PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands?

FlyingSquirrel
05-16-2016, 04:32 AM
Are there any team mp'ers who still play borderlands(1,2 or preq)?

I love the games, but miss playing it with likeminded people. Random matches are usually full of "mouth breathers" as Tannis would have put it

I've got a whole week of holiday to fill:-)

donhardeone
05-16-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm always game to fire up any one of the Borderlands games. Unfortunately, I play XB1 though...not PC.

Retro
05-16-2016, 12:07 PM
I have them, still barely touched them.

donhardeone
05-16-2016, 01:40 PM

That's a shame. One of my favorite franchises honestly...not everybody's cup of tea though.

DeadChaos
05-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Still have Borderlands 1 and 2 GOTY edition on PS3. Was considering getting it on PS4 but just don't have the time for another game.

FlyingSquirrel
05-16-2016, 03:54 PM

In the steam library, retro?

Quite similar to the division in play style, but in my opinion better. But They really do need a buddy or three to shine. and a somewhat Crass sense of humour: "Butt stallion" the diamond pony isn't funny to all. Who would have guessed? :-)

Don, shame about the console....

donhardeone
05-16-2016, 04:11 PM
...and a somewhat Crass sense of humour: "Butt stallion" the diamond pony isn't funny to all....

My wife actually bought me a little desk statue of Butt Stallion. It's an interesting conversation piece at the office...

Co-worker: What the heck is that?
Me: Well, that is a diamond encrusted pony.
Co-worker: Um, okay...
Me: It's name is 'Butt Stallion.' So what did you need?
Co-worker: Ummmmm...nothing man...I think I'm good...nevermind.

HardlyCapable13
05-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Co-worker: What the heck is that?
Me: Well, that is a diamond encrusted pony.
Co-worker: Um, okay...
Me: It's name is 'Butt Stallion.' So what did you need?
Co-worker: Ummmmm...nothing man...I think I'm good...nevermind.

:pound:

FlyingSquirrel
05-17-2016, 01:54 AM
My wife actually bought me a little desk statue of Butt Stallion. It's an interesting conversation piece at the office...

That is just amazing. It's just been added to the wish List! Although the wife will (continue to) think me a simpleton. She really goes: are you playing "pew pew" tonight? At least she gets the gist of th games haha

DeadChaos
01-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Picked up Borderlands 2 and Pre- Sequel bundle on sale so if anyone still plays this on PS4 let me know. This will be my 3rd play-through of Borderlands 2! Completed PS3 and Vita versions.

wesleytomaz
01-11-2017, 05:53 AM
I was actually curious about this: playing co-op campaings with the MPs.
Since I'm new to the clan, and barely had any time to play anything with my fellow MPs, I was wondering how you manage to do it.
I'm much more a campaign than a "quick match" person. But then again, people who play Destiny, The Division, Borderlands, MMORPGs etc. cooperativelly with clan members: do you play everyday? Schedule a steady weekday for playing? Or do you just go on playing and people jump in whatever part of the campaign you are?
I would definately be game for playing Borderlands games. Still haven't played any of them, but they seem to be very good.
Destiny, even. But then I'm afraid I could start playing and, due to gaps in availability, people will quickly outlevel each other.
How does this usually go with you?

TonkaToys
01-11-2017, 07:08 AM
I've only got borderlands on PS3 as part of PS+.

To answer your question Wes, people normally just see who is on and jump into their games.

However, for Destiny we often used to schedule a time and everyone would get together then to complete a raid.
It takes a little bit of organisation, but we did it through the forums here.

There are also calendars on this site where you can post an event and people sign up to it... check out the menu tabs above (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/calendar.php?calendarid=2), but you still need to publicise it in advance on the forums.

Alternatively you can create a PS4 Event and send invites out that way.

Hope that helps!

DeadChaos
01-11-2017, 07:10 AM
What I normally do in Borderlands is have a character that I play solo when no one is available and other characters that I only play with others. So if we each create a character and only play those two when online together out leveling will not be problem. Otherwise one high level can just power level the low level....or I just jump in with whatever character level is a best match to the host.

Borderlands 2 has loads of content, different characters, different skill builds and of course loot. Best and easiest campaign co op I have played, just drop in and out with no problems. Once you have completed the campaign you can do it again on true vault hunter but you keep all your skills and weapons (everything carries over), only difference is the enemies are much harder to scale with your gear...after that it's Ultimate vault hunter.

Played this game to death on PS3 and Vita and still enjoying it. Saves can also be carried over but I decided to start fresh to get the trophies again just to give Southtown and Tonka a hard time.

I'll try and record some gameplay this weekend and post it.

DeadChaos
01-24-2017, 07:36 AM
Ran into this good looking Psycho last night.

http://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16142541_10155164935672150_7704110400105408320_n.j pg?oh=74225a137dcc789bb06c51a939bf8336&oe=591CB517

Sorry I had to leave Iceman, normally only play for a hour or less during the week.

wesleytomaz
01-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Just purchased the Handsome Collection for PS4. It's on the Essentials Sale on PS Store.

Anyone up for beginning a new campaign from square one?

DeadChaos
01-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Sure, did not carry over my saves from PS3/Vita so all my characters are still low level on Borderlands 2.