PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1 - Biggest BF disappointment?

Retro
05-22-2017, 09:13 PM
This game seems to have died off pretty fast, not just here but with the BF community as a whole.

There was a ton of excitement with pre-launch hype and even during the initial launch.

The only other game that fell fast like this was Hardline but I think that even lasted longer and it's not a "main series" title.

What say you?

HardlyCapable13
05-22-2017, 11:21 PM
I enjoyed the game quite a bit, though never got through my EA trial hours (and yes, I purchased it). I think for me it's that I'm overly bored with online FPS games (that aren't R6 Siege).

HeadsWilSned
05-23-2017, 12:38 AM
I enjoyed the game quite a bit, though never got through my EA trial hours (and yes, I purchased it). I think for me it's that I'm overly bored with online FPS games (that aren't R6 Siege).

I got done with this title some while back, for me it started with the random deaths from grenade spam, which you would think after so many iterations of this franchise DICE would have gotten better at balancing by now. But absolutely the death knell came with the most recent - I call it DICE f***k you - latency update.

I've been a supporter of this Franchise since bf4 (not nearly as long as some of you) and even bought bf3 because of it... Didn't do Hardline since it was another studio or at least had a nother studio involved somehow.
Bought Battlefront bacause, well, Star Wars but also DICE.

With bf1 I saw a lot of what they tested with Battlefront make it info bf, the fact that you started realizing that DICE tested stuff with Battlefront should have been more clear, but I suppose hype...

Anyway, bf1 turned into an "easier" shooter or rather dumbed down - I believe this is where most of the community lost interest. The only content you ever see anymore is from CTE on stuff they testing out or will eventually get to vanilla or maybe not...

Anyway bottom line - I get the lag, I get the frustrations with playing with other people when they have bad latency - but lets face it, the latency has always been made out to benefit those with high ping and that's just rubbish, or I'd be king of the hill around these woods, which I'm not. Not close. But making changes to your game, whereby when you want to continue to play with your world wide communities that you've built, but now have to make your own adjustments to a mathematical equation of milliseconds, which is impossible to calculate and the evidence to this is clear in the gameplay - because you should play on your own servers in your own region. Splitting the community even more and esp. pissing off loyal players who don't have servers to start with.

SA servers were introduced earlier this year, lets call it 10 for this purpose - 2 are populated with players, both TDM.

So if I want to play bf I have to play a version of COD - no vehicles smaller maps and people obsessing over KD.

NOT what I signed up for.

As to the latency, I've been meaning to put a vid together for this community to show some of it, to highlight the difference in play from before the update, after and on SA servers where I average a sub 20ms ping.

Tell me then that I had an unfair advantage and that I spoiled the game for my international friends. Where truth be told this issue is a DICE specific issue highlighted by their famed advanced bullet drop, travel time, projectile mechanics.

These all exist in some form or another in other shooters, but none to DICE's standards, yet I play those with friends and we don't have this shit.

TITANFALL for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DeadChaos
05-23-2017, 03:20 AM
This game has no content or progression hence why I got bored of it. How do you go from BF4 to this?? I think the hype for the WW1 setting got to much sales so Dice could get away with minimal effort and then patch the game over the next 4 years with stuff that should have been in the game from launch. I hear women soldiers are coming in the next DLC which should have been in the game from the start.....all this crap is just to con people into buying DLC!

Snipers.....no need to say more, I've complained enough about them, nothing has changed. How many level 10 assault players have you seen use anything except the Hellriegel? Does that not indicate a problem Dice?? Nothing has changed. How many support players uses repair tool?? It's broken and not needed. When you can go for an entire match in only one tank there is a problem Dice! If tanks need self repair then maybe it should only be possible when there are a minimum of 2/3 players in the tank. At the moment, pop smoke, hit the instant repair, drive behind cover, repair tank to 100% rinse and repeat.

Why was the battlelog removed for this useless BF1 companion app that only recently got platoons, big step backwards in my opinion. I have loads more grievances but it's nothing I have not said on here before.

I'd rather keep supporting games like Titanfall 2 and RB6 Siege where you have the option to buy DLC like operators and cosmetic items but can also still grind to unlock them for free.....oh.....and DLC maps should be free for everyone!

TonkaToys
05-23-2017, 05:48 AM
I was looking forward to this title, but my biggest issue is that not enough MPs play it anymore.

The matches with full squads was simply great; yes all of the issues that Heads and DC mention above existed but none of it mattered with full squads of MPs, because the company made it fun. Hell, if we played Tetris with a big group of MPs and it would be fun.

There are just too many good games out there, but there are not enough MPeeps playing together. It's happened with this, it happened with GR:W.

Gadnos316
05-23-2017, 06:35 AM
I loved this game at first. The campaign was awesome and truth be told I'll play it again. The allure of this game for me was a new setting, something we hadn't seen before in a game. I got into BF4 way too late so I didn't get to experience it on the level you all speak of. But his one seemed to stale rather quick.

By the time I joined Team MP, it seemed most people were onto other games, showing it lost its allure quickly. I think the lack of customization is huge, but how much weapons can you possibly have from that time period? The unlockables are disappointing to say the least... this is something that usually keeps me going in a game (which is why I love Titanfall and now my new love, Injustice). It doesn't give a whole lot of incentive to keep playing if you're into that kind of thing.

And of course as you all mentioned, the spam of grenades and snipers. Nothing in this game infuriates me more. Plus the division of the community. Let's be honest... we all knew that would happen going in because we knew there was DLC. But we wanted the game anyway. It looked to be a new experience and because of old era weapons perhaps some of us thought we'd be playing on more level ground. Hundreds of grenades to the face later I can see that was not true.

I'll still play from time to time because I like the giant battles, but seems too many have left for good, and honestly I don't blame those that have.

