PDA

View Full Version : R6 ranked (beta)

GRRowl74
12-10-2016, 10:35 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161210/3e030ff6d3e11a63928e5b8a2020de2b.jpg

Your thoughts on ranked gaming in R6 Siege. How it works, changes since patches, reasons for choosing ranked, game strategies, squad initiatives, do's and don'ts. Give me your fiddy cents on R6 ranked right here.

GRRowl74
12-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Current rank icons:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/9f912f444c334024f4e223182873e635.png

Old ones:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161210/ca74fe964e211952f120a7746f835801.png

GRRowl74
12-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Just ranked after Red Crow. Gold I(!) after 10 matches. Had a few good ones after that as well, so now I'm a Gold II, in fact. Congrats Myself! Gee, thanks Me - you shouldn't have. No, really. You shouldn't have.
Until now I haven't been more than a Silver III, and I fought hard to get there. So far in this season I played some good rounds, but not even half. Won maybe half, I'd say.

We know ranked is a work in progress, so changes and adjustments are to be expected. Through four seasons(hah!) we've seen a few variations. How has the rank system changed, and why? Which is your favorite? Is this last adjustment to the better? Personally I think gold is a nice color but I'm not sure if it suits me. But then again, I might just be shy.

GRRowl74
12-11-2016, 01:46 AM
Didn't find any MPs to play with last night, so I did some ranked with randoms. Pleased to see ranked still holds more focused players, more ppl on mic, and interest to include others in their strategy, not to mention useful callouts and no chewouts for the occational messing up. Dropped a rank for a couple losses, then back up for a few wins. Of course quite possible I just lucked out with my teammates, but it did happen twice in a day though.

Phamcis
12-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Nice work! I myself have seen stuck at Silver IV for as long as I can remember.....well actually I reached Gold 1 for exactly one round.

GRRowl74
12-12-2016, 03:30 AM
Know the feeling. Fought a couple of tight matches yesterday, you know those days where you're doing good, better than you should, really - and still losing by a round in the end. Sucks. Got wrecked once too, total loss. The opposing team clearly were communicating and came at us with coordinates attacks, breaching multiple entry points and kill holes at once each attack round, and held an agressive defensive strategy, knocking us down pretty hard before we even got close to the objective room. In the end it felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Almost ran crying back to TH, but I took one more match. Lost that too, of course - but with better numbers and a few kills. Dropped to silver 3 now, so I'm probably back where I belong. For now, anyway.

There is such a difference playing with a couple of mic players compared to doing the sign language thing. Had a few matches the day before - also with randoms - and also losing. But then we started talking, and then we kicked the enemys butt.

Oh and my new years resolution: No more peeking contests.

GRRowl74
12-12-2016, 08:34 AM
My favorite R6 in depth Youtuber IceyCat has a take on the ranked changes since Red Crow. Check out the video below.

Seems it mainly is a reduction of points required to climb the ranks, and that they're now only looking at your skill, and not factoring in how long you've played the game. Meaning points and win/loss ratio is the only variables, at least that they are willing to reveal.

They've also shaved a whole MINUTE off the round time on ranked matches, which I didn't realize until now - but it explains why I've been running out of time so fast lately. The minute reduction is a bad move in my opinion, as it limits creative cooperative gameplay, and favors the lone roamer types. Thankfully the weight on the w/l ratio rewards the team players.

http://youtu.be/8O5zCtXZUdM

GRRowl74
02-27-2017, 11:17 AM
I am officially losing faith in my random ranked teammates. I'm seriously quite convinced it's the same four numbnuts every time, they just change their nicknames to mess with my head. Luckily I can't rank any further down, but I do have a gripe I hope to get your input on: Is there currently a trend amongst platinum/diamond players to start a new user/drop rank - just to be able to play against coppers? Because I've played a good many teams that seem to be quite a lot better than the ones I've faced in bronze and silver, even gold. I've seen a few youtubers doing this, and I'm a bit worried it might have spread. I get that it might be entertaining, but it's pretty frustrating for "us coppers"(snigger) trying to make our way in this world.

