PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 5, or 10, or 25 Music Albums

Trez
10-14-2009, 10:59 PM
In no particular order
1) Millions Now Living Will Never Die (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:gzfwxqlhld6e) - Tortoise
2) Deloused in the Comatorium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloused_in_the_comatorium) - The Mars Volta
3) Mirrored (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirrored_(album)) - Battles
4) Kid A (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_A) - Radiohead
5) Ágeatis Byrjun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaetis_Byrjun) - Sigur Rós 

StrawHousePig
10-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
NoMeansNo - Small Parts Isolated And Destroyed
Fugazi - Repeater
Bad Brains - Bad Brains
Destruction - Eternal Devastation

OldGregg
10-15-2009, 12:07 AM
This is another one that is way too hard to narrow down so I had to go to 10. 10 minutes from now I would probably include different ones.

In no particular order...
1. Deftones - Deftones
2. Snot - Get Some
3. Faith No More - Angel Dust
4. A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
5. Incubus - Morning View
6. Tech N9ne - Killer
7. Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese.
8. Taproot - Welcome
9. Tool - Aenema
10. Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire

brainburns
10-15-2009, 07:52 AM
1. Soundgarden-Badmotorfinger
2. Faith No More-The Real Thing
3. Clutch-From Beale Street To Oblivion
4. Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dream or Gish
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers-Blood Sugar Sex Magic
6. Nine Inch Nails-Pretty Hate Machine
7. Alice In Chains-Facelift
8. Jane's Addiction-Nothing's Shocking
9. Metallica-Master of Puppets
10. Temple of The Dog

Wow, I guess I'm stuck in the late 80's early 90's. I need to broaden my horizons. This is just a quick look at my ipod, I have many more favs.

Sorry Trez, I know you said 5, but I could barely do 10.

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Okay, I don't think I can even limit it to ten. I love all these albums, and no, they are not all metal :p Here they are by catagory and in alpha order from my iPod.

Metal
1) Fear Factory - Obsolete
2) Hatebreed - The Rise of Brutality
3) Horse the Band - A Natural Death
4) Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
5) Mastodon - Crack the Skye
6) Megadeth - Peace Sells...but Who's Buying?
7) Metallica - Master of Puppets
8) Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
9) Slayer - Reign in Blood
10) Trivium - Shogan

Hip-Hop/Rap
1) Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
2) Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun
3) Busta Rhymes - When Disaster Strikes
4) Del the Funkee Homosapien - Deltron 3030
5) Kottonmouth Kings - Rollin Stoned

Other
1) The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
2) The Bloodhound Gang - Hooray for Boobies
3) The Cure - Head on the Door
4) Humble Gods - No Heroes (Otter, you may actually like this one ;) )
5) John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band
6) KMFDM - Angst
7) Lords of Acid - Voodoo-U
8) Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
9) Reel Big Fish - Turn the Radio Off
10) Sublime - 40 oz. to Freedom

Trez
10-15-2009, 09:41 AM
This is another one that is way too hard to narrow down so I had to go to 10.

I know you said 5, but I could barely do 10.

Okay, I don't think I can even limit it to ten.

I edited the title accordingly. :-w

In all honesty, I hastily put this together from albums that popped into my head first.
I have all intentions of adding more too. ;)

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, I posted 25. LOL!

iheartpain
10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
I edited the title accordingly. :-w

In all honesty, I hastily put this together from albums that popped into my head first.
I have all intentions of adding more too. ;)

lol Nice thread Trez---bue maybe we should keep it to 25, TOPS. This could be an endless thread! ;)

The list of what I like is pretty dynamic, but here it goes, in no particular order of preference:
(I know a couple aren't albums, but they are not really my main genres, and I usually listen to random selections from their collective works.)

1) De Stijl - The White Stripes
2) Sublime - Sublime
3) Nimrod - Green Day
4) Magic Potion - The Black Keys
5) Waste of Mind - Zebrahead
6) Ixnay On the Hombre - The Offspring
7) Elegantly Wasted - INXS
8) Razorblade Suitcase - Bush
9) Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
10) Nevermind - Nirvana
11) Sinatra/Dean Martin
12) Horse of a Different Color - Big & Rich
13) Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - The Smashing Pumpkins
14) Green Album - Weezer
15) Yo-Yo Ma

DB4
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides probably my favorite album. period.
Outkast - Aquemini Outkast begins to transform and re-invent themselves as artists...
Zion I - Mind Over Matter This album is smooth and easy listening, nice production. I've never heard another album sound like this, not even any of their other albums.
2Pac - All Eyez On Me an obvious choice
Brotha Lynch Hung - Season of da Siccness can't say I am really into this type of music anymore, but if you can get past the horrorcore lyrics and pay attention to the production and Lynch's delivery of his lyrics, this album is nothing short of amazing
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders I could have chosen any one of their albums.
Michael Jackson - Thriller / Thriller 25th Anniversay duh! hard to not include the number 1 selling album of all time

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Good pic on outkast DB4. That album, stankonia and ATLians are classics. I liked speakerboxx but the love below sucked (what the hell is wrong with andre?) and andre's continued craziness ruined idlewild IMO. Used to be that Big Boi's and Andre's different styles made a creative blend that was awesome, but I honestly think andre is leading them off course. I can understand the desire to be creative, but the music he is making now isn't even hip-hop....and it also isn't good.

If u like horrorcore are u familiar with grave diggas and flatliners?

DB4
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Good pic on outkast DB4. That album, stankonia and ATLians are classics. I liked speakerboxx but the love below sucked (what the hell is wrong with andre?) and andre's continued craziness ruined idlewild IMO. Used to be that Big Boi's and Andre's different styles made a creative blend that was awesome, but I honestly think andre is leading them off course. I can understand the desire to be creative, but the music he is making now isn't even hip-hop....and it also isn't good.

