PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 favorite TV shows

iheartpain
10-14-2009, 11:29 AM
This was spurred by something I saw in another thread, and thought it would be fun to get it out there.

1.) Fringe
2.) Chuck
3.) Lost
4.) The Big Bang Theory
5.) The Office

Others:
- The Next Iron Chef/Man Vs Food/Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern/Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives (and yes, I am a foodie)
- Glee

....And now let's open it up to discussion!
Questions, comments, rants?

DB4
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
currently:

1) DEXTER! (unfortunately I am not subscribing to Showtime this season. However it is still, hands down, the best show on television.

2) Two and a half men

3) How I met you mother

4) Grey's Anatomy

5) ??? brain fart. I don't watch that many shows if we aren't counting sports....

I would throw SYTYCD or ABDC on the list but i hadn't really watched them consistantly the last/current seasons.
*edit* oh yeah... i like Top Chef too...though i would never eat anything they cook LOL

Psalm
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
IHP, I like quite a few Foodie shows myself...Just don't have time for them!

Currently on TV
1) Lost
2) Heroes
3) The Office
4) Ninja Warrior (G4 TV)
5) Amazing Race

also like Diners, Drive-in's and Dives (Food Network), and Big Bang Theory

I liked Alias quite a bit when it was on, as did I like "The Unit".

iheartpain
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Used to love Heroes
Last two seasons not so good
Now a former fan

Read the Haiku thread (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41&p=13329#p13329)
Can't think normally, because
Haiku keeps coming!

DB4
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
also like Diners, Drive-in's and Dives (Food Network)...

local joint here in Sacramento that was on that show: "Squeeze Inn". I used to live walking distance from it. Famous for it's burgers with huge cheese skirts. They just had a law suit against them though because the restaurant wasn't ADA compliant. they call it Squeeze Inn because you would literally have to squeeze in to get in there when it was busy (which is just about all the time). The restaurant had about 12 barstools to sit in, behind the barstools you had about 36 inches of space to walk behind them. That was it, unless you sat outside.

Daddio, if you haven't been there...you need to go. I know that they are actually moving (or have officially moved already) the restaurant because of the lawsuit. If they are still in the old location, you should hit it up before they move to experience the ambiance. Expect long lines, and long waits at lunch during the week. Here is a link for you for address info, if you don't know where it is at: http://www.thesqueezeinn.com, they actually have a couple locations now.

masterbee
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
1.) Chuck
2.) Heroes
3.) Destination Truth
4.) Ghost Hunters
5.) Smallville

I do watch a lot of sports and documentaries. :D

Daddio
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Alright don't laugh too hard:

1)Surviors----it is a family thing we have done since the second season
2)Crimial Minds
3)NCIS
4)24
5)Hannah Montana =)) =)) =))

Tinker
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
The Ultimate Fighter and anything else UFC (Spike)
Man vs. Wild (Discovery)
Nightly News with Brian Williams (NBC)
Family Guy (Fox)
Friends re-runs (TBS it's funny)

Borlaxx
10-14-2009, 01:35 PM
1) Just about anything on the Discovery Channel
2) Just about anything on the History Channel
3) Whatever crap the wife is watching
4) Whatever will keep my son distracted so I can cook dinner
5) Adult Swim shows that do not make me feel like I am having a bad acid trip

Psalm
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Man vs. Wild (Discovery)

Tink, did you see that story about Bear Grilis actually sleeping in Hotels during the shooting of the show?
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/story/_a/wild-grylls-not-so-manly-after-all/20070724065109990001

Trez
10-14-2009, 02:14 PM
1) Survivor
2) Fringe
3) True Blood
4) Project Runway, yes seriously!
5) So You Think You Can Dance, again, yes, seriously!

Oh yeah, I gotta go with Tink too, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.
DVR and watch every night. If it's preempted I download it as a Podcast.

Psalm
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
1) Survivor

I've been watching this again this season....its been a few years since I watched it...
That dude Russell is an ass.

iheartpain
10-14-2009, 02:40 PM
1) Survivor
2) Fringe
3) True Blood
4) Project Runway, yes seriously!
5) So You Think You Can Dance, again, yes, seriously!

Oh yeah, I gotta go with Tink too, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.
DVR and watch every night. If it's preempted I download it as a Podcast.

Yes! finally another Fringe fan! :party: How great was the last epi? :applause:

lol I was afraid I was the only one L-)

Daddio
10-14-2009, 03:11 PM
1) Survivor

I've been watching this again this season....its been a few years since I watched it...
That dude Russell is an ass.

