PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1 Beta

Major Stains
08-15-2016, 02:00 PM
The Battlefield 1 Open Beta Starts on August 31

Ready to go boots on the ground at the dawn of all-out war? It’s almost time – the Battlefield 1 Open Beta begins on August 31 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Origin for PC.

Battlefield Insider members get early access, and if you sign up by August 21, you can join them as some of the first people in the world to play the Battlefield 1 Open Beta. If you’ve already signed up, make sure you go to the Battlefield Insider Page and select your platform preference, otherwise you won’t get a code to play early.

The Battlefield 1 Open Beta will include the Sinai Desert map, a scorching hot battlefield located just East of El-Jifar. From infantry skirmishes in the narrow streets of the village of Bir el Mazar to dogfights above the majestic cliffs, you’ll need to make tactical use of the dunes as you engage in explosive battles. When all hope is lost, reinforcements will arrive in the shape of a powerful Behemoth: a deadly Armored Train charging through the desert sands.

Two modes will be available as well:

Conquest. An all-time fan favorite of Battlefield players, Conquest is a large-scale game mode with up to 64 players fighting for the control of key objectives. With large armies on foot or behind the wheel and the addition of fearsome Behemoths, Conquest brings together all the elements of the signature Battlefield All-Out War.
Rush. A 24-player mode where the Attacking force must find and destroy the Defending force’s Telegraph Posts, which can be used to call in artillery strikes. The Defenders can deny the Attackers their mission by disarming explosives they plant on the telegraph positions. Should the Telegraph Posts be destroyed, the Defenders must fall back to the next sector and protect the Telegraph Posts there.

Get your Squad ready to deploy, because on August 31, you’re going to experience war on an epic scale in Battlefield 1.

Full Aricle here (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-1-beta-dates/last/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymwXbF1VTKU

Major Stains
08-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Feel free to post all Beta news, bugs, spare codes, war stories here folks.

(And I'm away. Thanks EA. Thanks a bunch)

Major Stains
08-30-2016, 02:39 AM
I got my beta code, but unfortunately I've been deployed hundreds of clicks south of my console.
At least I can get it loaded up ready for my return on Friday night.

See you out there MPeeps

Enjoy the beta.

Ullrsdog
08-30-2016, 08:19 AM
I got my beta code, but unfortunately I've been deployed hundreds of clicks south of my console.
At least I can get it loaded up ready for my return on Friday night.

See you out there MPeeps

Enjoy the beta.

I too received my email and code this morning just after 0 dark thirty. I too am deployed about 30 K to the south east however, the Colonel (aka my lovely wife) is downloading the beta for me after she sends the kids off to school this morning. So I'll see you boys out there ASAP tonight. quick run after work then grab a bite to eat and LOG ON!

GRRowl74
08-30-2016, 08:50 AM
Shucks, missed the early access window. When, if ever, will the beta be open for muggles?

REMEC87
08-30-2016, 09:40 AM
I too received my email and code this morning just after 0 dark thirty. I too am deployed about 30 K to the south east however, the Colonel (aka my lovely wife) is downloading the beta for me after she sends the kids off to school this morning. So I'll see you boys out there ASAP tonight. quick run after work then grab a bite to eat and LOG ON!

Beta downloaded this morning and will be on after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 10:17 AM
We'll I signed up to be an insider in May but for some reason did not receive a beta code. So unless I can guess a code it will be tomorrow before I can join y'all unfortunately :(

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 10:44 AM
So contacted support but I'm willing to bet I won't get a response......ah well

RC-1136
08-30-2016, 10:59 AM
I didn't get my code either. Bull Shit Dice.

EDIT: The Beta Code was in my SPAM folder. Sorry Dice, but you still kind of suck

HardlyCapable13
08-30-2016, 11:17 AM
Neither did I, but it's a known fact that EA hates me and wishes I were dead.

GRRowl74
08-30-2016, 11:21 AM
So, here's me coming out as a total shelflife consumer: where do I find this beta-business? Is it open for anyone to join from tomorrow, and if so - where do I go to download?

HardlyCapable13
08-30-2016, 11:30 AM
So, here's me coming out as a total shelflife consumer: where do I find this beta-business? Is it open for anyone to join from tomorrow, and if so - where do I go to download?

It is an open beta starting tomorrow. It will be in the PS/Xbox store.

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Yes anyone can download tommorow.....you can download today if you received a code (I did not). Download from the store

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 11:33 AM
I'm assuming the codes are only good for one time. Be nice if I could use one that was already used. Anyone got an extra code by chance??????😂

HardlyCapable13
08-30-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm assuming the codes are only good for one time. Be nice if I could use one that was already used. Anyone got an extra code by chance??????��

I signed up for both xBone and PS4 and received neither. If I get one for either console I'll post here.

GRRowl74
08-30-2016, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys!

REMEC87
08-30-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm assuming the codes are only good for one time. Be nice if I could use one that was already used. Anyone got an extra code by chance??????[emoji23]

I read that beta codes are specific to each insider and are useless otherwise.

Played one match and a half at lunch today...couldn't get a feel for it and died a lot. Hoping a full squad of MPs will change that.

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 01:58 PM
We'll obviously you should have given me yours :) much better to give than receive they always say! :)
Though Ullrsdog told me you are used to being on the receiving end. There are pitchers and there are catchers he said you normally catch.

Ullrsdog
08-30-2016, 02:03 PM
I read that beta codes are specific to each insider and are useless otherwise.

Played one match and a half at lunch today...couldn't get a feel for it and died a lot. Hoping a full squad of MPs will change that.

I will be online tonight for sure, I have watched a bit of streaming game play and it feels like the BF4 beta where you get hit 3 times at range and drop dead. In the end if you rank to level 15 and play on 3 or 4 days you get a dogtag for use in BF1 so that's my only goal, beyond getting a feeling for the game.

Ullrsdog
08-30-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm assuming the codes are only good for one time. Be nice if I could use one that was already used. Anyone got an extra code by chance??????😂

have to be a shit bucket Colonel to get a code.

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 02:11 PM
I googled battlefield 1 beta codes and tons of people on twitter are saying they have multiple codes to give out.....how do these ass hats get multiple codes when some can't even get one.....it's a conspiracy

REMEC87
08-30-2016, 02:34 PM
I googled battlefield 1 beta codes and tons of people on twitter are saying they have multiple codes to give out.....how do these ass hats get multiple codes when some can't even get one.....it's a conspiracy

I think it's for the best that you didn't get a ticket. We wouldn't want you to miss out on playing with any new operators after all [emoji12]

Major Stains
08-30-2016, 03:44 PM
My email said the codes are linked to your own account and cannot be shared!
Sounds like that is BS if people have multiple codes.

Major Stains
08-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Currently 8 PS4 friends and 1 X1 friend on the early access insider beta.
Hoping to see some comments and views coming in soon. Maybe even some screenshots or footage if it's an Open beta.
Come on folks, what's the verdict?

Ullrsdog
08-30-2016, 04:44 PM
I've never seemed to be competent enough to get the videos loaded to you tube or what not, I'll certainly try to and I'll post tomorrow about initial thoughts. :ak: :ar15:

I am excited to try this out, a new BF title gets me going like Captain Bodington all greased up and sporting his mankini! :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

AK-Muhly7
08-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Ill be on Ps4 tonight playing the beta. Hit me up if you want to play!

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 06:05 PM
I contacted ea support and told them I did not receive a code and they emailed me one.... downloading game now

AK-Muhly7
08-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Killing people on a horse...so. satisfying.

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Ill be on Ps4 tonight playing the beta. Hit me up if you want to play!

I'll be on around 9-930 central....if you see any of the other ones on just join the chat.......unless Remec is in there then don't join he has a very foul odor.

johnnyh1976
08-30-2016, 11:11 PM
Was not sure if I signed up for the early access or not. Low and behold when I checked my emails...there it was!! So much fun crossing paths with some MPs that I have not gamed with in a very long time.

