PDA

View Full Version : Perks....a guide, and your fave

Psalm
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Here is a nice list of all the perks. The only one I haven't unlocked is One-Man Army. What are your fave? What don't you like about some?
And why do you use them?
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/Etuey/468px-MW2_Perks.jpg

Trez
01-11-2010, 03:14 PM
How do you unlock Pro versions? What's the difference? What's SitRep?

MOMof_TWO
01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Depends what game i'm playing but if i'm playing hardcore i use cold blooded and ninja and scavenger ... regular team deathmatch i like using bling pro, stopping power pro and steady aim pro (my aim sucks lol) .... sitrep i believe is detecting enemy claymores?? i may be mistaken tho havnt used it yet

trandell
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm just getting started up the ranks, but I like Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando for most maps. I'm working on my melee kills since my aim REALLY sucks and I need a confidence booster and I love slitting throats.

Psalm
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
How do you unlock Pro versions? What's the difference? What's SitRep?
yeah as Mom said... as far as I can tell sitrep is like old bomb squad...allows you to see claymores and c4. I thinkit will also show them if you pull up the whole map as well....
Pro versions are unlocked as challenges of using the perk long enough...for instance I got 250 kills with the stopping power perk, therefore I unlocked Stopping power Pro, which gave me increased stopping power against vehicles and choppers for instance...

....so I find using Sleight of hand Pro for tier one (it makes your ADS and reloads much faster) or Scavenger Pro (picking up more claymores/Semtex grenades/throwing knives.
Cold-blooded , because I suck (invisiblity to heartbeat detectors, UAV, and theramal) helpful. sometimes stopping power...as my tier 2
and lastly, I usually use Steady Aim Pro.....ocassionally Ninja Pro (silent footsteps...again cuz I suck)

I gave up on scrambler...because when you get near a person. It scrambles their radar....backfiring on the reason you use it...they then know you are near...it fades in and out as compared to uav-jamming.

I'm using Final Stand as my deathstreak perk...it allows you to crawl around with your rifle/sub (like last stand but better) if you survive the hit and make it for 30 seconds or so...you revive and get back up.

My current kill streak setup is Predator missle (5) Harrier (7) and chopper gunner (11)....I unlocked the Tactical Nuke...but, will probably never equip it!!!! lol

DB4
01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
i unlocked the tactical nuke too. why? i have no idea.

RATA MUERTA
01-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Psalm--Scavenger Pro gives you extra mags like Bandolier used to, it by itself always refills your grenades and flashes.

Cold-blooded Pro is pretty cool b/c you don't have a red name or red crosshairs. I poo poo Scrambler but the Pro gives you the ablity to run past claymores and they don't go off right away, so in light of that Scrambler is pretty cool, even though they always know where you are. Commando Pro allows you to jump from any height and not take any damage (one of my favs). I have the five classes set up differently there is a light class with Marathon Lightweight and Commando + tactical knife which is great for maps like Favela and Quarry where you can jump in and out of buildings and rooftops quickly without damage. My main squeeze is my "Senor Sneaky Pants" class with is a Silenced Ak or Scar with Stinger missile, claymores, flashes, and Scavenger, Cold-Blooded, and Ninja...you can really take down just about anything out of the sky with the stinger. Another good class that I like is lots of firepower, start with something with a grenade launcher and the Bazooka with Scavenger, Danger Close and whatever third class you like best, great for maps like Wasteland.

DB4
01-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Counter UAV will probably be the last Kill Streak Bonus that I unlock. I also don't think I have the patience to unlock SitRep Pro (makes enemy footsteps louder), though I am curious to know how much louder they would be.

DarksideDave
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
I've set up my custom classes and have found myself using most of the perks. I like bling pro & cold blooded. Mainly 'cause I'm crap. Ninja too for the same reason. If I'm feeling agressive then steady aim, sleight of hand pro & stopping power. This usually results in a right arse kicking from better players but plenty of revenge kills! Buzzin'!!!

MyBoomStk
01-29-2010, 08:43 AM
I haven't done it yet. But I am gonna set up a Douche Bag class with Scar w/greneade launcher, Thumper , claymores, Scavenger pro, Cold Blooded Pro, and Ninja Pro. Prolly only use it for those certain occasions. You all know what I'm talking about so no need to go into details.

But 90% of the time I run ACR w/ Holographic Sight , M1014 shotgun, Claymore, Scavenger pro, Cold-Blooded Pro, and Ninja. I have most of the pro classes unlocked except for Sitrep, One man Army, and Last stand. Been working on the last stand pro but it seems as useless as the last stand in MWR.