Man that was the show I thought I would catch hell on...Glad there is a couple of other L-) out there... =)) =))

You are right about Russell..but you got to admit he is playing those guys. I'm sure it will catch up with him in the end!

UticaClub
10-14-2009, 03:42 PM
are we talkingg this year or of all time.if its of all time than mine are
1. M*A*S*H
2.Sons of anarchy
3.Hill Street Blues
4.Welcome Back Kotter

iheartpain
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I was thinking more on the lines of what you are currently watching. Favorite TV show of all time will have WAAAYYYY too much discussion for this topic :)

Tinker
10-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Tink, did you see that story about Bear Grilis actually sleeping in Hotels
No I hadn't seen or heard about that one.
It dosn't matter to me though, even if it's true.
If he needed a room after barfing up some slug puss then it was probably necessary.
I'm more interested in the tricks and not so much whether he has or hasn't suffered.
An episode on this past Monday, he took Will Farrel out and Farrel kept bugging him about drinkin his pee.
Very funny.

brainburns
10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
1. The Office
2. 30 Rock
3. Ghost Hunters
4. Big Love
5. Gotta admit i watch Survivor too!

ScoobySnacks
10-14-2009, 09:07 PM
1. Fringe - "love this show"
2. House
3. Lost
4. Family Guy
5. History Channel And Robot Chicken

CB-40
10-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Not necessarily in any order:

1) Grey's
2) Sportscenter
3) Robot Chicken
4) House
5) The Office

Hard to pare it down to just 5. Honorable mentions: Community, Cold Case, The Middle, Anything on Food Network

StrawHousePig
10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
1) MXC
2) Family Guy
3) SpongeBob (Yes, seriously. Though it's gone waayyyy down hill the last few years.)
4) ... Supernatural (Probably. It's the little woman's show, but I've always enjoyed it. :-$ )
5) Nothing else... maybe Funny Videos.

Just not much of a TV watcher. :-??

OldGregg
10-14-2009, 10:30 PM
1. Heroes
2. Arrested Developement
3. Dead Like Me
4. Family Guy
5. Modern Marvels

Mutt
10-14-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't even watch that many shows.

1) Entourage
2) Hell's Kitchen
3) The Office
4) Parks & Recreation
5) Any video game review shows on G4

CIGARELLO
10-14-2009, 11:45 PM
S.O.A
It is the only show I have to watch now the Shield is gone.Anything else it is whatever whenever.

iheartpain
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
What are MXC and SOA?

brainburns
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
MXC is a japanese obstacle course show on Spike. I haven't seen it on lately but it is hilarious.

Get it on!!

I forgot about Mythbusters and Stormchasers is starting this Sunday.

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 11:16 AM
MXC is a japanese obstacle course show on Spike. I haven't seen it on lately but it is hilarious.

Get it on!!

I forgot about Mythbusters and Stormchasers is starting this Sunday.
Yup, MXC, also know as Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (I think) is AWESOME! It is an old crazy gameshow from Japan during the 80's/early 90's, but some people brought it over here, dubbed in compeltely innacurate and hilarious voices with fake names, and then added the funniest commentary I have ever heard.

SOA is Sons of Anarchy.

ScoobySnacks
10-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Love MXC - hilarious voice overs - plus people getting messed up, alot of it looks really painful

vanilla
10-16-2009, 08:24 AM
1) Lost
2) Fringe
3) House
4) The Office
5) Hell's Kitchen
Notable mentions: Heroes and Chuck

Providing hockey or football isn't on...

And boy, I must say the DVR is a wonderful invention! How did we live without it?

RATA MUERTA
10-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Ok here we go...and in no particular order, and most recent
1. Ghost Hunters
2. Desperate Housewives
3. Destination Truth - SOooo much better this season, the last couple of season were so Sh*tty I watched them to laugh and secretly hoped that Josh would get mauled, now they are doing such a better job it deserves a #3 spot
4.Project Runway (I feel ya Trez)
5. Supernatural

I watch lots of TV so some honorably mentions are required: Family guy, Old school adult swim (robot chicken, VENTURE BROTHERS RULE, Inuyasha) Daily show and Colbert report, and like Borlax I have seen everything on the History channel.....New show that rocks.....6. Clash of the Gods..... spectacular!!!!! Mystery Quest has also been entertaining.

UticaClub
10-16-2009, 04:09 PM
SOA= Sons Of Anarchy its on fx and it took the shields spot.

