PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Class

Borlaxx
03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Right now my fav class is the Medic class. I was a big fan of the LMGs in MW and MW2, so that is what first caused me to focus on this class. Now that I have the health pack and the defib paddles unlocked I am absolutely loving this class! I was a big fan of the reviving in W@W, and was somewhat disappointed they didn't include it in one way or another in MW2. Now I have a class that combines healing and reviving people along with the weapon class I like the best. LMGs + Healing FTW! Can't wait to unlock some of the specialization perks. Once I am done unlocking everything for the medic class I will probably focus on the Engineer class. I like serving a supporting role in combat.

Psalm
03-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I have enjoyed the Engineer class. I have almost maxed it out...it is mostly SMG's and machine pistols. Not good in Long battles...but, thats why I ride in vehicles. (and fix them). I really like the Scar carbine and the Uzi. I have used most of the RPG's/AT4's...they are all about the same....maybe a little preference to the AT4. I have also gotten about 2/3's of the recon class maxed.... Sniping is too easy in this game. plus I like spotting for my team....

batson456
03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I have loved playing assault. I like being the grunt down on the battlefield, because to me it is almost as much fun to die for a cause than to kill for one. I have unlocked all of the weapons for assault and definitely prefer the A-94 with the 4x scope and the magnum rounds or whatever the increased bullet damage ones are. The gun has awesome accuracy and almost no recoil when used right. Only drawback to the assault class is the reliance on other people to kill vehicles and keep you alive when you're running around the flag/mcomm station.

phogman
03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Right now my fav class is the Medic class. I was a big fan of the LMGs in MW and MW2, so that is what first caused me to focus on this class. Now that I have the health pack and the defib paddles unlocked I am absolutely loving this class! I was a big fan of the reviving in W@W, and was somewhat disappointed they didn't include it in one way or another in MW2. Now I have a class that combines healing and reviving people along with the weapon class I like the best. LMGs + Healing FTW! Can't wait to unlock some of the specialization perks. Once I am done unlocking everything for the medic class I will probably focus on the Engineer class. I like serving a supporting role in combat.

I'm using the medic class and was also drawn to it because of the LMG. I'm racking up some serious points with the defib and health packs. I killed an enemy last night with the defib paddles, first time I'd done that.

Borlaxx
03-11-2010, 03:15 PM

I'm using the medic class and was also drawn to it because of the LMG. I'm racking up some serious points with the defib and health packs. I killed an enemy last night with the defib paddles, first time I'd done that.
Yup, I am racking up the points, too, but since I tend to put myself in dangerous situations to try to revive someone my KDR is crap, but at least in this game KDR means next to nothing.

phogman
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Its very refreshing to not even worry about KDR in BC2. I was so obsessed with it on MW2 that no one in the house was alllowed to play on my account, for the fear that my KDR would drop .01 of a point.

DV8mAn
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Its very refreshing to not even worry about KDR in BC2. I was so obsessed with it on MW2 that no one in the house was alllowed to play on my account, for the fear that my KDR would drop .01 of a point.

I know that feeling. I was 2.80 on MWR (on the Wii) and NO ONE was allowed to touch the game. In BC2 I could care less, more concerned about objectives/reviving/repairing/recon/spotting.

Borlaxx
03-11-2010, 05:28 PM

I know that feeling. I was 2.80 on MWR (on the Wii) and NO ONE was allowed to touch the game. In BC2 I could care less, more concerned about objectives/reviving/repairing/recon/spotting.
I think DICE downplayed the importance of the KDR is this game (it doesn't even show to your friends or to everyone between matches) so that people wouldn't obsess over it and instead play the game as a team. :-bd

batson456
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I was very concerned about my KDR at first, because I felt it was a measure of my skill. Then I realized that I am going to die...and a lot, and it became much easier to go cap an objective. Although I also got a little bit too crazy for a bit and just threw myself towards enemy gunfire over and over again to try to cap an objective and that doesn't help either:) A little constraint is necessary.

Bulvinne
03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I've played most classes to make them useful so I can use whatever is required, ie: medic having the med packs and defib, engineer having the repair tool etc.

I've probably played the medic the most, it's nice being able to turn the tide of a battle with a few well placed med packs and revivals:) Also, I even though there's a lot of medics out there, it seems not that many of them even bother to heal anyone or bring anyone back, they are more interested in using that LMG.

I'll probably max out assault next... I'm ex infantry, it's in the blood hehe.

ETERNALAGONY
03-12-2010, 09:02 AM
First I unlocked all the reacon items, then all the assult. The M16 with a 4x scope and bullet upgrade. I cant believe how many kills I get with this setup. I used to break even, now Im going 25/6 aprox per game. The M16 even "snipes" better then most reacon weapons, unless at a EXTREMELY long range. Put a 4x scope on it & you wont believe what it can do for close, medium, & far ranges.

Bulvinne
03-12-2010, 02:08 PM
You like the M16? I've heard good things aboug it, I've unlocked m60 and some good medic stuff, so that class I can use for good team support, but I'd like to level up assault as well, everytime I play one though, seems nobody else plays a medic and I suck/die non-stop, I go from being #1 on the team, to not even registering on the score lol. If you have any good tips, holler at me.

With medic I tend to follow folks around and keep their health up and revive, and shoot mostly in defense of them/myself, I don't go rambo into the enemies, so I know assault is a different style, I did ok running/gunning in mw2, but I this game is much different and in my opinion, much better.

Borlaxx
03-12-2010, 02:25 PM
You like the M16? I've heard good things aboug it, I've unlocked m60 and some good medic stuff, so that class I can use for good team support, but I'd like to level up assault as well, everytime I play one though, seems nobody else plays a medic and I suck/die non-stop, I go from being #1 on the team, to not even registering on the score lol. If you have any good tips, holler at me.

With medic I tend to follow folks around and keep their health up and revive, and shoot mostly in defense of them/myself, I don't go rambo into the enemies, so I know assault is a different style, I did ok running/gunning in mw2, but I this game is much different and in my opinion, much better.
I play the same way as you. My KDR is rarely good, but I keep a lot of people alive and revive fallen people to keep the front line strong. I normally have one of the worst KDRs, but one of the best scores. The only time I will go Rambo is if we are on defense and the enemy just set a charge and there is no one else closer than me to try to disarm it.

