PDA

View Full Version : God Of War III

Borlaxx
02-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Okay, played the demo of this game last night and it is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!! The game play is fantastic, the graphics are amazing, the sound and music is top notch, and the game is more brutal and gory than the other two GoW games. This demo is what they had as E3 last year, so I have read that since that time they have improved this section of the game to add more varied enemies, better graphics (which is hard to believe) and more gore. I am so glad I reserved this. This is going to be game of the year, mark my words.

To play the demo I had to reserve the game at Gamestop and I got a card with a code to enter on the PSN. U can also get the code by buying the God of War collection for PS3 with the two first games. However, I am going to check online to see if the code I have is the same for everyone. If so, I will post it here so everyone with a PS3 can try the demo. I didn't see any language on the code card or when downloading saying that was not allowed.

Borlaxx
02-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Sorry, the codes are individual and are tied to your psn account, so unless I sign in on your PS3 you cannot use my code. Still, if you are getting this game, which u should, it is worth going ahead and putting down the $5 to reserve it and get the code. I think the full game comes out 3/16.

DB4
02-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Sorry, the codes are individual and are tied to your psn account, so unless I sign in on your PS3 you cannot use my code.

So then I will just need your PSN account password and the code to unlock the demo please... :smug: ... :-w

Kiwin
02-28-2010, 04:56 AM
The GoW3 Demo is on the EU PSN now. Haven't checked the US version yet.

Borlaxx
03-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Yup, the GoW3 demo is now available for anyone to download. I suggest everyone give it a try to see the epic awesomeness, and then realize that the code in the demo is over a year old and has apparently been greatly improved since that time, which is really hard to believe.

I can't wait for this game :!!

Borlaxx
03-02-2010, 12:40 PM
New GoWIII preview (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/godofwariii/news.html?sid=6252626&tag=topslot;title;1&mode=previews) on Gamespot...............CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Borlaxx
03-08-2010, 12:56 PM
First review (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/godofwariii/review.html?tag=topslot;title;1) I have read on Gamespot. I am wondering if they are having reviews posted early in error. This game doesn't come out until 03/16, and they also already posted a review for the new Final Fantasy which doesn't come out until tomorrow.

Either way, I am so psyched!!!!!

DB4
03-08-2010, 05:28 PM
[yt:2hkpoxo8]yPXFf1eNai4[/yt:2hkpoxo8]

Wow. This is my next game. period. And yes, Regis, that is the final answer.

I hope I will be able to pick it up when it comes out. =p~

Psalm
03-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow...that looks pretty good. i really had no interest in this game...but, 10/10 is making me rethink that.
hmmm..buying my 6th game since Christmas might make the Wife a little pissed though.... ;) :D

Borlaxx
03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Both of u need to try the demo. Anyone can download it now. Try it and bask in the awesomeness. Then sit in disbelief when u realize the beta code in that demo is over a year old and that the finished product is apparently much better.

DB4
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
The only reason I haven't downloaded the demo yet is because I don't want to spoil anything. I can tell this game is awesome, I don't think I will need to demo it to figure that out. ;)

edit: i guess the other reason that i haven't downoladed the demo is that i do not see a demo to download. looked for it today as i was going throught the lists.

DB4
03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh darn. i had to man up and deliver some pizzas today.... Random people handing me money like "thanks for the pizza. here's 5 bucks you can put towards God of War 3" :devil: easy money! and the wife can't get too mad because I am not pulling money out of our general funds. FTW!

Borlaxx
03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Got the most recent issue of Game Informer yesterday and both the main review and the second opinion were 10/10 :D

DB4
03-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Broke down and downloaded the demo last night.

I must say, for a button masher, the style of combat is very rewarding. I also have to LOL at the fact that Sony was not satisfied with the graphics and lighting in this game from a year ago. Hard for me to see what they were still trying to improve upon.

I am very exicited to pick this title up. This game is one of those reasons why a gamer like myself would choose a PS3 over other consoles. I should be able to pick this one up on the release date. I am pretty sure that GameStop is doing a midnight release as well... very tempting.

