PDA

View Full Version : Any Xbox players interested in a weekly private match?

MrBlitzer72
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey guys!

So I was considering all of us picking one night a week, or whenever is convenient for all of us, and setting up a private match for a few hours to scrim each other, and also to practice. I think it would be alot of fun! We need 7 players plus myself (the host) to start one up. Squad TDM could be alot of fun, or just running rush or conquest maps. Im not sure if you can unlock anything or gain achievements this way, thats why one night a week would be great to get together and come up with strategy's. Let me know who's in, and the best times to do this. I'll keep track on my end and post something later this week if the response is good.

I've also noticed alot of MP members in game. If you guys want, i'll start up a xbox live party chat for us so we can all work as a team. :cheers:

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

RATA MUERTA
04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
This sounds like fun, I know that you can't level up in MW2 private matches and I assume the same is true for BC2. I think Thursdays would work good for me, but I am usually on most nights. I know it will be hard to commit for most people seeing as we are all parents, we know how fickle our schedules can be. @-)
I know we have talked about a 360 community playdate, but I am sure that not everyone would be able to make it. Perhaps a weekday and weekend playdate might better suit most people.

* Yes I agree with the chat idea, I have tried to send party invites to the ones I see in game, sometimes people don't take them. I think that we just need to spread the word, perhaps some didn't realize you can start a party and everyone can talk even if they aren't in your squad.

heretictear
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm in. Definitely need some practice flying the choppers.

MrBlitzer72
04-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Yea, i was thinking Thurs or Sun evenings...and yes it is tough with us all being parents. Wouldnt hurt to try it though. I'll see what kind of responses come in and we can all decide what works! Good Deal! :-bd \m/

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

TrOjAn HeX
04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Iam down for that. Anytime after 7pm pacific is good for me. I need to learn how to operate the helis better also :P First time I tried I killed myself and my passengers >.>

RATA MUERTA
04-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Iam down for that. Anytime after 7pm pacific is good for me. I need to learn how to operate the helis better also :P First time I tried I killed myself and my passengers >.>
=)) Yes I need to do the same. I tried it out once in game and killed some poor guy on my team who had gotten in with me when I bailed!

unich
04-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Count me in, Thursday's fine. I'm usually on around 8:30-9:00(EST)

Sampsta
04-07-2010, 09:12 AM
i would be interested in a private match for sure. if this is solid for thurs i wil be on around 8:30ish.

Yes you can "boost" up in MW2, you create an online 3rd player match wtih a buddy and both of you take turns killing each other leveling up.

Havent tried it on BC2 yet but just confirm when and what time ill be on..

RATA MUERTA
04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
i would be interested in a private match for sure. if this is solid for thurs i wil be on around 8:30ish.

Yes you can "boost" up in MW2, you create an online 3rd player match wtih a buddy and both of you take turns killing each other leveling up.

Havent tried it on BC2 yet but just confirm when and what time ill be on..
Just so it is clear, "boosting" of any sort is not condoned by the MPs and will get you thrown out. Not that I think you are suggesting it Sampsta, just so others don't think that is what we mean by a private match.

bigdaddyj2468
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM
sounds good. i cant fly choppers either. would be good practice time

MrBlitzer72
04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey guys, if there are as many as were on last night, tonight, i may do a test run and just start inviting people into a private match to see how it runs and sets up. So dont be alarmed if you get invites from me. I assume that we can populate up to 24 ppl in the server, so ill just invite everyone i see, and we can see how it works. Anyone who reads this who has not requested me as a friend yet, please do. Lets see what happens. I know at one point last night, there was a ton of us online, so this should be kick ass. I'll be on from about 6pm on. Lata!

~MrBlitzer

PS-Tonight will only be a test, if it works ok, then we can set up a definate date and time.

roadrnr
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I'd be interested in doing that too. I'm usually on late, like after 10pm CST. I know I can't play next week, I'm out of town on business, but after that, I'm game for sure

kaiserzoze
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm in too. Given my performance on Tuesday night I could use the practice. 8-|

Sampsta
04-08-2010, 05:55 AM
That sounds good. i was on with you and a bunch of others and we did real good. my k/d went up finally !!!

