PDA

View Full Version : anyone like football (soccer)

Pages : [1] 2

05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Anyone like or watch football (not that american football rubbish). Who do you support?
I suport middlesbrough fc and watch football most weekends. also play whenever i get chance.
Just seeing if many of you actually watch it or play it in america.

macon
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
dont watch it anymore. But played in high school. I was a forward.

RATA MUERTA
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
People think I am nuts because I call it football (Come on they kick it with their foot!) but the word soccer doesn't come to mind. I loved to watch the Euro cup when I was in Spain, they play much faster then over here and for that reason I found it very interesting to watch (besides the fact that if a Cup is going on that is the ONLY thing on TV anyway). Watching a game in America they seem to move so much slower and it's boring then. I played when I was in grade school but only for fun, for I am not a serious sports person.

StrawHousePig
05-08-2009, 07:31 PM
It's great.

When I need to i-)

:p

05-09-2009, 12:30 PM
It's great.

When I need to i-)

:p

Not that bad its good game to watch and play.

jiggle
05-09-2009, 03:17 PM
B-) :D i played allthrough school and out of school for a indoor soccer games i played all positions like goalie' left wing center stoppeer and all the above i love to play sports good times =; im pretty damn good too!! i had a scolorship for soccer but never went to college i went to a friends college just to party :p

acrazybiach
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I like watching my littel girl play soccer :D shes pretty good to not afraid of anything the teams that age are both girl and boy together and she loves to go after the boys lol shes my little tuffy

Psalm
05-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I was in Buenos Aires a few years ago and got to go see The Boca Juniors against River (their rivals)....
wow...what an event. I was happy to make it out alive!!!
I must have seen about 15 fistfights in the stands.
I have enjoyed international Football ever since....

=T4NUKI=
04-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I've been a Manchester United fan since I'm a kid !

Major Stains
04-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I've been a Manchester United fan since I'm a kid !

Sorry to hear that! lol only kidding.

I can't talk, being a West Ham supporter (as is s.ghost). My 5 y/o is football crazy and loving the World Cup build up. His panini stickers make me feel old, seems like yesterday.

P.s. don't show johnboy this thread, it will be black and white before you know it!

TrojanTeacher
04-30-2010, 07:02 PM
I don't follow the Euro League too well...but I do follow the MLS and am a Galaxy fan. BTW, you haven't listened to soccer until you've heard the spanish announcers have a go at it. They make passing sound exciting! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!

--Teach

johnboy
05-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Not bad teach, but thats far to short. It's more like GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLL
I'm a MAG (Newcastle United). For those that don't know we are known as probably the most passionate fans in the UK (Shhhh don't tell any of the the other guys from the UK).
Football to us is a religion. We are also known as the Toon Army.

=T4NUKI=
05-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Not bad teach, but thats far to short. It's more like GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLL
I'm a MAG (Newcastle United). For those that don't know we are known as probably the most passionate fans in the UK (Shhhh don't tell any of the the other guys from the UK).
Football to us is a religion. We are also known as the Toon Army.

I still miss Allan Shearer... !

Major Stains
05-01-2010, 05:22 PM
12/06/10 the day England take on the U.S. of A in the world cup. Awoohoo.
:party: Ands its the day before my birthday. Double awoohoo.
Footballs coming home

johnboy
05-01-2010, 08:38 PM
12/06/10 the day England take on the U.S. of A in the world cup. Awoohoo.
:party: Ands its the day before my birthday. Double awoohoo.
Footballs coming home

Ooooooh 3 days before my birthday. Double UK MP birthday in the space of 2 days. I so can't wait for the world cup, face painting and all sorts going on in my house.

=T4NUKI=
05-12-2010, 01:11 PM
YES !
By 2012, Montreal's gonna have an MLS team !! \m/
The Impact's gonna be in the big league now !

DayliteMag
05-12-2010, 01:37 PM
If doesn't involve sticks, ice and razor sharp blades strapped to your feet I can't be bothered. Just kidding, I find the World Cup very exciting/entertaining. Historically, I have been known to cheer for Germany. Last year we had the U20 here in Ottawa and it was HUGE. The stadium was within walking distance of my house (including 5 excellent Pubs along the way). I took in a few games, but really can't recall very much - likely due to the 5 excellent Pubs along the way :cheers:

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! GAME 7 BABY, OH YEAH!!!!!! :pray:

=T4NUKI=
05-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! GAME 7 BABY, OH YEAH!!!!!! :pray:

GO HABS GO !! I BELIEVE IN THE HOUSE THAT BOB BUILT !!
^:)^

johnboy
05-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Talking about Champions League football. I went to Mexico on my honeymoon and managed to watch the FA cup final, Champions league Final and Alan Shearers testimonial. Sun, sand, sea, drinking and football. Oh and lots of quality time spent with the new wife. lol.
AND
I can't wait for the World Cup to begin.

TrojanTeacher
05-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Yup, I'll be watching the opening match. My team will be in the spotlight against South Africa.

--Teach

REMEC87
05-12-2010, 03:44 PM

GO HABS GO !! I BELIEVE IN THE HOUSE THAT BOB BUILT !!
^:)^

DAMN RIGHT!!! GO HABS GO!!!!! ^:)^ GAINEY IS A GENIUS!

johnboy
05-13-2010, 09:06 AM
I watched real football factories when it was on.

Psalm
05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm going to watch Manchester United play here in Kansas City vs our lame Wizards....should be a thrashing.
*edit...I grew up watching futbol like crazy...my Mom is from Argentina. My grandmother in Buenos Aires recorded all of the Boca Juniors matches and sent them to us...we would watch them from beginning to end. I got to go to my first CABJ game in 2002....amazing!

TrojanTeacher
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Isn't MLS trying to set up some MLS all-stars vs. Man U or something like that?

*edit: Just found it.
MLS Stars vs. Manchester United (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/07/sports/soccer/07sportsbriefs-manu.html)

TonkaToys
05-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Off to see Blackpool vs Cardiff in the Championship playoff at Wembley this weekend...

4 blokes (only 1 actual Blackpool supporter), 8-10 pints, champions league final, heineken cup final (rugby), bit of PGA and bit of Le Mans.

PHEW I'm gonna be useless on Sunday! :)

Come on Blackpool! (Will hopefully make up for Liverpool's dismal season).

johnboy
06-08-2010, 07:14 PM
World Cup starts this week ladies and gents. And coming up on Saturday, the match of the tournament (well for MPs anyway) England vs USA
Who, apart from us Brits will be watching it?

=T4NUKI=
06-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I sure will ! Hoping England'll do good...or Germany.....or anything but those Italians, pleeeaaaase !
I have a thing for those African clubs as well...like Cameroun or Nigeria...or the Elephants of Ivory Coast !!

oscarthegrouch71
06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Love football...our whole family support Arsenal and life will be on hold for the next four weeks as we religiously watch the World Cup and hope that England do well..... having said that, all three of my children play junior football and it has to be said that most junior football is way better and far more exciting than professional football......

Sckrapps
06-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll be watching on Saturday. Usually I'm pulling for the Three Lions (I lived in the UK for a few years) but not this week ;)

I'm not much of a footie fan, but I love the World Cup. It is everything the Olympics should be - national pride, crazy spectators - but its not lame and unwatchable like 75% of Olympic "sports." For me, the World Cup is the premier international sporting event going.

TonkaToys
06-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Well, just drawn South Africa in the company sweepstakes, so come on the Bafana Bafana!

RATA MUERTA
06-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Will be watching all the games that are shown here on regular TV. I am not an ardent football fan, but I have fond memories of watching FIFA and UEFA matches in Spain. Besides the US I will definitely be rooting for Spain, but more than anything, I always enjoy the fast paced nature of these games, they are so exciting!!!

OH and if anyone needs more info on the World Cup this (http://southafrica2010.crosspollinate.org/calendar) was info Overload for me!!!

Sckrapps
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow, that's a cool little program. Thanks for sharing it Ra!

johnboy
06-11-2010, 06:53 AM
World Cup house decoration time after I drop the little man off with the mother-in-law.

TonkaToys
06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Getting quite excited now... although sitting at work so will miss first match.

TrojanTeacher
06-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Phew, Mexico just got by with a tie. They should have won 3-1, but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. GO MEXICO!!

Obi
06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Another 24 hrs and i'll be in the pub making myself hoarse shouting and chanting :pray: ~x( \:D/

COME ON THE ENGLAND!!!!