Borlaxx
03-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Broke down and downloaded the demo last night.

I must say, for a button masher, the style of combat is very rewarding. I also have to LOL at the fact that Sony was not satisfied with the graphics and lighting in this game from a year ago. Hard for me to see what they were still trying to improve upon.

I am very exicited to pick this title up. This game is one of those reasons why a gamer like myself would choose a PS3 over other consoles. I should be able to pick this one up on the release date. I am pretty sure that GameStop is doing a midnight release as well... very tempting.
I have always loved the combat in these games, and the 3rd installment seems to be the best. Epic combos, many different moves, juggling enemies, multiple weapons, interactive environments, context sensitive attacks, etc. The first God of War is the game that introduced context sensitive controls to action games, and although many action games since have used this mechanic, no one does it better.

DB4
03-12-2010, 05:35 PM
just reserved my copy. paid in full. Woot! can't wait.

Borlaxx
03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
This is coming out at midnight tonight! Don't think I will be going to the midnight release as I have to work tomorrow and if I stay up all night playing and get little sleep I will be a grumpy mess and probably will piss off my wife which will lead to no gaming at all. Should be getting it as soon as I get out of work tomorrow afternoon.

However, somehow I managed to hurt my right wrist last weekend. I have been ignoring the pain and just dealing with it for a little over a week now. The pain comes and goes, but is not completely going away. The wife wants me to see a doctor today, but my fear is that I will need to use a splint or something and will not be able to game for some time. Been putting it off specifically for this reason, but I need to get it checked out. If that means I can't play GOWIII I am going to be a sad Borlax :(

Psalm
03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
This is coming out at midnight tonight! Don't think I will be going to the midnight release as I have to work tomorrow and if I stay up all night playing and get little sleep I will be a grumpy mess and probably will piss off my wife which will lead to no gaming at all. Should be getting it as soon as I get out of work tomorrow afternoon.

However, somehow I managed to hurt my right wrist last weekend. I have been ignoring the pain and just dealing with it for a little over a week now. The pain comes and goes, but is not completely going away. The wife wants me to see a doctor today, but my fear is that I will need to use a splint or something and will not be able to game for some time. Been putting it off specifically for this reason, but I need to get it checked out. If that means I can't play GOWIII I am going to be a sad Borlax :(
ignoring wrist injury so you can play a video game = addicted..... =))
I'd probably do the same thing...lol

Borlaxx
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
ignoring wrist injury so you can play a video game = addicted..... =))
I'd probably do the same thing...lol
LOL! I know. Can't figure out of that makes me B-) or a L-)

Borlaxx
03-16-2010, 07:06 AM
I will be picking this game up today after work and will be playing it for hours tonight, hurt wrist be damned!

[yt:3jdu94ru]NOUy1W_cJS4[/yt:3jdu94ru]

DB4
03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Just picked it up a couple hours ago. I simply cannot describe the magnitude of its epicness! (lol) I was going back and forth between this and BC2. All I can say is that I am not disappointed in my decision. Even right from the beginning of this game are sequences that are usually reserved for the end of a game.

I highly recommend this title to everyone. (Just as long as you can stomach a little bit of gore. A little blood and guts never hurt anybody)

I'll let Borlax, write the "official" review for this one. He's good at that kind of thing. But I will, say this: This game is easily going to be on the short list of the greatest games of all time. If not the greatest in it's genre. I am not worthy! LOL

Trez
03-16-2010, 08:07 PM
NextGenTactics has got chapter by chapter playthroughs going up. I'll definitely be checking those out.

Borlaxx
03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I will post a detailed review after I have played the game some more.

I will just say that the word "epic" isn't, well, epic enough to describe this game so far. The opening credits alone had me giddy before even playing the game. There were moments I was on the verge of crying tears of joy it was so awesome.....

