PDA

View Full Version : Opening a can of worms - here goes

Thecleric
03-31-2010, 06:00 AM
What gamemode do you like better, i will start and get flamed to bits :)

Conquest is way better than Rush

For starters you get the exact same things the other team gets it's all about skills not like in Rush mode where you have 2 choppers and a tank dominating, and if you try to move snipers will shoot the crap out of you.

As far as teamwork goes theres doesnt seem to be much in Rush unless you're playing with friends and can work as a team.
The opposite of Conquest when you don't even have to talk and you will find your self with some good teammates most of the time.

I prefer conquest as i honestly think you can work as a team better than you can on rush, and i have noticed a load of suicide runs in rush of late how the hell are u supposed to defend a mcom station when you have someone driving at you or flying a UAV full of C4 ready just to detonate when they reach the mcom station.

Thats my rant over, maybe some of you guys can try and convert me to play Rush more, or maybe its cause im not skilled enough or dont have the correct equipment unlocked yet

thecleric

Borlaxx
03-31-2010, 07:48 AM
I really prefer Rush. I just think out of any mode in any FPS game I have ever played Rush seems to most like an actual battle in a war. I like the challenge of being on the defense and having the odds stacked against you.

Onepoint
03-31-2010, 08:48 AM
I like both, depends on what mood I am in. It also varies to which map and what other team members are doing. Though I have to admit I end up cussing them all at some time or other.

Spike Forehand
03-31-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm a Rush guy, for a few different reasons.

First off, it's a mode that wasn't in MW2, so it's something new. I realize that MW2 had HQ and Demolition modes that are similar, but IMO it's still not the same as BC2 where the map areas open up and you have to fall back and rebuild a permieter, etc. It just feels more epic in BC2.

Also, I like the challenge of trying to match strategies to different maps and the different role of attacking vs. defending. I realize that a lot of that can also occur with Conquest, but IMO I think for whatever reason Rush rewards teamwork more and you see more teamwork at play.

Trying to remember the quote from "Back to School" about football being a ground acquisition game that is a metaphor for war. Perhaps being a big football fan (22 year Eagles season ticket holder) has something to do with my preference.

Agree about the C4 suicide runs - we are probably seeing that a little too much lately. However, clearly the way to counterthis is to lay mines and make sure you have good vehicle defense in place, including having Engineers carrying missiles and players willing to look up and shoot down UAV's. Preventing vehicles from rolling up on an MCOM's is required defensive strategy whether or not they are laden with C4.

fivereeds04
03-31-2010, 11:22 AM

Aw YES Tom Sawyer FTW!!! ^:)^ \m/

Borlaxx
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM

=))

SlapLaB
03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
I agree with spike and borlaxx, I think Rush is more fun and "realistic".

In Conquest you do not really have a "front" progressing, it is all a bit messy with people running in every direction (hopefully from flag to flag)...

I don't think I have seen those "suicide" tactics yet, but if they do become overused it may be annoying though...

soulja
03-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Conquest has always been my preferred mode. Rush is fun too, but to win you really need team work. It seems that most people mistakenly or purposely play this mode like itís a team death match. At least in Conquest mode you have a better chance at winning without the need of team work. There are more tactical options in Conquest mode. In the Rush mode, you either attack or defend, victories often depend on how well you work with the whole team...not just your squadron.

fivereeds04
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Okay so onto a more serious tone. I like Rush... Okay enough laughing...

Conquest to me is all about killing and getting your weapons upgraded, as a matter of fact it is what I played to get my classes upgraded enough to play Rush properly.

Conquest requires that you kill all of the other team, not that you necessarily need to capture the flags, which you can do if you want, but it is like in CS where folks finally said "screw the bomb deal" and kill the whole team before it gets to that.

Now that having been said I can sometimes see the same thing on Rush ("sometimes") but I think that the ratio of get to the bomb site folks is higher than just waste as many folks as possible. See Rush offers the kill em all and let God sort them out folks have fun (defense) and the lets get that objective (offense) folks have fun all around.

Conquest is more of a kill em all and let God sort them out fun fest... and there is nothing wrong with DAT!

DB4
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
I have been playing Rush a lot lately. It's starting to grow on me. I think what I like about Rush the most is the expansion of the maps and being able to play the "full version" of each map. I would have to say that the realism factor is a big plus as well.

However, I do love me some some Squad Deathmatch. You can't go wrong with the good old fashioned Team Deathmatch where it is all about getting the most kills. (this is where i get the vast majority of my dog tags).

And I do love me some Conquest too. Conquest keeps the action moving with a little less predictability than Rush.

