PDA

View Full Version : The MP Operators (MPO)

GRRowl74
02-26-2017, 03:08 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170226/7f9e1580a2e780665f78025826295a29.jpg
This is the base of operations for the MP Operators, a merry gang of Siege Operators with a desire to play more regularly and try to develop some tactics and strategic cooperation. There are no skill requirements, or mandatory K/D - the only requirement is that you try to join our training sessions as often as you can, give us a heads up when you can't, and otherwise do your best to defend Team MPs honor.

So far there are no goals set, other than a goal to win matches. We'll agree on more as we go, and I'll include most of it here.

If you're interested in being part of this project, please comment below. Please include time zone and when you might be able to play on weekdays and weekend. I'm thinking maybe four training sessions a week - where two is set to US time and two is set to European time - depending on how the squad looks. Then each of us will try to participate in at least one of these a week. How's that? Just suggesting here.

The MPO Roster

PS4
GRRowl74
HeadsWilSned
MajorStains74
DeadChaos
Regnaw327
Gadnos316
Turnup
Ak-Muhly7/OnebadMofo87
danny0055
CordNerve
tthfry
Phamcis
DJBarBar101
SheepDog320
SugerBooger
Pringle72
bibuman
Jssk429

Xbox one

turnup

HeadsWilSned
02-26-2017, 03:33 AM
Yeah as we've discussed this a lot lately, I'm in. I really try to play everyday, I'll generally be on from about 21H00 UTC through 00H00 UTC. Of course I don't always play, it's quite late, and I'm getting old. I need more sleep than I used to. Then also I'm trying to get to all the diff games I play, so I'm in for it, going to play to win, but still not too seriously as I want to keep having fun over it becoming a chore.

Major Stains
02-26-2017, 04:32 AM
You know I'm always up for this.
My hit rate is varied at best, but I can prove a useful distration and help fill a squad.
Play style is primarily cautious, prefering a considered tactical deployment rather than relying on gunskill (or lack thereof).

Although I will never be able to commit to any exact time frame, when I do get on it is usually after 22:00 GMT most days of the week.
The coming months will see a significant hit in 'me time' as we are moving house and the new gaff needs alot of work to get "The Hammer" off my back before I settle back in to my usual routine.

There are some useful links/ MPs playing times in a similar thread, the R6:S HQ (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?11292-Rainbow-Six-Siege-Squad-HQ).

See you soon Operators.

DeadChaos
02-26-2017, 08:28 AM
Most weekdays from 21:00-22:30 GMT. Weekend nights I'm more flexible .

Gadnos316
02-26-2017, 11:55 AM
I've been wanting to play this with more strategy and with people who can be patient if needed. Like Major, my play style is more cautious and I'm more concerned with trying to support my team and get the objective.

My availability varies depending on the fussy little one. I'm east coast US, so I'm GMT -5. Usually I'm online during the week at 2200 my time, and weekends I can be on late at times (anywhere from 2200 to 0300). And I can sometimes get lucky with a weekend afternoon session.

GRRowl74
02-26-2017, 01:33 PM
I took the liberty of adding all who have expressed interest in this endeavour in other threads and chatrooms, please protest to be removed, I may or may not comply ;) And shout out if you're not on the list when you want to be.

Just to be clear - I can do some custodial work in this, but I am on ps4, so that's where my focus will be. But this should be a project which includes Xbox and PC too, if there are players who are interested. But we need a point man for those platforms as well.

I can set up some dates for us in the ps4 calendar, based on the time you've listed in the forums, for this coming week, and we'll see how it goes? We'll start off easy with 2 sessions(2 time zones), and then hopefully we get this thing off the ground.

tthfry
02-26-2017, 01:55 PM
I'd like to take part in this, too. Time has been an issue lately, though. Like Major I am not the rushing kind of operator. You can put me on reserve and I can act as tactical assistant.

HeadsWilSned
03-02-2017, 05:07 AM
Have we started with this yet, didn't see any dates so not sure if I'm missing out or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GRRowl74
03-02-2017, 05:09 AM
No dates yet, was a bit optimistic for my time to organize this week, but I'm up for doing a trial run on PS4 this weekend, anyone else?

HeadsWilSned
03-02-2017, 05:28 AM
No dates yet, was a bit optimistic for my time to organize this week, but I'm up for doing a trial run on PS4 this weekend, anyone else?

Count me in

DeadChaos
03-02-2017, 08:23 AM

I will try and join.

bibuman
03-02-2017, 01:25 PM
I would like to join.
I play mostly at night, NA eastern time, 9:30 pm to midnight.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170226/7f9e1580a2e780665f78025826295a29.jpg
This is the base of operations for the MP Operators, a merry gang of Siege Operators with a desire to play more regularly and try to develop some tactics and strategic cooperation. There are no skill requirements, or mandatory K/D - the only requirement is that you try to join our training sessions as often as you can, give us a heads up when you can't, and otherwise do your best to defend Team MPs honor.

So far there are no goals set, other than a goal to win matches. We'll agree on more as we go, and I'll include most of it here.

If you're interested in being part of this project, please comment below. Please include time zone and when you might be able to play on weekdays and weekend. I'm thinking maybe four training sessions a week - where two is set to US time and two is set to European time - depending on how the squad looks. Then each of us will try to participate in at least one of these a week. How's that? Just suggesting here.

