PDA

View Full Version : BEER:30

DB4
03-19-2009, 11:48 PM
I am currently craving a nice ice cold tasty adult beverage...something dark maybe? an ale? hmmm....so many options. :D

Any recommendations???

Hoppy Face Amber Ale or Hoppy Brewery's Burnt Sienna Ale?
Newcastle??? Sierra Nevada? Lagunitas IPA?
Even Budweiser's American Ale would suffice.

Damn, i'm thirsty!

brainburns
03-19-2009, 11:55 PM
My vote would be Newcastle, or Harp or a nice hefeweisen, may not be dark enough for you. Man I'm getting thirsty!

StrawHousePig
03-20-2009, 01:26 AM
I tried that "American Ale" stuff once. Never again. Damn that was nasty.

I'd give one of my Guinness if I could.

Sniper
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
i've always been a fan of Michelob Amberbock nice dark amber color with a smooth taste ummmm , man now i'm thirsty...

Borlaxx
03-20-2009, 09:00 AM
I like most beers except anything made by Bud or Natural Ice. My favorite is actually a Chinese beer called Tsing Tao. Smooth, crisp and delicious! Althouth it is a lighter beer (not a light beer), I tend to favor the darks better. Well, except for Guinness. Otter, I don't know how you can drink that motor oil! Nasty :?

Sniper
03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
ahh Guiness i don't know how anyone can drink that ,IMO it smells and tastes like tree bark , with the consisity of motor oil , nasty stuff!! , and some other good beers are any kind of Sam Adams , and a good ole Yeungling..but i usally drink Miller Light

Trez
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
As some of you may know, my wife is having me show support in her pregnancy by me not drinking. I think I'll abstain from this topic as well :P

StrawHousePig
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
You guys are babies! That stuff's delicious. My favorite though, is a local. Nimbus Oatmeal Stout. Now that is one tasty beer.

03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Keep your hands off of my Heine!!!

Borlaxx
03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Sniper-1]and a good ole Yeungling..

My favorite inexpensive beer! I believe one of the bottleing plants is here in FL, so you can find it everywhere here for little money, and since they don't have far to traval, they seem to be more fresh than ones I have gotten while out of state.

You guys are babies! That stuff's delicious. My favorite though, is a local. Nimbus Oatmeal Stout. Now that is one tasty beer.

Oatmeal?!?! Double Nasty!!!!!!!

Sniper
03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
[quote="[MP]Sniper-1":2okllrun]and a good ole Yeungling..

My favorite inexpensive beer! I believe one of the bottleing plants is here in FL, so you can find it everywhere here for little money, and since they don't have far to traval, they seem to be more fresh than ones I have gotten while out of state.[/quote:2okllrun]

yeah the main plant is located here in PA just a few hours trip from my place so getting fresh beer isn't a problem...

brainburns
03-20-2009, 09:53 AM
I usually find myself reaching for Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, or some Blue Moon.

Cicatriz, big props to you for supporting your wife in her pregnancy. I definitely respect that. I don't drink much as it is and found myself drinking even less by default during both my wife's pregnancies.

Borlaxx
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I usually find myself reaching for Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, or some Blue Moon.

Cicatriz, big props to you for supporting your wife in her pregnancy. I definitely respect that. I don't drink much as it is and found myself drinking even less by default during both my wife's pregnancies.

I found myself drinking more immediately following my wife's pregnancy ;)

Sniper
03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
I found myself drinking more immediately following my wife's pregnancy ;)

LOL i too found myself drinking alot dure the last few weeks of my wifes second pregnacy , she got very very irritable the last few weeks...

jiggle
03-20-2009, 09:58 PM
i like rollin rock and honey brown, old man usually just sticks to budweiser :mrgreen:

mgraham
03-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Yuengling, Guiness, and Blue Moon have already been mentioned and are all good. I'm drinking Stella Artois atm. I also like Pilsner Urquell and Magic Hat #9.

CIGARELLO
03-21-2009, 09:22 PM
tonight the aiming fluid is on soon as the mountains turn blue :D

Sniper
03-22-2009, 07:00 AM
tonight the aiming fluid is on soon as the mountains turn blue :D

ahhhh good old reliable Coors Light , i drank alot of that in my heavy drinking days , but i think its more water than beer now adays...