So I am going to have to say that my favorites are Rush, Conquest, and Squad Deathmatch. Everything else sucks. :))

callmegoose
03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
I enjoy playing the rush mode the best, but I always play the Rush, conquest mode so it switches up after each round.

fivereeds04
03-31-2010, 01:43 PM
So I am going to have to say that my favorites are Rush, Conquest, and Squad Deathmatch. Everything else sucks. :))

Oh man it took me a second :-o ... Way to pull the trigger dude. :))

DB4
03-31-2010, 01:54 PM

Yeah, I know. I feel that I am a better player in Conquest and Squad Deathmatch. So its hard for me to say that Rush is my favorite. However, I do feel that Rush is the game mode that seperates BFBC2 from the competition in a positive way. I am just not as consistant when I play Rush. I really do like all of the game modes; I can't pick a favorite because I play different game modes depending on what mood I am in.

Trez
03-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Anybody care to break down the specific objectives in these modes? I try to keep up with the BFBC2 War Stories, but the majority of the time it's hard to follow. Anybody care to enlighten me and others interested? Thanks!

DB4
03-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Anybody care to break down the specific objectives in these modes? I try to keep up with the BFBC2 War Stories, but the majority of the time it's hard to follow. Anybody care to enlighten me and others interested? Thanks!

Squad Deathmatch is Team Deathmatch but its 4 squads vs. Eachother.\

Conquest is the same as Domination.

Rush is probably most similar to Demolition. The difference is that once both objectives (M-COM crates) are destroyed, the Map expands creating a whole new fighting area. the Maps are HUGE. In Rush any member of your team can plant a bomb to detonate the M-COM.

now back to the topic...

fivereeds04
03-31-2010, 02:03 PM

Yeah, I know. I feel that I am a better player in Conquest and Squad Deathmatch. So its hard for me to say that Rush is my favorite. However, I do feel that Rush is the game mode that separates BFBC2 from the competition in a positive way. I am just not as consistent when I play Rush. I really do like all of the game modes; I can't pick a favorite because I play different game modes depending on what mood I am in.

Oh am just pickin ;)

I understand, my boys love the Squad Deathmatch stuff, I really enjoy the Rush, especially with the new maps... Conquest was good for what I needed that's all. :cheers:

Trez
03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Ok, my vote's for Rush then! :D

fivereeds04
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM

I took this stuff from other sources:

Squad Deathmatch. Squads are something that permeates just about every multiplayer mode in Bad Company 2. The idea is simple: you and up to three friends form a mini-team of sorts within the larger group of players. There are two big advantages to forming a squad. First, you can hit the back button (select on PS3) when you see an enemy and his location will instantly pop up for the rest of your squad to see. The second strategic advantage allows you to select one of your three squad mates as a spawn point so you can instantly warp to their location. It's great fun to be in a firefight, struggling for survival, only to see a teammate spawn right next to you and clean things up at your side.

The mode, as I said, is called Squad Deathmatch and it plays as simply as it sounds. You and your squad have to be the first to get 50 kills (kill limits can be changed in the settings) by eradicating the opposition which consists of three other teams of four players (at its max). Aiding you -- or perhaps the other teams if they capitalize first -- is a vehicle specifically designed to eradicate soldiers on foot. It's the sole vehicle in this mode so capturing it is of the utmost importance. The maps that you'll find in Squad Deathmatch are specifically tailored to the mode, with certain areas designed to provide a strategic advantage to the vehicle while the opposite is true elsewhere. It's also cool that, depending on what multiplayer mode you select, you could get an entirely different portion of the map than you would in another game type. A map's total area can be up to 64 square kilometers and every piece will surely be used by one mode or another.

Conquest... Well think of capture the flag... Each team starts with 99 respawns (that's 99 for the whole team) and you have to capture and keep the most flags before the last respawn for both teams is used up. Maps are pretty big but...

Rush... Well title says it all. This is the grand poobah...

Rush, if you recall from Bad Company, is a mode that divides players into attacking and defending teams and has them fight over a series of crates. The attacking team is out to destroy these crates in order to push the defending team deeper into their own territory, whereas the defending team's job is to withstand the onslaught until the attacking team runs out of respawns. Like in the Conquest mode featured in the earlier games, momentum is a big factor in Rush.

In Conquest and Rush you can get involved with a squad if you want or go it solo, when in a squad and if you have a headset it opens up communications with all of those in your squad who have headsets as well.

Okay there you go please feel free to ask any question though I am sure that it should be done in other thread...

SORRY FOR THE HIJACK

Spike Forehand
03-31-2010, 02:37 PM

Ok - seriously dating myself now, but I saw Rush in 1979 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia with Blondie as the opening act. I think my hearing is still impacted.

There - I said it - I'm as old as dirt.

Ok - sorry - not really a war story. Although I gues it sort of is. :))

SlapLaB
03-31-2010, 02:54 PM
However, I do love me some some Squad Deathmatch.

Actually Squad DM can be fun and fairly "tactical" too...