And you need some real football music to go with it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T1pXsJp_go&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9SmXz5E1R4&feature=fvst

Phantom
06-11-2010, 12:43 PM
England v USA on the pitch tomorrow!

England v USA on the battlefield after?

Obi
06-11-2010, 01:05 PM

I'll be abit unsteady on my feet.....so i'll just have to play sat down!! :))

Retro
06-11-2010, 01:10 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/WorldCup2010/News/2010/06/11/14345976.html

Not a good start to the World Cup. Nelson Mandela's 13 year old great granddaughter killed in a car crash before the start of the event. Can this man ever have any peace in his life?

Psalm
06-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Tomorrow...USA vs UK.....nice!

=T4NUKI=
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM

Canada is kinda in the commonwealth is it ?! So I guess I'll have to fight alongside England !

Major Stains
06-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Tomorrow...USA vs UK.....nice!

Awoohoo.
Work over for another week. The weather is looking good tomorrow for my birthday bbq, got loads of booze & food in (inc Trez's Bo burger recipe). Got a load of friends over for the big match, good luck to the U.S of A.
See you all on Monday when I can function again.
Have a great weekend MPs. :cheers: :party: :cheers:

TrojanTeacher
06-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Score could have easily been 2-1 USA. Scary game for England, for sure.

johnboy
06-12-2010, 08:19 PM
What an absolute heap o shit. You guys had no chance of winning (sorry guys) but we played worse than Maradonna off his face on drugs. B-)

Major Stains
06-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Head... Feels like shite!
England...Played like shite!
Bah, what a croc

LandShark
06-13-2010, 03:05 AM
excuses excuses excuses. WOW, england must not have talent, Hell, the US couldnt tie Anywherepieceofcrapistan.

kiddin

T4, its a good thing they didnt win tonight or the easrern part of Canada would have been burnt down.

Obi
06-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Got to say i'm a bit disappointed.....had to stay out drinking till 5am to drown my sorrows! :D

Gonna have to be good to the wife all week now cause i'm barred from watching anymore football at the pub!!

LandShark
06-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Got to say i'm a bit disappointed.....had to stay out drinking till 5am to drown my sorrows! :D

Gonna have to be good to the wife all week now cause i'm barred from watching anymore football at the pub!!

I hate it when that happens.

TonkaToys
06-14-2010, 03:59 AM
You Americans will enjoy this, not only did we in the UK see our goalie spill the ball into his own net, but about 50% of us also did not see the England goal as our HD telly channel accidentally cut away to adverts just at that point! X(
(We don't get adverts in the middle of matches in the UK).

Did you hear that BP have hired Robert Green, the England goalie? Apparently he is an expert at spillages. :))

LandShark
06-14-2010, 09:09 AM
:)) :)) :))

=T4NUKI=
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Godd one Tonka !

johnboy
06-15-2010, 03:45 PM
What a surprise little package North Korea were tonight. Awesome game I thought :applause:

=T4NUKI=
06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
What a surprise little package North Korea were tonight. Awesome game I thought :applause:

Right on ! I'm surprise that game didnt end up as a draw !

TonkaToys
06-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Well done North Korea, but did you see that amazing first goal from Brazil... he curled it into the goal, past the keeper, off the backline, whilst fully outstretched and at speed! @-)

RATA MUERTA
06-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Well done North Korea, but did you see that amazing first goal from Brazil... he curled it into the goal, past the keeper, off the backline, whilst fully outstretched and at speed! @-)
Yes that was fantastic, like the matrix in slow motion =)) Can hardly wait for Spain v Switzerland today!!!

=T4NUKI=
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM
OMG !!!
Spain got their asses kicked big time by the Swiss !!
I LOVE it when the underdog wins !

REMEC87
06-16-2010, 03:32 PM
OMG !!!
Spain got their asses kicked big time by the Swiss !!
I LOVE it when the underdog wins !

That was awesome!!! they were dominating the swiss but couldn't put it in the net!

GO ENGLAND GO!!!

TonkaToys
06-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Disappointed that the hosts were spanked today; it would be great for the continued atmosphere if SA progress.

PS: Nice to see England are getting support from our Northern cousins! =))

[attachment=0:1wg0z06b]GOOD GUY OR.jpg[/attachment:1wg0z06b]

johnboy
06-17-2010, 04:58 AM
ha ha ha ha. Typical jocks.

TonkaToys
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Unlucky there USA... that ref needs his eyesight checking. :-B

Still good result for England... :-bd

johnboy
08-01-2010, 09:45 AM
With the new season not far away I thought I'd post this. Mostly for the Brits. Hope you all haven't seen this already.

[yt:gqay6m05]QmnSR0LwiS8[/yt:gqay6m05]

TonkaToys
08-02-2010, 08:06 AM
With the new season not far away I thought I'd post this. Mostly for the Brits. Hope you all haven't seen this already.

=)) =)) =))

Surely there is a detail that isn't quite right... Christ should be a goalie shouldn't he? After all we know that "Jesus Saves".

lore77
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Not much of a Soccer "football" Fan. I have played and have to give the athletes credit, it takes a ton of stamina to play that game.
I just don't find the game that interisting to watch... the ball gets knocked back and forth back and forth and there is barely any "action".
It's like Hockey except slower and without the fighting which imo are the two things Hockey has going for it (Speed and Fighting).

I have found a way to draw a much larger american crowd's interist to soccer err. "Football"
This I would watch.... :cheers:

Major Stains
08-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Not much of a Soccer "football" Fan. I have played and have to give the athletes credit, it takes a ton of stamina to play that game.
I just don't find the game that interisting to watch... the ball gets knocked back and forth back and forth and there is barely any "action".
It's like Hockey except slower and without the fighting which imo are the two things Hockey has going for it (Speed and Fighting).

I have found a way to draw a much larger american crowd's interist to soccer err. "Football"

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

TonkaToys
08-03-2010, 05:12 AM

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I'm surprised women's football doesn't have a bigger following... especially when they exchange shirts at the end of the match. ;)

johnboy
08-10-2010, 07:35 AM
So guys what are you looking forward to this coming season? Oh yeah I don't even know what teams you support, apart from Stains and Ghost, who if I remember correctly are both West Ham.

TonkaToys
08-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm looking forward to a better / more settled season under a new manager and new investors. So can you guess which team that describes?

[spoiler:1nbhtc8g]Liverpool[/spoiler:1nbhtc8g] but it could easily have been any number of other teams.

johnboy
08-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Great score for the Toon today!!! After the loss to Man U last week I wasn't looking forward to the rest of the season. I am now!!!! Chelsea are going to be the team to beat this season. Man U already lagging behind just 2 games into the season. 12 goals in 2 games, OMFG!

johnboy
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Well done the Hammers last night and well done to the Toon tonight. Oh and thanks to the hammers for knocking Scumderland out of the Carling Cup.

Major Stains
09-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Oh and thanks to the hammers for knocking Scumderland out of the Carling Cup.

Ney worries like! ;) :D :cheers:

TonkaToys
09-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Great score for the Toon today!!! After the loss to Man U last week I wasn't looking forward to the rest of the season. I am now!!!! Chelsea are going to be the team to beat this season. Man U already lagging behind just 2 games into the season. 12 goals in 2 games, OMFG!

Yeah, I was there on Saturday with a Blackpool fan in the Chelsea crowd, and it was like kick off... 2 minutes later :-o ... then from my mate "Can we go yet?"
Not for bloody £63 pounds a ticket!

Anyway they look very strong this year, unlike poor old Liverpool :(( who lost on penalties to Northampton #-o

Retro
09-26-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't like soccer, but this goal is awesome and the commentator is even better!

[yt:d4ov372b]gqBvNYnAXBw[/yt:d4ov372b]

johnboy
10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks retro that was an awesome goal. The commentator was a tad excitable.

Hey Tonka whats your thoughts on the developments @ Liverpool? I think you guys could really do with getting rid of Hicks and Gillette but a takeover by another American probably isn't the answer. In the cases of both takeovers @ Man U and Liverpool they seem to have lumbered the clubs with massive debts. I think after those examples, the Premier League need to keep an eye on Villa as well.

TonkaToys
10-06-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm genuinely worried for the future of my club.

Statler and Waldorf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_and_Waldorf) are a couple of money-grubbing bastards that have no clue what it is to own a football club in the UK. They are currently opposing, yes opposing the sale of the club to the new investors, on the basis that they will not make a £300 million profit on their mismanagement. They would rather risk the club going into administration and lose all of their investment, than get an immediate sale at a realistic value. They have started legal proceedings to oust the current board, including the very people they put in place to sell the club for them.