StrawHousePig
03-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Always was. :p

CIGARELLO
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM
How true but can not argue the economics of it. I like to peruse the wold of brew masters but for just because and 60 seconds between matches I'm a cheap son of a bitch. :lol:

ratmloud
03-24-2009, 02:57 PM
PBR

Sniper
03-24-2009, 03:31 PM
PBR is just like Old Mil you have to drink it so many years to get used to the awfull tatse it leaves in your mouth.... :lol:

adam
04-28-2009, 07:42 AM
tonight I have the choice of Guinness, Murphy's, Budweiser Budvar and Hoegarden (Just stocked up as I'd run out). There will definitely be a few empty containers after the way today at work is going.

Borlaxx
04-28-2009, 07:45 AM
tonight I have the choice of Guinness, Murphy's, Budweiser Budvar and Hoegarden (Just stocked up as I'd run out). There will definitely be a few empty containers after the way today at work is going.
A friend of mine just introduced me to Hoegarden (sounds like a dirty place) a week or two ago and that stuff is really tasty! After the day I had yesterday, I am tempted to start drinking while still at work :cheers:

U KNOW WHO
04-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I like a good Dark beer Guiness is probably my favorite having it slightly chilled it the best (and it is a meal in a bottle lol).. if I am just drinking beer to drink beer.. well I am a Bud man.. the is a good porter too.. New Belgium 1554... also like a good Heffevisen....

macon
04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
not a beer drinker more of a Liqueur kind of guy. But if I was to drink beer, it would be Miller High Life.

RATA MUERTA
04-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I am a vodka tonic type and I don't care too much for beer. Zep on the other hand loves Guinness, that is his favorite, it is way took dark for me!! This reminds me that we haven't been out to our favorite bar :cheers: :drink: ......since December :-o :-o #-o

U KNOW WHO
04-28-2009, 04:50 PM
ok if no beer then TEQUILA..

Rellik
04-28-2009, 04:53 PM
My fav is the hefenweisen ... orange is godlike

OldGregg
04-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I usually drink Busch at band practice because If you buy the good stuff you only get one or maybe two and for the same price I can bring a couple six packs of Busch. The darker ones are the best, I like a beer that drinks like a meal. Right now my favorite is a German beer that I was introduced to called Franziskaner. It has almost a fruity kind of after taste and I was drinking it for a while before I found out that it is 10% which is pretty damn strong for a beer. You would never guess it's that strong because it's so smooth. I don't know if you guys have it out there but Mac and Jacks is also delicious.

Borlaxx
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I will let you all come up with the captions ;)

[attachment=0:2j4ofdf4]untitled.jpg[/attachment:2j4ofdf4]

OldGregg
05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Now that we've perfected this beer dispenser, lets get to work on the yogurt dispenser!

Trez
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
After nine months of supporting my wife by not drinking during her pregnancy I bought my first bottle of beer. I went with Boulevard's Smokestack Series Double-Wide IPA. Man I'm thirsty. :D

Borlaxx
05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Cicatriz]After nine months of supporting my wife by not drinking during her pregnancy I bought my first bottle of beer. I went with Boulevard's Smokestack Series Double-Wide IPA. Man I'm thirsty. :D
LOL! Man are you gonna get drunk easy!

Trez
05-06-2009, 05:20 PM
[quote="[MP]Cicatriz":5pabl08c]After nine months of supporting my wife by not drinking during her pregnancy I bought my first bottle of beer. I went with Boulevard's Smokestack Series Double-Wide IPA. Man I'm thirsty. :D
LOL! Man are you gonna get drunk easy![/quote:5pabl08c]
That's what I'm hoping for. I might even try to sneak one of her scripts. ;) :-$

wavejim
05-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Beer..........one of my favorite beverages.

Anyone make their own?

StrawHousePig
05-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Anyone make their own?
And you are? /:)

Borlaxx
05-08-2009, 07:37 AM

Anyone make their own?
And you are? /:)
LOL! :cheers:

Tinker
05-10-2009, 05:24 AM
"I drink beer for the great taste!"

That's just something married people say.

acrazybiach
05-10-2009, 09:11 AM
"I drink beer for the great taste!"

That's just something married people say.

lol... Im a coors lite girl :D

Borlaxx
05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I now have a new fav beer. After consuming a sixer of Hoegaarden last night I now view it as the holy grail of beers. :cheers: :drink:

05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
costco has cases of Heineken for $5 less than the closest liqour store...what a http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/nutkick.gif

Trez
05-28-2009, 07:48 AM
While laying down for bed last night my wife comment how drunk she was and that she was going to be hungover. I said, "Me too, we're too old for this". :| It was mostly a joke, but partially true...sad.