I remember once I was in a team of 3 wookies and me (medic) on arica harbour... we camped on a hill on the far right with good line of sight and we absolutely ruled...
they were doing most of the kills long range, and I was getting rid of the occasional wanderer + reviving them if they fell...
until one squad came all in force and obliterated us... :))

Thecleric
04-01-2010, 02:21 AM
Thanks peeps

Excellent answers / feedback am going to come out of conquest for a little and start playing Rush see if i can get the feel for it, i will play a little conquest next couple of days for weopon upgrades then i think its Rush at the weekend and run around like a headless chicked hopefully with some MP teammates pushing me along :)

thecleric

TrojanTeacher
04-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I definitely prefer Rush mode over Conquest. The reason for me is that I always reach the flag in Conquest and instantly get sniped by someone camping the flag. It's frustrating. I do agree with the though that people are C4 spamming the M-COMM. That's annoying. Such a lame thing to do. I would play Conquest more if I had a clan with me...now that I joined MP, then I guess I will have one.

SlapLaB
04-02-2010, 05:42 AM
I definitely prefer Rush mode over Conquest. The reason for me is that I always reach the flag in Conquest and instantly get sniped by someone camping the flag. It's frustrating. I do agree with the though that people are C4 spamming the M-COMM. That's annoying. Such a lame thing to do. I would play Conquest more if I had a clan with me...now that I joined MP, then I guess I will have one.

pyrenus2
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Rush consistently gets me more points than conquest. I guess its because the people are more concentrated around the MComms making the maps seem smaller.

sam007
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Rush consistently gets me more points than conquest. I guess its because the people are more concentrated around the MComms making the maps seem smaller.

Another reason is "everyone" is trying to achieve the same objective, attack and defend.

If everyone uses their classes attributes, it helps everyone achieve that goal.

Here's a few examples.

Assault, priority, spear head the attack, secondary, drop ammo for engineer and recon. why drop ammo? engineers don't have that much ammo, recon has 2 motion mines.

One might ask, how does giving ammo to recon help? well if they use recon besides sniping, but spotting, which my understanding of what a real sniper does is more intel gathering than shooting, motion mines are a great way to aid in the attack with the squad. Can't see those pesky defenders hiding in the brush, toss a motion mine and see them light up on the map! If the squad is moving in "that" direction towards the objective, help them out. You'll get squad points for that. When the attackers are about to get the objective ARMED, put a MORTAR strike on the objective and you'll get easy kills when they run to DISARM.

Now if the advance is a long way, those two motion mines run out pretty fast! AMMO! Who ever is playing assault needs to be aware of where RECON is at to help out, that is if RECON is moving with the squad and not in the spawn area hiding being fearful of getting shot cause their KDR is more important than the helping the team achieve the objective.

Reverse role (defending) for RECON, through motion mines in areas or on the objective to warn the team the enemy are in the area. Two motion mines when used in that method runs out equally fast, will need more AMMO. Where's an assault player with their head on right when you need one?

(rant over, for now) hahaha

SlapLaB
04-07-2010, 02:24 AM
I couldn't agree more...

When I'm playing assault the first thing I do when I spawn is drop some ammo. If I see a recon, especially sitting in an advanced position, I spawn on him and drop some ammo. Will help him and the team, and get you 100+ easy points :devil:

As for motion mines, I think one of the best ways to use them is to throw one when your teammates are going to disarm the objective.
Gives an idea how many enemies are lurking around and in which corner... Good for the split-second decision when storming the building B-)

Spike Forehand
04-12-2010, 07:45 AM

Another reason is "everyone" is trying to achieve the same objective, attack and defend.

If everyone uses their classes attributes, it helps everyone achieve that goal.

Here's a few examples.

Assault, priority, spear head the attack, secondary, drop ammo for engineer and recon. why drop ammo? engineers don't have that much ammo, recon has 2 motion mines.

One might ask, how does giving ammo to recon help? well if they use recon besides sniping, but spotting, which my understanding of what a real sniper does is more intel gathering than shooting, motion mines are a great way to aid in the attack with the squad. Can't see those pesky defenders hiding in the brush, toss a motion mine and see them light up on the map! If the squad is moving in "that" direction towards the objective, help them out. You'll get squad points for that. When the attackers are about to get the objective ARMED, put a MORTAR strike on the objective and you'll get easy kills when they run to DISARM.

Now if the advance is a long way, those two motion mines run out pretty fast! AMMO! Who ever is playing assault needs to be aware of where RECON is at to help out, that is if RECON is moving with the squad and not in the spawn area hiding being fearful of getting shot cause their KDR is more important than the helping the team achieve the objective.

Reverse role (defending) for RECON, through motion mines in areas or on the objective to warn the team the enemy are in the area. Two motion mines when used in that method runs out equally fast, will need more AMMO. Where's an assault player with their head on right when you need one?

(rant over, for now) hahaha

this is a great post for the "Squad Tactics" thread. I will requote it there.

Beans - as the highest rated MP BFBC2 player, I really appreciate all the great insight you provide in the forums - please keep it up!!