PDA

View Full Version : New Hutt Contract Item - Mandalorian Strength (Berserker)

nightwalker9911
04-19-2016, 01:27 PM
FYI - Just noticed that the Berserker Trait card is now unlockable on the companion app...Don't remember seeing this yesterday.

TonkaToys
04-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Cheers - what does it do? I don't want to see my stormtrooper ripping off his armour and chewing on his breastplate whilst running naked into battle. It's bad enough that they allow stormtroopers without helmets.

Ullrsdog
04-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Cheers - what does it do? I don't want to see my stormtrooper ripping off his armour and chewing on his breastplate whilst running naked into battle. It's bad enough that they allow stormtroopers without helmets.

1- small blaster damage increase when hurt
2- medium blaster damage increase when hurt
3- medium blaster damage increase when hurt and increased damage resistance

Ullrsdog
04-20-2016, 11:44 AM
FYI - Just noticed that the Berserker Trait card is now unlockable on the companion app...Don't remember seeing this yesterday.

Purchased!

8,000 credits. must reach level 3 with any trait 5 times.

JockoPablo
04-22-2016, 08:01 AM
I purchased it but I'll be lucky to ever get it. I think I've hit level 3 on a trait only a few times ever. I was trying really hard last night playing Expansion in Outer Rim but I only made it to level two a couple of times.

TonkaToys
04-22-2016, 09:49 AM
I know what you mean. Scout seems easiest to me, but you've got to pick your favourite map, mode and weapon to get it.

beastbaran
04-22-2016, 10:20 AM
I think Extraction is one of the harder modes to hit level 3 on for me, as I play that mode to win, and playing Extraction to win means you generally are going to die a lot.

I have hit level 3 most frequently on WA when doing the following: Play cautiously from the start. Equip scout and hide out and spam scan pulse to get the jump on people. Repeat.

Indiana_Jim
04-22-2016, 01:02 PM

That'd be a really cool emote, though...

TonkaToys
04-25-2016, 07:23 AM
That'd be a really cool emote, though...

I was originally going to say "stormtrooper ripping off his armour and chewing on his helmet whilst running naked into battle" but that brings to mind a completely different image!

doctor_flash
04-25-2016, 12:44 PM
I tried this trait out this weekend and I didn't really like it. I liked the extra damage it gave me in a fire fight, but what I didn't like was how long it took my health to come back up from said fire fight. Anyone else experience this? Might be better for bigger maps. I was playing Extraction mode so that could've been part of my frustration lol

Ullrsdog
04-25-2016, 02:02 PM
I purchased it but I'll be lucky to ever get it. I think I've hit level 3 on a trait only a few times ever. I was trying really hard last night playing Expansion in Outer Rim but I only made it to level two a couple of times.

my set up for this...Get onto a map that has something you can camp...say cargo, extraction, WA uplink...I usually run scout so I can sneak into the location. Then blast everyone dead with something like the DH-17 (my new favorite) once you hit 3 then die! when you re-spawn you'll be at trait 2 so you only need 3 kills to get back to level 3. I did this playing 2 rounds, one on the Outer Rim Cargo (I selected cargo from the start menu knowing that after Cargo came Extraction in the rotation) I got to level 3 twice in the first game using this method. Then in Extraction I started as the rebels on Hutt's Palace...this is my favorite map to play as a Rebel in Extraction. Stay hard left when you spawn as you walk through the curved hallway you'll come to an intersection of halls, one goes into the Kitchen behind the Palace Great Room the other goes towards the prison cells / Rangor pit / upstairs to the Great Room Loft. If you look down the hall to the prison cells you can hold down the area as the Imperials try to rush the area to flank the rebels...

If you use the far left side as an Imperial on the same map you can hold down the hot tub area to the left stairwell that the cargo has to go up before reaching the final checkpoint. I head glitch inside the hot tub and watch the stairs that all the rebels try to come up and use as a flanking route.

I have a video (as a rebel) I uploaded the other day, I wanted to publish it to the community page but couldn't figure it out...I may publish to YT and then just link it here. I'll work on that tonight so this makes more sense.

nightwalker9911
04-25-2016, 03:08 PM
I finally got it this weekend and played a few matches with it...Not really impressed, nor did I really see a difference in the amount of damage it produced. I think if I am going to use it in the future, I'm going to need to figure out what map(s) and mode(s) it will best suit my play style.

doctor_flash

I tried this trait out this weekend and I didn't really like it. I liked the extra damage it gave me in a fire fight, but what I didn't like was how long it took my health to come back up from said fire fight. Anyone else experience this? Might be better for bigger maps. I was playing Extraction mode so that could've been part of my frustration lol

Flash, try using the Adrenalin card to help speed boost your health recoup. I tried it and it did make it faster...

Indiana_Jim
04-25-2016, 03:25 PM
I prefer the Scout on big long maps or Blast, or in the case of rush modes like Supremacy or Turning Point I prefer Survivalist. I posted a YouTube video of why I like that card better. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8TvtGrY90

beastbaran
04-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Unlocked this guy last Friday night, and tried it a few times on and off. I can definitely see the appeal for some, but I am more comfortable with Scout, which I've been using so long that it has become part of how I approach the game.