DB4
03-17-2010, 01:16 PM
I encountered this bug/glitch. today. kind of disheartening. This is exactly why that multiple save slots are going to be important for this game too. The word on the street is that this has occured do to a corrupted save file..which means I will have to go back and do it again...I am going to put a spoiler tag on this just because. I don't really think that it is that much of a spoiler though... the link contains a youtube vid (not done by me).

[spoiler:12wqvfzp][yt:12wqvfzp]XHroUWhzsYI[/yt:12wqvfzp][/spoiler:12wqvfzp]

Borlaxx
03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
I encountered this bug/glitch. today. kind of disheartening. This is exactly why that multiple save slots are going to be important for this game too. The word on the street is that this has occured do to a corrupted save file..which means I will have to go back and do it again...I am going to put a spoiler tag on this just because. I don't really think that it is that much of a spoiler though... the link contains a youtube vid (not done by me).

[spoiler:1ut257jh][yt:1ut257jh]XHroUWhzsYI[/yt:1ut257jh][/spoiler:1ut257jh]
I will have to look at that later. I wonder how common it is. I have read many, many reviews of people who played the game through multiple times prior to launch and I haven't read anything about glitches. Oh well. That is what patches are for I guess.

EDIT: checked it out already. I believe I am pass this part already, so didn't effect me.....I think. Probably gonna be a patch soon. Almost every new game has a glitch of some kind, but thankfully in the days of DLC they can be fixed after launch.

DB4
03-17-2010, 03:06 PM
fortunately I had a previous save point that wasn't too far behind of where I was at. I loaded that save and was able to move past that point with no problems. I am currently trying to beat Hades in the boss battle. He is hard as hell to defeat(no pun intended). BTW, I am playing on the normal difficulty.
God I love this game!

Borlaxx
03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
fortunately I had a previous save point that wasn't too far behind of where I was at. I loaded that save and was able to move past that point with no problems. I am currently trying to beat Hades in the boss battle. He is hard as hell to defeat(no pun intended). BTW, I am playing on the normal difficulty.
God I love this game!
I am playing on normal too. What I have always loved about GOW games it that they are challenging without being cheap. If you just button mash, like you can in so many other action games, you will die. You have to learn to plan your combos ahead of time depending on the situation. You can disrupt some enemies attacks by unleashing a massive combo on them, others you have to get in a shot or two and then dodge out of the way or block their incoming attack. To do well in a GOW game you have to be "strategically brutal." :devil:

Borlaxx
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
OMFG!!!! This game is so AMAZING!!! DB4, I just beat Hades last night. Damn, that was an epic, challenging battle! Did you use you blades to light up the area you fight him in before he appears? Those are probably the best lighting effects I have ever seen! The light reflecting off the walls made of corpses was just unbelievable. I played for a little bit more after that and got to the section that was in the demo and....
[spoiler:1dc7sasm]They did somehow manage to make that section much more bad ass, even though I didn't think it was possible!!!! Graphics are better, the contrast it superb and gives things more depth, the battles are more intense, severing Gia's hand was epic, and the lead up to ripping off Helio's head was much better with the dialog and having to block the light as you approach him and boot stomp him first!!!! I am in the area right after that where you have to fight in the dark. Haven't got to the flying part from the demo yet, but I can't wait to see how they improved that! This game is just mind blowing.....[/spoiler:1dc7sasm]

DB4
03-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Did you use you blades to light up the area you fight him in before he appears? Those are probably the best lighting effects I have ever seen! The light reflecting off the walls made of corpses was just unbelievable. I played for a little bit more after that and got to the section that was in the demo and....

I didn't know that you could use the blades to light stuff up. Or do you just mean in general?

Anyhow, I finally defeated Hades (on my first try today, go figure). Now I am in the midst of the "demo". I'd have to agree with you with...