DooomsDay33
03-12-2010, 04:26 PM
It's Engineer and assault for me.

batson456
03-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I've been experimenting around with the recon class quite a bit lately, and think I have found some sort of rhythm, and am ranking pretty highly in term of points and such, but I am wondering if anyone here has a ton of experience with the class? I am just wondering if there is any particular gun that is better than the rest. I have been using nothing but the M24, and its getting kind of old. Is the magnum or M95 much better? I'm about to unlock the magnun in about 500 points or so, and I hope that it is better!

jkodrigues
03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
i play as recon i love getting spot assists also i will try help covering and giving mortar support

jd1969
03-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I usually play as an engineer or recon. I like both depending on what map I am playing.

Borlaxx
03-15-2010, 08:53 AM
I have unlocked everything for the medic class. I still run with it most the time as it seems that most teams don't have many medics that actually make healing and reviving people their focus like I do, but did use the engineer class some last night and was able to take out several tanks which is very satisfying seeing as how the medic class is the only one that doesn't have any way to damage a tank.

Psalm
03-15-2010, 09:53 AM
I've been experimenting around with the recon class quite a bit lately, and think I have found some sort of rhythm, and am ranking pretty highly in term of points and such, but I am wondering if anyone here has a ton of experience with the class? I am just wondering if there is any particular gun that is better than the rest. I have been using nothing but the M24, and its getting kind of old. Is the magnum or M95 much better? I'm about to unlock the magnun in about 500 points or so, and I hope that it is better!
I have fully unlocked both the recon and the engineer classes...
I have tried all of the Recon weapons and have found the GOL magnum to be my weapon of choice it can reach across the length of almost any map and it is deadly accurate. Bolt action...but, the Bolt action weapons are going to have greater distance and accuracy than the Semi-Auto ones...I don't prefer the M95. It is a Bolt action version of the Semi-Automatic Barrett 50 cal. It may have as good if not better range than the Gol. But, I find the Gol more accurate.

jkodrigues
03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I have fully unlocked both the recon and the engineer classes...
I have tried all of the Recon weapons and have found the GOL magnum to be my weapon of choice it can reach across the length of almost any map and it is deadly accurate. Bolt action...but, the Bolt action weapons are going to have greater distance and accuracy than the Semi-Auto ones...I don't prefer the M95. It is a Bolt action version of the Semi-Automatic Barrett 50 cal. It may have as good if not better range than the Gol. But, I find the Gol more accurate.
the m95 has bigger bullit there for more damage but in acuracy gol is the best thats my weapon of choice too and once u get up through the ranks u will unlock the magnum upgraded wich will make more damage so i think u should stick to it
one other thing u should stick to one weapon of choice cause when u reach a certean number of kills it will give u lots of points of the gold pins of each weapon thats why i have a higher rank with less kills

callmegoose
03-15-2010, 03:44 PM
While playing the demo, I was solely Sniper as I didn't know what buttons did what. Now that I have the game I'm not too sure what I'll be.

OneArmedBndt
03-16-2010, 09:50 AM
i started out as a medic, so i could follow ppl around, learning the maps and getting the hang of the game. ended up falling in love with the kit. ill run lmg marksman and 4x scope while attacking, imp med kit healing and range on defense. m60 on both. ive racked up 6k+ games running these setups, and i just picked the game up a few days ago.

im looking for advice tho. everyone and their mother is playing a medic now, so im trying to find another kit to use when medic isnt practical(ie team isnt sticking together, or everyone on the squad is a medic). ive been toying with assualt, but im failing pretty hard at it it seems.

Bulvinne
03-16-2010, 09:00 PM
im looking for advice tho. everyone and their mother is playing a medic now, so im trying to find another kit to use when medic isnt practical(ie team isnt sticking together, or everyone on the squad is a medic). ive been toying with assualt, but im failing pretty hard at it it seems.

I've been finding a lot of teams that have a lot of medics and am trying assault too and have noticed the same as you. My advice is to keep plugging at it, because I did unlock AN-94 and it does do pretty well. I'm getting better on assault, just takes practise and hopefully some good support from the medics:) Also, don't forget to re-supply your team, I don't know how many times I've been doing well, racking up kills on a class, then can't find a re-supply.

fivereeds04
03-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Sniper for me, I like to hang back and use my upgrades to inform others as locations and I also enjoy providing cover for my teammates that use assault class. The GOL with 12x and sensor package provides me with the best ability to do my job, now my boys on the other hand just love to run and gun... I really love the fact that whether or not I get any kills or not I can help out my team but spotting things that they might not see. Also getting up in years I don't have a problem just sitting and looking for the right opportunity to show it's self. I must admit though my main objective is to be anti-sniper not gunning down everything around me like some snipers I have hung with, dang I do not need tons of kills, I just need to help. I also will not spawn camp, I prefer to hang at the start point and shoot across the map from a secluded area.

I hate the fact that snipers tend to get a bad rap yet it is included as a class, recon is important, I also use my mortar strike ability to take out tanks and large groups of hostiles.

superfly43
03-18-2010, 10:53 AM
I am actually starting to enjoy all of the classes more and more. I've stated before I was having some struggles with recon and medic, so I purposely have been playing those classes the most. I agree with fivereeds that sitting back and marking targets is alot of fun, and it really seems to help my team when I do it. I usually switch classes two or three times per match depending on what is going on. If my team needs some help spotting I go recon, if we need help pushing through I might go medic and try to keep the rush force alive, or I might help as an assault if there are alot of medics. Last night I adopted another strategy, where I picked engineer and followed my team's tanks through the map and repaired them as needed, and using the tanks for cover to shoot at enemy infantry.

I think that's why I like this game so much. I'm not the quickest twitch, most awesome player ever, but I can have fun in so many ways that actually benefit my team. All of the classes are fun to play if you're willing to be humble about your k/d ratio and score and just try and be helpful.