The MPO Roster

GRRowl74
HeadsWilSned
MajorStains74
DeadChaos
Regnaw327
Gadnos316
Turnup
Ak-Muhly7/OnebadMofo87
danny0055
CordNerve
tthfry
Phamcis
DJBarBar101
SheepDog320
SugerBooger
Pringle72

GRRowl74
03-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Great, I updated the list. Probably won't be able to arrange an "official" training session this week, but I'm hoping we can get a few of us together tomorrow night for some matches. Since I'm like 6 hours ahead of you, I'll probably not be on when you are - but if we get this right, I hope to get enough players that we'll have someone stateside also involved in organizing this :)

GRRowl74
03-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Everyone make sure you are included in the PS4 Team MP Squad chat and the MP Squad community. Anyone not included, just let me know and I'll add you. Also, make sure you've added the guys on the list, and I recommend adding from the R6 active players list also. If we're gonna get this up and running, we need enough players.

Edit: I have to stress this again - I truly want this to be a project for all platforms, but I need someone to pick up the torch for xbox (and/or pc), I'm only on PS4 so my focus is there.

Major Stains
03-02-2017, 02:00 PM
I'm on now. Message me if anyone is around and I'll quit my Rocket League practice sesision ;)

GRRowl74
03-02-2017, 02:06 PM
I'll be on in just a few minutes. Just tucking the littlest one in :)

AK-Muhly7
03-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Hello my friends!

I'm in Growl...sounds fun and looks like a nice way to meet some mps that I have yet to play with! I am available at night time mostly EST (roughly 8-whenever). This can change and just depends on what I have going on. I'm on the list already...just have wanted to drop my usual play time. I can also try and squeeze in on the times you put out in the future. See yallllll out there! :ar15:

We can also do some custom matches to go over maps and rooms. Looks like we have enough people for it...just comes down to the time zones and peoples availability.

Gadnos316
03-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Everyone make sure you are included in the PS4 Team MP Squad chat and the MP Squad community. Anyone not included, just let me know and I'll add you. Also, make sure you've added the guys on the list, and I recommend adding from the R6 active players list also. If we're gonna get this up and running, we need enough players.

Hey, what is the squad chat? Are you referring to our community on PS4 network? Sorry suck with all the lingo.

GRRowl74
03-03-2017, 01:08 AM
Hey, what is the squad chat? Are you referring to our community on PS4 network? Sorry suck with all the lingo.

No worries, I suck at the lingo myself. I mean the ps4 message groups that pop up on your screen and mess up your game :) I'll add you if you're not there already :)

GRRowl74
03-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Updated roster :)

GRRowl74
03-03-2017, 01:28 AM
I'll be on from 23:00 tonight, London time, that's 17:00 for you guys in the stranger time zones. Hoping to fill a squad at least, and think some thoughts out loud, see how we do. Be nice if you could comment if you'll be on and ballpark estimate when :)

Major Stains
03-03-2017, 02:24 AM
I should be on after midnight GMT.
I'm out at the pub till then, but don't worry, I'm nominated driver so I should still be able to hold the controller.

GRRowl74
03-03-2017, 02:55 AM
don't worry, I'm nominated driver so I should still be able to hold the controller.

"Believe me." ;)

HeadsWilSned
03-03-2017, 06:27 AM
I have my tub of lube sitting ready, as I'm going to get owned tonight :brick:

DeadChaos
03-03-2017, 06:34 AM
I have my tub of lube sitting ready, as I'm going to get owned tonight :brick:

You need good quality lube when it comes to RB6, just saying.

HeadsWilSned
03-03-2017, 06:40 AM
You need good quality lube when it comes to RB6, just saying.

Yeah I'm a little worried about that though dude, I have quantity though :D

GRRowl74
03-03-2017, 06:57 AM
I was thinking we could have Mofo or someone equally skilled to do a Gunny Highway on us, whip us into shape - but all this talk about lubricants has me worried a light whipping might not give the desired result.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170303/ed38971b960d58d214c549ce3ace3946.jpg

Gadnos316
03-03-2017, 09:19 AM
My daughter is sick so who knows my availability. I'll see if I can steal the tv from my wife a little earlier. I'm usually on after 2300 EST. If I'm lucky I'll try to get on when I'm done work also.

AK-Muhly7
03-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Have I been summoned? It smells like latex and hate up in here :ak:

GRRowl74
03-03-2017, 12:18 PM
l'm usually on after 2300 EST.

One of these days I'm gonna have to get up at 5am on a Saturday morning just to play with you guys on a Friday night :)

Gadnos316
03-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Yikes- ready the coffee!! On weekends I can sometimes jump on afternoons here to be on for EU nights as long as I compromise with the wife. With R6, wild lands and Horizon who needs sleep anyway?

GRRowl74
03-03-2017, 03:28 PM
I seriously wouldn't mind, but as long as my youngest is still 2 and doesn't quite grasp the concept of sleeping in on weekends, this is an idea for a later date(year) :)

HeadsWilSned
03-04-2017, 01:38 AM
Wow wow wow wow wow... enough wow's?
Need serious R6 practice, but still managed to have fun with the boys last night - got rekt lol

GRRowl74
03-04-2017, 02:40 AM
Yeah, we might need a few workouts ;)
But seriously, skill isn't the big issue, although I should be prosecuted for reckless gaming at some point. Feel bad for dying half a minute into the round, leaving you guys to save the day. But that's why I'm copper IV! 🤡[emoji51]

What I am noticing, is that we play most rounds as single players, not very much as a team. Sure, we try to convey useful information, but usually post mortem. And that's good, by all means, but we need to try to work together from the start of the round, splitting up into two groups, one attacking from f.x. the west side, one from the east - and then we take out the external cameras, and time the breach so that the enemy has to control two entry points at the same time. We should use our comms as an advantage, pop smoke in one doorway and then attack from two different ones, knowing as we go in who's covering which corner.