MrBlitzer72
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Lets shoot for next Thursday for our first private match. Tonight we should try the party chat to see how that works for us. So i'll be sending out the invites as i see you guys populate the servers. Can you imagine what 10-12 of us could accomplish? Personally, when we all got on one side last night, we dominated rather well! See you guys later!

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

TrOjAn HeX
04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Sounds good bud.

Toxic Avenger72
04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
sounds good. see you tonight.

RATA MUERTA
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Count me in for tonight, will be on by 9 est, if not earlier!!

MrBlitzer72
04-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Sweet Rata, see ya there! :applause:

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

TrojanTeacher
04-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I gotta say, it was pretty intimidating seeing 10 MP on one side and Psycho and I on the other. LOL!! We did our best...but lost a lot. For those of you that I knifed, thanks for the achievement! :hug:

MrBlitzer72
04-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey guys, i wanted to set up our first private match for Thurs 3/15. I would like to use the maps with the most choppers and tanks so everyone can get some practice flying and so forth. If you have any specific maps you would like to try, let me know and i'll put it in the rotation.

I thought that we could practice for a few rounds with each other and then finish it off with a MP Scrim at the end of the night. If someone else can set up the xbox live chat, i'll be the host for the match. That would work great!

I think to make the most of this, we should have a itinerary of things to go over and share tips and tricks with one another. My goal for this, if we can make it work, is to play some more online, and do a few private scrims and practices. And if all goes well, i would be willing to go on to battlefield bc2's site, and find another clan to play against. Maybe once or twice a month. I think that would be alot of fun! Imagine it...a bunch of parents against a bunch of 15 year olds! How epic is that! :spank:

I will be available to help with chopper piloting if need be, and if any of you feel you have certain strengths and want to help, please feel free to speak up. Choppers seem to be a problem that most of you have spoken about, so i figured i would try to help.

So what do you guys think? Just need to iron out a time, and set it up! :drink:

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

Toxic Avenger72
04-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I would be up for a game next Thursday. Anytime after about 9 pm CST works for me.

I would like to be able to pilot a helicopter. Tried once. FAIL. L-) :-q

RATA MUERTA
04-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I would be up for a game next Thursday. Anytime after about 9 pm CST works for me.

I would like to be able to pilot a helicopter. Tried once. FAIL. L-) :-q

=)) I think last night there were about 4 of us hovering around the Heli, like OK who is going to drive??? :)) Not me unless you all want to die :devil: Some flying practice is definitely in order!!

Hey guys, i wanted to set up our first private match for Thurs 3/15. I would like to use the maps with the most choppers and tanks so everyone can get some practice flying and so forth. If you have any specific maps you would like to try, let me know and i'll put it in the rotation.

Blitz I am sure you meant 4/15....... =)) you had me checking the calender #-o

MrBlitzer72
04-09-2010, 01:04 PM
LOL, err...4/15 i meant... L-)

MaddHippy
04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I'll try to join in, but I don't get home until 9ish on Thursdays...

How do you join a private match btw?

Sckrapps
04-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Never know what is going to happen with an infant in the house :(( , but I'll do my best to join up tonight too. Would be great to get some familiarity with some maps too. I'm tired of getting dropped on Laguna Presa all the time.

TrOjAn HeX
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
I am going to try to drive the bloody heli without mass suicide :P

Bongtoker A2
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I will be there sometime. See ya on the Battlefield!

TrojanTeacher
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I'll see if I can make it as well.

unich
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm in 4 sure, do you have to invite or is there a way to join? I'll be on by 9:15 at the latest. This would be really cool cause I also need to figure out the heli too and explore maps more. I just unlocked the defribulator for medic so i'll be using that more often.

MrBlitzer72
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey guys, if there are enough of us on tonight...which there has been lately at night time, i will start inviting you guys to a private match, and we will see how it goes. Now obviously there will be two teams with at least 4 on each team (hopefully more). I would suggest that even though we are on different teams, that we take the time to allow each of us to fly choppers around and so forth. Then later on we can scrim against each other. What do you guys think? Give me some suggestions if you have any.

~MrBlitzer72

Toxic Avenger72
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
I'll see if I can make it too.

TrOjAn HeX
04-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Sounds good to me.

MrBlitzer72
04-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Sounds good, if you plan to attend, can you please post on here...? Thanks guys! I'll be on around 8pm est and wait for you guys to show up...

