PDA

View Full Version : Activision Announces New COD Game for 2010

Borlaxx
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Here is the link to the very short, no details article. Apparently Treyarch may be developing this one from scratch, which means we might actually get it as the same time as other systems. Either that, or we will get MW2 when the other systems get this one /:)

I am hoping for something other than WWII or modern. I would really love a Vietnam or WWI FPS on wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1042746p1.html

Psalm
11-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Finally, I will get my Call of Duty: American Revolution.

"Release the Muskets"

Borlaxx
11-06-2009, 12:37 PM

"Release the Muskets"
God, it would suck to play as the british (no offense guys). You wouldn't be allowed to use cover and would have to march down the middle of the road while the yanks kill you from behind trees and rocks. :smug:

At least we would finally get to find out who fired the first shots at Lexington and Concord :-?

Psalm
11-06-2009, 12:56 PM

"Release the Muskets"
God, it would suck to play as the british (no offense guys). You wouldn't be allowed to use cover and would have to march down the middle of the road while the yanks kill you from behind trees and rocks. :smug:

At least we would finally get to find out who fired the first shots at Lexington and Concord :-?
I'll be breaking out the sleight of hand perk for the black powder reloads....lol

DB4
11-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I am willing to be it would be a Desert Storm type game.

OMG imagine the multiplayer maps full of ... nothing! just sand. j/k (can you handle that Treyarch? LOL)

Instead of a Recon Plane we would have Geraldo Rivera telling us where the enemy is... (http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Geraldo_Rivera) :-"

*edit* oh shit there is actually a "dickipedia" a wiki for people that are dicks. LOL.

Borlaxx
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I dunno, I am hoping for Psalms idea. I want to run and gun with a cannon (may need extreme conditioning with that one).

iheartpain
11-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I am willing to be it would be a Desert Storm type game.

OMG imagine the multiplayer maps full of ... nothing! just sand. j/k (can you handle that Treyarch? LOL)

Instead of a Recon Plane we would have Geraldo Rivera telling us where the enemy is... (http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Geraldo_Rivera) :-"

*edit* oh shit there is actually a "dickipedia" a wiki for people that are dicks. LOL.

=)) =)) =)) Awesome. Made my day!

Psalm
11-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I do think a COD vietnam would be exeptional...
I am hoping playing Modern Warfare doesn't give me some kinda crazy flashbacks...
I did spend about 8 months in Mogidishu, Somalia doing patrols and the occasional fire fight.... :-"

StrawHousePig
11-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Didn't MoH have a Vietnam version?

I am hoping playing Modern Warfare doesn't give me some kinda crazy flashbacks...
I did spend about 8 months in Mogidishu, Somalia doing patrols and the occasional fire fight.... :-"
You haven't played Modern Warfare? I thought you had.

Trez
11-06-2009, 08:51 PM

He doesn't have a PS3, I tell ya! :p Ok I'll shut up.

Psalm
11-06-2009, 09:03 PM

I rented it for a week and played it all of 30 minutes...I really suck at the dual analog

Mutt
11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
This is old. It was rumored months ago that the next COD is possibly going to be set in Vietnam or Cuba. Either would be nice, there are enough WWII games out there.

http://kotaku.com/5237870/rumor-call-of ... to-vietnam (http://kotaku.com/5237870/rumor-call-of-duty-moving-on-to-vietnam)

Sniper
11-07-2009, 09:03 PM
nice...i wouldn't mind a Vietnam or Cuba version , but considering the fact that Trearch is doing the game from scratch it will probably suck like WaW did for match types and such...

Trez
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
nice...i wouldn't mind a Vietnam or Cuba version , but considering the fact that Trearch is doing the game from scratch it will probably suck like WaW did for match types and such...
You gotta keep in mind that Treyarch did World at War for the PS3 and XBOX too. Both of those are pretty acclaimed titles. WaW for the Wii was a rushed port developed by a B team skeleton crew. I have no doubt that they could put together a proper title close to par with the other consoles if they were given enough time and resources.

Mutt
11-08-2009, 01:40 AM
You gotta keep in mind that Treyarch did World at War for the PS3 and XBOX too. Both of those are pretty acclaimed titles. WaW for the Wii was a rushed port developed by a B team skeleton crew. I have no doubt that they could put together a proper title close to par with the other consoles if they were given enough time and resources.