Maybe next time we could set up a costum match and test a few times, and then try it in casual.

DeadChaos
03-04-2017, 05:29 AM
Agreed. I can always go as Blitz with smoke with one of you behind me picking of players. Their attention will MOSTLY be focused on me, just not to close as Blitz is a nitro cell magnet and I still feel his shield is broken getting shot through it but his flash shield has saved me a couple of times. I'm up for playing with any standard operator as I don't have them all unlocked yet...just say the word.

tthfry
03-04-2017, 05:36 AM
Maybe next time we could set up a costum match and test a few times, and then try it in casual.

Totally what I thought. We're plenty so getting a custom match to go shouldn't be too hard to coordinate. That way we can set up tactics in quiet without pressure. Like where do wall reinforcements go? Where should I put that Mira? Which Operators should we consider for this map/strat? Hell, even how does this weapon handle with which attachment in any given situation.

AK-Muhly7
03-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Totally what I thought. We're plenty so getting a custom match to go shouldn't be too hard to coordinate. That way we can set up tactics in quiet without pressure. Like where do wall reinforcements go? Where should I put that Mira? Which Operators should we consider for this map/strat? Hell, even how does this weapon handle with which attachment in any given situation.

YUpp good idea!

Gadnos316
03-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Had fun finally get into a game with some of the EU crowd yesterday, thanks for the games! Even though we sadly got wollopped in ranked. Definitely need work on tactics. If we have lots of people custom matches could be cool for practicing. I for one need that, and can admit I was trying to stick with their players yet at the same time was doing my own thing (way to go me... thermiting a wall without giving a heads up). Even when I get my ass kicked I still have fun with the game, but wins are nice too. I think if some of us mps work together we can see more of those W's!

HeadsWilSned
03-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Had fun finally get into a game with some of the EU crowd yesterday, thanks for the games! Even though we sadly got wollopped in ranked. Definitely need work on tactics. If we have lots of people custom matches could be cool for practicing. I for one need that, and can admit I was trying to stick with their players yet at the same time was doing my own thing (way to go me... thermiting a wall without giving a heads up). Even when I get my ass kicked I still have fun with the game, but wins are nice too. I think if some of us mps work together we can see more of those W's!

I just think that the chat will be something worth transcribing if we get MPs all in a custom match. Priceless

GRRowl74
03-04-2017, 02:57 PM
I just think that the chat will be something worth transcribing if we get MPs all in a custom match. Priceless

Need to clear my backlog to record it all [emoji16]

Gadnos316
03-04-2017, 08:16 PM
5291 This is about right

HeadsWilSned
03-05-2017, 01:43 AM
5291 This is about right

Haha that's the funniest, truest thing yet!

EDIT:

http://imgur.com/O6LCtAf.gif

Major Stains
03-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Anyone up for some rounds now?

GRRowl74
03-05-2017, 02:51 PM
I wish, but can't tonight. Chances are I won't be on until this Ghost Recon Extremely Awesome Tuesday(G.R.E.A.T.)

turnup
03-05-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm very slowly getting better. Not good, mind you. Better. The game is slowing down a little bit and I feel more confident. My survival rate is much better, I generally know what gets me killed right away and I'm scoring significantly more kills. I still have a lot to learn but the frustration is less and the enjoyment is much higher.

HeadsWilSned
03-06-2017, 12:04 AM
It's my reflexes that's the problem, I see the bad man, I acknowledge the bad man with hand gestures and nods, throw in a couple of winks, the bad man acknowledges me by placing a well times shot through my skull. I'm left wondering why my potato aim took so long, or at least why the bad man couldn't have the same decency of first introducing himself to me too. I mean learn some manners

tthfry
03-06-2017, 04:20 AM
Hello, Mister Sledge's the name. How are you doing? Don't mind the hammer, I usually only use it to tear down a wall or the other. Would you like some tea? I also brought sime shortbr... *BLAM*

GRRowl74
03-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Hello, Mister Sledge's the name. How are you doing? Don't mind the hammer, I usually only use it to tear down a wall or the other. Would you like some tea? I also brought sime shortbr... *BLAM*

That's been the British way of war for all the ages, hasn't it? I remember some episode of Asterix, where the Romans were fighting the Brits, and they left the battlefield to have their tea.

- Oh, look at the time, old sport! Just pop home for a quick cuppa'. Don't go anywhere, there's a good chap. Be back in a jiffy!

