PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Weapon and Perks Set Up?

Borlaxx
12-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I have no idea yet for me since I have only played all of about 6 matches, but figured I would get the ball rolling here. I will add my response once I figure out the answer, LOL!

12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
scar with silencer is my best gun. but i just unlocked akimbo with a shotgun and thats really fun after i relised you have to use R1 and L1 to fire them not just R1.

12-31-2009, 10:17 AM
I prefer to say favorite load out versus weapon because it's a package deal.

Mini-Uzi w/ Holographic.
USP 45 w/ Tactical Knife
Semtex & Flashes
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Just keep running and knifing. I primarily keep the Tactical knife out as my main attack. This set up works well in close environments Highrise, Favela, Invasion, Karachi, etc. but not so well in Wasteland & Derail for example.

Also a great class for Capture The Flag.

Psalm
12-31-2009, 11:04 AM
I prefer to say favorite load out versus weapon because it's a package deal.

Mini-Uzi w/ Holographic.
USP 45 w/ Tactical Knife
Semtex & Flashes
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Just keep running and knifing. I primarily keep the Tactical knife out as my main attack. This set up works well in close environments Highrise, Favela, Invasion, Karachi, etc. but not so well in Wasteland & Derail for example.

Also a great class for Capture The Flag.
There is a vid of one of the NextGen tactics guys getting a nuke with a tactical knife only on derail...no other perks...it's impressive.

Trez
12-31-2009, 11:18 AM
There is a vid of one of the NextGen tactics guys getting a nuke with a tactical knife only on derail...no other perks...it's impressive.
Twas GUNNS4HIRE.

Their 1v1 battle is epic too.
[yt:3m4uvwvb]e9L3onwo8CE[/yt:3m4uvwvb]

cantaimstr8
01-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Silenced SCAR
Stinger
semtex/flash
scavenger
cold-blooded
ninga

M-16 red dot/pro-pipe
Akimbo rangers
frag/flash
bling
SP
commando

Those are my favorite. I know the M-16 is considered "noob" but I actually do better with the SCAR. I just like the M-16 because that is the only AR I ever actually fired.
I didn't realize how much people rely on the map until I started trying out cold-blooded. People would just run right past me and the SCAR does really well without SP. I tried the M-16 with the same set up but would always lose a head to head battle because it would take 3 pulls of the trigger to down them.

Trez
01-08-2010, 12:09 AM
The reload animation for the FAL is pretty bitchin'.

Psalm
01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
yeah it is....but, that gun sucks. I can't kill any one with it. I saw one of the NGT guys get a Tac Nuke with one... I am amazed at how good they are.

Trez
01-08-2010, 09:20 AM
yeah it is....but, that gun sucks. I can't kill any one with it. I saw one of the NGT guys get a Tac Nuke with one... I am amazed at how good they are.
I posted this after watching that. ;)

DB4
01-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Favorite Weapon?? that's a tough one.

Most used weapon is the Scar-H. It's decent and you unlock it early.

I might say that my favorite weapon is the Intervention but I am not a good sniper. However, when I do use it and that "one shot. one kill" pops up on the screen it feels much better than any kill that I get with the Scar-H. I also like going Akimbo with handguns for my secondary, when I get into a fire fight with them it feels like I'm in a action movie. :D

Psalm
01-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Right now...I am addicted to the ACR and akimbo rangers...bling with red dot and silencer on the ACR and FMJ on the rangers....

Borlaxx
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I know this is going to change as I unlock more stuff, but right now my favorite set-up is as follows:

UMP45 (Akimbo)
Spas Shotgun (can't wait to unlock more)
Stopping Power Pro
Scavenger (hoping to unlock the Pro version soon)
Steady Aim Pro

I find this is a very good class on maps that have a lot of buildings and not a lot of wide open areas. Since you can't use ADS with the Akimbo perk it isn't a very good set up for maps that have a lot of long distance fighting, so for those maps I have been using the same set up but with the red dot site instead. However, in my experience this set up owns in close quarter fighting! The only way people can seem to drop you faster is if they have a shotgun or they knife you, but they normally can't get close enough for the knife if you unload into them with this set up. Stopping power makes this a very quick killer at close range, scavenger helps to keep the ammo from running out, and steady aim makes up for the decrease in accuracy the Akimbo perk carries with it.

Daddio
01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I have been using 3 Assual rifles. I finished all the challeges except the headshots on the M4. Over 500 kills on both Scar & ACR and completes all challeges except FMJ and headshots on both. Since I play HC i always run with Bling, Cold Blooded, & NInga. Mostly use the Acog always. Might drop bling once all the challleges are complete and work on some others. Oh yeah I do have commando on one gun just to go for some knifes. But it is mostly used on me.

RATA MUERTA
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
I have been running around on Scavenger Cold-Blooded Ninja with a silenced weapon for awhile and trying to use new things. I really enjoy my claymores with Scavenger and the M1014 Shotgun, I have taken out whole teams with that shotgun, its the best!! I really feel like how this CoD game is setup in such a way that it is more entertaining to use all the different equipment options and explore new combos.

DB4
01-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I really feel like how this CoD game is setup in such a way that it is more entertaining to use all the different equipment options and explore new combos.

I agree 100%. It's nice that the secondary weapons have some value in this game.

lore77
02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Current set up:
Ninja Pro, Bling Pro, Cold blooded (only @ 4/40 for Pro) Tough to unlock :(
Primary: M16 Silencer & Acog
Secondary: Striker Grip and Silencer
Stun Grenades
C4 or claymore: C4 for Cap the flag and domination, Claymores on other game types.

Once I unlock FMJ i'll prob switch to it instead of the silencers
I have been thinking to switch my main to the 50 Cal sniper rifle, I seem to be better at a distance then I am upclose.

Jaybird
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Current set up:

Lore,

One suggestion on unlocking Cold Blooded Pro. Shoot down enemy UAVs. You don't need a shoulder-fire missile for this. Just use your MG and they'll come down with 8-10 hits, maybe even less. If you have a shoulder-fire missile its always a 1 shot kill. I was able to complete this challenge pretty quickly after I started focusing on the UAVs.

This is much easier on the big, open maps like Wasteland and Afghan. But I shot down 5 UAVs in one match at Terminal by standing behind the refueling truck while everyone else was inside. Obviously, my team was getting torched while I was trying to complete a challenge, but it was easy pickings.

If I'm away from the action I still shoot them down just to upset the other team.

lore77
02-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Current set up:

Lore,

One suggestion on unlocking Cold Blooded Pro. Shoot down enemy UAVs. You don't need a shoulder-fire missile for this. Just use your MG and they'll come down with 8-10 hits, maybe even less. If you have a shoulder-fire missile its always a 1 shot kill. I was able to complete this challenge pretty quickly after I started focusing on the UAVs.

This is much easier on the big, open maps like Wasteland and Afghan. But I shot down 5 UAVs in one match at Terminal by standing behind the refueling truck while everyone else was inside. Obviously, my team was getting torched while I was trying to complete a challenge, but it was easy pickings.

