PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Information/Tips

Borlaxx
03-09-2010, 12:13 PM
As I am sure you are all aware, vehicles are a big part of this game, and learning how to use them effectively often seems like the key to victory. I thought I would start this thread so we could post info on the vehicles and give tips. I plan on doing a little research as time allows and will post any information I find on this thread. I can/will update this OP as well with any stats or other important information. Please contribute any information or tips you have on the vehicles. Thanks.

Psalm
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I have a very sneaky way of eliminating enemy vehicles in Any type of match...but, it works best in TDM (due to the vehicle is in the middle).
In TDM I will immediately run over to the tank/Bradley and place 2 C4 packs on it....then I run away.. As soon as I find the enemy is in it I pull the trigger. no matter how far away I am from it...boom 100 points vehicle kill plus usually a double or triple kill... I have gotten 15 C4 kills in a match once...pretty crazy. I tell my teammates don't get in the vehicle I have it rigged.
This doesn't work as easily in the other matches as you have to get behind their vehicle spawn and do it...but, i have done it a few times.
it adds the most beautiful element of sabotoge to a game....and they will continue to get in the damn thing...if they don't...its all yours

Borlaxx
03-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I have a very sneaky way of eliminating enemy vehicles in Any type of match...but, it works best in TDM (due to the vehicle is in the middle).
In TDM I will immediately run over to the tank/Bradley and place 2 C4 packs on it....then I run away.. As soon as I find the enemy is in it I pull the trigger. no matter how far away I am from it...boom 100 points vehicle kill plus usually a double or triple kill... I have gotten 15 C4 kills in a match once...pretty crazy. I tell my teammates don't get in the vehicle I have it rigged.
This doesn't work as easily in the other matches as you have to get behind their vehicle spawn and do it...but, i have done it a few times.
it adds the most beautiful element of sabotoge to a game....and they will continue to get in the damn thing...if they don't...its all yours
Awesome! I thought about rigging an ATV with C4, driving it right into a group of them, and then blowing myself and the ATV sky high but taking 3-4 of them down with me. Might even be able to jump off the ATV at the last moment since it keeps going and then pull the trigger so perhaps I will not die. What do you think? I really don't give a damn about my KDR in this game since is matters so little compared to MW2, so I am more than willing to sacrifice one life to get multiple kills. Hell, if I or someone else did it we could put a hole in their front line and then a medic could just come up and revive the suicide runner.

Psalm
03-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Epic idea...dang a suicide mission. how crazy is that.I think it would work!!!

Borlaxx
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I wonder if you can C4 a UAV? That would be great! Just fly the thing in, land in a group of them, BOOM!!!!!!!!!! I love how this game opens up so many new ideas and tactics for FPS gamers!

Psalm
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I wonder if you can C4 a UAV? That would be great! Just fly the thing in, land in a group of them, BOOM!!!!!!!!!! I love how this game opens up so many new ideas and tactics for FPS gamers!
Man...I am going to try that....that would be crazy
*edit...one person would have to put the C4 on it and another would fly it...then give the teammate the ok to blow the C4 charges.
heck I have the extra c4 charges unlocked I think it gives me at least 6 charges...sweet

DV8mAn
03-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Put all your C4 on the back of a 4 wheeler. Drive at full speed toward a tank. Jump off while the 4 wheeler is in motion. Detonate C4 on impact with the tank. Sounds like fun, but will it work?

Psalm
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Put all your C4 on the back of a 4 wheeler. Drive at full speed toward a tank. Jump off while the 4 wheeler is in motion. Detonate C4 on impact with the tank. Sounds like fun, but will it work?
Yeah, we talked about something like this eariler...I would love to try this in a game (private or public)
C4 should be on the front of the 4 wheeler for max explosion....(hopefully it won't get blown up before hand)
I mentioned that I like to booby trap the tanks with C4 and let the enemy take the tank, then blown em up with a few inside FTW!!!

Borlaxx
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Yup, we were talking about something like that but in terms of taking out a group of people. Also discussed the possibility of sticking some C4 on a UAV and using it as a big remote explosive.

DV8mAn
03-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I need to learn how to fly the blackhawk. I was very efficient in crashing them last night seconds after takeoff.

Borlaxx
03-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I need to learn how to fly the blackhawk. I was very efficient in crashing them last night seconds after takeoff.
Don't get lessons from DvlDawg......... :))

DV8mAn
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I'll stick with being a passenger for now. I tried to do a private match to learn how to fly, but you need 8 people to start a private session. :(

Borlaxx
03-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I'll stick with being a passenger for now. I tried to do a private match to learn how to fly, but you need 8 people to start a private session. :(
Well, we now have 8 MPs playing this game, so perhaps we can get a private match going sometime soon. Any word yet on OFCs getting and playing this game? Time to form the Arthritic Alliance!!!!

DV8mAn
03-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I've confirmed Bytored has it. He just bought a PS3 this week so he's going thru the painful process of figuring out what those two protruding things are in the middle of the controller. I'm up for a private match anytime, I'll add all the MPs from the BC2 list tonite.

dinsdale1978
03-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I have tried the C4 tactic and it works if the ATV explodes from impact; which it normally does. I find it more entertaining to drive the explosive ATV into an enemy area and just leave it so they get on it to travel a bit. Then I let them get near their buddies and hit the detonator. I haven't tried the UAV idea yet.

There are certain maps in which taking the smoke add-on for the tank is crucial. Though no one seems to use it.

I am up for a private test match if you all are on.

batson456
03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I just figured out how to fly the chopper the other night. Try out the passenger choppers on the maps that support it. Its not so make or break if you blow one of those up. Just take it slow. Pressing down on the RS moves you forward and up on it moves you backwards. R2 (I think) or R1 takes off and L2 lands it. Just play around, you won't be the first person ever to blow one up. I think every match I'm in someone flies the chopper straight out of bounds. Again, just take it slow and play around, its quick and easy to get used to.

theczech99
03-17-2010, 02:24 PM

You have a very good point. I think we should attach C4 to all vehicles before using them. That way you can take it to the other team as a gift. Kind of like a Trojan horse. You see all the time someone on your team jumps out of a vehicle and an enemy jumps in. Then they use it against your team. Donít wait for them to come and get it, take it to them. Then trigger the C4 when they are inside or near it making repairs.

SlapLaB
03-19-2010, 05:17 AM
There are certain maps in which taking the smoke add-on for the tank is crucial. Though no one seems to use it.

Which maps are you thinking about?
I've just unlocked it and am wondering what's the best way to use it...

sam007
03-21-2010, 03:56 PM
The gunboat is one of my favourites when attacking. I don't know the name of the map but the layout yes. the spawn point there's 2 Blackhawks, 1 UAV, and a 2 gunboats and a bunch of seadoos.

This tactic requires boots on ground and keeping the other team occupied with getting kills. If they (teammates) all jump on the chopper or are snipers, forget about it.

Pilot the boat from the spawn point, try to stay out of site while getting to the objective. Partially gound the boat between A and B, if you ground the boat in front of objective B, its just a matter of lining up the sites and getting the rounds to hit the MCOM, if it flashes, you're on target. You will need to change to the bow gunner if you are doing this alone (which is what I do cause not part of a clan, yet) The best part is, if troops on ground set the charge, line the sights up and destroy who ever tries to disarm the charge, either way, you're gonna get points. The best part is they do not know where you are hitting them from cause you're behind cover if they stay behind their lines and they are concerned about disarming the charge and looking for attackers defending the charge. If you ground the boat closer to A, to get at B, you need to angle over and need to bust through the concrete barrier first. I have not really found an effective way to attach A with the gunboat yet. But the principle is the same, just gotta remember the trajectory of the projectile.

When attacking in RUSH and their are tanks, just stay a good distance and destroy the building, when the structure collapses, Objective destroyed.

If you are in the gunner position of any vehicle, all out enemies using the SELECT button, if the rest of the team is paying attention, they will show up on screen and aid in target acquisition. I tend to get myself killed when on foot and in CQB situation cause I'm trying to hit and call them out for the rest of the team to "avenge" my death or aid in the elimination of the opponent.

But this tactic would be best shown in video.

sam007
03-21-2010, 04:37 PM
If playing assault class, and there's a sniper in the squad, spawn on him if they are still alive and blasting away, drop off an ammo box and hook up with the rest of the squad/team and get in the action.

Most important for ANY class, is to use the SELECT button which will call out the enemies you spot. Its so much easier to follow an upside down orange triangle than looking for blended in movement.

Here's another good tip, if attacking, deny the defenders places to hide, if defending, do the same to the attackers. Blow stuff up, cut down trees with the stationary MG or mounted MG on the vehicle.

In my early days, I've created shooting lanes on maps as a sniper with mortar fire and MG fire. because you are creating these lanes, the opposition will not know because its a unique map now.

With vehicles, I found it more useful to have the sensor feature cause the radar actually informs you of surrounding bad guys, in ANY vehicle. If you use the UAV, you can assist the team is spotting the enemy by flying over head. Hit the SELECT button when ever you spot, sometimes it works, sometimes, not, i dont know how or why. If you are feeling VERY adventurous, try for an AIRKILL with the UAV, spot an enemy in the open and fly her down, I did that without knowing it was a trophy but more of an act of boredom and to get a vehicle kill.

sam007
03-21-2010, 11:34 PM
found this on youtube, pretty good pointers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

Empire Bones
03-23-2010, 11:04 AM
On Port Valdez I try to get in either of the tanks first then I drive it straight down the hill into the woods behind Alpha and I blow up the building at close range. It usually takes the other team just a little too long to realize what I've done and I destroy the first MCOM station in about 30 seconds.

Something we've tried but haven't perfected yet is the C4 on the ATV drive it to the MCOM station and then have a teammate blow you and it up. The idea being that on some of the harder points to set the charge you just blow the station up via a suicide rush.

On some maps you can have a UAV in the air at the same time the opposing team has a helicopter in the air. The UAV can actually knock the helicopter over, causing it to turn upside down or at least sideways causing the person flying the helicopter to have a tough time trying to keep firing on someone or may even cause them to hit the mountains.

One of my favorite moments of all time was during the demo, I joined a Rush match on Port Valdez (obviously) and we were attacking the last base, we had already taken Alpha and were struggling with Bravo. We had set the charge and I took my tank and drove it through the front of the building and just kept pumping tank rounds into the room. The other team couldn't get close enough to the charge to disarm.

Bongtoker A2
03-23-2010, 03:03 PM
My best vehicle is the bradley. I find if you use the ALT weapons package (a stinger missle) you can take on even the T-90 very effectively. If you have a good co-pilot to take out soldiers from running up on you, and I destroy buildings and cover with the cannon you can sometimes dominate the map. A few tips for new drivers: I use the zoomed out view while driving to see foot soldiers around you better. Also take out cover (buildings,walls,trees) to keep foot soldiers away from you and for easy kills! KEEP MOVING to avoid being a easy kill from mortar strikes and c4 attacks. Find alternate routes if possible to avoid mines and stationary AT. Provide cover fire for your team "get in the fight" how many times in a match do we see a driver sitting out of the battle just randomly shooting. Protect your team and they will help keep foot soldiers off of you. Finally and this is a tough one watch out for the fake missle lock mainly on maps with just a few vehicles or just one side has a vehicle. Although their is no sure fire way to know if someone is trying to get you out to steal your vehicle this can be a sure fire way to lose the battle for your team. If you have a squad swarming all over you with missle lock on but not firing right away watch out if you hop out they will kill you and hop in to your vehicle and have a much better chance at getting the win. I hate to say it but sometimes it is better to go down with the ship to save the rest team and win the battle. I know these are basic tips and most long time battlefield players know these things but these are good things for new players to know.

sam007
03-23-2010, 03:41 PM
FAKE missile lock?

Theres such a thing? But thats pretty funny when that happens to you. Though not too sure if it has to me, getting my ride stolen after I've bailed. :))

OK, i get what you mean, I myself have not tried the mechanics of getting a missile lock after shooting a tracer, but my understanding is putting the cross hairs and wait for the lock countdown to confirm and they do not end up shooting. :-B

Bongtoker A2
03-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Yea, FAKE missile lock is just the term I used to warn people that it is a tactic being used. It happened to me a few times when I first started playing BC 2. Now when I am on foot and other players are in tanks I watch out for enemy squads swarming around the tank. It seems this only happens when it is a very organized squad because one squad member must hold the missile lock and the other squad mates kill the soldiers hopping out. I used to see this in conquest quite often but now I mostly play rush and have not really seen it. Not sure why this is? It could be just a fluke.

Thecleric
03-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Some excellent tips on here peeps keep them coming, am going to do a weekend playing this game, no kids and girlfriend at work so come on weekend

Mind you im rubbish

thecleric

Spike Forehand
03-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on what the best vehicle add-on/upgrade is?

I have all of them unlocked, but it's a slow process to try each one out to gauge effectiveness.

The one I tried out last night was the smoke pack, and it defeinitely generated a lot of smoke but I question that value of it over the other upgrades. Seems like someone with a Gustav or the mounted TOW could still target the center of the smoke and have a good chance of hitting you. Also, vehicles are best used as either a way to transport foot soldiers past an enemy permieter, or as a more long range weapon to knock down buildings or lay down suppressing fire.

Borlaxx
03-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Here is my tip. Don't get in a helicopter if you see me flying it. L-) Stole one from the attacking team last night just to get it up in the air and realize it is the kind where the pilot doesn't have a gun. I asked the other three if anyone wanted to spawn into it. Not surprisingly, I was greeted with silence, LOL! So I decided to play chicken with the enemy helicopter and try to run into it. Unfortunately they had a gunner in theirs #-o

My best vehicle by far is the UAV. I normally get about 5-10 kills with it before getting shot down, and I get a TON of spot assists. I have been using the perk that makes your main weapon do more damage, and with the UAV it is really useful as you can kill infantry without having to hit directly on them, and you can take out a tank with one direct hit.

Bongtoker A2
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
My feeling on the vehicle upgrade packages is that it really depends more on which map you are on and the type of driver you are. On a map like Atacama Desert in conquest the long range package can be very effective but on small maps this can be useless. That being said I would say the warhead upgrade and armor upgrade are the most diverse and on most maps are a good pick . Also does anybody know if the vehicle sensor package picks up mines? I thought I read somewhere that it does but the few times I have used it I have run over mines and never noticed the sensor picking it up.

Sampsta
03-30-2010, 02:36 PM
C4'ing the UAV is a must try for me but i would need to try it in a pri match. actually if anyone is interested in doing a pri match tonight just to give it a whirl id apprecaite it.

One tip i found is that if you are in an Abrams using the enhanced warheads or equillivant russian tank, i will do an end round the enemy tank come up behind it and actually ram it to the point when i have it propped up.

then i unleash holy hell as fast as possible. The other driver tries to get unstuck but i always get the vehicle destroy points + enemy kill add onto that if im defending a flag..

SlapLaB
03-31-2010, 05:34 AM
I finally found a way to get those two "car" pins... (something like 4 kills with any car and 3 road kills)

The trick: Arica Harbour in attack mode
At the first base, there's alwways a free humvee at the spawn point...
take it, go to the defenders' base (preferably avoiding the mine field), and drive round and round and round... :devil:

OK there was a lot of burning humvees around there at the end, and it was kind of useless apart from distracting the defenders, but I got my two pins B-)

sam007
03-31-2010, 03:10 PM
The senor which shows enemies in direct proximity to your vehicle is what I use "all the time". it helps with spotting engineers who are about to RPG the armour, jump out and pop a few caps in their ass.

Even jumping on an ATV and zip around to detect where they are helps in spotting them for the team to take them out.

SlapLaB
04-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Stupid question here...

Can anyone tell me how to lock in a guided missile or a mortar strike on a vehicle?
I'm always confused about what to do with the big red square...

MrBlitzer72
04-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey there!

Here is what i normally do.

Mortar Strikes with the recon kit: Basically you can spot out any "solid" location whether it be a tank, building, trees, anything really, and just hold the right trigger button until you hear the confirmation that the mortar strike is coming in. Be careful if you are behind cover, or trying to take something out really far away (like across the map), because it will end up using the closest thing to you to lock on to...ive committed the epic fail many times gettin to know the mortar strike! #-o

Guided Missle Strikes- The RPG and the second one are both sighted, basically meaning that you have to aim it yourself, account for drop in the projectile, ect...BUT, they become ALOT more effective and are actually guided when you use the tracer darts on your targets, or have a member of your squad do it. I always use the tracer dart gun because it accumulates points when you tag a target, and also lets your whole team be able to target the enemy. The last shoulder mounted item works a little differently. This one you can shoot at the target and just move the orange square and keep it over your target and the missle will guide itself to it. Sometimes when you miss your target because they turn too quickly, you can move that orange square and continue to guide the missle to the target.

Personally, i like using the rpg with tracer darts...sometimes the Carl Gustav as well, which seems to be the norm for alot of players. Hope this helps! :cheers:

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

SlapLaB
04-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey there!

Thanks for your answer MrBlitzer. I thought that there was somehow a way of locking a mortar strike on a moving vehicle though.
Because the red circle sometimes seems to be fixed somewhere else than the center of the screen, and sometimes it's flashing sometimes it's not...

Maybe I've been dreaming... :-\

MrBlitzer72
04-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi There!

The red dot or circle as you refer to it, is telling you that you are locked on to a active vehicle or enemy (meaning if the mortar strike is successful, you will get a kill). There is no way that i know of to mortar strike a moving vehicle and keep it locked onto it as it moves around the map. Sometimes if you see a tank coming down the beaten path, and he is being predictable, you can set the mortar strike ahead of him and have him drive into it...hope that helps! :)

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

pyrenus2
04-05-2010, 09:38 AM
The ALT WEAPON package also adds the machine gun to the UAV. Thats the vehicle mod I usually run with.

SlapLaB
04-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Anybody has a tip to get that sea vehicle pin? :-"

sureMOE
04-16-2010, 06:47 PM
There are two fairly easy ways to get the sea vehicle pin. The first one is Laguna Presa on attackers. If you grab the boat from the dock and you head towards the base, you will notice off to the left there will be an island that sits out from the crate on the left (B, I believe, but am not sure). You head directly towards that island and then when you are about 30 yards out, hit your X button to switch to the grenade seat. You should glide up on the back of the island and be hidden behind some brush and trees. Then start raining grenade fury down on their heads. It took me just a couple minutes to get the pin. And it takes them a while to figure out what's going on and kill you. Also, if you get your trajectory right from that island, you can actually blow the crate up in a very short amount of time with the grenade launcher. If they kill you, just do it again.

Second one is you do the same thing on Isla Inocentes. Wait until your team destroys the M-COM stations on the first base, and then when they move the base up, grab the boat and head directly for the crate to the left (B again, I believe, but not sure). Beach it straight out from there and then rain down havoc on crate B. The boat will be hidden by the building to your right, so it will take the other team a while to see you. When they noticed that the M-COM station is taking damage they will run over there to see what's going on and you can usually kill a bunch of them there. You will also probably take out the crate really fast, so hopefully you can get both!

Bonus for both of these techniques is if you stay alive it gives your squadmates a close spawn point. :))

TrojanTeacher
04-16-2010, 07:24 PM
I try to do that all the time, but unfortunately my squad mates start driving the boat! :cuss: It might work best if you aren't in a squad. LOL!

SlapLaB
04-17-2010, 05:40 AM
I got it now, thanks ;)

Actually I found out somewhere on the net that sniping on the back of a boat counts :-B

Now, onto the air vehicle one...