Borlaxx
01-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Been working on the last stand pro but it seems as useless as the last stand in MWR.
I thought I read somewhere that with last stand pro you can crawl around and if you survive the bleed out you stand back up.

Psalm
01-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I have mine set to Scavenger Pro, Cold-Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro right now....seems to work well

plus Claymores and Last Stand...I have lived it out a few times

MyBoomStk
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Been working on the last stand pro but it seems as useless as the last stand in MWR.
I thought I read somewhere that with last stand pro you can crawl around and if you survive the bleed out you stand back up.

You can if you set your 4 death streak thing. (forgot the exact name for this) But with the Last stand perk you do bleed out.

RATA MUERTA
01-30-2010, 01:45 PM

You can if you set your 4 death streak thing. (forgot the exact name for this) But with the Last stand perk you do bleed out.
There are two distinct Last Stand options, the old Last Stand as a third perk in which you can move around. The Pro version of this allows you to use all of your equipment (grenades claymores flash etc). Then there is Final Stand which is a death streak perk, it is a similar idea except that you have your regular gun and if you survive your bleedout you will stand back up, one of the best death streak perks if you ask me.

Psalm
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
THE best page I have seen so far on perks and what they do....sweet
http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/perks/

connected
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Since i am an assault rifle kind of guy. I usually go with perk 1 (slight of hand) perk 2 (stopping power) perk 3 (last stand)
Smaller maps using auto. perk 1 (Bling) perk 2 (hard line) perk 3 (commando)

Deathstreak: Final Stand

Daemachoe
02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
My favorite set up is:

1) Scavenger Pro; Bullet Penetration; and Commando OR

2) Scavenger Pro, BUllet Penetration; Scrambler

It depends on what map I am on Commando is really great in tight spaces.

DB4
02-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Right now I am loving One Man Army Pro, but I can't help feeling dirty when I use it. If you like Scavenger you will love OMA.

RATA MUERTA
02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Right now I am loving One Man Army Pro, but I can't help feeling dirty when I use it. If you like Scavenger you will love OMA.
Don't feel dirty, there isn't anything wrong with using something that they put in the game on purpose for YOU to USE!!!

Borlaxx
02-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Commando Pro is BAD ASS!!!!!! I really sucked at knifing people to begin with, and I still am not as good as some I have encountered, but I have been getting a lot of knife kills with Commando, and since I have unlocked Commando Pro I enjoy jumping off of a high area and landing right behind someone and then knifing them :devil: Last night I played a FFA match on Quarry in which I got 6 knife kills in a matter of a couple minutes, and infected 6 people :D FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!!!

Psalm
02-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Commando Pro is BAD ASS!!!!!! I really sucked at knifing people to begin with, and I still am not as good as some I have encountered, but I have been getting a lot of knife kills with Commando, and since I have unlocked Commando Pro I enjoy jumping off of a high area and landing right behind someone and then knifing them :devil: Last night I played a FFA match on Quarry in which I got 6 knife kills in a matter of a couple minutes, and infected 6 people :D FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!!!
Nate, level up your pistol and get the tactical knife... Tac knife+Commando Pro = sick

Borlaxx
02-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Nate, level up your pistol and get the tactical knife... Tac knife+Commando Pro = sick
I will have to do that. I really haven't been using my secondary weapons at all as I always die before running out of ammo on my main weapon L-) I have noticed the shotguns are fucking badass in buildings on maps like Favela. Which pistol would you suggest I level up keeping in mind that I think I am only level 26 or something near there (just unlocked Cold Blooded perk)? Also, does the tac knife attach to your pistol or something, or does it just replace your normal knife?

Psalm
02-04-2010, 09:14 AM
I think I just used the first pistol (M9?) and did it. Can't remember how many kills it was. Almost every secondary weapon is overpowered. Akimbo Ranger shotguns with FMJ are crazy on small maps. No it doesn't attach you hold it in your left hand while you have the pistol out... The Tac Knife Melees quicker than the regular knife. Thats how fools get the knife on you before you do.