Btw, I was drinking Bell's Cherry Stout, after a 24 oz Heineken.
:cheers:

DB4
05-29-2009, 10:45 AM
hung over this morning...but a good night last night. however i shouldn't have mixed 5 glasses of dos equis...a patron margarita. A big shot of some expensive tequila (which i can't remember the name) and another drink called Who's Your Papi?. all of this in no particular order and in a span of less than 2 hours. Lights out after that :cheers: :drink:

Borlaxx
05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
hung over this morning...but a good night last night. however i shouldn't have mixed 5 glasses of dos equis...a patron margarita. A big shot of some expensive tequila (which i can't remember the name) and another drink called Who's Your Papi?. all of this in no particular order and in a span of less than 2 hours. Lights out after that :cheers: :drink:
Were you drinking with this guy?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9imrPftrpWI/SgS6q4o4dSI/AAAAAAAAAIA/KqiLYpDjrUY/s320/2x.gif

DB4
05-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Were you drinking with this guy?

(photo)

LOL! doesn't that guy look like he is halfway transformed into a werewolf in that photo.

DB4
07-04-2009, 11:59 PM
4th of july:

Kona Longboard and Corona :cheers:

Richie3204
07-05-2009, 06:57 AM
well if you can pick up a few bottles of woodfordes norfolk ale it is second to none the finest drinking ale there if i cam get some i will send some over to any willing person :cheers:

Trez
07-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Last week at Costco I got a Samuel Adams "Summer Styles" mix, 24 bottles for $19. It included four of each: Pale Ale, Boston Lager, Light, Hefeweizen, Summer Ale and Blackberry Witbier. It was a good selection for the fourth.

Borlaxx
07-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Last night I drank 8 Hoe Gaardens and 4 Tsing Taos. Today I am :sick: LOL! It was worth it. Nothing is better than playing with explosives when you can barely talk.

iheartpain
09-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Just wanted to say that no time's a bad time for a porter or stout Are any of you guys homebrewers? We (me+a couple buddies of mine) just racked 10 gal of all-grain Vanilla Bourbon Imperial Porter (9.5%ABV). :D Can't wait for mid-October! :cheers:

Trez
09-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I got some Hoegaarten for this evening. :cheers: Borlax!

Borlaxx
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM
:-bd

iheartpain
10-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Has anyone ever tried Mississippi Mud? It's a black-and-tan, and comes in a clay jug. :-\ Kinda hokey, but good :)

DB4
10-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Has anyone ever tried Mississippi Mud? It's a black-and-tan, and comes in a clay jug. :-\ Kinda hokey, but good :)

I have seen it and I have heard about it too, but if i am going to go black-and-tan I am rolling with Guiness and Bass.

U KNOW WHO
10-02-2009, 04:16 AM

I have seen it and I have heard about it too, but if i am going to go black-and-tan I am rolling with Guiness and Bass.

black and tan .. isnt that tequila with a spalsh of coke chaser.. lol Porter is my favorite.. Guiness probably tops my list .. also 1554 from new belgium.. had a really good micro brew while in Wa state..
I tried brewing my own beer once ... It is something I would need to practice a bit more.. currently while playing is typically budwiser.. 16 oz cans.. less trips to the fridge lol

adam
10-02-2009, 05:30 AM
I love weiss beer. Erdinger is the one for me at the moment.

iheartpain
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM

True, true. Guiness/Bass is fantastic :cheers:
Lol, then again, pretty much anything with Guiness on tap is fantastic. :x

Just wondering about the Miss Mud, since no one here(Left Coasters) has heard/seen it, and I was given a jug as a gift.

iheartpain
10-02-2009, 01:30 PM
black and tan .. isnt that tequila with a spalsh of coke chaser.. lol Porter is my favorite.. Guiness probably tops my list .. also 1554 from new belgium.. had a really good micro brew while in Wa state..
I tried brewing my own beer once ... It is something I would need to practice a bit more.. currently while playing is typically budwiser.. 16 oz cans.. less trips to the fridge lol

Lol - 22oz microbrew bottles for me!

I :x brewing! It's a great hangout time as well, since there are 3 of us that do it.

As a side note, the BVIP in my sig was just kegged yesterday - looks to be +10.5% ABV. Woohoo! :cheers:

UticaClub
10-03-2009, 06:18 AM
I recommend a nice cold UTICA CLUB...............if you cant get any look for any one of the Saranac beers UC offers. One brand that has really suprised me is from The Great Lakes Brewry. Their Elliot Ness is by and far the best beer i have ever had.

ScoobySnacks
10-04-2009, 05:14 PM

What is weiss beer?

10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Free beer is my favorite kind of beer :cheers:

StrawHousePig
10-06-2009, 09:04 PM

What is weiss beer?
Weissbier = Wheat beer. So sayeth Wikipedia.