Spike Forehand
03-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I am just wondering if there is any particular gun that is better than the rest.

I am not a good sniper, but I certainly get killed by plenty of them. The one that seems to get me the most is "sniperskaiya". Not sure if that's just a reflection of where most snipers have advanced to in this still-young game or is reflective of the quality of the weapon.

I am currently playing Medic when on Defense and Assault when I'm on Offense. Once in a while I may play the other classes if it seems like my team has a need for an engineer (lots of vehicles around) or sniper (good sniping maps) and if it looks like our team has enough assault class/medics.

Trying to unlock the SAW with red-dot that I picked up from ETuesday once when he died. It was a great combo.

fivereeds04
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
if you're willing to be humble about your k/d ratio and score and just try and be helpful.

I could not agree more. :applause:

DV8mAn
03-18-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm enjoying all the classes. when I'm medic or assault I am more focused on resupply/health. Recon is more for spotting .. a lot of spotting. Lately Ive been running as an engineer since some of the maps have lots of vehicles. I let someone else drive the tank, I man the machine gun and jump out when the tank needs repaired. It's an excellent strategy to gain points and blow stuff up.

fivereeds04
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
I am just wondering if there is any particular gun that is better than the rest.

I am not a good sniper, but I certainly get killed by plenty of them. The one that seems to get me the most is "sniperskaiya". Not sure if that's just a reflection of where most snipers have advanced to in this still-young game or is reflective of the quality of the weapon.

I am currently playing Medic when on Defense and Assault when I'm on Offense. Once in a while I may play the other classes if it seems like my team has a need for an engineer (lots of vehicles around) or sniper (good sniping maps) and if it looks like our team has enough assault class/medics.

Trying to unlock the SAW with red-dot that I picked up from ETuesday once when he died. It was a great combo.

I think that the better the weapons that you unlock definitely the better you can be. Now not all unlocks are great that is for sure. Now please understand that I write this in my most humble tone, I am not a super Recon dude nor was I some hero recon marine sniper in the real world (my hat comes off for all that have served), I am just some guy having fun, I mean it's a game right. :-o

I have found that depending upon the map determines the rifle I will use and also the scope and everything else, I will sneak forward and use mortar on folks and I will happily jump to an other class as others have said (just so folks understand that I am not sniper only it's just my favorite) to help out the effort, I just die a whole lot quicker... :((

Bongtoker A2
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
I prefer the assualt class I like the XM Prototype good combo of short and long range power. I am only a few points away from getting the A-94 that looks like a great weapon. Also the HE-frag is devistating against men in buildings and with some practice you can take out bradleys and humvees. Plus getting lots of points handing out ammo!

SlapLaB
03-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Right now I'm playing Medic on attack (quite experienced) and Recon on defense (beginner)...
Medic is a bit overpowered in terms of points racking IMHO. You can get 1000s of points (and a lot of kills with those LMGs as well) quite easily.
Now when you play any other class it's very difficult to get to that level...

Now I'm struggling to get efficient with Recon. It's quite fun finding a good spot to hide, spotting, going behind enemy lines and strapping C4 on vehicles, etc... Sniping it seems I cannot get good at though. With the basic gun you have to headshot for an instant kill, which I rarely get - and it takes very long to reload. The gun seems to make a huge diff for sniping - not so much for the other classes.

Spike Forehand
03-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Got the mines unlocked on engineer level last night.

Any good tips for using these? Seems like an effective way to get some vehicle kills without giving occupants the chance to take a little damage and jump out, but are they poowered enough to one-shot-kill vehicles?

I know I ran over one in an ATV one time, and it blew me about 50 feet in the air - @-)

theczech99
03-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Now I'm struggling to get efficient with Recon. It's quite fun finding a good spot to hide, spotting, going behind enemy lines and strapping C4 on vehicles, etc... Sniping it seems I cannot get good at though. With the basic gun you have to headshot for an instant kill, which I rarely get - and it takes very long to reload. The gun seems to make a huge diff for sniping - not so much for the other classes.

Playing recon is slow at first. Unlock the mortar strike to help rack up the points. Watch for large groups of enemies and hit their location. If they run and spread out from their cover more than likely your teammates will kill them giving you kill assist points. Also when your team plants a charge when attacking, call in a mortar strike to kill any income enemies helping your team secure the objective. The mortar strike is also very good for taking out vehicles. You can use these tips to help you level up and get the 12x scope. Once you have the 12x scope, recon becomes very fun and a lot easier to play.

fivereeds04
03-19-2010, 01:05 PM

Playing recon is slow at first. Unlock the mortar strike to help rack up the points. Watch for large groups of enemies and hit their location. If they run and spread out from their cover more than likely your teammates will kill them giving you kill assist points. Also when your team plants a charge when attacking, call in a mortar strike to kill any income enemies helping your team secure the objective. The mortar strike is also very good for taking out vehicles. You can use these tips to help you level up and get the 12x scope. Once you have the 12x scope, recon becomes very fun and a lot easier to play.

Yup, Yup... Gotta love the 12x, also remember to not get trigger happy, the trigger happy sniper will always give him/herself away. Recon in my opinion (just mine) is all about "NOT" getting the most kills. Recon takes crazy patience, like when you played hide and go seek as a kid, if you had found the perfect spot you might only be able to use it a few more times... so you have to make sure that the shot that you take is going to do it in one or less... Less you say? Yes if you have the scope attachment then you can get kills just by pointing enemies out to your teammates (that lesson took me a while to learn not just earn). Also don't be so eager to get in the middle of the action unless it is called for, especially when you get the better scopes, you can just sit back and watch the battle unfold, of course most folks won't get that fact so you get called a camper or something else. So be it.

Spike Forehand
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Yup, Yup... Gotta love the 12x, also remember to not get trigger happy, the trigger happy sniper will always give him/herself away. Recon in my opinion (just mine) is all about "NOT" getting the most kills. Recon takes crazy patience, like when you played hide and go seek as a kid, if you had found the perfect spot you might only be able to use it a few more times... so you have to make sure that the shot that you take is going to do it in one or less... Less you say? Yes if you have the scope attachment then you can get kills just by pointing enemies out to your teammates (that lesson took me a while to learn not just earn). Also don't be so eager to get in the middle of the action unless it is called for, especially when you get the better scopes, you can just sit back and watch the battle unfold, of course most folks won't get that fact so you get called a camper or something else. So be it.