I'm hoping that the performances we've been seeing over the past few weeks from Liverpool are a cunning plan by the players to devalue the club by taking us into the relegation zone; but, you know what, I don't believe the players are that clever or organised. So further disruption by the Chuckle Brothers will only serve to unsettle the players further.

As for the potential new owners, I'd have to be honest and say, no offence to our American friends here, that I am again concerned that they are only interested in making a fast buck. I guess any Red Sox fans would have a better idea of what they are like, but from what I've read at least they will not generate debt based on future potential value, which is what Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dumb have been doing.

All in all very depressing.

BOSTONJOE
10-07-2010, 08:30 AM
ok from what i understand is the guys that use to own the team where tool bags ... lol but if you look at the sox and how there managed (besides the dice k deal ...cough ...choke) they are pretty good at what they do ... as sox fan i can say that it will be an improvement .. but what the hell do Americans know about soccer anyway ...lol jk jk =))

TonkaToys
10-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Cheers Joe, that is reassuring as there is a concern that the new potential owners would be as bad as the old - after all what do we limeys know about American sports investors? :))

BostonIrish
10-07-2010, 02:37 PM
The Sox owners have done really well with turning things around and improving revenue. Each year there have been improvements and they keep finding ways to bring more money in. Not only do they bring the money in but they invest in the team and in the venue. People were skeptical when the new ownership came in - but you can't argue with two championships in a three year period after an 86 year drought. I'd recommend giving them a chance - wait and see.

Granted its a different nation - but I would bet they figure it out and hire the right people to help make the right choices.

TonkaToys
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Ta Irish, having said that it now looks like the idiots that are in charge at the moment are really going to fight this in the courts even though it means the club will probably go into receivership and get points deducted. There is also the worry that if this does happen, that the potential investors will be scared off - again.

Major Stains
10-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey there UK guys, you will never guess who I walked past whilst shopping in Exeter yesterday... David James.
The only Brit to have a fairly decent World Cup campaign. Damn that boy is tall.
Forget all his cash, I personally could not stand the staring, photos, strangers in his face. Just when he is shopping.

Imagine being really famous like, say, Trez... ;) jk Only kidding, I'm just jealous of Team MPs yt poster boy :)

TonkaToys
10-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Who's he playing for now?

Major Stains
10-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Who's he playing for now?

I think he is at Bristol City and has a girlfriend in Exeter.

I do know that Pompey used to train at Woodbury Park Golf Club (used to be owned by Nigel Mansell).
And some of the team did some very interesting things with the maids that worked there @-) ... I won't say more on a public page :-$

TonkaToys
10-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I think he is at Bristol City and has a girlfriend in Exeter.

How the mighty have fallen - but he's probably still the best goalie we've got!

johnboy
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Anyone watching the Euro qualifier tonight apart from me?

johnboy
10-13-2010, 06:19 AM
I see the chuckle brothers have lost their court case to stop Liverpool being sold.

TonkaToys
10-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Yippeee! Now all we have to wait for is the inevitable appeals, counter-suing and mud-slinging. At least they are out!

By the way, I watched the England match last night and gave up after about 30 mins as FIFA 11 was calling. It looks like I played better than they did anyway :)

(Look Admins, I'm being a good boy and not double posting - even though it makes sense to)

Arg this Liverpool fiasco is doing my head in! :cuss:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... e-coverage (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/14/liverpool-fc-sale-live-coverage)

johnboy
10-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Hope you're a happy bunny now Tonka??? Now that LFC has a new owner and the chuckle brothers have dropped their $1.6 billion law suit. You just need them to drag themselves back up the the league table.

TonkaToys
10-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Hope you're a happy bunny now Tonka??? Now that LFC has a new owner and the chuckle brothers have dropped their $1.8 billion law suit. You just need them to drag themselves back up the the league table.
:D :D :D

Hopefully they can play some football now - although based on recent experience I'm not sure that will happen.
Ahhh who cares, at least we're free from H&G.

johnboy
11-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Sweet, Andy Carroll up front on his own on his England debut. Anyone else watching tonight? I know its only a friendly but it is against the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Cataduanes
11-18-2010, 05:37 AM
I am a lifelong QPR fan, This season is going well for the Superhoops which is nice considering the decade or so of heartache and disappointment. I am also half German so I follow my Father's team, TSV 1860 München, in the German second division.

TonkaToys
11-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Sweet, Andy Carroll up front on his own on his England debut. Anyone else watching tonight? I know its only a friendly but it is against the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

I was there at Wembley last night, taking my 6yo to his first footy match. He soon turned into a true England fan, moaning about their performance. At one point he turned to me, almost tearful and said, "Dad, why are they playing so badly" to which I replied, "Get used to it, if you support England". Ahhh :hug:

Carroll did bloody good, excellent addition to the otherwise lacklustre squad. Can't believe Stevie G missed 3 sitters.

I am a lifelong QPR fan, This season is going well for the Superhoops which is nice considering the decade or so of heartache and disappointment. I am also half German so I follow my Father's team, TSV 1860 München, in the German second division.

:cheers: Welcome Cat, you're quite new here aren't you?
My mum lives in Germany with a few of my Aunts, in the Mosel region - near Koblenz / Franfurt / Trier.

EDIT: just been invited to a charity do at the Emirates for the London Football Managers or something - with Roy Hodgson, Gareth Southgate, Arsene Wenger and others. But I don't think I can make it! :((

Cataduanes
11-18-2010, 11:08 AM
:cheers: Welcome Cat, you're quite new here aren't you?
My mum lives in Germany with a few of my Aunts, in the Mosel region - near Koblenz / Franfurt / Trier.

Yep very new. That is a nice part of Germany your mum lives in :applause: . My father grew up in Bavaria in a place called Schwandorf next to the border with the Czech Republic but our roots are from the far north of the country near the frontier with Denmark (In a place called Nord Friesland).

TonkaToys
11-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Yep very new. That is a nice part of Germany your mum lives in :applause: . My father grew up in Bavaria in a place called Schwandorf next to the border with the Czech Republic but our roots are from the far north of the country near the frontier with Denmark (In a place called Nord Friesland).

I really like Germany, I think it is underrated as a holiday destination by Brits.

Cataduanes
11-19-2010, 07:11 AM

I really like Germany, I think it is underrated as a holiday destination by Brits.

Very ture, mind you you do get plenty of drunk Brits in Munich for the Oktoberfest :)) and Berlin has always attracted the sort of Brits looking to party 24-7.

Major Stains
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Johnboy. I see there is a job vacancy going up your way. ;)
Managing some football team as their old manager got the sack for guiding them into the Premiership, scaling to the top half of the table, then losing a match.
If only the hammers were that bad!! Get that application form in quick. :D

johnboy
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
It has just confirmed to the whole of the Toon Army that Mike Ashley is a Prick! Yes, that's prick with a capital P. :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( But sort of goods news is that it now means the legend that is Peter Beardsley is in charge for the next few days. He's a really nice bloke, I've met him quite a few times.

Cataduanes
12-07-2010, 02:44 AM
It has just confirmed to the whole of the Toon Army that Mike Ashley is a Prick! Yes, that's prick with a capital P. :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( But sort of goods news is that it now means the legend that is Peter Beardsley is in charge for the next few days. He's a really nice bloke, I've met him quite a few times.
I think the whole world knew that a couple of years back, tbh I think he has treated Hughton extremely poorly...this is a manager who led Newcastle to promotion from the Championship (In some style i might add, they certainly swept aside my beloved QPR last season) and guided the Toon to 11th, that is pretty respectable in my book. To be sacked for that is just despicable.

I hear Martin Jol is likely to be the new man in charge having quit AJax Amsterdam.

TonkaToys
12-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Quite a good article from the Beeb (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2010/12/hughton_sacking_shames_newcast.html) supporting the general disbelief most of us feel when hearing about Hughton.

Major Stains
12-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Jb. Good news about the new govner. I thought he did great for West Ham. Another manager sacked for no good reason. Hope he works out for the Mags

xMisFitToyx
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
[yt:kobwc2th]WCNRGrHMY8c[/yt:kobwc2th]

johnboy
12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Oh just seen Alan Pardew on Sky sports leaving for St James' Park, lookslike the hotel he's staying is where I used to work. Many many famous people have stayed there. It even has an FA approved training pitch for the England squad and 2 golf courses. B-)

Cataduanes
01-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I feel sorry for Hodgson, he seems to have inherited the mess that Benitez left and drowned in it. I doubt Dalglish will do any better tbh.

johnboy
01-09-2011, 03:35 PM
I feel sorry for Hodgson, he seems to have inherited the mess that Benitez left and drowned in it. I doubt Dalglish will do any better tbh.
I think they have a terrible squad with a few good players, Torres imo is shite! I'd rather have Shola than Torres!