If u like horrorcore are u familiar with grave diggas and flatliners?

i agree with you on your take on Outkast as a group. You hit it dead on. I never really got into horrorcore. Brotha Lynch Hung is from Sacramento, so he is really popular around here. That is how I picked up listening to his albums, but really nothing else in the horrorcore genre. I know of the Gravediggas because I was really into Wu-Tang in the late 90s, and of course RZA is one of their members. But I pretty much kept my ears tuned to the Wu. I think RZAs solo albums were dope though; I really liked Bobby Digital.

*edit* THIS IS MY 500TH POST! :party: officially a general. now what? prestige? lol

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I know of the Gravediggas because I was really into Wu-Tang in the late 90s, and of course RZA is one of their members. But I pretty much kept my ears tuned to the Wu. I think RZAs solo albums were dope though; I really liked Bobby Digital.
Wu-Tang! Their first album, 36 Chambers, is a bare bones hip-hop masterpiece, and many of the solo albums are great. RZA is my fav Wu member (followed closely by GZA and Method Man before he got too stoned with Redman). Bobby Digital is f/n awesome! The production on that album is epic, and his flows are amazing. I remember there being an add in the liner for BD for another RZA album called The Cure that was suppose to be coming out soon thereafter but got indefinately delayed. Do you know if that ever came out? Also, did you hear RZA's track on the Bullworth soundtrack called The Chase. I think it is one of his best and I don't think it is on any other album. In fact, most of that soundtrack is great, with a couple exceptions (Eve), and it even has a track from Black Eyes Peas when they were actually a great hip-hop group a la A Tribe Called Quest as opposed to the horrible pop psuedo-rap Fergie vehicle that they have become.

Hey DB4, we are having a convo about hip-hop on the MP site! Never thought I would see the day :))

DB4
10-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Wu-Tang! Their first album, 36 Chambers, is a bare bones hip-hop masterpiece, and many of the solo albums are great. RZA is my fav Wu member (followed closely by GZA and Method Man before he got too stoned with Redman). Bobby Digital is f/n awesome! The production on that album is epic, and his flows are amazing. I remember there being an add in the liner for BD for another RZA album called The Cure that was suppose to be coming out soon thereafter but got indefinately delayed. Do you know if that ever came out? Also, did you hear RZA's track on the Bullworth soundtrack called The Chase. I think it is one of his best and I don't think it is on any other album. In fact, most of that soundtrack is great, with a couple exceptions (Eve), and it even has a track from Black Eyes Peas when they were actually a great hip-hop group a la A Tribe Called Quest as opposed to the horrible pop psuedo-rap Fergie vehicle that they have become.

Hey DB4, we are having a convo about hip-hop on the MP site! Never thought I would see the day :))

Hard to believe I didn't add the Wu to my list. I loved all of their albums. Actually I think Ghostface Killah's Ironman was the best solo project.

Bulworth soundtrack was very good too. forgot about that one, I haven't listened to it in quite some time. Fugees The Score is on the short list.

I think my favorite RZA track has to "Tragedy"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE3hb__ylG4, but their is also a track on the Handsome Boy Modeling School album White People called "A Day in the Life" that features RZA that is awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-i6tnkxWX0. Speaking of Handsome Boy, on that Album their is a song "Rock and Roll (Could Never Hip Hop like this) Part 2" that is ridiculous... you can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X7Hoqzr9CI t's a combination of hip hop, classical, alternative rock... the song actually evolves as it progresses. it's pretty crazy.

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 01:15 PM
HBMS, a friend of mine had a couple of their cds. From what I remeber they are basically a DJ supergroup. Is dan the automator part of it? I am pretty sure Del did a track with them. R u a del fan? I think he is possibly the best mc there is. The album he did with dan the automator called Delton 3030 is an epic hip-hop concept album, and u prob have at least heard the song Positive Contact from that CD. Del is underground, but he did get some exposure from being the MC on the hit by the Gorillaz called "clint eastwood" that I am sure most have heard as it was a huge hit, but he wasn't credited on the video or when the song was on heavy radio rotation.

DB4
10-15-2009, 01:21 PM
HBMS, a friend of mine had a couple of their cds. From what I remeber they are basically a DJ supergroup. Is dan the automator part of it? I am pretty sure Del did a track with them. R u a del fan? I think he is possibly the best mc there is. The album he did with dan the automator called Delton 3030 is an epic hip-hop concept album, and u prob have at least heard the song Positive Contact from that CD. Del is underground, but he did get some exposure from being the MC on the hit by the Gorillaz called "clint eastwood" that I am sure most have heard as it was a huge hit, but he wasn't credited on the video or when the song was on heavy radio rotation.

HBMS are compilation albums produced by Dan the Automator and Prince Paul. I have Deltron 3030, and yes, Positive Contact is the shiznit. As far as hip-hop/rap is concerned, I have over 200 albums. I have sampled many different genres and have various albums in the different genres. My collection is extensive as a whole, but lacks depth in certain areas. I stopped collecting albums about 6 years ago :-(

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Cool. U might like brother ali. He is awesome.

Also, trez, I am on my blackberry, but when I get a chance later I will try to remember to split me and DB4's convo and merge it into the music thread as we have taken this thread off topic....as usual.

ScoobySnacks
10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
1. Ozzy Osbourne - "Diary of a Madman"
2. Metallica - "Master of Puppets"
3. Smashing Pumpkins - "Siamese Dream"
4. Iron Maiden - "Number of the Beast"
5. AC/DC - "Back in Black"
6. Rush - "Moving Pictures"

It was really hard to only list top 5 - there are about 5 more that could slip into there, depending on what mood I'm in.