DB4
10-17-2009, 12:46 PM
I can't believe I forgot about BIG BROTHER. Especially since I tried out for it. LOL. Big Brother is #1(b) on my list.

iheartpain
10-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't know if reality shows count for real TV ;)

iheartpain
10-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Have to add a new one...

Glee :-"

What can I say? My wife and I watch it, since she was in musicals and has danced her whole life.

I am still a MAN though, dangit! :-s :))

Trez
10-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Have to add a new one...

Glee :-"

What can I say? My wife and I watch it, since she was in musicals and has danced her whole life.

I am still a MAN though, dangit! :-s :))
LOL! I was going to say this too, but didn't want to be the first one. :blush: You can't help but smile when this show is on. ;;)

Psalm
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
*Mancards Pulled*

iheartpain
10-27-2009, 05:50 PM
LOL! I was going to say this too, but didn't want to be the first one. :blush: You can't help but smile when this show is on. ;;)

lol I know--it's so freakin' quotable too.

"Are you doubting my bad-assness? *flexes arm* I mean look at my guns!"
&
"Rachel was a hot Jew, and the good Lord wanted me to get in her pants"
--Puck

"Santana, Wheels, Gay Kid. Come on, move it! Asian, Other Asian, Aretha, and Shaft. !"
also
"I like minorities so much, I'm thinking of moving to California to become one."
--Sue Sylvester, to some of the minority students

"I'll often yell at homeless people 'Hey, hows that homelessness working out for you?' Give NOT being homeless a try!"
--Sue Sylvester

=))

iheartpain
10-27-2009, 05:54 PM
*Mancards Pulled*

Hey! I used to sing in the church choir O:-)

#-o *realizes that doesn't help his cause*

*clears throat, voice deeper* well, I went 44-2 in Asylum the other day, and I am brewing an all-grain seasonal ale on Sunday, how's that? B-) It's in the sig, so it has to be true.

:))

Borlaxx
10-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I am a Glee fan, too. Sorry, but that show is so loopy and hilarious, and the cheer leading coach, Sue, is one of the best characters EVER. Sure, there are serious plot elements, but the overall presentation is more comedy than drama, but the acting is top notch and the writing and story line are excellent. Although most of the songs aren't exacting things I would have on my iPod, they serve well to advance the plot and the singing is great.

At least I don't go around pulling on people's man cards like Ed :-"

StrawHousePig
10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
*Mancards Pulled*
Ooohhh Shnap! b-( :p

Paul06TC
10-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll have to add mine in here.

Entourage
Red Dwarf
Top Gear
Jackass
Football?

Trez
10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Since my mancard has already been revoked I shouldn't be ashamed to say we're going to see So You Think You Can Dance Live at the Sprint Center November 1st! :-"

Psalm
10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Since my mancard has already been revoked I shouldn't be ashamed to say we're going to see So You Think You Can Dance Live at the Sprint Center November 1st! :-"
[-( #-o

iheartpain
10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
[-( #-o

=)) That's not that bad....One of my friends took his 2 girls to the Miley Cyrus US kickoff, which was here in Portland, and brought his HD cam with them.

Ps, did you go see Miley when her tour dates his around your area?? :))

Psalm
10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
[-( #-o

=)) That's not that bad....One of my friends took his 2 girls to the Miley Cyrus US kickoff, which was here in Portland, and brought his HD cam with them.

Ps, did you go see Miley when her tour dates his around your area?? :))
dude...i would take my kid to some silly show, but i'm not gonna watch that stuff on tv. :))

iheartpain
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
:devil: [s:1emtzuod]AWAKEN, from the depths!!![/s:1emtzuod] :devil:

**EDIT**

Edited the OP

StrawHousePig
02-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Please do not bump old topics. Adding a worthwhile comment is one thing, pure bumpage is another. /:)

iheartpain
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
lol geez Otter, do I need to explicitly state that I edited the OP?

**I edited the OP** - this is not a straight bump. :)

Psalm
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Big Bang theory is pretty funny...have watched that for awhile...this season wasn't as funny as the older ones.

Raven
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I'll add here. Too many shows but here are the best ones for me

1- House
2- 24
3- Any food network show
4- Any discovery channel show
5 - Family Guy

02-11-2010, 04:23 PM
1. True Blood
2. Two and a Half Men
3. Heroes
4. Kitchen Nightmares
5. House

jiggle
02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
thats hard i like a bunch!! 1/chuck 2/house 3/bones 4/fringe 5/sons of anarchy thats my top five
:D

StrawHousePig
02-11-2010, 09:46 PM
lol geez Otter, do I need to explicitly state that I edited the OP?
Yes.