If I'm away from the action I still shoot them down just to upset the other team.

Thanks for the Tip Jaybird :cheers:

Psalm
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, that was huge Jay. You told me that the other day and it didn't take long to shoot down enough UAV's to get the Cold-Blooded Pro

connected
02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
My favorite weapon depends on the map
(Big maps) Primary weapon: m16 or Famas w/ red do. Seconday: M93 Raffica
(Small Maps) Primary weapon: SCAR Secondary: Model 1887 or AA12

Sniper Class: Intervention w/ thermal and heartbeat sensor along with cold blooded and ninja

Jaybird
02-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, that was huge Jay. You told me that the other day and it didn't take long to shoot down enough UAV's to get the Cold-Blooded Pro

Ed,

Full disclosure. It was my kid who told me about shooting down the UAVs. That dude rocks on this game. He and I played some split screen against each other and my record was 1-7, straight up. I don't do that anymore.

I watched him go 26-0 in a match the other day. Unfortunately, chopper gunner was his top perk, so he didn't get the nuke. It's just as much fun to watch him as play in a match myself.

Borlaxx
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Ed,

Full disclosure. It was my kid who told me about shooting down the UAVs. That dude rocks on this game. He and I played some split screen against each other and my record was 1-7, straight up. I don't do that anymore.

I watched him go 26-0 in a match the other day. Unfortunately, chopper gunner was his top perk, so he didn't get the nuke. It's just as much fun to watch him as play in a match myself.
I will have to look up for them once I unlock cold blooded. Is this the first COD game where you can see and shoot down UAV? I don't recall seeing them or being able to shoot them in WAW or MWR.

Jaybird
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Last Night i was playing and for a change i looked up and started shooting down the UAV's only to find out at the end of the game that i didn't have cold blooded as a perk... L-) what a bad few nights of gaming i've gone through....

At least you got 50 points each time you killed one.

That gives me an idea. I think I'll try to see how many points I can score in a match without actually killing a member of the other team (while minimizing my own deaths).

Don't get me wrong. Wiping out the other team is good. But getting rewarded for things like shooting down aircraft, blowing up claymores and C4, destroying tactical inserts, and completing the distance challenges all add another dimension to this game that keep it fun and interesting.

Psalm
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Last Night i was playing and for a change i looked up and started shooting down the UAV's only to find out at the end of the game that i didn't have cold blooded as a perk... L-) what a bad few nights of gaming i've gone through....

At least you got 50 points each time you killed one.

That gives me an idea. I think I'll try to see how many points I can score in a match without actually killing a member of the other team (while minimizing my own deaths).

Don't get me wrong. Wiping out the other team is good. But getting rewarded for things like shooting down aircraft, blowing up claymores and C4, destroying tactical inserts, and completing the distance challenges all add another dimension to this game that keep it fun and interesting.
lol....3-10 with 5000 xp...

connected
02-03-2010, 03:27 PM
You get 200 points for knifing a Sentry gun

RATA MUERTA
02-03-2010, 05:50 PM
You get 200 points for knifing a Sentry gun
Really??? When?? I only get 100 and I do it all the time!!

Borlaxx
02-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Does anyone else use the FAL? I have completed most of the challenges for the SCAR with the exception of the FMJ kills and the ACOG kills, both of which I don't plan on doing (I HATE the ACOG scopes in this game, and the FMJ kills just take for f/n ever). Decided to use a different AR last night and went with the FAL since I don't have the later ones unlocked yet and the other ones I do have unlocked either suck for accuracy or for damage. I didn't realize the FAL was a semi-auto until the match started, and once I did I thought I was going to be owned, but I was surprised when I did really well with it. With Stopping Power Pro it drops people really fast, and since it is semi-auto it doesn't jump around as much as the full auto ARs and I can hold my aim steady. My only issue with it is that the default site sucks, but I will have the red dot soon, so that will solve that issue.

Also, what do you all prefer? The red dot site or the holographic site? I don't seem to notice much of a difference.

Borlaxx
02-16-2010, 09:12 AM
i'm working on Danger Close and right now i love it.. Working with Scavenger Pro and claymores and i just lay claymores and replenish picking up people packs and typically have 2 claymores layed out.. I'll switch to the grenade launcher attachment and that's helping me with my kill rate for this perk....
I was running basically the same set up with the SCAR and Grenade launcher + Claymore + Danger Close + Scavenger = pwnage! Got the 100 kills for danger close pro in no time.

Psalm
02-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Wow...I'm impressed that you are knocking em' dead witht he FAL.... I can't use that weapon for anything. I Imagine it's great in open maps though...Is it better with the red dot?
Here is my take on the difference with the Red-dot /Holographic. I heard Wings of Redemption(very knowledgeble dude) on Youtube say the difference is that the Holographic allows for you to be less acurate and still hit the enemy...in other words the image that you are supposedly seeing is a triangulation of where the enemy should be. Therefore giving leeway on either side of that person to allow for a hit marker....That said, I haven't noticed a sizeable difference between the 2... I think it is more of a personal preference. Holographic is more prone to bright sunlight effecting its usfullness. On bright maps like Afghan I switch to the reddot. But, on dark maps I prefer the holographic....WOR differences between the 2 are based on the REAL sights as well...IW may not have brought that much technology to the party anyway.
Wait till you get the ACR....pure joy

Borlaxx
02-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Wow...I'm impressed that you are knocking em' dead witht he FAL.... I can't use that weapon for anything. I Imagine it's great in open maps though...Is it better with the red dot?
Here is my take on the difference with the Red-dot /Holographic. I heard Wings of Redemption(very knowledgeble dude) on Youtube say the difference is that the Holographic allows for you to be less acurate and still hit the enemy...in other words the image that you are supposedly seeing is a triangulation of where the enemy should be. Therefore giving leeway on either side of that person to allow for a hit marker....That said, I haven't noticed a sizeable difference between the 2... I think it is more of a personal preference. Holographic is more prone to bright sunlight effecting its usfullness. On bright maps like Afghan I switch to the reddot. But, on dark maps I prefer the holographic....WOR differences between the 2 are based on the REAL sights as well...IW may not have brought that much technology to the party anyway.
Wait till you get the ACR....pure joy
I noticed that the red dot site sucks on Underpass. The rain gets on the site and it makes it hard to see anything in it. Does this also happen with the holographic? BTW, I find this extra little detail of realism to be awesome!

Psalm
02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Red dot and Holographic both suck on Underpass (mixture of rain and lighting) I tend to stick with the Holo on Underpass though as It's little hooded sight helps a little better than the Red-dot... I don't like the ACOG's on this game either. But, I will use it on that map...sometimes (if I remember to switch it up)

Jaybird
02-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Does anyone else use the FAL?

I use the FAL frequently and have unlocked all attachments except extended mags. I'm currently working on the 500 kill challenge for it. I use silencer and w/stopping power it is generally 1-2 shot kills.