Borlaxx
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
there are about 5 more that could slip into there, depending on what mood I'm in.
What mood would that be? And what 5 things, are where are you planning on sliping them? Does Daddio know? :spank:

Daddio
10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
there are about 5 more that could slip into there, depending on what mood I'm in.
What mood would that be? And what 5 things, are where are you planning on sliping them? Does Daddio know? :spank:

Borlax you little :devil: ! I see some TKing on the horizon..... =))

Psalm
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I will try for the top 10. As stated with others no particular order
This is a mix of old and new....I would like to think of it as "what would I take on a desserted Island".

Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
Rush- 2112
Emery- The Weaks End
Metallica- Master of Puppets
Pantera- Far Beyond Driven
Dio - Holy Diver
UnderOath- They're only chasing safety
Coheed and Cambria - Second Stage Turbine Blade
Radiohead- Pablo Honey
Becoming The Archetype- Dichotomy

Daddio
10-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Alright you all are mush more up on all the hip shit so lets see what I got

1)Aerosmith -Rocks This was my first bother gave it to me listen to from Cali to Jersey roadtrip on the way to England 1978
2)Judas Priest-Unleashed In The East Carried boom box all over England blasting the Green Manleshie (sp) 1980
3)Ted Nugent-Free For All Saw him twice at the Hammersmith London WOW what a trip mannn! 1980's
4)AC/DC-Highway To Hell F$cking pissed me off Bon Scott should have been the first concert B4 he died. Thin Lizzy was firdst at Rainbow theater London. Saw Back in Black tour twice. Once at Hammersmith and Mosyeers Of Rock Donnington 1980's
5)Led Zepp- IV Had the chance to see Zep b4 John die at Knebworth 1980's

StrawHousePig
10-16-2009, 12:32 AM
2)Judas Priest-Unleashed In The East
This one would probably make my top 10. Every song is killer.

vanilla
10-16-2009, 03:12 PM
1) U2 -> The Best of...
2) Smashing Pumpkins -> Siamese Dream
3) Third Eye Blind -> (Self Titled)
4) Blink 182 -> Enema of the State
5) The Clarks (Pittsburgh Band) -> The Best of...

Psalm
10-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Man, I forgot to add one of my fave CD's...I have been listening to the last few days
As I Lay Dying - Shadows are Security

StrawHousePig
10-28-2009, 09:13 AM
The Best of...
That's cheating. :tongue: ;)

Few more for me;

The Hellworms [aka Victims Family] - Crowd Repellent
Iron Maiden - Killers
The Weird Lovemakers - Electric Chump [my first CD, and damn fine Pop Hardcore Punk]

Psalm
10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Iron Maiden - Killers
Man, that's a good disc as well!!

Borlaxx
10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Good call on the As I Lay Dying album Ed! That album is brutal! If anyone tells me christian metal bands are weak that is the cd I play to prove them wrong. I prefer that one over An Ocean Between Us, and their earlier stuff like A Long March is pretty good but likes the refinement of their later stuff. Did u see the episode of L.A. Ink where the lead singer of AILD got a tat of jesus rocking out with an electric guitar? AWESOME!!!! I assume u like August Burns Red as they are similar.

Psalm
10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Good call on the As I Lay Dying album Ed! That album is brutal! If anyone tells me christian metal bands are weak that is the cd I play to prove them wrong. I prefer that one over An Ocean Between Us, and their earlier stuff like A Long March is pretty good but likes the refinement of their later stuff. Did u see the episode of L.A. Ink where the lead singer of AILD got a tat of jesus rocking out with an electric guitar? AWESOME!!!! I assume u like August Burns Red as they are similar.
Yeah, I like ABR...not as good as AILD. I would love to see them in concert. I did see that episode of LA Ink....pretty funny.

OldGregg
10-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Havent heard of August Burns Red but I did see AILD a couple years ago and it was a pretty intense show. I can only listen to them for so long. Not that they are bad at what they do, because they are definitely badass, but it's the predictable metalcore song structure they don't stray from often enough that I get burned out on. Yes, I have been accused of being a music snob by everyone I know.

Psalm
10-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Havent heard of August Burns Red but I did see AILD a couple years ago and it was a pretty intense show. I can only listen to them for so long. Not that they are bad at what they do, because they are definitely badass, but it's the predictable metalcore song structure they don't stray from often enough that I get burned out on. Yes, I have been accused of being a music snob by everyone I know.
yeah, I can listen to metalcore for so long....I hear ya

Borlaxx
10-29-2009, 07:03 AM
yeah, I can listen to metalcore for so long....I hear ya
I agree. I love metal core, but some bands like AILD have too many songs that sound the same. That is why I like Shadows Fall so much. The have metalcore aspects to their music, but the healthy dose of trash and the varying song structures make them much more dynamic then most metalcore bands.

Psalm
10-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I have heard a few Shadows Fall songs....sounds like I need to hear some more.

Borlaxx
10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Psalm, I have everything they have ever recorded with the exception of their first EP which had a different vocalist (who is actually the current vocalist of All That Remains). Send me a PM and perhaps we can work something out ;)

BTW, that wink means the possibility of being less than legal, not that I am requiring sexual favors.

RATA MUERTA
10-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Ok I have different music taste then most people here and I had tried to type the albums that I like to no avail. ( it takes FOVEVER) So I am settling for a list of the top artists that I love because I can't pick which albums I like more then others.
1. Estopa
2. Manu Chao
3. Jarabe de Palo
4. Pignoise
5. Macaco
:cheers: :cheers:

Trez
11-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I need to add an album to my list, Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights.