Guys, who is the player you have been most happy to see leave? Mine is Shitus Shambles! I think he must be the most prolific own goal scorer the Premiereship has seen.

Major Stains
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
I was glad to see that Welsh twat Craig Bellamy leave Upton Park.

Felt the saddest to see Teddy Sherringham leave. :((

TonkaToys
01-11-2011, 08:47 AM
I hope King Kenny can pull something out of the hat... I wasn't happy with Hodgson, but he deserved better than he got in the end. Hopefully the same won't happen to Kenny.

JB - WTF happened against Stevenage (my nearest club)? :-o

johnboy
01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
I hope King Kenny can pull something out of the hat... I wasn't happy with Hodgson, but he deserved better than he got in the end. Hopefully the same won't happen to Kenny.

JB - WTF happened against Stevenage (my nearest club)? :-o

Dunno, I didn't get to see it. Not too bothered I'd rather concentrate on staying up this season.

johnboy
01-15-2011, 08:56 AM
[yt:3cjn88an]AUq2V7_Uu30[/yt:3cjn88an]

Howay the Toon, lets give the SMBs another good kicking tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWAY THE LADS

Auf Wiedersehen stars in tribute to Sir Bobby
[yt:3cjn88an]61aOwigj_8E[/yt:3cjn88an]

Aw went to Blaydon Races, 'twas on the ninth of Joon,
Eiteen hundred an' sixty-two, on a summer's efternoon;
Aw tyuk the 'bus frae Balmbra's, an' she wis heavy laden,
Away we went alang Collingwood Street, that's on the road to Blaydon.

chorus
Ah me lads, ye shud only seen us gannin',
We pass'd the foaks upon the road just as they wor stannin';
Thor wes lots o' lads an' lasses there, all wi' smiling faces,
Gawn alang the Scotswood Road, to see the Blaydon Races.

We flew past Airmstrang's factory, and up to the "Robin Adair",
Just gannin' doon te the railway bridge, the 'bus wheel flew off there.
The lasses lost their crinolines off, an' the veils that hide their faces,
An' aw got two black eyes an' a broken nose in gan te Blaydon Races.

(chorus)

When we gat the wheel put on away we went agyen,
But them that had their noses broke they cam back ower hyem;
Sum went to the Dispensary an' uthers to Doctor Gibbs,
An' sum sought out the Infirmary to mend their broken ribs.

(chorus)

Noo when we gat to Paradise thor wes bonny gam begun;
Thor was fower-an-twenty on the 'bus, man, hoo they danced an' sung;
They called on me to sing a sang, aw sung them "Paddy Fagan",
Aw danced a jig an' swung my twig that day aw went to Blaydon.

(chorus)

We flew across the Chain Bridge reet into Blaydon toon,
The bellman he was callin' there, they call him Jackie Broon;
Aw saw him talkin' to sum cheps, an' them he was pursuadin'
To gan an' see Geordy Ridley's concert in the Mechanics' Hall at Blaydon.

(chorus)

The rain it poor'd aw the day an' myed the groons quite muddy,
Coffy Johnny had a white hat on - they war shootin' "Whe stole the cuddy."
There wes spice stalls an' munkey shows an' aud wives selling ciders,
An' a chep wiv a hapenny roond aboot, shootin' "Noo, me lads, for riders."

(chorus)

Geordie Ridley 1862

TonkaToys
01-31-2011, 08:53 AM
I see we're bidding for Carroll... and that we might be losing Torres.

Let's wait until the last transfer day and then start disrupting everyone's teams.

johnboy
01-31-2011, 11:13 AM
At least you will be replacing a striker with a striker, we will be replacing Carroll with er, fucking no-one. Cheers Ashley you fat greedy bastard!

johnboy
01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
I suppose we have signed Stephen Ireland and Hatem Ben Arfa (when he gets fit again) this month, but neither are strikers. Thank fuck we have super Kevin Nolan to score some goals for us. I have heard rumours about us being interested in Peter Crouch but that's all it will be.

TonkaToys
02-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I suppose we have signed Stephen Ireland and Hatem Ben Arfa (when he gets fit again) this month, but neither are strikers. Thank **** we have super Kevin Nolan to score some goals for us. I have heard rumours about us being interested in Peter Crouch but that's all it will be.

Nolan's pretty good.
I like Crouchy, he's quite skillful for a lanky bugger. I thought Benitez was foolish to let him go, but then there was Alonso and Keane and ...

I hope your team does well, it is nice to have some variation in the top flight.

johnboy
02-01-2011, 08:18 AM
We tried re-signing Zoggy last night twice but they weren't interested. I don't think he would have been either. But why try to replace a striker with yet another attacking midfielder?

johnboy
02-04-2011, 07:07 AM
[yt:xjxw3s7c]MNu7P7MmdPs[/yt:xjxw3s7c]

TonkaToys
02-04-2011, 09:06 AM
=)) That's how I felt when we sold him!

[attachment=2:1vbv28w0]Kenny and Kuyt.jpg[/attachment:1vbv28w0]

[attachment=1:1vbv28w0]Terry and Torres.jpg[/attachment:1vbv28w0]

[attachment=0:1vbv28w0]Terry and Lampard.jpg[/attachment:1vbv28w0]

johnboy
02-05-2011, 04:05 PM
3 down after the first 10 minutes, 4 down at the end of the first half, 45 minutes later the Toon pull it out the bag and finish 4-4, fucking awesome. Thanks for 4 points this season Arsenal!

johnboy
02-05-2011, 10:43 PM
OMFG, we could have won it! Leon Best had a goal disallowed for being offside when he was clearly on side, yeah we had a penalty given that maybe we shouldn't have had, but then super Kevin Nolan missed by inches in the last couple of minutes. Man today has been crazy for records, best comeback ever in the premier league, most goals scored in a day in the premier league and the most penaltys too! And to top it off, both Man Utd and Sunderland lost. Oh and wow, what a finish from Tiote for the fourth goal!

TonkaToys
02-06-2011, 12:47 PM
What an amazing match that was! How on earth did you pull that out the bag.

Here's hoping we get a result today against Chelsea.

johnboy
02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
What an amazing match that was! How on earth did you pull that out the bag.

Here's hoping we get a result today against Chelsea.

Well done Liverpool! Fernando Torres, who's he?

TonkaToys
02-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Yay! Fernandwho? :party:

Soem great results this weekend.

Major Stains
02-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Wayne Rooney scores one of the best goals since 1966, but more importantly West Ham secure a well earned point in true Newcastle style. :cheers:

CB-40
02-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Wow guys saw a great highlight of an awesome goal by Man U vs Man City(?). Didn't catch the player's name but it was pretty impressive!

johnboy
04-04-2011, 02:53 PM
What do you guys think of Rooneys latest outburst? I think he's a fucking idiot. If he didn't play for Man U, I dont think he would be half as much of an idiot as he is. Seems to be something with the club, or maybe its something to do with that stuck up prick Ferguson. He thinks he can say what ever he wants, and it seems to have rubbed off on some of the players. So much for the respect campaign. They have no respect for the officials, other teams or supporters.

***Edit***

I see Wayne thuggy has picked a 2 match ban for it. I don't know if that will include when they play against us.but I really hope it does.

Major Stains
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
My 6 y/o loves Wayne Rooney.
Thank God he is too young to see what a spoilt, disrespectful, egomaniac he truly is.
Rooney always impresses me with his abilty to constantly let down himself, his family, team, and country.

TonkaToys
04-05-2011, 07:11 AM
My 6 y/o loves Wayne Rooney.
Thank God he is too young to see what a spoilt, disrespectful, egomaniac he truly is.
Rooney always impresses me with his abilty to constantly let down himself, his family, team, and country.

Hey guys stop picking on the small-minded, arrogant, thuggish, piglike, stupid bully. Oh, hang on...

Major Stains
04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Here is how to take a penalty...

http://goldfingersfc.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/how-to-take-a-penalty/

Good work :applause:

TonkaToys
04-08-2011, 07:54 AM

Let's teach Rooney to do that - then he might accidentally land on his head.

johnboy
04-08-2011, 09:50 AM

Let's teach Rooney to do that - then he might accidentally land on his head.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000

johnboy
04-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Lionel Messi what a player he is, 53 goals and counting this season alone! And he's still only 23! He will be the best player we have and probably will see for a very long time.

johnboy
05-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Well done to Man City! I'm not saying anything else about that other team that may have won something today.