Major Stains
02-27-2017, 11:28 AM
I say if there are people out there who have got the time and the inclination to go through all the bother of starting new accounts etc just so they can play people who have an inferior ability at video games then them. Then they need as much help as I can possibly give them.
These precious little snowflakes must have disturbingly low self esteem, so it feels like I am helping them build confidence to go out into the real world and meet real people and, you know, maybe even talk to actual real live girls and stuff!

I can just about forgive my 8 y/o for playing Rocket League on the easiest level so he beats the computer 15-0.

GRRowl74
02-27-2017, 11:31 AM
I can just about forgive my 8 y/o for playing Rocket League on the easiest level so he beats the computer 15-0.

That's how I play Fifa.

DeadChaos
02-28-2017, 07:15 AM
I've seen a few youtubers doing this, and I'm a bit worried it might have spread.

YouTubers are cancer and majority of them have proven that they will do ANYTHING to get that YouTube money!

GRRowl74
02-28-2017, 08:15 AM
YouTubers are cancer and majority of them have proven that they will do ANYTHING to get that YouTube money!

Have to admit I'd love to get paid to play games and make videos. In my next life, maybe. Either that, or I'll be a very cute cat.

ChordNerve
04-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Is there any chance to play ranked again with team mp i miss you folks ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

GRRowl74
04-15-2017, 01:12 AM
Sure, CordNerve! Miss you too! Played a lot the last few days before easter, tried to invite you once I saw you on, but I probably just missed you or something. I'll be back on Monday night, if you're on then.

tthfry
04-15-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm also game for some new map and tactics lessons. Remember how we rocked last time after training, although we didn't even play any of the maps we trained on? Granted, it was Casual, but whatevs!

GRRowl74
04-16-2017, 01:01 AM
I'm also game for some new map and tactics lessons. Remember how we rocked last time after training, although we didn't even play any of the maps we trained on? Granted, it was Casual, but whatevs!

That would be fun, yeah. Set off time for some tactics first, then try it out on casual after - and then ranked, for the daring - or those who have little to lose, on European servers at least ;)

GRRowl74
04-18-2017, 11:14 AM
So - the story goes:
European rank - copper IV (don't ask)
Canadian rank - silver II
On web site: Silver II

I thought it would "return to normal" after playing on European servers last night - and it did, at least on the ps4.

But on the web site - I'm still silver II. Not that I'm complaining, but come on - how does this work, Ubisoft?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170418/307863fd5197c7ce88bffccce6235a1b.jpg

Gadnos316
04-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Wait... if you change servers you can get a different rank? I didn't know that.

GRRowl74
04-19-2017, 11:19 AM

Yep, if you play in a different region than you normally do, you have to rank again. Ubisoft designs the system from a theory that - in their own words - "players from different regions almost never play against each other", which of course is complete hogwash (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hogwash).

The other side of the argument is more interesting, and requires some reflection to test your faith in Ubisofts logic. They claim that "since skill isn't an absolute measure but a relative one (it doesn't tell how good you are -- only whether or not you're better than another player), ranks can't be directly compared across regions"

Link to the rest of the "equation" here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000024743/How-Does-Rank-Work-in-R6-Siege)

I guess I can entertain the idea that my rank is relative to who I play against, but the regional effect would only be valid if my rank was set based souly on my stats from playing with and against players in my own region. But since I play with gamers across the pond on a semi-regular basis, I would suggest that the foundation of this theory, and therefore the system constructed from it - is flawed at best. And so, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you have no other option than to find in favor of the geek with a crush on court metaphores.

GRRowl74
04-19-2017, 11:22 AM

I do hope that wasn't an ironic statement, or I will go hide my face in a stack of tomatoes.

tthfry
04-19-2017, 12:27 PM
I guess I can entertain the idea that my rank is relative to who I play against

That being said, if you and I would be playing 1on1's all the time, you'd be at least plat 1 in no-time. :)

tthfry
06-15-2017, 04:07 PM
So... what happened to our ambitions of becoming that top tier ESL pro team rocking ranked? I liked our house redecoration training session last time. Maybe we can have looksies at some of the more disliked maps. You know, like Favelas or Boat.