Borlaxx
11-08-2009, 06:28 PM
I also need to add:

Horse the Band - Desperate Living :-bd \m/

Trez
11-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I also need to add:

That reminds me I need to add that one too...
to my iTunes that is. ;)

Borlaxx
11-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I also need to add:

to my iTunes that is. ;)
So I am assuming you haven't listened to it then :-w

Trez
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I also need to add:

to my iTunes that is. ;)
So I am assuming you haven't listened to it then :-w
That's a joke right?
You sat on that first batch of music from me for months!

In all honesty I added it last week and should have listened this weekend. I will tomorrow, promise. ;;)

Borlaxx
11-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Well I hold you to a higher level than I do myself, and if WWBD is your standard then u need to aim higher :P

Trez
11-09-2009, 09:15 PM
You should be proud of me Borlax, http://www.last.fm/user/Post-Rocker!

Borlaxx
11-09-2009, 10:26 PM
You should be proud of me Borlax, http://www.last.fm/user/Post-Rocker!
Sweet. Saw you loved the desperate living track. How did you like the album overall?

iheartpain
11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Not a top album, but was using Last.FM today, and this is what popped up in my player. Lol that isn't Ozzy!

StrawHousePig
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Ni Hao! - Gorgeous is a recent one I love.

=T4NUKI=
04-30-2010, 07:42 PM
In no particular order...here we go:
1- Ramones- Ramones
2- Somewhere between heaven and hell- Social Distortion
3-Surfer Rosa- Pixies
4-Legacy of brutality- the Misfits
5-World is yours- Mass of the fermenting dregs (Awesome Japanes band!)
6-Who's next- the Who
7-Loco Live- Ramones
8-Dirty- Sonic Youth
9-Greatest hits- The Red Army Choir
10-Ace of spades-Motorhead
11-Rancid (black)-Rancid
12-Weezer (blue)-Weezer
13-Powerslave- Iron Maiden
14-The Donnas- The Donnas
15-Never mind the bollocks- Sex Pistols
16-Feeding of the 5000- Crass
17-Sergeant Pepper-Beatles
18-In god we trust inc.- Dead Kennedys
19-Bossanova- Pixies
20-Pet Sounds- The Beach Boys
21-Psycho Candy- Jesus and Mary Chain
22-Automatic- Jesus and Mary chain
23-London Calling - The Clash
24-The Clash (UK)- The Clash
25-Weld (1 and 2)- Neil Young and Crazy Horse

Lumchan
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Lot's of great stuff there T4!

That Pixies album is one of my favorites as well.

=T4NUKI=
05-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Lot's of great stuff there T4!

That Pixies album is one of my favorites as well.

I am a HUGE Pixies fan.... Last fall, the wife and I travelled down to Boston to see them at the Wang theater for the Dolittle tour....AWESOME !!
As for my big list, I am glad you like it, I might pick a different line-up every month ! Those are favorites of the moment ! Who knows, next month I'll be back to the sounds of 50's and 60's British invasion stuff !

Retro
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
In no particular order:

Boston - Boston
O.A.R. - Live From Madison Square Garden
Def Leppard - RetroActive
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Angels & Airwaves - We Don't Need To Whisper
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Rush - 2112
Rush - A Farewell To Kings
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin I
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Couldn't Stand The Weather
The Eric Gales Band - The Eric Gales Band
Van Halen - Van Halen I

Too many to list!

CB-40
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Nice list retro! It's like you've raided half of my catalog...

johnboy
05-18-2010, 05:58 AM
In order that they came out

Experience
Music for the Jilted Generation
Fat of the Land
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
Invaders Must Die

All by The Prodigy. My fav group and my Top 5 Albums.

I also have Their Law - the singles 1990 - 2005 (best of album). @ one point I did have all the singles they had brought out, as well as some limited editions I had imported form the U.S

Retro
05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
That list changes on a daily basis depending on my mood!

=T4NUKI=
11-03-2010, 03:00 PM
right now it's...
-Les Wampas vous aiment... (Les Wampas)
-Rocket to Russia (Ramones)
-Who's Next (the Who)
-Applause,hiss, boo, cheers (Land of Talk)
-Against the Grain (Bad Religion)
-Nouvelle Vague (Nouvelle Vague)
-Never mind the Bollocks (Sex Pistols)
-Raw Power (Iggy and the Stooges)
-Greatest Hits (Red Army Choir)
-Weld (Neil Young & Crazy Horse)

Cataduanes
11-19-2010, 07:49 AM
25 off the top of my head and in no particular order....

Astro-Creep: 2000 - White Zombie
Dimension Hatross - Voivod
Hate Songs in E Minor - Fudgetunnel
Mer de Noms - A Perfect Circle
Nola - Down
Versus God - Dillinger Four
October Rust - Type O Negative
Beneath the Remains - Sepultura
Sacrament - Lamb of God
South of Heaven - Slayer
Spiral Shadow - Kylesa
Undertow - Tool
Creation, Sustenance, Destruction - 108
Relationship of Command - At the Drive-In
Repeater - Fugazi
Damaged - Black Flag
The Mind is a Terrible thing to taste- Ministry
Mutter - Rammstein
Facelift - Alice in Chains
Deliverance - Corrosion of Conformity
Blues for the Red Sun - Kyuss
Mother Lovebone - Mother Lovebone
Rated R -- Queens of the Stone Age
Maggotbrain - Funkadelic
The Wagon - Dinosaur Jnr

=T4NUKI=
11-19-2010, 07:03 PM
-Mind is a terrible thing to taste !!!!!