Personally, I like a change of pace from using just SMG's all the time. My KDR probably suffers a little by using different weapons but who cares. I like the variety. That being said, once I unlock the ACR I'll be using that most of the time.

Psalm
02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Does anyone else use the FAL?

I use the FAL frequently and have unlocked all attachments except extended mags. I'm currently working on the 500 kill challenge for it. I use silencer and w/stopping power it is generally 1-2 shot kills.

Personally, I like a change of pace from using just SMG's all the time. My KDR probably suffers a little by using different weapons but who cares. I like the variety. That being said, once I unlock the ACR I'll be using that most of the time.

I'll have to remember that you prestiged and to not join your session... i did once and got my ass kicked... #-o
On that note...that means you guys should invite us prestiger's (new word everybody!!!) so we can join you, allowing for less seasoned players... I'll play either. But, I feel your pain as I went through that with my Brother in law...(who by the way, is supposed to show up here and join) and endured many a ass whoopin' by many a prestiger..(there's that word again!)

MyBoomStk
02-17-2010, 01:57 PM
I am not sure this has been posted or not. But it was an excellent interactive chart for each weapon. You can actually look at two guns as a comparison too.
http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

Kiwin
02-19-2010, 11:43 AM
My favourite class that I'm using if I want to win a match is usually the M16A4 supressed or with the holo sights. With the USP .45 tactical knife. Claymore and flashbang grenades. Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power, Ninja Pro. Either that class setup or my second which is the Barret .50 cal with heartbeat sensor. PP2000 supressed. Claymore and smoke grenade. Scavenger Pro, Cold-blooded Pro and Ninja Pro. I've also made a anti air support class with a stinger to get rid of those annoying killstreak rewards people pop out all the time.

Kiwin
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Does anyone else use the FAL? I have completed most of the challenges for the SCAR with the exception of the FMJ kills and the ACOG kills, both of which I don't plan on doing (I HATE the ACOG scopes in this game, and the FMJ kills just take for f/n ever). Decided to use a different AR last night and went with the FAL since I don't have the later ones unlocked yet and the other ones I do have unlocked either suck for accuracy or for damage. I didn't realize the FAL was a semi-auto until the match started, and once I did I thought I was going to be owned, but I was surprised when I did really well with it. With Stopping Power Pro it drops people really fast, and since it is semi-auto it doesn't jump around as much as the full auto ARs and I can hold my aim steady. My only issue with it is that the default site sucks, but I will have the red dot soon, so that will solve that issue.

Also, what do you all prefer? The red dot site or the holographic site? I don't seem to notice much of a difference.

Actually the Red dot sight is not accurate, it appears to be off to the left side by a little. Also for some reason the Holo sights add +5 to the FALs weapon damage. So unless you really want the red dot sight I'd say get the Holo.

Borlaxx
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Well, after last night I can say my best set up is as follows:

FAL w/ Holographic (yes, better than red dot) and Silencer
Striker
Claymore
Flashbang
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

Thinking about replacing Bling Pro w/ Scavenger Pro and just running the Holographic instead so I don't run out of ammo or claymores, and since I normally camp with this class I want people to know where I am shooting from so they come to me. Also, the silencer reduces its range. Otherwise you can snipe people from all the way across the map with the FAL.

My other go to class for the smaller maps like Scrapyard and Highrise will continue to be:

p90 w/ holographic
Striker
Frag
Flashbang
Marathon Pro (Finally got the pro version last night!!!)
Lightweight (only 2 more miles to pro)
Commando Pro

My other classes will change depending on what challenges I want to complete. Other than Lightweight, Hardline and Scrambler (which I will never use), the only other perk I have to earn the pro version of is SitRep which I just unlocked last night. Will probably set up a class with hardline and sitrep and with 3,4,5 killstreaks to earn the pro versions of these. Still need to unlock OneManArmy.

Psalm
02-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Actually the Red dot sight is not accurate, it appears to be off to the left side by a little. Also for some reason the Holo sights add +5 to the FALs weapon damage. So unless you really want the red dot sight I'd say get the Holo.
I just watched a video by Wings of Redemption on YT about this...almost the exact words. uncanny

Kiwin
02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I got the info from the Call of Duty Wiki, but I've seen the video where he mentions it. It's a Free for All iirc.

killerjaxx
02-21-2010, 01:20 PM
thanks for moving my post here whoever it was . borlaxx i think? didnt realise there was already a topic.
i use either:
m16 w/heart sensor
javelin (just unlocked im seeing wot its like - so far a big fat ZERO kills)
stun/claymore
marathon (tryin to unlock pro)
coldblooded (tryin to unlock pro)
ninja pro (love bein able to sneak up on campers and knife them in the back of the skull :D)

or:
Scar w/heart sensor and ACOG scope
sum crappy automatic pistol i havent got round to using
frag/stun
bling pro (i havent unlocked ANY secondary weapon attachments so pro is kinda pointless)
coldblooded (cos i hate gettin mowed down my turrets/choppers/harriers)
ninja (always ninja)

im thinkin bout changing completely but im useless with snipers even standing targets, have u noticed how ur player can only hold his breath for 2 seconds? (rubbish i can hold mine for more than 3 minutes)
does anyone think the sitrep perk is worth using? bein able to spot explosives never really appealed to me wot does it actually do and wot is the pro version like? also wot does one man army pro do? ive never used it cos i always think im defo guna get shot while im selecting which class i want by sum sniper c**t on the other side of the map. also wot do the pro versions of coldblooded and marathon do over the standard version? is marathon pro always running? cos that wud be handy not havin to click all the time. i have no idea wot cb pro will do?
i imagine i sound like a n00b wel thats cos i am ok? :P the last first person shooter i played online was quake 3 arena or that half life terrorist/counter-terrorist thing cant remember wot it was called but was very popular at the time (around 10 years ago)

BostonIrish
02-22-2010, 09:25 PM
I most often use:

Scar w/ Holographic Sight
Stinger
Frag & Flashbang
Scavenger Pro or Sleight of Hand Pro
Coldblooded Pro
Ninja Pro

This combo has been really helpful for me to get more kills (than I was getting). I'm about to change up the primary weapon in the attempt at completing more challenges.

I've also been trying to master the Intervention, with:

Intervention
shotgun (any)
Claymore/Smoke
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro or Cold Blooded Pro
Stead Aim Pro

I usually try (and fail miserably) to run and gun (quick scope) with the intervention. I have more success finding a spot to snipe, and move on when I make a kill. It seems like if more than 30 seconds goes by without a kill, I get impatient and go looking for trouble. At least I've learned to switch over to shotgun while moving around.

killerjaxx
02-24-2010, 12:58 PM
ive started using the UMP45 with holographic sight in free for all matches I like it cos its got big mags im getting good kill ratios with it even when im suffering with lag and i could probably get more kills with steady aim but im not sure i want to trade ninja for that perk although there are all the achievements to earn so i might give it a shot.