Major Stains
03-06-2017, 07:45 AM
That's been the British way of war for all the ages, hasn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_3-23zAWM

ChordNerve
03-11-2017, 04:45 AM
Ok guys i might be a bit late to response here but i like you to know that im up to play more siege ranked and even in a team for maybe esl can you pls update me if there is a spot and when you disare me to be online for it. Grts Paul

GRRowl74
03-11-2017, 05:15 AM
Ok guys i might be a bit late to response here but i like you to know that im up to play more siege ranked and even in a team for maybe esl can you pls update me if there is a spot and when you disare me to be online for it. Grts Paul

Will do, Cord! Kind of figured you'd be interested, so I took the liberty of sticking your name on the roster already. The project is on a short break celebrating the release of Wildlands, but I plan to kick it in motion with a training session hopefully next week. Will let you all know, to discuss time for it.

HeadsWilSned
03-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Will do, Cord! Kind of figured you'd be interested, so I took the liberty of sticking your name on the roster already. The project is on a short break celebrating the release of Wildlands, but I plan to kick it in motion with a training session hopefully next week. Will let you all know, to discuss time for it.

I would really love to get into a custom match with MPs only... but the planning around dates times and time differences - jeez

GRRowl74
03-11-2017, 11:10 AM
I would really love to get into a custom match with MPs only... but the planning around dates times and time differences - jeez

It is a challenge, no doubt. My hope is that we're enough players from each side of the Atlantic to be able to form two training teams, so that practice times can be "normal" and possible for everyone. Also of course it will be possible to participate with the other group if someone wants or needs to. Ultimately this is ONE MP team, and the goal is that if you practice with either, it will make you ready to play with either - if you get where I'm going with this.

Where we end up with this I'm not too concerned about right now. My primary goal is to play a great game with great people - and try to get better at it. But if down the line we see this is working and we want to set some new goals, I'm all for it.

turnup
03-11-2017, 07:26 PM
I'm up for this on xbox one. I think good communication and familiarity with team members can carry us pretty well in this game.

GRRowl74
03-12-2017, 01:01 AM
I'm up for this on xbox one. I think good communication and familiarity with team members can carry us pretty well in this game.

Glad to hear it, turnup. So far it's been ps4 members mostly showing interest in this. I'm on ps4 myself, so that's mainly where my focus will be. I'll help organize and keep encouraging xbox one-players to join in. But we really need someone to grab the reins for the xbox team, to make it happen.

GRRowl74
03-20-2017, 06:51 AM
*Stomps out cigar and tosses gillie suit in a corner*

Right! Where were we?

I'm up for a training session this week, just to set up a costum game, chat a bit and maybe try out a few things. I'm thinking an hour max. 9 pm-ish London time, either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

Need to set a parallell time for you guys across the Atlantic, anyone want to captain that task?

Gadnos316
03-20-2017, 08:44 PM
For those of us who are stateside... I'm usually on late (after 2300 EST). Anyone else play late? Would love for us to get some squads going !

DeadChaos
03-21-2017, 07:20 AM
*Stomps out cigar and tosses gillie suit in a corner*

Right! Where were we?

I'm up for a training session this week, just to set up a costum game, chat a bit and maybe try out a few things. I'm thinking an hour max. 9 pm-ish London time, either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

Need to set a parallell time for you guys across the Atlantic, anyone want to captain that task?

Friday will probably be best for me, otherwise I can try for Wednesday Thursday but maybe it will only be from 21:30, I can't really say. Depends how much time is spent on listening to partner complaining about work, school, kids, food, etc......I'm a good listener you know!

GRRowl74
03-22-2017, 10:21 AM
Ok, wednesday(today) is out for me, have some issues to tend to. If Friday is good for everyone, we'll go for that - it's probably the best choice for me too.

DeadChaos
03-22-2017, 10:44 AM
I should be there.

HeadsWilSned
03-22-2017, 10:56 AM
I should be there.

Def Fri

Gadnos316
03-22-2017, 08:17 PM
In the future should we try to make an announcement for times on here then create an event on PS community? Do people even pay attention to that?

GRRowl74
03-23-2017, 01:08 AM
My experience is that ps4 events rarely make much of a difference, but that's just me. Those interested are either in here, or in the ps4 chat group. Dunno if anyone else has a different opinion?

DeadChaos
03-23-2017, 04:52 AM
If an event is created on PS4 it will be best to tag/invite players when creating it to ensure they get the message but then again we don't want to be babysitting people going through long lists picking who to invite. I think it would be best to create an event here and share the thread link in the PS4 chat group so people can signup on the forums then when we have the names we can create a PS4 event and tag those specific players. Surely clicking a link that has been provided for you and takes you directly to the thread does not involve too much work? Might also encourage them to participate on here more often.

I've also noticed when posting a link in the communities app you can not click on that link which is really stupid SONY. Links work fine in the chat group app...again why do we need 3 apps SONY???

End of the day we need to get people on the forums and when a game night has been arranged here then we can move on and create the event on PS4. Just my thoughts gents.

Gadnos316
03-23-2017, 08:33 AM
My experience is that ps4 events rarely make much of a difference, but that's just me. Those interested are either in here, or in the ps4 chat group. Dunno if anyone else has a different opinion?

Thanks for the input guys. Where is the chat group?

I guess it could be confusing to set up events in numerous places. I don't know if it exists, but it would be cool if PSN (and XB) could create a lobby on the console where people could put themselves in a cue for an event until the number of people needed is met. I don't know my own system ;)

I like the idea of using the link to send people to the event page here, sucks that D.C. said you can't click on it. Bad Sony.

GRRowl74
03-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Where is the chat group?

