PDA

View Full Version : In game chat

Devldawg0311
03-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Just a heads up. Don't be offended if my mic is on and I am not talking lol. There are allot of times I am playing but my wife will be talking to me and or my kids. And being there is no mute button, allot of times I don't put on the headset. Just wanted to give you all the heads up, so you didn't think I was being rude.

Devldawg0311

theczech99
03-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Just a heads up. Don't be offended if my mic is on and I am not talking lol. There are allot of times I am playing but my wife will be talking to me and or my kids. And being there is no mute button, allot of times I don't put on the headset. Just wanted to give you all the heads up, so you didn't think I was being rude.

Devldawg0311

No prob Devldawg. I think most of us are in the same boat.

Devldawg0311
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
OK, I may have to retract that first post of mine lol, I broke down and just went and traded two games and 15 dollars and bought the Sony PS3 Bluetooth headset,,,,,,it has a mute mic feature,,,,,sweeeeet, for those of you who dont have one, I'll give some feedback on it after I use it for a couple days.

Devldawg0311

Borlaxx
03-23-2010, 11:24 AM
OK, I may have to retract that first post of mine lol, I broke down and just went and traded two games and 15 dollars and bought the Sony PS3 Bluetooth headset,,,,,,it has a mute mic feature,,,,,sweeeeet, for those of you who dont have one, I'll give some feedback on it after I use it for a couple days.

Devldawg0311
That is the one I have. Great sound quality. I have noticed the voices are much more clear when playing BC2 compared to MW2.

Devldawg0311
03-23-2010, 11:29 AM

Devldawg0311
That is the one I have. Great sound quality. I have noticed the voices are much more clear when playing BC2 compared to MW2.

Cool, Im looking forward to using my new toy lol, probably within the next 30 minutes or so lol. I was using the old Socom headset that came with the first game on the PS2 lol,,,,,tired of that freaking cord.

Devldawg0311

Psalm
03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I would suggest saving up and buying a Tritton AX-Pro...you can adjust voice chat volume independently from the game volume. Plus you get surround sound gaming (8 speaker headphones)

DB4
03-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I would suggest saving up and buying a Tritton AX-Pro...you can adjust voice chat volume independently from the game volume. Plus you get surround sound gaming (8 speaker headphones)

=p~

how much is it???

sam007
03-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Devldawg0311

Damn Marine, wheres your self control? hahaha, JK

I bought mine with SOCOM Confrontation package and I ended up selling the game unopened. The headset alone was the same price.

I personally don't like it, I have this bluetooth headset for my phone and it gives me headaches, and the Sony one is the same sort of design.

That being said, i sometimes/most times don't use it. Plus I'm shy, hahaha.

Nah, I can't talk and shoot at the same time, its freaking requires lots of mental capacity. 8-}

Devldawg0311
03-30-2010, 04:18 PM

Sounds cool, but Im not a fan of headphones really. And I do enjoy the surround sound comin from my 3500.00 dollar Bose home theatre. :p

Psalm
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM

=p~

how much is it???
Ooops...sorry didn't see that till DD bumped it.
they are about $160 from Tritton ...I got mine on Ebay for about $70 in still new shape.

sam007
04-06-2010, 05:34 PM
don't know if you guys get a good copy when I speak, cause no one seems to respond to me. :-B

I don't chat much, just call out the enemy cause I've got the "can't talk and play game" syndrome.

pyrenus2
04-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I have the ps3 bluetooth headset and keep it muted most of the time.

It is really sensitive. It will pick up just about everything; tv noise, loud breathing, chewing gum. I have to sit pretty quietly to keep from unwittingly transmitting.

Is there any way to adjust its sensitivity?

theczech99
04-07-2010, 12:35 PM

It is really sensitive. It will pick up just about everything; tv noise, loud breathing, chewing gum. I have to sit pretty quietly to keep from unwittingly transmitting.

You can turn down the mic volume in your audio input settings. :cheers:

dinsdale1978
04-07-2010, 02:23 PM

You can turn down the mic volume in your audio input settings. :cheers:

What! I can't hear you? The echo of my voice in your post is causing some wicked feedback. @-) :))

Spike Forehand
04-09-2010, 11:51 AM

I use this one too. Glad to hear there is an audio input level adjustment. I will play wtih that.

If you guys find mine too loud or feedbacky or anything, please let me know.

I play the game in my home theater, which I built to be pretty sound insulated. Also, luckily for me, the home theater is in my basement and the bedrooms are two stories up, so even at pretty high volume it doesn't bother the rest of the family. As a result, I blast that sucker when playing these games. Love to feel the rumble of my sub-woofer and hear the bullets whizzing past in surround sound - wicked.

However, I know the guys I play Rock Band with lived with feedback from me for a while and I didn't even realize it was doing that to them until they finally mentioned it to me.

I got a thick skin - so please let me know if you find anything wrong with my mic, or even if my verbal diarrhea when we play is distracting or annoying.

Would rather have you guys say something then have you have to suffer and me not know it.

SlapLaB
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
If you guys find mine too loud or feedbacky or anything, please let me know.

No, yours was perfect yesterday...

sam007
04-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I got a thick skin - so please let me know if you find anything wrong with my mic, or even if my verbal diarrhea when we play is distracting or annoying.

"Ammo, I NEED ammo!"

hahaha

Spike Forehand
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM

"Ammo, I NEED ammo!"

hahaha

Just get killed more - it works for me. B-)

callmegoose
04-19-2010, 06:51 AM
I just bought a bluetooth earpiece. I can't wait to try it out.

TrojanTeacher
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Sounds cool, but Im not a fan of headphones really. And I do enjoy the surround sound comin from my 3500.00 dollar Bose home theatre. :p

Ditto!