First impressions....visual and sound production is top shelf. That sense of immersion that you get in a Battlefield game is there. Guns seemed decent. Control sensitivity from the default will definitely need some adjustments. I tweaked mine a little and the gameplay seemed to smooth right out.

Knowing that this is a beta, I was running into a lot of lag and screen hitching and freezing tonight. Hopefully that gets ironed out for launch. Other than that, I like the direction of the game a new fresh take in the franchise that still feels like a Battlefield game.

Looking forward to many late nights with you all. Cheers!!

SheepDog320
08-30-2016, 11:39 PM
My first impressions...........I really enjoyed the game for a beta the audio and video were great. I have enjoyed all the guns and like the iron sights. I also tweaked the sensitivity of the controls to 50 percent on left/right sensitivity. The tanks are kinda op but if you run assault (old engineer) and hit him with two of the bulk grenade thingy you will disable then one dinamite and he is destroyed. Didn't fly to or ride a horse much. I spent t one match as ullrsdog gunner and never died. Think I played 7 matches and won all but one I beleive. Went positive on all but one match. The medic class has a dmr type we open that is good for medium range. The assault is great for cqb. The sniper class is going to be a bit annoying at least on this large beta map especially by B flag. Didn't use support much. So I really enjoyed it and will be preordering.

Red Dog 13
08-31-2016, 03:04 AM
Currently 8 PS4 friends and 1 X1 friend on the early access insider beta.
Hoping to see some comments and views coming in soon. Maybe even some screenshots or footage if it's an Open beta.
Come on folks, what's the verdict?

I put quite a few hours in last night but didn't get bored of it, played both Conquest and Rush, I had been concerned about the authenticity, particularly with movement and gadgets, I am pleasantly surprised, the movement feels hard work and laboured with the burden of heavy uniform and kit, visibility is "fogged" by environmental conditions, sand, dust, debris, smoke etc, the vehicles are pretty balanced, the huge landships are awesome as long as you keep them trundling around and repair regularly, they have a canister anti infantry weapon, but they have very limited field of fire so if you get too close in to building and can't manoeuvre you are done for, a group of players with anti tank grenades will very quickly take you down.

Infantry weapons feel great, rates of fire, gun sights etc all feel authentic, the sniper rifle gives off a big scope flash so again don't sit still for too long, the artillery pieces that are scattered about have a great visual sequence, you can train the gun around very slowly and fire off a round, but you then have to reload manually, which triggers a lovely little visual of your arm and hand ejecting the old casing and load a new shell and with a great sound effect, love it!

Air combat, I absolutely love, it is very much down to your flying skill, the planes are authentically slow, in vanilla mode you can put the plane into 3PS mode, but it seems slightly more difficult to gauge your lead on targets when firing, the fighter is manoeuvrable but in FPS mode the visibility through the prop, engine and wings is very limited, a good bomber pilot can wreak devastation on a ground target and tbh when you are on a flag and you see the bomber looming toward you, it is a "holy crap" moment. I am looking forward to a lot more flying, I got into loads of air combat and had a lot of hits on target, but only managed to get one "confirmed kill" there is so much going on you need to be really concentrating, because of the lower speeds and altitude you can get shot at by everything, targets are moving, attack planes and bombers have gunners shooting at you and there are some ground AA air burst guns which can be pretty lethal if they get close to you, oh yes and then there were the mountains! I didn't hit any but I did manage to force a couple of enemy aircraft into them! 👹

The armoured train is a lot of fun, very powerful but can be taken down by good focused team work!

The infantry classes seem good and balanced, although I played mainly support and the anti tank class, with a bit of scout, didn't try the medic class, the movement is certainly not COD and seems slower than BF3/4 which is how I think it should be, I didn't see many players doing the COD running jump and it is quite hard to zig zag effectively, beware the "bayonet charge" very effective but it then puts you into a recovery mode where you can barely walk fast and slightly blurry your vision!

Anyway need to get to work, I like it a lot, if you are heavily into COD and gadgets this will be quite a shock to the system, but the variety of roles, vehicles, weapons, kept me completely hooked, didn't get bored with it, looking forward to getting in with a group of MP's working together.

Cheers Guys!

Major Stains
08-31-2016, 04:45 AM
I'm loving the positive feedback coming in.
Can't wait to give it a go...

HeadsWilSned
08-31-2016, 08:00 AM
Finally a game that rewards my efforts. "Trying" does mean something.

Went 1-9 in one round, frustrated as all hell thinking BF4 here we go again, and would you know it, top of the pops in squad, and nearly all the way to to top of the leaderboards.

I LOVE THIS GAME

Sure it's still very broken, but it is BETA.

I'll be actively looking to hook up with Team MP tonight!

Ullrsdog
08-31-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm loving the positive feedback coming in.
Can't wait to give it a go...

FUCK YOU WEB HOST!

Got booted after writing a bunch of my thoughts...thanks for the games RC, Mech, MOFO, Badger, JohnnyH, Lore and fuck the stupid auto save that only saved a quarter of what I wrote.

I'm now going back to work pissed and deprived of caffeine.

I think a lot has already been said and I am not sure if I'll add anything more to it...

Yes Sheepdog you're welcome for giving you some tips on setting up the controls...don't give me credit WTF you dirty dog! anyway joking aside, yes set up your controls first thing I spawned into a tank first round and was really messed up with the sticks acting as throttle instead of my typical L2 / R2 set up. Before I spawned in as infantry I set the controls to veteran to make sure my melee and prone were intuitive for me.

TANKS ARE OP!!! Not sort of they are seriously OP. If there are a bunch of assault guys on the filed maybe not but in my tank I went 11-1 cold never used it before...sure I had Sheep, Badger, Lore, JohnnyH in tow manning the big guns and taking out artillery and infantry while I self repaired. Repairing means you are a sitting duck but if you have support with you in the tank that makes you much more useful while repairs are coming in. A friend joined on us after a few rounds and i think he went 93-3 in his first two rounds as tank whore, I played with him in a competitive format and he knows how to tank, but that shows how OP it really is.

I only spawned in as Assault (engi) once and have no take on that class.
Medic was good, his DMR style rifle was decent as range but challenging in CQB but no fear whip out the 1911 and CLEAN HOUSE!!! that pistol was great and of course I look forward to more of them. I did notice that med kits like to fall through walls, the ground, roof tops and the like however I didn't have an issue picking up health after I dropped the kit.
Support the LMG has tough iron sights and only 45 rounds but it certainly does it's job in suppression and taking folks out as they rushed around.

Ullrsdog
08-31-2016, 08:09 AM
yes Stains

part of my write up was explaing how I fucked the videos up and now I'm even more tweaked! anyway I'll be trying to post some tomorrow after capturing some more game play tonight. I was too tired to restart the video process and now I'm too angry to care.

Sorry mate lack of sleep and no caffeine....

TonkaToys
08-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Killing people on a horse...so. satisfying.

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/229010fbf2ad41c8f5ac3c584b6667aa8290c47d9381915725 23e693f08fd991_1.jpg

Spike Forehand
08-31-2016, 11:59 AM
Will be good to get back onto the battlefield. I have pretty much officially hit the wall in The Division and as for No Man's Sky - don't get me started.

See you in squad tonight -

Retro
08-31-2016, 12:57 PM
Only short run through, I'll put in some more time tonight. That said, meh. Seems to be just people sitting in OP tanks from their base or snipers along the edges. I'd just play World of Tanks if I wanted that.

Movement doesn't feel slow at all, if anything it feels way too fast and it's like you're floating across the map.

Hopefully put some more time in later, but my first impression, I'll pass.

Gink
08-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Only got in for an hour or so late last night. Haven't played much BF in so long I pretty much went in expecting to get shot in the face over and over. What I got instead was getting insta-killed by horses over and over. Okay, fine. But how many bullets does it take to knock a horse down, seriously? You can't make them an insta kill AND bullet sponges at the same time. Sheesh. Eventually I got a bit better and shooting riders off the horses rather than just seeing scrolling "Injured Horse, Injured Horse, Injured Horse" on my screen.