GRRowl74
06-16-2017, 01:22 AM
Wouldn't mind giving this a go. Won't be on much this weekend, tho, but be happy to try something next week.

GRRowl74
07-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Anybody want to study? This guy's got a whole series of videos where he comments his gameplay with regards to actions and reactions. Of course, he still has badass reflexes and deadpool aim, but there is something to learn for us with an urge to rank up:

http://youtu.be/veASIzfJS2I

GRRowl74
07-10-2017, 04:18 PM
This is gold. Using it can make you gold, for sure.

http://youtu.be/W1pfnqQ8j1w

Watch with sound AND headset, btw. Sincerely, Cpt. Obvious.

GRRowl74
07-16-2017, 02:18 AM
Maybe this is more up our alley? The man has a point when he says the game is very different from silver/gold to platinum. (And from copper, for that matter...)

http://youtu.be/r08SlQwVsJQ

GRRowl74
08-31-2017, 03:03 AM
So, I think I've been doing a lot better lately, both in ranked and casual. Checked my stats, and my W/L in Casual is 1,18, which is awesome - I actually win more than I lose now. In casual that is. Ranked is also improving though - it's now at 9,1 - but still 29 matches to go to even the score.

K/D is a whole different cup of tea, where I'm still paying for mistakes from way back. Casual is looking way better though - currently at 0,65 with 565 kills to close the gap. Just crossed the magic 1k line, I have now killed more than a thousand casual players. Yay me!

Ranked, well. The K/D is actually the same - 0,65, but here I have to kill a whopping 873 ranked players (without dying, mind) to break even. So I don't see 1,0 happening there any time soon. So far I'm aiming for a stable 0,7 for this fall, maybe climbing to 0,8 till Christmas. Best part is that this current climb means that my recent average, say the last month, is way more than 1,0. Smileyface.

Alright, I realize after this I'll have a hard time convincing anyone I don't really care about rank or stats. Point is I think it's fun to work at being a better player, and seeing improvement over time. That doesn't mean I get moody over every lost match or turn into a grumpy a-hole towards teammates having an off day. I'd rather play with my MPeeps than a hotshot superskilled squad of randoms any day of the week. Have to note that our current MP squad is doing pretty good! Fun to see that our R6 crew is growing, seldom a problem to find a squadmate any time of day or week, and more often than not we get a full squad too.

Anyway, I just think it's fun to look at the stats now and again.

How 'bout you guys, any stat freaks among you? What's your thoughts on this topic?

tthfry
08-31-2017, 03:21 AM
What I found interesting was that even the pro league players don't all have a positive K/D, W/L. I only actively watched the BRK vs Rogue match on Gamescom Friday, but I remember some of the BRK guys being "well" below 1, like .8-ish. I guess it very much depends on your role or say, the role that you choose. I'm more of a supporter in any game. As long as I got that EMP out and the wall's open, I did my due and me dying isn't that big a thing anymore. If you're a killbeast, dying early sucks for the team.

When I played THunt the other day instead of joining you (shame on me :p ), I actually got to pull of some very interesting flicks that landed me one-tap headshots on a couple of guys. I think my overall game has improved pretty well, come to think of it.

DeadChaos
08-31-2017, 03:40 AM
I don't usually check stats as I find it ruins my game play when concentrating on improving stats. Checked them today though after your post and my casual stats has gone up but not many changes in ranked as I mostly play casual these days. Casual W/L is 1.24 wit a K/D of 1.11 total of 986 kills. Ranked W/L is 1.16 with K/D 0.81 total of 586 kills.