RATA MUERTA
02-04-2010, 11:24 AM
If you don't want to wait to try out the tactical knife one of the preset classes has it. I leveled it up last time on the .44 mag and I just run around with that as my main weapon, it IS SICK :devil: :devil:

lore77
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Recently unlocked One Man Army. I remade my classes with OMA except one where I have the stinger as secondary.
This is working out pretty good for me, I can switch my loadout on the fly depending on how the match is going.
If I strt to run ou of amo I just reload the setup I want. OMA is a pretty sweet perk :)

DB4
02-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Recently unlocked One Man Army. I remade my classes with OMA except one where I have the stinger as secondary.
This is working out pretty good for me, I can switch my loadout on the fly depending on how the match is going.
If I strt to run ou of amo I just reload the setup I want. OMA is a pretty sweet perk :)

just wait until you get pro status. It switches classes twice as fast.
Also, it's especially nice when the enemy calls in a UAV to be able to switch to a class with Cold-Blooded and be able to switch back when the UAV is gone. :devil:

lore77
02-09-2010, 10:01 AM

just wait until you get pro status. It switches classes twice as fast.
Also, it's especially nice when the enemy calls in a UAV to be able to switch to a class with Cold-Blooded and be able to switch back when the UAV is gone. :devil:

I unlocked Pro and it is much faster.
I usually run around with Ninja Pro and coldblooded as my other 2 perks on all of my other classes.
I didn't think about just having 1 of the classes just for Airsupport/ Sentry gun avoidance.
Guess I'll make the Avoidance class with a M16, a stinger, coldbloded/ninja/One man

Now the only thing to figure out is if I would rather replace coldbloded on the other classes with stopping power pro or hardline pro.
Danger close and lightweight aren't that usefull for the micro-camping\run&gun play style that seems to work out best for me.

Borlaxx
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
For those of you who use Ninja Pro, is it worth it? I am going to unlock it for the XP, but I find regular Ninja to be pretty useless. Sure, it is good if someone is using a heartbeat sensor, but otherwise it is pointless especially compared to Cold Blooded. I guess moving silently could help, but I don't think this one is gonna stay on my classes after I get the XP.

Also, Scrambler - does anyone else find this to be useless? The only thing it seems to do is let others know you are nearby and put them on guard. I have walked right by a few campers only to have their scrambler let me know someone is near by, so I double back and kill them.

Psalm
02-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I think scrambler is lame....Ninja pro mainly because there are still plenty of HB sensors...and what other perk would you use?...I think the rest are lame in the third slot.

Borlaxx
02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I think scrambler is lame....Ninja pro mainly because there are still plenty of HB sensors...and what other perk would you use?...I think the rest are lame in the third slot.
Commando Pro!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Psalm
02-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Commando pro is good for your tact knife/marathon/lightweight class but, for AR's I use Ninja Pro..If I am running around the outskirts of the map with akimboed shottys...I hardly use my knife. So I'd rather that the HB sensor kids can't find me....

Borlaxx
02-16-2010, 07:03 PM
If you don't want to wait to try out the tactical knife one of the preset classes has it. I leveled it up last time on the .44 mag and I just run around with that as my main weapon, it IS SICK :devil: :devil:
Psalm suggested this too and I tried it out. Nah, not for me. I find the speed in movement you gain and the faster knife isn't good enough to be running around with a pistol instead of a regular weapon. Think I will keep my stabbing class with a SMG, marathon, lightweight and commando.

DB4
02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
i use SitRep in tier 3 mostly. its especially useful in dom and HC. its a beast to get it to pro status. i have been using it for a while and still have about 50 more devices to destroy. the problem with SitRep though is that it is either superadvantageous or not useful at all if people arent using detectable devices. However, paired with One Man Army I can bring it out, do a quick survey and switch back to something else.

RATA MUERTA
02-17-2010, 11:14 AM
I love that SitRep really lets you know from any part of the map where the people are, it reminds me to stay far away from my claymores too. It makes it much easier to complete that challenge where you have to shoot the enemy device and take one out in the explosion.

Has anyone used the C4 at all yet?? We were trying it out the other day and since not so many people use it, it is unexpected and deadly with Danger Close on :devil: :devil:

04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
I used to use cold-blooded a lot but I would always lose a gunfight so I only use it for my stinger class. My favorite perks are scavenger and sleight of hand for the blue. Stopping power for the red and Ninja for the yellow. The one perk that makes me very upset (anyone that has played with me should know this) is commando. I do not use this perk and I think it is ridiculous to be able to teleport through a shotgun blast and stab someone. I know a lot of people use this perk and I do not have anything bad to say about anyone but... c'mon. I have left games that I was winning because someone kept doing this. Every other perk has its merits though. Have a great day :D

