Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DB4
11-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Good games today, self!!! :|

StrawHousePig
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
:(

We're all rooting for you, though! Go DB! :-bd

Sounds corny, but really, I do hope you kickass at that game.

11-14-2009, 06:21 AM
had some good games on this hopefully the invite system will be sorted out so i can hook up with people, MP is excellent the maps are great for both sniping and running and gunning, lots of places to hide you just got to remeber to keep moving to diffrent places due to kill cam and i actually got 15kills and a 9 ks and got my KD up to .70 still getting use to controls (wiis are 100 times better) But the graphics are outstanding, i would recomend if you get chance to have a look at it and have a go, apart from the controls this game is excellent.

DB4
11-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks Otter. And I agree with Hassle, this game is an excellent game. Even the controls are good IMO, it's just a matter of getting used to them. So far my best match is 13 - 8. My best KS is only 4. it would have been more like 8 or 9 if your Care Package bonus kills counted towards the streak. I am hoping that one of these days I will be able to hit a 25 kill streak, you don't know how bad I want to drop the nuclear bomb and light up the sky!

11-14-2009, 03:22 PM
they have finally got invites sorted out cheers koko for the couple of games you done well on the last one got twice as many kills in one game compared to 2 of my games, sorry daddio didnt get game with you i had to go.

DB4
11-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Finally got some games in with some familiar people today. Hassle joined into a match i was playing on Highrise and proceeded to own me. lol. a little while later hassle, koko and I were able to get a match in on Estate. I started off strong and acquired the Pave Low but ultimately finished 13 -13. we didnt get the win but it was a good game anyway.

Daddio
11-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Can't wait to play with you all sometime soon. My connection is the shit as in it sucks bad. So I have not benn spending much time on MP. I have been playing the Spec OPs with my son we are having a lot of fun. We are doing one mission at a time until we get teh full vetern status. You can even play these missions online with a frien it is pretty cool. We are currently on Evasion in the Alpha mode. Just finishe the regular and now going to harden. Sounds like you all are having a blast. Hope to se you with the MP tag when I do get on.

11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Finally got some games in with some familiar people today. Hassle joined into a match i was playing on Highrise and proceeded to own me. lol. a little while later hassle, koko and I were able to get a match in on Estate. I started off strong and acquired the Pave Low but ultimately finished 13 -13. we didnt get the win but it was a good game anyway.

had to laugh on that highrise one i waited for you to walk up the stairs again to kill in the same spot. i dont know if you noticed on that map there is tunnel that runs into the other building so you can get some easy kills in there building. played with koko for a few games after and got two 20+ games whoo hoo then proceed to go back to normal and get 5 and 6 kills and 10+ deaths lol

DB4
11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I decided to start off the day with a match using the Riot Shield today. Good Decision. Bad Decision. Bad because I was only able to go 1 - 11 on the KDR. Good because despite only having 1 kill, I think I accumulated the most XP out of any match I have played. just for doing things like absorbing enemy fire and explosions. Pretty cool, actually. Using the Riot Shield is a good way to quickly level up if you are on low levels. Good to know when I prestige.

Other than that, I actually got a couple matches with Daddio today....let's just say that we didn't do too well but it was all good. :D

Daddio
11-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I decided to start off the day with a match using the Riot Shield today. Good Decision. Bad Decision. Bad because I was only able to go 1 - 11 on the KDR. Good because despite only having 1 kill, I think I accumulated the most XP out of any match I have played. just for doing things like absorbing enemy fire and explosions. Pretty cool, actually. Using the Riot Shield is a good way to quickly level up if you are on low levels. Good to know when I prestige.

Other than that, I actually got a couple matches with Daddio today....let's just say that we didn't do too well but it was all good. :D

yeah i went 0fer

DB4
11-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Good games last night Hassle. I actually liked the fact that you were able to join my lobby and that we were sometimes on the same team and some times on the opposite team. I like killing you as much as I like playing with you. LOL! It's nice to mix it up. I can't believe I actually had a match with a positive KDR :) ... :-s ... :(( ...i promised myself I wouldn't get emotional...

11-21-2009, 03:01 PM
good games db4 this morning, i like the invite system now it is sorted out, i also found that it would drop me from the lobby but i just went straight back onto join game aand got straight in.
I enjoy playing with you and against you its easy for both of us to get kills against each other lol.

Borlaxx
12-11-2009, 06:35 PM
WOOOOOOOT!!!! I got MW2!!!!

DB4
12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
aww yyyeeeaaah RoBo...i will look for you tonight.

Borlaxx
12-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Actually may not get online tonight. I will likely play some of the single player and then go over to MWR to play online with some of the new recruits, but don't worry I will be online soon enough and getting owned right next to you. I bought a extra copy for my best friend for christmas, so he will probably be joining us in some matches. He can't join the clan because he isn't a parent, but talking to his wife I have a feeling that will not last for much longer.

DB4
12-11-2009, 07:35 PM
He can't join the clan because he isn't a parent, but talking to his wife I have a feeling that will not last for much longer.

Now that is true blue status right there.

Side note: If you are close friends and you have invited him to check out the site you may want to retract that comment if his wife is pregnant and it is going to be a surprise. Hate for him to find out here and ruin a surprise.

(if you need to delete or change this post for that reason feel free)

Borlaxx
12-11-2009, 07:50 PM
LOL!!! She isn't pregnant....yet.

DB4
12-11-2009, 08:23 PM
now back to the topic... My KDR is going up and I mastered the SCAR-H. can't wait to post some stories about me and my homies...

Borlaxx
12-12-2009, 01:37 AM
OMG, this game is the fucking shit!!!!! The single player game so far is very intense and epic. I went online for two matches, and boy did I get my ass kicked. I think as of right now I have a total of 3 kills and 17 deaths, LOL!!! I am going to play split screen with my friend tomorrow, but I can tell it is gonna takes months for me to surpass a 1.0 KDR, if ever.

DB4
12-12-2009, 02:31 AM
OMG, this game is the fucking shit!!!!! The single player game so far is very intense and epic. I went online for two matches, and boy did I get my ass kicked. I think as of right now I have a total of 3 kills and 17 deaths, LOL!!! I am going to play split screen with my friend tomorrow, but I can tell it is gonna takes months for me to surpass a 1.0 KDR, if ever.

And you have barely scratched the surface of this game. Customizable Kill Steaks, Upgradeable Perks, unlockable emblems and titles for shits and giggles...the NUKE! Let me tell you that it is awesome from the get go but when you get up to about level 35 or so, it gets even better as you unlock more challenges and what not.

Oh, and if the campaign and multiplayer aren't good enough for you they throw in spec-ops... which by the way, I am down to play spec-ops with you any time. If you see me online send an invite my way, I wouldn't mind having someone to do some co-op missions. (some missions are co-op only)

If you can get mic'd up it would be cool. If not through the PS3, we can use TS or IHPs thingy or whatever is in style at the time.

Borlaxx
12-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I will be getting a headset soon. I need to figure out how to mute other people or if there is an option to only have ur friends hear you, cuz I have already been witness to the inane trash talking of teenage boys.

12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I will be getting a headset soon. I need to figure out how to mute other people or if there is an option to only have ur friends hear you, cuz I have already been witness to the inane trash talking of teenage boys.

when you are in game lobby just click on them and it gives you the option to mute, not sure when you are in a game. there is no option to have your friends here you.
Look forward to hopefully getting a game in with you we can all be s#@t together, i found mercenary teamdeath match better at first, Have fun its a beast of a game

12-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Bought BT headset at Target for $19.99. Works just fine. You can mute them in pregame lobby or press select during the match and then press "x" to mute. While in game, only your team can hear the conversation for your team.

Borlaxx
12-16-2009, 07:44 AM
I have come to the realization that I am going to have to mute everyone in every match until I start getting positive KDRs. All that takes place on the PS3 is stupid shit talking by little teenage d-bags. I thought the ability to communicate with everyone on PS3 would be good for team based games, but no, no one is interested in saying anything constructive, just about how much of a noob everyone else is.

Psalm
12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
I have come to the realization that I am going to have to mute everyone in every match until I start getting positive KDRs. All that takes place on the PS3 is stupid shit talking by little teenage d-bags. I thought the ability to communicate with everyone on PS3 would be good for team based games, but no, no one is interested in saying anything constructive, just about how much of a noob everyone else is.
I was afraid of that...I am pumped to get this game next week. But, not having to listen to pimple-faced pukes ;)

Borlaxx
12-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I was afraid of that...I am pumped to get this game next week. But, not having to listen to pimple-faced pukes ;)
Then we can team up and mute everyone else. It will be kind of fun to make fun of them knowing they can hear us but we cannot hear them. =))

12-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Not every match is 14 year old kids talking smack so I wouldn't shoot it down yet. Once you unlock HardCore you'll find that hardly anyone speaks, it's kind of eerie. Also, depending on the time of day you play, it will dictate the primary age of your teammates. Overall, I would give the PS3 voip a 6 out of 10 stars for content and appropriateness. I've made a good habit out of muting everyone but my teammates. Remember you can press select any time during a match to mute people both on your team and on the other team (so you don't have to hear the smack talk in the post-game lobby). :|

Psalm
12-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Not every match is 14 year old kids talking smack so I wouldn't shoot it down yet. Once you unlock HardCore you'll find that hardly anyone speaks, it's kind of eerie. Also, depending on the time of day you play, it will dictate the primary age of your teammates. Overall, I would give the PS3 voip a 6 out of 10 stars for content and appropriateness. I've made a good habit out of muting everyone but my teammates. Remember you can press select any time during a match to mute people both on your team and on the other team (so you don't have to hear the smack talk in the post-game lobby). :|
Ahhh...thanks Chesty!!!

Borlaxx
12-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Yup, I played a couple matches yesterday afternoon and the mute option came in handy. I had my best match yet at 5-5, quickly followed by my worse match yet at 2-16 L-)

My friend Paul has been playing online and is A LOT better than I am (he has MW1 for PS3 so is used to the controls). If anyone wants to add him let me know and I will post his PSN ID. I will try to convince him to come here and post as a friend of the clan (cannot join cuz not a parent, but that will likely be changing soon), but that probably will not happen as he thinks social sites like facebook (which this is like to an extent) and gaming clans (which we are) are stupid. Still, it would be nice to have him here. You all would get a kick out of us making fun of each other constantly.

MyBoomStk
12-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Since there is no separate forum for this game I figured I would at least start a topic.

So last night was my first hands on experience with MW2. The graphics are out of this world! The detail is phenomenal. I played the campaign for a few hours before doing the multiplayer. Soon as I did the mp I got my ass handed to me. I could not get the aiming down at all. Its so different from using the wii. I was only able to get 2-3 kills per round. X( Maybe it just takes getting use to, but all the other players were awesome. Of course it helps knowing the maps.

But I have to admit, the multiplayer seemed to be more 'game' like than 'war' like. Seems like there is a lot of flashy things (for a lack of a better word) pop up on the screen. I can't recall excatly what some of them are.. but its things for making special kills.. like a blind granade, or a head shot. But one of the coolest things I liked was how you can see a replay of your death from the enemy's point of view. Leaves a lot of the guessing out of "Bullshit!! How did he kill me!"

Another thing that was really irritating was the headphones. First game I played, these guys were arguing back and forth, LOTS of racial comments were flying.
I think if we were to set up an MP team we should still use TS. Not to mention the very young kids being obnoxious. Ughh...

Overall the game is good. But I can see myself playing the wii more.

Daddio
12-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Since there is no separate forum for this game I figured I would at least start a topic.

So last night was my first hands on experience with MW2. The graphics are out of this world! The detail is phenomenal. I played the campaign for a few hours before doing the multiplayer. Soon as I did the mp I got my ass handed to me. I could not get the aiming down at all. Its so different from using the wii. I was only able to get 2-3 kills per round. X( Maybe it just takes getting use to, but all the other players were awesome. Of course it helps knowing the maps.

But I have to admit, the multiplayer seemed to be more 'game' like than 'war' like. Seems like there is a lot of flashy things (for a lack of a better word) pop up on the screen. I can't recall excatly what some of them are.. but its things for making special kills.. like a blind granade, or a head shot. But one of the coolest things I liked was how you can see a replay of your death from the enemy's point of view. Leaves a lot of the guessing out of "Bullshit!! How did he kill me!"

Another thing that was really irritating was the headphones. First game I played, these guys were arguing back and forth, LOTS of racial comments were flying.
I think if we were to set up an MP team we should still use TS. Not to mention the very young kids being obnoxious. Ughh...

Welcome to the world of HD gaming. The graphics are the shit for sure. Yes the little brats are annoying. Not only do they piss you off with their endless chatter but the fact that they are doing all the ass handing makes it more fustrating..... =)) Core TDM I found very hard as everyone is run & gun non-stop. HC is a bit easier to get kills. Not everyone is on thier horse.The sticks take time to get use to. Everytime I think I am starting to get better I run in a group I can not even touch. Just keep trying though....

Borlaxx
12-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Awesome Boomstick! I finished the campaign on the PS3 and it kicks ass but is too short. You should find someone like Ra to do the Special Ops missions as the co-op play is the shit!

Unfortunately it is the same on the PS3 in terms of the shit talking and general stupidity of people using headsets. On the PS3 you can lower the chat volume all the way down so you don't have to hear it, and you can mute specific players, but it would have been nice to have an option to only hear friends and only have them hear you. I get my ass kicked online too, and that coupled with the trash talk is the main reason I haven't gone back online for over a week and instead have been playing MWR with MPs and other games for PS3.

RATA MUERTA
12-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Glad that you like the game Boomstick. I really enjoy the multiplayer and you can mute whomever you want at any time by bringing up the scoreboard and using your D-pad to select names. I have an awesome time in TDM and Demolition it just takes some time to get the aiming down, but if you try it will become like aiming with the wii. I hear lots of people saying that TDM is hard, but the truth is YES you will get your ass beat down for the first however many matches. The people in this multiplayer are much more vicious then the wii, but you will learn and become more vicious yourself. There are a lot of kids that play but you will run into some cool people every now and then, so don't completely count out the multiplayer.....plus you can always send me an invite if I am on!!