Enough time or not, how many WWII titles are out there? Do we really need another one that has a higher production value? How about a game that brings something new to the table? By no means am I an expert or a war buff, but from the articles I have read about COD doing Vietnam, it's controversial matter. WWII games have been done to death, isn't time for something different?

iheartpain
11-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't mind if they ported MW2 for the Wii :)

DB4
11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
The reason that MW2 was not developed for the Wii is because the Wii isn't capable of delivering "the cinematic experience" that they are trying to feature in this game. What they should do is just create wii-exclusive titles. Just like they did for the PSP.

Mutt
11-08-2009, 01:40 PM
The reason that MW2 was not developed for the Wii is because the Wii isn't capable of delivering "the cinematic experience" that they are trying to feature in this game. What they should do is just create wii-exclusive titles. Just like they did for the PSP.

Maybe Activision can get a more "cinematic" experience when the Wii HD comes out 2010/11?

Trez
11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Mutt]Maybe Activision can get a more "cinematic" experience when the Wii HD comes out 2010/11?
I've been thinking about this too. The Wii IR really is the best aiming option for a FPS. If they could get the graphics on par with the other consoles, get one major developer on board with a must have exclusive FPS, and give support for both IR and dual analog control then Nintendo could be every serious and casual gamers' dream console. It probably won't happen, but it would be awesome if XBOX and PS3 fanboys would eat their own words when Wii HD is released.

Psalm
11-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Mutt]Maybe Activision can get a more "cinematic" experience when the Wii HD comes out 2010/11?
I've been thinking about this too. The Wii IR really is the best aiming option for a FPS. If they could get the graphics on par with the other consoles, get one major developer on board with a must have exclusive FPS, and give support for both IR and dual analog control then Nintendo could be every serious and casual gamers' dream console. It probably won't happen, but it would be awesome if XBOX and PS3 fanboys would eat their own words when Wii HD is released.
Thats a brillant idea Brad...you should email that to someone dude. seriously :applause:

Borlaxx
11-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I hate to be the party pooper, but I don't see nintendo taking over the fps market with the next wii. The only thing that makes fps games on wii awesome is the motions controls. Otherwise the wii has nothing. Well, sony is coming out with their motion controls next year and they are suppose to be better and more accurate than the wii even with motion plus. Once that happens the wii will have lost its one advantage. This will happen at least months if not more than a year before wii HD, and by the time wii HD comes out sony will have tapped into the motion control market and in all likelihood be using it as an option for FPS. This means the next wii will have to be on par with PS3 in terms of tech to stand a chance, which will also likely mean the next wii will be expensive, which takes away its other selling point which is the low price.

I could be wrong, but by the end of next year I think sony will have the market on hardcore games that use motion controls, and wii, even a new wii, will continue to be a system primarily for children and casual gamers with little focus on quality FPS games.

Trez
11-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I know it's a pipe dream. I was just saying it would be a logical formula. Oh, Nintendo would also need a communication system, and online infrastructure that didn't suck. :D

Mutt
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm not even sure if the Wii HD is going to be their next gen system, but a different version. What I mean is it's going to like the DS, DS Lite, DSi, LL, and XL. What do you guys think? Iwata himself said the sales of the system have stalled because they have not had a "must have" title released in 2009. http://wii.nowgamer.com/news/1609/iwata-wii-has-stalled

Trez
11-08-2009, 06:28 PM
They've always been know for incremental upgrades, so that sounds right. You gotta know they're planning something big next cycle. Haven't they spent like $50 mil on R&D? What about making two SKUs much like Microsoft and Sony have done? One model much like the Wii, then another with all upgraded components.

Borlaxx
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Well, I just read the following article, and it seems like the powers that be at Nintendo still haven't decided if true HD is the way to go or something in between SD and HD. IMO if the next wii isn't true HD then it will be a failure. I have got to think they are not stupid and realize they have gotten as far as motion controls are gonna take them.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/104/1042963p1.html

Mutt
11-08-2009, 07:08 PM
HD gaming is here now and they are going to have accept it. If I have an SD TV and I tune into an HD channel, I'm still watching it in SD, so I don't get what they are saying about trying to cater to SD and HD. Look at how long they rejected CDs and DVDs as a format to store games. Really what is there to decide?

gort
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I think maybe they just don't want to make the Wii look bad by saying, "Yes, SD is outmoded." So they are just hemming and hawing and not really saying anything at all. A compromise between HD and SD? What does that even mean?