First impression I didn't much like the UI and was concerned about the similarity to Battlefront. I wanted good ol' gritty Battlefield, not soft graphic loading screens with hollywood film score music. But the gameplay is pretty good, and most importantly, fun.

I was totally thrown by the lack of an Engineer type class. Mostly played Medic, though I don't love the primary weapon, I got better with it pretty quickly. I thought being medic I could at least offer some support while I knocked the rust off my never stellar MP FPS skills. Unfortunately most folks just spam the "skip revive" on death, so I ended up running to corpses just to arrive as they disappeared. Like most BF games, having a full-ish squad makes a huge difference, and having a squad that isn't just a group of lone wolves running off in different directions makes things go a lot better and is more enjoyable.

I enjoyed Rush more than Conquest, though it suffers the same inevitable problems of past games. I probably played 6 rounds and got to attack once. Join server, defend, round ends, most of the attackers quit because they don't want to defend. Repeat until server is nearly empty. Join another server, land on defending side, play the match, attackers quit... rinse and repeat.

The OP of tanks really shows itself in Rush. If the defenders aren't prepared, lose their tanks, etc., they'll be run over pretty quickly. Snipers were annoying, but the serious scope glint cuts down on that somewhat.

So far... it feels more like another BF game than like the gritty, bleak WWI game of my dreams, but it seems like it will be a very fun BF game. Looking forward to checking out the rest of the maps, and playing lots and lots of Rush for the first time in a long time. Hoping that we'll have more members playing late night PST matches, as this will be a blast with a squad of MPs!

Major Stains
08-31-2016, 03:08 PM
Lol, keep the great reviews coming.
You guys are cracking me up on my hols.

Ullrs wrath and Retros nonplussed take on it are perfect!
Just what I expected ;)

Retro
08-31-2016, 03:34 PM
I would have more to offer, but typical DICE product, the servers don't work.

HardlyCapable13
08-31-2016, 04:04 PM
I would have more to offer, but typical DICE product, the servers don't work.

Are you on xBone? They're not using Xbox servers???

TonkaToys
08-31-2016, 04:04 PM
Some douchebag hackers are buggering the servers or something

Retro
08-31-2016, 05:07 PM
Are you on xBone? They're not using Xbox servers???

It's EA servers.

Ullrsdog
08-31-2016, 05:22 PM
Lol, keep the great reviews coming.
You guys are cracking me up on my hols.

Ullrs wrath and Retros nonplussed take on it are perfect!
Just what I expected ;)

I drank enough Caffeine that I am now back to myself...I'll be on tonight in an effort to create my first successful movie post.

donhardeone
08-31-2016, 07:00 PM
Gave it a go for a bit when I got home from work. 3 rounds of Rush (1 attacking, 2 defending). I switched classes fairly often the first two rounds, then stayed sniper most of the last round to get a feel for it since it is usually my worst (and least favorite) class to run with. 3 rounds was barely enough to give in-depth review, but here are a few quick thoughts...

- Server issues out of the gate (else I would have played more) was frustrating
- The pace of the game feels great to me. Not too fast, not too slow...better than I thought it would be.
- Tanks are WAY OP for Rush. Unless I missed something, there is only one way to bring them down: Assault class.
- Sniper weapons seem well-balanced, but bullet-drop is more in-line with BF3/4 than BF:BC2.
- The pistol for the sniper class is weak. Shot a guy three times in the back and got "Enemy injured", but no kill.
- Nobody playing this beta in any of the 3 rounds was using a mic, which was disappointing.
- Shotguns seem well balanced...you can't blast people from across the map, but extremely effective in short to mid-range.
- Horses absorb bullets better than anything I've ever seen...those things need to join the next Avengers movie.
- It is extremely pleasing to shoot someone off their horse.
- The glare for snipers is much more noticeable than prior BFs, which helps balance that class out a bit.

More to come I'm sure, but for now I'm taking a rest.

Red Dog 13
09-01-2016, 06:00 AM
OK well last night there were some serious server issues, but hey it's a Beta! I am putting a lot of work into testing out this game, running every class, all the vehicles, horses, train etc. you name it.

I "game" for stress relief and a bit of fun with friends, I left a party last night because of the moaning and whinging, this is Beta, it ain't perfect, it ain't historically accurate, some people ain't gonna like it, I didn't think I was but I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did, I am having fun and actually laughing out loud!

Got a few rounds in with some old friends last night and we had some laughs, that is what being part of TeamMP used to be about, give the game a chance, it is fun, not perfect and probably never will be, but I think it's a lot of fun.

It takes thinking about, if you are getting pwnd by a heavy tank work out how to take it down, the light tanks run rings around the big guys, gas grenades force the crew out side, mines grouped together deal loads of damage and take tracks off, the anti tank grenades used by three or four players do shit loads of damage.

No it isn't COD, he'll I wouldn't want it to be, it takes tactical thinking, bayonet charges are sooo satisfying, charging around on a horse with a sabre, how much fun is that, a horse is a big powerful beast and fast, why do you think they were used so successfully in battle for so long? If a horse charges you in the open, that is your problem, draw them into areas of building or in the trenches and sandbags, target the rider and don't forget to side step when you kill him, because the horse continues forward with momentum (surprise) and runs you over! And yes a horse which could weigh up to one ton, surprisingly, can kill you when you get hit by it running at 20+ miles per hour!

Enjoy the game for what it is, a fun game with a huge variety of weapons and stuff to try, it isn't historically correct and it will have faults, but hey was our favourite MP game BFBC2 perfect? I think not!

Ullrsdog
09-01-2016, 08:36 AM
ok I'm no editing wiz but I boiled 80 minutes of video down to about 20 minutes, so I took out a lot of the movement between buildings and capture points, to focus on the fun stuff...shooting OP4 in the ass.

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.reed.5220665/videos/vb.1628498662/10209061837776290/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1472710183939712

Borlaxx
09-01-2016, 09:01 AM
I only played a couple of rounds last night, and like most I was running into server issues at first due to those douche bag hackers, but once I got in it seemed to be really smooth and thankfully I didn't run into any of the other glitches people are reporting like spawning in without a weapon. Hopefully none of those issues will be a problem in the final game and are mainly due to it being a beta and not the final build.

I know compared to a lot of you I haven't played much BF, but it pretty much played and controlled exactly like I expected -- like Battlefield set in WWI. The couple games I did play were a lot of fun even when I didn't know WTF I was doing. My first kill was shooting somebody off their horse, followed soon after by being a side gunner in a land ship and shooting a jeep out of mid-air after it jumped off a hill and killing everyone on it. FUN! Also ran down a couple people while on horseback. These are those "only in Battlefield" moments that I wanted from the game.

Haven't played it enough to say if anything is actually OP or if I just have to figure out tactics to deal with things and Git Gud, but I am looking forward to playing it more. Didn't try to join any other MPs with the server issues and I knew I wouldn't be on long, but hopefully I can team up with some of you all tonight or this weekend. It has been a LONG time.

Long story short, the beta is what I expected, that is a good thing, and I'm still looking forward to the final game.

HardlyCapable13
09-01-2016, 11:38 AM
It seems that, for the most part, consumers have lost touch with what the purpose of a beta is.

Anyway, yesterday and last night were riddled with server issues. The couple times I spawned in a game, I had no weapons! I gave up shortly after trying, as I'd read they were suffering from DDOS attacks. Not what you want when running a beta trying to squash bugs.

I got in one round this morning just to whet my appetite, and loved it. Gun (I played medic) felt great, game looked good, and sound was top notch. Everything ran smooth, I didn't encounter any bugs. I had quite a bit of "lag" when hitting the start button, and backing out from that screen. Also a few other texture pop-ins, but I look past that as it's a beta.

Overall, I'm happy with it. I do think I like the historic era of war games more than the modern or future (BF 1943, BC2 Vietnam). Looking forward to full release.