Psalm
12-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Got a couple in this Morning....went 3-12 and 5-10...gah....liked the copycat perk....got a p90 and gpt 2 kills with it...lol

DB4
12-25-2009, 04:30 PM
...But I have to admit, the multiplayer seemed to be more 'game' like than 'war' like. Seems like there is a lot of flashy things (for a lack of a better word) pop up on the screen. I can't recall excatly what some of them are.. but its things for making special kills.. like a blind granade, or a head shot....

If you've ever played the Tony Hawk series of games from Activision you will notice that the pop-ups on the screen were borrowed from that game. Which makes sense because COD and MW games are all Activision games as well. Personally, I like that they have added them to the game. It makes a kill, not just a kill. You are rewarded for how you get the kill with extra experience points. I love it when I get kill someone and I see like 3 or 4 things pop up on my screen like "payback!...longshot!...headshot!...execution!..." It are these types of adjustments to MW2 that makes it so much better than previous COD games. FYI, in HCTDM they have removed the pop-ups and it plays like the way HCTDM should be.

acrazybiach
12-26-2009, 03:23 PM
I have MW2 for the 360 but since my son took the 360 to my mothers and went online there I can not get it back online at home... it tell me my WEP code is wrong but it isn't... anyone know how to HELP ME????

MyBoomStk
12-26-2009, 04:19 PM
I have MW2 for the 360 but since my son took the 360 to my mothers and went online there I can not get it back online at home... it tell me my WEP code is wrong but it isn't... anyone know how to HELP ME????

I tried googling some stuff but it all said to check the wep code on the router. Maybe you can try creating a new code? But doing that means you have to set everything else to reflect it. Might be more trouble than its worth. I have mine wired so its not an issue for me. Is it possible to delete the profile for the wireless and make a new one?

acrazybiach
12-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks Boom...ughhh I just don't know if I can delete the profile with out screwing everything else up... maybe I will just wire it then... grrr lol

Psalm
12-26-2009, 09:56 PM
played a few with DB4 tonight....don't think I had ever talked to you before on TS Bro!!!....good hearing you on the PS3!!
And thanks for the tips....this game is unbelieveable....

StrawHousePig
12-27-2009, 12:14 PM
The WEP code is a password (an encryption key, really) that would be fairly useless if it were on the router itself. It's something that you yourself should have put in when you set-up your wireless network.

Are you sure you aren't using WPA encryption on your router?

Get your boy to fix it. He's the one who broke it, right? :p

Cerbera
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
hey psalm, thanks for the invites earlier, tried to hook up with you but for some reason it wouldnt connect, hope to catch you on the battlefield some other time :)

acrazybiach
12-27-2009, 08:44 PM
I got it... omg I am a dipshit... I was entering the wrong code grrrrr lol... my gamer tag is crzybich44

Psalm
12-28-2009, 09:04 AM
hey psalm, thanks for the invites earlier, tried to hook up with you but for some reason it wouldnt connect, hope to catch you on the battlefield some other time :)
Yeah...this invite system is going to take a bit for me to figure out. I have now figured out how to join someone else's game in progress, and how to send invites...It's so indepth.
Hope to get a few games with you over the holidays Bro!!!

Borlaxx
12-28-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm gonna try to get on more. I haven't played this game online since the first night. Getting a little bored of FPS games so playing the other games I have for PS3.

12-28-2009, 10:11 AM

Just a word of warning on this. This is in reference to MW2 only. I have a few people on my team that I cannot accept nor can I accept invites to/from them. It is very strange and very sporadic, meaning there is no rhyme or reason to it. Daddio is one for example. We are on each others list, but the invites just don't work. I also have friends on the east coast and overseas where the same thing happens. BUT the other 95% of my friends list works. They only thing I haven't tried is deleting them from my friends list and then adding them again.

Psalm
12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm gonna try to get on more. I haven't played this game online since the first night. Getting a little bored of FPS games so playing the other games I have for PS3.
I think you will get used to the dual analogs....The only problem I am having is the hip fire aiming now.. I feel like i have the ADS down.
We need to get a few games in boss!!! ;)

Bad Andy
12-28-2009, 11:43 AM

I recently got an xbox as well and have been playing mw2 online pretty much all weekend. I agree about the headphones, I find myself constantly muting the players that are not my friends.

DB4
12-28-2009, 12:01 PM

Just a word of warning on this. This is in reference to MW2 only. I have a few people on my team that I cannot accept nor can I accept invites to/from them. It is very strange and very sporadic, meaning there is no rhyme or reason to it. Daddio is one for example. We are on each others list, but the invites just don't work. I also have friends on the east coast and overseas where the same thing happens. BUT the other 95% of my friends list works. They only thing I haven't tried is deleting them from my friends list and then adding them again.

WAW on the Wii had the same issues so I am willing to bet that there is something technical going on on the server side or even in someones router that is preventing certain people from hooking up. I have noticed on the MP menu that it refers to your [b]NAT Type[/]. Not too certain exactly what it is but Daddio and I had problems hooking up the first night the game came out.

To Psalm: It was nice to be able to hook up with you the other day. Albeit me being distracted the first couple matches. I was telling my brother the ins and outs of the PS3 and gave him instructions on how to download MAG BETA. My daughter woke up at one point so I had to go get her and get her situated with some toys. I got booted from your party then I had to Join Session... Then there was the host migration that took forever. Shortly thereafter, my wife woke up from her nap and my night of gaming was done. Oh, well...we'll do it again soon I'm sure. :cheers:

Psalm
12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I wondered what that Nat type was as well....
yeah, sorry you got booted from the match DB4. I was playing with my Brother-in-law (who is really good 2.65 kdr) and a few friends of his.
He quit playing MW2 on the Xbox due to perpetual lag issue's ( He was already a 3rd prestige on Xbox) and moved to the PS3 now.
Good thing I didn't trade him for the Xbox huh? :D
One of the best things about the Playstation network is the ability to see when your friends log on (while you are in a game)...and what they are playing. I love that. I saw Nate on last night playing Dragonage: origins.... So I didn't bother to leave Batman to play MW2. But, then I saw my BIL on later and I saw him playing MW2 ...so I easily jumped over and joined his party (well that, and he texted me)...Love it.

Psalm
12-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Glad I hadn't watched this video before I played MP on the PS3....lol
Christmas noob killing spree....

[yt:nen3ta6c]-HHO54B5gm4[/yt:nen3ta6c]

MyBoomStk
12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Finally played my first MW2 with another MP last night. It was with Crazy. We did ok...but I think she had her mic muted. Then her son came in and kicked some butt. Was a blast!

RATA MUERTA
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
One of the best things about the Playstation network is the ability to see when your friends log on (while you are in a game)...and what they are playing. I love that. I saw Nate on last night playing Dragonage: origins.... So I didn't bother to leave Batman to play MW2. But, then I saw my BIL on later and I saw him playing MW2 ...so I easily jumped over and joined his party (well that, and he texted me)...Love it.
XBOX has this too, its very cool.

12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Glad I hadn't watched this video before I played MP on the PS3....lol
Christmas noob killing spree....

[yt:2nea8pi9]-HHO54B5gm4[/yt:2nea8pi9]

Omg. I want to hunt down this guy not for his tactics, but for his poor attempts at humor.

acrazybiach
12-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Finally played my first MW2 with another MP last night. It was with Crazy. We did ok...but I think she had her mic muted. Then her son came in and kicked some butt. Was a blast!

Boom yea I muted the mic... I can't hear with that thing with all the little kids playing... then Jeremy got on and was like BOOM'S IN THE HOUSE... lmao I was like what are you doing he's like mom that's what ya do... lol... I sooo suck and it was fun playing with you and Ra yesterday... I need some serious practice with the controller and Jeremy and I are fighting over who is playing the 360 he just got the Tony Hawk thing ughhhh lol

12-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Got a few late night/early morning games in with Bobo, who should now be infected ;) careful or you'll get a full blown STD ;)

bobosda1
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
its hard to get a positive kdr in this game.

Psalm
01-02-2010, 04:44 AM
its hard to get a positive kdr in this game.
yup....I agree. I have struggled with stinging a few good games together.
Good games tonight Chesty....I sucked on that Estate one...
DB4.....sorry for bailing....kid was becoming unhinged....

DB4
01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
its all good Ed. Btw whenever i have the opportunity and there is enough MPs and SOGs on I will try to hook up some matches between the groups. I think Domination would be the best way to go right now so KDR won't determine the winner for those that are still trying to get their aiming down. :-)

01-02-2010, 12:58 PM
DB4 has a good point. Domination would be a great idea. :cheers:

01-03-2010, 10:04 AM
cheers for games the other night jaybird that was my best run so far lol, just relised who i was playing with.

Psalm
01-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Got some games in with Mom of two, Duke and Jaybird last night. Duke you are good... fun times.
That match on Wasteland was crazy. It seems like that map is always a fight for the center area....
we were going back and forth with them in there....those damn grenade launchers into there were killing me though....lol

Duke-44
01-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Had alot of fun with you guys and yes that map is always a fight for the center.next time im planting C4 in it.cant wait till we all group up again.ive having some trouble with lag and getting into lobby's when i get invited might be my net.

01-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Nice games last night HershelGoodNight....Domination on Invasion is always tough, especially at flag Bravo.

Ed, I'm getting together a group of former Marines that I've met randomly online for some MW2 party action, let me know if you are interested.

Psalm
01-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Nice games last night HershelGoodNight....Domination on Invasion is always tough, especially at flag Bravo.

Ed, I'm getting together a group of former Marines that I've met randomly online for some MW2 party action, let me know if you are interested.
Let me know Mike...I'm in.
Played a few games with Jaybird (hershelgoodnight) Duke, and Momof2 .....fun stuff. We did pretty good mostly thanks to Duke and Mom...
I think you can tell me and Jay are still a'learnin'... got my KDR up to almost .80 though...
I think my goal is 1.00..but, that is just dreamin' as of now...lol

DB4
01-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I think you can tell me and Jay are still a'learnin'... got my KDR up to almost .80 though...
I think my goal is 1.00..but, that is just dreamin' as of now...lol

i dug myself into a hole that I just can't seem to get out of with my sub .60 KDR. Honestly, I don't really care too much because I mostly play domination and most of my deaths are from me trying to capture flags like I am invincible. I think it would be nice If I can get up to where you are at at the moment but currently I have about 2500-2800 more deaths than kills. It is going to be a daunting task to increase my KDR by about .3 and I don't think I have the patience. I could camp but that just ain't my style. decisions, decisions. :-?

Psalm
01-10-2010, 02:00 AM
I played a ton today...got a few in with Duke and Jaybird...also Greeny (please add me Bro!!).
4 Team MP's playing MW2...what a cool sight..
I unlocked the M16 (level 40 I think)...I like it a whole lot. I am already up to 175 kills with it...

Trez
01-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I unlocked the M16 (level 40 I think)...I like it a whole lot. I am already up to 175 kills with it...
Easy when you've played for ten hours! :))

trandell
01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I was on with a few MP's last night and had a lot of fun. I'm still getting owned badly, but I'm loving my newly unlocked SCAR and sprinting around cutting throats.

Borlaxx
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, got out of work a little early and didn't have to pick my son up from my mom's house right away so jumped online for a few Free for All matches. I still suck, but did better than when I played last time and actually got 10 kills in one match.......with 19 deaths L-) I think I may have just caught the MW2 bug because now I want to play more. At least I unlocked the ability to set up a custom class and just set up one with my limited options at this point with the M4, spaz shotgun, stopping power, slight of hand and steady aim. I have a long way to go, but at least I doubled my KDR to a whopping .32, LOL!

Psalm
01-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Well, got out of work a little early and didn't have to pick my son up from my mom's house right away so jumped online for a few Free for All matches. I still suck, but did better than when I played last time and actually got 10 kills in one match.......with 19 deaths L-) I think I may have just caught the MW2 bug because now I want to play more. At least I unlocked the ability to set up a custom class and just set up one with my limited options at this point with the M4, spaz shotgun, stopping power, slight of hand and steady aim. I have a long way to go, but at least I doubled my KDR to a whopping .32, LOL!
dude...it takes awhile. I got my KDR up to .82 or so. Running and gunning in the beginning was a massacre for me....A little micro-camping around the edges of the maps after I have gotten to know them has worked very well for me...knowing where to run in the beginning of the match helps too... :D

Duke-44
01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Here is a good one for you all.i was in merc.tdm at Skidrow. most of you know i mute mic's unless its my team mates lol well i missed one.so im coming down the back alley by the laundromat two guys come out the door double barreled both guys.got one more on the steps got two more by the minigun. by this my screen is red and im trying to reload for the 3rd time.so i waited a few secs for my screen to clear up and just started out the door and 2 more guys got them with the double barrel.then the last guy was by the crates at the bottom of the steps got him with my last shot.i got 3 double kills and the kill cam. lol now this guy started yelling at me calling me all kinds of things i couldnt stop lol my wife started lol all can say is thank god my kids were in school. (I wont say what he was calling me)

MyBoomStk
01-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Played last night with Ra. And I have absolutely no idea how.. but I was kicking ass. Held the top spot for a few matches and got the game winning kill once. That's like the 2nd time ever for that. Yay!!! And I almost forgot.. was my first time playing with Cantaimstr8! Good games!

cantaimstr8
01-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah man! I joined your party but got kicked for not having public chat on so I just join your game. The match on Favela we were on opposite teams and I got knifed by Muerta a few times!(I'll get ya back!) I was just playing around with my akimbo G18's though. Good games!

RATA MUERTA
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Just have to post my own War Story.........
.....went 31 and 1 in a TDM on Sub Base.....got the Nuke!!! :devil: :devil: I am so proud of myself set my killstreaks to Harrier Strike, AC130 then Nuke!!!! The AK-47 with a silencer ROCKS!!!