More importantly, of course you do. No one but the people who haven't seen the topic before will read the first post. If you hadn't just said so I never would have known it had been changed. No one starts at the beginning every time. Or... do you?? /:) :p

02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
i know i already put my 5 cents in but my wife just reminded me that i watch alot of Bully Beatdown. it is by far the best thing that mtv has ever come up with. Jason "Mayhem" Miller is one of the funniest mf'ers ive seen. if you havent seen it i strongly suggest u check it out.

StrawHousePig
02-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Occasionally, depending on the subject...

Modern Marvels
How It's Made
Dirty Jobs

Lumchan
02-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Well it's ended now, but I was enjoying the Dollhouse (yeah, it's weird and ridiculous). I also like Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Medium, The Ghost Whisperer, and the Simple Life of the American Teenager, so pretty much all girly shows. Not really my favorite shows, but they are what is on.

snowman
02-23-2010, 04:18 PM
I have to watch or DVR

1- NCIS
2- House
3- One Tree Hill
4- Howe and Howe Tech
5- American Chopper (even though it's getting a little lame since the family split)

I've started watching Tool Academy because all the tools are funny and their significant others are idiots for trying to keep them. I also got into Madhouse because I like racing some and the drama at Bowman-Gray Stadium is awesome. I'm sure there are some other here and there shows but those are pretty much the ones I can't live without.

black powder
02-23-2010, 06:48 PM
1.) 24
2.) the UNIT
3.) HEROES
4.) PRISON BREAK
5.) married with children!!!

BostonIrish
02-23-2010, 10:40 PM
1 - 24
2 - Lost
3 - Heroes
4 - Criminal Minds
5 - Two and a Half Men

Psalm
02-24-2010, 08:32 AM
1.) 24
2.) the UNIT
3.) HEROES
4.) PRISON BREAK
5.) married with children!!!
I Liked the Unit too...but, they cancelled it.

Borlaxx
02-24-2010, 08:44 AM
I Liked the Unit too...
;))

Psalm
02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I Liked the Unit too...
;))
:))
Freaks.....lol =))

snowman
02-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Sorry to spoil the mood but is anybody watching Celebrity Fit Club? I like watching all the celebs get yelled at by a DI. I think Harvey is awesome, except when he's nice. I'm jealous that a DI is nice to someone, they were never nice to me.

B___K___
02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
One of the channels here shows two episodes "The Unit" once a week from 9-11pm, and I catch it sometimes. I've seen every episode, but watching it again I realize what a GREAT show it was for the first two seasons. The last season wasn't as good.

1. The Unit
2. Lost
3. The Office
4. Family Guy
5. Oprah

Okay, I'm kidding about Oprah. ;) I don't watch much TV and couldn't come up with 5 shows. I catch "Lost" most weeks, and I'll be sure to watch it online if I miss it. I watch college hoops, college football, and NFL when I can. I used to watch The Unit religiously. I watch The Office and Family Guy when I happen upon them.

LandShark
02-25-2010, 04:18 PM
You guys need to get off of The Unit

Borlaxx
02-25-2010, 04:21 PM
You guys need to get off of The Unit
Thankfully, I was never on it #:-s

black powder
02-26-2010, 01:51 AM
i quit playin mwr just to watch 2 hrs of the unit re-runs...makes me want to play harder LOL it's all good

snowman
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
After hearing about this show "The Unit" I started asking around at work and several people loved it and said I would like it with my military background. I have been trying to find it online now for a week but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know where I can find it or watch it? Mind you I don't want to buy it, just watch it.

LandShark
03-08-2010, 04:57 PM
oh boy, cant resist...snow, there are tons of "UNIT" flicks on the internet. try and turn off parental controls.

snowman
03-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I should have seen that one coming.

johnboy
03-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok think I'll give it a go.

1 Fringe
2 Lie to me
3 Nearly anything to do with food.
4 Bones
5 Most stuff on Discovery Channel

Then sport.

kaiserzoze
03-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Current/Recent:
1. 24
2. House
3. Chuck
4. Hell's Kitchen
5. Mad Money

All time/Distant Past:
1. Band of Brothers
2. Rome
3. Space 1999
4. Battle of the Planets
5. Star Trek

I hope they keep the production quality as high on "The Pacific" as they did for "Band of Brothers".

iheartpain
03-22-2010, 10:04 AM

1 Fringe

:applause: :-bd

Trez
03-22-2010, 10:13 AM

1 Fringe

Looking for the return in just a few weeks. This one has gotten really really good!

johnboy
03-22-2010, 11:08 AM

1 Fringe

Looking for the return in just a few weeks. This one has gotten really really good!