10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
That explains my Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss @-)

Borlaxx
10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Chesty, I prefer their other beer called something like Sunset Wheat. Fantastic beer!

DB4
10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I have to share this story with you guys...

So I was at manager meeting for my company a couple weeks ago. They had brought in a rep from Samuel Adams. This rep was talking about how Sam Adams Boston Lager is like the #1 craft brew in the United States out of all beers brewed in the world that are sold here, or something like that. So anyways, she went into detail and talked about how the recipe for the Boston Lager was found in an attic by Samuel Adams' great, great grandson or whatever and how the recipe is American. She was like "support America. Buy Sam Adams."

So later on her shpeel she mentioned how Samuel Adams gets their hops form Bavaria. Doesn't sound too American to me, so I spout off "is that how you support America? by getting your hops from Bavaria?!" You guys should have seen the look on the faces of my bosses they were like :-o . Immediately I realized what I had done, no turning back though...it was a very awkward moment. She then begin talking about the reason why they get the hops from Bravaria and how its because the hops are a specific type...whatever.

One thing I had also thought about was how this "uniquely American recipe" that was created in the late 1700s probably didn't call for Bavarian hops. those people are so full of shit. :cuss:

Now the reason why I brought this up is because right now I am sipping on some Samuel Adams Octoberfest and it just made me think of that day. Obviously I am not boycotting them or anything, they do make good beer. :cheers:

iheartpain
10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Lol, I'll keep that in mind when I'm brewing some holiday Ale on Sunday. I think the only foreign thing we're using this time is the yeast :)

Borlaxx
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
I have heard the hops from that area of the world are the best, so can't fault them for using the best, but it does undermine their "american beer" argument. Also, I believe the recipe story is complete bullshit. Sam Adams was started by that dude in the commercials within the past few decades, and I believe he just used the name sam adams because adams did some brewing and the founder wanted an all-american icon for their all-american beer. Still, mad respect for calling out their hypocracy. Don't really care for their beer anyway. Too much hops.

StrawHousePig
10-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Sam Adams is fucking delicious.

And I must say I'm not the least bit surprised, DB. :p

Lumchan
10-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Who's Sam Adams? :p

Borlaxx
10-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Okay, I have to retract what I said about sam adams. The last time I tried a sam adams beer was years ago before I really liked strong beer. Well, based on otter's recomendation I decided to try it again. I am currently drinking sam adams octoberfest on draft while eating crab stuffed flouder, and he is right, it is FUCKING DELICIOUS!!!! Now I am looking forward to trying boston lager and their other brews. Thanks otter :)

iheartpain
10-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Okay, I have to retract what I said about sam adams. The last time I tried a sam adams beer was years ago before I really liked strong beer. Well, based on otter's recomendation I decided to try it again. I am currently drinking sam adams octoberfest on draft while eating crab stuffed flouder, and he is right, it is FUCKING DELICIOUS!!!! Now I am looking forward to trying boston lager and their other brews. Thanks otter :)

lol I hate this time zone thing--it's only 3:30 here. Thanks for rubbing it in borlax :(( :))

Trez
10-30-2009, 06:31 PM
I posted this in July, but...

Last week at Costco I got a Samuel Adams "Summer Styles" mix, 24 bottles for $19. It included four of each: Pale Ale, Boston Lager, Light, Hefeweizen, Summer Ale and Blackberry Witbier. It was a good selection for the fourth.

We're planning another Costco trip soon. Maybe they'll have something similar with fall flavors.

Richie3204
11-01-2009, 07:37 PM
YOU GUYS
if you want the best beer then you have to try this it is an award winning beer from my home county i have posted the link so if any one truly loves there beer you have got to try this =p~
http://www.woodfordes.co.uk/shopping/
oh and if you want my personal opinon and you are going to order some i would suggest the wherry =p~
theres plenty of choice on there

iheartpain
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
YOU GUYS
if you want the best beer then you have to try this it is an award winning beer from my home county i have posted the link so if any one truly loves there beer you have got to try this =p~
oh and if you want my personal opinon and you are going to order some i would suggest the wherry =p~

Thanks Ritchie --those look tasty :)

Just brewed some seasonal Strong Ale yesterday with some good friends :cheers:

Just wondering--how do you pronounce "Norfolk?" -- norFUK or norFOLK? ;) We have some friends that used to live near by Norfolk, Virginia, and we had this discussion regularly :)

Richie3204
11-02-2009, 02:09 PM
YOU GUYS

Just wondering--how do you pronounce "Norfolk?" -- norFUK or norFOLK? ;) We have some friends that used to live near by Norfolk, Virginia, and we had this discussion regularly :)

well i would have to say norFUK when i hear norFOLK its damn annoying

StrawHousePig
11-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Norfolkin shit, man. ;)

I don't know about beer in a box, or WTF £ -> $ is, but I do have my eye on them tuques... :-?