JockoPablo
04-26-2016, 08:46 AM
I still haven't earned it yet. Sigh. I've made it to level 2 on my trait a few times since buying the contract but that's it.

doctor_flash
04-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Flash, try using the Adrenalin card to help speed boost your health recoup. I tried it and it did make it faster...

That's a great idea and I should've thought of that lol. I'll give that a shot and see if it makes it any better. I like having my scan pulse or explosive shot though so this trait might just collect some dust in my game at least.

beastbaran
04-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Unlocked this guy last Friday night, and tried it a few times on and off. I can definitely see the appeal for some, but I am more comfortable with Scout, which I've been using so long that it has become part of how I approach the game.

Kind of long winded, but thought I would share my experience as others seem interested in this trait.

Gave this another go last night, and I have to say that I've changed my tune. Oh my. Once you figure out how to adapt your play style to this trait, it is extremely deadly. Maybe a bit too much so.

Played a few rounds of WA with my brother in law and Rolltide639, and routinely racked up 20+ kills with this trait with mostly single digit deaths. A couple of games I went 40+. I'm not posting these stats to brag. Quite the opposite. I consider myself to be a middle of the road player, but once I got in the zone with this trait, I became a killing machine and felt invincible.

I think we will be seeing more and more skilled players steam roll others with it until it inevitably gets nerfed. In it's current state it is simply too powerful, and difficult (but not impossible) to counter, because the intended weaknesses of the trait contribute to it's strength. "Oh, I take longer to heal, well that's awesome, because when I am not at full health I can one shot almost anything that pops up in my field of vision." Ha. Really good discussion of this going on on the reddit battlefront sub now, BTW. (https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/4gjzwk/the_issue_with_berserker_not_a_complaint_an/) If posting the link to reddit is a no no, I apologize in advance.

I also noticed that it is a pretty flexible trait, particularly once you hit level 3. Pair it with the Adrenalin Stim and you can learn to control your damage intake and play tactically. Pair it with the Explosive Shot and you become a one man wrecking crew and take down groups of enemies at a time. Get the first enemy with explosive shot. He or she, or the enemy next to them, will inevitably land at least one shot on you. This will get your damage bonus going. The rest of the enemies become 1 - 2 hit kills - seemingly with no regard to where the shot landed. I was able to clear a hallway of enemies with only my blaster and an impact grenade on Sorosuub on multiple occasions.

So anyway, kind of a long post, but thought I would share. If you've given up on it or given up on unlocking it, I'd say give it another whirl. It's definitely worth it, and it's definitely worth getting in on the fun with it before it is tamed.

JockoPablo
04-28-2016, 08:56 AM
In it's current state it is simply too powerful, and difficult (but not impossible) to counter, because the intended weaknesses of the trait contribute to it's strength.

Agreed, and that seems to be the consensus among most players. I haven't earned the trait yet, and recently I have been unable to kill almost anyone. At first I thought I was just having bad luck or bad games, but I have a feeling that most of my deaths are coming at the hands of people running Berserker.

I almost always run Scout so I can sneak up on people and get as much advantage as I can, but lately even when I spot someone first and open fire from behind or the side I still lose the firefight.

Berserker has pretty much broken the game for me.

beastbaran
04-28-2016, 09:33 AM
At first I thought I was just having bad luck or bad games, but I have a feeling that most of my deaths are coming at the hands of people running Berserker.

Over the last week or two I have most definitely noticed a trend in matches becoming lopsided. I am either on the team dishing it out or on the receiving end of some real massacres.

Berserker has pretty much broken the game for me.

I feel your pain. As I said, I am pretty much an average player. Running into really skilled players using this trait is not fun at all, but I think it will get adjusted. There's simply too much discussion about it in the community.

I've found the best tactic for countering it to be running scout, staying by cover, and using scan pulse to give myself awareness of my immediate surroundings and get the jump on the Berserkers.

beastbaran
04-29-2016, 08:59 AM
I was on the opposite end of this last night. Hopped on for 15 minutes, got steam rolled by a bunch of capable Berserkers (All the tell tale signs: 1-2 hit kills, not dying from head shots, Adrenaline Stim and ES in their hands). Turned off the XBOX, fell asleep on the couch watching the Celtics and Hawks game, and got a good night's sleep for a change.

nightwalker9911
04-29-2016, 10:40 AM
So I gave Berserker another try last night, and this time I noticed a big difference. Definitely a candidate to get "Nerf'd" in the next update...I hit level 3 a few times in one game of Extraction last night and pretty much dominated the entire match. (I'm an average player, and SWBF is my first FPS Game that I have really played in excess...)

I will say it is frustrating when going up against other "more skilled" players that are using this trait, but I have started to notice that if you have distance, patience, and cover it is more "manageable" to take them down.

TonkaToys
04-29-2016, 12:07 PM
... got a good night's sleep for a change.

What! I think that is against the rules isn't it?

JockoPablo
05-02-2016, 07:21 AM
I finally earned the trait this past weekend thanks to some cautious Walker Assault play to get my trait to level 3 a few more times.

I didn't feel indestructible or even over-powered when running Berserker, but there were a few firefights I know I survived only because of that trait.

nightwalker9911
05-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Glad you finally were able to get it...It took me a few games to get used to it (and to adjust my play style), but once I did...Man did it make a huge difference. I think it's going to be one of my "Go-To's"...at least until they nerf it that is...Which will probably happen in the next update...