Psalm
01-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Just have to post my own War Story.........
.....went 31 and 1 in a TDM on Sub Base.....got the Nuke!!! :devil: :devil: I am so proud of myself set my killstreaks to Harrier Strike, AC130 then Nuke!!!! The AK-47 with a silencer ROCKS!!!
I cannot wait for that weapon...i am psyched

Psalm
01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Was able to play last night with Duke and Etuesday... Duke you kick ass.. I literally suck!!! It was still fun.. :cheers:
Yeah, Duke is very good...me not so much.

Psalm
01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Was able to play last night with Duke and Etuesday... Duke you kick ass.. I literally suck!!! It was still fun.. :cheers:
Yeah, Duke is very good...me not so much.

And good thing we weren't playing with Friendly Fire... =)) Quite a few times i thought you were the enemy..
yeah...that was funny...I think I even laughed about it a few times...do you have a mic yet agirard?

Daddio
01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
And good thing we weren't playing with Friendly Fire... =)) Quite a few times i thought you were the enemy..
yeah...that was funny...I think I even laughed about it a few times...do you have a mic yet agirard?[/quote]

Yeah i heard you the one time laughin.. i couldn't help myself but laugh at that one.. :))

not yet.. I know Borlax mentioned Teamspeak with the pc but that's just not an option for me since the pc is nowhere near where i have my ps3..
I'm gonna hopefully get one in the next week or so...[/quote]

I use the Creative HS1200 headset. It is wireless USB and I can go from one room to another and it works. I would like to use TS rather than PS3 chat. But since I am not an MP no more I can't use MP's TS. MAybe one day our clan woiuld graviate that way but I doubt it! :(

Psalm
01-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I think using the PS3 chat is fine...i just mute everyone else....lol

Psalm
01-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm up to a whopping .84 .....lol

Psalm
01-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I think it's fairly funny that my icon is the gold oak leaf (major) here and its the same in MW2 right now...(I am close to the silver oak leaf in MW2) which shall I make it too first...lol

Psalm
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/Etuey/2vchz4j.jpg

Borlaxx
01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/Etuey/2vchz4j.jpg
LOL! I see a fanboy siggy in your future.

lore77
01-15-2010, 10:43 AM
I was able to sneak a few games in last night. I got into a few games with Duke, thanks for the tips the other night Duke! I was not doing very well those first few games and was beginning to get a little frustrated. Just as I started to warm up, my wife called me away to help out with the baby. The little guy fell asleap a short time later and I was able to get back on. This is where the fun began...

I unlocked the striker so I put away my noob-tube thumper. I usually only pull out the thumper when someone has me pinned down and i can't get to them or when i see a bunch of enemies grouped together at a choke point. I was using the stinger as secondary but, it seems like it makes it easier for enemies to spot you. I set the Striker as secondary and looked for a groundwar game. I got into a domination match in Estate. I whipped out the striker whenever i went into a building, this thing is awsome... I blasted my way through the big house and took out 3 guys camping in there.This gun has a very satasfying feel to it and is just plain fun to unload on some enemies. The only problem with the striker is it takes a little while to reload.

I then got into a few more games on Karachi and Invasion maps. I pulled out the striker inside the buildings and used my FAMAS when in wide open spaces. I had Hardline set up and got quite a few killstreaks. I called in an airdrop and was rewarded with my 1st AC-130. That was some serious fun, I forgot to switch to the other weapon, i was having so much fun blasting away with the 105 from the AC-130. I took out 3 guys wih one shot from the 105, that put a smile on my face. A little later I called in a pavelow. I think i need to learn a little more about how to use the pavelow because I ended up killing myself with the airstrike Lol, I took quite a few with me though... After running around on a rampage for a few games, blasting ppl with my Striker and raining down death from above it was time to go to sleep. I felt much better and went to sleep with a smile on my face, this game can be a great way to melt away the stress of the workday.

Duke-44
01-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Good job lore77 im glad to here you rain some pain on some ppl. :cheers:

Psalm
01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Crazy story here.....
I was getting ready to go into a game against some noobs on Subpen. I was trying to change up my killstreaks to 7,11 and 25 (tac nuke)
well, i got interupted as the game started... my Killstreaks ended up as 3(UAV), 5(missle) and 25 (tac nuke). I started very nice with some satisfying 2 kills with the striker (like Lore said) got my predator at 5 and wiped out 4 of them with it...I was now at 9 (my high kill streak is 10) I continued to move around slowly and managed to make my way up to 20-0....
Now, I was beginning to feel sick to my stomach. I could have easily made it higher if I had my chopper gunner or AC 130...I was soooo NERVOUS
I came around the next corner after 20 and got noob tubed.... *sigh* so close to 25....
Man, It was great to get my killstreak up to 20. But, man did I have to do it the old fashion way!!! =)) =))
I ghad to put down the controller after that and get a brewski...lol

DB4
01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
@psalm: Your 20 kill streak with basically just a predator missle for the "cheap kills" so-to-speak is WAY more impressive than a Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke Combo. Good job! me = jealous. LOL

Psalm
01-16-2010, 11:46 PM
@psalm: Your 20 kill streak with basically just a predator missle for the "cheap kills" so-to-speak is WAY more impressive than a Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke Combo. Good job! me = jealous. LOL
Thanks Charlie....I think I am starting to get the hang of this game finally...(it has taken a while).
I have almost exclusively used the m16 lately, it takes up 3 of my classes. I have a bling setup, a red dot and an ACOG...great weapon!!!

RATA MUERTA
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Crazy story here.....
I was getting ready to go into a game against some noobs on Subpen. I was trying to change up my killstreaks to 7,11 and 25 (tac nuke)
well, i got interupted as the game started... my Killstreaks ended up as 3(UAV), 5(missle) and 25 (tac nuke). I started very nice with some satisfying 2 kills with the striker (like Lore said) got my predator at 5 and wiped out 4 of them with it...I was now at 9 (my high kill streak is 10) I continued to move around slowly and managed to make my way up to 20-0....
Now, I was beginning to feel sick to my stomach. I could have easily made it higher if I had my chopper gunner or AC 130...I was soooo NERVOUS
I came around the next corner after 20 and got noob tubed.... *sigh* so close to 25....
Man, It was great to get my killstreak up to 20. But, man did I have to do it the old fashion way!!! =)) =))
I ghad to put down the controller after that and get a brewski...lol
I know how you felt, I had about 19 kills and the people just kept coming and I was mowing them down trying to count which one would be 25 actually got to 26 before I let the nuke off. Afterward I definitely had to take a break to let the adrenaline cool off.

Psalm
01-18-2010, 08:36 AM
yeah...that was funny...I think I even laughed about it a few times...do you have a mic yet agirard?

I'm mic'ed up now.. my wife bought me one on friday.. :cheers:
sweet...I think I might play a few tonight....send me an invite if you see me on.

Psalm
01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
oh...yeah forgot to share about my "flawless" match. My wife had just got home with some groceries. I had gone 2-0 in the opening 30 seconds of a rundown match. So I ran to a spot waaaay back by the gas station and laid down... put the controller up and went to help my Wife.
I came back about 15 minutes later. Noticed I was booted form the next match. but, went and looked at my stats and noticed I aquired the "flawless" award....lol
guess nobody found me... I do run Ninja Pro and Cold Blooded almost all the time now....lol

heretictear
01-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Finally played with some other MPs tonight. I joined Boom and we ended up getting the Rat in there with us after a few failed attempts(thanks XBOX). Anyways, had a great time. Was nice having some great games for the first time in a while. Good gaming everyone.

MyBoomStk
01-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Finally played with some other MPs tonight. I joined Boom and we ended up getting the Rat in there with us after a few failed attempts(thanks XBOX). Anyways, had a great time. Was nice having some great games for the first time in a while. Good gaming everyone.

Yeah they were great games. . However I was getting frustrated. I couldn't seem to hit anything. But was a first having 3 MP's!! Till Rata ended up on the other side. And let me tell you... her bullets hurt!

Daddio
01-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Psalm send you a couple of invites last night. Trying to get a few games in with you if you want to. Are you playing Hardcore at all?

Psalm
01-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Psalm send you a couple of invites last night. Trying to get a few games in with you if you want to. Are you playing Hardcore at all?
Sorry Daddio, I was in with Jaybird last night...we were mopping them up....ok, not really. No we were playing TDM. Do you play HC? I am willing to try it. I just haven't due to my lack of ability to aim well at this point. Jay just got his new headset...so now we are set!!!

Daddio
01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Sorry Daddio, I was in with Jaybird last night...we were mopping them up....ok, not really. No we were playing TDM. Do you play HC? I am willing to try it. I just haven't due to my lack of ability to aim well at this point. Jay just got his new headset...so now we are set!!!

I would love to get in a match with you all. I perfer HC more as it takes less hits to kill them. I have been getting better at killing in Domination using stopping power but that game just racks up alot of deaths. At SOG most of them play Dom and I like HC for the fact of the KDR. I still have my good and bad games just not as many. I have been trying to get some guys together to play as a team but not much luck with the 100+ SOG members we have right now. You know I like to play a defense strategy but when the rest of the team is running and gunning on these big maps I do not get much action all alone. If you and Jay think you would like to work on something like this that would be awesome.

I felt bad a couple of weeks ago when we invited you into our party and they was pretty load over there and thrash talking. I felt like you did not care for that. Personally I don't! I personally do not like the chat system on the PS3 as it is not very clear and it is very noise. TS is way better in my opinion!

Psalm
01-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I appreciated the invite a few weeks ago... it was kinda intimidating when I was such a noob and most of them are prestiged. They seemed to be trash talkers too...lol. I figured all I needed was to blow their whole match for them...lol

cantaimstr8
01-23-2010, 07:28 PM
So I had some good games with Boomstk,heretic, and Muerta today. I noticed that even when we are in a party, we end up on opposite teams alot. I don't understand why its doing this but if it keeps doing it, we should all go into a partychat and just play mercenary TDM. Yeah, we will keep going on different teams but we can just communicate with eachother without hearing the bad mouth, singing children!

That way, if we get on opposite teams, at least I can tell you when I'm about to G18 you in the back!

Oh, and I have to learn to stay out of knifing distance against Muerta. Always gets the jump on me!

RATA MUERTA
01-23-2010, 08:04 PM
So I had some good games with Boomstk,heretic, and Muerta today. I noticed that even when we are in a party, we end up on opposite teams alot. I don't understand why its doing this but if it keeps doing it, we should all go into a partychat and just play mercenary TDM. Yeah, we will keep going on different teams but we can just communicate with eachother without hearing the bad mouth, singing children!

That way, if we get on opposite teams, at least I can tell you when I'm about to G18 you in the back!

Oh, and I have to learn to stay out of knifing distance against Muerta. Always gets the jump on me!
That is a good idea Str8, you can call me Ra or Rata both work. I think if you join together in the lobby first you don't end up on opposite teams, that only happens when you join a game I believe. Feel free to send me an invite if you see me on.

Psalm
01-24-2010, 01:52 AM
Had a bunch of good games with Ellison and Girard, and JayBird this weekend so far....I have almost got my KDR up to 1.0.... it's in the mid .9's.
ahhhh...I'll get there some day..(I hope).
got the blue tiger camo for the M16. I think I am in the 800's with that weapon (kills wise)...love it.

lore77
01-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Had a pretty good weekend ingame when I was able to get on. I was lucky enough to get into a few games with some MP members. Lately I have been running around and micro camping using ninja pro, cold bloded and Bling Pro. I was using a Scar with a silencer and Thermal secondar the striker with a silencer and recently unlocked grip. This setup has been working out pretty good for me, I am able to pick off some targets from a pretty good distance with the scar/thermal. The striker kicks some ass for close up encounters. I have also racked up quite a few claymore kills, I found a few really good spots to place tham that almost always get me a kill.

I finaly hit lvl 40 and unlocked the M16, So far I think this is my Fav assult rifle, even the iron sights are good. I was able to unlock the red dot after a few games and am doing very welll with this weapon/setup. I have recently started doing better, had a few rounds with a positive K/d Ratio and almost always at least breaking even now. I even had 1 match where I had the highest K/D ratio and got the none spared acheivemnt. I finally feel like I can hold my own a little better, I'm starting to get used to most of the maps and know the places i really need to be carefull when crossing through. This game is alot more fun when you are not getting owned all of the time :D

Borlaxx
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Had some time this afternoon to get in a few matches in FFA. I still suck, but at least I finally got a match with a positive KDR of 9-5!!!!! \:D/ I got the accolade for having the highest KDR, the most head shots with two, and the most execution kills for people in final stand!!!! It was also my first match getting a killstreak bonus and calling UAV, and then the next match I got a killstreak of 7 and got to use the stinger missile twice because it was also in my supply drop. wOOt!!!!!!!

Okay, I am sure you guys have done this a zillion times, but I am thrilled to finally have my first good matches. The other ones weren't so good, but at least they were better than I had been doing and I was at least getting about 1 kill for every two deaths. I unlocked two new names other than FNG and SSDD finally. I got Sure Shot and Too Fast. Need to look up what those are for. Also was finally able to add the MP badge.

Right now I have limited options for my custom classes, so I am currently running with the UMP45 (just got rapid fire unlocked before signing off), Spas-12 (actually got three kills with it on that 7 kill streak), Slight of Hand, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. I seem to be having more luck with hip-fire as opposed to ADS right now, but that is probably cuz the iron sights on the guns I am using right now SUCK and you can't see shit when you use them.

Can't wait to play some more! I am sure all the good work I did today will be quickly undone :))

Trez
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
L-) It's called a Predator missle. :p

Borlaxx
01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
LOL!!!!! I am such a MW2 nOOb. I am sure that will not be the last name I get wrong.