Psalm
04-21-2010, 01:38 PM
I used to use cold-blooded a lot but I would always lose a gunfight so I only use it for my stinger class. My favorite perks are scavenger and sleight of hand for the blue. Stopping power for the red and Ninja for the yellow. The one perk that makes me very upset (anyone that has played with me should know this) is commando. I do not use this perk and I think it is ridiculous to be able to teleport through a shotgun blast and stab someone. I know a lot of people use this perk and I do not have anything bad to say about anyone but... c'mon. I have left games that I was winning because someone kept doing this. Every other perk has its merits though. Have a great day :D
I think we have been in games together when they were rampant...I hate the commando kids...as I call em'
as an old man with slow reactions....sleight of hand pro is a must for me...

Psalm
04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
oh...I agree. I have had good luck with akimboed pp2000's against commando kids. Sometimes they just manage to teleport on top of you.

Trez
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM
LOL! I even know how cheap commando is and I don't play the game. I even mentioned the perk in my FFA commentary.

lore77
06-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Now that I don't have it, I can honestly say: I Miss ColdBloded!!!
Cover... Must find Cover.... Ahhhhhhhh !!!!!!

RC-1136
06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
LOL! I even know how cheap commando is and I don't play the game. I even mentioned the perk in my FFA commentary.

I don't have much to choose from yet, and I am desparate for kills, so I use Commando. I still have trouble knifing. My favorite load out right now is:

Scar-H w/ ACOG
AA-12
Semtex
Flash Grenade
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power
Commando

Psalm
06-28-2010, 01:49 PM
RC, i have found sleight of hand is better when you are first playing this game and getting used to the analog controls. The Sleight of hand "pro" version makes you aim down sight almost twice as fast...it is a great perk and allows you the extra millisaecond to get rounds on your enemy first. not to metion the quick reloads. (and with the scar you have to reload a lot!!)
Scavenger is a great perk and I use it a lot now...but, you have to be alive for extended periods of time to need it.

RC-1136
06-28-2010, 02:33 PM
That is a great point, Psalm. I started off with Sleight of Hand and then switched it when I unlocked scavenger. I think I am going to switch in back. I do like basically having unlimited grenades with scavenger, but your right about having to stay alive to use it. Most of the time I don't stay alive that long. Thanks.

Psalm
06-28-2010, 03:11 PM
That is a great point, Psalm. I started off with Sleight of Hand and then switched it when I unlocked scavenger. I think I am going to switch in back. I do like basically having unlimited grenades with scavenger, but your right about having to stay alive to use it. Most of the time I don't stay alive that long. Thanks.
scavenger is awesome once you unlock claymores....*place claymore* back up boom +100 *scavenge dead body* *place claymore* back up boom +100....repeat.
always remember that this game is built on revenge kills and that the person you killed will come back to the scene of the crime....you just have to be ready for him...lol

Borlaxx
06-29-2010, 08:00 AM
scavenger is awesome once you unlock claymores....*place claymore* back up boom +100 *scavenge dead body* *place claymore* back up boom +100....repeat.
always remember that this game is built on revenge kills and that the person you killed will come back to the scene of the crime....you just have to be ready for him...lol

You're so right Psalm with the revenge kills...
Note that with claymores do not work effectively with kiddie commando's...
Yup, I keep scavenger pro on mainly for the claymores as I usually die before too long, but I also like taking shots at people who are far away, and that often uses up a lot of bullets and without scavenger I would probably run out more often than I realize.

And Dre is right about the Kiddie Kommandos. Although there is a perk (Sit Rep Pro) that causes your claymores to delay exploding, if someone has lightweight on as a perk and they are carrying a weapon like a SMG that doesn't weigh them down they can run fast enough to where they will get by your claymore before it explodes and just knife you.

snowman
06-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Been knifed right after the claymore clicks a few times. I disagree with you Psalm. You do not have to stay alive a long time to use Scavenger you just have to waste all your ammo for one kill. Who does that . . . -> THIS GUY! <-
I like Scavenger for claymores and noob tube classes, Sleight of hand for LMGs, marathon and lightweight with kiddie commando is nice but I can't stay alive long enough with it. I guess I haven't learned how to use it. Cold blooded is about the only tier two perk I use. I have used hard line extensively in the beginning and stopping power occasionally but I can't give up cold blooded. Ninja is usually my tier 3. I don't like being UAV hunted or heart beat sensor hunted. I also can't quit using the SCAR, it's too good. I use the M4 to noob tube.