Borlaxx
02-24-2010, 01:02 PM
ive started using the UMP45 with holographic sight in free for all matches I like it cos its got big mags im getting good kill ratios with it even when im suffering with lag and i could probably get more kills with steady aim but im not sure i want to trade ninja for that perk although there are all the achievements to earn so i might give it a shot.
Use steady aim, especially on smaller maps like Highrise, since with a SMG you will be doing more run and gunning than camping and stealth.

Psalm
02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Something of note...in my first go around. (prior to prestiging) I used almost all the weapons at least for a little while. This time I am only sticking with what weapons I liked. I used the M4 or FAMAS until I unlocked the Scar. I will also use the ACR and M16 once I unlock them also. But, thats it. I am not going to try all the weapons or worry about the challenges for all the others. Maybe I will lose out on some possible points. But, I have seen a steady increase in my KDR (1.04). So, I figure all those lost points in challenges, I will hopefully make up in extra kills... heck I'd rather go 20-7 in a match then try to use a new weapon and go 5-15... Not to mention the points I may gain by possibly winning more games.
just a thought for everyone out there who is worried about completing challenges.... :D

BostonIrish
02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Does anybody bother trying to get all the camo unlocks for weapons? I'm having a heck of a time trying to do this and starting to question it. I've got the weapon mastery for the SCAR and the camo unlocks are the only thing left for this weapon. Do you get anything for completing EVERYTHING for the weapon?

DB4
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Does anybody bother trying to get all the camo unlocks for weapons? I'm having a heck of a time trying to do this and starting to question it. I've got the weapon mastery for the SCAR and the camo unlocks are the only thing left for this weapon. Do you get anything for completing EVERYTHING for the weapon?
On my other profile (DthB4Dishonr) I have the Fall Camo unlocked for the Scar. BTW, The fall camo looks sick! However when you unlock it you still are not done truly mastering the weapon. I am not sure but I am thinking that you need 500 headshots to get the most prestigious title for the weapon.

killerjaxx
02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
10,000 xp for completing all weapon challenges
gotta say i was very disappointed when i unlocked marathon pro last night... climb ladders faster? i can barely notice the difference. any clues as to wot the added benefits to coldblooded pro are?

BostonIrish
02-25-2010, 03:12 PM
My take on cold blooded pro is that if you are hiding in a bush or in the grass, the enemy won't see your name appear in red when they are scanning their screen looking for you. That would be a big plus.

Borlaxx
02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
10,000 xp for completing all weapon challenges
gotta say i was very disappointed when i unlocked marathon pro last night... climb ladders faster? i can barely notice the difference. any clues as to wot the added benefits to coldblooded pro are?

My take on cold blooded pro is that if you are hiding in a bush or in the grass, the enemy won't see your name appear in red when they are scanning their screen looking for you. That would be a big plus.
Yes, the extra perk for coldblooded pro is that your name will not display above your head in the game and also the enemies crosshairs will not change color to red when they are aiming at you. Makes it a lot harder to see you, especially if you are hiding in some tall grass, bushes, or in the shadows. On HC modes with no kill cam and Ninja Pro with a sniper rifle it makes it where you can basically camp in one area of the map the whole time and no one can find you unless they see the direction your shots are coming from.

B___K___
02-25-2010, 05:23 PM
On my other profile (DthB4Dishonr) I have the Fall Camo unlocked for the Scar. BTW, The fall camo looks sick! However when you unlock it you still are not done truly mastering the weapon. I am not sure but I am thinking that you need 500 headshots to get the most prestigious title for the weapon.

The emblem in my sig is the medal you get for 500 headshots with the SCAR. I just got it a couple of days ago. You have to prestige to get it -- any SCAR headshots you had prior to prestige do not count. However, all of the headshots you get after prestiging count. IMO, this is a big reason to prestige, because these sorts of cumulative challenges open up.

The 500 headshot emblem is not the "most prestigious title" for the weapon. There's one for 1000 headshots. That's the only one I'm missing now. It's also cumulative, so it is not as hard as it sounds.

Except for # of kills and # of headshots, you lose all the weapon attachments, camos, etc. each time you prestige. So I have to get my fall camo back again. I think that's 250 headshots to get.

DB4
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM

The emblem in my sig is the medal you get for 500 headshots with the SCAR. I just got it a couple of days ago. You have to prestige to get it -- any SCAR headshots you had prior to prestige do not count. However, all of the headshots you get after prestiging count. IMO, this is a big reason to prestige, because these sorts of cumulative challenges open up.

The 500 headshot emblem is not the "most prestigious title" for the weapon. There's one for 1000 headshots. That's the only one I'm missing now. It's also cumulative, so it is not as hard as it sounds.

Except for # of kills and # of headshots, you lose all the weapon attachments, camos, etc. each time you prestige. So I have to get my fall camo back again. I think that's 250 headshots to get.

A BIG THANK YOU TO BK. That is the best info I have gotten about prestiging yet. Now I know that I will prestige pretty much as soon as I get the chance. There ain't no way I am waiting until 1000 headshots if it will be cumulative after I prestige.

BostonIrish
02-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I'd have to agree. I was going to hold off (when I get there) to complete some challenges - but it sounds like that's a bad idea if I want the 1000 headshot award. Thank you!

B___K___
02-25-2010, 10:32 PM
You're welcome. Honestly, I don't think you can even get those titles and emblems unless you prestige. There are several titles and emblems that are available only after you prestige. So you could get 500 headshots and not get the emblem, then see your work reset to zero when you prestige the first time. That would suck! But once you prestige, weapon kills and headshots never reset again, they just keep counting up for every weapon (for the purpose of the Veteran and Master challenges only, not for camos or attachments, which do reset). Yeah, you really should prestige at least once. Also, doing so reminds you how tough it is in the early levels of the game, with no custom classes, no modifying the killstreak rewards, and so on.

Once you prestige once, you've pretty much opened everything up you can open up except a few more custom class slots (you get a new one at 1st prestige, 3rd prestige, 5th prestige, etc.) and a few titles that depend on rank (e.g. "Third Time Charm" when you 3d prestige). I could see prestiging once then staying at level 70. I did that for a while, but ultimately got bored and wanted to climb the ranks again, so I went to 2nd prestige last night. Also, it seems like when you're level 70, it matches you against way harder players, and as a dad with not much time, I hated that. I need easy opponents! ;)

Spike Forehand
02-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Here's my favorite set-ups

"Normal" Maps (Karachi, Favela, Invasion, Highrise, etc)
ACR with holo sight and silencer
Noob Tube (yeah I know - still enjoy it though) or sometimes the Javelin
Claymore
Stun Grenades
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Sniping Maps (Wasteland, Afghan, Derail)
WA2000 with HB sensor and FMJ
Ranger - Akimbo
Frags
Stun grenade
Bling Pro
Steady AIm Pro
Stopping Power Pro

Very Small Maps (scrapyard, rust)
ACR with holo sight and silencer
Noob Tube (yeah I know - still enjoy it though) or sometimes the Javelin
Claymore
Stun Grenades
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Pretty happy with these setups, except the sniper one. Love the WA2000, but I think the HB Sensor just screws me up and keeps me from thinking and playing heads-up. I am also not at all sure that FMJ does anything at all. Many, many matches, I end up getting frustrated and switching back to my main set-up. Any advice on a good sniper set-up with the WA is appreciated. I do enjoy sniping.