Borlaxx
01-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Got in some more matches late last night. I am doing okay in FFA but getting my ass kicked in TDM. I have a feeling that will be the case until I learn the maps. I am not having as much of a problem killing people as I am not knowing where the fuck I am and having people who know the maps sneak up on me or take me out from some high ground.

Finally got in my first match with another MP when I was on the other team against Psalm. Damn, I got my ass kicked that match, but at least I did manage to kill Psalm twice :devil: Unlocked several new badges, weapons and perks. My wife closes tonight at her job so I will probably be playing a bunch tonight. After last night I think I will be dedicating all my FPS playing to MW2 and retiring MWR. I may even trade MWR in this weekend.

Trez
01-26-2010, 08:34 AM
I think I will be dedicating all my FPS playing to MW2 and retiring MWR. I may even trade MWR in this weekend.
:((

Psalm
01-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Yeah good game...i have noticed some lag in my games lately. It is an addicting game. Hope to get some in with you tonight Nate. I should be on. The wapons leveling is a huge part of getting promoted. They make it so hard to level up at higher ranks (70,000XP or so) that you have to go for the big 10,000 bonuses. Oh if you see me playing with (kill)crushbox311 thats my brother in law. feel free to join us. or invite. Daryl (BIL) will accept most friend requests too.

lore77
01-26-2010, 08:40 AM
A good way to learn the maps, if you have time; Start a private match free for all and then just walk around the map undisturbed. You will have time to take a good look around w/o having to worry about someone shooting you. This is something Duke had suggested to me and it has been very helpfull :D

Daddio
01-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Got in some more matches late last night. I am doing okay in FFA but getting my ass kicked in TDM. I have a feeling that will be the case until I learn the maps. I am not having as much of a problem killing people as I am not knowing where the fuck I am and having people who know the maps sneak up on me or take me out from some high ground.

Finally got in my first match with another MP when I was on the other team against Psalm. Damn, I got my ass kicked that match, but at least I did manage to kill Psalm twice :devil: Unlocked several new badges, weapons and perks. My wife closes tonight at her job so I will probably be playing a bunch tonight. After last night I think I will be dedicating all my FPS playing to MW2 and retiring MWR. I may even trade MWR in this weekend.

Damn B no offense but you flip-flop more than our commander and chief...... :-o

Borlaxx
01-26-2010, 09:30 AM
How is this a flip flop? I haven't been playing any FPS games recently. I was going to try to split my time between both games but not anymore. I have made the decision that I don't have the time or motivation to play both.

Daddio
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
How is this a flip flop? I haven't been playing any FPS games recently. I was going to try to split my time between both games but not anymore. I have made the decision that I don't have the time or motivation to play both.

Again no offense B but first you wasn't going to get a PS3, then you wasn't going to get MW2..... and there was a couple of others. Just thought it was funny.

Psalm
01-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Sorry Ed about dropping off last night... all of things to happen a f'ing truck took out an electrical pole right behind my house... so was out of power for 5 hrs last night while they replaced the pole and got the power back up...
Try and hit you up the next time i'm on... :cheers:
No Problem Bro....maybe me, you and Borlax can get some games in tonight...."B",,,you got a headset you can use on MW2?

Borlaxx
01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
No Problem Bro....maybe me, you and Borlax can get some games in tonight...."B",,,you got a headset you can use on MW2?
My wife is closing tonight, so I would love to get in some matches with you guys. It will be good to finally chat with some of the new PS3 peeps. I feel like I have "abandoned" them /:)

Yes, I have the official PS3 headset charged and ready. May need to mess with the volume settings to get it right. Since it seems like the invite system isn't much better than MWR I will just try to join one of your matches and chat you up and suggest we all back out and send invites to form a team that way. I should be on about 8:30 eastern. Hope you all don't mind me dragging down the team, LOL! L-)

Borlaxx
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for joining me for a FFA match this afternoon DB4. At least I broke even at 16-16, and the match before that I had another positive KDR match and had the highest killstreak of the match. I unlocked killstreaks at the end of our match, and the akimbo perk for the UMP45 which I plan on trying tonight.

Psalm
01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Akimbo shotguns are filthy....I haven't had much luck with the Sub's akimboed....think I tried most all of them.

RATA MUERTA
01-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Some good games last night Str8 and Boomstick!! Had a good match in Highrise I had a 19 killstreak going when I died #-o , could have had a nuke but those guys stayed in the building while I had my AC130 so I didn't get that many kills.... Grrrrrr !

cantaimstr8
01-27-2010, 11:28 PM
You and Boom had some good games! That one on highrise started alittle rough for me but when you got the AC130, they stayed in the building and I was able to pick them off from the other side. Also, I don't know if it was me, but Boom's mic seemed messed up or something. I could barely make out what he was saying. Anyway, it makes a big difference playing with people who don't annoy the crap out of you!

Trez
01-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Wow Ra, nice work!

MyBoomStk
01-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Also, I don't know if it was me, but Boom's mic seemed messed up or something. I could barely make out what he was saying.

I just realized last night after playing for about an hour what it was. I had a torrent I had downloaded (some spongebob episodes) and I didn't realize it was still seeding. So my upload was around 40-50kbs. Im a dork sorry. But yeah all in all were great games.

On a side note I filed a complaint for a person last night for the first time. We were on Estate and the other team got an Emergency air drop and dropped it right outside the house. No enemies were around so I started grabbing some. About 30 seconds later another Emergency Air drop came and landed in the same spot. Again.. there were no enemies around. Then about a minute and a half later a 3rd was called in. I was like wtf!?! So I looked at the score and there was one guy that was 8-2 another was 7-3 and all the others had under 6 kills each. I was really skeptical at that point. Then what do you know... a 4th, a 5th and a 6th were called in. The top guy was 16-4 and the others were 8 and under in kills. I was livid. I cannot stand cheaters. So the match was over and I asked the guy what the hell was up with that? He replied "I had hardline pro on... Im good what can I say" FU dude.. that is Bullshit! No way in hell could you get 6 emergency air strikes.

I wish I wrote down his name. Ughhhh!

EDIT:
Ok found a video of it.... Makes me so pissed off
[yt:2rxsxq4g]Y8iIFb4hDNw[/yt:2rxsxq4g]

Borlaxx
01-28-2010, 10:20 AM
It sucks there are these glitches in the game, but I am sure IW knows about it and will be issuing a patch soon. It is a new game so they can't test out and find all the glitches prior to the games launch, but at least unlike with the Wii they will fix the issues as they are found.

DB4 posted something about a set up using one man army that isn't a cheat (just unfair) and in that vid the dude had well over 100 kills less than halfway through the match, so maybe that is what this tool was using and people on the other team were dropping out which is why it didn't seem like the kills added up.

Borlaxx
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
I am hoping to start getting in more matches with MPs soon. I have been playing FFA solo to get better first so I don't make a complete ass of myself. I still don't know the maps for shit other than Estate, and on some I just can't get anything going like Sub Base where I can't see most people until they are shooting at me (is there a perk that makes your name not appear, because I think I have seen that and on that map it is deadly). However, I am getting better at aiming and yesterday I had more positive KDR matches than negative ones, so my KDR over the past two days has gone up from 0.45 to 0.75. Still pretty bad, but I have hope that once I learn these maps, get some better perks, and learn how to knife people well I will start to get better.

BTW, how often do you get to unlock new killstreaks? I didn't unlock the nuke for my first one because I know it is gonna take me a long time, if ever, to get that, so I unlocked the Plane gunner perk at 11 kills (can't remember the name of the plane). Do you even get to unlock more as you level up, or am I stuck with this unless I prestige?

Daddio
01-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Hey MP's if any of you are interested in adding my PSN I am down for it. Not toomany hardcore players at SOG. I am investagating another clan now. But would mind playing with some of you.
However I mostluy play Hardcore as it is easier to get kills and not as fast a pace as spawn and die, I mean TDM,.

Borlax an Acog will help alot on sub-base. I kinda like that map. When I start off behind the subs I cross the bridge and wait for one or two peeps to come around the corner. 75% of the time I get 1-2 kills.

Borlaxx
01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the tip Daddio. This game is fucking amazing! So much content! I already have you added. However, I will probably be sticking with the core modes until I learn the maps so I at least have the radar to help me.

MyBoomStk
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
BTW, how often do you get to unlock new killstreaks? I didn't unlock the nuke for my first one because I know it is gonna take me a long time, if ever, to get that, so I unlocked the Plane gunner perk at 11 kills (can't remember the name of the plane). Do you even get to unlock more as you level up, or am I stuck with this unless I prestige?

I'm not sure at what level they get unlocked. But yes you do get them unlocked. I keep finding myself changing things all the time. I have a difficult time getting anything more than an 8 kill streak. So I usually have my 3 set low. I wonder if when you prestige if these are locked again. Anyone know?

Borlaxx
01-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks boom. I am at level 15 now I think, so I have a long way to go.

Trez
01-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Cold Blooded is the perk that makes your name not show up. It also doesn't put a box around you when someone is manning an aerial attack. I think it's like UAV Jammer/Camouflage too.

Pathetic I know so much about this game and don't even own it. :-"

DB4
01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Cold Blooded is the perk that makes your name not show up. It also doesn't put a box around you when someone is manning an aerial attack. I think it's like UAV Jammer/Camouflage too.

Cold Blooded PRO actually. Standard Cold Blooded will make you invisible to UAV, Sentry Guns and Thermal.

Borlaxx
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Sounds like Cold Blooded Pro is one of the better perks.

Trez
01-28-2010, 01:47 PM

Cold Blooded PRO actually. Standard Cold Blooded will make you invisible to UAV, Sentry Guns and Thermal.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew there were differences between regular and pro. Didn't know the breakdown exactly.

Psalm
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I need to play some games tonight....I haven't played since Tuesday....anyone going to be on tonight?

zero
01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
I need to play some games tonight....I haven't played since Tuesday....anyone going to be on tonight?

I should be on most of today and tonight. Finally hit level 70 and am working on getting use to the ak now that I have it. Man that gun is all over the place some times haha. And Im trying to slowly complete challenges. So hit me up if you or any one want to get some games in. I'll make sure the mic is charged and should be good to go. Oh if I don't respond to and invite right away I always seem to miss seeing it flash in the corner. Just try again. =)

mary (zero)

DB4
01-29-2010, 04:42 PM

I should be on most of today and tonight. Finally hit level 70 and am working on getting use to the ak now that I have it. Man that gun is all over the place some times haha. And Im trying to slowly complete challenges. So hit me up if you or any one want to get some games in. I'll make sure the mic is charged and should be good to go. Oh if I don't respond to and invite right away I always seem to miss seeing it flash in the corner. Just try again. =)

mary (zero)

My wife is working an event tonight and is supposed to be off of work at like 8 pacific. That should give some time for some early evening gaming (which is very rare for me) WOOT!

Borlaxx
01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
My son is sick for the third night, and unfortunately he isn't getting better yet. I may still play later, but I may fly solo in FFA since it is likely I will be dropping out of a lot of matches. May join some of your games too.

DB4
01-30-2010, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the matches tonight Zero, Bobo, Psalm and Jaybird. I had a blast and now I know that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for me in this game.

Borlaxx
01-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Really wish I could of teamed up with you all last night, but I was having to leave many matches so playing FFA was the best choice. Hoping he feels better tonight.

I unlocked a ton of new stuff last night, and my KDR is on its way up I think at 0.81 now, and I finished second in FFA 3 times, so I have hope that once I learn the maps and get a little better at aiming I can eventually start playing at your guys level.

Hopefully c-ya online tonight!

Psalm
01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Really wish I could of teamed up with you all last night, but I was having to leave many matches so playing FFA was the best choice. Hoping he feels better tonight.

I unlocked a ton of new stuff last night, and my KDR is on its way up I think at 0.81 now, and I finished second in FFA 3 times, so I have hope that once I learn the maps and get a little better at aiming I can eventually start playing at your guys level.

Hopefully c-ya online tonight!
awesome.....hope to see ya on tonight Nate, hope your son feels better.!!!
Hey here is a Special MW2 Xbox360 signed by the IW development team....going for charity to Haitian victims....pretty cool if I had an extra Grand laying around....lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Modern-Warfare-2-Signed-by-Development-Team_W0QQitemZ140378240575QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo _Games?hash=item20af31f63f

zero
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the matches tonight Zero, Bobo, Psalm and Jaybird. I had a blast and now I know that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for me in this game.

Yeah it was fun. with the exception of my technical difficulties. =) There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. My son used to kick my but at the last 2 COD's and now I can take him. That was my goal to be able to at least keep up with him. Haha although i do have to only play him on my good days, but at least now im having good days. I tend to have great matches some days and just embarrassingly bad matches but its all in good fun and I just laugh it off. =)

Psalm
01-30-2010, 06:27 PM
got a bunch of games in today with various MP's....from Charlie to Jay to Zero and NewGuy...
Great games peeps!!! Got my KDR up to .94...inching up to 1.0...lol
got the Wargasm badge... (3 killstreak rewards in 20 seconds)...I realized it would be pretty easy to get 3(uav), 4(care package) and 5(Pred missle) in a row...lol

DB4
01-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Shout out to Lore, Girard and Zero for the matches today. Also thanks to Lore and Girard for the Show and Tell session on Estate, Karachi and Quarry. :)

A first for me today, I had 2 AC-130's in a match on Rundown back-to-back. I was running a 2-3-4 setup with Hardline. I was sitting on a whopping 2 kills when I seen an enemy care package incoming. I ran my ass over there, blasted the guy (giving me 3 kills and a CP marker) and I hijacked his AC-130. :devil: I ran over to the gas station, dropped my marker and ended up with another AC-130. >:D Needless to say I pulled out my laptop and started dropping 'em like it's hot!!