What a blast from my teenager years !!! I remember getting stoned and listening to that particular album !!!! @-) @-) @-) @-)

xMisFitToyx
11-19-2010, 07:39 PM
-Mind is a terrible thing to taste !!!!!

What a blast from my teenager years !!! I remember getting stoned and listening to that particular album !!!! @-) @-) @-) @-)

You mean people actually threw rocks at you..............How horrible.......... =)) =)) =))

Cataduanes
11-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah that Ministry album is awesome, and yes I spent a chunk of my teens getting high to it :hug:

=T4NUKI=
11-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah that Ministry album is awesome, and yes I spent a chunk of my teens getting high to it :hug:
Have you listened to The Land of rape and honey's Flashback ??!! The final 30 seconds of that song was crazy !!!! (especially with headphones and drugs !) @-)

Cataduanes
11-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Have you listened to The Land of rape and honey's Flashback ??!! The final 30 seconds of that song was crazy !!!! (especially with headphones and drugs !) @-)
Yeah great LP, especially the title track.

Borlaxx
11-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Ministry = AWESOME!!!!!

"And there was only one thing I could do, which ding a ding dang my dang long ling long."

=T4NUKI=
11-22-2010, 04:26 PM
In no particular order

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Fear Factory - Digimortal
Deftones - Adrenaline
Metallica - Black Album
Rage Against the Machine - RATM
Reveille - Laced
Ill Nino - Revolution/Revolicion
Tool - Undertow
Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar
AC/DC - Back in Black
Clutch - Clutch
Hey Dre....
Nice to have you back !
:cheers:

oscarthegrouch71
11-24-2010, 05:07 AM
My taste in music is rather eclectic, maybe reflects my multiple personality :-"

Anyway, in no particular order:

AC/DC - Who Made Who
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
Green Day - Warning
Guns & Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Imelda May - Mayhem
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood
Masters of Reality - Deep In the Hole
Megadeth - So Far, So Good.....So What
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls
Nirvana - Nevermind
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
Pat Benatar - Crimes Of Passion
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Rammstein - Mutter
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks
Slayer - Reign In Blood
The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker
The Bloodhound Gang - Hooray for Boobies
The Prodigy - Fat of the Land
ZZ Top - Eliminator

ustolemygmrtag
11-24-2010, 08:28 AM
That list changes on a daily basis depending on my mood!
This.

Here is the top 25 albums of my Life's story.

1. Dokken - Tooth and Nail
2. Metallica - Master of Puppets
3. Megadeath - Countdown to Extinction
4. Pantera - Cowbows from Hell(I accually ran sound for them on this tour)
5. AC/DC - Back in black
6. Korn- ADDIDAS
7. Skillet - Awake and Alive
8. Garth Brooks - Double live
9. Easy E - Eazy-Dus-It
10. Creed - My Own Prison
11. Kansas - Point of no Return
12. Boston - Boston
13. STP - Core
14. Ozzy Ozborne - The Ultimate Sin or the RR tribute
15. The Bloodhound Gang - Huray of BOOBIES!!!!!!
16. Wasp - Animal(Fuck like a Beast)
17. Breaking Benjamin - Breath
18. Evanesense - Fallen
19. G n R - Appetite for Destruction
20. Theory of a DeadMan - Scars and Souvenirs
21. Cinderella - Night Songs
22. Linkon Park - Any will fit here
23. Quiet Riot - Mental Health
24. Sound Garder - Superunknown
25. Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses

I know my music tastes bounces all over the place, but music has been a huge part of my life.

Borlaxx
11-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Here is the top 25 albums of my Life's story.

2. Metallica - Master of Puppets
3. Megadeath - Countdown to Extinction
4. Pantera - Cowbows from Hell(I accually ran sound for them on this tour)
6. Korn- ADDIDAS
15. The Bloodhound Gang - Huray of BOOBIES!!!!!!
19. G n R - Appetite for Destruction
25. Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses.
These albums get heavy rotation on my iPod. R.I.P. Peter Steel.

Cataduanes
11-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah Pete Steele's passing is a great loss :(

Borlaxx
11-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I am just glad I got to see them in concert before he died. The man was a giant. Bloody Kisses is one of the first albums I got obsessed with. I had both versions of it -- the one with "Kill All the White People" and the one without.

ustolemygmrtag
11-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I am just glad I got to see them in concert before he died. The man was a giant. Bloody Kisses is one of the first albums I got obsessed with. I had both versions of it -- the one with "Kill All the White People" and the one without.
My 2 fav's from that album are Black #1 and Christian woman.

My music love has always been a broad one. I like everything from Metal, to country, to Rap, and to Pop. I do not know why I love so many different types of music, but at least I can be with just about anyone and have some sort of alikeness when it comes to music.

Borlaxx
11-24-2010, 01:42 PM
My 2 fav's from that album are Black #1 and Christian woman.
My fav would probably be Blood and Fire and We Hate Everyone.

I too like most types of music. I am a metal fan first, but I do like (good) hip-hop, goth, industrial, techno/rave, reggae, swing, classic rock, etc. I don't care for country, unless you count Johnny Cash. Also don't care for most cultural music like polka and anything on the Spanish language stations with a dude yelling random stuff into a megaphone.

cubizzle
11-24-2010, 02:13 PM
I am not going to take the time right now to do my list, but I have to say....I freaking love this group more and more every day! :applause:

cubizzle
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Ok, scratch that....here's the list...They are numbered, but not in any particular order

1. Metallica-Master of Puppets
2. Pantera-Live 101 Proof
3. Tool-AEnima
4. Rage Against The Machine-Evil Empire
5. Led Zepplin-4 “Zosa”
6. Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon
7. Deftones-Adreneline
8. Incubus-Science
9. Korn-Korn
10. Sevendust-Sevendust
11. Lamb of God-Wrath
12. Mastodon-Crack the Skye
13. Red Hot Chili Peppers-One Hot Minute
14. Sublime-40oz to Freedom
15. Ozzy Osbourne-Ozzmosis
16. Korn-Life is Peachy
17. Deftones-Around the Fur
18. Dave Matthews Band-Under the Table and Dreaming
19. Bleeding Through-This is Love, This is Murderous
20. OTEP-Sevas Tra
21. Slipknot-Iowa
22. System of a Down-System of a Down
23. Mudvayne-L.D. 50
24. Tool-10,000 Days
25. Avenged Sevenfold-Waking the Fallen

MoreCowBell87
11-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Just a few this was harder than I expected.

1. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
2. UGK - Ridin' Dirty
3. Folly - Insanity Later
4. Sublime - Sublime
5. Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
5. August Burns Red - Constellations
6. Protest the Hero - Fortress
7. Scarface - Emeritus
8. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
9. Jimmi Hendrix - Are you Experienced
10. Unearth - The March

=T4NUKI=
11-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Here's what it might be today....
1- Ramones -Ramones
2-Surfer Rosa/Come on Pilgrim -Pixies
3-Automatic -Jesus and Mary chain
4-Somewhere between heaven and hell -Social Distortion
5-London Calling -The Clash
6-Never mind the bollocks here's -The Sex Pistols
7-Weld (1&2) -Neil Young and Crazy Horse
8-Feeding of the 5000 -Crass
9-Trompe le monde - Pixies
10-Loco Live -Ramones
11-Applause,Cheer,Boo,Hiss -Land of talk
12-Bedtime for democracy -Dead Kennedys
13-Earth A.D. -The Misfits
14-Sargent Pepper's -The Beatles
15-Who's Next -The Who
16-Rancid (2000 aka Black) -Rancid
17-The Donnas -The Donnas
18-Against the grain -Bad Religion
19-Kill'em all -Metallica
20- Raw Power -Iggy and the Stooges
21-Dirty -Sonic Youth
22-Le Birthday album -Indochine
23- Les Wampas vous aiment ! -Les Wampas
24-Legacy of brutality- The Misfits
25-World is yours -Mass of the fermenting dregs

johnnyh1976
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
1. Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland(this will never change. Jimi was a god and I could easily spam this list with his albums/live shows)
2. Soundgarden - SuperUnknown
3. Metallica - ...And Justice For All
4. Pearl Jam - (tie) Ten/Vs.
5. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
6. Tom Petty - Wildflowers
7. Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
8. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
9. Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour
10. Howlin' Wolf - The Real Folk Blues
11.Z.Z. Top - Tres Hombres
12.Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
13. The Black Keys - Brothers
14. The Mars Volta - Deloused in The Comatorium
15. Primus - Sailing The Seas of Cheese
16. Bad Religion - Recipie for Hate
17. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
18. Black Sabbath - Paranoid
19. KISS - Alive
20. Pantera - Vulger Display of Power
21. Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Ragged Glory
22. Neil Young - Mirrorball(with Pearl Jam)
23. The Tragically Hip - (tie) Phantom Power/Road Apples
24. Pink Floyd - (tie) Wish You Were Here/Dark Side of the Moon
25. Supergrass - In it for the Money

This was a hard list to throw together as I listen to so many different groups/musicians and different types of music. I could have easily put the entire Pearl Jam anthology on there or The Tracically Hip for that matter. I've also become a fan of several Jam bands, Phish, Widespread Panic, Moe, and Umphreys McGee
...Not sure why I don't have any Zeppelin on there but I love Led Zeppelin II and Houses of the Holy.

johnnyh1976
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
1. Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland(this will never change. Jimi was a god and I could easily spam this list with his albums/live shows)
2. Soundgarden - SuperUnknown
3. Metallica - ...And Justice For All
4. Pearl Jam - (tie) Ten/Vs.
5. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
6. Tom Petty - Wildflowers
7. Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
8. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
9. Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour
10. Howlin' Wolf - The Real Folk Blues
11.Z.Z. Top - Tres Hombres
12.Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
13. The Black Keys - Brothers
14. The Mars Volta - Deloused in The Comatorium
15. Primus - Sailing The Seas of Cheese
16. Bad Religion - Recipie for Hate
17. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
18. Black Sabbath - Paranoid
19. KISS - Alive
20. Pantera - Vulger Display of Power
21. Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Ragged Glory
22. Neil Young - Mirrorball(with Pearl Jam)
23. The Tragically Hip - (tie) Phantom Power/Road Apples
24. Pink Floyd - (tie) Wish You Were Here/Dark Side of the Moon
25. Supergrass - In it for the Money

This was a hard list to throw together as I listen to so many different groups/musicians and different types of music. I could have easily put the entire Pearl Jam anthology on there or The Tracically Hip for that matter. I've also become a fan of several Jam bands, Phish, Widespread Panic, Moe, and Umphreys McGee

There is a lot of music here from the "Grunge" and 90's era...those were my peak years and when I was heavily influenced by these bands as there were so many great bands in that time....There should be some Alice in Chains in there as well as Jane's Addiction.