Definitely digging reading these boards.

Borlaxx
02-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Don't have any sniping advice since I suck at sniping, but I agree with you on heartbeat sensor. I have only used it in a couple matches, and I found myself getting killed more often because I was looking at the sensor while someone comes around a corner and I lose that initial reaction time.

Kiwin
02-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Pretty happy with these setups, except the sniper one. Love the WA2000, but I think the HB Sensor just screws me up and keeps me from thinking and playing heads-up. I am also not at all sure that FMJ does anything at all. Many, many matches, I end up getting frustrated and switching back to my main set-up. Any advice on a good sniper set-up with the WA is appreciated. I do enjoy sniping.

FMJ increases your bullet penetration. It does not provide you with extra bullet damage as one would suspect when checking the stats. This is a pretty stupid mistake by IW if you ask me. All in all it reduces the number of bullets needed to kill someone when shooting through walls etc.

About the sniping. I usually use the M82 Barret when I snipe. Either with HBS and cold-blooded. Or with a supressor and stopping power. Reason for this is that the intervention, M82 and the Walther are all one hit kills when hitting in the head or torso. This would be without stopping power, or with a supressor, with stopping power. Personally I don't like the Walther. It takes too much room on the screen. It's too damn big. Adding in the HBS doesn't make it any better I reckon. The problem alot of people have with the HBS is they rely too much on it. They never take their eyes of it. Try and combine it with the minimap to locate enemies. I would probably also use a different secondary. The PP2000 works great with a sniper class as it is literally a sub-machine gun. Although it has a small magazine, it does decent damage and it has great accuracy, even on medium to long distances. Using a sniper and the ranger pretty much handicaps you against enemies within a certain range, where the snipers comes short, and the rangers simply can't reach.

When moving around maps as a sniper, I try not to rush too much. I'm taking it slow, moving on the outside edges of the map. Defensive play is a great tactic when sniping. I try to cover a small area. Like the building around C on Favela (using domination games as a reference) or the area between A and B on Terminal. No need to rush all over the map. With this tactic I usuall know where the enemies are, and I can almost guarantee I won't be shot in the back.

My sniping classes:

This class I use most of the time. I can stay in one spot for as long as I want without having to worry about being tracked down. I get maybe 2-3 kills then I move on. No need to stay and wait for those wanting a revenge kill.

Barret .50 cal w/ Heartbeat Sensor. (HBS for when I'm running on my own, away from the team)
PP2000 w/ supressor. (for those silence kills, no need to reveal myself on the radar if I can avoid it.)
Claymore. (No ambushes for me thank you very much)
Smoke grenade. (If I need to get the hell away from the action fast)
Scavenger Pro. (Comes in handy to collect new claymores)
Cold-Blooded pro. (don't have to worry bout killstreaks and giving away my location when camping somewhere)
Ninja pro. (move silently, and won't show up on HBS)

This Is for the smaller maps, when I'm running around more. I tend to stay with my team with this setup, due to the lack of cold-blooded.

Barret .50 cal /w Supressor. (I can stay close to the enemy and take em out without giving away my position)
USP .45 w/ extended mags. (pistols are the fastes secondaries when swapping weapons)
Smoke grenade. (again to get away)
Claymore. (Place in high traffic areas and it's a +1 kill almost everytime)
Scavenger Pro. (more claymores!)
Stopping power Pro. (for those OHKs)
Ninja Pro. (no need to alert people when running around corners with those loud footsteps)

DB4
02-28-2010, 03:15 PM
The Mini -Uzi w/ Stopping Power is beastly in close quarter combat. Played a match in Rust with it yesterday and was just straight murdering fools. It is super accurate. Didn't care for it as much on larger maps but I don't have any attachments unlocked for it either.

Spike Forehand
02-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Using a sniper and the ranger pretty much handicaps you against enemies within a certain range, where the snipers comes short, and the rangers simply can't reach.

Thanks Kiwin for the thoughtful, thorough advice.

This is my exact problem. So many times I come upon opponents in that mid-range where it is impossible (for me anyway) to quick-scope a kill, but the rangers have no stopping power. Will try out your sniper set-up with the PP2000 secondary. I think I have all that stuff unlocked.

killerjaxx
03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
i have just recently taken a shine to using on smaller maps the loadout of:
ump45 w/ holo sight
pp2000 w/ red dot(no other unlocks)(never use anyway)
frags (no point having claymores i die to often for them to kill anyone)
stun
marathon pro
lightweight pro
commando pro
i find that if i sprint in zigzags i can knife people before they can get a decent enough shot to kill me, works well on terminal and highrise. but like i mentioned before i do die quite alot but its rare that my deaths exceed my kills and i nearly always finish with the highest kill count on free for all. note: this doesnt work so well in team deathmatch. wot i like about this setup is that you can sprint past claymores in most situations before they blow up and be on top of the planter before they are alerted by the explosion.
but when i turn it on it depends wot mood im in i might do the same maps with my acr and a shotgun or a launcher and mess with the perks tryin to do the achievements. my mood seems to change from day to day, one night a technique might work the next its not working at all n ive got to juggle stuff round to find out wots working tonight i guess it depends on the enemy ur facing, prestiges dont reallly fall for my tricks and i really struggle when there are a few of them.

Psalm
03-01-2010, 05:06 PM
I haven't been on since last week. I unlocked the m16 last time I was on...can't wait to use it... I have 485 kills with the Scar. so I am going to get to 500 to get my 20000 XP (10k for the challenge and 10k for the prestige challenge)

DB4
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Intervention w/ ACOG and Sleight of Hand Pro = veddy nice! Nice that you can ADS and not lose your perepheral. Sleight of Hand Pro is essential for quick-scoping. I am still a little too slow on the aiming for sniping in general on Core modes (stopping power is a must for me). But on HCTDM I can switch out stopping power for hardline.

TonkaToys
03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi, last night was my first night playing with the [MP] clan tag.

Nice to see some of you chaps online, I tried to join one session with ETuesday but the connection dropped just as the game started.

I've been loving the M16. When I first got started I couldn't understand how you could use a burst AR (FAMAS). But having played enough now to unlock the M16, I really think it is a better weapon. I'll be trying out the FAMAS again soon as I understand that has a longer range at the higher damage rate.