Psalm
02-01-2010, 08:40 AM
I think I read that the odds of getting a Chopper gunner or AC-130 from a care package are like 7%.....very sweet to get two in one game....
I completed everything on my M16 except for the 300 headshots...I am at 190 and I doubt I will make it.... big deal about the fall camo for the weapon....lol

Daddio
02-01-2010, 09:00 AM
I think I read that the odds of getting a Chopper gunner or AC-130 from a care package are like 7%.....very sweet to get two in one game....
I completed everything on my M16 except for the 300 headshots...I am at 190 and I doubt I will make it.... big deal about the fall camo for the weapon....lol

Yeah thats how I feel about the M4. I will keep working on my Scar and ACR till I complete all but the headshots. Getting close on both. Just need FMJ and over 500 kills right now.

lore77
02-01-2010, 11:54 AM
It was fun to play with you guys this weekend. Thanks for the tip about the window in Estate, it has come in handy already :)

I'll probably stick with the M16 for a while, I'm about 60 Kills away from FMJ. I have been running around with Ninja/ColdBloded/Bling perks using silencer and Acog on the M16 Grip and red dot on the striker. It has been working out pretty good, I have been able to avoid HBM and don't have to hide when enemy air support is around. With the silencer if I don't kill someone right away, it usually takes them a few extra seconds to figure out where I am shooting them from giving me a chance to finish them off.

Unlocked C4 this weekend, it is alot of fun expecially on cap the flag and Dom. I just plant it by one of the flags, wait till I hear "we are loosing X" click it and Boom... :))

lore77
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I almost forgot, I saw an awsome game winning kill in one game on Estate map.
A guy on the other team threw a grenade and it landed on the brim of a teammate's helmut, stuck there and then exploded.
I could just imagine the guy looking around on the ground trying to find the grenade while it's stuck on his helmut the whole time.
Cracked me up, I was laughing about it for a good 10 min :))

Borlaxx
02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Well, played a few FFA and TDM matches last night. No one else was on, so hopefully next time. I think I am at level 21, so I still have a long way to go to unlock everything. I got stabbed by someone running the Infected title last night, so now I am infected too. I was able to spread it to a few more people after that. Fun times!

Last night I was using the RPD with Red dot site and grip, Bling, Stopping Power Pro and Commando. Great set up for holding a position as I was able to drop two or three people coming at me on a couple different occasions, but if I come face to face with someone running with a SMG or shotgun I am fucked. At least got a few kills with Commando and unlocked the Impaler title, but think I will run with Infected for awhile as I love zombies and it may convince some people to let me stab them, LOL!

Psalm
02-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Damn Wife has been hogging the Ps3 for the Blue ray for days watching damn Psyche....*gah* ready to move that thing outta the bedroom.
Brotha' needs to get his game on.... I've been forced to play Reflex when the kids aren't on the livingroom TV

Psalm
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Dre', When I run the M16 I like to use Bling Pro (Silencer and red dot)and Stopping power pro. It makes a difference. If I get them above the waist with it they are done. It has almost no recoil which makes it easier to use for me.

Borlaxx
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Dre', When I run the M16 I like to use Bling Pro (Silencer and red dot)and Stopping power pro. It makes a difference. If I get them above the waist with it they are done. It has almost no recoil which makes it easier to use for me.
I have been trying to complete the last two challenges for the UMP45 (I think that is the gun) by using Bling so I can have FMJ and ACOG at the same time. Man, that gun is about worthless with the ACOG. As soon as you fire the damn site jumps way up above their head. I have better luck just using hipfire, but I have to get kills while aiming down the ACOG site to complete that challenge. However, the RPD with grip and red dot, which is a much bigger gun with what should be a much bigger kick, doesn't jump much at all. Go figure.

Psalm
02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I am not a fan of either the Acog or the Thermal sites on any weapons I have used so far. Acog on the M16 isn't terrible, But, it offers little magnification. I tried the Acog on the intervention and kinda liked it.

Daddio
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Haven't gotten the red dot yet... just got the grenade launcher add on...
I know i have to work on aiming.. I swear there are times when i guy is 20 ft in front of me and i'll unload a 30 mag on him and not touch him once.... L-) just hopeless... and try to hip fire is about as useless to me.. unless i have a shotgun that spray fires i'm good as dead...

I feel your pain.....Thats why I play hardcore. One hit dead! Havn't used the M16 much yet except when picking one up. But will try it out once I complete the Scar and ACR challeges.

Daddio
02-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I joined one of your sessions in a HC match and just got annihilated by your team... uhh was not fun..

When was that? The only team play I have had was with a new clan I am looking into ISG. I have only played with them twice. Most of teh time I play solo cuz not too many SOG players play HC. I still get my ass handed to me but not nearly as bad as regular core matches.

Psalm
02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Dude, I played Hard-camp....errr I mean Hard-core on MW2. Wow..the only luck I had was when I didn't leave my little area I spawned in on underpass....had a 5 streak, but as soon as I moved around the campers saw me...*dead* http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/owned.gif
real tough to move around much in HC...

Psalm
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Dang....was playing against a crew of noobs and had my killstreaks set to harrier (7), AC-130 (11) and Tac Nuke.....made it to 22 with the AC-130 finished it and folded up the AC-130 laptop and promptly got whacked....So close. At lease I got my Kill streak up to 22...

zero
02-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Dang....was playing against a crew of noobs and had my killstreaks set to harrier (7), AC-130 (11) and Tac Nuke.....made it to 22 with the AC-130 finished it and folded up the AC-130 laptop and promptly got whacked....So close. At lease I got my Kill streak up to 22...

I had a similar game tonight as well. Was by far the best game I have ever played on any of the COD's I was on Estate playing TDM and I went 23 kills 1 death. Never done that before. I have had that many kills but also a ton of deaths to go with. My team had hold of the house and I went upstairs and started picking people off. Got a care package and it was just ammo which actually worked in my favor for one. Ran back up stairs to the balcony hit a few more got my harrier strike. Then a shot off 2 grenades for 2 double kills and here comes the AC130. Ran to the bathroom in the hall and plopped my self down. Thankfully some one on my team was right there and realized i had the AC130 and protected me from the bad guys. Shot of round after round for a couple kills and triple kill. When I was done I had 21 and the game was almost over. Ran to the balcony threw my sticky nade and bam double kill. GAME OVER!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. Like I said by far the best match I ever had :)

Psalm
02-03-2010, 08:33 AM
I had a similar game tonight as well. Was by far the best game I have ever played on any of the COD's I was on Estate playing TDM and I went 23 kills 1 death. Never done that before. I have had that many kills but also a ton of deaths to go with. My team had hold of the house and I went upstairs and started picking people off. Got a care package and it was just ammo which actually worked in my favor for one. Ran back up stairs to the balcony hit a few more got my harrier strike. Then a shot off 2 grenades for 2 double kills and here comes the AC130. Ran to the bathroom in the hall and plopped my self down. Thankfully some one on my team was right there and realized i had the AC130 and protected me from the bad guys. Shot of round after round for a couple kills and triple kill. When I was done I had 21 and the game was almost over. Ran to the balcony threw my sticky nade and bam double kill. GAME OVER!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. Like I said by far the best match I ever had :)
Nice!!!....Its those sort of games that make up for all the crappy ones I have.....lol

Borlaxx
02-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Nice!!!....Its those sort of games that make up for all the crappy ones I have.....lol
Wow, awesome game, and you too Psalm! And here I was feeling good about my 23-7 last night in FFA L-) I've got to say, the RPD w/ Grip and Red Dot with stopping power fucking owns! Also running it with Commando and got at least 4 face to face knife kills with it last night. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel :D

Trez
02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Lucky suns a bitches... why do i keep running into a mega clan of players that just own my ass... I'm clearly doin somethin wrong..
What about mercenary TDM. Have you tried that yet?

Psalm
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Lucky suns a bitches... why do i keep running into a mega clan of players that just own my ass... I'm clearly doin somethin wrong..
What about mercenary TDM. Have you tried that yet?
Trez...it amazes me the wealth of knowledge you are for a game you haven't played yet...lol
I could pack it up and come over and play some split screen with ya...lol

Mercenary TDM is a way better alternative to TDM if you are going alone.... although I have seen clans invite other peeps in when they are not full. You just can't go in as a party.

Trez
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Trez...it amazes me the wealth of knowledge you are for a game you haven't played yet...lol
I could pack it up and come over and play some split screen with ya...lol
I'll watch, don't want to get pwned. CoD4 has Mercenary TDM too. And let's just say I'll have done plenty of homework when MW2 Reflex Edition comes out in two years. =))

zero
02-03-2010, 02:24 PM

That's the thing on that match I was in. I was on a team of a bunch a randoms. The other team was a full clan that was talking mad trash. I think it was 2 girls and 3 guys. My husband was laughing his ass off when the game was over cause he said they were probably just like WTF just happened hahah. good times i tell ya =))

Borlaxx
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM

That's the thing on that match I was in. I was on a team of a bunch a randoms. The other team was a full clan that was talking mad trash. I think it was 2 girls and 3 guys. My husband was laughing his ass off when the game was over cause he said they were probably just like WTF just happened hahah. good times i tell ya =))
LOL! That is when the excuses come. "You used nOOb tubes!" "You fucking camper!" "You all use nOOb weapons!" "My game got interrupted when mommy told me it was night night time"

DB4
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Was able to get in a bunch of games late last night and this morning. Flying mostly solo the whole time. But anyhow, I was able to get my Kill Streak up to 14, probably would've gone a little higher because the game ended when I was mid-AC-130. The other thing is that I would set up my KSR with a 7-9-11 and I couldn't count the number of times I would get to 6 and then die. *frustrating*. I eventually went to a 5-9-11 and it seemed to be the difference maker.

Damachoe ended up joining me for a few matches before I had to hang'em up. With that, I would like to formally welcome Damachoe to the group! :cheers:

Psalm
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I think the 5-7-11 KSR is the best for Deathmatch it isn't terrible hard to get....but, once you do, you almost always get the choppa gunner...
I use 5(predator) which will get me at least one (you can speed up the missle) and then I let loose of the harrier which can get between 1-6 kills (important to lay it in the right place, I see a lot of videos of people just opening and closing the laptop) and then on to AC-130 or Choppa....I usually end around 18 or 19 depending on the map....although as high as 22 last night.

DB4
02-03-2010, 08:30 PM
you are right about that Ed. the 5-9-11 was a typo. I meant to put 5-7-11. L-) However a 7-9-11 would be devastating. If I can just get past 6...

RATA MUERTA
02-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Some good games tonight with new FNG Fuzz187, I was doing well until the match after you left someone nuked us!! :((

Borlaxx
02-04-2010, 06:52 AM
It was great to finally get in some TDM matches with fellow MPs last night!!! I teamed up with Psalm, got to talk to agirard for the first time, and even got to play with brand new member dvldog. The first match we were all together and I had my best match of the night with almost 30 kills and 7 deaths with a chopper gunner from my care package. Then the next match I got my ass kicked, broke even the third, and got my ass kicked again the last match, LOL!!! At least I finally shot down a chopper last night. Looking forward to getting in some more games with you all.

Borlaxx
02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
It was great to finally get in some TDM matches with fellow MPs last night!!! I teamed up with Psalm, got to talk to agirard for the first time, and even got to play with brand new member dvldog. The first match we were all together and I had my best match of the night with almost 30 kills and 7 deaths with a chopper gunner from my care package. Then the next match I got my ass kicked, broke even the third, and got my ass kicked again the last match, LOL!!! At least I finally shot down a chopper last night. Looking forward to getting in some more games with you all.

Yeah i had a good time even though it was for just a couple games.... Look forward to more games with everyone...
In these matches i couldn't do shit.. couldn't get a care package for the life of me... in our second match i was lucky enough to get a predator missile and got a triple kill.... :cheers: got my care package and got a chopper to come in and got some kills with that.. that was a fun match...i think i finished with 18 kills in that match so i was happy... :D
Yup, I remember that triple kill. It was a thing of beauty :D

Devldawg0311
02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Had a few matches with some of the guys, was a good time ,even though I did allot worse than normal lol, to much talking and not paying attention lol, had a great time!

Semper Fi

Devldawg0311

Borlaxx
02-05-2010, 07:06 AM
I played FFA last night for awhile and I decided to try out a new weapon and perk set up. I was running with the P90 with marathon, stopping power pro and commando pro. I didn't think I would like marathon as I never much cared for the extreme conditioning perk in WAW, but man did it come in handy! I was hauling ass around quarry stabbing fools left and right! Ended up going 23-6 with at least 15 knife kills. That has me inspired to unlock the tactical knife and set up a class with the tac knife, marathon, lightweight and commando for maps that don't have a lot of open spaces. I am thinking with that set up I could potentially run fast as hell around the map the entire match just stabbing people most of the time. I need to look up what the extra perks are for marathon and lightweight pro versions. Anyone try this yet?

Jaybird
02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
I played FFA last night for awhile and I decided to try out a new weapon and perk set up. I was running with the P90 with marathon, stopping power pro and commando pro. I didn't think I would like marathon as I never much cared for the extreme conditioning perk in WAW, but man did it come in handy! I was hauling ass around quarry stabbing fools left and right! Ended up going 23-6 with at least 15 knife kills. That has me inspired to unlock the tactical knife and set up a class with the tac knife, marathon, lightweight and commando for maps that don't have a lot of open spaces. I am thinking with that set up I could potentially run fast as hell around the map the entire match just stabbing people most of the time. I need to look up what the extra perks are for marathon and lightweight pro versions. Anyone try this yet?

I think quite a few folks run similar set ups and it's quite formidable. I've been stabbed on multiple occasions from about half a mile away.

Marathon Pro allows you to climb faster and lightweight pro gives a quicker aim (I think). I have classes using both of these perks and they are good.

Borlaxx
02-05-2010, 09:11 AM

I think quite a few folks run similar set ups and it's quite formidable. I've been stabbed on multiple occasions from about half a mile away.