Retro
09-01-2016, 12:03 PM
These are demo's. They can call them beta's all they want, but they are in fact mutiplayer demo's. Calling it a beta is just the marketing & PR departments way of deflecting anything negative with an implication that the game is still in heavy development.

HardlyCapable13
09-01-2016, 12:04 PM
These are demo's. They can call them beta's all they want, but they are in fact mutiplayer demo's. Calling it a beta is just the marketing & PR departments way of deflecting anything negative with an implication that the game is still in heavy development.

Ok then.

Borlaxx
09-01-2016, 12:29 PM
It says in the disclaimer that it isn't the final build of the game. That doesn't sound like a demo to me.

Retro
09-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Ok then.
Do you really believe these are actual beta's? They launch in a month and a half.

Retro
09-01-2016, 12:32 PM
It says in the disclaimer that it isn't the final build of the game. That doesn't sound like a demo to me.

Most demo's in the past use to have a similar disclaimer too. Obviously they can still tune the game to a point and patch some bugs or glitches. But basically what you are playing is what the game will be.

HardlyCapable13
09-01-2016, 12:56 PM
A beta can be done up until the minute of release. Timing doesn't matter. This COULD be the final build (even if scaled back) and still be a beta to find bugs.

Retro
09-01-2016, 01:24 PM
A beta can be done up until the minute of release. Timing doesn't matter. This COULD be the final build (even if scaled back) and still be a beta to find bugs.

And there is the problem with so many games releasing in bad shape, the belief that it's OK to still be doing testing to find bugs within the release window. If people are comfortable with that, cool, but I bet they'll also be screaming the loudest if/when the game releases in the same state as BF4.

I haven't seen anything bad with BF1, it seems to play really well. The DDOS attacks are not something any company can really do too much about, nature of the beast, they will happen so long as lonely douche-bag basement dwelling nerds with too much time on their hands exist.

I just didn't find the game to be fun. :noidea: Maybe I'm just currently burnt out on BF or shooters in general.

Spike Forehand
09-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Isn't it also very possible that the game build - i.e. what ships on disc - is final, but the beta is to test the multiplayer servers?

Definitely hoping like hell that they don't have as screwed up of a release as BF4.

I haven't ordered yet, and probably won't until launch day. Just can't imagine me not buying any BF game though cause of the hours of fun I've had with MP's in every single prior release (even including HL).

HardlyCapable13
09-01-2016, 01:34 PM
the belief that it's OK to still be doing testing to find bugs within the release window.

That's the whole point of a RC beta. Just because they're not telling you it's a release candidate, doesn't mean it isn't some sort of a beta...

Anyway, my whole point was to all these idiots on the interwebz crying about it being broke and servers down (which, funny enough, has NOTHING to do with the build of the game).

I just didn't find the game to be fun. :noidea:

I respect that. Only one match so far for me, hoping to get some more time today.

Retro
09-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Isn't it also very possible that the game build - i.e. what ships on disc - is final, but the beta is to test the multiplayer servers?

^^^^Yup. I definitely see them testing the servers. But I also see these so called beta's today being more about marketing the game rather than actual testing. It's all part of that "hype train". Keep the media and players talking about it.

Psalm
09-01-2016, 02:04 PM
played a bit yesterday... I enjoyed it. I couldn't joina squad due to them all being full...so that sucked.
I feel like I was getting dropped realy quick by some guns, yet had a hard time dropping anyone. That is never good.

Borlaxx
09-01-2016, 02:13 PM
I feel like I was getting dropped realy quick by some guns, yet had a hard time dropping anyone. That is never good.
I was getting kills pretty consistently with the default rifle with the medic class, but the automatic default gun for the assault class seemed to be firing spit balls rather than bullets. From what I have read it seems like single-shot guns are the way to go to get quick kills as long as you can aim, with the automatics being more for spraying and praying.

HeadsWilSned
09-01-2016, 02:31 PM
That's the whole point of a RC beta. Just because they're not telling you it's a release candidate, doesn't mean it isn't some sort of a beta...

Anyway, my whole point was to all these idiots on the interwebz crying about it being broke and servers down (which, funny enough, has NOTHING to do with the build of the game).

I respect that. Only one match so far for me, hoping to get some more time today.

I'm very pleased. The game sounds incredible. The visuals are insanely immersive. And does it feel like previous battlefields... well I'm as bad in this as all the others so I suppose it gets that tick as well - can't wait for the full game.

Gink
09-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Got in another handful of rounds last night. Didn't hit any connection issues, maybe due to my timezone, but didn't have any scoreboard, progress, etc after the rounds. This made defending 4 rounds to every 1 round of attacking even less bearable than usual.

Decided to do some tanking/anti-tanking though and had some enjoyable moments there. Gunned for a decent driver and we held the very last telegraph/mcomm to eek out a win.

Not ever seeing a K/D led me to be rather reckless with my dynamite a few times. Tanks aren't super hard to take down. I was usually going after them by myself while everyone else hid and managed to destroy a few. Biggest problem was lack of ammo. Not paying enough attention I found myself dancing around a tank with no dynamite or grenades left. Funny how long you can wander around in their blind spots. I stood on top of one the other night... too bad I was a medic at the time.

Finished off with a couple rounds of conquest and ended up with a few folks with mics and a team that about half the folks listened and worked together. Needless to say we dominated.

Added a few more horses to my kill tally. But seriously, even with the side gun on a tank it took a lot of rounds to take them down. Horses are a fun mechanic, but I'd really like to see riders getting thrown off them when the horse gets hit with a half dozen rounds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

HardlyCapable13
09-01-2016, 08:51 PM
I seriously think snipers are going to make me quit BF all together. It happened with 3, 4, and quickly with Hardline. Happening here too. Think they should limit to only a few sniper spots per team; or at least have customizable rentable servers.

HeadsWilSned
09-02-2016, 12:00 AM
I seriously think snipers are going to make me quit BF all together. It happened with 3, 4, and quickly with Hardline. Happening here too. Think they should limit to only a few sniper spots per team; or at least have customizable rentable servers.

I wouldn't worry just yet, I know how you feel though, especially those base camping shoot you across the map snipers. But with the new scoring and progression system, never you mind the gun mechanics, it's not going to pay them like bf3/4 does. I hope I'm not wrong, otherwise I'll have to stay close to 2 or 3 flags and leave the open planes for the adventurous LOL

TonkaToys
09-02-2016, 05:38 AM
I wish I could get in and try it like you guys!

I have managed to play part a game, twice; but was kicked out midway through both (usually just as I was starting to get into the swing of things).

Since the initial day, I have not managed to get past the loading screen at all, and in most cases have crashed on the welcome screen or earlier.

I've now deleted and reinstalled four times (thank goodness I have an unlimited internet connection) and it still hasn't worked.

I'm calling it a day on the "beta" (speechmarks to keep Retro happy), and am worried about my pre-order (just reading the pre-order discussion now).

I'm looking forward to reading about your exploits guys and hopefully will get some reassurance that the network issues will stabilise.

donhardeone
09-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Dang, sorry you're having a rough go at getting to play the beta Tonka.

For me, snipers haven't been nearly as bad in the beta as they were for BF4. Maybe I'm just lucky. I do see a LOT more of them in Rush mode than in Conquest, which honestly is somewhat expected. The additional glare makes them easily identifiable from a pretty long way out, and there are enough items and foxholes for me to hide and avoid them when in the more open areas of the map. In conquest, avoid 'D' like it has a bad case of herpes...only death happens at that flag in conquest...it's not worth it. There are a fair number of snipers that stay out in A and E flags to snipe from distance, so I make a point to get the tank early and got knock down the buildings in those spots. Then you know they are going to be in the rock formations between F and G, just stay close to the walls and when you leave the wall, turn around and look up into the formations...you can usually pick them off pretty easily.

donhardeone
09-02-2016, 08:10 AM
My feedback on the BF1 beta so far can be easily summed up in the following recap of a conversation last night...