What series are you guys on? We're back to series two after a break. Episode 13 on tomorrow night.

:cheers: :applause: :-bd

iheartpain
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
What series are you guys on? We're back to series two after a break. Episode 13 on tomorrow night.

:cheers: :applause: :-bd

Season 2 as well, except we have been sitting on our break from episode 15 for a looooong time. We still have a couple more weeks.... *sigh*....

I think this will pick up fans once LOST is finished ( :( ) <---that was for you, B :))

Borlaxx
03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I think this will pick up fans once LOST is finished ( :( ) <---that was for you, B :))
:-"

Major Stains
03-26-2010, 07:45 PM
It feels like I am taking on too many series at the moment! (TV/Boxsets).
Enjoying MWR far too much.

But I am watching...

1. Wonders of the Solar System
2. Heroes
3. Flash Forward
4. Lost (still catching up)
5. Family Guy

No time for films. Boo!

killerjaxx
03-27-2010, 10:43 AM
1:heroes
2:true blood
3:two and a half men
4:smallville
5:stargate sg1/atlantis (not universe that sucked)

snowman
03-29-2010, 12:12 PM
My wife and I just started watching true blood from netflixs. It's okay so far (only watched two episodes). Lots of boobies :D

johnboy
03-30-2010, 03:18 AM
i've posted my fav's already but just wanted to say that Big Bang Theory has been excellent this season.. lots of funny moments!!! :cheers:

I think its hilarious!

=T4NUKI=
04-30-2010, 12:07 PM
All right, here we go...

1- Bottom (the Brits out there know this stuff !)
2-Seinfeld
3-Tim and Eric awesome show, great job !
4-Diners, drive-ins and dives
5-almost any WW2 stuff on the military channel !

TrojanTeacher
04-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Theses are my 5...

1. Supernatural
2. Chuck
3. Lost
4. Mad Men
5. Family Guy

--Teach

=T4NUKI=
05-20-2010, 11:39 AM
lately, my wife bought the"Gilmore Girls" box set...at first I didnt paid much attention...but after watching a couple episodes with her, I realised that it was very well written, and for a chick serie, it was pretty good ! I'm actually enjoying watching that !
Anyone else has got to like one of their wife's tv show ?

SlapLaB
05-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Top 5
- the Inbetweeners (funniest show ever)
- Big Band Theory
- Simpsons
- Futurama
- Life / Planet Earth...

As you see when it comes to TV I have a very short memory so anything which has a story going over several episodes I cannot watch ;)

Borlaxx
05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
A show that I have really been getting into and would now be in my top 5 is Deadliest Warrior (http://www.spike.com/show/31082?sicontent=0&sicreative=5416733205&siclientid=2389&sitrackingid=71564634&refsite=7190&cmpnid=865&pt=pr&lkdes=NET_spike)

It is an awesome show in Spike TV that compares the weapons and tactics used by two famous fighters, types of fighters or ancient civilizations that never met in real life against each other and then they run a complex computer matrix to see which side would come out victorious. You get to see what the weapons would really do to a human body as they have experts is those particular weapons test them out on realistic dummies made to simulate real human flesh and even the occasional animal carcass, and the results can be pretty gory. When they have the results of who would win they don't simply tell you but instead present a fictional encounter between the two sides using real actors with one side emerging victorious. Last week it was the Nazi SS versus the Viet Cong, and after playing W@W for months it was crazy to see what a real bouncing betty would do to a group of soldiers!

New episodes premier every Tuesday at 10:00. All episodes that are older than two weeks are available in the entirety on the website, so I will not spoil who wins each encounter, but a list of some of the match-ups is as follows:

Season 1

Episode 1: Apache vs Gladiator
Episode 2: Viking vs Samurai
Episode 3: Spartan vs Ninja
Episode 4: Pirate vs Knight
Episode 5: Yakuza vs Mafia
Episode 6: Green Beret vs Spetsnaz
Episode 7: Shaolin Monk vs M?ori Warrior
Episode 8: William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu <-----My fav so far
Episode 9: IRA vs Taliban

Season 2

Episode 10: SWAT vs. GSG9
Episode 11: Attila the Hun vs. Alexander the Great
Episode 12: Jesse James vs. Al Capone
Episode 13: Aztec Jaguar vs. Zande Warrior
Episode 14: Nazi Waffen-SS vs. Viet Cong

Upcoming Episodes

Episode 15: Roman Centurion vs. Rajput Warrior
Episode 16: Somali Pirates vs. Medellin Cartel
Episode 17: Persian Immortal vs. Celt
Episode 18: KGB vs. CIA
Episode 19: Vlad The Impaler vs. Sun Tzu
Episode 20: Ming Warrior vs. Musketeer
Episode 21: Comanche vs. Mongol
Episode 22: Navy Seals vs. Israeli Commando

RATA MUERTA
05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Theses are my 5...