HeadsWilSned
05-23-2017, 07:19 AM
I was looking forward to this title, but my biggest issue is that not enough MPs play it anymore.

The matches with full squads was simply great; yes all of the issues that Heads and DC mention above existed but none of it mattered with full squads of MPs, because the company made it fun. Hell, if we played Tetris with a big group of MPs and it would be fun.

There are just too many good games out there, but there are not enough MPeeps playing together. It's happened with this, it happened with GR:W.

I would be on there playing it still, if big triple A DICE gave a rats arse about me (I know right - delusions of grandeur!)

I hear what you're saying about all the good content out there, but honestly this can be solved with little effort.

I'm not going to hijack the thread here and toot any more on Titanfall 2 - you all know how awesome that is by now (grin) but we've been promoting hard among the guys that play that title to get together on regular game "events" with great success.

I've fallen into the trap of too much, so I've dumbed down a little, and I've been focussing hard on a hand full that I enjoy number 1, and def not to be second best, that gets community attention here - since that's my only reason here

I'll say it again, I stopped playing this shyte because DICE told me to stick it to all of you good peeps and play with others - I say f***k that, and them - because MP is home, and I like staying home!

Hurrah [emoji16]

Major Stains
05-23-2017, 11:48 AM
I loved the setting of BF1, the weaponary, the sounds etc. All of it pretty much summed up what I look for in a shooter.
But once you take away the Community from a multiplayer game, it soon loses all of its appeal to me.
Like Hardline, I have nothing against the game or the maps. Sure the way some people play a game can get infuriating but it has never been a deal braker for me. It basically boils down to not having friends playing the title, so I am less inclined to put the disc in if I don't see anyone on.

Of all the recent BF titles, I miss BF4 the most. Even now, I would play that game before any of the other BF games.
In the end it was the most incredible shooter I've experienced to date.

I got into BF4 way too late so I didn't get to experience it on the level you all speak of.

In a way you did and you didn't. As it was such a broken PoS at launch it was pretty much dropped by MPs on the PS4.
It was only after a year of tweaks and patches did it become the gem that it is now.
Sadly with the launch of so many other titles, the userbase is so diluted that it doesn't even get a look in.

So in summary, for me I've stopped playing BF1 because of a lack of friends to play it with.
Yes, my personal life has gone nuts so I have less time to game in general. But when I do I head for the titles that friends are playing e.g. Siege, FIFA or a single player game like Forza to fill the time.

HeadsWilSned
05-23-2017, 12:36 PM
I loved the setting of BF1, the weaponary, the sounds etc. All of it pretty much summed up what I look for in a shooter.
But once you take away the Community from a multiplayer game, it soon loses all of its appeal to me.
Like Hardline, I have nothing against the game or the maps. Sure the way some people play a game can get infuriating but it has never been a deal braker for me. It basically boils down to not having friends playing the title, so I am less inclined to put the disc in if I don't see anyone on.

Of all the recent BF titles, I miss BF4 the most. Even now, I would play that game before any of the other BF games.
In the end it was the most incredible shooter I've experienced to date.

In a way you did and you didn't. As it was such a broken PoS at launch it was pretty much dropped by MPs on the PS4.
It was only after a year of tweaks and patches did it become the gem that it is now.
Sadly with the launch of so many other titles, the userbase is so diluted that it doesn't even get a look in.

So in summary, for me I've stopped playing BF1 because of a lack of friends to play it with.
Yes, my personal life has gone nuts so I have less time to game in general. But when I do I head for the titles that friends are playing e.g. Siege, FIFA or a single player game like Forza to fill the time.

Sheeeat man, there's always Titanfall just there around the corner - I know I gone done it again! I'm sorry [emoji52]

Spike Forehand
05-23-2017, 12:59 PM
For me, it's the second best Battlefield game behind BFBC2, and I still load it up once in a while. Saturday night I got in some matches with RC and Beeano and that was a ton of fun. IMO it's clearly outlasted Hardline and Battlefront which were over really fast imo.

I will keep joining if I see others on and I'm in the mood for multiplayer as it appears the GR:W multiplayer action has dried up since most finished the game.

I can't imagine a world where I don't occasionally load up the latest BF game.

HeadsWilSned
05-23-2017, 03:10 PM
I want to just mirror what DC said. Just watched one of my go2 news and content update you-tubers, and it's simply astonishing how these guys are all raving about content that either should have been in game from the start and/or should have been free. Yet the only footage you ever see is from CTE which unless someone corrects me, is still only available to PC. A far departure from bf4 days.

REMEC87
05-23-2017, 03:43 PM
For me, it's the second best Battlefield game behind BFBC2, and I still load it up once in a while. Saturday night I got in some matches with RC and Beeano and that was a ton of fun. IMO it's clearly outlasted Hardline and Battlefront which were over really fast imo.

I will keep joining if I see others on and I'm in the mood for multiplayer as it appears the GR:W multiplayer action has dried up since most finished the game.

I can't imagine a world where I don't occasionally load up the latest BF game.

I still play BF1 regularly and we usually have a full squad of MPs (friends of MPs) every night.

The lack of content and progression is tough but I'm only an FPS kinda of gamer. Call of duty maps are smaller and no vehicles but the gameplay style is too fast paced and designed so that no area is defendable it's just running with scissors in circles.

Sticking with this one until no one plays but DICE had better get moving with content or they're going to ruin the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retro
05-23-2017, 04:36 PM
I don't want to anything from DICE regarding BF unless it contains the words " Bad Company 3".

REMEC87
05-23-2017, 05:32 PM
I don't want to anything from DICE regarding BF unless it contains the words " Bad Company 3".

Agreed!

REMEC87
05-23-2017, 05:33 PM
Or Bad Company 2 remastered