We were complaining about how a horse took two direct shots from a tank and survived. Then LandShark jumped in asking about how the beta was. A chorus of MPs starting saying things about the game that made it worth buying...several of us said multiple things. Then we kept bouncing between a mix of ":censored: I hate this crap" and "This is so much fun, and I love how they did ______" up to past midnight.

Summary:
- So yeah, it is certainly not a perfect beta and there are things that need to be tweaked.
- MPs new and old were on there talking, joking, and having a great time.
- I kept jumping from one thing to another that I loved about the game.

This is certainly a purchase for me. I joined this community to play BF with some people and have a good time. This game is a nice change of pace from BF3/4/H. It has satisfying melee kills (mainly bayonet), flamethrowers (think Vietnam but better), and horses (who are as invincible as Mighty Mouse). Checks all the right boxes for me. While I am certain there will be a plethora of server issues early on that will have me griping on these forums later, I'll still buy it and play the crap out of it at least for a while (longer if other MPs play) because at my core I just enjoy Battlefield games...and I feel like this is a solid additional to the series based off what little I have seen so far.

Scottgun00
09-02-2016, 11:45 AM
This is certainly a purchase for me. I joined this community to play BF with some people and have a good time.

Yes! BF makes social interaction quite easy and functions well in either mood of pro or casual. Everything else is pretty forgiveable, even the immortal horses. :)

One thing they are going to need to balance is the airplanes. Right now they are fun but in general a negligible contribution to map victory (granted, they can prevent an objective flip in a pinch). The result is that planes are being used as a cheesy fast-travel and with a bomber you can drop three people behind enemy lines like you're the freakin' 101st Airborne. The either need to remove the chutes or make planes too strategically valuable to throw away like that.

HardlyCapable13
09-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Everything aside, I've had this preordered and installed for weeks already. Like said above, it's a great social MP game.

The sniper issue: it doesn't seem as bad as previous titles....yet. But still, it ruins the fun for me. There are just far too many. Again, I'd love it if they would limit each team to say 2 snipers.

Spike Forehand
09-02-2016, 01:10 PM

Depends how concerned about kdr you are. Mine sucks so bad it's nice to be able to just blame it on the camping snipers!! :director: Plus, it's so delicious when you sneak up behind them for the melee and the teabag. (BTW - Wish that BF would bring back the dog tag collection from BFBC2.) Last night I even ran one of those mini tank/armored car things up into the hills and road killed one little prick. I loved that.

I got in and played a half dozen or so matches with the old MP vets that it was a blast to game with again - RC, Beeano, Lore, Remec, Ullrsdog, JohnnyH - along with some of the newer guys like scottgun and sheepdog. We mostly won until me. Lore, and Scott we got switched to the opposite team and got our ass beat handily.

As for the game itself, seemed typically battlefield-ish but with a little bit of a SWBF feel due to the new frostbite 3 graphics engine. Definitely had connection problems and it was pretty unstable, so I predict that we will all bitch like crazy about it at launch but play the shit out of it nonetheless cause that's what we do when there's a new BF game.

Oh - and beheading a guy with a saber while on horseback fucking rules!! :cavalry:

GRRowl74
09-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Just for you, DC ;)

http://youtu.be/QZ-a_VcXI60

Major Stains
09-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Returned home to the downloaded beta, with 16 MPs online playing it.
Flicked it on and joined MoFo, Heads and Gray on the sidelines in a party chat.
Had an absolute blast. Loved it. Even squeezing a 2/0 kdr out of several games.
Introduced MoFo to 'Stains 5 Second Club' (how long you live in a vehicle with me).
Definitely don't regret my preorder.

Viva la Battlefield!

That is all.

donhardeone
09-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Several great rounds with Blackwater, HB, Hellstorm, and others. The tanks continue to be a bit OP in my view, but aside from that I have very few things I can complain about with the game. Having great fun.

GRRowl74
09-03-2016, 04:54 AM
Love the easy way you can join friends and set up parties. You can even lock your squad so we can reserve a place for an MP who's joining later. Thanks for the games btw to Ullrsdog, first time I met you ingame I think :) A lot of MP first encounters lately, which is a good sign of life in this beautiful little big group of gamers.

Love the horses, when I'm riding one. When I get cut down, not so much, but still cool though :)

Major Stains
09-03-2016, 05:33 AM
Just for you, DC ;)

Nice retribution for those camping desert dogs!

Thanks for the games btw to Ullrsdog, first time I met you ingame I think :) A lot of MP first encounters lately, which is a good sign of life in this beautiful little big group of gamers.

You popped your UDog cherry! Hope he shared some of his special cookies to mark the occasion?

Yeah, great to game with so many new faces as well as the old farts ;)

johnnyh1976
09-03-2016, 08:42 AM
So...after 4 late nights of playing, have to say that I like what I've played so far. I missed out on BF4 on the Playstation but had some fun with it on the Xbox side of Team MP.

I joined Team MP in 2009ish....and my first Battlefield experience was with Bad Company 2 and the group of MPs met there....it grew with BF3 and onwards......so the main thing that made this week fun was reconnecting with the friends that make playing Battlefield my go-to FPS....Spike, RC, Remec, Ullrsdog, Beano, Badger, Lore, and last night Dinsdale....been too long guys. Also some new faces....er....voices, Sheepdog, BadKarma, Breaking Nobody...and any others that I may have missed.....was great to share some early Battlefield 1 moments with you all and looking forward to many more. (...."CHEEDDAAAH!!!!!")

As for the game itself...it's in beta so hopefully DICE makes some tweaks before launch. But I love what I've played. I mostly ran support and had fun with the bullet-hose MGs. Started on the medic class last night and those guns are very punchy. Got some tags last night from melee and my first bayonet charge....so satisfying. Tanks may be OP but last night as a group we were able to work together and take them down. Snipers everywhere but as long as you avoid the sniping lanes you're fine for the most part.

One thing that I find funny is the visual presentation....SWBF was viewed as Battlefield re-skinned....now BF1 is toted as SWBF reskinned.....honestly I'm cool with that as the engine has been worked for the current consoles...the sandstorm, the little valley in the mountains by "Golf" and "Freddie" are very easy on the eyes. As long as the launch goes well, then we're going to have a long lasting, late night inducing game on our hands.

donhardeone
09-03-2016, 11:06 AM
As much as I love Rush mode, but man it can be brutal to defend when the blueberries are idiots with your only tank. I had a match earlier where I was facing two heavy tanks and a light tank because blueberries lost ours. Needless to say, it was a bloodbath. If defending team is smart with their tank and/or have a team that plays something other than sniper (and can blow up the tanks), it's extremely well-balanced mode though.

GRRowl74
09-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Just wanted to take a ride.

http://youtu.be/KRakOdVgAVI

Scottgun00
09-03-2016, 02:23 PM
I had to look it up. :) Blueberry: named for the blue icon over someone on your side but not in your squad. Usually derogatory.

GRRowl74
09-03-2016, 03:16 PM
http://youtu.be/-mi6kXGNkeY

HeadsWilSned
09-03-2016, 03:22 PM
http://youtu.be/-mi6kXGNkeY

OMG that's just the best

Scottgun00
09-03-2016, 03:48 PM
OMG that's just the best

Yep. Like I said, people are using planes as a cheesy fast-travel mode.

Major Stains
09-03-2016, 05:53 PM
I had to look it up. :) Blueberry: named for the blue icon over someone on your side but not in your squad. Usually derogatory.

There was me thinking they were Ullrs secret ingredient in his special muffins!

Using jets as $1 billion taxis in BF4? Guilty as charged your honour!

AK-Muhly7
09-03-2016, 07:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0b99yuF3I

SheepDog320
09-03-2016, 08:01 PM

Nice mofo.....I've been working nights all weekend hope to catch some games tommorow night

HeadsWilSned
09-04-2016, 02:28 AM

I was mostly referring to the editing

GRRowl74
09-04-2016, 03:16 AM

Can't play this one, is it just me?
Edit: Got it, just had to copy the URL out.

That's some grade A shooting, MoFo! If you give aiming classes, then sign me up ;)

Major Stains
09-04-2016, 04:09 AM

Outstanding trigger work there soldier. Rather fight with you than against you.