My standard loadout for Assault (run n' gun) is:

M16 + ACOG (just trying this out to complete the challenges)
SPAS + Red Dot (dunno what else to put on this)
Frag + Stun
Sleight of Hand Pro - I love this so much now. :x
Stopping Power - was running CB, but decided it's an Assault class. 8-}
Commando Pro
Care Pack
Pred
Harrier
(I never usually get enough kills to get a killstreak though :( )

I figured as I'd moved CB out, I'd create a similar Sneak class

M16 + Silencer
SPAS + Silencer
Claymore + Stun (Liking the claymore now, it's fun. Haven't tried the C4 yet though).
Sleight of Hand Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja

Kiwin
03-04-2010, 09:45 AM
My 6 Current classes are as follows:

Custom class 1.
M16A4 w/ Holographic sight + Silencer.
Spas-12 w/ Grip + Red dot sight.
Claymore + Stun
Bling Pro.
Stopping Power Pro.
Ninja Pro.

Custom Class 2.
M16A4 w/ Shotgun attachment (Masterkey ftw)
Stinger.
Semtex + Smoke
Scavenger Pro.
Cold-blooded Pro
Ninja Pro.

Custom Class 3.
M82 Barrett w/ Heartbeat Sensor.
M93 Raffica w/ Red dot sight.
Claymore + Smoke
Scavenger Pro.
Cold-blooded Pro.
Ninja Pro.

Custom Class 4.
UMP45 w/ Silencer
USP .45 w/ silencer
Throwing Knife + flash
Marathon
Cold-blooded Pro.
Ninja Pro.

Custom class 5.
M16A4 w/ pro pipe
N/A
Claymore + Smoke
One man army Pro.
Danger Close Pro.
Commando Pro.

My 6th class Is changing all the time, depending on which weapons I train challenges on.

Borlaxx
03-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Since I unlocked Cold Blooded Pro (which I haven't used yet, LOL!) I decided to alter my LMG class to the following and loved it:

Steyr AUG HBAR w/ Grip (was running Bling Pro to use the Red Dot too, but found I don't really need it)
Striker w/ Red Dot
Claymore
Flash
Scavenger Pro (god I love this perk, especially with claymores and guns like this that use a lot of ammo)
Stopping Power Pro (pwnage with a accurate, long distance, already powerful gun like this)
Ninja Pro (didn't think I would care about the silent moving part, but have got many kills from it)

I am going to set up an identical class, but with a stinger and cold blooded pro, just in case they start calling in a lot of air support. It doesn't seem many people use the LMGs in this game, but I love this one. Great gun!

DV8mAn
03-05-2010, 09:14 AM
My classes are mostly scar based since I'm only lvl 28 no prestige. My favorites are SCAR + HBS (im a noob!) and silencer; SCAR + FMJ and ACOG. Spas on both classes.

Kiwin
03-05-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm actually starting to use the RDP a bit now on my stinger class. With Grip obviously, it's really handy when spraying :)

DB4
03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Since I unlocked Cold Blooded Pro (which I haven't used yet, LOL!) I decided to alter my LMG class to the following and loved it:

Steyr AUG HBAR w/ Grip ...
... Great gun!

I have used the AUG HBAR before but always stayed away from it because of I have never been a fan of guns that are slow in the reload department.

I have recently been practicing with the Intervention and am becoming much better at sniping. Still not great, but good enough not to get overly frustrated. After noticing that the AUG HBAR had a thermal scope unlock I thought I'd give it a try again. This LMG really is a beast. Especially paired up with the grip and stopping power. I can really do some damage with it from long range even without a scope or a red dot site. I just kind of find my target, use the left analog stick to sway a bit from side to side and just dump on fools. It really is a great gun. I can't wait to unlock the thermal and see what I can do with it. I am thinking of blinging it out with the grip and the thermal. I am pretty sure that the grip will be a must.

Borlaxx
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM

Steyr AUG HBAR w/ Grip ...
... Great gun!

I have used the AUG HBAR before but always stayed away from it because of I have never been a fan of guns that are slow in the reload department.

I have recently been practicing with the Intervention and am becoming much better at sniping. Still not great, but good enough not to get overly frustrated. After noticing that the AUG HBAR had a thermal scope unlock I thought I'd give it a try again. This LMG really is a beast. Especially paired up with the grip and stopping power. I can really do some damage with it from long range even without a scope or a red dot site. I just kind of find my target, use the left analog stick to sway a bit from side to side and just dump on fools. It really is a great gun. I can't wait to unlock the thermal and see what I can do with it. I am thinking of blinging it out with the grip and the thermal. I am pretty sure that the grip will be a must.
I tried it without the grip so I could have my red dot and still have scavenger pro and it still is pretty damn steady, but if someone is all the way across the map you will notice a little more jump, so I put the grip back on and I am just using the normal site. And I am sure you noticed it reloads a hell of a lot faster than the other LMGs, which is a major plus.

DarksideDave
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Gone back to using the SCAR at the minute. Equipped with Grenade Launcher & FMJ. The SCAR's damage level is high and coupled with FMJ means more kills for a crap player like me. :-" Secondary weapon is the RPG x2, great for distance multikills. Frag and Stun grenades. Perks are Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Commando Pro. It's one of the few combo's that consistantly gets me more kills than deaths! :D Deathstreak is Last Stand Pro.

04-09-2010, 07:25 AM
To TonkaToys: I don't know if you got my private message or not so here is my tip for the spas. Whenever you get the grip, use that and remember to aim down your sights. This focuses your shot and increases the range some. I used to get a lot of hit markers until I started to use this setup. The range is almost prepatched akimbo 1887 ridiculous. I learned this tip from one of the nextgentactics videos. I hope this helps.

TonkaToys
04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Cheers james...79, I didn't get your message but always happy to accept advice.

Tried out a new setup for objectives games last night... the aim was to get a really fast class.

UMP
Magnum
Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

WOW... this baby moves! I planted 2 bombs in demolition, before the opposition had woken up.
And I was captain speedy-pants on capture the flag; the only problem was no-one was defending our flag so I couldn't deliver the opposition flag until their carrier had been shot... you should have seen me jigging around our flag location like I had ants in my pants. In the end I was grabbing their flag then chasing down their flag carrier! Got the "highest number of kills as flag carrier" thingy at the end.

Tee hee! :smug:

PS: No I didn't use the care package glitch either (if that still works).

Oh yeah, I'm also working on M16 mastery so have attached the dreaded Noob Toob. Anyway, I'm stripping the MP clan-tag when I play that class, as I don't want to bring our good name into disrepute.

TrOjAn HeX
04-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Tar21 (Grenade launcher)
Rpg
Scavenger pro
Danger close pro
Ninja pro

Nothing wrong with noob tubing once in a while :P

UMP (silencer)
M9
Marathon
Coldblooded
Ninja pro

Good set up I think. Gives me a bit more speed and untrackable by other players/killstreaks. Seeing that the UMP is beefy without stopping power and the silencer is just the icing on the cake.

RATA MUERTA
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Yes I can say I am guilty of Danger Closing my way through a match once in a while....I love explosions what can I say?
Another set up that I love is the UMP and yes it doesn't need stopping power which is great!! I hate the red dot for most guns so I put on rapid fire and Lightweight and I am ready to run!!