Invited you to chat and community on ps4 :)

HeadsWilSned
03-23-2017, 10:03 AM
I've said it before and I stick by it, anything outside of this forum should be used as a means of herding traffic back to the forums, I'm all for using any and all means of traffic generating side projects, as long as it all is only to push back here and promote what we have here - and since links don't redirect as it should (as mentioned by DC) it's not going to be as effective using it - def create events on the forum and then promote those on the other media formats

DeadChaos
03-24-2017, 05:15 AM
Hopefully Sony will fix the link issue but for now I will post links in the chat groups only. You can of course copy the link from the communities app and paste it in a browser but that is not ideal. Maybe I can not click on links within my own posts but that does not make sense as it can be done in the chat groups. Anyway, I'll post a test link in the Team MP community and you guys can let me know if it's clickable.

GRRowl74
03-24-2017, 08:26 AM
Hi! Hoping we get at least six to join today, so we can practice some full squad attack/defense strategies.

I'm thinking we can run through a couple of these things in an hour:

Attack
- droning
- Operator choices
- Breach and clear
- Flanking
- Prefire positions - where to shoot first
- Objective strategies - how to approach differently

Defense
- Operator choices
- Objective strategies
- Reinforcement - where and how
- Entry point defense

Probably can't cover all this, but I figure we start with attack. I don't have all the answers, and I don't mean to be the boss in this - so please come with suggestions and ideas. This is just a preliminary list of things to discuss/work on.

I suggest we meet up in a party chat first, then set up a custom match.

HeadsWilSned
03-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi! Hoping we get at least six to join today, so we can practice some full squad attack/defense strategies.

I'm thinking we can run through a couple of these things in an hour:

Attack
- droning
- Operator choices
- Breach and clear
- Flanking
- Prefire positions - where to shoot first
- Objective strategies - how to approach differently

Defense
- Operator choices
- Objective strategies
- Reinforcement - where and how
- Entry point defense

Probably can't cover all this, but I figure we start with attack. I don't have all the answers, and I don't mean to be the boss in this - so please come with suggestions and ideas. This is just a preliminary list of things to discuss/work on.

I suggest we meet up in a party chat first, then set up a custom match.

I'm in, can't add anything other than try to have my deaths serve more as a sacrifice than just a pointless loss

DeadChaos
03-24-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm quite happy to guide you guys in with Twitch's drone. Helped with some randoms so worth a try, anyway will discuss in chat.

tthfry
03-24-2017, 02:08 PM
Count me in.

HeadsWilSned
03-24-2017, 03:49 PM
May have to take a rain check on tonight guys my little one just started with what looks like a stomach bug

GRRowl74
03-24-2017, 07:10 PM
May have to take a rain check on tonight guys my little one just started with what looks like a stomach bug

No problem, hope the little one feels better. We had a nice run at causal after about an hour of practice - won 4 out of 5 matches :)

HeadsWilSned
03-25-2017, 01:46 AM
No problem, hope the little one feels better. We had a nice run at causal after about an hour of practice - won 4 out of 5 matches :)

Whole week I've been looking forward to it. Nice turn out?
Little one handled it like a champ - very proud daddy here - she's much better this morning having kept us up for the better part of the night/morning

GRRowl74
03-25-2017, 02:29 AM
We were four for the training session, didn't get to train much on actual attack strategies - but we checked out some maps and discussed different defense/attack options. Especially looked at ways to open up lines of sight for defenders. In casual afterwards we tried to work in team of two, breaching at two sides. I went with DC most rounds - he breached, I flashbanged. Felt like we pushed the enemy more efficiently than before, had them on their heels in many rounds. We won comfortably maybe 3 out of 5 matches - and played pretty even on the last two, losing one and winning the other. Personally I kind of fell into old playing patterns at the end, and got killed doing the same old mistakes. Which kind of proves there's something to this.

Good to hear your little girl is feeling a bit better - it's hard to see your kids sick like that. Fingers crossed the rest of the family stay healthy :)

tthfry
03-25-2017, 06:48 AM
Yeah, the later matches weren't all too glorious for me either. I blame the little hours we already got into. I actually dropped from MVP of the first match (my first MVP by the way) to only a few hundred points last light in the last match with a 0-0-5 record. We had some pretty close ones. The loss was a double overtime, IIRC. I think it's worth mentioning that we played casual with a full squad - it does make a huge difference even if there's just 1 random in.

Sadly neither House nor Club House were on our map rotation for the casuals, so we couldn't really test what we tried out earlier. I feel we need to put some more training into redecorating the objective rooms. Seen it a lot in videos lately and in many cases it really makes sense.

Gadnos316
03-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Glad to hear your little one is feeling better Heads!

Seems like you guys got some good work in, awesome! I had every intent to get on with people, unfortunately can never tell what my baby will be doing in the evening. Breaching and droning are definite areas that would be good to do as a team. I've played against teams that have destroyed my team because of their coordinated breaching and communication.

GRRowl I'm with ya, it's very easy to fall into old habits. But cmon... sometimes you just feel like going lone wolf Rambo on 'em.

DeadChaos
03-25-2017, 01:04 PM
I think the tiredness kicked in in the end for me. First couple of games were great, just think, if we played rank I might of been in silver now lol.

GRRowl74
03-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Hahaha, DC - we always feel cocky after winning on casual, and then what happens? Though I have to admit, yesterday I felt it. I have a dream of once playing this game rested and sharp. I'd probably be platinum in no time. In my dream, that is.