Iron67
05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Well done to Man City! I'm not saying anything else about that other team that may have won something today. :))

Chelsea had um worried for 34 seconds last week

and woohoo ...its the championship for us next year ....watch out pompy we're coming for your skate hides next season b-(

johnboy
05-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Well we don't have to lose to Chelsea tomorrow to keep them in the title race. But then again we are down at least 3 key players, so we'll probably lose. But we have beaten both Chelsea and Arsenal and drawn against scum utd, so we may have a chance. And of course let's not forget the amazing 4-4 against Arsenal!

johnboy
05-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Oh dear, sorry to see West Ham go down (stains and ghosty), but hopefully they can rebuild next season and come straight back up. The premier league isn't the same without them.

Major Stains
05-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh dear, sorry to see West Ham go down (stains and ghosty), but hopefully they can rebuild next season and come straight back up. The premier league isn't the same without them.

On the plus side, if I keep my fingers crossed, I can take my son to watch them play Exeter next season if we go down again!
As you say JB. Time to rebuild, and come back in the 2013 season playing in a brand new running track!! WOOT :cheers:

Iron67
05-15-2011, 04:45 PM
its sad to see the hammers go down , always had respect for west ham
buy hey stains on a bright side you get to play us next season ;)

Major Stains
05-15-2011, 04:50 PM
its sad to see the hammers go down , always had respect for west ham
buy hey stains on a bright side you get to play us next season ;)

Woohoo. Bring it on.
Got any cheap players we can buy :-s

johnboy
05-15-2011, 05:38 PM
I bought a Premiership tool box..... there were no hammers in it! ;)

Sorry I had to do it. :hug:

TonkaToys
05-16-2011, 08:37 AM
I bought a Premiership tool box..... there were no hammers in it! ;)

Sorry I had to do it. :hug:

Ohhhhhhh that's gotta hurt! =))

But not as much as Scumchester Utd beating the title record. =((

johnboy
05-20-2011, 12:52 PM
After this weekend, what am I going to do until August?

Iron67
05-28-2011, 02:04 AM
After this weekend, what am I going to do until August?

watch cricket :))

johnboy
05-28-2011, 08:08 AM
I can't, Sky sports has it all. Champions league final tonight though. I'll be watching it if I'm allowed. Come on Barca!

Iron67
05-28-2011, 09:14 AM
i wont be watching it either ...i hate the game

and tonight i will be supporting Man-u ,im not a fan but i cant bring my self to support a foreign team when their opposition is English

johnboy
05-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I dislike Man U so much I can't bring myself to ever support them.

TonkaToys
05-28-2011, 04:43 PM
YAY! Well done Barcelona! :cheers: :party: :D

Iron67
05-28-2011, 06:33 PM
well i realized tonight i am a very small minority ...
i went to my local for one of those horse racing nights (you know the ones on the big screen)
and in between every race the put up the footy ,after i think it was race 7 it went back just in time to see Barca lifting the cup ...and the whole bloody pub cheered .
im sorry i maybe wrong , and maybe im just a bigoted Englishman but i still say when i comes down to international football (or any other competition) if theres a team from your country against one from another ...you should stand by them

LandShark
05-28-2011, 06:40 PM
how many englishmen are on barc?

Iron67
05-28-2011, 07:10 PM
trust me, everyone apart from the Man-U faithful ...and me :)

johnboy
05-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Think its down to the attitude of Fergie and some of the players and fans. The first champions league final that I saw Man U play in I was one of the only people not supporting them but that seems to have changed over the years.

Iron67
05-29-2011, 08:16 AM
if your talking about 1999 when they won the treble , yeah you probably were ....i think 75% of the country was behind them that year

i agree with you about fergies attitude ...but look where its got him ,that man has defiantly book his place in the history books

TonkaToys
05-30-2011, 01:16 PM
if your talking about 1999 when they won the treble , yeah you probably were ....i think 75% of the country was behind them that year

I certainly supported them then and continued to if they were against foreign competition until about 2004, despite the history between Liverpool (my club) and Man U.
BUT... I met someone in 2004 that is a good friend of mine, who also happens to be a devoted Man U fan. Since then his endless banging on about how great they are, how bad everyone else is, how wonderful their stadium is compared to any other and so on, has completely turned me against Man U.

That and Gary Neville.

Iron67
05-30-2011, 04:30 PM
well i guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion and thinking about it now i wouldnt be 100% pure
there would be one English team i WOULDNT support if they found them selves in that position ....but only one

johnboy
05-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Anyway enough of that, what is your take on what's going on with FIFA? I think they are all a bunch of corrupt bastards. And I also think Blatter is the worst one. But unfortunately having your own ethics department isn't going to help, that needs to be done outside of FIFA by an independent organisation.

TonkaToys
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Anyway enough of that, what is your take on what's going on with FIFA? I think they are all a bunch of corrupt bastards. And I also think Blatter is the worst one. But unfortunately having your own ethics department isn't going to help, that needs to be done outside of FIFA by an independent organisation.

I see the FA has launched a unilateral campaign against Blatter, which has so far been supported by [s:1dgbu8em]the massed football nations[/s:1dgbu8em] Scotland! No one else. :cuss:
Don't these people see what a bych of corrupt L-) these guys are!

Iron67
05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
we all said it after the draw ,and this is no offence to Russia but we have far , far more to offer and as for the 2022 cup draw ...Qatar, the corruption was just blatant
its all a farce now , a whole new governing body should be elected and both World Cup bids be voted on again

TonkaToys
06-01-2011, 07:39 AM
we all said it after the draw ,and this is no offence to Russia but we have far , far more to offer and as for the 2022 cup draw ...Qatar, the corruption was just blatant
its all a farce now , a whole new governing body should be elected and both World Cup bids be voted on again

Well it didn't quite go that far, but at least it seems like it might be fairer in the future...

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has announced that World Cup host countries will in future be chosen by a vote of all the 208 member associations

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13613128.stm

Borlaxx
07-17-2011, 08:29 AM
I know this sport is much more popular around the world than it is here in America, but people are psyched about the USA womans team being in the finals today against japan. To all the britsh MPs, is this a big deal over there too, or is it like the womans Basketball over here, and people are mainly *meh* about it?

Major Stains
07-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I know this sport is much more popular around the world than it is here in America, but people are psyched about the USA womans team being in the finals today against japan. To all the britsh MPs, is this a big deal over there too, or is it like the womans Basketball over here, and people are mainly *meh* about it?

Women playing with balls = win.

Go USA **==

Although the Brits got knocked out last week, they showed more skill and professional attitude then our male team could ever dream of.

Major Stains
07-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the cluster fuck that is World Cup penalties.
They are such a shit end to a game of football.
You guys deserved it after that great 2nd half.
It shouldn't have ended that way

dadafett
07-17-2011, 04:52 PM
The Japanese girls played the second half like they wanted it more. :applause: :applause:

Great game -- unfortunately USA came out on short end. =((

Olympics coming up next year....

TonkaToys
07-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Women's football isn't hugely popular in truth... although everyone should wait for the teams to exchange shirts at the end!

Borlaxx
07-17-2011, 08:02 PM
I didn't watch the beginning but I understand we apparently missed some looks we should of made, and I don't know enough to know if the penalties were BS, but we got sloppy in the last couple minutes and in the shoot out, so it is what it is and they still played a great game. And it is pretty hard to hate on Japan winning after the year they have had. It is a feel good story and great for their country.

johnboy
07-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Looks like a SWiit qualifing group for England for the next world cup. Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova and our world cup bogey team, San Marino.

TonkaToys
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Looks like a SWiit qualifing group for England for the next world cup. Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova and our world cup bogey team, San Marino.

I wish I could stoke up some enthusiasm but I'd hate to raise my hopes only to have them dashed ... again. :(

johnboy
07-31-2011, 07:43 AM
I've learnt never to get my hopes up when England play.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of Sir Bobby Robsons death. RIP Sir Bob, gone but never forgotten. Geordie, gentleman, legend!

johnboy
08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Oh great, yet more controversy @ NUFC today. Joey Barton has been transfer listed for being outspoken on Twitter, I follow him but I don't think he has said that much. Although he launched somewhat of an attack on the heirachy after our pre-season loss to Leeds. It doesn't quite sound like things are going Fat Cashleys way at the moment. I see Kevin Nolan has spoken out about why he left, Enrique was fined for something he said in Twitter and now Barton has been transfer listed. Something smells a bit fishy to me.