Had some great games last night with Heads, Jssk, Ullrsdog and more than I can't think of at the moment.
Still enjoying it enough to endur the monotony of the one map, although the desert outpost E does seem a bit lost out there on its own.
It could do with a small network of trenches to add a bit of variety out there. Or what would work well is a 'pre-laid' minefield to prevent a random charge across the dunes.

GRRowl74
09-04-2016, 06:53 AM
the desert outpost E does seem a bit lost out there on its own.

Hey! Don't knock Edward! Got a 5.0 k/d out there one round. Plus I had time to check Facebook, Twitter, Insta, Snap, MySpace(wasn't there!), clip ma toenails, take a nap, knit a sweater...

I'd make a video about it, but you'd fall asleep.

r4vje83NL
09-04-2016, 09:08 AM
I have taken off the aim assist in BF1 ... now i know its all pure skill and no luck when i kill somebody :)

GRRowl74
09-04-2016, 09:37 AM
I have taken off the aim assist in BF1 ... now i know its all pure skill and no luck when i kill somebody :)

Impressive. Do let us know when that happens ;)
As for me, I think I need all the help I can get.

Spike Forehand
09-04-2016, 09:37 AM

Nice job.

It would probably take me now until launch day to get that many kills. I am the crappiest sniper alive.

Anyone else think the death animations in this game are the best ever - awesome.

Major Stains
09-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Anyone else think the death animations in this game are the best ever - awesome.

Agreed. And the little animations when you mount a horse etc. Nice attention to detail.
The only one that catches me out is the one to climb a rock or something. It dips out of frame like you are about to get your throat slit from ear to ear. Catches me out everytime. And climbing down ladders feels a little weird after R6.

HeadsWilSned
09-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Impressive. Do let us know when that happens ;)
As for me, I think I need all the help I can get.

You and me both, can't hit em with optics and assist, yet I feel like my character model is running around with a bobblehead - hell that's a whole new meaning behind Heads! LOLZ

GRRowl74
09-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Up close and personal with r4vje.
http://youtu.be/b5czNtXZrtA

DeadChaos
09-05-2016, 04:00 AM
Just for you, DC ;)

This is probably the first thing I noticed in my first match. Should have put a few extra bullets in their corpses or stabbed them and hang their dog tags around your neck....damn snipers.

Not played too much of the beta but every time I try and join a match from the friends list it fails. Only managed to get into one MP's squad with Heads and another with Ullrsdog but in opposite teams and the matched ended after about 1 minute.

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14088394_10154694802802150_7821724359886212564_n.j pg?oh=f55bbe7656166ff31568a73c8b559d2e&oe=5881293B

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14199329_10154694801887150_8191730174605512470_n.j pg?oh=464acd25de9abb2335fee75ebb349b30&oe=584E16EF

HeadsWilSned
09-05-2016, 06:10 AM
http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14088394_10154694802802150_7821724359886212564_n.j pg?oh=f55bbe7656166ff31568a73c8b559d2e&oe=5881293B

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14199329_10154694801887150_8191730174605512470_n.j pg?oh=464acd25de9abb2335fee75ebb349b30&oe=584E16EF

I'm FAMOUS!

DC my first introduction to you was the kill-cam, after you ran me over with an armoured vehicle LOLZ

HeadsWilSned
09-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Devs are releasing a patch boys!

SheepDog320
09-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Had some good games with beans,beeno, and Brandon. I'm still enjoying the beta ready for some new maps.and guns. The light tank is so easy mode. If you pick the one with smoke and the machine gun, you will never die. I went 47-0 in the last match tonight in that thing. I killed the train with it think I put 15 shells into it before it blew up.

GRRowl74
09-06-2016, 12:16 AM
47-0. That's a 47.0 k/d. Is your name Neo, by any chance?

DeadChaos
09-06-2016, 01:20 AM
Beta ends Thursday.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-beta-ends-on-thursday-round-timer-di/1100-6443319/

HeadsWilSned
09-06-2016, 02:33 AM
Beta ends Thursday.

:lalala:

DeadChaos
09-06-2016, 02:35 AM
I'm FAMOUS!

DC my first introduction to you was the kill-cam, after you ran me over with an armoured vehicle LOLZ

:noidea: Apologies, I did not even take notice who I ran over.

I killed the train with it think I put 15 shells into it before it blew up.

How do you get control of the train?

DeadChaos
09-06-2016, 02:50 AM
Caught the Major on camera evading gunfire last night. Unfortunately I took the bullets in my chest trying to snap the picture.

http://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14238265_10154699222842150_3901120117153714323_n.j pg?oh=be99a34115cabdae924052ae40633807&oe=5838A3D1

TonkaToys
09-06-2016, 07:13 AM
:cheer2:

Yay! Got BF1 working at last... all I had to do was repeatedly crash my PS4 until the HDD completely died. Then pay £75 for a new HDD and spend all morning rebuilding and reloading.

At least it works now.

Beta ends Thursday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:Cry:

donhardeone
09-06-2016, 07:20 AM
When I first started playing the beta, I was able to go to 3rd person even in one of the secondary seats of vehicles...I know I wasn't the only one, as it is a recurring comment in this thread. I have avoided the vehicles since the last patch, but I gave them a good go yesterday. Now it seems that ONLY the driver can go 3rd person view. Anyone else experience this, or just me?

On the topic of the train, found a bug with it yesterday as well. I couldn't tell if it was based off how long I was in the train or how many bullets I fired, but both times I got into the train I noticed that slowly my bullet trajectory got off from my crosshairs. To the point that I had to point the crosshairs to the top of the mountain peaks in the back just to have my bullets hit someone beside the building at D flag. It was quirky. I was ripping the OP4 to shreds in that thing before that started happening the first time.

Scottgun00
09-06-2016, 07:37 AM
When I first started playing the beta, I was able to go to 3rd person even in one of the secondary seats of vehicles...I know I wasn't the only one, as it is a recurring comment in this thread. I have avoided the vehicles since the last patch, but I gave them a good go yesterday. Now it seems that ONLY the driver can go 3rd person view. Anyone else experience this, or just me?

There is one exception: the heavy tank's canons can go 3rd-person. Whether this is a bug or a feature is unknown.

Right now it's a veritable sniper fest so staying in a vehicle is one of the better options against getting picked off from literally any direction by someone of just about any skill level. I can almost smell the Battlefront pendulum swing coming. That is, the cycler rife was such a sniping monster that Dice went to the other extreme of adding so much bullet drop-off that it was practically an indirect-fire weapon. I wonder if BF1 snipers are going to get the same treatment.

Ullrsdog
09-06-2016, 08:22 AM
There was me thinking they were Ullrs secret ingredient in his special muffins!

Oh you are right...just need to look up Blueberry on a different website...or try looking up Blueberry Hybrid NSFW :laugh:

TonkaToys
09-06-2016, 08:22 AM
I didn't notice the snipers so much in the 3 or 4 games I have had today; just lucky I guess, or else running around so aimlessly that they took pity on me.

I like the idea that someone had earlier, limit the number of snipers per team. It would be a bit RB6 landrush to get the sniper for some people. Or perhaps limit the number of rounds on their weapons?

HeadsWilSned
09-06-2016, 08:33 AM
I've just never understood it. I get playing recon, where you're advancing and capping objectives. I think "they" like calling it playing "aggressive-recon". But prone on the hills, outside danger, just lying there basking in the sun, cleaning out your shorts after the sandstorm... for what... helping the team... F* that!

