PDA

View Full Version : Rio Olympics 2016

TonkaToys
08-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Anyone watching the Olympics?

Gutted that GB missed out on its first Fencing medal for 52 years because of a dodgy umpire and a Russian drugs cheat :fencing:
I have no justification for calling the umpire dodgy nor for calling the Russian a drugs cheat, other than the fact I am pissed off.

Enjoyed the ladies Rugby Sevens quite a bit; looking forward to seeing the men's matches.

Road Cycling was good too; sure hope that Dutch lady is OK! Last I read she was at least still breathing.

TonkaToys
08-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Enjoyed the ladies Rugby Sevens quite a bit...

I was going to post something inappropriate about tackle, uprights and balls... but thought better of it

DeadChaos
08-09-2016, 04:58 AM
I watched some of the women's rugby as well, did not keep track of the ball much. Checked out some swimming and GB vs Aussie hockey.

donhardeone
08-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Haven't stayed on top of it as much as usual. Mainly been watching women's rugby men/women soccer, and the swimming/diving events. We have a lot of athletes from Univ. of Georgia participating in the swim/dive events, as well as our team coach being an assistant there. 48 UGA athletes in total this Olympics!

DeadChaos
08-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Sorry guys but Oscar Pistorius won't be able to make the paralympics this year, he is slightly held up in jail at the moment. :nono:

Major Stains
08-09-2016, 12:11 PM
My son and I enjoyed the women's Volleyball last night.
I think USA played well, it was hard to focus on the game. :angel:

Major Stains
08-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Manage to catch some great action from Rio over the weekend.

My personal favourite was watching Justin Rose win gold for GBR after golf took a 112 year break from the games. Despite the Randoms picking up balls and snapping away on their phones during the play, it seemed a hugely popular event over there.

Also enjoying the action from the velodrome, pool and the start of the track and field too.

The winner of the women's trampoline was well deserved and made me smile with her infectious nervous excitement. So nice to see people let their guard down and let the emotions flood out compared to some of the robo-athelete-clones out there.

TonkaToys
08-16-2016, 03:40 AM
I was really pleased for Justin as he was so excited to be there; especially after all the players that refused to go because of the Zika threat.