TonkaToys
04-13-2010, 03:38 AM
hah.. nice.. I hate capture the flag... everytime i've played that mode, the team i'm on treat the game like it's TDM and we end up getting our ass kicked.. one game it was 16-0... :(

I know what you mean; same again last night though with the runner class... I'm mosh pitting and we hit CTF - our team was totally uncoordinated so everyone was going different routes, not really defending our flag or protecting the flag carrier so we are down 5 flags to nothing.
I put on my running shoes and *whompf* :-o we are up by two flags straight-away. If only I was that fast in real life!

Well... completed my noob toobing last night, so stuck MP back into the clan tag (hurrah) - I wish I thought about sticking Danger Close on, DOH!

REMEC87
04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I play alot of hardcore and S&D:

M16A4 (silencer)
m1014
claymore

I switch it up depending on mood between sneaky

Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Or Speedy
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando

BostonIrish
04-14-2010, 11:07 AM
After finally prestiging, I had to pick a new weapon to use (had been using the ACR, which became my favorite after the SCAR). I've been using the FAMAS, and I'm liking it. It took a little while to get used to the 3 round burst. I unlocked the SCAR last night, but I think I"m going to stick with the FAMAS just to unlock all of the challenges for it.

REMEC87
04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
The FAMAS is a great gun but your right...it takes getting used to. I tried that too at first after prestiging but i eventually went back to the SCAR. I still use it but only in hardcore matches.

junglejim82
04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
heres my favorite setup, level permitting as im a dedicated prestiger:

silenced ump 45
m1014 extended mags (absolute carnage when defending the hq)
semtex
stun grenades
marathon
lightweight
ninja
if i havent unlocked the m1014 i use the usp and tactical knife with commando. in search and destroy i like to snipe using the following:

m21 ebr silenced
claymores
stuns
one man army
cold blooded
ninja
ghillie suit
i snipe myself a couple of kills if i can, plant my 2 claymores then switch classes back to my favoured setup

Psalm
05-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Picked up a barrett with Acog last night by accident and really liked it... I am not a sniper guys at all. But, the sniper rifles minus the sway was easy pick'uns.
Guess, I will have to level up the barrett or Intervention to get the acog next prestige.

05-21-2010, 09:45 AM
If we were playing together, it was probably my barrett with the acog. I have really warmed up to this as it reminds me of a shotgun with an acog sight. I really like using the FAMAS but I can't get used to drop shotting with a burst rifle (FAMAS and the M16). Are any of you able to do this with those? If so, do you have any tips on how to get used to it? Have a great day. :D

Psalm
05-21-2010, 01:26 PM
If we were playing together, it was probably my barrett with the acog. I have really warmed up to this as it reminds me of a shotgun with an acog sight. I really like using the FAMAS but I can't get used to drop shotting with a burst rifle (FAMAS and the M16). Are any of you able to do this with those? If so, do you have any tips on how to get used to it? Have a great day. :D
It is hard to drop shot with a burst weapon... I tend to fire while dropping. so , usually get them before I hit the ground anyway

Borlaxx
06-22-2010, 10:41 AM
The following three are my go to set ups right now:

Scar-H with FMJ
M1014 with Red Dot Site (God, I love this shotty!!!!!!)
Claymore
Flashbang
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro
(I use this class on maps where stealth is not a big concern, like Highrise, Rust, etc.)

Scar-H with Silencer
M1014 with Silencer (have I mentioned how bad ass this shotty is?)
Claymore
Flashbang
Scavenger Pro
Coldblooded Pro
Ninja Pro
(for maps that I want to creep around on and stay hidden, like Wasteland and Overgrown, or when the air support from the other team is constant)

Scar-H w/ grenade launcher
M1014 w/ Red Dot (Is case you haven't heard, this shotty kicks ass)
Frag
Flashbang
Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro
Commando Pro
(for when the noob tubers and Kommando Kiddies get on my nerves)

RATA MUERTA
06-22-2010, 11:10 AM
After using the same classes for a long time I have moved some things around and I am really liking a few of the setups and thought I would share them.
My main go to class has been an ACR (silenced/FMJ/grenade launcher) I change the attachments around, M1014 Shotgun (grip/FMJ), C4 (I love C4 if you can't tell from my sig) and it is especially deadly in Last Stand I can't tell you how many people I have killed with C4 in Last Stand and the best part is if they are far away and don't kill you right away you can use your C4 or flashes and kill yourself robbing them of their points :devil: (they don't get assisted suicide),perks are Scavenger, Stopping power, Last Stand.

Another setup that I have been loving, especially on tight maps like Trailer Park is the UMP Bling with FMJ and Akimbo, Bling Stopping Power and Steady Aim. Playing Bioshock which has no real ADS has improved my MW2 experience tremendously and I now hip fire at will and usually win, needless to say the above setup is like a chainsaw of bullets that few people escape.

Last but not least I have been trying to use the sniper rifles and after a Private Rust round of sniper only no scoping one shot kills I though I would try them in public matches. So much fun on long range maps (I have had the best luck on Fuel and Strike) I usually run with a shotgun as my second weapon but I wanted to try some of the machine pistols so I went with the Raffica with stopping power, what a weapon!! If you can deal with the burst firing you are a killing machine!!

RATA MUERTA
06-22-2010, 11:13 AM
@Borlax I know I use that shotgun all the time, if you haven't already, put the grip on it and just hip fire it. I NEVER ADS the shotgun anymore and I have gotten some spectacularly cruel one shot kills from across the room, you can seriously take out a room full of enemies with four well placed shots!!
Edit* I forgot to add that don't play HC so you can do this in TDM!! :party:

Borlaxx
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
@Borlax I know I use that shotgun all the time, if you haven't already, put the grip on it and just hip fire it. I NEVER ADS the shotgun anymore and I have gotten some spectacularly cruel one shot kills from across the room, you can seriously take out a room full of enemies with four well placed shots!!
Edit* I forgot to add that don't play HC so you can do this in TDM!! :party:
I haven't earned the grip yet, but I think I only need a couple more kills. I really never used the shottys in this game as I found them to be pretty ineffective, but one day I equipped this one and ran into the house on estate and took out three baddies within 10 seconds with it. I have LOVED it ever since. Now I keep my scar out when out in the open, but as soon as I enter a building or walk around a corner between buildings the shotty comes out!

snowman
07-15-2010, 07:43 AM
For run and gun I have two classes (well one class that I change depending on my mood): P90 with red dot, sleight of hand pro (or scavenger pro, though I don't usually live long enough to need it), stopping power pro, and ninja pro. If I want to be stealthy: P90 silenced, sleight of hand pro (scavenger pro, same reason as above), cold-blooded pro, and ninja pro. Secondary for both is almost always akimbo'd rangers, but sometimes I will put on G18 with red dot (I really want G18s akimbo'd), and even rarer still I go with a pistol cause I want the tac knife (I'm just a long way away from it except the .44 mag, i'm 25 away I think).