Marathon Pro allows you to climb faster and lightweight pro gives a quicker aim (I think). I have classes using both of these perks and they are good.
Cool. Probably try it out tonight. I unlocked the Ninja title last night for getting 50 knife kills using commando, but I think I will stick with the Infected title for now as I like spreading that title to other people as I understand it is one of the most wanted titles since you can only get it by being stabbed by someone like me who is using the title (I think I infected everyone in that quarry match) and when you do get infected it gives you XP. Plus, I like Zombies, LOL! Did notice that I have not unlocked titles and completed challenges for regular knife kills. It seems when you are using commando you cannot complete the regular knife challenges. Oh well.

Psalm
02-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Borlax you could carry around the throwing knife for even more knife goodness... I love geting throwing knife kills. love the little Bullseye XP too...lol

Borlaxx
02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Borlax you could carry around the throwing knife for even more knife goodness... I love geting throwing knife kills. love the little Bullseye XP too...lol
I may just do that. Haven't been having too much luck with frags in FFA since most people keep moving. Do you just throw it when you press the button that would normally toss a nade, and it is like the regular knife (immediate kill no matter what their health is)? Knifing people is so much better in MW2 compared to MWR because of the button layout.

Also, does anyone know if someone has last stand on if the knife just drops them into last stand instead of killing them? I though this happened to me the other day. I swore I stabbed someone, they dropped into last stand and then shot me before I could stab them again. Then again, they could have been shot by someone else I didn't see and it was probably just a coincidence. However, if you can survive a knife slash while using last stand then it makes that perk a lot more useful.

RATA MUERTA
02-05-2010, 10:23 AM
No, melee kills are instant, I don't think you can even get into Final Stand. Yes the Marathon- Commando combo is one of the most popular I would say, I use it with Lightweight, try it if you can live without the Stopping Power. Also if you can Pro out Ninja it is worth sacrificing Commando because I can't tell you how many times I have heard these runners coming up on me, this combo is in the preset classes as well with the UMP but you will need to level up your Ninja so your footsteps are silent (this class also has a tactical knife). Just a note..the Infected title only gives you xp once,for completing the challenge, after that nothing happens until you prestige again and unlock the challenge. Also did you get the STD title? This is another you might be interested in, it is the opposite of the infected title ( YOU have to knife someone who has this callsign on THEIR name)
*edit* the Marathon Pro let you climb/ jump over things faster, Lightweight Pro gives you faster aiming (pulling out your gun) AFTER SPRINTING, and Sleigh of hand Pro gives you Faster ADS.

Borlaxx
02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
No, melee kills are instant, I don't think you can even get into Final Stand. Yes the Marathon- Commando combo is one of the most popular I would say, I use it with Lightweight, try it if you can live without the Stopping Power. Also if you can Pro out Ninja it is worth sacrificing Commando because I can't tell you how many times I have heard these runners coming up on me, this combo is in the preset classes as well with the UMP but you will need to level up your Ninja so your footsteps are silent (this class also has a tactical knife). Just a note..the Infected title only gives you xp once,for completing the challenge, after that nothing happens until you prestige again and unlock the challenge. Also did you get the STD title? This is another you might be interested in, it is the opposite of the infected title ( YOU have to knife someone who has this callsign on THEIR name)
Yup, I am going to try a class with marathon and lightweight. Stopping power doesn't seem to make much of a difference anyway. I haven't unlocked ninja yet but I will try it when I do.

I know I don't get more XP for infecting people, but I like the zombie pic and I like spreading the infection, LOL! Have had a few people using mics actually thank me for stabbing them, which is pretty damn funny! Haven't come across anyone with the STD title yet.

RATA MUERTA
02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Yup, I am going to try a class with marathon and lightweight. Stopping power doesn't seem to make much of a difference anyway. I haven't unlocked ninja yet but I will try it when I do.

I know I don't get more XP for infecting people, but I like the zombie pic and I like spreading the infection, LOL! Have had a few people using mics actually thank me for stabbing them, which is pretty damn funny! Haven't come across anyone with the STD title yet.
Try some of the Search and Destroy games, that is where I got mine.

Borlaxx
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
[quote="RATA MUERTA":3gwks8cs]No, melee kills are instant, I don't think you can even get into Final Stand. Yes the Marathon- Commando combo is one of the most popular I would say, I use it with Lightweight, try it if you can live without the Stopping Power. Also if you can Pro out Ninja it is worth sacrificing Commando because I can't tell you how many times I have heard these runners coming up on me, this combo is in the preset classes as well with the UMP but you will need to level up your Ninja so your footsteps are silent (this class also has a tactical knife). Just a note..the Infected title only gives you xp once,for completing the challenge, after that nothing happens until you prestige again and unlock the challenge. Also did you get the STD title? This is another you might be interested in, it is the opposite of the infected title ( YOU have to knife someone who has this callsign on THEIR name)

Try some of the Search and Destroy games, that is where I got mine.[/quote:3gwks8cs]
You got a STD from SD?!?! =p~

Sorry, couldn't resist. =))

Psalm
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I've got the STD title and the infected....I could hook you up...If you have some chesseburgers? =))
we could go into a private room...
or we could do it in FFA for all to see..... :sick:

Borlaxx
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I've got the STD title and the infected....I could hook you up...If you have some chesseburgers? =))
we could go into a private room...
or we could do it in FFA for all to see..... :sick:
:sick: =))

No thanks. Already got the Voyeur title

Psalm
02-05-2010, 11:04 AM
lol...yeah when you strap on the STD title....fools come a running with the Knifes blazing....lol

DB4
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
lol...yeah when you strap on the STD title....fools come a running with the Knifes blazing....lol

If you play your cards right, you can use the STD title to you advantage. I remember a match when I announced that I was wearing the title and i had the whole opposite team rush me in the match. If you are using STD, I would throw on Stopping Power for sure, keeping a claymore near you may not be a bad idea either. Wasteland would be the best map to sport the title since it's so wide open, you will be able to see the dumb asses coming to knife you a mile away.

Borlaxx
02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I tried out a class with the P90 with rapid fire, marathon, lightweight and commando pro this afternoon in a FFA match and went 20-7 on my first match just running around like a lunatic in scrapyard! LOL! It was great just hauling ass around the map and stabbing people left and right. I was moving so fast there were at least 3 times someone shot me from behind, I ran away from them, circled around behind them and stabbed them in the back. I am going to try the same set up with a AR because the one thing negative I noticed is the P90 sucks for accuracy, so if I wasn't close when I saw them I was screwed. Think I will try one of the ARs so I can take people out that are too far away for me to rush and stab. I am assuming I will be moving slower with a AR than with an SMG even with lightweight, but I want to try it out. I will still probably unlock the tac knife, but the setup is pretty deadly without it.

RATA MUERTA
02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
I will still probably unlock the tac knife, but the setup is pretty deadly without it.
Just wait until you try it....

Borlaxx
02-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Sorry for bailing on you guys last in TDM but I wasn't feeling well and after getting my ass kicked match after match I was starting to get angry so decided to bail. That other clan was very good, but I also seemed to have a laggy connection because when I would watch the killcam it didn't even show me firing at them or knifing at them half the time even when I was doing so as I died. Went into FFA and got first place twice in a row and got a new high KS of 14. Probably going to play some more tonight and will try my luck in TDM again, but it is going to take some time for me to catch up to all of your skill levels so I hope you don't mind me dragging down the team until I get better.

Psalm
02-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Sorry for bailing on you guys last in TDM but I wasn't feeling well and after getting my ass kicked match after match I was starting to get angry so decided to bail. That other clan was very good, but I also seemed to have a laggy connection because when I would watch the killcam it didn't even show me firing at them or knifing at them half the time even when I was doing so as I died. Went into FFA and got first place twice in a row and got a new high KS of 14. Probably going to play some more tonight and will try my luck in TDM again, but it is going to take some time for me to catch up to all of your skill levels so I hope you don't mind me dragging down the team until I get better.
Nate, those matches were laggy. You weren't dragging us down, we all were just getting hammered. How cool was it having a full 5 man team on the PS3...man, didn't think I would see that. Great times, mediocre games lol!!!

Borlaxx
02-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Yup, that was cool. Hopefully we can do it again with a better connection.

Daemachoe
02-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Last night before I hooked up w/ some of you guys I had an epic TDM in the Terminal. Final tally? aWHOPPING 32-8. I somehow managed to go on a rampage WITHOUT any killstreaks (other than UAV) because as you all know Terminal map is not conducive to pavlow & Harrier. 32 is the largest kills I ever got in a single game.

At one point I was next to the bookstore in front of the metal detectors and ended up being surrounded by 6 guys 3 at a time and managed to kill all before 7th one noobtubed me...

Thought I would share this amazing game with you all.

Also I apologize for not signing on early last night, ended up watching Princess & The Frog with the lil'un...

Psalm
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the props Girard...I was leveling up my stealth knife slashing combo. unlocked the tactical knife on the Desert eagle. Man, that beast is not very accurate but, when you hit them...they stay down..lol
I had a nice 12 kill streak with my tac knife only on rundown...I just hung around the middle buildings and kept slicing them as they ran into the second floor. Got my KDR up to .99...but, I prestiged. SO i am doubting I will make it to 1.0....but, you never know, I do like the famas ;)

DB4
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
just need to unlock some attachment and i might finally be happy with a gun other than the SCAR..

I switched from the SCAR-H as my primary to the TAR-21. It's basically the same gun with a better rate of fire, but slightly less accurate. After switching to the Tar, going back to the Scar was a big no, no for me. The rate of fire on the Tar is well worth the accuracty drop. I think that once you get used to the ACR (which is fast and furious) going back to anything slower will be a semi-tough transition. The ACR is deadly accurate too.

Psalm
02-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Had to drop this here as proof I actually made it to 1.00 on my KDR....phew. It will probably never be that again...lol.
Good game Jaybird, Ellison. Sorry I had to split after that...life calls.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs196.snc3/20336_295604054905_559049905_3271807_5359201_n.jpg

Daddio
02-09-2010, 08:40 AM
[/img]

#:-s good thing you don't see mine on that list!!!

Same thing I was thinking...

Psalm
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
[/img]

Same thing I was thinking...
I can page down if you prefer....lol

Borlaxx
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
My KDR I think is about 0.89, which is better than I thought it would be at this point. However, since I have been mainly playing FFA and you only win if you get first, my WLR is 0.04 :))

Jaybird
02-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Played Wasteland last night and my team got nuked. That's the first time I've been on the receiving end of a nuke so I got the Toxic title.

Getting the nuke is pretty amazing in any event. However, this guy got it in less than 2 minutes. Not kidding.

I was set up with a sniper class working the fringes of the map and I never actually saw him, except I was on the receiving end of about 5 chopper gunner kills when I kept re-spawning out in the open. If it was legit, it was amazing. If he was glitching (and I have no reason to think he was), then whatever.

DB4
02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Had to drop this here as proof I actually made it to 1.00 on my KDR....phew. It will probably never be that again...lol.
Good game Jaybird, Ellison. Sorry I had to split after that...life calls.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs196.snc3/20336_295604054905_559049905_3271807_5359201_n.jpg

Good thing you don't see me either ;) ... :-$

Psalm
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Good games Jaybird, Devldog and Ellison last night...untill that kid "BlAiNe" showed up it was great chatting and talking smack between us and the other guys. Damn kids who get a mic in front of them... 8-}

Devldawg0311
02-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Good games Jaybird, Devldog and Ellison last night...untill that kid "BlAiNe" showed up it was great chatting and talking smack between us and the other guys. Damn kids who get a mic in front of them... 8-}

LOL rgr that. Sorry for bailing, but the wife wanted the bedroom TV back so it took me a few to reconnect it to the family room set. Had a blast last night, even with that babbling fool of a child lol. Ill be on tonight of course, the game is like crack, wonder what I think after I hit 70, which should be in the next few day at the rate I've been playing.

Semper Fi

Psalm
02-10-2010, 05:01 PM

LOL rgr that. Sorry for bailing, but the wife wanted the bedroom TV back so it took me a few to reconnect it to the family room set. Had a blast last night, even with that babbling fool of a child lol. Ill be on tonight of course, the game is like crack, wonder what I think after I hit 70, which should be in the next few day at the rate I've been playing.

Semper Fi
It is like crack...My wife think I am addicted to this more than I was World at War....(I am...lol)
See ya tonight probably!!!

Psalm
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I was able to get a couple games in last night before the warden stepped in and sent me to solitary confinement for the rest of the night.... No real big accomplishment from my end, all i can say since it was the first time that i played a match on Rust and that board is a f'ing graveyard... i don't know how many time i respawned right infront of the enemy ... but i must say some of the guys felt the fury of my "Ranger" though :devil: ... was able to unlock akimbo so i'll have to match it up with Marathon Pro and Lightweight and just run and gun for a bit and see if i have any fun with that..

Psalm (Ed)... was looking at the leaderboards last night.. you're BIL is just downright filthy at this game.... :-o
I like to use bling with Akimboed Rangers and FMJ.....shweet

Yeah...my BIL is sick. He has a 50 something best streak... said he got 2 nukes in a game last week....and has a 2.30+ kdr.
He was (is still) ranked in the top 25 in the world in World at war on the Xbox360 (3.00+ kdr) he spent 50+ days playing that game....lol

DB4
02-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Nice to get a couple games in with Daddio last night. My first match was HCTDM and I went 18 - 1 on Skidrow. Started off 10 - 0, one kill away from an AC-130 (dammit). The nicest part of that game for me was finish off the match with a game winning "chuck norris enhanced" predator missle. :devil:

@Daddio, NewGuy and DSDave. Sorry I had to bounce on you guys last night prematurely. I was expecting to have another hour or so of gametime left when...surprise, surprise...the wife decided to come home early. Had no choice but to hang'em up at that point.

Borlaxx
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Got in a couple matches with Chesty this afternoon. Great to get in some games with an old friend. Still not doing as well in TDM than in FFA, but getting better and learning to slow it down. Been running mainly with RPD w/ grip and either silencer or recently FMJ, stinger, bling pro, cold blooded, and ninja. I think I have somewhere between 20-30 killstreak bonuses destroyed towards getting cold blooded pro. Prob only gonna run with ninja to get the bonus for getting the pro version as doesn't seem nearly as usefull.