TonkaToys
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh great, yet more controversy @ NUFC today. Joey Barton has been transfer listed for being outspoken on Twitter, I follow him but I don't think he has said that much. Although he launched somewhat of an attack on the heirachy after our pre-season loss to Leeds. It doesn't quite sound like things are going Fat Cashleys way at the moment. I see Kevin Nolan has spoken out about why he left, Enrique was fined for something he said in Twitter and now Barton has been transfer listed. Something smells a bit fishy to me.

How to destroy a great team... for a second time. X(

TonkaToys
08-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Hey JB, I see we are about to sign Jose Enrique from you.
Another Twitter victim, I think?

johnboy
08-11-2011, 08:30 AM
He's been saying he wants to go since January, it was just a matter of time. I'm a tad miffed that they are reporting 5.5 - 6 mill though. He's one of the best left backs in the premier league.

jkodrigues
08-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I've learnt never to get my hopes up when England play.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of Sir Bobby Robsons death. RIP Sir Bob, gone but never forgotten. Geordie, gentleman, legend!
myslef as a porto fan can say that we had the pleasure of having sir bobby as manager of fc porto great gent excelent manager

jkodrigues
08-24-2011, 06:00 PM
hope some of you can get your fingers crossed for friday someone has to beat barca lets hope its fc porto :-ss

johnboy
08-26-2011, 10:55 AM
And the Joey Barton saga is finally over. Gone to QPR on a 4 year deal.

johnboy
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
hope some of you can get your fingers crossed for friday someone has to beat barca lets hope its fc porto :-ss

Oh dear.

jkodrigues
08-27-2011, 07:51 AM

Oh dear.
porto did wel until the 80th minute then the ref doesnt see a penalty against barca and it would be the 2nd yelow for abidal, could have changed the match butwe are a smal team from portugal

johnboy
08-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Well between Man Utd and Man City they scored 13 goals today. City beating Spurs 5-1 and Utd beating Arsenal 8-2. Arsenal have also had someone sent off in their first 3 games of the season. I don't think Wenger will last too long into the season if they carry on with this form.

TonkaToys
08-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Watched the Man-U v Arsenal highlights today with Ben (my eldest); Arsenal were shocking!

johnboy
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
I'd 8-2 be a Gooner after that result!

sorry

TonkaToys
09-01-2011, 03:47 AM
#-o that deserves a kick up the Arsenal.

Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy rejoins Liverpool (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14730645.stm) ... WHY WHY WHY! :((

and Meireles ... among transfer deadline day movers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14741226.stm) [-(

johnboy
09-01-2011, 05:59 AM
At least you know Bellamy can score goals. We've sold all our best goal scorers and brought in no-one. We're going to have to rely on Leon Best and Sammy Ameobi. We do also have Shola and Lovenkrands but for strikers they rarely score! :( its going to be a long hard season for the toon. Especially with a lack of central defenders too.

TonkaToys
09-01-2011, 07:25 AM
At least you know Bellamy can score goals.

When he's not warming the bench or arguing with the ref or crying because he's welsh :(( ...

We've sold all our best goal scorers and brought in no-one. We're going to have to rely on Leon Best and Sammy Ameobi. We do also have Shola and Lovenkrands but for strikers they rarely score! :( its going to be a long hard season for the toon. Especially with a lack of central defenders too.

Best seemed pretty good against Fulham.

johnboy
09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I see that a Welsh football fan has died after being attacked by 6 fellow Wales fans before the match yesterday outside Wembley stadium. Why do people do this sort of stupid shit?

Madlob75
10-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Looking around the forum and I saw this discussion. Anyone else following USMNT? I'm looking forward to the upcoming games.

Madlob75
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Honduras game....eeeh. I think the US team was lucky that Honduras didn't seem to get their shots on target. Howard have a few great saves. Shea missed an easy one, and Demp's header should of counted. I still think that they are trying to find their identity under Kilnsman. Thou I don't wish him I'll will, I am glad Donavon is out of the lineup for a few games. It will be good to get some other young guys on the pitch. Williams looked good and was creative. I really don't care if they win any freindlies as long as they have a strong showing in qualifying.

TonkaToys
10-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Howard is a great goalie.
How old us Donovan now? He can't have that much longer to play can he?

Madlob75
10-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Donovan is in his late 20's so he'll be at least 30 by Brazil. I'm not completely sold on him. He is quick and good in open space, but doesn't have the closeup skills like a Dempsey. What's on the field now will be completely different by the end of qualifying and heading to Brazil (hopefully).

johnboy
10-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Madlob, does Onyewu still play for the US national team? I only ask as he played for my team for a little while.

CORNERKIX
10-14-2011, 05:10 AM
My family and I are absolutely crazy over footie!! I have played and still continue to try :)) Mostly now I just coach a couple of travel teams for teenagers. Both kids play the keeper position, damn gloves are expensive :(( Both kids enjoy watching Manchester United, this due to when Edwin played and Chicharito, and I will watch just about any game I can. Much prefer the EPL to our professional league here in the States.

Madlob75
10-14-2011, 05:58 AM
Madlob, does Onyewu still play for the US national team? I only ask as he played for my team for a little while.

He was a beast at CB heading into South Africa, but blew out his knee in one of the last qualifiers. Since then he's transferred to Standard Lige (???) and has finally regained his fitness. Klinsman brought him in for the last two friendlies and he looked good. Good thing because they have struggled to find a cohesive back line.

TonkaToys
10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
My family and I are absolutely crazy over footie!! I have played and still continue to try :)) Mostly now I just coach a couple of travel teams for teenagers. Both kids play the keeper position, damn gloves are expensive :(( Both kids enjoy watching Manchester United, this due to when Edwin played and Chicharito, and I will watch just about any game I can. Much prefer the EPL to our professional league here in the States.

Arg! Not Man U! :tongue:

Should be a good game at the weekend... if our players are awake.

JB, here's a good article from the Beeb about how Pardew is doing a great job organising the Toon defenders...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballt ... rdews.html (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballtacticsblog/2011/10/newcastle_profit_from_pardews.html)

johnboy
10-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Cool, cheers Charlie.

johnboy
10-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Went to the pub for the first time in probably a year to watch the footy, thoroughly enjoyed it, apart from the penalty that went completely against the run of play. £2.50 a pint plus nearly empty bar which meant we could sit where we wanted to made it very enjoyable. None of my mates could make it but thankfully with living in a town of only 10000 people I knew nearly everyone there, even had a good laugh with the ones I didn't know. NUFC still unbeaten and still 4th, I'm really enjoying this season so far. Been great winding the SMBs up, no offence meant, Nuts! :p
Not looking forward to next month, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea one after another. But at the moment, all teams are welcome to try and beat us fortress St James's!

TonkaToys
10-17-2011, 07:14 AM
Went to the pub for the first time in probably a year to watch the footy, thoroughly enjoyed it, apart from the penalty that went completely against the run of play. £2.50 a pint plus nearly empty bar which meant we could sit where we wanted to made it very enjoyable. None of my mates could make it but thankfully with living in a town of only 10000 people I knew nearly everyone there, even had a good laugh with the ones I didn't know. NUFC still unbeaten and still 4th, I'm really enjoying this season so far. Been great winding the SMBs up, no offence meant, Nuts! :p
Not looking forward to next month, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea one after another. But at the moment, all teams are welcome to try and beat us fortress St James's!

Your colourful facebook updates have been making me laugh this weekend.

johnboy
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm sure I only posted a couple, too busy to have posted more.

johnboy
10-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Well an update on the season so far. Still unbeaten, up to third and only a point behind Man Utd in second. Only 3 clubs in England remain unbeaten in the league so far this season and neither Newcastle or Huddersfield have spent £360,000,000 on players in 4 years (Yes, Man City. I'm looking in your direction). This is Newcastle's best start to a season in 61 years, not even my parents would remember that as they were both born in 1950. Everton up next, lunchtime kick off on Saturday.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Howay_The_Lads.JPG/450px-Howay_The_Lads.JPG

TonkaToys
11-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Amazing results for you guys. Keep the pressure on the top 2!

BusySignal
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Gunners!!!

TonkaToys
11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Gunners!!!

Tough season for you so far.