Great info guys. Very helpful.

One question I have is regarding defending against mortar strikes. Many times I have seen effective mortars either take down an MCOM iteslf, or at a minimum make it very difficult to defend. Likewise, riding in a vehicle gets pretty hazardous when mortars are raining down.

I am assuming that denying a sniper line-of-sight of the target results in him not being able to accurately place mortars. However, since I have yet to level up my Recon to be able to use mortars, it's just an assumption on my part. Is it an accurate one?

SlapLaB
03-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the tips, very useful!
I will try them.

Don't want to turn this into another "I hate recons" kind of thread, but I do find it annoying when you're attacking and you have 2-3 "camper" recons on your squad - if only because you will respawn miles away from any action.
In defense I don't care too much... maybe it's pushing a bit but I think the whole team could be recon and still do an ok job.

The good thing about recons is that now more people seem to have found out about the Select button :cheers:

Borlaxx
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I will try them.

Don't want to turn this into another "I hate recons" kind of thread, but I do find it annoying when you're attacking and you have 2-3 "camper" recons on your squad - if only because you will respawn miles away from any action.
In defense I don't care too much... maybe it's pushing a bit but I think the whole team could be recon and still do an ok job.

The good thing about recons is that now more people seem to have found out about the Select button :cheers:
Recons can be very effective on the attacking team if they zoom in on the objective after someone else on the team arms it. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to disarm the charge while on defense just to see me and everyone else who gets near it get taken down by sniper fire. If there are two good snipers watching the area, and if the objective is exposed due to building damage, it makes it just about impossible to disarm as you don't have enough time to find them and take them out before the charge goes off.

I have also seen many people with the recon class running with shotguns or the Thompson or another gun all classes can use. They are basically assault with C4 and mortar strikes, and can be very effective.

fivereeds04
03-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I will try them.

I could not agree more, if the the team is unbalanced you will not win... To many times I will see the amount of folks playing Recon and go for another class. Now if while I am doing my level best and all I hear is other folks (not snipers) complaining because there is a sniper on the other team taking out all of the guys around me (including myself :blush: )I will switch and do "anti" sniper work. I hate it when the guys playing sniper are just going for broke on everything around them. Once again this is just my opinion (and we all know what that means :D ) I prefer to take out other snipers when possible, I derive pleasure from that, I love the cat and mouse when I am going up against another sniper that is on the same page, dang it is a real rush to find him or her before they find me.

jkodrigues
03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
yesterday i was playing rush on the islands and at least 75%of the team were recons i also play recon most of the times depending on the situation i will change to assault
the point is on that team there were lots of recons and i was the only one spoting the rest dont spot at all they want the kills and it doesnt matter if a charge is ready to blow they will not move
i am editing this cause i sent a message to one of the recons and he answer me today
i asked why dont u guys spot?
he answered get ur own fckg kills

Spike Forehand
03-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I have an apology to make to my fellow MPer's.

We had a great squad of all MPers with me, ETuesday, Currahee, and czech and were Rush attacking on Atacama (I think - I have trouble remembering the map names) last night. At one point, all four of us got in a Bradley with me at the wheel. I must have slowed down too much at one point and some bugger planted some C4 on us and blew all four of us to smithereens. :cuss:

Last night when we were defending I played mostly engineer and had a great time planting mines and smoking vehicles. I learned on a video that you should plant more than one, so I would usually plant all three on a roadway and then go looking for ammo, restock, and plant all three on another roadway. Special thanks to ET who restocked me several times on Isla Inocentes.

I think ended up smoking like 7 or 8 vehicles and a total of 10 kills in two matches. Got all kinds of medals for it - including the explosive efficiency and anti-vehice efficiency pins.

Good times...

Spike

Spike Forehand
03-20-2010, 11:26 AM
yesterday i was playing rush on the islands and at least 75%of the team were recons

I have seen this too. I was in a random match one time attacking on Paraiso getting absolutely slaughtered - not even one time did we even set the MCOM to blow, let alone blow it. Finally I figured out that every other player in the match was recon except me.

Seen the same thing in reverse as well. Playing D and you wait and wait and noone ever rushes the objectives because everyone on the other team is playing recon - lol.

Last night czech and I saw a very effective strategy being used against us by attackers at the last defend point on Atacama. They were having one guy stay hidden in a building at the back of the map, and their squadmates were using him as a spawn point repeatedly. By the time we figured it out and were getting ready to smoke the fool, the match was over.

SlapLaB
03-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Last night czech and I saw a very effective strategy being used against us by attackers at the last defend point on Atacama. They were having one guy stay hidden in a building at the back of the map, and their squadmates were using him as a spawn point repeatedly. By the time we figured it out and were getting ready to smoke the fool, the match was over.

I think i've seen this today on port valdez too.

The only pb with this strategy is to convince one guy to stay hidden :D

SlapLaB
03-20-2010, 01:51 PM

yesterday I unlocked the T88 sniper and it already makes quite a big diff...
That's the gun I used most on the SP campaign, I think for a bad shoot like me it works quite well 'cause I can have several go before reloading!

now waiting eagerly for the mortar strike... spotting and getting kill assists like crazy ;)

jkodrigues
03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
yesterday i was playing rush on the islands and at least 75%of the team were recons

I have seen this too. I was in a random match one time attacking on Paraiso getting absolutely slaughtered - not even one time did we even set the MCOM to blow, let alone blow it. Finally I figured out that every other player in the match was recon except me.

Seen the same thing in reverse as well. Playing D and you wait and wait and noone ever rushes the objectives because everyone on the other team is playing recon - lol.

but thats the thing the guy was probably a recon doing is job spoting and helping is team advance
like today i was playing and our mcoms where beeing atacked there were 5 guys outside the house and nobody would go in to defuse it cause they knew there were guys in there so they just let it blow and then kill the guys as they leave building really productive

sam007
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I like them all there's a role for each one within each squad and map. But not being part of a clan, its jut run around and drop ammo packs, med kits, revive when you can. No one understands "I need ammo" and you're looking right at them when they are assault class.