[spoiler:26x6444r]on how they improved on the game in the past year. Did they improve the lighting and effects? yes. But what I was surprised to see was that they completely changed the action sequences and added for the lack of a better term the "cut-scene" with Gaia. I find it hard to call them cut-scenes with the way everything is put together so fluidly. Plus they changed the AI of the mini-bosses so it doesn't feel completelylike you are playing the same thing again. I haven't gotten to the point where you ripe off Helios' head so as I was reading your spoiler I had to quickly close it up! LOL.[/spoiler:26x6444r]

So far I have acquired 3 gorgon eyes (thank god!), and only 1 feather, and 1 horn. But I also found [spoiler:26x6444r]Hades Helm, which can be used after you beat the game.[/spoiler:26x6444r]

Borlaxx
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I guess you are finding things I did not, for I only have 2 gorgons eyes, but I think I also have 2 feathers (Maybe they are random?). Didn't find that other item you mentioned, but I plan on playing this game through again with a list of the trophies and items next to me so I can earn everything.

muadib1138
03-22-2010, 07:50 AM
I've been playing this game piece meal, only because of my addiction to BC2 multi-player. But Hades is kicking my doopa!! What's the trick, any one had a strategy with him? I tried to use the blade of Olympus, but I never seem to ramp up enough juice to keep coming at him with it. :((

Borlaxx
03-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I've been playing this game piece meal, only because of my addiction to BC2 multi-player. But Hades is kicking my doopa!! What's the trick, any one had a strategy with him? I tried to use the blade of Olympus, but I never seem to ramp up enough juice to keep coming at him with it. :((
He was a hard battle, but I was able to beat him on my first try, but I don't remember how since that was like 300 boss battles ago :))

If I remember correcting I did a lot of dodging and using my bow. Takes a long time, but works.

I think I am near the end of the game. My god, this game is epic! Every time you think you have seen something that cannot not be topped, or every time you think you have seen every mechanic this game has to throw at you, something new and jaw-dropping shows up around the corner!

DB4
03-22-2010, 11:00 AM
He was a hard battle, but I was able to beat him on my first try, but I don't remember how since that was like 300 boss battles ago :))

If I remember correcting I did a lot of dodging and using my bow. Takes a long time, but works.

I think I am near the end of the game. My god, this game is epic! Every time you think you have seen something that cannot not be topped, or every time you think you have seen every mechanic this game has to throw at you, something new and jaw-dropping shows up around the corner!

I used my bow like almost exclusively. (if you have enough orbs and you haven't powered it up yet, you probably should)

Borlaxx
03-25-2010, 06:07 AM
I beat this game last night, and all I can say is WOW!!!! Very satisfying ending for the trilogy! Make sure you wait through the credits to see the very short little scene after them to see that not is all is as it seems for the fate of Kratos.

Kiwin
03-29-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.cad-comic.com/comics/cad/20100317.jpg

soulja
03-31-2010, 12:00 PM
I beat Hades with my aerial attacks, along with the Sparta shield powers (I think thatís what itís called). The ground fighting didnít do much justice for me at all.

muadib1138
04-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info!! I'll keep at it!

DarksideDave
05-18-2010, 03:06 PM
For an old fart like me this game is one tough cookie! I beat Hades at about the 12th attempt (once I realised I could upgrade my weapons. lol). I'm now struggling with the dragony, liony thing with the poison spitting tail! I can see me having to switch to easy to complete this one! :-" :blush: :))

Borlaxx
05-18-2010, 03:30 PM
For an old fart like me this game is one tough cookie! I beat Hades at about the 12th attempt (once I realised I could upgrade my weapons. lol). I'm now struggling with the dragony, liony thing with the poison spitting tail! I can see me having to switch to easy to complete this one! :-" :blush: :))
My advice is power up the bow first as you can use that as a ranged weapon. Then power up the blades all the way before powering up another weapon. Some weapons are better than others against certain enemies, but having the blades powered up ASAP will help a lot. After that I would power up the Cestus. They are slow, but powerful and are awesome against bosses.

08-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Finally defeated Hermes. It took me forever to get through the chase scene. I have made it a lot farther than that but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that hasn't played this awesome game. Did anyone find the god's treasures? I have found a couple. Have an awesome day! :D