Borlaxx
02-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry for not joining up with anyone this weekend. I decided I don't give a shit about my KDR so I am trying to complete some of my challenges I was ignoring and I find it easier to complete some of them in FFA. Almost got Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro unlocked. I unlocked the Steyr AUG HBAR LMG this weekend and I LOVE it!!!!! I think it is better than my trusty RPD because it is a lot more accurate, doesn't jump around like hell, and reloads A LOT faster (but does hold less ammo). I was running these three main classes this weekend to try to unlock pro versions of perks and complete challenges:

For Large Maps with lots of cover
HBAR w/ grip (will add red dot with bling pro once I unlock that attachment)
Stinger
Frag/Flash
Marathon (only a couple more miles to Marathon Pro)
Cold Blooded (only about 20 more kill streaks to destroy until Cold Blooded Pro)
Ninja (only about 20 more kills to Ninja Pro)

For Small Maps like Rust, Scrapyard and Highrise
P90 w/ Red Dot
Frag/Flash
Magnum (trying to unlock tac knife - but taking FOREVER!)
Marathon
Lightweight (only a couple more miles to Lightweight Pro)
Commando Pro

For open maps like Afgan, Estate, and Quarry
SCAR w/ Grenade Launcher
Thumper
Claymore/Flash
Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro (unlocked the pro version rather quickly with this set up after only earning the regular perk Saturday night)
Commando Pro

OMG, that last one with the GL is fucking sick!!!! No wonder people hate these so much! I only used the GL attachment once before I unlocked Danger Close, but then I decided to set up this class so I could get the bonus for Danger Close Pro. Holy crap this set up is devastating on FFA and even on TDM. With Scavenger Pro you basically will never run out of RGs and Claymore. You lay down a claymore, kill someone with a rifle nade, pick up this pack to reload your RGs and claymores, repeat. With Danger close you don't even need to hit that close to them, and if they are too close to use the RGs then I just knife them with Commando Pro. I had my voice volume all the way down, but I saw the mic icon flashing from many people between matches, and I am pretty sure at least some of them were cussing me out =)) This will be my go to class when I am sucking in the aim department and just want to kill someone. Got my second plane gunner this weekend using this class.

Psalm
02-15-2010, 10:48 AM
On your P90 setup.
There is a default unlocked already with this exact setup except it uses a different subby ( I think the p90 sucks anyway in this game)...You can use it to get your kills for the magnum by knifing people with the Tact knife.
Tact knife kills count towards pistol kills...easy way to level up the magnum

Trez
02-15-2010, 10:53 AM
I unlocked the Steyr AUG HBAR LMG this weekend and I LOVE it!!!!!
I saw a video of a guy using this on a Dom Termial match. His team had them spawn trapped and he was just wall banging them endlessly. He went 98:6 or some shit.

I was going to recommend this weapon for you.

Got my second plane gunner this weekend using this class.
Do you mean a chopper gunner or an AC130? :smug:
Get anymore of those stinger missiles? :p

Borlaxx
02-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Do you mean a chopper gunner or an AC130? :smug:
Get anymore of those stinger missiles? :p
Well, Mr. Smartypants, which one of those is a plane? :tongue: And yes, I get plenty of UAV and choppers with my Stinger secondary B-)

On your P90 setup.
There is a default unlocked already with this exact setup except it uses a different subby ( I think the p90 sucks anyway in this game)...You can use it to get your kills for the magnum by knifing people with the Tact knife.
Tact knife kills count towards pistol kills...easy way to level up the magnum

I will have to try that to get the tac knife. I disagree on the p90. It is devastating at close to mid range IMO.

Psalm
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Funny thing is unlike W@W or MWR....I almost only use Assualt rifles on this game...they are just too good. ACR+Slight of hand Pro+Stopping power= many kills for me.

Borlaxx
02-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Funny thing is unlike W@W or MWR....I almost only use Assualt rifles on this game...they are just too good. ACR+Slight of hand Pro+Stopping power= many kills for me.
Have you tried the Steyr AUG HBAR LMG? To me it handles more like a AR than a LMG, and with the grip the accuracy stat is almost maxed out.

Trez
02-15-2010, 11:09 AM
LOL! Just giving you a hard time about when you mistakenly called the Predator the Stinger.
You have surpassed n00b status so I will so I will stop giving you a hard time. ;)

Psalm
02-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Have you tried the Steyr AUG HBAR LMG? To me it handles more like a AR than a LMG, and with the grip the accuracy stat is almost maxed out.
Yeah...actually I did in my first go around.. I liked it alot. Best LMG for sure. Fantastic with the red dot and silencer. I used it quite a bit.

02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks for matches this weekend Borlax! Was bummed I could only get a couple in, but there will be more in the future.

Just as a fyi to the friendly MP's if I send you an invite I'm solo or with a good friend, so don't worry about feeling uncomfortable about joining with crazy raving ps3 fanboys like myself :) I play with everyone, mp's, sog's, non-affiliated players, doesn't matter, so always feel free to shoot me invites or join session too if you see me around.

Ed, we had a party with 4 Marines in it, myself included, and well, blew away the other team so much they were too tired to even talk smack in the lobby. We had troubles connecting and getting good hosts so we ended up disbanding. Next time i'll shoot you a special message first to see if you are interested.

Borlaxx
02-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for matches this weekend Borlax! Was bummed I could only get a couple in, but there will be more in the future.
Looking forward to it!!! Man, that FFA in Rust was pure chaos! If I remember correctly we got second and third. I was actively looking for you, but it seemed as soon as I would see you someone else would shoot me most of the time. However, I do have to thank you for being my 7th kill for attack heli on that map while I was camping in the middle of the map under the walkway :devil:

Psalm
02-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Good games with Jaybird and Devldawg0311 we had some great matches.... I was on a tear for awhile. I love estate as there are so many good places to open up a can....got my KDR up to 1.02.... Good fun!!! finished up the night around midnight (couldn't sleep and turned it back on) with a sweet match on Terminal in Merc TDM went 41-14...started 8-0 and got this crazy emergency air drop of AC-130, Stealth Bomber, EMP and percision airstrike. Just detroyed them from there...I dropped the emer. airdrop outside the plane and the the other team rolled up on me like crazy....immediately dropped the percison airstrike on the outside area...(they were still hunting me) and got the Carpet bomb bling...(killed all 6 of them with one airstrike)...it was all uphill from there...lol

Borlaxx
02-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Good games with Jaybird and Devldawg0311 we had some great matches.... I was on a tear for awhile. I love estate as there are so many good places to open up a can....got my KDR up to 1.02.... Good fun!!! finished up the night around midnight (couldn't sleep and turned it back on) with a sweet match on Terminal in Merc TDM went 41-14...started 8-0 and got this crazy emergency air drop of AC-130, Stealth Bomber, EMP and percision airstrike. Just detroyed them from there...I dropped the emer. airdrop outside the plane and the the other team rolled up on me like crazy....immediately dropped the percison airstrike on the outside area...(they were still hunting me) and got the Carpet bomb bling...(killed all 6 of them with one airstrike)...it was all uphill from there...lol
Damn! Epic Win!!!

Sorry for not taking invites last night. Thought I would only be playing for a match or two so went into FFA, but then got addicted and played for over an hour, LOL!

Trez
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Damn Psalm you need to get a recorder. Epic indeed! :D

Psalm
02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Damn Psalm you need to get a recorder. Epic indeed! :D
Thanks....yeah, I wish i could have recorded that monster...Best game I will probably ever have. I had planned on getting a recorder after Christmas, but just haven't yet...

Borlaxx
02-16-2010, 06:56 PM
I had my best match to date in FFA this afternoon going 29-3 on Quarry with an 18 killstreak (my new high over prior 14)!!!! I would have gone 28-1, but with one minute left I really wanted that last kill to close out the FFA with the max 30 kills and finally get a game winning kill came, so I got sloppy and just started to run around. I had my last kill lined up and was right about to pull the trigger when the time ran out. Oh well, LOL! I was running the FAL (my new fav weapon) with rifle nades, scavenger pro, danger close pro and commando pro. I only got a couple kills with the rifle nades but I got a TON with the FAL even without Stopping Power. That gun is sick! Extremely accurate, high damage, fairly large clip, no kick whatsoever, and even though it is a single shot I think if you pull the trigger fast enough it actually fires faster than some of the other automatic ARs. Unlocked the Red Dot site for it, so I think next match instead I will be running it with the red dot, marathon, stopping power pro and ninja. I can't wait to unlock more for it and complete more challenges and run a class with it with Red dot, silencer, bling pro, stopping power pro and ninja pro :devil:

Borlaxx
02-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Sorry for not sticking around after that one FFA match psalm. I knew my wife was gonna be coming home any minute, and sure enough she came home early in the next match and I had to bail. Unfortunately that was after I was going 5-0 about 1 min into that wasteland match :( Also had my voice volume all the way down so couldn't hear what u were saying.

I finally got a game winning killcam in a FFA match on scrapyard, and it was with an attack heli no less and got me the OG title for finishing the match with a chopper kill. I got all the best accolades for that match including highest KDR, longest kill streak, most kills/fewest deaths. It was great! Then psalm joins the next match and I get my ass kicked, LOL! I got second during that match, but got killed a lot, several times by psalm. Hope to get in some more games tonight.

Psalm
02-17-2010, 08:39 AM
LOL....I haven't played that much FFA on MW2. Man, I forgot how intense it can be. Terminal is a crazy map for FFA. Had a dude spawn right in front of me by the burger town. also I once spawned behind the metal detectors and another guy spawned right behind 2 seconds later and killed me....lol
That was funny on that wasteland map... you where host so when you left it migrated... I went on to win that match with a 24-10... I stayed over at the house to the left of the helicopter most of the match and aced people with my scar as they ran out around the hedges.....good times

heretictear
02-18-2010, 03:11 AM
I finally finished the nuke killstreak challenge. Had some great games the past few days. Managed to get 4 nukes Tuesday night in about 4 hours of gameplay. It was crazy. Some advice for everyone that doesn't have one set up:Make a coldblooded class with a stinger or a javelin as your secondary. I loved getting the nukes but was astonished that no one was shooting down my harriers and chopper gunners. Anyways, if anyone is up for some Ground War, hit me up. Would be kinda cool to see a ton of MP's on a team. Good gaming everyone.

Borlaxx
02-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Got a couple games in yesterday after work... Well i'm workin on getting the Danger Close perk and well i was runnin around with my grenade launcher and i was noob tubin all game long and just had guys :cuss: after each game... couldn't help myself but =)) at what they were sayin.
Best kills with a grenade launcher is hitting one of those oil/gas tanks that you see on Terminal, Highrise... :devil:
Yup, they get pissed when you n00b tube all match.......which just motivates me to use them the next match, too :-"

Psalm
02-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Well, I think I am hosed. My issues with my MW2 disk are getting worse each time I use it.. could only play one game then it would lock up...reset my PS3 and it would work for a match or 2...then it locks up again. I played both Spec Ops and the single player and it does the same thing...played uncharted and GT 5 for a few hours and they worked fine....gah guess I'll have to get a new game..maybe I will rent a MW2 to make sure that is the issue.

Borlaxx
02-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Check the message boards to see if perhaps it is an issue with the recent update. Does your disk look messed up? I thought I heard a couple people this afternoon say they were getting booted off of the psn.

Kiwin
02-20-2010, 04:59 AM
I've had some issues with PSN for the last week or so. I seem to randomly be getting signed off. Sometimes only within a few minuttes of timespace.

Psalm
02-20-2010, 04:51 PM
actually, I don't get booted off the PSN. PS3 just locks up. I played about 10 matches this morning and it worked fine after an extensive disk cleaning. ( I saw some stripes from the inside to the outside of the disk, but they cleaned off) I am totally lost with whats up. Also I think if the PS3 is left on all day and I try in the evening it is worse, Fresh after it's been off for hours it works for awhile...I'll post in the Tech issues thread if it continues.

DB4
02-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Getting my MW2 groove back. I will be looking forward to some MP matches soon. Got some new peeps that I have yet to hook up with in game. See you all on the battlefield soon. Probably next week.

Borlaxx
02-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry for not talking the invite last night Boston. I knew I only had a round or two left in me before it was time for bed.

Last night was the first time I have played MW2 in over a week, and I did pretty good. My KDR is up to 0.98, but I have relatively few matches under my belt, so one bad match can make that drop. On the last FFA match of the night I went 28-10 on Wasteland and got the Steamroller, MVP and Immortal accolades. I wish I could have got the game winning kill came with my 28th kill instead of having to reach 30 in FFA. I saw that time was almost up so I ran into the bunker, FAL blazzing. Took one guy out standing in the entrance, another out coming from the opposite end towards me, and then a third out that came around the corner from the right. One, two, three kills all with a single clip of the FAL within 6 seconds. WOOT!

BostonIrish
02-26-2010, 09:46 AM
No problem. Nice job on your game. I think I've only had one game where I got over 25 kills. It's been over a month ago, so I forget the details - but I remember it being a lot of fun. I guess it's those kind of games that make you hang in there when you are getting it handed to you 2-10.

BostonIrish
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
That kind of game drives me crazy. Sometimes I just wait to respawn for a few seconds, change to a different class, and try to figure out what I need to do different to stop the massacre. Seems like what helps a little for me at that point of a game is to go to a class that has lightweight, marathon, ninja pro and a weapon with good mobility - and start running like crazy to at least get a few knife kills.

BostonIrish
02-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I was playing TDM on Rust last night getting owned by someone running around fast with his knife. I was only getting a kill in every so often - and it was driving me nuts. I somehow ended up earning "The harder they fall" just by getting a kill on this guy five times in a row. I think my final ratio might have only been 6-16 or something like that. I thought it was a funny way to earn that award.