Dropping land mines is odd places is fun too, they never know what hits them. I didn't until I started playing the Engineer class.

Sniping was fun at the beginning before you learn all the maps, but I found that you needed to get in the mix and get shot up a few times to learn where the shooting lanes were and the spots where snipers sit and stalk. The shot of where you killer is camping is really useful. Calling out where the other team is.

All the classes are maxed out for me, all vehicles are at least bronze star, the only area which I'm working on are the shot guns, one of my weakest areas on the weapons list.

But I'll play which ever class the squad needs and how the others play is a determining factor for me.

sam007
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I like them all there's a role for each one within each squad and map. But not being part of a clan, its jut run around and drop ammo packs, med kits, revive when you can. No one understands "I need ammo" and you're looking right at them when they are assault class.

Dropping land mines is odd places is fun too, they never know what hits them. I didn't until I started playing the Engineer class.

Sniping was fun at the beginning before you learn all the maps, but I found that you needed to get in the mix and get shot up a few times to learn where the shooting lanes were and the spots where snipers sit and stalk. The shot of where you killer is camping is really useful. Calling out where the other team is.

All the classes are maxed out for me, all vehicles are at least bronze star, the only area which I'm working on are the shot guns, one of my weakest areas on the weapons list.

But I'll play which ever class the squad needs and how the others play is a determining factor for me.

callmegoose
03-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Dang, I'm very green when I comes to this game. Is there somewhere that explains this "spoting" and how to use the mortors and c4? I've played so far on the Rush, or Defend, conquest option solely on Recon. I've never played BC before the Demo hit, then bought BC2 last week.

Borlaxx
03-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Dang, I'm very green when I comes to this game. Is there somewhere that explains this "spoting" and how to use the mortors and c4? I've played so far on the Rush, or Defend, conquest option solely on Recon. I've never played BC before the Demo hit, then bought BC2 last week.
If you are on PS3 then once you have someone or a vehicle in your sites you press the select button. Not sure what it is on the 360. Someone with more experience with the mortars and the C4 should answer the other part.

callmegoose
03-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely have to start using it.

sam007
03-22-2010, 10:46 PM

Mortar, left D-pad brings up the item, use ZOOM (L1)button, put red dot on target, hold down FIRE (R1)button until the timer is full. duck back behind cover and let the rain begin.

When i used to play RECON religiously, I did like a 10 times kill, at least, hahaha, the other team had two RECON guys on top of a roof and the rest of the team was spawning on them, i dropped a few mortars on all of them.

C-4 Left D-Pad, brings up the item. click L1 to throw 1 C4, R1 detonates it, be mindful not to be too close to the C4 cause the blast radius can kill you if you're within it.

There are many ways to use C4 creatively, set a booby trap on a path, etc. Not my forte but managed to still get the bronze star for C4.

Hope this helps.

callmegoose
03-23-2010, 06:07 AM
I spent the night hiding away and spoting like crazy. My team won 4 out of the 6 Rush, conquest I played last night.

SlapLaB
03-23-2010, 07:07 AM
good spotting makes a huge diff between victory and defeat IMHO

unfortunately it does not bring so many points...
well at least compared with reviving :-"

I wonder btw, when do you get a spot assist?
is it when somebody else kills the guy you spotted? or just shoots at him?

I think you should get a small amount of points (maybe just 1?) by enemy you spot, because it's still useful for the team even if noone shoots at him

theczech99
03-23-2010, 10:20 AM

Yes, you only get spot assist points for the spots that are killed. If you spot and kill them you get both, a spot assist and kill points.

Devldawg0311
03-23-2010, 11:26 AM

Yes, you only get spot assist points for the spots that are killed. If you spot and kill them you get both, a spot assist and kill points.

Very true, for example I had an all time round high last night 8500 points, cause I always spot the enemy, just incase i miss, then everyone else in the area has there chance,,,,,and i like the points.. I believe that spotting is critical in all the BC2 game modes, can very well change the outcome of a match.

Devldawg0311

Empire Bones
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I love playing Medic, nothing more thrilling than running into the middle of a gun fight shooting bad guys and reviving a team mate.

Next up I like Recon because I like the death from a distance aspect.

You can tell I'm not much into Engineer or Assault because I haven't finished out either of those classes yet.

sam007
03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I love playing Medic, nothing more thrilling than running into the middle of a gun fight shooting bad guys and reviving a team mate.

Next up I like Recon because I like the death from a distance aspect.

You can tell I'm not much into Engineer or Assault because I haven't finished out either of those classes yet.

Ya gotta try Recon with one of those Semi auto rifles with a red dot and magnum rounds. Best of both worlds, "assault" with motion minds. Pretty good combination.

Two rounds into centre mass usually puts them down. Three for sure from what I recall. Have a reliable Assault class on your side and you're golden for defending a position as a squad with unlimited motion minds and ammo!

Sampsta
03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
I definitely like the Engineer or the Medic class. I definitely enjoy the recon, beacuse i like the weapons. Spotting out potential targets is a good way to assist your squad.

Spike Forehand
03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
There are many ways to use C4 creatively, set a booby trap on a path, etc. Not my forte but managed to still get the bronze star for C4.

You know, it's really interesting. Out of all the ways to die (as I am very good at - demonstrated by my anemic K/D), C4 is probably the one I have run across the least. I'm guessing that it's because it's in the sniper class, at most guys running that don't want to get into the middle of the action to plant C4 and prefer to stay back and snipe.

However, last night we did have one very interesting C4 issue. Someone on our team (but not on the MP Squad] had planted multiple C4 packs on every single wall of the MCOM building that we were defending. Obviously, if a bunch of enemies were in there it would be a good way to get a bunch of kills, but it seemed to be a bad idea if you didn't want that station blown up.