Major Stains
08-31-2017, 03:48 AM
Back in the day, playing CoD I would take pride in my K/D and various other stats. Polishing them with pride every night.
Then I started playing more objective based games like BF and R6, where I place teammates and the end game before all else and as a result my stats have gone to shit. But I really don't care, as you say, just playing with a squad of MPs and trying to pull one over on those cocky veteran recruits is enough for me.
Of course that doesn't mean that I never go over to the Ubi site so I can size myself up against you big dogs. Which of course is always humbling, making me feel like my stats have been in a bowl of ice water and have shrunken down to a little button! ;)

GRRowl74
08-31-2017, 04:27 AM
It's not that I think a k/d of 0,5 i bad in any way, the w/l is far more important, and as you say k/d will depend heavily on what your role is in the team. I've noticed your systematic approach to the game, tthfry- and it obviously is paying off for you. I've adopted the TH handgun headshot exercise of yours, and I think it's helped my overall aim.

DC - I've noticed you're playing very good lately. Not that you were so bad earlier, but there's been a change there somewhere along the way, as you seem to play consistently good, and particularly cool and accurate in your gunfights. Dunno if it's all that high speed Titan action or you've been doing much solo practice like tthfry, but it's paying off. Your stats are awesome, W/L of above 1,0 in ranked is basicly all I really care about. The rest of it is just window dressing, and I don't really pay attention to it - unless I have a lot of free time on my hands - like today. Gives me some satisfaction though, to see progress. Ranking to gold on the US server was a good one. Goal for season 3 is ranking to gold on the european server :)

DeadChaos
08-31-2017, 04:46 AM
Only time I do terrorist hunt is to complete those objectives for the extra renown. Titanfall probably has something to do with it as you need to aim at speed while sliding, wall running, etc. Probably knowing the maps inside out is a great boost to your performance because I still suck on Favela and the other maps I'm not familiar with.

GRRowl74
08-31-2017, 05:16 AM
Back in the day, playing CoD I would take pride in my K/D and various other stats. Polishing them with pride every night.
Then I started playing more objective based games like BF and R6, where I place teammates and the end game before all else and as a result my stats have gone to shit. But I really don't care, as you say, just playing with a squad of MPs and trying to pull one over on those cocky veteran recruits is enough for me.
Of course that doesn't mean that I never go over to the Ubi site so I can size myself up against you big dogs. Which of course is always humbling, making me feel like my stats have been in a bowl of ice water and have shrunken down to a little button! ;)

Missed this one, must have posted while I was writing - or it was put in a bowl of ice water too [emoji16]

Have to say, Major - stats or no, you do way better than you give yourself credit for. For one - in life expectancy in a round, your stats can hand my stats their ass any time. [emoji123][emoji41]

Major Stains
08-31-2017, 07:14 AM
Missed this one, must have posted while I was writing - or it was put in a bowl of ice water too [emoji16]

Have to say, Major - stats or no, you do way better than you give yourself credit for. For one - in life expectancy in a round, your stats can hand my stats their ass any time. [emoji123][emoji41]

Very kind of you to say so Sir. My batting average has improved over the last few months but I don't think I will ever lose my uncanny knack of making schoolboy blunders at the most crucial moments.
Life expectancy does indeed improve when you spend the game droning out the enemy from the back of a small cupboard watching your comrades fall all around you ;)
As Ross pointed out yesterday our communications skills are still lacking when it comes to coordinated strikes. But I think that is more to circumstance then lack of wanting. (Eg sleeping households)

tthfry
08-31-2017, 07:21 AM
(Eg sleeping households)

Sleeping operators more likely... ;)

GRRowl74
08-31-2017, 08:23 AM
Communications can always improve, that much is obvious. I could punch myself every time I die and spend the next crucial seconds feeling sorry for myself rather than giving you intel on my murderers whereabouts. Or when I try to, and say something like "he's in that room with the window, er, I mean, two windows and there's like a table and - ah, forget it, he's killed you. I was watching the killcam, didn't notice." I want to practice giving short, precise callouts - but I won't get there learning room names if you guys don't know them. Maybe we should make our own names, based on what's in them? "Train room" on Kafé is a great example. Or "Piano", which is applicable on serveral maps. Some rooms are obvious, like "Kitchen" or "Garage". No wonder we like House map, right? I guess we can work out the rest.