Major Stains
09-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Caught the Major on camera evading gunfire last night. Unfortunately I took the bullets in my chest trying to snap the picture.

http://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14238265_10154699222842150_3901120117153714323_n.j pg?oh=be99a34115cabdae924052ae40633807&oe=5838A3D1

I wasn't cowering in my own feces honest.
I saw something shiny on the floor thinking it was a penny, just ended up being a button. Problem was it was a button from circa 1926, produced well after the end of the Great War.
Which in turn leads me to suspect that Dice have not got a fucking clue what they are doing with this game. I mean, seriously a mid 20's button in a game based over a decade earlier. Asshats and chancers, the lot of them!!!:blah:

DeadChaos
09-06-2016, 12:08 PM
"Battlefield 1 Beta Could Get New Map-Word comes by way of Twitter, where a few users have expressed their weariness for the beta's only map, Sinai Desert. The official Battlefield Twitter account has taken notice, replying to a few of the complaints and asking for new map suggestions to be submitted on the Battlefield forums.

DICE has yet to confirm a new map, but the open beta is set to end this Thursday, September 8. Currently, players can only try out Conquest (64 players) and Rush (32 players) game modes on the Sinai Desert map."

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ign/all/~3/hedjeIedTnI/battlefield-1-beta-could-get-new-map

Gink
09-06-2016, 12:29 PM
New map would be awesome. Though then I'll have to find some more time to play before the beta ends. As much fun as I've had with it, I threw in the towel after hitting lvl15 last week, will wait until my life return to normal at release time.

My last round, where I advanced from level 13 to 15 was an odd one. I ended up 2nd on the boards, with 21,000+ points, and a K/D of 4/4. Say what?
3 of those 4 kills happened right at the beginning of the round, as I hopped in a passing landship, and immediately realized the driver was a bit lacking, as we rolled on bumping into rocks, etc., showing up at each objective well after it was captured.

A bomber decided our slow, bumbling progression made us an easy target and started taking runs at us. I was on the left side gun, mostly just staring at the horizon and enjoying the destructibility of buildings, water towers, etc when I saw the bomber coming in nice and low at us. Rolled the gun over and POW! Blew it out of the sky.

I almost had a great video clip to share of it, but as I hit the "share" button, I realized there were still kills/points/etc scrolling across my screen and backed out to wait for that to end before saving the clip. Unfortunately, I guess using the share button, or something else I did, reset the video cache. So I ended up with a video about 1 second long that just gives a brief flash of "Multikill 3X" and none of the explosive glory.

We actually ended up rolling the landship all over the map. I thought I had a few more kills, but I guess they were all vehicle destructions where everyone managed to bail out in time, or I just ended up getting assists on them. It was not an exciting match overall, so I was pretty surprised when my progress just kept scrolling through levels 13 and 14, and to see myself at the top of the boards with only 4 kills.

Just one of those "only in Battlefield" moments. Looking forward to release!

SmokeyCheese1
09-06-2016, 01:38 PM
I played a LOT of this over the weekend in the evenings. Observations as follows -

- IMO Its Battlefront with a different skin. No mistaking it.
- The 2 melees interfere with each other. When Im close enough to get an instant kill it will go into Bayonet Rush and zip right past the OpFor.
- I hope theres a hardcore mod. It takes a lot of bullets to kill a guy.
- Horses are pretty stout. Tough to take them down.
- I see that if you take a plane youre limited to a small machine gun and a side arm. Good for preventing snipers from bailing out and parachuting onto huge hill tops and sniping all day. Bad if youre one of those snipers.
- The tanks are way too hard to take out. As well as the Armored Train. That thing is nuts.
- The planes are way more fun to use vs BF4 planes

The usual beta bugs are there. Floating dishes when you blow up a building. Spelling errors (I look all over for "flagmassive" to capture it but only found flags A-E.

Its a fun game but not enough to make me salivate over the release date.

HardlyCapable13
09-06-2016, 02:04 PM
- The 2 melees interfere with each other. When Im close enough to get an instant kill it will go into Bayonet Rush and zip right past the OpFor.

I hate this.

I quit using melee all together.

Major Stains
09-06-2016, 02:16 PM
- IMO Its Battlefront with a different skin. No mistaking it. Without a doubt
- I see that if you take a plane youre limited to a small machine gun and a side arm. Discovered the bombs last night. (triangle to change view, then L1 to drop your payload on PS4) They can deal a healthy drop of death to snipers nests ;)
Also if you survive the crash you have a couple of positioning flares and mini med pack.
- The planes are way more fun to use vs BF4 planes Love the sounds

Wish I tried the X1 version, but I wanted to rank up the profile which I'm getting at release.
I figure X1 may do some sort of EA exclusive price in the future!

Ullrsdog
09-06-2016, 02:56 PM
New map would be awesome. Though then I'll have to find some more time to play before the beta ends. As much fun as I've had with it, I threw in the towel after hitting lvl15 last week, will wait until my life return to normal at release time.

Maybe I have just been longing for a new BF title, maybe after playing SWBF so much, and enjoying it in general I didn't care that this title appears to be a re-skin of that same game...but I think I need to throw in the towel on the "mighty spud" aka little tank. I hit my third service star with that beast yesterday and really don't need to keep going. I can typically pull of 20K+ in points and K/D's in the 10:1 - 30:1 range depending on how things work out.

I have the mondragon unlocked for the medic which IMO is the best of the medics primaries in the beta. I have to unlock the final Assault :shotgun: but the first one is a beast and very fun in CQB. The support class I have found the belt fed LMG to be pretty decent, I don't like that one of the defaults is to have a high powered scope, I'd love something like a 3x which might happen considering the control menu allows you to select ADS sensitivity for 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5...etc I just don't know if those optic will fall into any of the support category kits. Scout I haven't spent much time playing with but have had some success with the German rifle.

I love the bomber with the incindeary setup...it's BBQ time BITCHES!!!

donhardeone
09-06-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm normally not one to play scout/sniper, but I'm trying to give all the classes some play time during the beta. I've commented on the guns before for this class, but tonight was the first time I have tried the spotting scope...IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME! It's a must have gadget for this class IMO.

johnnyh1976
09-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Seems to have been updated today. Conquest games are going to 300 points with the timer starting at 0 and counting up until the point limit is reached.

HeadsWilSned
09-07-2016, 02:07 AM
Anyone here encountered a situation where, when you're a certain distance away from your "target", whilst shooting all of a sudden you whip out your melee weapon clubbing at thin air - resulting in your own brutal demise?

Just me?

DeadChaos
09-07-2016, 02:54 AM
Anyone here encountered a situation where, when you're a certain distance away from your "target", whilst shooting all of a sudden you whip out your melee weapon clubbing at thin air - resulting in your own brutal demise?

Just me?

I've not noticed this one yet.

Horses are pretty stout. Tough to take them down.

Agreed, empty a standard clip hitting both the horse and the player and he still manages to slice you in half. Reminds me of Hardline where pumping bullets into the chest of a shovel wielding player has no effect at all and you end up being one shotted to death.

GRRowl74
09-07-2016, 05:40 AM
IAgreed, empty a standard clip hitting both the horse and the player and he still manages to slice you in half. Reminds me of Hardline where pumping bullets into the chest of a shovel wielding player has no effect at all and you end up being one shotted to death.

I took out a horse and rider with a burst from the support class main gun. Probably a bit heavyer caliber than other guns, though. You can check it out in a video earlier in this thread.

DeadChaos
09-07-2016, 06:04 AM
I've not experienced that even with the support class gun. Any chance that horse and rider wasn't at full health?

GRRowl74
09-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Might be. Can't say. He was hightailing it down the street and ducked into the alley where I got them. Might be hurt, trying to hide to regenerate health, sure.

TonkaToys
09-07-2016, 04:26 PM
So, what is the point of the defenders calling in the artillery, in Rush?

Ullrsdog
09-07-2016, 05:27 PM
So, what is the point of the defenders calling in the artillery, in Rush?

played a few games of rush and it was too unbalanced with the tanks so I gave up on it. There was talk of the artillery feature but wasn't used that I'm aware of...I'd hope that in a pinch you could attempt to push the OP4 off the M-comm. I'd be willing to try again if it was MP v MP

HeadsWilSned
09-08-2016, 02:02 AM
I'd be willing to try again if it was MP v MP

Oh yeah!!! Must make it happen!