Borlaxx
11-08-2009, 07:38 PM
What concerns me is I think they are saying they want to keep the SD option open for developers to make inexpensive games. To me that just sounds like they want to continue to have the wii flooded with shitty 3rd party shovelware games with horrible graphics, and this is stupid. Personnaly I would rather a company have to put enough time and resources into making a quality game so they can make money off a quality title than a ton of absolutly fucking craptastic games made by incompatent companies on the cheap so they can turn a profit. I would venture to say that the other systems don't have the shovelware problem because developers have to put a lot of money into games and they can't afford to make bullshit party games they know will fail to make back the money they put into it.

Mutt
11-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I thought about it after I posted and that is the only thing that would make sense is the cost between the two technologies. I completely agree with you Borlax. :applause: :applause: :applause: They are probably considering of keeping the stream of shitty games coming. :sick:

DB4
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
...IMO if the next wii isn't true HD then it will be a failure....

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo doesn't go HD. Nintendo seems to be all about taking risks and trying to develop things that are new. But they seem to be hypocritical and make sacrifices in other areas in order to make the new feature work. Just look at their history: Game Boy, Virtual Boy (graphics sucked on both), the Wii (a Game Cube in disguise), even there fist "3D-like" titles suffered graphically in detail (ex: F-Zero, Star Fox). I am not really sure where they would go next but I do think that not having HD could be a tough sell.

I'm not saying that they won't go HD...just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

StrawHousePig
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Star Fox was 3-D.

I'd be surprised if they didn't go HD. The Wii is here for another couple of years. I expect the next machine to be "revealed" at E3 or TGS next year, with a release late 2011. By then a GPU that can output HD should be cheap enough to fit their archetype. Small, cheap, stable.

What I want to see is them lose the "online is icky" attitude. Don't lock my personal data to the machine. Give me the ability to un-fuck myself should the need arise. How hard is it to make an encrypted image of the Wii's internals? This is not a new or revolutionary concept. I've been a Nintendo acolyte for years, but the experience of losing my Wii data (which for better or worse represents a significant time investment) has turned me fairly sour. Without proper file and account management, no more GD codes, I think I'll have to pass. In fact I'm still chewing on whether or not to get a PS3...

DB4
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Star Fox was 3-D.

You are right.. I think it was the first 3D game for SNES. I wikied it and it talked about the "Super FX chip". Damn i forgot all about that..i remember going to the mall before the game was released and playing the promotional tournament version. WOW.. memories!

now back to the topic...

Mutt
11-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I agree we've been off topic for some time. Maybe we can open a Nintendo thread on moves they have done that has made you scratch your head. Back on topic, it's not surprise that there is going to be a new COD since they've released a new one every year since the first one. Vietnam and Cuba sound cool to me, what about Russia?

bucksie
02-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I honestly think they should scrap the idea behind having just one storyline to follow.
Create a storyline where the game is based on a new recruit going through selection, then training. Once passed is giving options on which sort of soldier he will be.
Recon, Demolitions, Infantry, Sniper etc. And missions are based on those choices. Option to rank or change specialty.

Example would be, i am taken through the recruit selection process, my score will set the difficulty for me and the game sets the level of intensity. I then choose recon as my path, then mission/level one may out with a team of four using different methods of reporting without being "sussed" by the enemy. the more quality intel i gather, will help me on other missions later in the game.

They could take the game to the next level entirely and base it with more in-depth play. Maybe choose between playing as American army or even as good ol' British. maybe the choice was British and after recruit levels you choose infantry, your first mission maybe the ground assault to keep the faulklands, or even as peace keeping in Ireland or maybe taking the role of sniper and being placed in finding and taking down a target and being able to get out with out being spotted. (see where that recon level earlier would have helped!) For each choice made will give differant paths for the player to take.

Just an idea, Infanity Ward/Treyarch, give me a shout and ill help build the idea.........

Major Stains
05-18-2010, 06:17 PM
;) Nothing to add here that isn't on the BO thread.
Just wanted to give the wii forum a post, because it looked like 'Norman no mates'.
There thats better

s.ghost
08-12-2010, 06:33 AM
l like the sound of bucksies.