More important is our strats, especially how we attack. Mostly it's "every man for himself", or "we'll work something out when we get to the building and see who's still alive." I would love to have a plan. Who goes where, and when do we push. Hit two entry points at the same time, 2 ops on each, and then work towards OBJ, backing eachother up, coordinating with the other two when to breach, when to move. We'll probably mess it up more than once, but I think it could be awesome.

Also, I've played once or twice with a group where there was one player who really took charge, like a captain for the team in the prep phase on defense - that goes there, this goes here, that sort of thing. Noone voted for him, he just grabbed it, but it seemed to work. I know I did what I was told, anyway. Would be fun to try, and like pass the captains hat around the squad between rounds.

Not suggesting we should play like that all the time, but it would be fun to try it for a match or two. We could roll a dice for the captains hat as I don't think any of us will jump at the opportunity. I could be wrong.

tthfry
08-31-2017, 08:39 AM
I kind of captain our defense team every now and then on maps I really know. We kind of waste our reinforcements sometimes on inside walls or on walls between the bomb sites.

I agree that we don't necessarily need to use the compass's room names. Most of the time I call them something similar to what the thing says.

As for strategies... We'll never be able to execute as smoothly as those pro teams. Especially defense prep phase will always be somewhat chaotic.

Can't think for more right now. Trying to find relieve for my shoulder pain. I bet you could have told me to not start working out too hard when you start getting old and haven't done any sports whatsoever for 15 years. Duh.

GRRowl74
09-04-2017, 10:17 AM
And surprise, surprise - my only operator with a positive k/d is ...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170904/d18f975fad75eae61ecd57df63a227fd.jpg

Major Stains
09-04-2017, 11:02 AM

Negative for Ross though ;)

GRRowl74
09-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Haven't Fuzed him - yet...

DeadChaos
09-04-2017, 11:13 AM

Don't think the hostage will be too happy with this.

DeadChaos
09-06-2017, 03:31 AM

Mine is (ignore Capitao, only spent 18 minutes on him)

http://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21369190_10155922317907150_3413079924849552347_n.j pg?oh=e9dd7163a7c77cb6aa95657824744f11&oe=5A12E06B

tthfry
09-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Mine is (ignore Capitao, only spent 18 minutes on him)

http://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21369190_10155922317907150_3413079924849552347_n.j pg?oh=e9dd7163a7c77cb6aa95657824744f11&oe=5A12E06B

Why, that's a surprise, DC. :) But I've seen you working on other operators' K/Ds lately. Not much Twitch action from you it seems.

DeadChaos
09-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Not really working on K/D, mostly just trying out different weapons. Twitch/Mute is still my go to operators but I do like IQ, Sledge and Fuze (just for the AK) as well. Got to grind renown now for the new operators.

GRRowl74
09-07-2017, 11:29 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170907/1dbf4b17aeb4fcac6b29f2490b41e353.jpg
Went head on into ranked today, had about an hour of time to spare before maintenance kicked in again, and I had to pick up Tiny from the kid-pound.

Anyway, started out strong taking the lead on my team, and landing a well deserved MVP with Ela. Think it was flawless even. So here's me thinking - this won't last - but then we go and do it again. Whole new team, no MVP this time, but still up on second place, 2 flawless - and now I'm picturing myself ranking in at platinum, wearing a swimsuit model on one arm and my esl trophy in the other. And I got to keep going.

Then of course we get hit by a steam roller. Still end up as top dog though, feeling like it was just bad luck we lost. One more, I think. And bam - 2nd loss and back to square one. Aah, why do I never learn. And about that - if you see me going in for that second peek again - just shoot me in the head. Or don't, the enemy will take care of it for you.