Borlaxx
11-02-2009, 08:13 PM
New in the stores is sam adams winter lager. Fucking fantastic!

Daddio
11-02-2009, 08:13 PM
YOU GUYS

well i would have to say norFUK when i hear norFOLK its damn annoying

Becareful Richie me mums from Lynn....I might have to defend those norFUK blokes.... =))

Borlaxx
11-26-2009, 03:38 PM
A seasonal brew by the Blue Moon brewing company called Full Moon Winter Ale is out, and I highly recommend it. I really don't care for Blue Moon's normal Belgian White Ale and prefer Hoegaarden or even Shocktop instead, but I have to say this one is delicious and I am glad I tried it. It is a smooth abby ale brewed with a touch of belgian brown sugar. It isn't sweet at all, just smooth and flavorful.

puggster
11-30-2009, 09:24 AM
i normaly drink becks or bud, but mainly in scotland we drink Tennants lager or something like that

i aint had a drink in a few years though #-o

adam
11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Drinking Brahma at the moment. Quite a nice Brazilian.....beer that is!!

Borlaxx
02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Since there has been some beer talk in the forums and on the chat I thought I would bring this thread back from the post-page 1 depths.

I tend to prefer Tsing Tao, Hoe Gaarden, various Sam Adams, and various Leinenkugel. Since I have been trying to loose weight I have been drinking light beer and it is a tough transition. Anyone have a light beer they could recommend? Sam Adams light is okay, but that is all - okay. All other domestic light beers taste like water with added beer flavoring from concentrate :sick: Amstel Light has more alcohol than most light beers which remove alcohol to reduce calories, but whatever they did remove to reduce calories also reduced the taste. The best light beer I have found so far has been Becks Light. It actually tastes like beer. Unfortunately not many places sell it and I have to go to a liquor store and pay a marked up price for it.

RedZeppelin
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
If money were no object I'd be stocked with Newcastle Brown constantly. But sadly money is an object, so Brown is mostly for special occasions.

My everyday beer is Yuengling. Awesome brew at a great price, at least in my area.

LandShark
02-26-2010, 04:52 PM
besides the obvious, I will drink most all of the light beer. Borlax, there is a 55 calorie beer, not bad, not great.

LandShark
02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
light beer vs dark beer?

iheartpain
02-26-2010, 05:51 PM
NNooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! DON'T DRINK LIGHT BEER!!!

Just have a real one less frequently as you normally would :)

KingBD
02-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Killians, Amber Bock, and any heavy beer , MMMMMMM beer, sadly since I moved to canada I cant have any of those so I dont drink! who wants to drink fucking Molsons or pabst I will shit in a glass and dilute it with water and drink it before I drink fucking Molsons!

KingBD
02-26-2010, 05:59 PM
what the fuck is the deal with the * marks?

Trez
02-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Lol, you can change it in your UPC. I'd track down the exact link, but I'm on my phone. Just check your user settings til you find the censoring option, turn it off.

Paul06TC
02-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Lol, you can change it in your UPC. I'd track down the exact link, but I'm on my phone. Just check your user settings til you find the censoring option, turn it off.

here you go trez or kingbd!!!!

http://teammp.net/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

KingBD
02-26-2010, 10:57 PM

here you go trez or kingbd!!!!

http://teammp.net/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Thanks dude now my post looks dirty!

LandShark
02-27-2010, 10:20 AM
KING so, do you like Molsons?

Trez
02-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks Paul!

As to not be off topic, BEER FTW!

KingBD
02-27-2010, 08:36 PM
KING so, do you like Molsons?

I went to a wedding in Ontario and all they had was Molsons and Coors Light, that was the worst reception I ever been too, I never been to a reception I didn't get blitzed before was a downer that was

RedZeppelin
03-01-2010, 04:00 PM
NNooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! DON'T DRINK LIGHT BEER!!!

Just have a real one less frequently as you normally would :)

Good light beer has it's place ("Good" being the operative word). They're nice for fast-drinking on a hot summer day.

=T4NUKI=
05-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I like my beers to taste something !
here's my picks:
-Newcasttle brown ale
-Double Diamond
-Rickard's Dark
-Mc Ewans Scotch
-Duchesse de Bourgogne
-Unibroue's Maudite
-Unibroue's Trois Pistoles
-Boreale Rousse

If you like great beers, I strongly suggest you try Unibroue's products....these guys from a little town 15 minutes away from my place are winning medals across the globe with their beers !

