PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon PS3 War Stories

Psalm
03-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier is coming to the PS3,Xbox360 and the Wii this fall
may be a good game for the clan...it will have Multi-player
http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/?utm_source=DM%2BUS&utm_medium=Youtube%2BMasthead&utm_content=gr_site&utm_campaign=GRFS%2B%2B%20Youtube

Borlaxx
03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
I dunno.......that cinematic trailer looked kinda cheesy, and futuristic FPS games normally aren't my thing, but it says they will have a multiplayer beta so I will at least try that to see some real game footage.

Lumchan
03-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Looks pretty cool, but of course we can't judge it based on that. ;) Can't wait to see some of the game play. Thanks for sharing. :)

killerjaxx
03-29-2010, 08:30 PM
thought this might be of interest to some of you?
[yt:3adeof4a]CfpCkO1w9-k[/yt:3adeof4a]
i pulled this off the official ghostrecon website:

There have been quite a few discussions about the optical camo feature at the end of our announcement video, so we thought we’d take a moment to talk about it. Despite popular belief, we didn’t design this after a certain bespectacled wand-wielding boy’s accoutrement. ;) We are, and remain, loyal to the Ghost Recon brand value of authenticity. In general Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is based on the very real Future Soldier Initiative 2030, which is a U.S. Army R&D program run by the US Army Natick Soldier Research Development and Engineering Center. Optical camo, like other technologies in Future Solider, is a near-future reality, and this is why we chose to include it in GRFS. For more information on the real-life Future Solider Initiative, check out their website. (http://nsrdec.natick.army.mil/FSI/)
let me know wot u think, im quite lookin forward to a beta, altho info on ghostrecon.com says it will only be available to xbox users with a copy of tom clanceys splinter cell conviction im pretty sure they will make it available to other platforms. no specific date just says summer '10

Borlaxx
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
This game has been delayed until next year. Apparently they delayed it because of all the other FPS games coming out at the end of this year: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6262930.ht ... Btitle%3B1 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6262930.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1)

Jackie R
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
This game has been delayed until next year. Apparently they delayed it because of all the other FPS games coming out at the end of this year: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6262930.ht ... Btitle%3B1 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6262930.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1)
I guess EA are the only ones brave enough to challenge Activision this fall. Should be a great fight! http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/boks.gif

Retro
05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Too bad about the delay, Tom Clancy titles are the best. No getting frustrated that you put half a clip into a guy only to have him still run straight for you and knife you with a 6 foot reach! Double tap = dead!

Retro
03-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Time to revive this thread.

[yt:1045nmoi]ELDbcsPetFo&feature=g-all-u&context=G20eb614FAAAAAAAAJAA[/yt:1045nmoi]

[yt:1045nmoi]5Kk3oyUeDZk&feature=relmfu[/yt:1045nmoi]

[yt:1045nmoi]TrqEIw3vfSo&list=UUHVaYvGIbr4blE5uSFfGs5w&index=10&feature=plpp_video[/yt:1045nmoi]

[yt:1045nmoi]o2FYRbMsTP4&list=UUHVaYvGIbr4blE5uSFfGs5w&index=3&feature=plpp_video[/yt:1045nmoi]

[yt:1045nmoi]PfmM4sWGO9Y&feature=endscreen&NR=1&list=UUHVaYvGIbr4blE5uSFfGs5w[/yt:1045nmoi]

Jackie R
03-30-2012, 06:49 AM
I think I'll give the muliplayer beta a go next month :-?

LandShark
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
will be intereting to see how much destruction is in it.

this game is suppose to hit the street on 5/22

xMisFitToyx
04-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Looks like a mixture of 3PS and FPS, based on the video.

I'll give the beta a look.

LandShark
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Today Ubisoft announced the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will run from April 19th until May 2nd for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

In the multiplayer beta, up to twelve simultaneous players will have the opportunity to choose from three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and experience the intense adversarial online action in two different modes:

Conflict
• Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
• Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes

Saboteur (available starting April 26th)
• Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
• Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes

Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Pipeline and Mill).

The beta can be accessed in the following ways:
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Owners
o Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game
• Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and receive a Xbox 360 beta key
• Uplay members with a linked account will also receive Ghost Recon Future Soldier beta keys directly from Ubisoft.
• Also, look out for additional key giveaways online

Additionally, Ubisoft announced Ghost Recon Network, a free companion service that will support all Ghost Recon titles moving forward. Accessible from smartphones, tablets, and web browsers, Ghost Recon Network will allow players to interact with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games anywhere at any time. The Ghost Recon Network site (www.ghostrecon.com/network (http://www.ghostrecon.com/network)) and v1.0 iOS & Android apps will launch with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 25. Players in the multiplayer beta will have the opportunity to try specific features of the Ghost Recon Network website and get their hands on the Android mobile app – both of which are in beta stage.