DB4
03-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I have been using the engineer class. Is it my favorite? don't know, haven't tried them all yet. but even then I have no idea how I am supposed to "engineer" anything. I tried pulling out my tool on a busted up tank but it didn't seem to work.

sam007
03-24-2010, 03:18 PM
had planted multiple C4 packs on every single wall of the MCOM building that we were defending. Obviously, if a bunch of enemies were in there it would be a good way to get a bunch of kills, but it seemed to be a bad idea if you didn't want that station blown up.[/quote]

I remember that, the whole building was blinking, I'm sure his intentions were good. Stupid yes.

Spike Forehand
03-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Very true, for example I had an all time round high last night 8500 points, cause I always spot the enemy, just incase i miss, then everyone else in the area has there chance,,,,,and i like the points.. I believe that spotting is critical in all the BC2 game modes, can very well change the outcome of a match.
Devldawg0311

One tip I saw on a video about spotting.

On those maps where you are parachuting in - I think it's Arica? - youi can spot as your are floating down. Just keep mashing the select key (on PS3) as you are floating to the ground and even though you are pretty far away it will highlight players on the battlefield for your teammates.

This worked well in the Arica matches we had last night, but I wasn't able to spot anyone in Nelson Bay on a couple of attempts - that map may not be as good for it.

Spike Forehand
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I have been using the engineer class. Is it my favorite? don't know, haven't tried them all yet. but even then I have no idea how I am supposed to "engineer" anything. I tried pulling out my tool on a busted up tank but it didn't seem to work.

Vehicles that have already blown up cannot be repaired, only ones that have taken partial damage.

Best way to class up on engineer is to repair vehicles like crazy and use the RPG, anti-tank mines, and Gustav missile to blow up vehicles. You can also dismantle a running vehicle that an enemy is in with your tool, but it can be hazardous to your health as enemies can pop out of the tank and cap you, or you can get road-killed.

One time, I was driving a tank and it was damaged, and I got out on one side to repair it and the damage gauge popped up and the tank was being repaired when all of a sudden the damage gauge reversed and started to go down. An enemy had jumped into the tank while I was out of it. I just left the tool there and destroyed the vehicle at that point.

YOURDADDY777
03-25-2010, 06:21 AM
I use the assault class with a (G3-m1911-C4-extra explosives- extra damage explosives) when Im attacking nothing gets a game over faster then running up to a bomb throwing 6 C4's on it & BOOM!!! But for some dumb reason no matter how far away I get it still kills me hensforth the bad KDR LOL.

On Def all medic.

the main thing I dislike about this game is Im a LVL 26 & have everything unlocked & almost all my pins now what? getting 700-3000 points a game is nothing when you need 100000 to go to the next level. And does anyone else have a problem with when u respawn you cant knife or throw a grenade?

Thecleric
03-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Well with me being a newbie at any Battlefield games, i started off with assault and am now busy with medic, i seem to like the lmg as i get more kills but when with assault im spraying bullets everywere :)) , i think i will stick with medic for a little bit then go bk to assault, and maybe try enginner after that, with sniper i thought was borin just sittin sumwhere spotting and occasionally taking someone out, but reading on here im wrong so maybe a bash as sniper after the others.

thecleric

vendettas-POPS
03-25-2010, 06:36 PM
For me I'm really enjoying the engineer class. I maxed out the recon class already to but setting out all those anti-tank mine still puts a smile on my face. Played my first game with a full MP squad. The guys were great and welcomed me right in. Thanks guys and can't wait to play and learn some more!

theczech99
08-19-2010, 02:50 PM
A blast from the past!!!

These were the good old days, back when Borlax and Ed played BC2 with us. :(

Many others have come and gone since these old posts. Thanks to those that have stuck around. :cheers:

DayliteMag
08-19-2010, 03:21 PM
A blast from the past!!!

These were the good old days, back when Borlax and Ed played BC2 with us. :(

Many others have come and gone since these old posts. Thanks to those that have stuck around. :cheers:

I was thinking the other day about how MW2 is still really popular with lots of gamers (including a bunch of MPs), which makes me think that the same is very likely to happen with BC2. We have all been talking lots about Black Ops and MoH and assuming they will lure players away from BC2 (my drug of choice), but perhaps BC2 will continue to thrive (especially wth the Vietnam expansion).

Sckrapps
08-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Hear, hear! :pray:

I suspect you might be right, judging too from the way RDR fell off, for instance. Some games just seem to stick.

I think its totally a chocolate/vanilla thing (some people like BF, some people like CoD), but BFBC2 seems to have a pretty dedicated hard core of players. I know for me that BFBC2 is like chocolate, and vanilla, on a BBQ sandwich, with pizza, and washed down with beer. For whatever reason BF just does it for me, and I probably won't stop playing until the next game in the series comes out.

Toxic Avenger72
08-19-2010, 05:42 PM
For whatever reason BF just does it for me, and I probably won't stop playing until the next game in the series comes out.

Same here!

For favorite class, mine is assault and exactly as YourDaddy777 (G3-m1911-C4-extra explosives- extra damage explosives). I like to throw all 6 C4s on the MCOMM, arm the MCOMM, run to a safe place, wait about 15-20 seconds, and BOOM!! Nothing make me smile more than all those objective damage points and killing some enemies at the same time. I've been able to get a couple of quadruple kills doing that. :cheers: :D

ProfUnderDog
08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
For whatever reason BF just does it for me, and I probably won't stop playing until the next game in the series comes out.

Same here!

For favorite class, mine is assault and exactly as YourDaddy777 (G3-m1911-C4-extra explosives- extra damage explosives). I like to throw all 6 C4s on the MCOMM, arm the MCOMM, run to a safe place, wait about 15-20 seconds, and BOOM!! Nothing make me smile more than all those objective damage points and killing some enemies at the same time. I've been able to get a couple of quadruple kills doing that. :cheers: :D

BFBC2 should have staying power because it really does a great job of pitting teams against each other and as a result every game is different. I would new maps would certainly help.

As you can see from my scores, I pick class by task, and that changes with each game and sometimes during the game. If we are shy on medics, then I'm a medic, if we need to keep the opposition pinned down, then recon, if we have armor or air engineer. But if you want to score lots of points in Rush, gotta be assault with C4, extra explosives and extra damage explosives. G3 or M1A1 and usually 1911.