HeadsWilSned
09-08-2016, 02:05 AM
I took out a horse and rider with a burst from the support class main gun. Probably a bit heavyer caliber than other guns, though. You can check it out in a video earlier in this thread.

Likewise, I've got some footage of this happening. But I'll add that the cavalry class is another animal. Besides the hit box on the horses registering quite big making it hard to hit the actual rider (imo) the cavalry class (when you spawn in on the horse) is a "tanky" little nuisance.

TonkaToys
09-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Thanks TastyFish, Stains and Helmet for the games yesterday. Mixed success but good fun none the less.
For some reason I got kicked from a game during the loading screen and then had trouble rejoining, but it was great when we were squadded up.

I quite enjoy Rush and have seen games go both ways. I do agree that the tanks are very tough to beat; there was a guy that went 63-5 in the last match yesterday because he was sat in his potato tank. I probably spent 9-10 lives trying to take him out of action but it doesn't really work if you are the only one doing that - teamwork guys, teamwork! They basically rolled over us past 6 telegraphs in less than 10 minutes, until I managed to knock out the potato. Then it took another 20 minutes on the last two telegraphs or so before finally we succumbed.

Has anyone picked up the tankgewehr - that is a beast of a weapon. I used it to one-shot about 6 guys and knocked a tank's armour right down before he shelled me off the face of the earth. I found it in a crate between the third and fourth set of telegraphs on Rush; on the right hand side of the passageway if you are defending.

GRRowl74
09-08-2016, 04:21 AM
I love to see all these MP names on the online list these days. If this is how it will be on launch day, I will be a happy camper indeed. Pun unintended, I am very bad at camping, both outdoors and in game.

Not just BF1 either, that's the great part - much more MPs on R6 also, which is awesome. Haven't played solo in ages. Even had a full squad a couple times, not all MPs to be fair, but still. So glad I found this place.

Ok, enough warm and fuzzy - go kill some pixels, soldier!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/f0d599d6e4d067fa64861ef3a4a058aa.jpg

Helmethead1031
09-08-2016, 06:29 AM
Thanks TastyFish, Stains and Helmet for the games yesterday. Mixed success but good fun none the less.
For some reason I got kicked from a game during the loading screen and then had trouble rejoining, but it was great when we were squadded up.

I quite enjoy Rush and have seen games go both ways. I do agree that the tanks are very tough to beat; there was a guy that went 63-5 in the last match yesterday because he was sat in his potato tank. I probably spent 9-10 lives trying to take him out of action but it doesn't really work if you are the only one doing that - teamwork guys, teamwork! They basically rolled over us past 6 telegraphs in less than 10 minutes, until I managed to knock out the potato. Then it took another 20 minutes on the last two telegraphs or so before finally we succumbed.

Has anyone picked up the tankgewehr - that is a beast of a weapon. I used it to one-shot about 6 guys and knocked a tank's armour right down before he shelled me off the face of the earth. I found it in a crate between the third and fourth set of telegraphs on Rush; on the right hand side of the passageway if you are defending.

Enjoyed the games Tonka. I'm still trying to get my bearings with this game. I enjoy it much more when playing with other MPs but I still find my self feeling like I'm unloading entire clips for 1 kill....obviously my superior skills are on display.

My laugh of the night came when I first joined. I was placed on the opposite team and had just spawned when I immediately began a firefight......all of a sudden I was dead....head taken right off. Yes, Paul Revere aka MajorStains had come up behind me on horseback and relieved me of my duties. Noticing it was Stains literally made me lol.

TonkaToys
09-08-2016, 06:44 AM
Funnily enough, my first few moments of the game involved Stainsy roadkilling me with a tank.

I knew he had a reputation for killing team mates in RB6, but really... joining the OP4 just so you can do that in BF1 is a bit much :nono:

DeadChaos
09-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Seems like Stains is causing some problems in BF1 :ban:

Major Stains
09-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Seems like Stains is causing some problems in BF1 :ban:

Don't thank me. It's what I do! :ak::bolt:

Ullrsdog
09-08-2016, 08:14 AM

I have already pre-ordered my shit bucket :gamer: so here's to the release in Oct :tea:

Spike Forehand
09-08-2016, 11:38 AM

Major Stains incoming. Need plastic covers for furniture obv.

Major Stains
09-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Funnily enough, my first few moments of the game involved Stainsy roadkilling me with a tank.

I knew he had a reputation for killing team mates in RB6, but really... joining the OP4 just so you can do that in BF1 is a bit much :nono:

MajorStains had come up behind me on horseback and relieved me of my duties. Noticing it was Stains literally made me lol.

If I could just address the courtroom, in my defence I did try to join Tonkas team for quite a while before I got bored and decided to join in on the filthy enemy.
When I first left nothing but Tonkas smoking boots sat on the scorched earth, I did feel a slight pang of sadness and regret. But after several more well aimed shells to the face I'm afraid to admit the bloodlust kicked in and all became a bit of a blur in the red mist. Those big metal potatoes are downright lethal in the wrong hands.
Then on the next round when I took to the saddle, I was again filled with a huge sense of mourning as I gave Helmethead a very close haircut. As his name flashed up on the kill feed, I swear my body had been taken over by dark forces as a huge smile crept across my face. It felt wrong, it felt dirty, but it also felt oh so goooood.

Rush made a nice change of pace and it was the first time I Realised you actually got to choose the type of tank you spawn in.

Good times.

In closing, I seek forgiveness from my fallen teammates.
I know words won't heal the pain but...
...Me love you loooong time.:grouphug:

Helmethead1031
09-08-2016, 04:58 PM
All is forgiven.......for now.......

Major Stains
09-08-2016, 05:13 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2wrfbjn.jpg

DeadChaos
09-09-2016, 04:07 AM
If I could just address the courtroom, in my defence I did try to join Tonkas team for quite a while before I got bored and decided to join in on the filthy enemy.
When I first left nothing but Tonkas smoking boots sat on the scorched earth, I did feel a slight pang of sadness and regret. But after several more well aimed shells to the face I'm afraid to admit the bloodlust kicked in and all became a bit of a blur in the red mist. Those big metal potatoes are downright lethal in the wrong hands.
Then on the next round when I took to the saddle, I was again filled with a huge sense of mourning as I gave Helmethead a very close haircut. As his name flashed up on the kill feed, I swear my body had been taken over by dark forces as a huge smile crept across my face. It felt wrong, it felt dirty, but it also felt oh so goooood.

Rush made a nice change of pace and it was the first time I Realised you actually got to choose the type of tank you spawn in.

Good times.

In closing, I seek forgiveness from my fallen teammates.
I know words won't heal the pain but...
...Me love you loooong time.:grouphug:

Court rules: Sentenced to psychiatric ward for observation.

Major Stains
09-09-2016, 04:25 AM
Court rules: Sentenced to psychiatric ward for observation.

Home sweet home. Hope they've got internet in the ward now!

TonkaToys
09-15-2016, 07:01 AM
This looks familiar!

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/6874/production/_91204762_1c0c7574-6099-4716-8781-9004922f00a9.jpg

Click me (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37370764)

Must pop over and take a look

DeadChaos
09-15-2016, 07:13 AM
Pity it's only for today. Would have liked to go see it on Saturday.

HeadsWilSned
09-15-2016, 07:37 AM
Nice!

DeadChaos
09-20-2016, 03:08 AM
"Battlefield 1 Beta Feedback Changes"

http://youtu.be/guEpuneYi8U

HeadsWilSned
09-20-2016, 07:51 AM
I can't say I'm super impressed with the changes brought on based on Beta feedback... on only one single little map... a map more suited to snipers as the previously release classes figures proved.

Sometimes I think DICE take the community feedback a little too far. We'll see, but I have a feeling, just a little that the tanks are going to end up being completely useless in more urban maps... close quarters... esp if anyone can pop their heads out of a window quick and chuck a grenade...

HeadsWilSned
09-20-2016, 07:52 AM
esp if anyone can pop their heads out of a window quick and chuck a grenade...

See what I did there :biggrin1: