PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption Frontier Stories - USE THE SPOILER TAG!!

Pages : [1] 2

Borlaxx
02-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Is anyone else excited about this game? I had heard a little about it but hadn't really checked into it until recently. It is made by Rockstar Games, the company that makes the Grand Theft Auto games, and like GTA it is an open world type of game where you have certain plot based missions but TONS of optional missions to do. Unlike GTA, this game is set in the Wild West. You play as a reformed outlaw and the gameplay is apparently very like GTA, but obviously with horses instead of cars and authentic era weapons. Here (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/reddeadredemption/news.html?sid=6248188&mode=previews) is a preview if anyone is interested. It comes out on April 27. Frontier

RedZeppelin
02-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I enjoyed the heck out of Red Dead Revolver. The wild west setting was a refreshing change from present day and/or sci-fi shooters. If Redemption comes out for the PSP I'll probably nab it.

Daemachoe
03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I am wetting my pants excited about this game.

I mean sandbox style out in the wild wild west GTA on horses. Cant get any better than that.

I also really enjoyed the first Red Dead revolver, and while it was limited in terms of gameplay there was a lot of potential in the franchise.

Graphics and everything just looks frigging awesome as well.

dinsdale1978
04-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone looking at picking up this title? The MP free roaming aspects seem really amazing to me. It makes me look back to my Warcraft days. I can easily see the clan rolling out as a posse and bringing some law to the land.

SlapLaB
04-09-2010, 10:56 AM
It does look amazing. I watched all the videos there this morning:
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/
I'll probably end up getting it.

krisk6
04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Anyone looking at picking up this title? The MP free roaming aspects seem really amazing to me. It makes me look back to my Warcraft days. I can easily see the clan rolling out as a posse and bringing some law to the land.

Im geting it already have it reserved.

Borlaxx
04-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I dunno, I will have to wait to see the reviews and what you all have to say about it. I got a used copy of GTAIV a bit ago, and I quickly got bored with it. I really need to give it another go, but the controls seemed unresponsive and it quickly got repetitive.

Jackie R
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I dunno, I will have to wait to see the reviews and what you all have to say about it. I got a used copy of GTAIV a bit ago, and I quickly got bored with it. I really need to give it another go, but the controls seemed unresponsive and it quickly got repetitive.
I really enjoyed the GTAIV SP game but I was kind of disappointed with the MP. I felt like I was constantly fighting with the controls. Hopefully, the ones in RDR will be a little better.

soulja
04-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I really enjoyed the first one and played "Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood" multiplayer for a while. I had some fun times online but the community was lacking...just not enough players. I'm looking forward to this game 4sure.

REMEC87
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Not me! It's a MMO isn't it? I don't have enough time in my life for MMOs. I wish I did but I don't.

Borlaxx
04-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Not me! It's a MMO isn't it? I don't have enough time in my life for MMOs. I wish I did but I don't.
Online it is kind of like that, but mainly it is Grand Theft Horse.

Jackie R
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
but mainly it is Grand Theft Horse.
:))

Spike Forehand
04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
but mainly it is Grand Theft Horse.

AKA hookers with bloomers

I will also see what you guys have to say. Looks to me like the game play is a lot like Fallout 3, which I liked at first but then got really freakin tedious and I didn't come close to finishing the game. However, if the MP is cool then I would consider getting it for that.

However, it makes me sad to think of not playing BFBC2 for even one spare moment at this point. I still haven't even done the single player campaigns on that game.

8 more years to retirement when I will have so much more time.......

Spike Forehand
04-24-2010, 10:45 AM
OK - so I watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c04VeJCM ... ure=digest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c04VeJCMYoM&feature=digest)

and the fire bottle weapon gave my inner pyro wood.

Riding with an MP posse sounds pretty cool.

DarksideDave
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
"Riding with an MP posse sounds pretty cool."

If you didn't have a reason to buy it before you have now!!! lol

theczech99
04-28-2010, 02:25 PM
In the latest video Iíve seen it looks like in the MP mode you may start out with a donkey instead of a horse. The video is talking about XP and upgrades while showing a donkey and a couple horses. I guess the noobs will be easy to pick out. Also every MP game is supposed to start off with a shoot out. Everyone is in a circle in free for all or lined up on opposite sides if in teams. The player or team to last the longest will have the advantage of a head start in the match.

It sucks that the original release date was for this week and now we have to wait another two weeks.

TheFreak75
05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Anybody excited about this game?????? I personally think it's going to be a great game, especially the multiplayer. It looks a lot like BFBC 2 because you will have a posse and it's about teamwork just like BFBC2. I'm definitely getting this game! Tell me what you think of it?

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean8/360/TheFreak75.png (http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/TheFreak75)

Borlaxx
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Gonna merge this thread into the existing one here (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=908).

Let me know on this thread when you have read this Freak so I know I can merge it without you wondering what the hell happened to your post.

=T4NUKI=
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Looks pretty cool ! That might be the game that'll make me purchase a PS3. My kid brother allready has one and he cant wait for me to join him online...
We are so buzzed about that game...we're planning on forming a renegade Appaches-from-hell posse that wreaks havock anywhere they go ! :devil:

StrawHousePig
05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Gonna merge this thread into the existing one here (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=908).

Let me know on this thread when you have read this Freak so I know I can merge it without you wondering what the hell happened to your post.
The "View your posts" link at the top of every page will lead him straight to it.

Borlaxx
05-05-2010, 02:57 PM

The "View your posts" link at the top of every page will lead him straight to it.
Okay. I never use that because it would direct me to most of this site @-)

krisk6
05-06-2010, 02:43 PM
12 more days.....

SlapLaB
05-11-2010, 04:46 AM
12 more days.....

... to get all the BC2 insignias and trophies ;)

Borlaxx
05-11-2010, 06:51 AM
This game got a glowing review in the most recent issue of Gameinformer. I am giving it a second look. May trade in BC2 to get it, as I just can't get back into that game anymore, but more than likely I will just keep playing MW2 and save BC2 for a later trade in.

TrOjAn HeX
05-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I was thinking about getting RDR as well. The multiplayer looks a lot better then GTA 4 multi was. I like a good single player experience but I am all about the multiplayer :)

Psalm
05-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, my wife said this game looked interesting....
to my surprise. SHE may be getting this game.

Psalm
05-11-2010, 04:02 PM
saw Gamestop is allowing for $40 off, if you trade in 2 selected games.....and COD W@W and MWR for the Wii are on that list....hmmmm

Toxic Avenger72
05-11-2010, 07:11 PM
saw Gamestop is allowing for $40 off, if you trade in 2 selected games.....and COD W@W and MWR for the Wii are on that list....hmmmm

OK, I'm definitely getting this game now. I've been considering it for the last couple of days. I will be reserving my copy tomorrow.

All of the other eligible games can be seen here (http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/save40/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=spot10a&utm_campaign=051110v1b&affid=3002).

theczech99
05-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Pre-orders from walmart.com receive a $20 online gift card and free shipping. :D

Spike Forehand
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Pre-orders from walmart.com receive a $20 online gift card and free shipping. :D

Thatl's a good deal. Are they any good at getting it to you right on the release date?

Psalm
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Anyone seen some good reviews of this yet?

Borlaxx
05-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Game Informer had a really good review of it. Can't remember the rating, but want to say it was 9.25/10.

Toxic Avenger72
05-14-2010, 04:29 PM
The review was in the most recent Game Informer (got mine yesterday). It received a 9.75.

krisk6
05-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Just paid for my copy for the PS3 and can't wait to get it tuesday. I know a few of use that are ganna be riding in the MP possie and I hope it gets its own forum. cause I think its ganna be awsome see you on the donkeys tuesday night lol :cheers:

krisk6
05-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I paid 28 bucks at game stop and get the costume I get it on tuesday see yall tuesday nite for some donkey riding.

Retro
05-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Trading in Madden 10 & MW2 at Future Shop and getting it for free!

DayliteMag
05-17-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm still not convinced of the whole Third Party shooter mode. I REALLY prefer FPS games. That said, the lure of the Wild West is strong. I look forward to hearing how you guys like it and how it compares to say BC2 or MW2. I'm still really hooked on BC2 and don't have the time to play more than one game at a time.

Borlaxx
05-17-2010, 09:05 AM
I had read that there is auto lock on aiming in the single player game like in the Grand Theft Auto games, but that it can be turned off so you have to actually aim. I would hope that this feature is disabled on multiplayer modes. It would suck to have everyone just locking on instead of having to aim to get a kill.

Psalm
05-17-2010, 11:18 AM
I think I am going to see how this plays out as far as MultiPlayer.... me thinks there will be some issues with the MP.

Retro
05-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Multiplayer for this game doesn't really concern me. Some games need it and others, like RDR can do without it. If the mp is good than that's just bonus, if not then I'll be content with the huge story and endless gameplay.

roadrnr
05-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I know I'm picking this up today. Gonna trade in MW2 and Splinter Cell Conviction at gamestop for $40 discount! Anyone going to playing this late tonight, cause I know I'll be on!

roadrnr
05-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh and IGN has a fantastic review here: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090125p3.html

RATA MUERTA
05-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I think I am going to see how this plays out as far as MultiPlayer.... me thinks there will be some issues with the MP.
Yes I have seen too many games that seemed to have a great MP *cough* Conduit* cough* only to have it backfire on me, I will save my money.

I had read that there is auto lock on aiming in the single player game like in the Grand Theft Auto games, but that it can be turned off so you have to actually aim. I would hope that this feature is disabled on multiplayer modes. It would suck to have everyone just locking on instead of having to aim to get a kill.
Yes they had this in GTA LC and of course it doesn't work in MP, they did the same thing with MW2 too.

Borlaxx
05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh and IGN has a fantastic review here: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1090125p3.html
About the Multi-Player from this review:

Even after you've beaten Red Dead Redemption and completed 100% of the side challenges, there's still much more to do. The game continues online with cooperative and competitive modes for up to 16 players simultaneously. The competitive action includes team and free-for-all game types including standard shootouts and a capture the flag style of game. These are a decent distraction and can be quite fun -- especially at the start when each game begins with every player standing in a circle ready to draw pistols. Any hardcore player might end up a bit annoyed by the respawn system, however, which has a tendency to start you right next to an opponent. Without the other trimmings that I'll get to in a second, it isn't the kind of multiplayer experience I'd make a steady part of my gaming rotation.

The reason to keep coming back to Red Dead Redemption for months and months is called Free Roam. This is the multiplayer lobby of sorts, but the concept has been cranked up a notch to be an entire game in itself. Free Roam lets up to 16 players join into one world and then explore the entirety of the single-player map. You can form posses and take part in little skirmishes, simply shoot each other in the face, assault bandit hideouts and forts as a team, or just ride across the countryside together while taking part in hunting and gathering challenges.

A large number of the side distractions from the single-player game are here, as well as a whole extra set of little objectives. By completing the missions, killing each other, or playing in competitive games, you can gain experience and begin leveling up to unlock new character models, modes, and better mounts to ride. Free Roam by itself is meaty enough to be an entirely separate game and it would still be awesome.

Several special cooperative missions are being made for download as well, but they were not available at the time of this review and so they weren't considered. The first pack has been announced as free, though, so keep an eye out for it.

SlapLaB
05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Makes me want to create a topic about it... :devil:

dinsdale1978
05-18-2010, 01:45 PM
http://web18.twitpic.com/img/102315719-24a8d454b2d86401c4b27a9176be9d25.4bf2e010-full.jpg

Damn work day. I hope my daughter goes to bed early tonight. :))

Psalm
05-18-2010, 01:54 PM
http://web18.twitpic.com/img/102315719-24a8d454b2d86401c4b27a9176be9d25.4bf2e010-full.jpg

Damn work day. I hope my daughter goes to bed early tonight. :))
You have yours already?

dinsdale1978
05-18-2010, 02:06 PM
You have yours already?

Yup I almost went out at midnight to get it last night.

Toxic Avenger72
05-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I know I'm picking this up today. Gonna trade in MW2 and Splinter Cell Conviction at gamestop for $40 discount! Anyone going to playing this late tonight, cause I know I'll be on!

I may be on later tonight. Picked my copy of RDR up today too. After trading in Wii W@W and MW:R, I got the game and the strategy guide for just over $20. Both W@W and MW:R rang up for much more than $20 each. :D

Retro
05-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Traded in Madden 10 & MW2 at Future Shop and got it for free!

This game is awesome, I've playing the single player all day. Have to try the multiplayer tonight with some free roam.

dinsdale1978
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Here are my first thoughts. I haven't tried the single player at all yet so I can't say much about that only that the mechanics for shooting, taking cover, and riding are pretty fluid.

As for Free Roam. I am a little disappointed. Maybe there will be updates as the game progresses but the public rooms are iffy at best. Staying in a posse is a roll of the dice if you are lucky. Finding stable servers has been less than successful. And the amount of rewarding things to do are rather repetitive. Granted I am grinding the hunter and survivalist tracks at the moment but things seem to be lacking. Why don't I have a lasso? What do you mean I can't skin things? So all that money I get form soloing a hideout doesn't last? Random dudes shoot you in the back and then cry when you hunt them down.

I must say the hunting of animals is fun. Nothing like taking a knife to a cougar. (Did it.) Seeing a couple of big bears running at you and then collapsing from several headshots is pretty sweet. I just wish there were more ways to keep a sort of journal on the animal's general location. Trying to find a rabbit is sometimes all too time consuming.

Here are some tips. Use the cover to find out where they are shooting from. The AI isn't all knowing but they can shoot. You can eliminate your bounty by riding away from the lawmen looking for you, kinda like in The Saboteur. When coming up to a building full of bad guys, shoot the door open and blast some windows to make them visible.

I am on to multiplayer tonight and maybe a bit of the single player.

Jackie R
05-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the write up dinsdale1978. Sounds pretty interesting.

I suspect Rockstar will patch up the servers within a few days. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/smashcomputer.gif

Retro
05-19-2010, 11:01 AM
The server issues right now are horrible, but I sort of expected that as pretty much every game with mp has that during launch.

I've been spending my time in single player and it is addictive as hell!!! After a good 6 hours of gameplay I'm still less than 10% complete. That's money well spent, considering I was done MW2 in 4 hours.

Spike Forehand
05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
So last night I loaded this up, played about 10 minutes of single player to at least begin to understand controls, and then jumped into a private multiplayer posse game with Krisk, Beano, Ellison, and toward the end Dinsdale.

I found the controls to be very confusing from what I was used to in MW2 and BFBC2, and I am a slow learner so this will take me a bit. The targeting is L2 and then shooting is R2. Switching weapons is also awkward as it requires both a button push (I think this was R1) plus a direction move with the right stick to pick the weapon. Why they can't just have the O button do weapon switching like other games is beyond me. Really wish that you can self-configure for all these games. Also had a lot of trouble remembering the duck (which I think was R3) and the jump/climb (which I think was square).

Beyond that, the actual game play is fascinating. The worlds are incredibly huge and the scenery is fantastic, with the lighting changing seemlessly from daytime to evening to night to morning naturally as you complete missions - very, very cool. Also, the music that comes up when your in the middle of taking over a hideout or in a gunfight is awesome - very Ennio Morricone-ish, and I really loved that part.

The single player seemed fairly standard - movie-like cut scenes interspersed with gunfights/tasks. It reminded me a lot of Uncharted 2.

I did not take part in the open world multi-player against other players - ours was a private match with me, Krisk, Beeano, and Ellison (and towards the end dinsdale) teaming up in a posse to complete missions against computer opponents. This was absolutely a ton of fun. It was totally humiliating to start out on a donkey. [HINT: If you do, find the first innocent passing by, shoot him, and take his horse - it is worth it. I didn't realize you could do this until ellison joined us and he did it.] I have never laughed so hard during a game as I did when Beeano started to punch krisk, Krisk then pistol-whipped and shot Beeano. I was dieing. Also, both ellison and I shot the head off Krisk's horse by accident - and more hilarity ensued. We went hunting - killing tons of birds, coyotes, and getting killed by, and eventually killing, a cougar. We completed missions to take over forts and hideouts and a gold mine. All really fun stuff.

One annoying thing is the vastness of the worlds, which requires a significant amount of time getting from place to place. This is not all boring, - you can stop and hunt and shoot innocents passing by to keep yourself amused, but it still could use a better transportation system. Perhaps some type of warping-to=previous locations system like Fallout 3 has. The worst was when I got separated from krisk and beeano by walking trhough a transporter, and having to spend probably a good 5-6 minutes trail riding to get back to them. When riding, you have to hold the X button down the whole time - I sense some carpal tunnel coming up if they don't add a cruise control.

Looking forward to more good times with this very interesting game.

0313Gunner
05-19-2010, 11:27 AM
I picked up RDR yesterday also. I didn't get too far into it as I had to wait for my wife to go to bed before I could get a hold of the tv. So far though, I like what I've seen.

I didn't try the mp yet. I like to get a good amount of sp under my belt first to get a handle on the controls.

It really reminds me of a cross between GTA4 and Fallout 3. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is that free roam is only 16 players. I was hoping for a MMO type experience during free roam. Then again, I don't have a lot to say yet being that I haven't tried it. I had only read about the 16 player limit this morning, which is not game ending for me.

If the whole game is anything like the few hours I put into it last night, I think it will be well worth the money.

On a side note, I had a weird audio glitch last night when I was watching the opening cut scene. The voices cut out on the train and all I heard was music. I quit the game, installed it and tried again and that seemed to fix it. Did anyone else have that problem?

Borlaxx
05-19-2010, 12:04 PM
On a side note, I had a weird audio glitch last night when I was watching the opening cut scene. The voices cut out on the train and all I heard was music. I quit the game, installed it and tried again and that seemed to fix it. Did anyone else have that problem?
A review on IGN said one of the only faults they could find with the game was that there were a lot more audio and video glitches than in any other game made by Rockstar.

One annoying thing is the vastness of the worlds, which requires a significant amount of time getting from place to place. This is not all boring, - you can stop and hunt and shoot innocents passing by to keep yourself amused, but it still could use a better transportation system. Perhaps some type of warping-to=previous locations system like Fallout 3 has.
I know a review I read said that you can transport instantly to locations you have already been in the single player game. Not sure about the MP.

TrOjAn HeX
05-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Well I am for sure getting RDR so if anyone on 360 has it we should posse up.

dinsdale1978
05-19-2010, 02:01 PM
A review on IGN said one of the only faults they could find with the game was that there were a lot more audio and video glitches than in any other game made by Rockstar.

One annoying thing is the vastness of the worlds, which requires a significant amount of time getting from place to place. This is not all boring, - you can stop and hunt and shoot innocents passing by to keep yourself amused, but it still could use a better transportation system. Perhaps some type of warping-to=previous locations system like Fallout 3 has.
I know a review I read said that you can transport instantly to locations you have already been in the single player game. Not sure about the MP.

In MP you can go to towns and find travel posts that let you warp around. You still need to hoof it a bit from there but it isn't like Elder Scrolls 3 jogging.

dinsdale1978
05-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Here is some rockin' country themed songs that I have always liked. I wouldn't mind adding some more for those who want to smell the saddle leather when they can't have their PS3 in hand.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/playlis ... k/29364005 (http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Red+Dead+Rock/29364005)

If that doesn't work look for a playlist called Red Dead Rock in Grooveshark.

krisk6
05-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I did not take part in the open world multi-player against other players - ours was a private match with me, Krisk, Beeano, and Ellison (and towards the end dinsdale) teaming up in a posse to complete missions against computer opponents. This was absolutely a ton of fun. It was totally humiliating to start out on a donkey. [HINT: If you do, find the first innocent passing by, shoot him, and take his horse - it is worth it. I didn't realize you could do this until ellison joined us and he did it.] I have never laughed so hard during a game as I did when Beeano started to punch krisk, Krisk then pistol-whipped and shot Beeano. I was dieing. Also, both ellison and I shot the head off Krisk's horse by accident - and more hilarity ensued. We went hunting - killing tons of birds, coyotes, and getting killed by, and eventually killing, a cougar. We completed missions to take over forts and hideouts and a gold mine. All really fun stuff

What about when I shot beano's hooker?

DB4
05-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Someone should start a Red Dead Redemption active player list.

Borlaxx
05-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I will start an active player list if the need arises, but since everyone should already be friends on their respective systems I really don't see any need.

Jackie R
05-20-2010, 07:12 AM
I logged on last night and noticed that there were quite a few people playing this as opposed to Bad Company 2. Couldn't get a full squad going so as a result, czech and I spent the early part of the evening getting our back sides handed to us. So, my question is this: From what you guys and ladies have seen, does the RDR multiplayer seem to have a lot of staying power or does it come off more as a novelty that will quickly wear off? Just wondering.

dinsdale1978
05-20-2010, 08:26 AM
I logged on last night and noticed that there were quite a few people playing this as opposed to Bad Company 2. Couldn't get a full squad going so as a result, czech and I spent the early part of the evening getting our back sides handed to us. So, my question is this: From what you guys and ladies have seen, does the RDR multiplayer seem to have a lot of staying power or does it come off more as a novelty that will quickly wear off? Just wondering.

So far I think it is more novelty than mainstay. They best fix the online connectivity issues soon or that community will empty out quick. I rather missed BC2 last night though there was something relaxing about picking flowers and knifing packs of wolves on the plains. :-?

Retro
05-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't think they expected so many people to pick the game up at launch. But with the great reviews, people are all over the game.

I'm sure Rockstar will get the server issue corrected soon.

For me it's the single player that is sucking up my time, it's consuming me like Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Fallout 3 did.

Borlaxx
05-20-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't think they expected so many people to pick the game up at launch. But with the great reviews, people are all over the game.

For me it's the single player that is sucking up my time, it's consuming me like Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Fallout 3 did.
Yup, that is my fear. I got completely enthralled with Dragon Age Origins when that game first came out and I did nothing but play that game for a couple months. Unfortunately for me that was when MW2 was the game everyone else was playing, so I missed many opportunities to play that game with MPs when there were more playing it than there are now that I am into it.

Retro
05-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Yup, that is my fear. I got completely enthralled with Dragon Age Origins when that game first came out and I did nothing but play that game for a couple months. Unfortunately for me that was when MW2 was the game everyone else was playing, so I missed many opportunities to play that game with MPs when there were more playing it than there are now that I am into it.

I really want to get Dragon Age, I just don't have the time. Especially with Fallout: New Vegas coming out in the fall.

Sounds strange but I sort of miss the old days where you only got a few really great games come out during the year, and you could completely devote your game playing to that one game. Now there is at least one top level game released per month. January through June use to be nothing but shovelware, now it's triple A titles being released 12 months a year. I can't keep up.

Jackie R
05-20-2010, 12:03 PM
So far I think it is more novelty than mainstay. They best fix the online connectivity issues soon or that community will empty out quick. I rather missed BC2 last night though there was something relaxing about picking flowers and knifing packs of wolves on the plains. :-?

Thanks for the input! http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/good.gif

dinsdale1978
05-20-2010, 01:28 PM
http://chzbobshouseofvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/129176189540062301.jpg

Indeed.

Retro
05-20-2010, 01:48 PM
http://chzbobshouseofvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/129176189540062301.jpg

Indeed.

It does.

Borlaxx
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Okay, to those who have this game.........was it worth $60? I know some people have mentioned that they are having server issues, but pretty much all online games do when first released, so I am not concerned about that. My questions are as follows:

1) Controls - I haven't heard anyone complain about the controls other than to say they are set up differently that the FPS games we are used to playing. Are they responsive? Is the aim-lock feature in single player turned off for multi-player? Anything annoying about the controls?

2) Single Player Game - I have heard some mentions of audio and video bugs in this game in several review and from some MPs already. Are there a lot of bugs? Also, how is the story? Awesome or just "Meh"? It this a game you can see yourself playing through more than once?

3) Online Play - I was never expecting this game to be like MW2 or BC2 in terms of online play, but is the online play fun? Basically, do you all envision yourselves playing this online a month from now, two months from now, or quickly loosing interest?

4) Lasting Power - I am looking for an action game that will keep me entertained until Black Ops comes out. I have already decided MW2 will be my go to FPS until then, but I need a good action game with lasting power to keep me entertained. I got TONS of playtime out of Dragon Age, but now that I have beat it twice I am ready to trade it in. In contrast, God of War III was an AMAZING game, but IMO was way too short. I have beat it twice and and thinking of trading it in since it doesn't have any multi-player modes to keep me entertained. What I am looking for is an action game with a long story mode (like DA) and with great action (like GoW3) but with online play as well to keep things interesting (like Uncharted 2). This game seems to meet those requirements as I have heard the single player game lasts 20-40 hours depending on optional missions you do, and it is worth replaying at least once to either be good or bad. Am I right?

5) Value - I have already told my wife that the next game I am going to spend any money on will be Black Ops (or MoH if that looks better), so in order for me to get this game I will have to trade stuff in. Like I said, I already plan on trading in DA (played it to death already at 100+ hours) and GoW3 (not a lot of replay value). In addition, I would be trading in BC2. I know many of you LOVE BC2 and think I am insane for preferring MW2, but I really have zero desire to play BC2 anymore, so I am going to trade it in regardless (also have W@W in terms of FPS games to keep me busy). So, I am trading in these 3 games no matter what, but my question is, is RDR a good game to get with my trade ins or should I get a different game or put down the trade in value towards Black Ops? There is nothing I can think of that I have heard about coming out before then that I am interested in (not even the new GT.)

dinsdale1978
05-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Okay, to those who have this game.........was it worth $60? I know some people have mentioned that they are having server issues, but pretty much all online games do when first released, so I am not concerned about that. My questions are as follows:

1) Controls - I haven't heard anyone complain about the controls other than to say they are set up differently that the FPS games we are used to playing. Are they responsive? Is the aim-lock feature in single player turned off for multi-player? Anything annoying about the controls?

From what I remember, the aim lock is on in MP but can be turned off. The horse riding is pretty responsive but I feel like I am going to need a new controller from having to hold down the X button all the time. Sometimes locking onto a close enemy can be a bit of a challenge, especially trying to knife a wild animal.

2) Single Player Game - I have heard some mentions of audio and video bugs in this game in several review and from some MPs already. Are there a lot of bugs? Also, how is the story? Awesome or just "Meh"? It this a game you can see yourself playing through more than once?

I have seen a few visual bugs but no real audio glitches. I had the invisibility glitch on the first night but didn't see anything like that last night. The story so far is pretty entertaining. The voice acting is brilliant. I love the delivery from the Marshall in one of the early missions. I would love to play this again KOTOR style and be the villain.

3) Online Play - I was never expecting this game to be like MW2 or BC2 in terms of online play, but is the online play fun? Basically, do you all envision yourselves playing this online a month from now, two months from now, or quickly loosing interest?

I will probably be playing online when the desire strikes, but BC2 will still be my MP of choice.

4) Lasting Power - I am looking for an action game that will keep me entertained until Black Ops comes out. I have already decided MW2 will be my go to FPS until then, but I need a good action game with lasting power to keep me entertained. I got TONS of playtime out of Dragon Age, but now that I have beat it twice I am ready to trade it in. In contrast, God of War III was an AMAZING game, but IMO was way too short. I have beat it twice and and thinking of trading it in since it doesn't have any multi-player modes to keep me entertained. What I am looking for is an action game with a long story mode (like DA) and with great action (like GoW3) but with online play as well to keep things interesting (like Uncharted 2). This game seems to meet those requirements as I have heard the single player game lasts 20-40 hours depending on optional missions you do, and it is worth replaying at least once to either be good or bad. Am I right?

I think the shear amount of things you can do make this a very replayable game. They will be adding co-op missions in the near future and plenty of other DLC that should make this game continue to blossom. For me the old west theme is just too enticing to pass up. (redneck by birth who watched way too many Westerns growing up.)

5) Value - I have already told my wife that the next game I am going to spend any money on will be Black Ops (or MoH if that looks better), so in order for me to get this game I will have to trade stuff in. Like I said, I already plan on trading in DA (played it to death already at 100+ hours) and GoW3 (not a lot of replay value). In addition, I would be trading in BC2. I know many of you LOVE BC2 and think I am insane for preferring MW2, but I really have zero desire to play BC2 anymore, so I am going to trade it in regardless (also have W@W in terms of FPS games to keep me busy). So, I am trading in these 3 games no matter what, but my question is, is RDR a good game to get with my trade ins or should I get a different game or put down the trade in value towards Black Ops? There is nothing I can think of that I have heard about coming out before then that I am interested in (not even the new GT.)

That's a tough call. I traded Borderlands and MAG and the clerk looked at me like I had two heads for Borderlands. You should be able to trade in for this. Check out the Amazon.com trade in values vs. wherever else you can go. At Amazon you can trade for :

Dragon Age = $13
GOW3 = $20
BC2 = $31

For a grand total of $64 and RDR is listed at $54 now. I doubt Gamestop would even match that deal.

Borlaxx
05-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Acutually, Gamestop is having a special for 30% extra trade in value, so if I trade all three in I will get $73.13, so it would be about the same.

I will probably pick it up tonight.

Retro
05-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Everything Dinsdale said. I actually have not experianced any video or audio issues at all, just lucky I guess.

The controls are great, but they take a little getting use to.

The amount of the things to do in this game outside of the main story will keep this one in my regular play rotation for along time. And considering the quality of the DLC Rockstar put out for GTA IV, I suspect they will be supporting this title for a few years.

Borlaxx
05-20-2010, 03:37 PM
And considering the quality of the DLC Rockstar put out for GTA IV, I suspect they will be supporting this title for a few years.
That is an excellent point. That was one of the things that had me thinking I would keep Dragon Age (DLC) but after downloading missions for $10 that lasted one hour, and seeing the expansion was $40 for about 15 hours of game time (whereas the regular game lasts about 40-60 hours for $60) I decided I would wait for a proper sequel.

Okay......any PS3 MPs willing to saddle up with me tonight? You can make fun of my donkey.......and then I will kill you and take your horse :p

Psalm
05-20-2010, 04:29 PM
I am probably going to trade in my Wii versions of MW and W@W for this....Gamestop is giving $40 for both of them

Jackie R
05-20-2010, 05:01 PM
So difficult to decide. If I choose to pick this up, I will need to trade in something for it and the only game I have of any real value is Bad Company 2. Decisions, decisions.... http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/unsure.gif

Retro
05-20-2010, 05:03 PM
So difficult to decide. If I choose to pick this up, I will need to trade in something for it and the only game I have of any real value is Bad Company 2. Decisions, decisions.... http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/unsure.gif
I couldn't part with BC2, that ones a keeper.

Spike Forehand
05-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Okay, to those who have this game.........was it worth $60?

Yes - I think it's worth it.

While I have only touched the single player for a total of about 20 minutes, it was very good and I can see that getting through that will be fun (if I ever get a chance - just can't turn down the posse invites from krisk :))

For the multiplayer, I have now played two nights with Krisk and Beeano, and had a good time both nights. Last night, we had a 3-man shootout (basically, individual deathmatch) and that was very fun. Starting out with the mexican standoff was cool. (For the record, Beeano and I both shot each other allowing krisk to win and get the preferred starting position).

Despite having already spend maybe 6-7 hours in game, I still feel like I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the diversity of play options. This is not just single player and multiplayer modes like MW2 or BFBC2, the interesting things you can do in free roam either alone or with a posse are great.

Regardless, I am still keeping MW2 and BFBC2 in my collection. Those will undoubtedly always be better for big multiplayer FPS action.

I will be on for a short bit tonight at around 10 or so. Will look for you guys.

- Spike

Borlaxx
05-20-2010, 06:19 PM
RDR purchased. Should hopefully be on tonight.

theczech99
05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
I could not stop laughing last night at the sight of Borlax and me on our donkeys. =)) Running around in free roam was a lot of fun last night. Maybe tonight we can all mount up and ride together again as a bigger posse.

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 07:50 AM
This game is pretty bad ass! I started out last night playing the single player game for about 20 mins just to try to get used to the control........to no avail, LOL! Then I went online with several MPs, including Krisk, Czech, Spike and many others (sorry, so many I forgot all the names!). Although I sucked, it was a lot of fun! I can tell that how enjoyable the MP will be is gonna depend on the amount of people, and the type of people, in your posse. When we had a lot of MPs together it was hilarious. Since I had absolutely no idea what I was doing I was just following others and trying to figure out what it was we were doing. I now know how to use the quick travel points, which are crucial to getting around this HUGE land, and after getting destroyed many times, I think I am finally getting used to the controls. There are still some things I need to figure out. Can anyone tell me how the hell the invite system works? When I first went online I looked for a way to send an invite or join the free roam session everyone else was in, but I couldn't find either option anywhere. Thankfully I got an invite from Krisk, but can someone explain how the invites work in this game? Do I have to start a private free roam session to create a posse and then go into public?

Anyway, It was a blast teaming up in a posse full of MPs and taking out gang hideouts!!!! We also did the gang match against another posse, but since there were so many of us in our posse it split us up. I would have preferred to stick with my MPs, but I am guessing our clan probably has one of, if the not the most, biggest presences in this game right now. I did okay on the first gang match, but got pwned the second time, going something like 2-16 L-) Started to get frustrated and embarrassed and contemplated backing out, but then I thought to myself, "who cares?" so I stuck around. However, apparently Czech and I missed the memo about where the hell the rest of you were headed, because before I knew it only me and czech were together taking on a gang in a fort (sorry, don't know location names yet) while you all apparently were somewhere else. I can tell communication in the posse is going to be critical, because otherwise you can quickly loose track of each other and get separated. While the quick travel feature is nice, I wish you had the ability to warp to the posse leader at any time rather than just when you first join the posse. This world is HUUUUUUUUGE and it sucks when you get separated, especially when you start out as a newb on a donkey, LOL!!!!!!!! The other guys got so tired of having to stop and wait for me that they started letting me take their horses and then just called in another. I got so pissed at my stupid donkey that after I got on someones horse I shot my own damn donkey and put him out of his misery. At least you seem to level up quickly the first few levels, so I now have a horse, albeit a skinny, malnourished pathetic horse, but still better than that jackass!

After I left you guys I played the single player for another hour, and man, the game seems fantastic! I know I have barely scratched the surface, but I can tell this game is going to be epic!!! The world just seems really alive with all the NPCs and stuff going on. The scenery is beautiful, the action is top-notch, and the voice acting is fantastic (better than most Hollywood movies). I thought I recognized the main character's voice and thought it was Bill Paxton (sure does sound like him) but apparently it is not and Rockstar used all unknowns to save on costs.

After playing SP for a bit I went back online for about 15 mins and killed some people in Free Roam (had got better on my aiming and remembering the controls), and then I took part in a FFA death match which was total chaos!!!! Still, it seems the quickest (and most fun) way to level up will be to complete missions in a posse like taking out enemy gangs.

Looking forward to playing some more this weekend! The MP of this game is a lot of fun and is nothing like a FPS (which is good IMO), and the single player is def something everyone should play and not ignore like some people do in FPS games.

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 07:51 AM
I could not stop laughing last night at the sight of Borlax and me on our donkeys. =)) Running around in free roam was a lot of fun last night. Maybe tonight we can all mount up and ride together again as a bigger posse.
At least I got to say, "hey everyone, look at me! It is a jackass on a jackass!" 8-}

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Apparently Dinsdale and myself got the Rockstar trophy last night. I looked it up and this is what I found from a blog post from today:

"Those of you exploring the glorious open world in Red Dead Redemption's Free Roam mode may want to keep an eye open for Rockstar Devs. If you manage to spot a dev and shoot him down, you'll be rewarded with the Red Dead Rockstar achievement/trophy. A tweet by the developer shows they were roaming the badlands for an hour last night and we expect you'll see them again soon. We'll keep you updated on their whereabouts, so stay tuned to IncGamers. "

Sweet! I killed a developer, LOL! If they were only on for an hour, I guess I picked the right time to play. GO [s:2kt1dsu4]TEAM[/s:2kt1dsu4] MP POSSE!!!!!

DB4
05-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Apparently Dinsdale and myself got the Rockstar trophy last night. I looked it up and this is what I found from a blog post from today:

"Those of you exploring the glorious open world in Red Dead Redemption's Free Roam mode may want to keep an eye open for Rockstar Devs. If you manage to spot a dev and shoot him down, you'll be rewarded with the Red Dead Rockstar achievement/trophy. A tweet by the developer shows they were roaming the badlands for an hour last night and we expect you'll see them again soon. We'll keep you updated on their whereabouts, so stay tuned to IncGamers. "

Sweet! I killed a developer, LOL! If they were only on for an hour, I guess I picked the right time to play. GO [s:1tk27ncg]TEAM[/s:1tk27ncg] MP POSSE!!!!!

That's just sick.

btw, I will be probably be joining the MP Posse today. As my birthday is next Friday, it will be an early birthday present.

Toxic Avenger72
05-21-2010, 09:29 AM
At least I got to say, "hey everyone, look at me! It is a jackass on a jackass!"

=)) =)) =))

Sweet! I killed a developer, LOL! If they were only on for an hour, I guess I picked the right time to play. GO [s:1a64ev30]TEAM[/s:1a64ev30] MP POSSE!!!!!

That's awesome. \m/ I got that achievement too. On XBOX, it lists the acievement as "Kill a Rockstar or someone with this achievement in a public multiplayer match."

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
I created a forum for this game seeing as how active MPs are in it already and knowing there is a lot of depth to this game. Changed this thread to "Frontier Stories", basically the War Stories thread. Have fun everyone!

dinsdale1978
05-21-2010, 09:33 AM
That donkey gets old real quick after he runs away and bucks you off every few minutes.

The MP jaunt we did last night was fun. I rocked some gang hideout slaughter on some other players. I was still getting kicked from several sessions but all in all it was fun.

I was going for Master Hunter II and killing a ton of boars when some yahoo shot me from a ridge. I sniped his horse and watched him roll down the cliff. Then I got my Red Dead Rockstar trophy.

I just wish I could be on a bit earlier to catch all of you together. I guess you will just have to call me Lone Wolf Dinsdale.

(-|

dinsdale1978
05-21-2010, 09:36 AM

Sweet! I killed a developer, LOL! If they were only on for an hour, I guess I picked the right time to play. GO [s:3mobc9p3]TEAM[/s:3mobc9p3] MP POSSE!!!!!

Well I didn't kill one directly. This is a sort of viral trophy in my opinion. I went into a Free Roam alone and heard some noob chatting about how he was looking for someone (me) and I was him come over a ridge and I gave him a repeater shot to the head to remember me by. He must have killed a dev earlier cause I got the trophy at that point. Needless to say I got called a bundle of sticks (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fagot).

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 09:38 AM

Sweet! I killed a developer, LOL! If they were only on for an hour, I guess I picked the right time to play. GO [s:3hn5qv8g]TEAM[/s:3hn5qv8g] MP POSSE!!!!!

Well I didn't kill one directly. This is a sort of viral trophy in my opinion. I went into a Free Roam alone and heard some noob chatting about how he was looking for someone (me) and I was him come over a ridge and I gave him a repeater shot to the head to remember me by. He must have killed a dev earlier cause I got the trophy at that point. Needless to say I got called a bundle of sticks (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fagot).
So I guess maybe I didn't kill a dev. Oh well, LOL! Still got the trophy B-)

dinsdale1978
05-21-2010, 09:48 AM

Sweet! I killed a developer, LOL! If they were only on for an hour, I guess I picked the right time to play. GO [s:3kr1nwqy]TEAM[/s:3kr1nwqy] MP POSSE!!!!!

Well the way I see it it's their way of allowing people to get the trophy eventually, but the earlier you got it the more of a bad ass you are in my opinion. I like the way they are handling DLC and community interaciton. Rockstar FTW.

Just imagine a Rockstar/DICE shooter. Mmmm Battlefield: Red Dead. Destructible towns. Okay I need to take a nap.

RATA MUERTA
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM

Sweet! I killed a developer, LOL! If they were only on for an hour, I guess I picked the right time to play. GO [s:2roy0rjy]TEAM[/s:2roy0rjy] MP POSSE!!!!!

They did this for GTA4 too, there is an achievement for killing a Rockstar developer in the MP. I am sure it must be viral because I got in on the first kill when I first tried the MP for GTA4 the other day, so I am sure EVERYONE must have that by now. I guess it is kind of like the STD and INFECTED titles that you get for MW2, they want them to make their way around and anyone who kills you will now get the trophy.

Retro
05-21-2010, 11:08 AM
How are the server issues, have they been corrected?

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 11:11 AM
I had no problems getting into free roam last night. However, did notice a couple instances where others players seemed to lag a bit, but nothing major. The only glitch I saw was there was a gun just floating in the middle of the air at one point. Also, when playing SP, the game froze on me once. The online issues I am sure will be worked out as Rockstar knows they have a hit on their hands and will fix the servers. Not sure what the issue was with the single player freeze, but it happens occasionally in most games. All and all I think it is going pretty well for only being out for less than a week.

Psalm
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
I watched some of the MP this morning on YT. The mexican standoff looked interesting. I may see if I can pick this up this weekend.

dinsdale1978
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
We really need to hunt in a posse as well. I was up hunting bears last night and a pack of cougars starting stalking me. I got 3 of them and then they double teamed my horse and me. I respawned and they were right there and mauled me from behind. That happened about three times until I was able to shotgun them. And I thought the spawn camping in BC2 was bad. Sheesh.

dinsdale1978
05-21-2010, 12:36 PM
BTW for all those looking for those animal wave missions, you have to get master hunter rank. Then they send you on "rare" animal quests. I have only done 2 but they are quite hectic solo.

ripple
05-21-2010, 01:23 PM

I think the invisibility issue was corrected in the last day or so....at least that is what they say from their website.

DB4
05-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Got the rockstar trophy on my very first kill. I then went to Players Met on the XMB to compare trophies with the guy I killed. He acquired the trophy last night so i figure that it was most likely not a developer.

Spike Forehand
05-21-2010, 05:33 PM
The other guys got so tired of having to stop and wait for me that they started letting me take their horses and then just called in another. I got so pissed at my stupid donkey that after I got on someones horse I shot my own damn donkey and put him out of his misery.

That was awesome!!! I was dieing. =)) Not sure why I didn't think of that during my first night. I was stuck riding that freakin donkey for about an hour with Krisk and Beano laughng at me the whole time.

Spike Forehand
05-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Here's a quick tidbit from last night:

Game Sound: RAAAWWWRRRR!!!
Game Info Feed: krisk6's horse has been mauled by a cougar
Game Info Feed: krisk6 has been mauled by a cougar
krisk6: dammit!!!!

Repeat about 10000 times

SlapLaB
05-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Here's a quick tidbit from last night:

Game Sound: RAAAWWWRRRR!!!
Game Info Feed: krisk6's horse has been mauled by a cougar
Game Info Feed: krisk6 has been mauled by a cougar
krisk6: dammit!!!!

Repeat about 10000 times

That's hilarious =))

Borlaxx
05-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Sorry I didn't play any this weekend. My brother was in town and has been staying with us so I have been sticking to games the two of us can play together. He may be staying with us for a few weeks or months (just graduated college at UF and is trying to get a job back here in the Orlando area) so my online gaming time may be less, although I will not hesitate to tell him I am gaming on some nights and he needs to find something to entertain himself.

SlapLaB
05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
he needs to find something to entertain himself.

Beer?
Women?
Childcare? :-"

theczech99
05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Sorry I didn't play any this weekend. My brother was in town and has been staying with us so I have been sticking to games the two of us can play together. He may be staying with us for a few weeks or months (just graduated college at UF and is trying to get a job back here in the Orlando area) so my online gaming time may be less, although I will not hesitate to tell him I am gaming on some nights and he needs to find something to entertain himself.

Kris and I saw you were playing RB and started laughing! Then we went back to picking our flowers. I donít know which one is worse, RB or picking flowers. :D

Borlaxx
05-24-2010, 11:52 AM

Kris and I saw you were playing RB and started laughing! Then we went back to picking our flowers. I donít know which one is worse, RB or picking flowers. :D
:tongue:

I would say playing these songs (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1029&start=30#p30199) is better than two grown men picking flowers together ;;)

TrOjAn HeX
05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
The ending of RDR actually shocked me a bit. [spoiler:3htai8uh]I actually thought John had finally found peace but those buggers finally got em.[/spoiler:3htai8uh]

dinsdale1978
05-24-2010, 12:36 PM
The ending of RDR actually shocked me a bit. [spoiler:3jzqidht]I actually thought John had finally found peace but those buggers finally got em.[/spoiler:3jzqidht]

Spoiler tag?

Borlaxx
05-24-2010, 12:37 PM
The ending of RDR actually shocked me a bit.[spoiler:pdfwrgr5]I actually thought John had finally found peace but those buggers finally got em.[/spoiler:pdfwrgr5]
TrojanHex......I edited your post to use the spoiler tag so people do not see it if they do not want to.

Please keep in mind that you are likely the first person to beat the single player game and that most people, such as myself, don't want to know how the game ends before we beat it ourselves

I know you didn't mean to do anything wrong.

Everyone, if you are going to post someone that gives away part of the plot of the game PLEASE USE THE SPOILER OPTION WHEN POSTING

TrOjAn HeX
05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
My bad

dinsdale1978
05-24-2010, 12:41 PM
I tried a random multiplayer the other night and was put in a lop-sided match against a posse of guys who must play together a lot. It was fun at first but I could hear them smack-talking and it got annoying real quick. I really appreciated the relative silence in BC2. Between having my sexuality questioned and being called the N-word multiple times, they wouldn't stop talking about inane things. I was hoping the dead eye would allow me to shoot myself by the end of that torture session.

On a lighter note I got my Dastardly trophy last night after a lone young woman came to me for help near the train tracks. Probably the wrong guy to ask at that point. Oops there was a train. I really wish I had my lasso ready in the desert when a lonely prostitute asked me for help and stole my new bronco. She is buried third rock to the left, but I lost the horse. :devil:

TrOjAn HeX
05-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Last night I decided I was going to shoot me some bears so after downing my first bear I was bear slapped from behind by a ninja bear. I of course ran and downed him to. But to my amazement that dirty buggers respawn very quickly and was facing bears from all corners of the woods.

TrOjAn HeX
05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Not like I meant to ruin it for you.

Borlaxx
05-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Not like I meant to ruin it for you.

I know you didn't mean to.........

theczech99
05-24-2010, 01:49 PM
One night Kris, Beano and I were in a posse playing free roam. They were trying to complete a sharp shooter challenge. (Shoot a persons hat of and disarm them in a certain amount of time)

Iím just sitting on my horse watching whatís going on.

Kris: Beano let me try to shoot your hat off and disarm you.
Beano: Let me get my gun out. Ok, Iím ready.
BANG!!! And Beano immediately drops to the ground dead with his hat on of course. =))

Beano: Let me try this time
Kris: Ok, make sure you aim at the very top of my hat.
BANG!!! Then Kris starts stumbling around like a drunk as he falls on the ground dead!!! =))

While Iím laughing so hard Iím about to fall off my horse they ask, hey Czech do you want us to try on you?

I think it might have worked if one of them would have been kicked out of the posse.

DB4
05-24-2010, 02:11 PM
On a lighter note I got my Dastardly trophy last night after a lone young woman came to me for help near the train tracks. Probably the wrong guy to ask at that point. Oops there was a train. I really wish I had my lasso ready in the desert when a lonely prostitute asked me for help and stole my new bronco. She is buried third rock to the left, but I lost the horse. :devil:

I completed the dastardly deed this morning. I rescued this lady that was being kidnapped. She was like "why don't you be a fine christian fellow and release me." Instead i threw her on the back of my horse and took her across the map to where the train was. The funny thing was that occasionally as i was riding past passer-bys she would give them a cheerful greeting like "how are you doing today?" Oh, little did she know.....

iheartpain
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
=)) no really, B, tell us how you feel :hug: :))

Borlaxx
05-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Umm, yup, not my finest hour. :blush: I edited my post. #-o

TrojanHex, I know you didn't mean to spoil anything for anyone, and even though I was upset, my response was too harsh. Please just try to use the spoiler tag from now on. :peace:

dinsdale1978
05-25-2010, 08:39 AM
[yt:28imu6tx]jVVXyKP1FVk[/yt:28imu6tx]

[yt:28imu6tx]7q7v4F8r9Og[/yt:28imu6tx]

Sometimes glitches are really creepy.

SlapLaB
05-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Weird... @-)
Are there many glitches like that?

Borlaxx
05-25-2010, 09:40 AM
[yt:2vc56uit]jVVXyKP1FVk[/yt:2vc56uit]

[yt:2vc56uit]7q7v4F8r9Og[/yt:2vc56uit]

Sometimes glitches are really creepy.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:-O

Best glitches ever!!!!!!!!

DB4
05-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Those glitches seem a little bit to clean to be glitches. They look like they are intentional. Either way the are funny and creepier than hell. Especially the cougar man, he is straight out of Zombieland.

dinsdale1978
05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Those glitches seem a little bit to clean to be glitches. They look like they are intentional. Either way the are funny and creepier than hell. Especially the cougar man, he is straight out of Zombieland.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/malcolmlab/incredible-donkey-lady-demonic-horse-and-bird-peo-19t3

Here are some more. I first thought that cougar man was some rabid midget. I wonder if you only get half the bounty for him?

I guess the only glitch I get is being disconnected every freaking 30 seconds.

TrOjAn HeX
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Umm, yup, not my finest hour. :blush: I edited my post. #-o

TrojanHex, I know you didn't mean to spoil anything for anyone, and even though I was upset, my response was too harsh. Please just try to use the spoiler tag from now on. :peace:

I may have let a bit of info slip but still no need to act childish over a game. Its a game bud not life or death.

Borlaxx
05-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I may have let a bit of info slip but still no need to act childish over a game. Its a game bud not life or death.
Agreed, but spoiling the ending of a game/movie/show for others aint cool (especially one I spent $60 on), and it is why we have the spoiler tag option. So, while my wording was harsh, the message was not. Use the spoiler tag next time you post something giving away the plot of a game. :|

TrOjAn HeX
05-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Agreed, but spoiling the ending of a game/movie/show for others aint cool (especially one I spent $60 on), and it is why we have the spoiler tag option. So, while my wording was harsh, the message was not. Use the spoiler tag next time you post something giving away the plot of a game. :|

Ay Ay Captain :|

dinsdale1978
05-26-2010, 11:40 AM
It seems that every Free Roam I jaunt into is either horribly empty or lagging so much I get kicked in under a minute. Let me just say that the easiest way to clear the table at poker is by cheating and dueling, but you don't seem to get as much money. :))

Dynamite + last house in Tumbleweed makes for some fun group kills. With two days off tomorrow and a long weekend for Memorial Day, I think the west is going to get sick of me. Damn room that I need to paint, you are taking away my playtime. B-)

theczech99
05-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Last night while I was playing SP, I decided to try to get a new horse. Once I was able to rope and climb onto the horse I was chasing, I noticed my other horse grazing behind me. What I didnít notice was that my horse was grazing on the railroad tracks, at least not until the explosion of blood I saw as the train went by. =)) So I learned, donít leave your horse on the railroad tracks unless you want to see something cool happen! Next time Iím going to hogtie someone and leave them on the tracks.

Toxic Avenger72
05-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Last night while I was playing SP, I decided to try to get a new horse. Once I was able to rope and climb onto the horse I was chasing, I noticed my other horse grazing behind me. What I didnít notice was that my horse was grazing on the railroad tracks, at least not until the explosion of blood I saw as the train went by. =)) So I learned, donít leave your horse on the railroad tracks unless you want to see something cool happen! Next time Iím going to hogtie someone and leave them on the tracks.

Good point. Got my dastardly acievement yesterday. Pretty awesome to see that lady explode. Especially since she and her gang tried to rob me. I rolled up on her and she asked for help and then 4 guys came out from behind the wagon and had me at gunpoint. So I turned on the Dead Eye and shot them dead. I left her alive, hogtied her, and placed her on the tracks for sweet revenge. \m/

Borlaxx
05-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Good point. Got my dastardly acievement yesterday. Pretty awesome to see that lady explode. Especially since she and her gang tried to rob me. I rolled up on her and she asked for help and then 4 guys came out from behind the wagon and had me at gunpoint. So I turned on the Dead Eye and shot them dead. I left her alive, hogtied her, and placed her on the tracks for sweet revenge. \m/
AWESOME!!!!! :devil:

Jackie R
05-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the games last czech, krisk, and dinsdale! I had a blast (especially during the big shootout!)

Ranked up rather quickly too. Started off as a newbie but I believe that I'm a hair away from lvl 8 now. Thanks again guys! ;)

LzzrdBoy
05-28-2010, 08:34 AM
I have so got to buy this game!

theczech99
05-28-2010, 09:46 AM

I did this last night but did not get the dastardly achievement. I might have been to far from the tracks when watching.

My 6 year old daughter was watching me play and asked what I was doing with that lady on the back of my horse. When I told her what my plans were, she said she was going to tell her mom but would wait to see if it was cool first. She was not very impressed with the explosion of blood and flesh as the train crushed the lady but I was!!!

Toxic Avenger72
05-28-2010, 10:16 AM
I did this last night but did not get the dastardly achievement. I might have been to far from the tracks when watching.

Oh well, just another excuse to do it again. :devil:

My 6 year old daughter was watching me play and asked what I was doing with that lady on the back of my horse. When I told her what my plans were, she said she was going to tell her mom but would wait to see if it was cool first. She was not very impressed with the explosion of blood and flesh as the train crushed the lady but I was!!!

My kids do the same thing. "I'm gonna tell mom!" I try to just pick flowers or hunt animals when they are watching. That gets boring after a while though. (-| I've reached level 10 for flower picking. I guess I'll have to concentrate on my hunting skills now (at least when kids are watching).

SlapLaB
05-28-2010, 10:57 AM
she said she was going to tell her mom but would wait to see if it was cool first.

=))

Can't wait for my son to grow up and actually say something (and stop waking up at 4am (-| )

dinsdale1978
05-29-2010, 07:56 AM
If my connection to FR would be a bit more reliable I would be having some fun in the MP, but I am stuck doing SP at the moment. Not a bad thing mind you but the AI is annoying sometimes.

I need a few more kills to raise my bounty (at 4,600 at the moment.) They send a right mob out at that level. Thank goodness for my semi-auto pistol.

Anyone seen a beaver in the game? I have shot song birds, bobcats, and tons of skunks but have yet to see one of these critters.

Spike Forehand
05-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Played some MP games last night with theczech, and it was pretty frustrating.

At first, it was always 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 which is a huge disadvantage. Later, when more players arrived, it got better, but I am still having trouble even beginning to be competitive. The very last match was a shoot-out in Armadillo against a few higher ranked players and it was absolutely miserable - I went 0-11 I think. Seemed like I would get two or three shots in, but then die when they returned one shot. Didn't seem to matter much whether I had a higher-powered weapon or they did.

Not sure what's going on, modded controllers for rapid fire possibly? Or maybe they have just gotten much better at head-shotting than me and understand the maps better.

At any rate, will probably stick to BFBC2 for MP, and play RDR for SP and posse games against the AI.

Would love to hear others' thoughts in the MP games.

Jackie R
05-29-2010, 01:18 PM

At first, it was always 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 which is a huge disadvantage. Later, when more players arrived, it got better, but I am still having trouble even beginning to be competitive. The very last match was a shoot-out in Armadillo against a few higher ranked players and it was absolutely miserable - I went 0-11 I think. Seemed like I would get two or three shots in, but then die when they returned one shot. Didn't seem to matter much whether I had a higher-powered weapon or they did.

Not sure what's going on, modded controllers for rapid fire possibly? Or maybe they have just gotten much better at head-shotting than me and understand the maps better.

At any rate, will probably stick to BFBC2 for MP, and play RDR for SP and posse games against the AI.

I have not played any of the competitive modes yet but I have been having loads of fun in free roam. I was looking forward to getting a few competitive matches in but if it's as bad as you say it is, then I'm in deep trouble. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/unsure.gif

dinsdale1978
05-31-2010, 07:38 AM

They have been frustrating but I was in a full game last night and I came out on top in a shootout match. Our team rocked them each time and I rather enjoyed the chaos. Though BC2 is still my preference for MP; there is a lot to unlock in RDR.

Toxic Avenger72
05-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I was at one of the hideouts and finished off the last guy. I went for a head shot and this is what happened.

[attachment=0:36ubgshi]phpmXab3RAM.jpg[/attachment:36ubgshi]

Looks kinda painful! :devil: :devil:

Jackie R
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
I was at one of the hideouts and finished off the last guy. I went for a head shot and this is what happened.

[attachment=0:23u0ql75]phpmXab3RAM.jpg[/attachment:23u0ql75]

I'll bet! :))

dinsdale1978
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM

[attachment=0:1ffe2m6i]phpmXab3RAM.jpg[/attachment:1ffe2m6i]

That's an accurate image of how the connection issues make me feel.

Borlaxx
06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Sorry I didn't play online with anyone in this game this weekend, but I am addicted to the single player game. The MP is fun, but the single player IMO has a lot more depth to it. The story missions are great and I love hearing the dialogue, but I also LOVE just going out to hunt bounties, helping random people out in the wilderness, and hunting animals. My character is very honorable as I haven't done anything bad. Since I don't get much gaming time I will probably be sticking to the single player on this game for awhile.

dinsdale1978
06-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Sorry I didn't play online with anyone in this game this weekend, but I am addicted to the single player game. The MP is fun, but the single player IMO has a lot more depth to it. The story missions are great and I love hearing the dialogue, but I also LOVE just going out to hunt bounties, helping random people out in the wilderness, and hunting animals. My character is very honorable as I haven't done anything bad. Since I don't get much gaming time I will probably be sticking to the single player on this game for awhile.

What a hero. I don't know how I got to the lowest honor level but you get a cool looking horse, though he is rather slow. Time to get my honor back. B-)

SlapLaB
06-01-2010, 11:14 AM

You were doing some Bomber Ultra though the other day... ;)

Where are you at in RDR?
[spoiler:ave8v9cb]I've been shooting treasure hunters with Seth and chasing some psycho friends of Williamson with the marshall... so not far I guess[/spoiler:ave8v9cb]

The pb I have with this game is that somehow the camera makes me dizzy and I can't play for long!!! @-)

Jackie R
06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
The pb I have with this game is that somehow the camera makes me dizzy and I can't play for long!!! @-)
Funny...I'm OK with 3rd person shooters but I used to get this very same problem with anything in 1st person. I was able to alleviate the symptoms by taking ginger pills. ;)

SlapLaB
06-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Funny...I'm OK with 3rd person shooters but I used to get this very same problem with anything in 1st person. I was able to alleviate the symptoms by taking ginger pills. ;)

Mmm interesting, maybe I'll try!

I can play UC2 or BC2 for HOURS but just half an hour of RDR makes me dizzy.

[spoiler:1qzgdvaf]Ok, especially if I try to break a stallion.[/spoiler:1qzgdvaf]

Borlaxx
06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
You were doing some Bomber Ultra though the other day... ;)

Where are you at in RDR?
[spoiler:1hjxj28l]I've been shooting treasure hunters with Seth and chasing some psycho friends of Williamson with the marshall... so not far I guess[/spoiler:1hjxj28l]

LOL! Yup, my son loves that game..........AND HE KICKED MY BUTT IN IT YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!! Not even 5 yet and he can already beat me in a game :-o :-s If you see my playing Bomberman Ultra, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Turtles in Time Reshelled, Rock Band Beatles, or one of the kid-friendly demos it means I am playing with my son.

In terms of my progress in the single player game, I am probably about the same point you are.......

[spoiler:1hjxj28l]I completed all the missions with Seth, the Marshall (at least that are available now) and the tonic seller (can't remember his name) so I only need to complete the missions with Irish before I can go to Fort Mercer and try to get Williamson. I would be a lot farther if I didn't take every bounty that was offered, help every stranger that asks for it, save every person in the wilderness I come across, and kill and skin every animal that crosses my path.[/spoiler:1hjxj28l]

SlapLaB
06-01-2010, 04:11 PM
In terms of my progress in the single player game, I am probably about the same point you are.......

No, you're probably a bit further.

Besides, I take the short route, not taking any side missions... (apart from a game of poker or two)
I know for a fact that if I get side-tracked I will *never* finish this game...

Jackie R
06-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Last night I joined a public free roam and tried to complete some challenges. Ended up getting into a fight with the Mexican army and did pretty well considering that I was pretty much all alone (got up to almost $3,000 bounty). By the time I was killed, a group of other players wandered over to where I was and proceeded to own my butt. Every time I spawned, one of them would hunt me down and take me out. Kind of frustrating but at the same time, it was kind of fun trying to hide / run from these guys.

I also tried my first competition match. I know that the aim assist frustrates a lot of people but I kind of like it. It gives someone like me, who doesn't play very often, a fighting chance. In any case, lots of fun but still not as much as playing in a MP posse. ;)

dinsdale1978
06-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Last night I joined a public free roam and tried to complete some challenges. Ended up getting into a fight with the Mexican army and did pretty well considering that I was pretty much all alone (got up to almost $3,000 bounty). By the time I was killed, a group of other players wandered over to where I was and proceeded to own my butt. Every time I spawned, one of them would hunt me down and take me out. Kind of frustrating but at the same time, it was kind of fun trying to hide / run from these guys.

I also tried my first competition match. I know that the aim assist frustrates a lot of people but I kind of like it. It gives someone like me, who doesn't play very often, a fighting chance. In any case, lots of fun but still not as much as playing in a MP posse. ;)

I originally thought the auto aim was weaksauce but have grown to like it in the SP and some casual matches. You can join higher level matches that don't allow for casual aiming.

Jackie R
06-02-2010, 11:03 AM
You can join higher level matches that don't allow for casual aiming.
Now THAT is a scary proposition. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/scared.gif

dinsdale1978
06-02-2010, 11:40 AM
You can join higher level matches that don't allow for casual aiming.
Now THAT is a scary proposition. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/scared.gif

I thought so at first but the amount of little kids playing this game is unreal. I had some 10 year old forming posses and then yelling at everyone to meet him somewhere so we could gang battle some other posse. Since he didn't get it I Waypointed to the spot where they other were and started killing them while the rest of the Brain Dead crew meandered through the wilderness. I told them to fast travel to my waypoint and they all said "huh" in unison.

So I then went on to some MP matches and owned them getting best player a few times. But after being trash talked by the same little kids, I changed my avatar to a women and started talking like Bruno to make them go away.

How many pistol whips does it take to make a 11 year old rage quit? Two to be honest.

:)) /:) =)) B-) :cuss: :D

Jackie R
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
=))

Awesome!

REMEC87
06-02-2010, 12:34 PM
[spoiler:1c00fpiy]so this what a spoiler tag is...hmmm[/spoiler:1c00fpiy]

dinsdale1978
06-02-2010, 01:21 PM
[spoiler:2ti6n16p][s:2ti6n16p]so this what a spoiler tag is...hmmm[/s:2ti6n16p][/spoiler:2ti6n16p]

Yes

Retro
06-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Hope to have the game finished by tomorrow, then it's trade in time.

Fantastic time with this game.

Spike Forehand
06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
But after being trash talked by the same little kids, I changed my avatar to a women and started talking like Bruno to make them go away.

How many pistol whips does it take to make a 11 year old rage quit? Two to be honest.

:)) /:) =)) B-) :cuss: :D

Awesome. I wanna ride with you. :devil:

Retro
06-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Finished the game tonight and all I can say is EPIC!

I won't spoil anything, but I smell sequel.

The story and voice acting in this game is right up there with Mass Effect, which for me is the best. The soundtrack in this game is hands down the best ever. Never played a game with such a perfect soundtrack.

[spoiler:16huiwc1]Now someone on here tried to ruin the ending, and I don't think he actually finished the game. After the tragic ending you have one last mission to get the credits rolling it's a very fitting ending and you won't be disappointed.[/spoiler:16huiwc1]

theczech99
06-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I had a lot of fun last night playing some private matches with Slaplab, Kris, Spike and Joe. We started off with some free for all. Itís funny when all your friends are in a circle awaiting the shoot out to start the game. The first match, when it said ďget readyĒ I see everyoneís guns pointing at me. I didnít last very long but I did win the round. The next shoot out I was able to come out the winner by shooting Kris and then pistol whipping Spike in the back of the head. After a few matches Slaplab had to go (damn time zones) which left four of us. Then we played some team matches. The first one was two on two which was good. The second one was me against Spike, Kris and Joe. I almost had them all in the shoot out!!! I still ended up second overall in the unbalanced match. Hopefully we call all get together and play some more private matches again soon. :cheers:

Jackie R
06-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I had a lot of fun last night playing some private matches with Slaplab, Kris, Spike and Joe. We started off with some free for all. Itís funny when all your friends are in a circle awaiting the shoot out to start the game. The first match, when it said ďget readyĒ I see everyoneís guns pointing at me. I didnít last very long but I did win the round. The next shoot out I was able to come out the winner by shooting Kris and then pistol whipping Spike in the back of the head. After a few matches Slaplab had to go (damn time zones) which left four of us. Then we played some team matches. The first one was two on two which was good. The second one was me against Spike, Kris and Joe. I almost had them all in the shoot out!!! I still ended up second overall in the unbalanced match. Hopefully we call all get together and play some more private matches again soon. :cheers:
Sounds like fun. I really enjoyed the gang shootout matches that I played earlier this week. I should be on around 8:30 eastern tonight if anyone wants to get together.

ustolemygmrtag
06-04-2010, 02:57 PM
OK, I have hade enough crap from my wife. I am getting RDR today. I will try to rank up as fast as i can. I would like to do some posse's tonight. Anyone in?

MrBlitzer72
06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Gamertag, you of all people...going to the other side? LOL #-o

ustolemygmrtag
06-04-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL, I will still be playing BFBC2. There is no Substitute for the Heroin called BC2.

BTW, Blitz, dont buy RDR, you will be torn between it and BFBC2. RDR is allot of fun. I got my first trophy tonight after playing for 1 hour. I got the Red Dead Rockstar. I killed a Dev!!!! :ar! :drink: :cowboy:

Me or Meg will be on tonight.

dinsdale1978
06-07-2010, 02:05 PM
So the best things to happen to me this weekend in RDR were finding out that a horse coming to your whistle while being on a ledge above you equals "dog food." lassoing a cougar doesn't help your chances much, and trying to break a stallion on a cliff edge doesn't kill you if you fall off during; but you probably won't keep the horse.

Jackie R
06-07-2010, 02:12 PM
So the best things to happen to me this weekend in RDR were finding out that a horse coming to your whistle while being on a ledge above you equals "dog food."
http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/laughing.gif

Btw, a big thanks to Krisk and Czech for keeping me alive Friday night (when I ran out of ammo) so that I could get the 5k bounty.

TrojanTeacher
06-07-2010, 02:50 PM
LOL, I will still be playing BFBC2. There is no Substitute for the Heroin called BC2.

BTW, Blitz, dont buy RDR, you will be torn between it and BFBC2. RDR is allot of fun. I got my first trophy tonight after playing for 1 hour. I got the Red Dead Rockstar. I killed a Dev!!!! :ar! :drink: :cowboy:

Yes, Blitz, go to RDR for a while. ;)

ustolemygmrtag
06-07-2010, 06:18 PM

BTW, Blitz, don't buy RDR, you will be torn between it and BFBC2. RDR is allot of fun. I got my first trophy tonight after playing for 1 hour. I got the Red Dead Rockstar. I killed a Dev!!!! :ar! :drink: :cowboy:

Yes, Blitz, go to RDR for a while. ;)

I started playing RDR this morning, and sure enough, I spawned into a gun fight. It has happened every time I launch the game. SO, I died like 5 times just trying to leave the area so I could do some Leveling. :(( :((

Well, I got mad. And then the grieving sicko side of me from all the PvP MMORPg's I have played came out. :devil: :cuss: :devil: :cuss: :devil: Needless to say after it was all said and done. I made 6 kids rage quit. 4 guys begged to join my posse, and the other 2 steered clear of where I was the rest of the game. :cheers:

But, I still do not get the full satisfaction of knifing an enemy and getting their dog-tags like I do in BFBC2. Its like an addiction I cannot break.

LzzrdBoy
06-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Gonna' give some MP a go this evening if anyone's as new to the scene as I am. 10ish Eastern.

SlapLaB
06-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Gonna' give some MP a go this evening if anyone's as new to the scene as I am. 10ish Eastern.

Don't be upset if they kill your donkey... :devil:

It's like a rite of passage or something... apparently... :D

ustolemygmrtag
06-08-2010, 10:51 PM

Yeah, As soon as you call it, someone will shoot it. They shot mine like 50 times before I could even get away from the town. But, you get a better horse at LVL 5 I think. And 10.

LzzrdBoy
06-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Right...

Yeah, As soon as you call it, someone will shoot it. They shot mine like 50 times before I could even get away from the town. But, you get a better horse at LVL 5 I think. And 10.
...and right! It was actually fairly funny!

So I jumped in around 10:30 Eastern with 2 friends. We hopped in a private free roam (lobby or whatever) and began clearing gang hideouts in an effort to rack up some XP. At the time I started I was 12 pts into lvl 1 I think. For an hour we did this and when done I was a lvl 6. Then we jumped into some gang shootouts (like TDM in most games I guess). This was fun until I started getting seriously raped by the competition. I got a horse but the darn thing's so slow I can't get away from nuttin'. The more I run the more they kill me. With their superior weapons it was evident I didn't stand a chance. So, tonight I'll be heading back into a private match to rack up some more XP. Hopefully I can get enough to enable me to equip myself to deal with at least some of the other players.

All in all it was quite fun. Reading up on how it all worked was a huge advantage. Having played the SP for a few hours helps a great deal as well. So, I'm still hooked and can't wait to give it another go. Probably tonight around the same time if anyone's game.

Jackie R
06-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I jumped on last night at around 8 pm EDT but wasn't able to hook up with any other MP members so I ended up raiding a gang hideout solo (Wow! The XP you get from doing those is amazing!).

I then played a casual match of Gold Rush with the GP and was pretty much overwhelmed for the most part except for one instance when I was able to grab a bag of gold and was heading towards the goal. As luck would have it, I saw two other players with their own bags squaring off near the chests. I took advantage of the fact that they didn't see me, ended up killing both of them and scored an easy three bags. I think the funniest part was when I heard one of them say to the other "You see what you did? Now he's going to get THREE!" :))

Spike Forehand
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Gettin ready to ride tonight - loading in my Cowboy dinner of grilled ribeye, baked beans, and diet Dr. Pepper.

ustolemygmrtag
06-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Gettin ready to ride tonight - loading in my Cowboy dinner of grilled ribeye, baked beans, and diet Dr. Pepper.
Cowboys don't drink that diet Crap! :cowboy: >:D :cowboy: [-x

Retro
06-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Cowboys don't drink that diet Crap! :cowboy: >:D :cowboy: [-x
He must be one of those "city type" from Blackwater.

ellison81
06-14-2010, 09:46 AM

I didn't know they had Dr. Pepper back then... Especially diet!

Ty

dinsdale1978
06-14-2010, 03:13 PM

I didn't know they had Dr. Pepper back then... Especially diet!

Ty

What the hell is that shiny writing pad you have there? It seems to show moving pictures and makes sound. Is it magic?

ustolemygmrtag
06-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Meg was playing last night. She was
[spoiler:23pnp4r8]Drifting down stream on the raft. As she continued, I caught a body flying through the air. Seeing that just hit me in a funny way. I was ROFL and Meg wondered what I was laighing at. I said. "The Moron Blew himself from Mexico to America. They will try anything to cross the border." She chucled and continued to play.[/spoiler:23pnp4r8]

Jackie R
06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
OK...so I finally got around to starting the single player game last night and, well, for lack of a better term...WOW! http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/shock.gif.

It's amazing how things just happen in the world. Makes the whole experience feel much more real than GTA ever did. I'm going to be enjoying this one for a while. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/good.gif

theczech99
06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
OK...so I finally got around to starting the single player game last night and, well, for lack of a better term...WOW! http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/shock.gif.

It's amazing how things just happen in the world. Makes the whole experience feel much more real than GTA ever did. I'm going to be enjoying this one for a while. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/good.gif
Once I really got into the SP, I went MIA from MP action for awhile. You will get pulled in to the life of John Marston and want to see whatís going to happen next. Once I reached 100% completion, I got back into the MP games. You may have to do the same if you want to finish SP before the end of the year.

Jackie R
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Once I really got into the SP, I went MIA from MP action for awhile. You will get pulled in to the life of John Marston and want to see whatís going to happen next. Once I reached 100% completion, I got back into the MP games. You may have to do the same if you want to finish SP before the end of the year.
Thanks for the advice. I really enjoy the multiplayer and I still want to keep on doing that. Should be a slow summer so I should have enough time to put a dent in the SP. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

DarksideDave
07-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Finally finished the SP missions (about 78% complete so far). WOW! What a game. I just couldn't put it down. I need to throw myself into the MP now as I've only had a couple of hours on it. Not sure how it all works so if you see me on send me an invite!

Jackie R
08-15-2010, 08:32 AM
I just finished the SP. I must say that I have never enjoyed the storyline in a game as much as I enjoyed this one.

[spoiler:3noi0r4e]I was actually so upset when the federal marshals betrayed John that when Jack faced Edgar Ross in the final duel, I made it a point to unload every single shot right into his face.[/spoiler:3noi0r4e]

I may go back and finish the offline challenges but even if I don't, I will still be holding onto this title for some occasional online fun if any MPs want to hook up. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

SlapLaB
08-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I just finished the SP. I must say that I have never enjoyed the storyline in a game as much as I enjoyed this one.

[spoiler:2omrswaz]I was actually so upset when the federal marshals betrayed John that when Jack faced Edgar Ross in the final duel, I made it a point to unload every single shot right into his face.[/spoiler:2omrswaz]

I may go back and finish the offline challenges but even if I don't, I will still be holding onto this title for some occasional online fun if any MPs want to hook up. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I finished it a couple of weeks ago... and here are my final impressions:

[spoiler:2omrswaz]I must say, I'm not so sure about the story... On the one hand, it's like in a western movie, so very sad, everybody dies, there's no "good" or "bad", etc...
On the other, the story drags ON and ON (let's go and get that guy, I know where he is... oh damn he's not there... but hang on if you do this I will tell you where he is, promised!!! etc etc etc)
and there are not *that* many fresh ideas IMHO... I've just finished the game and I can't recall many missions.
as a matter of comparison, I enjoyed the stories of Uncharted 1&2 much more...
There are much better set pieces in UC2 (the helicopter rooftop fight, the train level, the ice cave...) and in UC1 (the u-boat in the jungle...)
of course it's not "open world" so that explains perhaps.[/spoiler:2omrswaz]

dinsdale1978
10-19-2010, 11:30 AM
So I picked up the trader and hunter pack that just came out. I started a whole new game just to experience the things I missed at the beginning of the game when I was just trying to get used to the controls. So one of the "rare" animals was to be the jack-a-lope. I ran outside of Armadillo and was just killing things and picking flowers, and all of a sudden something appeared at my feet. It was the jack-a-lope. I shot it and skinned it and that was that. Funny how rare that was. lol :))

dinsdale1978
10-28-2010, 08:25 AM
So far the undead nightmare is quite entertaining. I traded in my Pestilence mount for a much more fulfilling War last night. I love riding through a mob of zombies and watching them catch ablaze.

BTW the explosive rifle is just an amazing addition to this mode. BOOM! Sasquatch headshot. BOOM! Zombie puree.

theczech99
10-28-2010, 09:36 AM
So far the undead nightmare is quite entertaining. I traded in my Pestilence mount for a much more fulfilling War last night. I love riding through a mob of zombies and watching them catch ablaze.

BTW the explosive rifle is just an amazing addition to this mode. BOOM! Sasquatch headshot. BOOM! Zombie puree.
Last night I found Pestilence, I would love to find War or Death. So far Iíve worked my way down from Tall Tree and ending last night at the MacFarlaneís Ranch.

In what area of the map did you come across War? I wonder if you get the unicorn if you can use its horn to impale zombies.

Have you met up with Seth and his buddy yet?

dinsdale1978
10-28-2010, 09:41 AM

Last night I found Pestilence, I would love to find War or Death. So far Iíve worked my way down from Tall Tree and ending last night at the MacFarlaneís Ranch.

In what area of the map did you come across War? I wonder if you get the unicorn if you can use its horn to impale zombies.

Have you met up with Seth and his buddy yet?

I found war north of Armadillo. I think they have some general areas they can spawn but it was at night and right before a story came. It was amazing. Running through a town of zombies and watching them burn is f'n great.

I did find Seth and just completed his quest. Though I seem to be missing where to go next. I guess I have to pick some flowers for Wes and then I can go to Mexico. I think I killed Pestilence by calling for him and he ran into some water. I saw a video for the Unicorn and it seemed like the other horses of the apocalypse keep following you. Could you imagine riding into town with all the horses at your side. Epic indeed. Now to find the Chupacabra.

Sup3rman
10-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Damn..looks like I have some catching up to do this weekend.

theczech99
10-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Damn..looks like I have some catching up to do this weekend.
This weekend is all about the double XP MP. The SP can wait till Monday! Are you still getting a new headset this weekend?

Sup3rman
10-28-2010, 02:10 PM
This weekend is all about the double XP MP. The SP can wait till Monday! Are you still getting a new headset this weekend?

I should have a new one by Saturday..I'll be playing MP on Friday..just won't have a headset so won't able to communicate with you guys. Had a blast playing the MP zombies mode last night. Racked up a ton of points. Finally got my horse and rid of that damn donkey!! =))

dinsdale1978
10-28-2010, 02:19 PM

I should have a new one by Saturday..I'll be playing MP on Friday..just won't have a headset so won't able to communicate with you guys. Had a blast playing the MP zombies mode last night. Racked up a ton of points. Finally got my horse and rid of that damn donkey!! =))

So the zombie mode for MP gives you points to the normal free roam MP stuff? Awesomesauce. I guess I have been too busy hunting the unicorns lol.

dinsdale1978
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I just went through the SP and nearly have 100% and it is wicked. Unicorns don't like being shot in the head though.

I also just tried some Overrun and I found a good team that made it to Wave 33. They were just too fast and too many to keep it going. Double XP weekend is going to be awesome.

Sup3rman
10-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I just went through the SP and nearly have 100% and it is wicked. Unicorns don't like being shot in the head though.
Awesome!! I finally finished killing the Sasquatchs and got Pestilence last night..I guess I'll hold up on the SP till Monday and join you guys for MP this weekend. :)

theczech99
10-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Awesome!! I finally finished killing the Sasquatchs and got Pestilence last night..I guess I'll hold up on the SP till Monday and join you guys for MP this weekend. :)
The double xp is awesome!!! In a short time in free roam I went from level 37 to 39! I need to make it to 50 before the weekend is over. I want that damn bull.

Jackie R
10-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Had a lot of fun with Curahee, Czech, and Dinsdale last night (especially hearing Dinsdale's zombie moan all night http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/crylaughing.gif ). It's amazing how quickly you burn through those gang hideouts when you have 3 or 4 guys taking them out. I also ranked up 3 levels last night because of the double XP. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/woot.gif

I also played a couple of zombie hoard rounds with Curahee but I'm not too crazy about it. I much prefer the mission type co-op structure. The narrator's voice is awesome though.

Thanks for the games last night guys...had a blast! http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/a024.gif

theczech99
10-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Dinsdale, I think I found the guy with the knives last night after you left. I had this one stuck in my arm until I finally died.
[attachment=0:358m5njr]photo.JPG[/attachment:358m5njr]

dinsdale1978
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Dinsdale, I think I found the guy with the knives last night after you left. I had this one stuck in my arm until I finally died.
[attachment=0:vjkypsjj]photo.JPG[/attachment:vjkypsjj]

That's no Mexican pimp.

We encountered a wonderful player that kept asking us if we had seen a Mexican pimp. We said no and realized that his toon was dressed kinda like a pimp. He was trying to be all gangsta and started throwing Fire Bottles at us. After I died once I knifed him and then he started lobbing dynamite. So I started luring him into the wilderness and got off a few shots. Then he started trying to fire bomb me. So I rode away a bit and snipered him. That pissed him off, so I started rapid firing my pistol. About that time czech dropped him from our posse and the aim centered on his head. After a nice sawed off shotgun blast he was quite pissed. So off I rode into the night. He soon left. If only I would have had some explosvie rifle ammo at that time...

theczech99
11-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Red Dead on Jeopardy:
[attachment=0:q468crao]gameshow.jpg[/attachment:q468crao]

Spike Forehand
11-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Red Dead on Jeopardy:
[attachment=0:1gy4hkp1]gameshow.jpg[/attachment:1gy4hkp1]

What is "Grand Theft Horse"?

Toxic Avenger72
12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
From Spike TV's Video Game Awards. GOTY and best DLC (Undead).

[yt:37ov1div]Qopwm7LF95Q[/yt:37ov1div]

NutsFathead
07-14-2011, 02:48 AM
playing online last night with red dog just pissing about throwing knives at each other and blowing up his donkey :D makes a change from playin on battlefield wen i come the xbox

johnboy
07-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Was red on said donkey when it blew up? Us Wiiers used to blow each other up in MW reflex on old skool mode. We all used to stand on a car and see where we could end up.

NutsFathead
07-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Was red on said donkey when it blew up? Us Wiiers used to blow each other up in MW reflex on old skool mode. We all used to stand on a car and see where we could end up.
nar i would wait untill he was near the donkey then blow it up to small chunks =)) well wen red is on battlefield he flys pretty far wen we blow him up lol

Red Dog 13
07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
nar i would wait untill he was near the donkey then blow it up to small chunks =)) well wen red is on battlefield he flys pretty far wen we blow him up lol

I notice you didn't mention when I put the throwing knife right between your eyes from 20 yds lol!!!! =))

NutsFathead
07-15-2011, 02:50 PM

I notice you didn't mention when I put the throwing knife right between your eyes from 20 yds lol!!!! =)) yea and i just stood there like an idiot watchin you =))

=T4NUKI=
07-15-2011, 03:12 PM
just bought red dead revolver today.....am enjoying it a lot so far !!!

Borlaxx
07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
just bought red dead revolver today.....am enjoying it a lot so far !!!
Umm, do you mean "redemption?" Revolver was the PS2 game.

Red Dog 13
07-17-2011, 03:50 AM
Sorry I missed you last night 'Nuts' I had left the game to go eat and found your message when I got back, then jumped into BC2 with 'Cronam' an 'Sniperella' but to be honest didn't really enjoy it much, just couldn't get into it, went into MOH for a few rounds, think I will be playing Red Dead and MOH much more, let's hope we can get a few MP's in with us!

NutsFathead
07-17-2011, 04:13 AM
Sorry I missed you last night 'Nuts' I had left the game to go eat and found your message when I got back, then jumped into BC2 with 'Cronam' an 'Sniperella' but to be honest didn't really enjoy it much, just couldn't get into it, went into MOH for a few rounds, think I will be playing Red Dead and MOH much more, let's hope we can get a few MP's in with us!

its alrite had to get an early night in, i cba with battlefield atm am enjoyin a freeroamin game like red dead because theres no cheaters and SPAWN KILLING but you need to get some dlc theres a free one you might enjoy its called outlaws to the end i think and thats a co op mode mainly defendin a stronghold from armys and gangs

Red Dog 13
07-17-2011, 05:05 AM

its alrite had to get an early night in, i cba with battlefield atm am enjoyin a freeroamin game like red dead because theres no cheaters and SPAWN KILLING but you need to get some dlc theres a free one you might enjoy its called outlaws to the end i think and thats a co op mode mainly defendin a stronghold from armys and gangs

Yeah, i'll have a look for that later, thxs, I played some HC MOH last night, was very good, are you gonna try and get a cheap copy, recomend a new copy for the codes for the free DLC, I paid for the extra DLC as well, there is a half price one for Gold members, well worth it, my lad is over later so may be on for a bit this aftie!

NutsFathead
07-17-2011, 05:47 AM
[quote="Red Dog 13":3mg5w6ma]Sorry I missed you last night 'Nuts' I had left the game to go eat and found your message when I got back, then jumped into BC2 with 'Cronam' an 'Sniperella' but to be honest didn't really enjoy it much, just couldn't get into it, went into MOH for a few rounds, think I will be playing Red Dead and MOH much more, let's hope we can get a few MP's in with us!

Yeah, i'll have a look for that later, thxs, I played some HC MOH last night, was very good, are you gonna try and get a cheap copy, recomend a new copy for the codes for the free DLC, I paid for the extra DLC as well, there is a half price one for Gold members, well worth it, my lad is over later so may be on for a bit this aftie![/quote:3mg5w6ma]
i have already got the code off wen it first came out but i am going to have to buy it again ready the BF3 beta coming out because you need the medal of honour cd to play it, may get it next week if i suck up to the gf and get on her good side lol

Red Dog 13
07-17-2011, 08:45 AM
When is the BF3 BETA released? How do you get to play that then? Didn't know anything about it!

NutsFathead
07-17-2011, 08:50 AM
When is the BF3 BETA released? How do you get to play that then? Didn't know anything about it!

you need the limited edition MOH and the beta is goin to be out towards the end of september, i have been givin the go ahead by the gf to get MOH #:-s so i will be getin it sometime in the week

Red Dog 13
07-17-2011, 09:03 AM

you need the limited edition MOH and the beta is goin to be out towards the end of september, i have been givin the go ahead by the gf to get MOH #:-s so i will be getin it sometime in the week

Aw crap, i don't have the Ltd Edition, what is the difference to the normal one then? I played some HC MOH last night, that was good! I am working this week so won't be on too late, but usually between about 9 and 11ish!!

NutsFathead
07-17-2011, 10:19 AM
[quote="Red Dog 13":1kyndvua]When is the BF3 BETA released? How do you get to play that then? Didn't know anything about it!

Aw crap, i don't have the Ltd Edition, what is the difference to the normal one then? I played some HC MOH last night, that was good! I am working this week so won't be on too late, but usually between about 9 and 11ish!!
[/quote:1kyndvua]
not really that much i think you got shotgun and m24 rifle i think with the limited edition

Sup3rman
01-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Anyone else still have this game and is interest in posse up? I need to get my damn buffalo!! :)

theczech99
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Anyone else still have this game and is interest in posse up? I need to get my damn buffalo!! :)
I still have it and play occasionally.

Spike Forehand
01-25-2012, 08:10 PM
I never throw anything out, so I will ride with you if I see you on.

I'm not sure I ever really finished this game:

[spoiler:2oqbliky]I made it all the way to the end where Marstons wife dies, and then I got in a gunfight at the barn, lost, and then came back as Marston's son. I rode around a bit, but it didnt seem to direct me anyplace in particular, so i didnt ever come back to it. Is that the end of the main story or did I miss something? Also never finished the zombies campaign. Worth it?[/spoiler:2oqbliky]

theczech99
01-25-2012, 09:30 PM

[spoiler:324h6wa7]I made it all the way to the end where Marstons wife dies, and then I got in a gunfight at the barn, lost, and then came back as Marston's son. I rode around a bit, but it didnt seem to direct me anyplace in particular, so i didnt ever come back to it. Is that the end of the main story or did I miss something? Also never finished the zombies campaign. Worth it?[/spoiler:324h6wa7]
I don't think you finished the game Spike. I'll PM you some info in the morn to find out for sure.

Gink
01-25-2012, 10:45 PM
I still have the game, but don't have any DLC for it. I think it is one of the greatest games ever, but I've never played any of the online modes if you can believe that, so don't know squat about joining a posse or what there is to do in multiplayer :))

Jackie R
01-26-2012, 08:01 AM

[spoiler:2zpl82id]I made it all the way to the end where Marstons wife dies, and then I got in a gunfight at the barn, lost, and then came back as Marston's son. I rode around a bit, but it didnt seem to direct me anyplace in particular, so i didnt ever come back to it. Is that the end of the main story or did I miss something? Also never finished the zombies campaign. Worth it?[/spoiler:2zpl82id]
Nope...not finished. There is still a little bit of story yet.

I won't spoil it but here's a hint: You need to see someone in Blackwater (should be marked on your map). ;)

theczech99
01-26-2012, 08:09 AM
[quote="Spike Forehand":3676soe7]I never throw anything out, so I will ride with you if I see you on.

[spoiler:3676soe7]I made it all the way to the end where Marstons wife dies, and then I got in a gunfight at the barn, lost, and then came back as Marston's son. I rode around a bit, but it didnt seem to direct me anyplace in particular, so i didnt ever come back to it. Is that the end of the main story or did I miss something? Also never finished the zombies campaign. Worth it?[/spoiler:3676soe7]
Nope...not finished. There is still a little bit of story yet.

I won't spoil it but here's a hint: You need to see someone in Blackwater (should be marked on your map). ;)[/quote:3676soe7]
This person did not show up on my map until I was near the train station in Blackwater. ;)

Spike Forehand
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
I still have the game, but don't have any DLC for it. I think it is one of the greatest games ever, but I've never played any of the online modes if you can believe that, so don't know squat about joining a posse or what there is to do in multiplayer :))

I think the only DLC you had to buy was the zombies, which is OK but not needed for MP fun.

We had some good time pistol whipping donkeys and such when this first came out. Def like coop modes better than the death match types games. Will do some more if I see anyone on line.

Jackie R
01-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Def like coop modes better than the death match types games.
I agree. Holding out in the fort against the Mexican Army was awesome!

http://www.fwi.co.uk/blogs/lincolnshire-farming-blog/mexican%20king%20charles.jpg

Sup3rman
01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

[spoiler:1yemyp25]I made it all the way to the end where Marstons wife dies, and then I got in a gunfight at the barn, lost, and then came back as Marston's son. I rode around a bit, but it didnt seem to direct me anyplace in particular, so i didnt ever come back to it. Is that the end of the main story or did I miss something? Also never finished the zombies campaign. Worth it?[/spoiler:1yemyp25]

You are further along than me. I got this game late so by the time I got it, you guys were done playing it so I never did finish the single campaign. I played for a couple hours last night and did some side missions as well as finished the mission called "spare the rod, spoil the bandit" I think i'm going to play this game for a while as I never did take full advantage of it. I also never did finish the zombies campaign as well. If you guys ever on and want to do some coop, zombies, or whatever..just send me an invite. :)

Spike Forehand
01-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I may be willing to posse up tonight, but will probably not be on until 10 pm Et or so.

Jackie R
04-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Jumped back into the multiplayer last night. I wasn't able to hook up with any other MPs but I did meet a couple of randoms in the Friendly server and had a real good time. I forgot how much fun the online portion was.

Besides, I think I was earning triple XP last night. ;)

Borlaxx
04-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Jumped back into the multiplayer last night. I wasn't able to hook up with any other MPs but I did meet a couple of randoms in the Friendly server and had a real good time. I forgot how much fun the online portion was.

Besides, I think I was earning triple XP last night. ;)
Sorry I didn't join you. My brother came over and this game doesn't have split-screen.

I'm probably going to watch some Game on Thrones with the wife tonight. May get on after, but probably not until after 9:00 or later.

Jackie R
04-25-2012, 09:59 AM
No problem Nate. Maybe next time. ;)

Jackie R
04-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks for jumping on with me last night Czech! Making the stand in Mexican fort brought back a lot of memories (well, that and you splitting my boys with your tomahawk :)) )

theczech99
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Yep good times Jackie! Hopefully we can get 4 of us on at the same time for some co-op action.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?szbges

Badgerute
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Yep good times Jackie! Hopefully we can get 4 of us on at the same time for some co-op action.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?szbges

Glad to see people still playing this. I am dl'ing now off of the PSnetwork. Looking forward to playing the SP and MP.

theczech99
04-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for jumping on with me last night Czech! Making the stand in Mexican fort brought back a lot of memories (well, that and you splitting my boys with your tomahawk :)) )
Iíve got to post that clip of me hitting you in the nuts with the tomahawk. It still wonít be as funny not being able to hear our conversation before it was lodged into your midsection.

Me as Iím taking aim at Jackieís nuts with a tomahawk: hey do you have this set on friendly. :-\ (on friendly you canít kill each other.)

Jackie: I think so! :-?

Me as Iím watching Jackie grab his privates and fall over dead: OH S JACKIE, IíM SORRY!!! :-o =(( =))

Jackie R
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Me as Iím taking aim at Jackieís nuts with a tomahawk: hey do you have this set on friendly. :-\ (on friendly you canít kill each other.)

Jackie: I think so! :-?

Me as Iím watching Jackie grab his privates and fall over dead: OH S JACKIE, IíM SORRY!!! :-o =(( =))
=))

Glad to see people still playing this. I am dl'ing now off of the PSnetwork. Looking forward to playing the SP and MP.
You'll be glad you did. The SP is awesome and the MP is some of the most fun that I have ever had online. It was stupid of me to ever have traded this in and I'm glad that I picked it up again. I hope you hook up with us. :cheers:

Borlaxx
04-26-2012, 02:16 PM
You'll be glad you did. The SP is awesome and the MP is some of the most fun that I have ever had online. It was stupid of me to ever have traded this in and I'm glad that I picked it up again. I hope you hook up with us. :cheers:
Did you get the GOTY Edition with the Undead Nightmare pack? I am about where I was in the SP when I got bored the first time and traded it (in Mexico) but I have been told it picks back up, and I am avoiding doing the time-consuming boring stuff that was part of the reason I lost interest the first time (stupid picking flowers, hunting, finding treasure, etc) and I am just concentrating on the story missions, although sometimes I do play poker for awhile. I hope to finish the regular SP within the next couple weeks and then try the Undead Nightmare portion.

theczech99
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Badger you need to make sure weíre online when you decide to start playing the MP in RDR. :-"

Borlaxx
04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Badger you need to make sure weíre online when you decide to start playing the MP in RDR. :-"
Don't let this man near your [spoiler:whhjnxjt]donkey.[/spoiler:whhjnxjt]

theczech99
04-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Don't let this man near your[spoiler:27vtk6h7]:-$[/spoiler:27vtk6h7].
^#(^

Borlaxx
04-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I haven't tried playing the MP since I got it again. Never ranked up much in it before. I wonder if I can use my Warhorse DLC that came with the GOTY Edition in MP :-?

theczech99
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I haven't tried playing the MP since I got it again. Never ranked up much in it before. I wonder if I can use my Warhorse DLC that came with the GOTY Edition in MP :-?
I have some $$$ in my PSN wallet and was thinking about getting the warhorse last night but didn't want it if i couldn't be used in MP. Let me know if you can.

Jackie R
04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Did you get the GOTY Edition with the Undead Nightmare pack? I am about where I was in the SP when I got bored the first time and traded it (in Mexico) but I have been told it picks back up, and I am avoiding doing the time-consuming boring stuff that was part of the reason I lost interest the first time (stupid picking flowers, hunting, finding treasure, etc) and I am just concentrating on the story missions, although sometimes I do play poker for awhile. I hope to finish the regular SP within the next couple weeks and then try the Undead Nightmare portion.
I don't have the GOTY edition but I do have all the DLC including Undead Nightmare, which, if i may say, is one of the greatest pieces of DLC that I have ever seen for any game.

Don't let this man near your [spoiler:27wqhzb8]donkey.[/spoiler:27wqhzb8]
...or your nuts ;)

I have some $$$ in my PSN wallet and was thinking about getting the warhorse last night but didn't want it if i couldn't be used in MP. Let me know if you can.
I looked it up. Apparently, the Warhorse can only be used in SP. :(

Spike Forehand
04-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Sweetness!! Glad to see this game popping back up in the forums.

Anyone wanna ride the range tonight? I feel the need to pistol whip some ass!!

http://sfist.com/attachments/SFist_AndrewD/pistolwhip.jpg

Borlaxx
04-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Not sure if I will be on tonight, but if I am it will probably be about 9 eastern.

Jackie R
04-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Sweetness!! Glad to see this game popping back up in the forums.

Not sure if I will be on tonight, but if I am it will probably be about 9 eastern.

I couldn't get on last night but I should be on around 9 pm (EDT) tonight if anyone wants to posse up. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/cowboy.gif

Spike Forehand
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
[quote="Spike Forehand":8z6xko4y]Sweetness!! Glad to see this game popping back up in the forums.

I couldn't get on last night but I should be on around 9 pm (EDT) tonight if anyone wants to posse up. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/cowboy.gif[/quote:8z6xko4y]

Poker night for me tonight. Noone showed up last night so I took the opportunity to finally finish the SP. So silly I hadn't done it before. I was 5 minutes from the end -lol.

Borlaxx
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Noone showed up last night so I took the opportunity to finally finish the SP. So silly I hadn't done it before. I was 5 minutes from the end -lol.
Sorry I didn't join you. By the time I got on it was 9:30, and since the baby had been tossing and turning I decided to play something that didn't require chat so I didn't risk completely waking him up and incurring the wrath of mom.

Jackie R
04-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Borlax, Czech (w /friend), and Badger...thanks for joining my game last night. It has been a long time since I laughed my ass off like that in an online game.

Highlight of the night had to be Borlax's display of ragdoll physics in front of the fort. :))

After he finally made it back in...

Jackie - "Hey Borlax! There's a bunch of weapons in front of the fort. You should go grab them!"

Borlax - "Got to hell!" =))

Sorry about losing you last night Badger. I didn't realize that you didn't have the pack. :( You can go to the PS store and download it for free though. It's called "Outlaws to the end co-op pack" I believe. :cheers:

Thanks again everyone! I look forward to playing again.

theczech99
04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Borlax, Czech (w /friend), and Badger...thanks for joining my game last night. It has been a long time since I laughed my ass off like that in an online game.

Highlight of the night had to be Borlax's display of ragdoll physics in front of the fort. :))

After he finally made it back in...

Jackie - "Hey Borlax! There's a bunch of weapons in front of the fort. You should go grab them!"

Borlax - "Got to hell!" =))

Sorry about losing you last night Badger. I didn't realize that you didn't have the pack. :( You can go to the PS store and download it for free though. It's called "Outlaws to the end co-op pack" I believe. :cheers:

Thanks again everyone! I look forward to playing again.
I always have good times playing RDR! I'm uploading the co-op game to YouTube now. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to post some more highlights of the night. I think I did get some footage of rag doll Borlax and the donkey slaughter.