DayliteMag
08-19-2010, 07:06 PM

Same here!

That's an interesting combo, I've never tried. When attacking, I almost always go Recon with G3-C4-Tracer Gun-extra explosives-Magnum Ammo. I think I will change it up a bit. I guess the major advantage is that you can re-supply yourself and others as an assault. As a Recon I almost never remember to throw the motion mines (probably because I almost always play hardcore...unless all the other MPs are playing regular) so I am missing out on those points anyway. I suppose the Wookie suit does have some advantages, on occasion...but darned if you don't just end up looking like a big Teddy Bear. Assault def looks tougher!

TrojanTeacher
08-19-2010, 11:35 PM
BF Vietnam! Hell yeah! Favorite class is Assault. Then Medic.

CELockwood
08-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Hear, hear! :pray:

I suspect you might be right, judging too from the way RDR fell off, for instance. Some games just seem to stick.

I think its totally a chocolate/vanilla thing (some people like BF, some people like CoD), but BFBC2 seems to have a pretty dedicated hard core of players. I know for me that BFBC2 is like chocolate, and vanilla, on a BBQ sandwich, with pizza, and washed down with beer. For whatever reason BF just does it for me, and I probably won't stop playing until the next game in the series comes out.

Great, now I'm hungry!

I hope this game has some staying power because I'm still enjoying it and looking forward to the expansion. After about 300 hours, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm not a noob.

I like the engineer, followed by assault, though I've gotten more points and kills from assault.

DayliteMag
08-20-2010, 08:10 AM
I like the engineer, followed by assault, though I've gotten more points and kills from assault.

There is nothing sweeter than the sound of an enemy tank hitting an AT mine....KABOOOOM! Destroy enemy vehicle, kill enemy, double/triple kill.....mmmmmm AT mines, FTW! \m/

CELockwood
08-20-2010, 08:14 AM

There is nothing sweeter than the sound of an enemy tank hitting an AT mine....KABOOOOM! Destroy enemy vehicle, kill enemy, double/triple kill.....mmmmmm AT mines, FTW! \m/

Yup, they've become my weapon of choice lately. Though, I've also 'discovered' Mr. Carl. Don't know where this thing was when I first started playing, but I find a certain amount of satisfaction in sending a Carl care package into a nest of snipers.

Toxic Avenger72
08-20-2010, 08:37 AM

You better not use those AT mines. You'll probably get some hate mail like I did (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=928&p=47422#p47422). LOL! That guy was a total L-). I love AT mines especially defending at Laguna Presa.

DayliteMag
08-20-2010, 08:48 AM
You better not use those AT mines. You'll probably get some hate mail like I did (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=928&p=47422#p47422). LOL! That guy was a total L-). I love AT mines especially defending at Laguna Presa.

Classic! I have yet to receive any hate-mail. I keep hoping :pray: but...nada! I've certainly felt like sending some hate mail (i.e. to Maddhippy who must have killed me a dozen times last night ~x( :spank: b-( :-t )

Oh well, at least it was a nice break from being killed by a bunch of anonymous d-bags with idiotic tag names like: PinkPanties or MonkeyCrap!

CELockwood
08-20-2010, 09:13 AM

Classic! I have yet to receive any hate-mail. I keep hoping :pray: but...nada! I've certainly felt like sending some hate mail (i.e. to Maddhippy who must have killed me a dozen times last night ~x( :spank: b-( :-t )

Oh well, at least it was a nice break from being killed by a bunch of anonymous d-bags with idiotic tag names like: PinkPanties or MonkeyCrap!

Weirdest thing, I haven't gotten hate mail, but in the last week, I've gotten two 'good game' type messages from opposing players after the match. Who'd have thunk it, folks actually going out of their way for sportsmanship!

SlapLaB
08-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I love AT mines especially defending at Laguna Presa.

Yep... one of my favorite trick is to put some in the water next to the beach, right at the start of the game... :devil:

bigdaddyj2468
08-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I like the assault class unlimited ammo! but lately been liking the engineer class.AT MINES are great for veichles and mcoms :D

Toxic Avenger72
08-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I've certainly felt like sending some hate mail (i.e. to Maddhippy who must have killed me a dozen times last night ~x( :spank: b-( :-t )

I hate being on the oppisite team of MaddHippy. He must have killed me a dozen times last night too. :spank: b-( #-o Glad to know he takes his wrath out on everyone equally.

Sckrapps
08-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Great, now I'm hungry!

I hope this game has some staying power because I'm still enjoying it and looking forward to the expansion. After about 300 hours, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm not a noob.

If I ever make it to Lexington, KY we'll definitely have to break bread together! :D

TrojanTeacher
08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I always try to invite Hippy to my side as well. I've seen the damage that guy causes.

sniperella
08-22-2010, 01:07 AM
I've certainly felt like sending some hate mail (i.e. to Maddhippy who must have killed me a dozen times last night ~x( :spank: b-( :-t )

I hate being on the oppisite team of MaddHippy. He must have killed me a dozen times last night too. :spank: b-( #-o Glad to know he takes his wrath out on everyone equally.

And now I am the proud owner of some shiney Hippy TAGS!! But I know they come with a price... I will seriously be watching my back whenever I see MaddHippy on the opposite side!! :-ss

ProfUnderDog
08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
And now I am the proud owner of some shiney Hippy TAGS!! But I know they come with a price... I will seriously be watching my back whenever I see MaddHippy on the opposite side!! :-ss

You'll always have teammates who don't like to hunt other teammates to watch your back :cheers: Hippy, I still need one more set of tags for my et tu brute ;)

ustolemygmrtag
08-22-2010, 09:45 AM

You'll always have teammates who don't like to hunt other teammates to watch your back :cheers: Hippy, I still need one more set of tags for my et tu brute ;)

Thanks Under Dog, glad to know somebody had my back last night. I saw a Wookie with a knife, wheeled and opened fire, just as the Wookie went down (I knew I missed, cause I only got some assist points) and I hear someone say it was Hippy going for my tags! #:-s Thanks for saving my tags!!