TonkaToys
11-10-2011, 12:11 PM
So JB, how do you like the new name of your ground? The Sports Direct stadium, or whatever it is! :(( :))

johnboy
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
It's called St James' Park!!! That fat prick can call it whatever he wants, for everyone that cares about it, its staying the same. Newcastle city council have refused to replace any signage so they will all continue to direct you to SJP. The station underneath is staying St James metro station. No one will buy it so he will get free advertising for his cheap sports goods store because I very much doubt that Sports Direct will pay anything to NUFC for all this advertising space it takes up. Honestly, the bloke couldn't give a shit what he does to my beloved club and this time he's fucked up big time! Shirt sponsorship is up at the end of the season, that will be 3 new shirts in 3 years and I can see that being taken up by that red and blue shit too. He sells nufc shirts at £10-£15 cheaper than at the club shops in his stores, even when the stores are within a few yards of each other. In 2009 they said it will always stay as St James' Park as long as they were in charge. That didn't last long did it! I will never believe a thing that MA or DL say ever again. I can see the next trick being changing the colour of the strip. 120 years of footballing history wiped out on a whim.

TonkaToys
11-11-2011, 08:17 AM
I can understand it when it is a brand new stadium and they need big money sponsorship to help build the thing, but ... come on ... for established stadia there is no reason to rename them.

I bloody well hope they don't change your strip, it is distinctive! I can see your away strip changing to Sprouts Dissect colours though.

johnboy
11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I think I might have to change the name of this thread. How about, John and Charlie's footy banter?

TonkaToys
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
=)) :cheers:

BusySignal
11-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Gunners!!!

Tough season for you so far.

True enough.

johnboy
11-27-2011, 08:25 AM
RIP Gary Speed, Premiership legend. It's a very sad day for both English and Welsh football. He was on football focus yesterday and it sounds like he took his own life last night at home.

Major Stains
12-02-2011, 04:28 PM
So we've drawn France again in the Euro's.
I remember 7 years ago we lost to them on the 13th June.
It put a real dampner on my 30th Birthday.

Hopefully 8 years on, and things will be different.

@JB. That was truly shocking news about Gary Speed last week.
A great loss to the sport.

johnboy
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
That's one thing about having a mid June birthday when the Euros or World cup is on, England usually play around then. That is of course only if we qualify, unlike the last euros.

Major Stains
12-03-2011, 02:05 PM
That is of course only if we qualify, unlike the last euros.

True. There was me assuming we were a kick ass footballing nation!! 8-|
Maybe if they only got paid for a win :-\

johnboy
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Ouch, I was hurting after yesterdays result. I'm feeling better after todays.

TonkaToys
12-05-2011, 09:02 AM
That is of course only if we qualify, unlike the last euros.

True. There was me assuming we were a kick ass footballing nation!! 8-|
Maybe if they only got laid for a win :-\

we can kick ass pretty well... But unfortunately we can't kick footballs very well.

(also fixed your post for you)

Major Stains
12-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Maybe if they only got laid for a win :-\

=)) if that was the case Giggsy would win it single handedly for Wales :-*

johnboy
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
What about JT and Ashley Cole?

TonkaToys
12-09-2011, 04:37 AM
To commemorate Man City and Man Utd’s untimely and unexpected exit from the Champions League, the FA have announced that this Saturday there will be a minutes laughter before all matches.

johnboy
12-09-2011, 09:56 AM
To commemorate Man City and Man Utd’s untimely and unexpected exit from the Champions League, the FA have announced that this Saturday there will be a minutes laughter before all matches.

:(( :(( :(( oh sorry I meant =)) =)) =))

Nighthawk_KOZ
12-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Not cool Man United fan here love the mighty Reds but, as a life long supporter, what the hell is SAF doing? Please buy a CM for the love of Christ and don't keep saying there's no talent on the wires. There's plenty you have to pony up the money Alex!

TonkaToys
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Not cool Man United fan here love the mighty Reds but, as a life long supporter, what the hell is SAF doing? Please buy a CM for the love of Christ and don't keep saying there's no talent on the wires. There's plenty you have to pony up the money Alex!

That's true - he's got a fabulous team there with one glaring omission.

jmseaman
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Haven't been able to follow Celtic much now that I've been stateside for quite awhile. My father lives in Athlone (Ireland) and likes to follow hurling instead of football. Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of how they thought Celtic has done...Would like to hear it from a "non-expert" thanks.

TonkaToys
12-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Haven't been able to follow Celtic much now that I've been stateside for quite awhile. My father lives in Athlone (Ireland) and likes to follow hurling instead of football. Can anyone give me a brief breakdown of how they thought Celtic has done...Would like to hear it from a "non-expert" thanks.

It's not so easy to follow Scottish football in England as you'd think!
I get the impression Celtic aren't doing as well as they normally do this season; with Rangers generally on top.
Let me check... yeah, Celtic are 7 points below Rangers at the moment with a game in hand, so there's hope yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm)

johnboy
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM

It's not so easy to follow Scottish football in England as you'd think!
I get the impression Celtic aren't doing as well as they normally do this season; with Rangers generally on top.
Let me check... yeah, Celtic are 7 points below Rangers at the moment with a game in hand, so there's hope yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm)

Actually it's quite different up whew I am. There are a lot of Rangers and Celtic supporters and that's just the English, never mind all the Scottish that live here too. A couple of months or so a go, Celtic were trailing Rangers by 15 points, they saw in the New Year top of the SPL!

TonkaToys
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Well done the magpies.

johnboy
01-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Well done the magpies.

Thanks Charlie. We played them off the park! Even some of my mackem buddies said we played really well and scored 2 brilliant goals. Cabaye's free kick was a blinder like. I've been walking around like this all day :D

A crisis line has been opened up in Manchester today. A devastating ToonArmy struck 3 times last night and washed away 11 men and a pensioner!

johnboy
04-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Well, I think the title race is more or less over, after being top for the majority of the season it seems that City have done a Newcastle and bottled it. Talking about my beloved team, in the race for a Champions league spot eh, who would have though that 3 seasons ago when we were relegated. Loving being a Toon fan again, apart from MA's mad move to rename SJP. NUFC4life :x :x

TonkaToys
04-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Well done Newcastle - you've had some brilliant games and bought a great player in Demba Ba - just don't lose him to some greedy high paying club that will squander his potential. :-"

johnboy
04-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Cheers Charlie, it's a pity he's lost his scoring mojo, just as well we brought in Cisse who's now scored 11 goals in 10 games since both he and Demba came back from CAN. Anyhoo enough of the PL chatter. I know it's just the Olympic football, but SJP will be hosting games featuring both Brazil and Spain, as well as Mexico.

TonkaToys
04-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Have you got tickets?

johnboy
04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Don't be silly, of course I haven't!

TonkaToys
04-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Don't be silly, of course I haven't!
:)) You never know!

Can't believe Chelski beat Messi-lona.

johnboy
04-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I can't see them winning it, they're going to have half the team missing! So that's the Toon through then. Lol. But seriously we still have Chelsea to play and I think they will be concentrating more on the CL final. I can see us beating both Wigan and Everton, City may not be interested if they lose to ManUre at the weekend and of course we have the Chelsea game. I can see us taking a minimum of 7 points from the 4 games we have left.

TonkaToys
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I hope so; that would be a spectacular turnaround from last year's season.

johnboy
04-30-2012, 08:50 AM
I see the majority of the Olympic footy tickets were released this morning. Don't think I could afford to buy any anyway since they seem to be being sold through ticketripoffmaster.

Major Stains
05-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Well, I've been neglecting this topic due to my teams failure to capitalise from their efforts. And I'm afraid I hold as much hope for West Ham winning the playoffs, as I do for England winning the Euros!

I basically wanted to say to Johnboy... Well done Newcastle, well done Pardew, and OH MY GIDDY AUNT, well done Cissé!!!
Anyone one who likes football, I say to you, google 'Cissé best goal ever' and you will not be disappointed.
Nice one mate, a true return to glory.

Danbo
05-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Well, I've been neglecting this topic due to my teams failure to capitalise from their efforts. And I'm afraid I hold as much hope for West Ham winning the playoffs, as I do for England winning the Euros!

I basically wanted to say to Johnboy... Well done Newcastle, well done Pardew, and OH MY GIDDY AUNT, well done Cissé!!!
Anyone one who likes football, I say to you, google 'Cissé best goal ever' and you will not be disappointed.
Nice one mate, a true return to glory.

Montreal has an MLS team now, although it's nothing even remotely close to what is seen in Europe. I just hope all this MLS stuff will elevate the North American game somewhat.

johnboy
05-03-2012, 08:01 AM
@Danbo, the MLS seems to he able to attract some high profile players. Some of them may be a little past their prime, but it still helps to raise the profile of the MLS.