REMEC87
05-05-2010, 11:38 AM
I like my beers to taste something !
here's my picks:
-Newcasttle brown ale
-Double Diamond
-Rickard's Dark
-Mc Ewans Scotch
-Duchesse de Bourgogne
-Unibroue's Maudite
-Unibroue's Trois Pistoles
-Boreale Rousse

If you like great beers, I strongly suggest you try Unibroue's products....these guys from a little town 15 minutes away from my place are winning medals across the globe with their beers !

Nice list!I have recently gotten back into Unibroue with there variety pack,,, i especially love Maudite and "La fin du monde". I saw "rafters" or something like that from unibroe yesterday but didnt buy it...its a whisky ale or something...ever try it?

Boreale blonde or Harp are good pale beers and killkenny and Guiness are also favorites.

Borlaxx
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to lose weight, so I have been drinking light beer :sick:

BostonIrish
05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I sampled some Unibroue last year at a brew fest. Can't recall which ones, but they were great!! Good enough that I've tried to find them whenever I venture into a new liquor store - but so far no luck. I'll keep looking - hopefully see them again this year.

I like a wide variety of brews - IPA, ESB, Pale Ale, White Ale, Black Ale, Brown Ale, Wheat, Stout, Lager & Porter. I like to mix it up whenever I make a new purchase - just to give my taste buds a change. My favorite right now are the IPA's.

As for brewers, Great Lakes, Boulder Beer, Great Divide, Left Hand, Sam Adams, Goose Island are all excdellent.

=T4NUKI=
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Nice list!I have recently gotten back into Unibroue with there variety pack,,, i especially love Maudite and "La fin du monde". I saw "rafters" or something like that from unibroe yesterday but didnt buy it...its a whisky ale or something...ever try it?

Boreale blonde or Harp are good pale beers and killkenny and Guiness are also favorites.[/quote]

The Maudite is Awesome !!!!! @-) There's a bar in Chambly, Unibroue's hometown, that serve it on tap ! SICK !
The one you're talking about is the "Raftman"...it's not one of my favorites but it is very tasty !
One of the best sellers at Unibroue is the "Ephemère". It is a limited édition batch made with fruits... The apple one is to die for, especially during those insanely hot summer days.
There's 2 speciality beers from Unibroue that are only available at the Quebec's own SAQ (our government-owned liquor stores)they are called "la Fringante" and "la Terrible"....very strong and tasty...especially the dark Terrible. Try them if you can !

johnboy
05-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't drink any beer anymore. Just gone right off the taste so I'm a cider drinker now.

soulja
05-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Becks, Molson and Heineken. In my younger days i used to drink the hard malt liquer stuff...man that crap will put you on your ass, and have you praying to the porcelin God.

TonkaToys
05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't drink any beer anymore. Just gone right off the taste so I'm a cider drinker now.

=)) good joke.

:-o What a Geordie that doesn't drink beer! Next you'll be telling us you don't walk around in a T-shirt in mid-winter.

Anyway, as it is Friday afternoon... here is the beer my company is getting ready for us all to drink at 5:30.
[attachment=0:3oq8nt7v]friday_drinks.jpg[/attachment:3oq8nt7v]

johnboy
05-07-2010, 07:06 PM

=)) good joke.

:-o What a Geordie that doesn't drink beer! Next you'll be telling us you don't walk around in a T-shirt in mid-winter.

Not as often as I used to. The cold affects my joints too easily these days (@ the grand old age of 32). I was all beered/lagered out by the age of 28. I just stopped liking the taste of the stuff. I can drink it every now and again, but not too often. You have to realise that I don't drink the cheap nasty stuff but I do drink strong cider. About 2 bottles (4 litres or just under 8 pints) and I can still have a good night on MW:R. If you guys see me running around randomly getting killed lots without killing, I've probably had too much and am also v tired.

BERZERKERTICK
05-07-2010, 08:14 PM
http://www.sandcreekbrewing.com/

few blocks away from my house and the chocolate oatmeal stout and badger porter are great stuff to drink

austin
05-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Smithwicks (Kilkenny) draught on the rare occassions I'm in a pub - used to be brewed in my home town.
Cold bottled Heineken @ home

Bottled Bulmers (Magners) cider and ice on a warm day.

Newcastle Brown ale when in the UK.