~oops, this is Sniperella by the way. Forgot to sign out and sign in as myself! OOPS! :blush:

CELockwood
08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I always try to invite Hippy to my side as well. I've seen the damage that guy causes.

No crap. He must have killed me a dozen times last night. As the night got later, and I got crankier, there was one round where everybody (gamertag, toxic, sniperella) kept saying he's right there! I couldn't see him, and felt like an idiot. I'm running all over the damn place trying to find where he's standing, wondering why if he's standing in the same place no one has put a couple of bullets in him. Finally realized where he was, but I pretty sure I came out badly on the losing end of kills with him last night.

I invited over to our side and party a few times, but I think he was enjoying killing us too much to switch.

TrojanTeacher
08-22-2010, 04:07 PM
It's fun to go after those you know sometimes. Even more fun to be partied up and doing it. We should have a 'friendly' squad rush match today. 4 v 4.

MaddHippy
08-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Sorry guys!! I joined in the middle of that game and it stuck me on the other side. You guys did help my k/d ratio, though, so thanks!! :D

Hopefully, I'll team up with you guys next time.... it's a lot of fun playing in an mp squad.

CELockwood
08-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Sorry guys!! I joined in the middle of that game and it stuck me on the other side. You guys did help my k/d ratio, though, so thanks!! :D

Hopefully, I'll team up with you guys next time.... it's a lot of fun playing in an mp squad.

No worries, we had lots of fun cursing you. Good times.

sniperella
08-22-2010, 07:30 PM
It's fun to go after those you know sometimes. Even more fun to be partied up and doing it. .

I know, especially when you hear the person on the other team argues with you when you find them and inform your team where he is hiding!! That's right Daylite, I'm talking about you! I say, Daylite is hiding behind the rocks on the left, and I hear back, no he isn't, that's not really Daylite! LOL! =))

TrojanTeacher
08-22-2010, 08:05 PM
What I find hilarious is all the apologies after some of the kills. For example:

//enable BF Background War Sounds

rat-tat-tat-tat-tat

ProfUnderDog <M248 LMG> MAIceman

//enable Party Chat

ProfUnderDog: Sorry.
MAIceman: No worries.
ProfUnderDog: Yeah, I just didn't see you and when I saw you then I killed you.

(not direct quotes and not necessarily using the right people)

TrojanTeacher: Mercy is for the weak! Finish him!

=)) =)) =))

DayliteMag
08-22-2010, 10:30 PM
It's fun to go after those you know sometimes. Even more fun to be partied up and doing it. .

I know, especially when you hear the person on the other team argues with you when you find them and inform your team where he is hiding!! That's right Daylite, I'm talking about you! I say, Daylite is hiding behind the rocks on the left, and I hear back, no he isn't, that's not really Daylite! LOL! =))

If you ever hear a voice saying, "It's not Daylite, nothing to see here, move somewhere else. ". You should listen. :D

ProfUnderDog
08-23-2010, 07:20 AM
It is definitely more fun when we are actually all in live party. Last night we had some serious MP vs MP action, but it just wasn't the same without the cross team chat. Taking Charge's tags just wasn't the same when I couldn't hear him complain. Then again, it would be a lot harder to run the UAV against each other ...

@TrojanTeacher - shoot first, apologize later. :cheers:

DayliteMag
08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
It is definitely more fun when we are actually all in live party. Last night we had some serious MP vs MP action, but it just wasn't the same without the cross team chat. Taking Charge's tags just wasn't the same when I couldn't hear him complain. Then again, it would be a lot harder to run the UAV against each other ...

You're right, it would have been more fun if we had all been in on the Live Party (i.e when I spawn camped and killed you waaay back in your deployment...and then you came back and exacted your revenge :applause: ). At one point I think we had 12 MPs on with 6 on each team. It would have been AMAZING if we could all have gotten onto the same team! Full MP team = Awesome...FTW!!!!!!!! We've come close a couple of times with at least 8 on one team, but I would really love to have a full MP team some day.

Your point is well taken about the UAV. The biggest draw back (IMO) to having MPs on both sides of the match is it kinda messes with the inherent element of strategy for which BC2 was built. That said, when we have MPs on both sides I tend not to take the game as seriously and just look at it as an opportunity to have some fun (it is a game after all). The best is when you are the only MP on the opposing team, but still on the Live Party...unless the lone MP is Madd Hippy, in which case...run...'cause you can't hide. :(( O:-) ..... :))

ProfUnderDog
08-23-2010, 10:23 AM

You're right, it would have been more fun if we had all been in on the Live Party (i.e when I spawn camped and killed you waaay back in your deployment...and then you came back and exacted your revenge :applause: ). At one point I think we had 12 MPs on with 6 on each team. It would have been AMAZING if we could all have gotten onto the same team! Full MP team = Awesome...FTW!!!!!!!! We've come close a couple of times with at least 8 on one team, but I would really love to have a full MP team some day.

Your point is well taken about the UAV. The biggest draw back (IMO) to having MPs on both sides of the match is it kinda messes with the inherent element of strategy for which BC2 was built. That said, when we have MPs on both sides I tend not to take the game as seriously and just look at it as an opportunity to have some fun (it is a game after all). The best is when you are the only MP on the opposing team, but still on the Live Party...unless the lone MP is Madd Hippy, in which case...run...'cause you can't hide. :(( O:-) ..... :))

Daylite that was a lot of fun. What you missed was me telling Freak and Iceman, "Daylight" is hiding way back in our spawn by the waterfall, and they kept saying, "are you sure?" "I don't see him." "He must be gone." But there you where, my guess is waiting for stragglers and the Bradley? I did think about taking your tags, but you are pretty quick and weren't facing away from me.

As for strategy, it is funny because we know how each of us plays the game pretty well. My favorite was one game when I was stranded on the other team on Isla and Blitzer said "I bet underdog is going for a PWC right now," and that was exactly what I was doing.

BTW, was it an MP that flew the UAV right into a group of medics outside the MCOM last night?