1. Supernatural
2. Chuck
3. Lost
4. Mad Men
5. Family Guy

--Teach
Ahhh I LOVE Supernatural!! Have you been watching from the beginning? Definitely one of my favorite shows!

Retro
05-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh top favourites are hard to pick!

In no particular order:

Lost
Jericho
Tour of Duty
WKRP
House
X-Files
Magnum PI

That's 7 but I don't play by the rules!

=T4NUKI=
05-21-2010, 10:38 AM
A show that I have really been getting into and would now be in my top 5 is Deadliest Warrior (http://www.spike.com/show/31082?sicontent=0&sicreative=5416733205&siclientid=2389&sitrackingid=71564634&refsite=7190&cmpnid=865&pt=pr&lkdes=NET_spike)

I know !!! This show rocks !

It started a huge argument at my fencing club, we and some girls from the Kendo club nearby, started doing a little Deadliest Warrior list of who would kick who's butt...
It's a great show, and I must admit I got Spike just for that ! Should be fun to do an MP show of our own..."Deadliest MPs" "This week, the mighty Spam-Mankini-king Borlax takes on the cold-blooded, chirugically precise, man-o-war, Trez..." :))
Wouldnt that be cool !

T4
=))

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Should be fun to do an MP show of our own..."Deadliest MPs" "This week, the mighty Spam-Mankini-king Borlax takes on the cold-blooded, chirugically precise, man-o-war, Trez..." :))
Wouldnt that be cool !

T4
=))
Mustache armor will beat emo glasses FTW!!!!!!

MoreCowBell87
05-23-2010, 07:26 AM
King of Queens (I have all 9 seasons on DVD haha)
Seinfeld (I have seasons 1-5)
Lost (I truly am lost)
Rules of Engagement
The Office (even though this new season sucks)

I don't have cable so when we were forced to switch over to digital we lost 3 channels so we now only have 3 channle so we can't watch lost anymore :(.

austin
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
The Sopranos
Shameless (C4 UK)
Lost
Top Gear
Big Bang Theory

If it was top 7, then I'd add Dragon's Den (UK) and Two and a Half Men

MoreCowBell87
05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
The Sopranos
Shameless (C4 UK)
Lost
Top Gear
Big Bang Theory

If it was top 7, then I'd add Dragon's Den (UK) and Two and a Half Men

Dude! Sopranos FTW!

Whats Top Gear? similar to Top Gun? haha Big Bang is great! and 2 1/2 men is played out was so funny in the first few seasons.

austin
05-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Whats Top Gear? similar to Top Gun? haha

Top Gear is produced by the BBC - supposedly a car review programme, mostly tongue in cheek, where the French are referred to as 'the cheese eating surrender monkeys' and Americans are the 'colonials' . One of the best Top Gear challenges is here - Alabama dont be offended, they could have carried out the same stunt in any part of the world.

The most controversial section;
[yt:1xjd8daz]mWHeF0W-l0I[/yt:1xjd8daz]

Part 1 of 7 - The complete USA challenge is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yWls6F ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yWls6FfNA&feature=related)

RATA MUERTA
05-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Whats Top Gear? similar to Top Gun? haha

Top Gear is produced by the BBC - supposedly a car review programme, mostly tongue in cheek, where the French are referred to as 'the cheese eating surrender monkeys' and Americans are the 'colonials' . One of the best Top Gear challenges is here - Alabama dont be offended, they could have carried out the same stunt in any part of the world.

HAHAHA! They can be brutal!!!! It is still hilarious though I used to watch the show all the time, I remember hearing that there is a 20 year wait to be in the audience, crazy!! I liked the show where they tried to get across London by bike, boat, and car (did they do Metro too?), they always have great show ideas!

johnboy
05-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah Ra the Stig went by train. They also drove to the North Pole in one of the specials. Well Hamster went by sled and Jezza and captain slow went by Toyota HiLux, whilst drinking gin and tonics.

bostonjen28
06-29-2010, 05:54 AM
I dont think I can only list 5.. lol...
But here goes..

(in no particular order)
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Tosh.o
Boston Med
King of Queens
Wipeout
American Pickers
and ANY and EVERY show on the food network.. I could watch that channel all day!