Gadnos - you are so right. Last night I had two enemies lining up their heads for me on two separate occations - that damned double kill - such a tease. Makes a man take chances that does. My peeking contests seldom end the way I want them to.

HeadsWilSned
03-26-2017, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the games last night guys, sorry a bit rusty

Oops wrong thread

DeadChaos
03-26-2017, 11:06 AM
Oops wrong thread

5000 renown penalty and demoted to copper rank!

HeadsWilSned
03-26-2017, 11:37 AM
5000 renown penalty and demoted to copper rank!

PROMOTED!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/7H6EssF.gif

tthfry
03-27-2017, 05:04 AM
OK guys. New week, new luck. Do we have a fixture on Friday nights now, or do we choose loosely every week? I don't know why, but I'm totally game today. :ar15:

GRRowl74
03-27-2017, 07:33 AM
Would be too, but I won't be home till late - and my wife might object a tiny bit if I choose to spend my only hour of home time on the ps4. Really needy, that one [emoji6][emoji16]

I'll be on Tuesday if all goes well. Was planning on a trip to Bolivia, but I am tempted to play some Siege instead. If I do get the chance to play tonight, you'll notice ;)

GRRowl74
03-28-2017, 01:01 PM
I'll be playing Siege tonight - no training session tho, meeting up with N-D and anyone who wants to join for a push on ranked :) I'm leaving copper, on a jet plane - don't know when I'll be back again...

HeadsWilSned
03-28-2017, 01:04 PM
I'll be playing Siege tonight - no training session tho, meeting up with N-D and anyone who wants to join for a push on ranked :) I'm leaving copper, on a jet plane - don't know when I'll be back again...

I'll drag you back down don't you worry.

Not tonight, I'm taking it slow this week, saving up some sleep debt for TF2 closer the weekend

DeadChaos
03-29-2017, 02:29 AM

So did you make it to bronze?

GRRowl74
03-30-2017, 01:38 AM
So did you make it to bronze?

Sadly no, but I am on my way! Ranked up to Copper III - sorry - copper 3(don't wanna make it look better than it is) ND was a great help, and - as he pointed out to me - I am better than copper if I just stop dying so damn much. Which means no more peeking contests for this guy. And this time I mean it! For real. No joke. Absolutely one hundred percent hands down honestly true.

Believe me.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170330/3f54d2e118ef306b40c92b251f67f148.jpg

DeadChaos
03-30-2017, 03:07 AM
I played two last night, won both, bronze 2 now. That is probably until the weekend when I drop 3 matches again. One thing I noticed, early morning on a Saturday/Sunday is packed with kids on mic, disaster for your rank.

tthfry
03-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Training and ranked tonight? Anyone? Well... anyfour?

DeadChaos
03-31-2017, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure yet, might be on Titanfall 2 tonight with Heads, Gadnos and possibly Southtown.

HeadsWilSned
03-31-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure yet, might be on Titanfall 2 tonight with Heads, Gadnos and possibly Southtown.

What in blazes do you mean might?!

I'm watching you!

GRRowl74
03-31-2017, 01:13 PM
Sorry mateys, have to be the merry host this weekend, as we have visitors and, since it's my parents, I can't pawn them off on my wife. Will try to join Sunday though, if anyone's playing.

DeadChaos
03-31-2017, 01:29 PM
What in blazes do you mean might?!

I'm watching you!

:behindsofa: See ya later!

turnup
03-31-2017, 06:01 PM
I took the plunge into ranked this week. I'm fairly new to the game and was hesitant to try but I just did it. I played well in some matches and not well in others but overall it was a really positive experience. I ranked at Bronze 3 so I'll take it.

GRRowl74
04-01-2017, 01:23 AM
I took the plunge into ranked this week. I'm fairly new to the game and was hesitant to try but I just did it. I played well in some matches and not well in others but overall it was a really positive experience. I ranked at Bronze 3 so I'll take it.

Good job, that's a decent start. Just make sure you don't get sucked in, like me, and drop down to copper 4. It's a quick drop, but a long climb back up, if you're going it alone with a bunch of no good randoms.

tthfry
04-01-2017, 09:37 AM
I hit the dirt and finally started playing something different than TH. Just some casual with casuals, but usually I don't even like to play with complete strangers. I guess I was lucky, but I only got deliberately TKed once, that's good for a good couple of matches. Performance was sub-par but I managed to not die every round and even got a kill or the other (snatched 2 independent Fuze kills in Dostoyevsky one round).

GRRowl74
04-01-2017, 10:03 AM
I hit the dirt and finally started playing something different than TH. Just some casual with casuals, but usually I don't even like to play with complete strangers. I guess I was lucky, but I only got deliberately TKed once, that's good for a good couple of matches. Performance was sub-par but I managed to not die every round and even got a kill or the other (snatched 2 independent Fuze kills in Dostoyevsky one round).

Nice! Casual does have that risk of meeting TK'ers, but seems fewer now thankfully. Can't wait to get some games in with you guys again, need my R6 fix.

turnup
04-01-2017, 07:13 PM
I found that my ranked matches (establishing rank) were about the same. I'm sure that higher ranked matches are different but I didn't see much difference between casual and ranked.