SlapLaB
05-11-2010, 04:48 AM
I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to lose weight, so I have been drinking light beer :sick:

better stop drinking beer altogether, isn't it? ;)

Borlaxx
05-11-2010, 06:19 AM

better stop drinking beer altogether, isn't it? ;)
True, but I must continue to self medicate for the safety of my fellow citizens ~x( 8-}

TrojanTeacher
07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
From a non-drinkers perspective, I have a curiosity about beer and a question that I'd like to ask. What makes a beer taste good? I've smelled it and that is what kind of drives me away from it. But from the taste stand point, what is it that you 'look' for? Or is taste not even important and 'buzz' becomes the important part? Just curious.

Also, is there a beer that is considered the 'best tasting'?

BostonIrish
07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
For me its all about the taste. That's why I hardly ever drink from the bottle. From a pint glass, you can capture the aroma as you drink it. I like a beer with lots of hop flavor and smell. I also like to switch up what I'm drinking just to enjoy the different flavors.

Raider
07-23-2010, 01:59 PM
=)) good joke.

Anyway, as it is Friday afternoon... here is the beer my company is getting ready for us all to drink at 5:30.
[attachment=0:lwaf5lsw]friday_drinks.jpg[/attachment:lwaf5lsw]

Are you guys hiring? I want to work where 5:30 looks like that picture!

DayliteMag
07-23-2010, 02:04 PM
From a non-drinkers perspective, I have a curiosity about beer and a question that I'd like to ask. What makes a beer taste good? I've smelled it and that is what kind of drives me away from it. But from the taste stand point, what is it that you 'look' for? Or is taste not even important and 'buzz' becomes the important part? Just curious.

Hey, Teach. I think Beer is very much an acquired taste. Most people start drinking when they are young and then it is definitely about the "buzz", but as you get older you develop a preference. I prefer European beers (lager/Pilsner)with a nice hoppy flavour to them like Grolsch or Pilsner Urkell. Good beer has a natural bitterness to it which is the predominant flavour note. Someone who prefers something like, oh I don't know, let;s saaaaaaay, a Snapple-semifreddo, will have a hard time adjusting to that bitterness. No, it would be impossible to say that any one Beer was "the best tasting"; it's entirely a matter of personal preference. And finally, yes, even at my advanced age, the "buzz" does count for something too. I know that some people will drink just one Beer for the "Flavour", but I'm not one of them. I like drinking "a few beers" with friends and don't mind living through the headache the next day.

TrojanTeacher
07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Snapple-semifreddo sounds like it costs $5.50 at your local restaurant.

DayliteMag
07-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah, but it comes with a tiny paper umbrella and a snotty attitude.

TrojanTeacher
07-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but it comes with a tiny paper umbrella and a snotty attitude.

That sounds like the ones I make at home, including the snotty attitude. =;

//sorry for the hijack on snapple, back to the BEER!

BostonIrish
07-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm looking forward to the annual Great Lakes Brew Fest coming up in two months. Already have the tickets and the hotel reserved. Now getting ready to make the plane reservations. An awesome time if you like sampling lots of micro brews.

Raider
07-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Ahhh! Beer Festivals. I was suppose to be going to Brewgrass Festival in Ashville, NC in Sept. with my parents, but I slacked on the tickets and they are sold out. My parents are going, they bought their tickets the day they went on sale. Yep, and that's not a misprint, it is Brewgrass, a beer and bluegrass festival in one. Apparently it has turned into a big event up there. Ha, my parents are 1 year shy of 60 and still rock'n the beer festivals. Frigg'n die hard hippies, LOL.

BostonIrish
07-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow - Asheville in September with beer and music. What a beautiful part of the country.

Raider
07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey BostonIrish, here's a link to the details.

http://brewgrassfestival.com/

LandShark
07-25-2010, 09:50 AM
@trojan, the hops are what give beer most of the flavor, aroma. There are many types of hops, from very strong bitter to mild.

BostonIrish
07-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the link Infliction. That's the same weekend as the brewfest that I am going to. I checked out the list of brewers. Looks pretty good! Might be worth trying to go to this next year if it's on a different weekend.

TonkaToys
08-02-2010, 07:34 AM
[attachment=1:2irzxixm]friday_drinks.jpg[/attachment:2irzxixm]

Are you guys hiring? I want to work where 5:30 looks like that picture!

'fraid we're not at the moment... no one is sober enough to read any Resumes.

Apparently our Danish office gets beer served to them at meetings. I've already put in a transfer request.

Ahhh! Beer Festivals.
On the subject of beer festivals, I'm off to The Great British Beer Festival (http://gbbf.camra.org.uk/home) on Weds... roughly 1000 bitters and ales (my personal preference) and lots of other lagers and ciders. I may be indisposed on Thursday!

