PDA

View Full Version : FO (squad member)

sam007
04-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Just an idea but it would be neat to try when on that snow covered map on RUSH, for one of the squad members be a FO (forward observer) while another member uses the tank as arty. The FO will rely info about the shells being long or short of the objective as covering firing when its armed or just simply destroy the target.

I was messing around the other night with that idea but have no clue where the shells are landing. We could try it as private match, which we got close to doing one time.

opinions?

SlapLaB
04-05-2010, 06:13 AM
yeah I was toying with that idea this morning but on arica harbour (the sandy one)...

noone in my team had a mic so I managed to get a few shells on target but that was it...

why do you have port valdez specifically in mind?

Spike Forehand
04-05-2010, 07:48 AM
I was trying to do that last night with Vikja when we were defending the third set of MCOM's on Laguna Presa - the one with the bridge that you blow up. I was using the mounted TOW missle, and trying to shoot them out over the buildings then swing the orange box down to get them to "sink" down into the river (like a sinker ball) or "curve" them right into the cliffs. Vikja was on the path near the right side of the map looking across at the bridge/river. He was able to tell me when I was short with the shots, but could not tell me when I was long. Didn't get any kills and finally got bored of trying.

I have seen a video of a guy shoot the mounted tow from the first set of MCOM's at Port Valdez over the hills and then sink it down onto the spawn point and get a kill.

Psalm
04-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I have seen a video of a guy shoot the mounted tow from the first set of MCOM's at Port Valdez over the hills and then sink it down onto the spawn point and get a kill.
I have thought of that. But, I couldn't get a high enough angle.

Also, the second set of MCOM's on Arica Harbor there is a mounted machine gun and tow missle on top of the construction site at the bottom of the map....great place to get about 5 or so Heavy MG kills and spot people.
I once got 8 Heavy MG kills in a row from that spot... thats 300 points in pins alone

Onepoint
04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
We have done it both in Arica harbor and Port Valdez, but just using the machine gunners zoom and comms to adjust fire. One hardcore round on Arica harbor the other team had 4 snipers on the left side and were calling in mortars non stop, we had at least 2 snipers trying to keep them down, but no one would go up there or if they did they would get shredded eventually and then the snipers would spawn back on someone up there and start all over. It was tough to even get up the road. So we sat back in a tank with both machine guns and the main gun going and made it pretty miserable for the snipers to stick their heads up in the rocks until enough people and the other tank could get by and the defense fell apart.

sam007
04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
yeah I was toying with that idea this morning but on arica harbour (the sandy one)...

noone in my team had a mic so I managed to get a few shells on target but that was it...

why do you have port valdez specifically in mind?

If they have the objectives well defended, they can't really do much about incoming shells, besides go after the source, which would be the top of the hill, but the armour will be in the spawn point and would see them, the gunner can take them out with the MG.

as long as the armour can be out of site and well back of the action, any map will do.

but its seriously something to be worked on in a private match, but seems to be very difficult to get people together even then theres more than 8 playing at one time.