Ghost Recon Network Key Features:

Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
• Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles
• Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community

Track player history and friends’ in-game status
• Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards
• Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets

Receive exclusive rewards
• Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
• Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences

Become a better player
• Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle
• Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to release for the Xbox 360® and the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on May 25, 2012 in the UK. It will be available on PC on June 15, 2012.

Please visit www.ghostrecon.com (http://www.ghostrecon.com) for more information on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Pre-order the Signature Edition now at Game: http://www.game.co.uk

About Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
In Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™, join an elite team of highly trained, cut-throat special-ops soldiers. Armed to the teeth with unrivalled combat technology and cutting-edge military hardware, Ghost Recon takes you to the globe’s most deadly warzones to hunt down the highest value targets.

LandShark
04-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Played the BEta a little yesterday. I havent figured out the game yet or the control settings, but the game is going to be good. Its like a slowed down COD game with squad spawn.

dinsdale1978
04-20-2012, 08:36 AM
With a squad of friend, this game could shine. As a lone wolf relying on randoms, it's worse than COD. I really wanted to try and Kinect features but so far all I did was frag my teammates and headshot some snipers.

LandShark
04-20-2012, 12:59 PM
With a squad of friend, this game could shine. As a lone wolf relying on randoms, it's worse than COD. I really wanted to try and Kinect features but so far all I did was frag my teammates and headshot some snipers.
I agree, Retro and I played together last night. I unlocked the UAV and spent most of a couple games just spotting. It was a big help and if we had more in the party on the team them wham bam thank ya maam. Retro said last night that it would be a game that would fit underdog and blitz really well with how they work in a team.

Jackie R
04-20-2012, 05:01 PM
With a squad of friend, this game could shine. As a lone wolf relying on randoms, it's worse than COD.
+1
I gave it a try on PSN and man, if you don't play as a team, you are screwed. I also found the maps to have quite a few choke points where it was just too easy to get mowed down.

Anyone else get this on PSN?

roadrnr
04-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I wish I could have played this last night. It got stuck in the loading screen for so long, I fell asleep. I'm gonna try again tonight and see if I can play some actual games

ProfUnderDog
04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Retro said last night that it would be a game that would fit underdog and blitz really well with how they work in a team.

I am sooo looking forward to the game and playing with my MP buds! I'm also really curious to see how the kinect integration works. Have any of you been using the kinect with the beta?

TonkaToys
04-21-2012, 12:02 PM
With a squad of friend, this game could shine. As a lone wolf relying on randoms, it's worse than COD.
+1
I gave it a try on PSN and man, if you don't play as a team, you are screwed. I also found the maps to have quite a few choke points where it was just too easy to get mowed down.

Yes - haven't loaded it yet though.

Borlaxx
04-22-2012, 10:37 AM
not interested. I have too many games as is, the wife will divorce me if I keep buying games I don't need, and it seems trying to get together groups of MPs on the PS3 on anything but BF or COD is pointless. Don't need another game only a few will play.

dinsdale1978
04-22-2012, 12:16 PM
+1

I have this and want a few others to see how well working as a team plays out. Shoot me an invite when you are on Jackie.

Red Dog 13
04-23-2012, 08:03 AM
I have just downloaded the BETA, bit confused with the controls at the moment, the mechanics remind me of GOW will take a bit of getting used too, but I think it could be a winner for the xbox crew! Most of us over here get on early of an evening and it could really reward the team work as you say! JK, Nuts, Jake, Cornbeef, Cronam, Geordie, and recently Optimus, me and then fill out the ranks with some of you guys from North America, quite a few of you join on us regularly now, Daylite, Freak, Beefshankz, PoorDaddy, Teach, we could have a blast!!!! Wouldn't be too difficult to fill the small team size of this game, would be great to get on with Landshark and Sniperella again and perhaps get Raider and the others back on.

It feels a little like a COD game, but with the Teamwork of the Battlefield games needed to succeed plus the objectives, I think it could be a good balance, like 'B' I wouldn't usually go for this kind of slightly scifi feel, but hey this is kinda believable, so I am in, hope a lot more of you will be also? :hug:

ustolemygmrtag
05-05-2012, 07:38 AM
I am watching this one closely.

Here is a vid of the Coop mode.

[yt:20xap61b]hAfFqPyyuno[/yt:20xap61b]

Jackie R
05-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I am watching this one closely.

Here is a vid of the Coop mode.
I am not really interested in the competitive online but this definitely looks like an interesting mode of play. ;)

Thanks for posting! :cheers:

Borlaxx
05-09-2012, 06:59 AM
This was previously the GRFS general discussion thread in the multi-console forum. Moved it here and changed it into the PS3 war stories thread.

Badgerute
05-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Does anyone have this for ps3? I want to get it, but if I'm the only one, doubt I will. Seems like a game where you have to have a squad working together, and that seems difficult with a bunch of randoms.