...Not sure why I don't have any Zeppelin on there but I love Led Zeppelin II and Houses of the Holy.

dinsdale1978
03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
1. Tom Waits: Nighthawks at the Diner
2. King's X
3. Pearl Jam: Ten
4. Tori Amos: Under the Pink
5. Bjork: Post
6. Counting Crows: August and Everything After
7. Metallica: Master of Puppets
8. Gogol Bordello: Super Taranta
9. Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream
10. Cracker: Kerosene Hat
11. Kiss: Revenge
12. Beth Orton: Trailer Park
13. Liz Phair: Exile in Guyville
14. Monster Magnet: God Says No
15. Vai: Sex and Religion
16. REM: Monster
17. Morrisey: Vauxhall and I
18. GnR: Appetite for Destruction
19. Black Sabbath: Paranoid
20. Portishead: Dummy
21. Luscious Jackson: Natural Ingredients
22. Queen: Jazz
23. Nirvana: Nevermind
24. Spin Doctors: Pocket Full of Kryptonite
25. Weird Al: Polka Party

I have hundreds of albums but these are the ones with the most songs that I like over the whole album.

=T4NUKI=
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Good stuff in there Dinsdale !
You're making me want to listen to ''In search of Manny'' by Lucious Jackson....on cassette !!!

dinsdale1978
03-13-2012, 07:09 PM
You're making me want to listen to ''In search of Manny'' by Lucious Jackson....on cassette !!!

I have that on vinyl but no longer have my record player. :(

Major Stains
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
In no particular order, and it could be completely different if you ask me next week.
But the following stand out as all time favourites to me...

1. Primal Scream : Screamadelica
2. Bob Marley and the Wailers : Exodus
3. Pink Floyd : The Dark Side of the Moon
4. Fleetwood Mac : Rumours
5. Roy Orbison : The Best of Roy Orbison
6. Simon & Garfunkle : Bridge over Troubled Water
7. The Jimi Hendrix Experience : Electric Ladyland
8. Bob Marley : Legend
9. Nick Drake : Five Leaves Left
10. The Eagles : Hotel California
11. Beach Boys : Pet Sounds
12. Marvin Gaye : What's Going On
13. Radiohead : In Rainbows
14. Vivaldi : Four Seasons
15. Massive Attack : Blue Lines
16. The Beatles : Sgt Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band
17. The Doors : The Doors
18. The Orb : The Orbs Adventures Beyond the Underworld
19. Portishead : Dummy
20. Lou Reed : Transformer
21. Al Green : Greatest Hits
22. Doves : Some Cities
23. Elbow : The Seldom Seen Kid
24. Leftfield : Leftism
25. Mazzy Star : Amoung My Swan

johnnyh1976
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM

I have that on vinyl but no longer have my record player. :(

That's awesome Dinsdale. I love vinyl. My brother in law has a killer vinyl collection. One of my little projects is to get vinyl copies of all of my favorite albums that were originally released on vinyl....the only one that I will most likely not aquire is John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Claption. It's a collector's item and fetches quite the pretty penny.

Major Stains
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
the only one that I will most likely not aquire is John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Claption. It's a collector's item and fetches quite the pretty penny.

Next time I'm at my old mans, I will check out his collection. As I know he has a few Clapton on vinyl.
My claim to fame, is that I used to serve Eric Clapton in the local pub where I used to work many many years ago.
He would often be accompanied by various beautiful woman, but to my great sadness I was not working when he walked in with Michelle Pfeiffer :x
There also a classic story about Eric in a curry house, but that's for another time!
He can make those gee tars sing fo sho.

Spike Forehand
06-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Even though I like all kinds of music, I'm going to stick to my top 10 all-time PUNK albums, as that's my favorite type of music.

1 - Ramones - Ramones - The album that changed music forever. So freaking perfect in every imaginable way.

2 - Ramones - It's Alive - The greatest live album of all time. Recorded on Dec 31 1977 in London at the absolute peak of their early career. Double album of unbelievable deliciousness. Vidoes are available of a good portion of it:
[yt:3epmnnx3]fCfU3cGHt7I[/yt:3epmnnx3]

3 - Distillers - Coral Fang - Epically great album from Brody Dalle and her cohjorts - the greatest female punk rocker bar none. Badass.

4 - Riverboat Gamblers - Something to Crow About - This band is my current favorite live act - simply tremendous live shows. This is several albums ago, but catches them at their awesomest. Love the the call and response vocals/background vocals. Front man Mike Wiebe is incredible.

5 - The Hives - Tyrannosaurus Hives - This is the best album by the black-and-white wearing garage/punk rockers from Sweden. A super-tight band with a great live show. Every song on this record is tremendous. I am seeing them in Philly and New York this week!!

6 - Social Distortion - Social Distortion - Mike Ness is a genious. This album kicks ass.

7 - The Hex Dispensers - Winchester Mystery House - The least well known of all these bands. Great freakin record that was probably the most addicting thing I ever listened to. I literally could not listen to anything else for about two months.

8 - The Clash - London Calling - The Clash were the first of the early punkers to actually add a layer of sophistication to their music and incorporate different styles. This was an ambitious record that I simply loved - and still do.

9 - Green Day - Dookie - these guys got it right on this album - still my favorite from top-to-bottom. Latter stuff got a little too polished, and that broadway show crap and their super bowl performance from a couple of years ago were an abomination so they've lost a lot of cred in my eyes. But I still listen to this record all the time.

10 - Riverboat Gamblers - The Wolf You Feed - Release just a couple of weeks ago, this album is magnificent. Their song-writing skills and skills as musicians have advanced considerably since the album I mentioned above, resulting in a broader appeal but a nonetheless still great album.

Super-Honorable-Mention: Any of these would have been in my top 10 at some point in time, and who knows may even sneak back in:

Ramones - Leave Home/Rocket to Russia/Road to Ruin/Adios Amigos - take your pick. Amazing that their final studio album - Adios Amigos - was for me one of their best and a true return to form.

The Hives - Veni Vidi Vicious

Off With Their Heads - In Desolation

I am sure there's other stuff I'm forgetting, but that's the nature of the beast.