Spike Forehand
02-26-2010, 07:00 PM
No problem. Nice job on your game. I think I've only had one game where I got over 25 kills. It's been over a month ago, so I forget the details - but I remember it being a lot of fun. I guess it's those kind of games that make you hang in there when you are getting it handed to you 2-10.

or 0-11 or even better... 0-17 which happened the other night when i couldn't a damn thing.. you could of put a mannequin in front of me and it would have killed me in some way or another...

Gald that I'm not the only one it happens to. What I find is that I play pretty good for the first 6-10 matches I play, but after I've been at it for a couple of hours then I start to play bad and get hit with the 1-10 match or something. What I usually do when it gets really bad is change class to the riot shield with the throwing knife. I totally suck with it, but it never fails to get me laughing and there's nothing quite like finally making a knife throw kill.

DB4
02-28-2010, 11:45 PM
I decided I would have a "F*** tha KDR Night" and play some Domination. I was back to my old typical ways rushing flags like a madman, getting a negative KDR, yet finishing with one of the highest scores on my team...dominator accolade... whatever. But there was one match on Run Down that my team just owned. Midway through the match I looked down and the score was 108 - 5!! I was like OMG, especially since one of the guys on the other team was a good player (he was one kill away from a nuke a couple matches earlier). The match finished with a final score of 200 - 33. That was the most lopsided Domination match that I have ever played. I noticed that Borlaxx jumped in at the end of that match, too. Not sure if he actually got into the match or just appeared in the lobby after the game...hopefully he didn't spawn in on the other team and get the Loss...they were pathetic.

Kiwin
03-01-2010, 09:01 AM
So yesterday I got my first nuke.

I was playing Ground War domination on Sub Base. My team started at C. I was running M16 with the 203 Grenade Laucher (Pro Pipe!). I was able to stand back behind B, in the area under the staircases, and pretty much spam grenades into the tunnel leading from A to B. This made me my first 7 kills and my Harrier. I was so lucky to have a claymore put down behind me around a corner which would take care of 2 guys who wanted to get an easy revenge kill on me. The Harrier gave me up to 12 kills and my Chopper Gunner. I ran back behind C where we spawned and brought out the Chopper. This bad boy got me up to 22 kills since we spawn trapped the other team at A. Afterwards I ran back to my original spot and continued lobbing nades into the tunnel. At this point my fingers where really shaky and I was getting pretty nervous, :) But I managed to keep the cool and kept tubing people until I reached a 32 kill streak, at which point i blew the Nuke. Apparently it didn't add the kills on my streak, even though I ended the game 38-2-1.

Borlaxx
03-01-2010, 09:13 AM
So yesterday I got my first nuke.

I was playing Ground War domination on Sub Base. My team started at C. I was running M16 with the 203 Grenade Laucher (Pro Pipe!). I was able to stand back behind B, in the area under the staircases, and pretty much spam grenades into the tunnel leading from A to B. This made me my first 7 kills and my Harrier. I was so lucky to have a claymore put down behind me around a corner which would take care of 2 guys who wanted to get an easy revenge kill on me. The Harrier gave me up to 12 kills and my Chopper Gunner. I ran back behind C where we spawned and brought out the Chopper. This bad boy got me up to 22 kills since we spawn trapped the other team at A. Afterwards I ran back to my original spot and continued lobbing nades into the tunnel. At this point my fingers where really shaky and I was getting pretty nervous, :) But I managed to keep the cool and kept tubing people until I reached a 32 kill streak, at which point i blew the Nuke. Apparently it didn't add the kills on my streak, even though I ended the game 38-2-1.
Awesome!

Borlaxx
03-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I decided I would have a "F*** tha KDR Night" and play some Domination. I was back to my old typical ways rushing flags like a madman, getting a negative KDR, yet finishing with one of the highest scores on my team...dominator accolade... whatever. But there was one match on Run Down that my team just owned. Midway through the match I looked down and the score was 108 - 5!! I was like OMG, especially since one of the guys on the other team was a good player (he was one kill away from a nuke a couple matches earlier). The match finished with a final score of 200 - 33. That was the most lopsided Domination match that I have ever played. I noticed that Borlaxx jumped in at the end of that match, too. Not sure if he actually got into the match or just appeared in the lobby after the game...hopefully he didn't spawn in on the other team and get the Loss...they were pathetic.
I got in on the last 90 seconds of that match. I think I went 4-1 in that 90 seconds and was doing pretty good and was right about to get my predator when the match ended and I noticed my team only had 33 points, LOL!!! Was gonna send you an invite but I only had time for a couple more matches and didn't want to make you leave the match you were in.

Last night I started using the M16A4 last night for the first time. I love this gun! The first match I used it on was a FFA match and I ended up winning the match going 22-6 with no attachments, claymore, scavenger pro, stopping power pro and ninja pro. Unlocked the rifle nades during that one match and then unlocked the red dot the next match. I think I may end up liking this gun more than the FAL. Their stats are almost identical, but I am liking the fact that with stopping power one three round burst will kill someone rather than having to pull the trigger at least twice for the single shot FAL. The only thing I like more about the FAL is it doesn't jump as much if you are firing shot after shot at someone far away, but I still wasn't having much of an issue with the M16A4 because got my ABK title while using it by getting three long distance kills during the same killstreak.

killerjaxx
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
i just thought i would mention that i went into a teamdeathmatch the other day and got merged with a clan party i think they were called [SE12] or something similar and they were all prestige 8,9 and 10 and OMG did we get oblitorated 1700 : 7500 in about 3 minutes, my personal score: 4 kills 17 deaths > game summary > leave lobby? > yes

Kiwin
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I had two great Domination games earlier today, first one was in Rundown where I ended with a 22-2-2 score. I got a 21 killstreak after mowing down snipers in various buildings with my ninja kit. My predator failed to hit anyone, but I got the last kills needed for the harrier with my UMP. Then I just had to wait until I could get the AC-130.

Other game was straight after, domination in Afghan. I was pro pipe'ing in the cave in the middle and we had the other team more or less trapped around A. I got enough kills for the harrier eventually, which took down 5 people with the airstrike alone. nice little challenge complete there :) Then I let the AC 130 rip em a new one. Ended the game 32-4-1. I died in the end literally 5 seconds before the game ended. Almost a flawless :)

I get these great games and I think I'm the man! until I get 2-3 games in a row where i can barely maintain a 1.00 kdr :sigh:

Borlaxx
03-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for joining me for a few matches last night DV8. Sorry I didn't have my mic on, but it was really windy last night and the vent on our roof needs to be fixed so whenever it is really windy it makes a horrific metal on metal grinding noise that I am sure no one wanted to hear over the voice chat. If I remember correctly we both did pretty good. Not great, but positive KDRs each match I think. I know I am not much higher than newb status at this point, but I think you are pretty damn good for just starting to play and I can tell you will be owning in no time. My wife came home during that match on Rust. Probably for the best as I was starting to get my ass kicked before I dropped out. Hopefully get some more games in with you soon, this time with my mic on.

Psalm
03-03-2010, 04:16 PM
thought this was funny!!!!....this is what pops up on the PC version.....lol

Borlaxx
03-03-2010, 05:11 PM
thought this was funny!!!!....this is what pops up on the PC version.....lol
BwaaHaaHaa!!!!

lore77
03-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Those battles were pretty crazy, lots of deaths and kills. Most of the ppl in those games seemed to know what they are doing, everyone kept trying to flank eachother and come at eachother from all possible directions. There was a bunch of killing and dieing but, it was alot of fun... I think those kinds of battles are more fun then some of the camp fest matches I have been in. People were not abusing the tube too badly either which made it more fun.. good times, glad I was able to squeeze in a few games with you Girard :cheers:

phogman
03-04-2010, 12:15 PM
I played groundwar last night some and got real frustrated with all the noob tubes. It was ugly for me. I bet I had 20 deaths where I got spawn killed by a noob tube. HCTDM is OK but takes some getting used to. It seems like there is WAY more camping in HCTDM.

Borlaxx
03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
It was great to get in some TDM with PaleRider, Spike and DV8 last night! I haven't teamed up many times since I was addicted to FFA cuz I sucked and found it easier to get kills, but I have been getting used to TDM again so I am looking forward to more team battles. DV8, great to finally hear your voice after playing against you so many times in W@W and MWR. Even if you decide not to join Team MP I hope we can continue to team up. PaleRider and Spike, great to finally get some matches in with you both (I think this was the first time :-? ).

Overall if I remember correctly we did pretty good. I think we won the first several matches (a couple just me and DV8) but lost the last two, and we got our asses kicked by that sniper on Derail. The last one I was in on Wasteland we lost too, but that one was closer if I remember correctly. I started out that match horribly, going 1-8 at one point, but I pulled my shit together and ended up 15-10. I think I only had one match with a slight negative KDR, and broke even or got a positive KDR every other time. All in all I was pleased with my ability to hold my own and not make a total ass of myself. Even when we lose I still have a great time playing with friends! Hopefully will get some more gaming time tonight.

Psalm
03-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I'll try to get on MW2 tonight...damn BC2 is so addictive....

Borlaxx
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I'll try to get on MW2 tonight...damn BC2 is so addictive....
I was checking out more vids and articles on that game. It does sound and look pretty damn sweet. Still, I have a lot more to get out of MW2 before I move on to a new FPS. If people are still playing it in a few months I may get it then, but at that point the new COD will be coming out soon in November, so who knows.

DV8mAn
03-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah, Borlax and company that was a blast last night. Haven't had a true team in this game yet. Last night and the 4 of us started to mesh those last few matches. Look forward to doing it again! I have MAG in the car right now ... may be trading today for BC2. Psalms only comment on BC2: "awesome"

BostonIrish
03-05-2010, 09:19 AM
That was fun last night. I definitely enjoy the game a lot more when there are friends to play it with. I usually try sniping on Derail and Wasteland, but when I'm on a team with friends, I feel like I need to contribute more to the team by moving around and trying to get more kills (unfortunately, I didn't do too well with that either). I'm looking forward to more games.

03-05-2010, 09:31 AM
"the new COD will be coming out soon in November"

Do you mean Medal Of Honor? That one will be a MUST have for me. Check out www.medalofhonor.com (http://www.medalofhonor.com) for more details.

Back to the topic .....

Did a join session with Bobo last night, thanks for some fun games! Although we both primarily snipe, I didn't see you too much when you were on the other team lol :)) Glad to see I found another HardCore player though, we seem hard to come by in MW2. :-?

Borlaxx
03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Borlax and company that was a blast last night. Haven't had a true team in this game yet. Last night and the 4 of us started to mesh those last few matches. Look forward to doing it again! I have MAG in the car right now ... may be trading today for BC2. Psalms only comment on BC2: "awesome"
:(( As soon as I start getting into TDM people jump ship to another game. LOL! Oh well L-)

Spike Forehand
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
It was great to get in some TDM with PaleRider, Spike and DV8 last night! I haven't teamed up many times since I was addicted to FFA cuz I sucked and found it easier to get kills, but I have been getting used to TDM again so I am looking forward to more team battles. DV8, great to finally hear your voice after playing against you so many times in W@W and MWR. Even if you decide not to join Team MP I hope we can continue to team up. PaleRider and Spike, great to finally get some matches in with you both (I think this was the first time :-? ).

Overall if I remember correctly we did pretty good. I think we won the first several matches (a couple just me and DV8) but lost the last two, and we got our asses kicked by that sniper on Derail. The last one I was in on Wasteland we lost too, but that one was closer if I remember correctly. I started out that match horribly, going 1-8 at one point, but I pulled my **** together and ended up 15-10. I think I only had one match with a slight negative KDR, and broke even or got a positive KDR every other time. All in all I was pleased with my ability to hold my own and not make a total ass of myself. Even when we lose I still have a great time playing with friends! Hopefully will get some more gaming time tonight.

Agreed - great to hook up for some fraggin with you guys. All three of you guys impressed the hell out of me, and clearly I need to improve to be on an even playing field with you. Borlaxx - you clearly did more than just hold your own. I recently switched my senstivity from "medium" to "high" to allow for quicker movements, but I think it's still thowing my aim/reaction time off a little. Hopefully I will get fullly used to it. Either that or I'm just making a convenient excuse:)

The match on Invasion was great - we made a nice comeback there. The sniper on Derail absolutely destoyed me for sure. At one point I watched a kill cam of him hip-firing with what looked like an intervention and absolutely beating me to the draw with my ACR. Brutal. Even times that I got him lined up, I couldn't put enough firepower into him to overcome his ability. One good example was when DV8 (or maybe it was borlaxx) alerted me to his presence in the upstairs room in the central building, I snuck up the back stairs, saw him and fired first, but he still took me down. Of course, I could have heped myself by throwing in a stun first, but I generally suck like that - not taking the time to approach the situation tactically. Didn't see what happened - hopefully you guys were able to avenge my death. I am wondering if using a silencer on my ACR is limiting it's firepower too much. (I am using silenced ACR with cold-blooded pro and ninja pro in my std setup).

The last match on Wasteland was a fun close match. My KDR was brutal, as it usually is on Wasteland. If I snipe I can usually go like 3-2 or so, but that gets pretty boring when everyone else gets into a fun frag-fest in the central bunkers. So last night I went with my standard ACR setup and my kdr was more like 6-12 or so - lol. Lots of idiotic rushing into the bunker and getting fragged as usual. I was going to change to a riot shield with blast resistance at the end, but we ran out of time.

I will definitely be on some time tonight - perhaps around 10-10:30 ET. Hope to see you guys again.

BostonIrish
03-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I've tried using the silencer, but I'm not accurate enough with my shots in CQ combat to get the quick kill, so I don't like to sacrifice the damage. I'm not usually worried about giving away my location after shooting because I'm moving on anyway. I can definitely see where the silencer would be essential if you are sniping on HC.

DV8mAn
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
:(( As soon as I start getting into TDM people jump ship to another game. LOL! Oh well L-)

Not moving on, but playing both! Heck, I just got MW2 a week ago.