So, anyone up for a bit of ranked? [emoji6]

Major Stains
09-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Heh, remind me not to go to Vegas with you. Knowing when to walk away is the key ;)

So, anyone up for a bit of ranked?

Always

DeadChaos
09-08-2017, 03:58 AM
When you won two ranked matches in a row, QUIT immediately and try again the next day. The irritating thing when playing solo on casual is that 95% of the time I am thrown into a match that has already started and yes you guessed it, always on the losing side.

And when you first on the scorecard and people want to vote you out...... :doh::frusty:

GRRowl74
09-08-2017, 05:17 AM
When you won two ranked matches in a row, QUIT immediately and try again the next day.

This will be my new rule. I will live by this, just as I've lived by my solemn vow to never again try to win a peeking contest... [emoji849]

Getting tossed into casual games is maybe the main reason why I prefer ranked. Hate that. When people ditch their team at 0-2 , I really don't want to be thrown in there to try and clean up their mess.

GRRowl74
09-09-2017, 05:43 AM
When you won two ranked matches in a row, QUIT immediately and try again the next day.

Er... does this apply to LOSING two matches in a row as well? It should. 3-5 now, with 2 to go before getting ranked. It won't be platinum, that's for sure [emoji849]

Lost two, thought: well, better quit while I'm behind - but then I played one more and we mopped the floor with the enemy team - 4-0, so I thought here's a chance to even things out - so I went ahead and - of course, got slaughtered. This is why I never go to Vegas, Major. [emoji51]

DeadChaos
09-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Ever since this last patch my win rate is extremely low. If I'm not concussed then I get a poison dart in my ass, separate or at the same time. I think defenders are getting to strong at the moment.

tthfry
09-11-2017, 08:11 AM
Ever since this last patch my win rate is extremely low. If I'm not concussed then I get a poison dart in my ass, separate or at the same time. I think defenders are getting to strong at the moment.

I think it'll wear down. Remember the season has been live for less than a week now. Also, there are a lot of people that let R6 lay low for the last couple of weeks because of OP Health and the stuff. We'll see how it plays out the next couple of days, but I'd bet we'll see another week or two of intense new operator use.

GRRowl74
09-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Defenders are strong now, yes. I haven't felt the traps as a problem so far, cos it has slowed down those annoying rushers.

I do however stand by my middle finger to the desicion to remove the vision filter on defenders jumping outside - WITHOUT adressing the issue of their 2-3 seconds before detection. Pretty much means they have time to run out and shoot you before you even see them, and they have absolutely nothing to slow them down. No agocs, great. Still, this is and will continue to be a fun-killer for me in this game. I do not enjoy playing CoD in the yard, whether I win or lose.

I'm afraid I might have overestimated my Siege skills, as clearly B.O. has brought more players back to the game, mercilessly reminding me where I belong in the world of valuable metals. Which is ok. I think I needed that [emoji849][emoji28]

Major Stains
09-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Defenders are strong now, yes. I haven't felt the traps as a problem so far, cos it has slowed down those annoying rushers.

I do however stand by my middle finger to the desicion to remove the vision filter on defenders jumping outside - WITHOUT adressing the issue of their 2-3 seconds before detection. Pretty much means they have time to run out and shoot you before you even see them, and they have absolutely nothing to slow them down. No agocs, great. Still, this is and will continue to be a fun-killer for me in this game. I do not enjoy playing CoD in the yard, whether I win or lose.

I'm afraid I might have overestimated my Siege skills, as clearly B.O. has brought more players back to the game, mercilessly reminding me where I belong in the world of valuable metals. Which is ok. I think I needed that [emoji849][emoji28]

I couldn't agree more.
Post BO release, the spawn rushing has been ridicuous. But once you are aware that you are up against a bunch of CoDtards then the goalposts shift and it becomes a fun little game of douche killing. Although things get a little tricky if several operators hold the fort whilst these idiots run amock.

And you're right, all the best players must flock back in these early days to get their kicks from destroying us mere mortals.