=T4NUKI=
06-19-2012, 03:34 PM
^:)^ ramones !
Those are amazing picks Spike !

johnnyh1976
06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
^:)^ ramones !
Those are amazing picks Spike !

I'm gonna go out on a limb here Spike.....you like your punk rock.

Ramones.....love them. My wife got me their DVD last year. Two discs of live Ramones from their club days to some festival shows and also includes the It's Alive show.

The Hives...Vendi Veni Vicious is a great blast of in your face tunes...every time I hear "Hate to say I told you So" the adrenaline starts flowing

Green Day...their best album will always be Dookie....glad I got to see them live in that era on the Insomniac tour...another show where they rattled the roof of the Halifax Metro Centre.

I love my share of punk as well and one of my all time favorites will always be Bad Religion...great tunes, amazing harmonies and Greg Graffin is the man. Saw them last year and they broke down and did an acoustic set in the middle of the show.

Great list....I listen to far to many genres of music and always have a hard time with a definitive list but for me it will always start with Hendrix.
\

HardlyCapable13
06-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Although punk rock is my favorite genre, I have a pretty broad spectrum (just can't get into rap or country).
This list is in no particular order.

NOFX - White Trash, Two Heebs, and a Bean: The album that got me into punk rock. This album changed my life.

Operation Ivy - Operation Ivy: For those of you who have heard this album, you know...if you haven't but like the punk scene, this is an instant purchase.

Black Flag - Damaged: Enough said...

Metallica - Kill em All, or Master, or Lightning, or Justice: Pick one. Being one of my favorite bands (old Metallica) all four of these albums deserve a spot on this list.

NIrvana - Nevermind: This album changed the direction music was going in the mainstream. Great album.

Ramones - Ramones

Pennywise - Full Circle

Screeching Weasel - My Brain Hurts

Face to Face - Don't Turn Away

Descendants - Milo Goes to College

Propagandhi - How to Clean Everything

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales: A little out of place? Yes. I was sitting at Dukes Beach Bar on Oahu enjoying a drink and in walks this man with a guitar and starts playing. This was before his climb to fame, but everyone in Hawaii knows who he is through surfing. It was the first time he's played in public, more of a test to see if he could. He used to just play for his friends and they convinced him he was good and should make an album. The well played, written and sung (plus the nostalgia factor always takes me back to the islands sitting out in the lineup).

Spike Forehand
06-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Awesome to hear all the punk rock love :devil:

Taking off in about an hour to see the Hives in Philly with my 12-yr old and some of my friends and their kids. My wife is mortified-lol. Tried to tell her the todays punk crowds are way more friendly and mature than they would be for current big name acts (which they are by the way), but not sure she's buying it.

You guys also got some great lists. Always been meaning to try to get into Bad Religion - got some album names to start with.

Here some recommendations for you guys:

[yt:36q5h143]EfPpPxfikL0[/yt:36q5h143]

[yt:36q5h143]im6xw0sr2EU[/yt:36q5h143]

Enjoy!

Spike Forehand
06-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Taking off in about an hour to see the Hives in Philly with my 12-yr old and some of my friends and their kids. My wife is mortified-lol. Tried to tell her the todays punk crowds are way more friendly and mature than they would be for current big name acts (which they are by the way), but not sure she's buying it.

LOL at my daughter trying to decide what to wear. Almost told her that "It's not the Father-Daughter Dance.". But then I realized it probably is my version of a father-daughter dance - :)) :)) =))

johnnyh1976
06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
[quote="Spike Forehand":3hfqhwzy]

LOL at my daughter trying to decide what to wear. Almost told her that "It's not the Father-Daughter Dance.". But then I realized it probably is my version of a father-daughter dance - :)) :)) =))[/quote:3hfqhwzy]

=)) ...awesome...enjoy the show. Sounds like fun.....we rarely ever get shows in my area for groups or bands that I like.I do love my fair share of punk. I actually have an old beat up Ibanez Rocket Roll II Flying V guitar that I break out every now and then when I want to rip it up punk style or get my heavy metal on in the garage. Can't beat the sound of blazing buzzsaw guitars rattleing the garage door.

=T4NUKI=
06-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Here's my Punk top 13 !!
1-Ramones, the Ramones... this album changed my life ! So raw and powerfull ! Pure rock and roll ! Best band I ever saw live as well !
2-Legacy of brutality , the Misfits... so freakin' violent for the time! Huge Misfits fan, had to pick only one
3-Love bites, buzzcocks... the most intelligently played punk rock ever, so catchy and so clever !
4-Christ the album, Crass...huge fan of these guys....they are in a league of their own. Punks, hippies, terrorists, artists ??
5-Bedtime for democracy, Dead Kennedys... Jello was awesome !!Have you ever tried to play some DK ?? These guys could seriously play !!
6-Loco Live, the Ramones,,,best live album ever made! (it's alive is a very close second !)
7-Against the grain, Bad Religion...the harmonies, the lyrics, the intelligence of it all, pure genius !
8-(Black 2000) , Rancid...always loved Rancid (Matt Freeman is a madman on a bass guitar ) this one's sooooooo loud and angry, love it !
9-Nevermind the bollocks, Sex Pistols....I picked up a bass at 14 so I could be like Sid Vicious !!
10-Fun in the dark, the Groovy Ghoulies....very cool band from Cali...Ramones meets Misfits, Chupacabra meets Elvis !!! Good fun stuff
11- The Donnas, The Donnas.....their first demo tapes, sounds like shit, but, man these teenagers rocked like pros !
12-Sing sing death house, The Distillers....Brody Dale....that's all !!!
13-The Stooges, The Stooges....not punk yet, but damn close !