TonkaToys
06-29-2010, 09:32 AM
You're so right Psalm with the revenge kills...
Note that with claymores do not work effectively with kiddie commando's...

If you've got scav, you can place two clays near each other, so that when the 1st goes off just after the runner goes by, it sets off the second which catches them. Or stick a clay on a choke point, where the runner pauses / runs into something.

If you can't get used to the M16 and it's 3 round burst, match it up with stopping power and it's killer!

This weapon is fantastic; it took me a while to get used to 3-burst, but seriously it is worth it.
Just prestiged and have automatically chosen to use the FAMAS which is also a 3-burster. (Apparently does more damage at range too than the M16.

RC-1136
06-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Used slight of hand last night and loved it. Especailly with the AA-12. I unlocked the Thermal Scope for the SCAR last night. That is cool for some maps. Going to use Steady Aim with that scope since I tend to shoot more from the hip. This will only by my camping class. I also use scavenger pro, hardline, with Tactical Insertion. Good for defending.

THUNDERCAT
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I have been using Marathon Hardline and NInja or commando. Loving the ACR and M16 but cant get use to the Ak-47. Speaking of Hardline does anybody Know any cool killstreaks to setup? Im running predator missle, airstrike, and harrier most of the time. I have tried the AC130 but i fail with it most times and it dosent seem to hang around long enough for me to get the hang of it. But the Predator Missle is the best thing ever.

Borlaxx
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I have been using Marathon Hardline and NInja or commando. Loving the ACR and M16 but cant get use to the Ak-47. Speaking of Hardline does anybody Know any cool killstreaks to setup? Im running predator missle, airstrike, and harrier most of the time. I have tried the AC130 but i fail with it most times and it dosent seem to hang around long enough for me to get the hang of it. But the Predator Missle is the best thing ever.
IMO Chopper Gunner is better than AC130. It is easier for them to blast you out of the sky, but a lot easier to get kills.

Trez
07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Damn you've unlocked the AK already L/H? That's a level 70 wep isn't it? Or have you just picked it up?

Miss you bud. Did you ever check out my latest commentary? Shout outs to you!

THUNDERCAT
07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I had a little help. When i first got the game i hated it so i let my sop play with my profile. And then i played it one day and loved it. So i gave him some money and he gave it back. Shame on me! So i actually started around 40ish rank.

Borlaxx
07-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I had a little help. When i first got the game i hated it so i let my sop play with my profile. And then i played it one day and loved it. So i gave him some money and he gave it back. Shame on me! So i actually started around 40ish rank.
That is still a lot of ranking up in a short time period. I think I am at level 61 and I have had the game since January. Then again, I play MW2 a fraction of the time that others play it. If I had all the time I spent on Dragonage I would probably be on my second prestige by now.

LUNCHBOX828
07-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I agree about the m16 with stopping power,I was a scar user untill i got used to the m16 it takes a while,and a plus its a good "sniper rifle" with the thermal scope for the hard to see maps, but mainly i run it with red dot, As far as killstreaks most of the time im running harrier,chopper gunner and nuke, but sometimes i switch it up.Perks i like marathon pro stopping power pro and ninja pro for my m16, My run and gun class i like ump45 with silencer and .44 mag with tac knife marathon lightweight and ninja.And my noobtube class i run scar wit tha tube and thumper,scavenger pro danger close pro and ninja pro.

DB4
07-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I have had a lot of success with G18s as my secondary. They are beast with or without Akimbo. I've almost got extended mags unlocked for them. Can't wait to see how long I can spray with the extendos.

RC-1136
07-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I've been using the G18, too. I love it. Reminds me of the Mini-uzi a little. I just unlocked it so I have no attachments for it yet.

LUNCHBOX828
07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Ive not used the g18s but a couple times, maybe 15 kills with them.But i hate running into the guy with em lol i seem to lose that battle but not as bad as running into the guy with the rangers that seem to shoot a mile away lol

THUNDERCAT
07-01-2010, 03:19 PM
That is still a lot of ranking up in a short time period. I think I am at level 61 and I have had the game since January. Then again, I play MW2 a fraction of the time that others play it. If I had all the time I spent on Dragonage I would probably be on my second prestige by now.

Yeah B i noticed you dont play much. But for someone that dosent you are pretty good. Hope to be at that skill level soon.

Borlaxx
07-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Yup, pretty much only game on the weekends.