DeadChaos
04-03-2017, 04:33 AM
I found that my ranked matches (establishing rank) were about the same. I'm sure that higher ranked matches are different but I didn't see much difference between casual and ranked.

I found the same....that is until I was ranked in silver when things started to get rough and immediately dropped to bronze soon after.

GRRowl74
04-03-2017, 04:36 AM
I found the same....that is until I was ranked in silver when things started to get rough and immediately dropped to bronze soon after.

Silver rank and up is tricky business when travelling alone. Usually the teams you meet have at least two players communicating, and if you're on a silent team with all randoms, and maybe two roamers hunting for kills with no regard for team co-op, then the road to bronze is a short one.

GRRowl74
04-07-2017, 01:30 AM
I'll be on tonight from early evening till early morning, probably jumping between GR:Wildlands and R6:Siege depending on what MPs wanna play.

HeadsWilSned
04-07-2017, 09:40 AM
I'll be on tonight from early evening till early morning, probably jumping between GR:Wildlands and R6:Siege depending on what MPs wanna play.

I have a date with BF1 tonight and TF2 tomorrow night, but there will def. still be enough room left in between for some GR:W and R6 as long as there's a spot available in squad

GRRowl74
04-07-2017, 10:14 AM
I'll be sure to keep a spot open for you ;)

HeadsWilSned
04-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the guidance guys, I can see from just doing this a little at a time I'll get my bearings pretty quickly

ChordNerve
04-15-2017, 12:52 AM
Any one playing today?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

DeadChaos
04-15-2017, 03:38 AM
I'm away till Monday unfortunately.

GRRowl74
07-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Just posted about this series on the ranked thread - much to learn, dudes and dudettes:

http://youtu.be/veASIzfJS2I

DeadChaos
07-11-2017, 02:54 AM
What happens when you already have diamond in your head but do not have the skills to execute it.......

Best part about casual is when you are the only left, top of the scorecard, win the game for your team and someone votes to kick you because you took to long in their opinion.

GRRowl74
07-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Yeah, no cure for duchebags, apparently.

GRRowl74
07-12-2017, 12:35 PM
We're gonna have to practice on this one, lads [emoji1]

http://youtu.be/8tX15X9dNn8

GRRowl74
07-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Think I've posted this once already in another thread, but this is a must-watch as far as I'm concerned. If you know this, and get it, remember it, and use it - you will be that much harder to kill. Don't promise anything for killing the other guy, though - you still have to aim. [emoji6]

http://youtu.be/GkCWEWwARAg

Major Stains
07-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Everytime I get shot from some distant crack in the window or fail to hit the enemy with my bukake style spray and pray aiming skills, I sit there watching the remaining gameplay through my teammates cam and promise to myself "I really should start watching those tip/ guide vids that GRRowl keeps sharing on the forums!

One day I will find the time. One day.

GRRowl74
07-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Everytime I get shot from some distant crack in the window or fail to hit the enemy with my bukake style spray and pray aiming skills, I sit there watching the remaining gameplay through my teammates cam and promise to myself "I really should start watching those tip/ guide vids that GRRowl keeps sharing on the forums!

One day I will find the time. One day.

What, you don't bring your phone to the toilet anymore?

Major Stains
07-20-2017, 02:02 PM
What, you don't bring your phone to the toilet anymore?

That is considered too lazy in this house, so my wife fitted the toilet to a skateboard so I can still do all the DIY whilst 'dropping the kids off at the pool!'.

DeadChaos
07-20-2017, 02:05 PM
Can't lean on console though.

GRRowl74
07-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Can't lean on console though.

When you're aiming you can. Default L3/R3

DeadChaos
07-21-2017, 03:19 AM
I meant without aiming.

GRRowl74
07-21-2017, 03:47 AM
I meant without aiming.

Thought so :) But leaning while aiming still gives you the desired effect described in the video - you lean as you peek, and peeking is done while aiming. At least for those of us without the wizard aim to headshot from the hip.

tthfry
07-21-2017, 05:00 AM
I've had some hard laughing high range accidental hip fire pistol headshots in my T-Hunt training sessions. If only somehow I could learn building on that...

GRRowl74
07-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Ok - strat chat.

Had a look at R6maps.com - have a look btw, great for studying maps. Learning the names of the rooms, to start with. Big task just there. First goal - learn every room on first floor of Bank. Should be easy enough. Learn them by heart - there may or may not be a test this weekend ;)

Droning is an important part of this game, to get info on enemies whereabouts. Attackers have the perk of knowing where every camera is (if they've played for a while), unless you count Val's blackeyes. On defense Mute usually have to choose between getting ready for the attack or denying drone entry - the last one often feels futile as the drones usually slip by anyway. Another important task is to stop Twitch's drone from destroying gadgets in OBJ. I'm wondering if there is a possible strat to make this easier. If we study the maps, there are several OBJs with no drone tunnels and 2-3 doors - where drones slip under the barricades. My suggestion is we try to equip at least 2 or 3 operators with deployable shields. These are placed in the doorway in prep phase and will deny Twitch entry as long as there are no tunnels. Then we place Mute transmitters behind the shields to prevent other drones to leap over. This will leave reinforced walls open for breaching, but the most important thing about this strat isn't to make sure the attackers doesn't breach, but that they get no info about what they're breaching into. The half open doorways gives us the opportunity to get in and out of OBJ during the round, and we can cover the doorways both from inside OBJ and from outside positions. What do you think? Worth a try?