(ok, so there's way more than 5. sorry!)

johnboy
06-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Food programmes, FTW! We now get Food Network over here in the UK, but we also have a channel called Good Food. I watch both of them plus most other cookery shows on ay other channels.

bostonjen28
06-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh I do not know how I would live without Food Network.. I am a food LOVER... We have a favorite restaurant up in Maine, and during the spring and summer months, when Joe and I get cravings for it, we will drive the 2 hours just to go up for lunch.. lol...

Kitchen Nightmares is also a good show.. though watching it makes me never want to go "out" to eat again! :))

oscarthegrouch71
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Could only manage to narrow it down to top 6..... dont tell anyone.... :-$

1. Blackadder
2. Married With Children
3. The Inbetweeners
4. Two and a Half Men
5. Lost
6. 3rd Rock From the Sun

MoreCowBell87
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I have new favorites

1. Curb your Enthusiasm
2. Criminal Minds
3. Trigger Happy T.V.
4. Lost
5. Big Bang Theory

Also,
oscarthegrouch71 I like your avatar

=T4NUKI=
10-25-2010, 05:53 PM
MMmmm... let's see....
1.Mythbusters
2.Mad Men
3.Tim and Eric awesome show, great job
4. flight of the conchords
5.Bottom

Tembis
10-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Survivor
Two and a half Men
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Football

Raider
10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Top Gear
Family Guy
Sparticus: Blood and Sand
Hawaii 5-0
and I don't know about a fifth, after those 4, they are all equal.

=T4NUKI=
10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Oh I forgot Diners,Drive-ins and Dives on Food network.....that tv show makes me hungry every time !

Retro
10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Oh I forgot Diners,Drive-ins and Dives on Food network.....that tv show makes me hungry every time !
Oh man that is the only "food" show I will watch. Love that show!

murphygoodie
10-26-2010, 03:22 AM
smallville
sons of anarchy
fringe
house
top gear
as well as all of disney ie..hana,witchs of waverly place,i carly, and anything else my daughters want to watch :(( :cuss:

ScoobySnacks
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Have to update my entries on this list from 2 years ago - now that I have premium cable again. There's just not many shows I like on network TV anymore. Lost ended, Terra Nova is probably cancelled, and lost interest in House and Fringe.

1. Shameless (Showtime) - "new favorite"
2. Walking Dead (AMC)
3. House of Lies (Showtime)
4. Spartacus (Starz)
5. just about anything on SyFy or The History Channel

mechatool
02-27-2012, 10:15 AM
The Walking Dead
Fringe
Through the Wormhole
Any UFC events
Most of the programing from the Sci, Discovery, or HIstory channels.

I don't have HBO, but I know the new season of East Bound and Down is out. Kenny Powers is so funny. :cheers:

johnnyh1976
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
1.Dexter(Showtime)
2.Kenny Vs. Spenny (simply the best Canadian TV since The Kids in the Hall)...if anyone has not watched these two guys, I highly reccomend. Two best friends in a contest every week the loser suffers a humiliation....Kenny always tries to outwit and "cheat" to win.
3. an oldie but goodie...The X Files
4. Fringe
5. Californication(Showtime)

There are other shows that I watch with my wife that I enjoy...House, Criminal Minds and recently we got hooked on the Storage Wars series. I've also started watching Breaking Bad via netflix. Pretty cool show. Also through HBO the Bored to Death series.

Madlob75
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
1. Family Guy
2. Seinfeld
3. Big Bang Theory
4. Futurama
5. Falling Skies (Not sure why this held my attention, but I'm looking forward to the second season.)
Alt #1 - I REALLY liked the re-do of BattleStar Galactica. I watched the whole thing on Netflix and had many "one more episode" up all nighters.
Alt #2 - Anything on the Science Channel

johnnyh1976
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
1. Family Guy
2. Seinfeld
3. Big Bang Theory
4. Futurama
5. Falling Skies (Not sure why this held my attention, but I'm looking forward to the second season.)
Alt #1 - I REALLY liked the re-do of BattleStar Galactica. I watched the whole thing on Netflix and had many "one more episode" up all nighters.

I totally forgot about Seinfeld. My wife got us tickets to see his show next month. I am so stoked.

mechatool
03-08-2012, 04:07 PM
1. Family Guy
2. Seinfeld
3. Big Bang Theory
4. Futurama

I totally forgot about Seinfeld. My wife got us tickets to see his show next month. I am so stoked.
My wife got us tickets a few years back to see his stand up and It was a great show. :cheers:

MoreCowBell87
03-08-2012, 05:01 PM
1. Seinfeld
2. King of Queens
3. Game of Thrones
4. Friday Night Light
5. Family Guy

Badgerute
03-08-2012, 05:02 PM
1. seinfeld
2. lost
3. family guy
4. bev hills 90210
5. star trek next generation

MoreCowBell87
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Seinfeld and Family Guy seem to be the big winners here.