Although I am considering switching to M16, ACR, SCAR, or UMP 45 as a primary silenced so I have some long distance but the reason I have this class is to flank so I shouldn't need to take long shots (I'm just a mid to long shooter cause I lose CQB encounters. lol)

DB4
07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
heck, I run and gun with the silenced Tar-21. Only Subbys I use are mini-uzi and p90....UMP-45 occasionally.
Charlie, I want to use the g18's akimboed...but, the shottys are too damn good.

It feels like the G18s give you more range than shotguns. What is interesting about them is that their rate of fire is like having the rapid fire attachment and they seem to have a good amount of power. Actually what I think kind of helps in the take-an-enemy-down-quick department is their high recoil. Aim mid torso at first and as you fire and the gun starts pulling up. This actually often ends up in getting headshots, or if nothing else the higher that you make contact on the enemy's torso the more damage that is accumulated, this and the high rate of fire helps you dispatch the enemy quickly.

I have heard that steady aim helps out with accuracy as well but I haven't really given that a shot.

Borlaxx
10-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Okay, I have determined that the RPD is the best gun in this game for me to the point that I have a hard time playing with anything else, and I like to think I am pretty damn good with it. I have several RPD classes set up with little differences depending on the map and flow of the game.

FRANK THE TANK <---This is the class I use the most
Primary: RPD w/ Grip
Secondary: M1014 w/ Grip (will be replaced with extended mags once I get them again)
Equipment: Frag
2nd Equip: Flashbang
Perk 1: Scavenger Pro
Perk 2: Stopping Power Pro
Perk 3: Sitrep (have a long way to go to get pro, but it has saved me from death by claymore many times).

The above class is my go to class for most matches. Kills very fast, and is the class I use for rushing.

DOWN FROM THE SKY
Secondary: Stinger
Equipment: Claymore
Perk 2: Cold Blooded Pro
Perk 3: Ninja Pro

This is the class I use when the enemy air support just needs to come down.

SNEAKIE MCSNEAKERTON
Primary: RPD w/ Grip and Silencer
Secondary: M1014 w/ Grip
Perk 1: Bling Pro

The class I use on maps like Wasteland and Rundown so people can't find me.

I'M A NINJA! <---renamed in Retro's honor
Secondary: M1014 w/ Grip

Basically the same as the sneaking class, but without the silencer so I can take people down easier, and with scavenger so I never run out of ammo, although with the RPD that isn't much of a problem. I use this class if the enemy uses UAV all the time, but no offensive air support that I need to take out of the sky with my Down From The Sky Class.

In addition to these, I have a SCAR-H class set up with FMJ's so I can get the extended mags (loved this gun first prestige, but hard to stop using the RPD this prestige), and another set up with the SCAR-H with noob toobs, danger close pro, and scavenger pro for the times the noob toobers are getting on my nerves and I feel it is time to fight fire with fire.

RC-1136
10-14-2010, 01:31 PM
heck, I run and gun with the silenced Tar-21. Only Subbys I use are mini-uzi and p90....UMP-45 occasionally.
Charlie, I want to use the g18's akimboed...but, the shottys are too damn good.

It feels like the G18s give you more range than shotguns. What is interesting about them is that their rate of fire is like having the rapid fire attachment and they seem to have a good amount of power. Actually what I think kind of helps in the take-an-enemy-down-quick department is their high recoil. Aim mid torso at first and as you fire and the gun starts pulling up. This actually often ends up in getting headshots, or if nothing else the higher that you make contact on the enemy's torso the more damage that is accumulated, this and the high rate of fire helps you dispatch the enemy quickly.

I have heard that steady aim helps out with accuracy as well but I haven't really given that a shot.

I always drop shot with my G18. The recoil moves it up to get a head shot most of the time.

Here are my favorite classes.

1. Primary: Scar With Extended Mags
G18 w/ FMJ (Until I unlock Akimbos)
Equipemnt: Claymore
Spec Grenade: Stun
Perk 3: Steady Aim

2. Primary: UMP w/ Silencer
Equipemnt: Semtex
Perk 1: Marathon Pro

I use this when ruching in S&D and small Maps in TDM

3. Primary: SCAR w/ Silencer
Perk 1: Marathon Pro

I use this mostly for defending in S&D

4. Primary: SCAR w/ RDS
Secondary: Stinger Missile
Perk 2: Cold Blooded
Perk 3: Steady Aim

This is my anti-air support class.

If I am playing HC I switch Stopping Power for Cold Blooded

10-14-2010, 02:56 PM
To Borlax: I have been trying some new guns and the RPD is one of my new favorites. I use it with bling (don't need extra ammo) with a grip and holographic (until I get FMJ). I really like it on maps like vacant and terminal where I can sit in the back and spray.
My Try Hard Class: (I use this if I want to win and feel aggressive).
UMP (Best subby period) w/silencer or fmj
spas with grip or holo
perk 1: Sleight of Hand
perk 2: Stopping Power
Perk 3: Steady Aim or Ninja
Try Hard 2: (Sit back and rape class).
Tar Silenced
AA12 w/extended mags (godly chainsaw that beats everything close range)
perk 1:Scavenger
Perk 2: SP
perk 3: Ninja (gotta sound whore)
Stuns
Claymores

Borlaxx
10-14-2010, 03:06 PM
To Borlax: I have been trying some new guns and the RPD is one of my new favorites. I use it with bling (don't need extra ammo) with a grip and holographic (until I get FMJ). I really like it on maps like vacant and terminal where I can sit in the back and spray.
:-bd

I love the feeling I get when I take down 3+ people on the other team one after another as they round a corner coming for me. That gun makes me feel like a tank with legs. Sure, you move like you have cement in your shoes, and if you have to reload in the middle of a firefight, you are dead, but no other gun in the game allows you to make a stand and just destroy person after person coming at you without having to reload. Also, with the grip, it is very accurate. I love it when a sniper misses their first shot at me, and I turn around and blast them out of the window they were camping from the same distance :devil: I also love the AUG LMG, but it is very different. I will probably try some of the other LMGs next time I play, as I find I like being a heavy gunner, especially since so few others use those guns for some reason (probably because the slow movement makes commando useless).

You should try not using one of the other sites. IMO the iron site on the RPD is the best iron site in the game. Very accurate and doesn't block your view as much as the red dot and holographic sites do. The gun is also brutal with a silencer, because you don't have to worry about the loss in range with so many bullets to fire before having to reload.

Psalm
10-14-2010, 03:09 PM
I relized the other day I got my 1000 kills with every single assualt rifle....sweet.

Borlaxx
10-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I relized the other day I got my 1000 kills with every single assualt rifle....sweet.
For some reason I just can't do as well with the ARs as I did my first time through. I used to LOVE the Scar. Now I am on Team RPD!!!!!! :x