tthfry
07-24-2017, 09:39 AM
Droning is an important part of this game, to get info on enemies whereabouts. Attackers have the perk of knowing where every camera is (if they've played for a while), unless you count Val's blackeyes. On defense Mute usually have to choose between getting ready for the attack or denying drone entry - the last one often feels hard. Another important task is to stop Twitch's drone from destroying gadgets in OBJ. I'm wondering if there is a possible strat to make this easier. If we study the maps, there are several OBJs with no drone tunnels and 2-3 doors - where drones slip under the barricades. My suggestion is we try to equip at least 2 or 3 operators with deployable shields. These are placed in the doorway in prep phase and will deny Twitch entry as long as there are no tunnels. Then we place Mute transmitters behind the shields to prevent other drones to leap over. This will leave reinforced walls open for breaching, but the most important thing about this strat isn't to make sure the attackers doesn't breach, but that they get no info about what they're breaching into. The half open doorways gives us the opportunity to get in and out of OBJ during the round, and we can cover the doorways both from inside OBJ and from outside positions. What do you think? Worth a try?

Sound good to me. I've been kind of maining Mute the last couple of months and I've known about the shield in doorway trick. I just can't get my head wrapped around where the drone tunnels are. Sometimes I plain forget that I'm Mute and then there are the other times about 80% of the time where I just don't know all the ways into objective. Oh and of course every now and then the attacker's drone happens to spawn in front of the drone tunnel on OBJ - good luck muting that.

By the way, I did that once with Rook, you can *kind of* protect a jammer near a drone tunnel from being twitched by placing the armor down blocking the view. You can't completely block it though. It's a viable option e.g. in Snow Mobile Garage on Chalet. Be aware that it doesn't always work out as intended.

GRRowl74
07-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Another way of blocking for drones/Twitch is to place a shield facing inwards in a doorway to OBJ. This will make it possible to barricade/Castle the door from the outside while also blocking Twitch. With the transmitter in place this will also prevent breaching charges and Fuze charges, which leaves only frags and Ash charges able to penetrate. And Sledge of course. Important thing to remember is that this will leave you outside the OBJ unless you leave another entry point open. Also, an experienced player will be able to spot if the door is barricaded from the inside or outside of the room.

GRRowl74
07-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Sound good to me. I've been kind of maining Mute the last couple of months and I've known about the shield in doorway trick. I just can't get my head wrapped around where the drone tunnels are. Sometimes I plain forget that I'm Mute and then there are the other times about 80% of the time where I just don't know all the ways into objective. Oh and of course every now and then the attacker's drone happens to spawn in front of the drone tunnel on OBJ - good luck muting that.

By the way, I did that once with Rook, you can *kind of* protect a jammer near a drone tunnel from being twitched by placing the armor down blocking the view. You can't completely block it though. It's a viable option e.g. in Snow Mobile Garage on Chalet. Be aware that it doesn't always work out as intended.

I'm pretty certain it's impossible to prevent any drone ever finding it's way into OBJ in prep phase - but that doesn't mean the strat won't work. Mute transmitters inside the room will be hard for regular drones to avoid with no Twitch to help them. The ones that do get through can be destroyed if we pay attention and shoot straight, or at least wait for the prep phase to be over so their drones stop moving for 3 seconds.There is Thatcher of course, but any strat can be countered, that's like the main point in Siege. This only works as long as the enemy doesn't get it. Besides, few teams pick Thatcher to do anything but help Thermite/Hibana

GRRowl74
07-24-2017, 09:59 AM
We could set up a custom match some time to do some testing.

GRRowl74
07-27-2017, 02:46 AM
This is a nice one. One interesting piece of info I wasn't aware of: If you're in a squad of 5, the matchmaking will first try to pair you with another squad of 5. Which kind of explains a lot.

http://youtu.be/z2jAhMIXHhI

GRRowl74
07-29-2017, 09:37 AM
Just had this idea that I'd learned something, and that it showed in some of my last matches. Not so much yesterday, though [emoji16]
But anyway, here's GRRowl's take on droning:

http://youtu.be/msu0iwKLYuI

GRRowl74
08-16-2017, 05:20 AM
Maybe this is more on our level? [emoji16]

http://youtu.be/44lJVdkj_XU

Gadnos316
08-16-2017, 05:48 AM
All stuff we know but good to hear anyway, I still play like a noobie sometimes :baby:

DeadChaos
08-16-2017, 05:57 AM
Thanks but Chuck Norris don't need no guides.

GRRowl74
08-16-2017, 12:09 PM
Thanks but Chuck Norris don't need no guides.

But I think he buys his jeans in the same shop as IQ...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/dc0da0aea4bb30495d2b788f97be0aa0.jpg

DeadChaos
08-16-2017, 12:40 PM
But I think he buys his jeans in the same shop as IQ...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/dc0da0aea4bb30495d2b788f97be0aa0.jpg

:laugh::lol:

Retro
08-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Just had this idea that I'd learned something, and that it showed in some of my last matches. Not so much yesterday, though [emoji16]
But anyway, here's GRRowl's take on droning:

I liked the one at the end, it created a ........Major Stain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

Major Stains
08-16-2017, 03:12 PM
I liked the one at the end, it created a ........Major Stain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

Can't beat my famous knifing-gun...