm 50. Hope I'm ready for the Incursion

Uglyduck213
03-31-2016, 11:33 PM
Good intel, thanks. Time to grind the DZ to get those high end blueprints!

Sanitariumpr
04-01-2016, 02:38 AM
thanks for the intel :biggrin1:

TonkaToys
04-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Good find NightHawk! I'd better start grinding as I'm still a lowly 16 at the moment.

Lazzarus
04-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Super excited for this stuff. Plan on hitting 30 tonight and starting to get geared up so I will be ready for the Incursion when it drops.
Loot trade is good news too, there have been to many time already I would have hooked someone up with something I got when I did not want or need it anyways.

Thanks for throwing all that info up Nighthawk !

Spike Forehand
04-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the summary - good stuff.

tanak40
04-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info... The update looks fun, but since I'm not a big fan of what a gank-fest the DZ has turned into (liked the pre-nerf version) I don't see myself making any runs for the drops anytime soon.

Made the mistake of taking my PC main to 30 having only gotten to DZ 22. Stuck at 30/22 and die pretty quick in DZ which has had red skulls every time I ventured in since 1.02. Started a PC alt and will hit DZ a lot at lower levels to work on DZ rank before proceeding to PVE 30, maybe that will help. Same with my XB1 main as well.

Incursions sound like a great way to equip and looking forward to making some runs as a group.

FlyingSquirrel
04-03-2016, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the great summary!

TonkaToys
04-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Made the mistake of taking my PC main to 30 having only gotten to DZ 22. Stuck at 30/22 and die pretty quick in DZ which has had red skulls every time I ventured in since 1.02. Started a PC alt and will hit DZ a lot at lower levels to work on DZ rank before proceeding to PVE 30, maybe that will help. Same with my XB1 main as well.

Ooh is that a tactic I should use? I thought it would be better to get a higher level outside and then go into the DZ.

IDieALot
04-04-2016, 05:47 AM
I did the exact same thing... fixed it by staying in dz1 and just kill (and die) a lot..

Sanitariumpr
04-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Ooh is that a tactic I should use? I thought it would be better to get a higher level outside and then go into the DZ.

At least how I was leveling.. And it felt working well, leveling PvE and keeping Dark Zone rank around same level.

When I hit level 30 I was level 26-27 Dark Zone rank.

TonkaToys
04-04-2016, 06:11 AM
:tea: (nearest thing to a cheers smiley, and rather apt for a Brit)

Looks like I'll be going into the DZ tonight then for my second ever foray!

:behindsofa:

Sanitariumpr
04-04-2016, 08:35 AM
:tea: (nearest thing to a cheers smiley, and rather apt for a Brit)

Looks like I'll be going into the DZ tonight then for my second ever foray!

:behindsofa:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160404/e3f600bb49d73ef2dc3790fe676f5fc8.jpg

Remember this inside the Dark Zone