Here's the beer festival that I served behind the bar at, in my home town of Hitchin. Quite a laugh with pints subsidised for staff at 50p a pint (about US$ 0.70).

[attachment=0:2irzxixm]act_beerfest_crowd.jpg[/attachment:2irzxixm]

iheartpain
08-02-2010, 10:14 AM

Depends on the imbiber, Teach. It took me a while to like beer, because when I was 4, I had an unfortunate accident of mistaking my dad's Coors Lite :sick: for my Martinelli's sparkling apple cider, and took a big swig. :)) took me 18 years to like beer after that!

To me, the flavor is paramount; I am a total foodie, so the pairing with food is really what makes beers shine to me. Yes, there are many that taste great solo, but, just like fine wines, it's the pairing that makes them glorious :x

I LOVE dark beers for the most part; stout, porter, and dark ales, but I also really love a very hoppy IPA (India Pale Ale). Tonight, after softball, my friends and I are sharing a growler of Hopworks' (http://www.hopworksbeer.com/) Ace of Spades Imperial IPA, coming in at 100 IBU :-o :D

The flavor profiles I prefer are fairly malty, with medium attenuation (body; low attenuation is a beer with a 'thick' mouthfeel, and a very attenuated beer has a very light, crisp, 'dry' mouthfeel), and significant hop profile. I like a strong hop nose, with a light-strong bitterness that isn't overpowering

Malts are the grains that are used to make beer, and the flavors they produce are wonderfully varied by type, as well as the malting and roasting methods. Some of the flavors you can get are: toasty, caramel, honey, chocolate, smoked, and roasted.

Hops have incredibly varied flavor profiles as well; some are VERY bitter, some are very spicy (or even peppery), some are mellow and herbacious, and still others taste highly of citrus.

*sigh* Aaaahhhhhhhhh...suddenly I have the urge to go brew another batch :D

Ahhh! Beer Festivals. I was suppose to be going to Brewgrass Festival in Ashville, NC in Sept. with my parents, but I slacked on the tickets and they are sold out. My parents are going, they bought their tickets the day they went on sale. Yep, and that's not a misprint, it is Brewgrass, a beer and bluegrass festival in one. Apparently it has turned into a big event up there. Ha, my parents are 1 year shy of 60 and still rock'n the beer festivals. Frigg'n die hard hippies, LOL.

Bah. Asheville - you guys had to pull out all the stops this year to take the title of "Beer City, USA" from us (Portland, OR) this year X( :D Gotta love the beerfests - we just had 2 in 2 weeks - one for foreign beers, and one for the local microbrews :party:

Law
08-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Man I love Beer!!!!!!!!!1

Sam Adams
Bass
New Castle
Guinness
Flying Dog IPA
Hoegaarten
Imperial
Red Stripe
American Ale (Bud)
Sierra Nevada
Anchor Steam
Hacker Schorr (sp?)
Mississippi Mudd (yes I have!)
Yuengling
Killian's
Abita Turbo Dog
Dixie
Sorely's
Free (I would never turn one of these down!)

American mass-produced beers is an insult to beer...

Borlaxx
08-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Law, have u tried Tsing Tao? Many people call it the chineese Heiniken, but IMO it is much better and doesn't have the after taste. Also, props on the Hoegaarden! Fantastic beer!

LandShark
08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
??????----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I know its not the best, but it beats c lite and the others. Im lucky to LS in a small town

Borlaxx
08-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I like landshark. Probably my second favorite mexican-style beer (first being Modello Especial [sp?]). It is like a non-putrid version of conona that doesn't taste like it has been sitting in a warehouse for months with rats pissing all over it.

LandShark
08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
when people ask about it i say its like corona without the skunky aroma and horse piss aftertaste

Law
08-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Law, have u tried Tsing Tao? Many people call it the chineese Heiniken, but IMO it is much better and doesn't have the after taste. Also, props on the Hoegaarden! Fantastic beer!

yes I have had Tsing Tso and Sopporo, Usually when we go to the Chinese/Japanese tepenyaki/hibachi style restaurants, very good beer.
I like all beers, I can appreciate just about every type, (except Corona!) Modelo is a ton better...

SimonSez
08-20-2010, 04:48 PM
I love Modelo, especially Negra. The best cheap beer - Stag in a bottle, ice cold - i will take that any day.

OneSpankyBadger
11-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Since I got back from San Diego I've been craving Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer. Me and my cousin must have tried every SA blend going while I was there. Unfortunately, you can't buy any of it in England. At least not anywhere near where I live :(

Oh, and Fat Tyre! Dare I say it, maybe even nicer than Newky Brown!

I miss America :((