@Stains, I missed the game as I haven't felt right this past week so I was in bed and asleep by 7.30 last night. I woke up about midnight and checked Facebook to find out the score and all I saw were.comments about some wonder goal but I still couldn't find out the score! Lol

Here is said goal...... Oh and his first goal was a beauty too.
[yt:kovjytcm]EZ79__kQ4ag[/yt:kovjytcm]

It's 18 years sine we last best Chelsea @ The Bridge, now many pundits and Sir Fergie are saying that Citeh are going to be tested by Newcastle on Sunday. The league title could effectively be in the hands of Newcastle United. I'm torn on this one, as much as I want us to hammer Citeh, I don't want ManUre to take the title.

Danbo
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
@Danbo, the MLS seems to he able to attract some high profile players. Some of them may be a little past their prime, but it still helps to raise the profile of the MLS.

Attracting star players (past their prime or not!) is still a far cry from producing star players. If we're lucky, FIFA might have to change it's ranking systeme with regards to North America's equivalence factor in 20 years :) I won't hold my breath!

As for Cissé, That is a great goal...

=T4NUKI=
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
All right, I must admit it, I love David Beckham.
Whatwhatwhat ?!
Yes I do like David Beckham a lot.
When I was a kid, one of my first soccer coach's idol was George Best. He was the typical Manchester United fan of the 80s.... wich means he was stuck on the 70s and 60s ! Oh the glorious stories, the conquests, the legends....it was breathtaking and thrilling for a young one like me ...
So when I grew up, I've always been a Man U fan.
I've been a witness of a new generation of young players , a small group of English footballers, breaking the ranks of my team's youth organisation....Giggs, the Nevilles, Scholes and Beckham.
I've grown fond of that skinny blond dude who could score on any free kick.
Then, the impossible happened.... Beckham's gone to Italy..... ITALY????!!! WTF ??!!
and you know what..... I've stopped been a Man U fan .....
There's no way they could let go of such a player, I was thinking....
Poor David struggled through hell and injuries over there, but I kinda couldnt care anymore....
Then he moved to California, where he went and joined the Galaxy...
still, I coulndt care less about the MLS....
until Montreal gets a MLS team.
I've always liked the Impact (MTL's team). The tickets are cheap, the ambiance is awesome.... pretty good team too.
Yesterday, I've seen Beckham play against my MTL Impact.... and it was marvellous !
At last I could see him play for real !
Gone the transfer to Italy, gone the drama, all there was, was him, playing his ass off ! He was everywhere....
My wife, who was there with me, asked me:'' Why is he always taking the corners and free kicks ?''
'' Cause he's the best at it....well he used to....'' I replied
and then, he did it .
He scored a beauty out of a free kick !
The game ended 1-1. Beckham took the time to go to all four corners of the pitch to salute the crowd and stayed on for an interview....we went down, my wife wanted to get closer to the sex-symbol that he is, and I kinda wanted to see him closer too. He took his shirt off, gave it to a lucky girl (didnt threw it away, I kinda liked that) saluted the fans some more and left the pitch.
That made my day, and kinda made me reconnect with a football player I used to worship in his glory days

http://youtu.be/5HPXvE1g_go?hd=1

Danbo
05-13-2012, 07:55 PM
It really was a good game to watch! Were u at the big O?

TonkaToys
05-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Doesn't matter who you support, I don't think you can fault David Beckham for being a real ambassador for football. Such a nice guy, despite his wife's best efforts to turn him into a media sensation.

Well done Man City!

Come on Blackpool this weekend; 2nd time in 3 seasons I'll be going to Wembley to support their attempt to move into the Prem... this time I'm taking my 8 year old.
:cheers:

=T4NUKI=
05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
I was, section 228, pretty close to the pitch ! Over 60000 souls in the big O... pretty impressive and kinda scary ! (You never know when this beat-up gorgeous piece of rotting concrete's gonna crumble down to ashes !!!) It was my mother's day give to my wife...brought her to see the real-life David Beckham ! Mommy was very happy !

Danbo
05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
I was, section 228, pretty close to the pitch ! Over 60000 souls in the big O... pretty impressive and kinda scary ! (You never know when this beat-up gorgeous piece of rotting concrete's gonna crumble down to ashes !!!) It was my mother's day give to my wife...brought her to see the real-life David Beckham ! Mommy was very happy !

LOL I'm sure she was! I went to the Big O for the season opener against the Chicago Fire. Was a good experience; although you do never know when a piece of rotting concrete's gonna crubmle down on ya :P hahaha

IMFC FTW!

Major Stains
05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
...brought her to see the real-life David Beckham ! Mommy was very happy !

My wife bought me a Beckham mask for Christmas and my sex life went though the roof :-" :D ;) :))
(No B, she didn't wear it!) :-o

Sounds like a great day T4 :cheers:

johnboy
05-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Well done to the Hammers, more banter for next season.

Danbo
05-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Chelsea or München?

Chelsea is underrated by the bookies...

cubizzle
05-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Been a Chelsea fan since I learned what Champion's League soccer was. Gonna be awesome!!!

Major Stains
05-19-2012, 04:53 PM

WOOT :cheers: :party:

And I never thought I'd see the Germans lose on Penalties :-o they are human after all.

TonkaToys
05-22-2012, 08:32 AM

Yes well done the Hammers - good game even though disappointing for my friend.

Walking out of Wembley, there were a few Hammers around and we had a nice friendly chat with them - discussing the match and wishing each other luck for the next season... that is what footy should be like.

Just down the way a little, there were some other fans (not saying which side) who decided to swear at the other supporters and were talking about "starting a ruck". Idiots.

My 8yo said we should report them to the police for using the f-word!

And I never thought I'd see the Germans lose on Penalties :-o they are human after all.

Nice one Chelski! I hope this means Roman will consider keeping Di Mateo on - he's done them proud.

=T4NUKI=
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Speaking of soccer.... My son Victor is having his first soccer practice tonight ! :party:

Iron67
05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
being a life long Southampton fan , its been a great season for me ,bit nail biting at the end but all and all great
i also have some ties to chelsea and to see Robi grab the FA cup and then the CL was fantastic but i think the semi final had me more on the edge of my chair than the final its self

Nice one Chelski! I hope this means Roman will consider keeping Di Mateo on - he's done them proud.

sadly i read in the paper today the he isnt and still looking at the Barcelona manager , i personally think the guys mad not to
he wanted and got his "holy grail" and the FA cup as an added bonus ,ok they didnt get as high in the league as he wanted but Di Mateo is a good manager but he isnt god
and they have lost drogba too

johnboy
05-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Thought Pep Guardiola was taking a year out?

Iron67
05-22-2012, 06:45 PM
this is what he is telling everyone , but i think if he's offered the job he is going to take it

TonkaToys
05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Speaking of soccer.... My son Victor is having his first soccer practice tonight ! :party:

How did he do? Hope he had fun.

this is what he is telling everyone , but i think if he's offered the job he is going to take it

That Roman is a bit bonkers; if only I had that much money to chop and change my life around!

BTW: I'm often down in Soton at the mo, we've merged with a company down there that is based in the New Forest near Totton / Nettley Marsh.

johnboy
05-26-2012, 07:25 PM

As far as I'm aware he's already turned them down once but they think they can tempt him with another offer. I hope to god that if Pep turns them down again, that Di Matteo tells them to... Aye, well...
As interim manager he delivered them the one trophy they wanted, the FA cup and then Champions league football for next season on top of that and what thanks does he get? Nowt, they want to give the job to someone else.

Iron67
06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
yeah if she had an England shirt on ....
we were bloody lucky tonight!!!

Major Stains
06-15-2012, 07:39 PM
we were bloody lucky tonight!!!

That was ALL skill.
Well OK it was 50/50..
Alright, it was 60/40...
Maybe 70/30?
Yeah, you're right. We were bloody lucky tonight :-"

But an England win is an England win. It makes crashing out to a good team even more painful!

And Dre...if those puppies are for sale, I'll take the one with the pink nose :D

Iron67
06-16-2012, 04:00 AM
we need just one point to move on to the quarters and with Rooney back id like to see a vast improvement
because if there isnt improvement and we do get that one point , i fear the quarters will be as far as we go .
im one of these people that will always defend Englands state of play but i must say they showed a lack of experience,
they defiantly showed more commitment against France on monday than they did last night .
Gerard was on the radio this morning and said that they had probably given the manager a few more gray hairs ....no Sh*t, i think i might have woke up with a few more silver high-lights this morning :-?