Major Stains
03-08-2012, 06:01 PM
1. Family Guy
2. Family Guy
3. Family Guy
4. Family Guy
5. Family Guy

This is not only a reflection on how much I love the show, but also on how terrible British tv is at the moment.
Ok there's some good science/ nature documentaries on BBC HD, and I love my weekly fix of Zooey when the wife watches New Girl. But apart from that, I really miss the good ol' US imports la - Lost, Heros, Band of Brothers.
Seinfeld re-runs are all time, and I like a bit of Scrubs, My Name is Earl, and I did enjoy Reaper till they pulled it.

It also explains why I just game and watch movies, as the tv is generally pants here.

=T4NUKI=
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Seinfeld....... boy do I miss that show....!!! I gotta get myself the boxset !

MoreCowBell87
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM

Theres a music store around here, Bull N Moose and they sell used st series. I picked up the first 5 seasons on dvd for about $8 each

Retro
03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
1. Family Guy
2. Family Guy
3. Family Guy
4. Family Guy
5. Family Guy

This is not only a reflection on how much I love the show, but also on how terrible British tv is at the moment.
Ok there's some good science/ nature documentaries on BBC HD, and I love my weekly fix of Zooey when the wife watches New Girl. But apart from that, I really miss the good ol' US imports la - Lost, Heros, Band of Brothers.
Seinfeld re-runs are all time, and I like a bit of Scrubs, My Name is Earl, and I did enjoy Reaper till they pulled it.

It also explains why I just game and watch movies, as the tv is generally pants here.
Terrible British TV??? Top Gear alone is all you need! Misfits and The Fades are good too.

=T4NUKI=
03-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey dont forget Bottom and the Young ones !!

SouthtownSlayer
03-09-2012, 07:08 AM

"No Soup for Joo"!!!!

Major Stains
03-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Terrible British TV??? Top Gear alone is all you need!

I know we've thrown out some gems over the years. It's just the scheduling is shot here.
You sit down on a Friday night with the Mrs after a hard weeks work, and there's nothing on until Sunday night X(
It just means we have to talk to each other then :p

And this is just for you Retro, you must be a fan judging from your sig...
[yt:1re9td0s]MT52HhtJ6kU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/yt:1re9td0s]

Every sinle Blackadder was classic. And T4 your right, the Young Ones and Bottom were genius. Along with anything by the Monty Python crew, and going back further to the Goon Show. All brilliant groundbreaking comedy.

ScoobySnacks
03-09-2012, 04:38 PM

@T4 - Is this the same Young Ones that was on MTV back in the late 80's early '90s? Vivian, Neil, Rick and Mike? I loved that show but haven't seen it in about 15 years - yes I'm old.

@ Stains - Family guy is hilarious. I'll always stop and watch if I come across it while flipping through the channels.

And Monty Python is classic (spam, spam, egg, and spam), but I like their movies much more than the show - Holy Grail is one of my alltime favorites.

CELockwood
03-09-2012, 05:01 PM

@T4 - Is this the same Young Ones that was on MTV back in the late 80's early '90s? Vivian, Neil, Rick and Mike? I loved that show but haven't seen it in about 15 years - yes I'm old.

@ Stains - Family guy is hilarious. I'll always stop and watch if I come across it while flipping through the channels.

And Monty Python is classic (spam, spam, egg, and spam), but I like their movies much more than the show - Holy Grail is one of my alltime favorites.

+1

My boys and I were having a bachelor night a few weeks ago and decided to watch a movie. They actually requested the Holy Grailm (they had seen parts, but not the whole thing).

=T4NUKI=
03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
[yt:ovz46pw0]v/qF-YyEtE2vk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/yt:ovz46pw0]

=))

ScoobySnacks
06-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Have to update my entries on this list from 2 years ago - now that I have premium cable again. There's just not many shows I like on network TV anymore. Lost ended, Terra Nova is probably cancelled, and lost interest in House and Fringe.

1. Shameless (Showtime) - "new favorite"
2. Walking Dead (AMC)
3. House of Lies (Showtime)
4. Spartacus (Starz)
5. just about anything on SyFy or The History Channel

Now adding Game of Thrones to that list