~MrBlitzer72

RATA MUERTA
04-15-2010, 05:30 PM
HI there guys, I will be on tonight, not sure what time (hopefully by 9est) but I want to try out the private match, I have to learn to pilot the helis!!

MrBlitzer72
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Good games last night all! Thanks for tryin this out with me! The only thing i cant figure out is how to keep the teams balanced. Seems like a really cheap way to work private matches. Let me know what you thought and maybe we can do it again soon..

~MrBlitzer72

heretictear
04-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Good games last night all! Thanks for tryin this out with me! The only thing i cant figure out is how to keep the teams balanced. Seems like a really cheap way to work private matches. Let me know what you thought and maybe we can do it again soon..

~MrBlitzer72

I thought it was great. Got a little trigger happy my first round in and shot down a helicopter that I hope wasn't being used for practicing purposes. If it was, sorry :D . As for the balancing, I could of sworn a few games in, the teams looked equal on the private match screen but went bonkers once the game began. 4 on 7 ?!? WTF? Anyways, good times and thanks for the invite.

Gary

unich
04-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Wow did I suck last night, i'm not great to begin with but I played like total crap last night. Private match was fun... once we got into reg. rush I was absoulutley horrible...PATHETIC :cuss: Hope to do it again sometime, played some tdm this morning and blew today as well ARRRGGHHH!! X(

Sckrapps
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Sorry I missed out. I had a buddy over last night and I wanted to show him how awesome BF2 was, so we were just messing around looking at some different things. I think he may be a convert ;)

If we have another training session soon I'll do my best to join in (especially since I need the help).

Toxic Avenger72
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Got a little trigger happy my first round in and shot down a helicopter that I hope wasn't being used for practicing purposes. If it was, sorry :D .

Gary

That was probably me. Not a problem. I'm a total noob at flying the heli L-) . If I'm going to learn to fly the heli, I might as well learn while getting shot at.

I wish I could have stuck around longer but had to get the kids to i-). Thanks for all the invites.

Sampsta
04-16-2010, 03:15 PM
The private match was good, the balancing was off. If there is a way we can even the sides out as much that would be better before we start. working on that K/D is important to me as well as having fun.

Looking forward to the next pri one.. im also happy to see you still earn points even if you are in a pri match.

ustolemygmrtag
04-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Sorry for cutting out on you guys last night. Meg wanted to play, and all she does is Jungle Yeti. I wasnt able to get back on.

This Third shift has really got me worn out. And my play has suffered greatly, lost 20 points on the Rank. Hope to be there tonight, if we have enough people.

btm68
04-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Fun match last night. I got left on the first private match but since we were in party mode it took me a few (20+ minutes) to figure out I wasn't playing the same game. Wow, where is everyone??? Is this going to be a weekly thing? I'm in if it is.

btm68

MrBlitzer72
04-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey guys! (and gal), I would like to try another private match this week on Thurs 4/22. I was thinking of running Rush mode scrimmages against each other. I would also like to use this opportunity to try to level the playing fields by evening out the teams a little better. I think what was happening was that we were trying to join up with each other to put us in squads automatically. So this time, before i start the match, i will make even teams, and then you can squad up with each other after the game starts. The key is to NOT squad up with members on the other side. Hopefully that will work. I will be on the same time, around 9pm est time, and we will set another one up! Let me know if this works for everyone! :cheers:

~MrBlitzer72

ustolemygmrtag
04-19-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm in, If my wife isn't playing that night.

bigdaddyj2468
04-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Sounds good I hope i can make it.

Toxic Avenger72
04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
You can count me in.

Sckrapps
04-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Good plan - I'll make it if I can.

RATA MUERTA
04-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I will be there!! :cheers:

Sampsta
04-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Ill be there also...looking forward to the invite !

MaddHippy
04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll there, but probably a little late (9ish CST)...

Empire Bones
04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Of Course I'm working late that night, so nope sorry won't be there. :(

heretictear
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm in.

roadrnr
04-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey guys! (and gal), I would like to try another private match this week on Thurs 4/22. I was thinking of running Rush mode scrimmages against each other. I would also like to use this opportunity to try to level the playing fields by evening out the teams a little better. I think what was happening was that we were trying to join up with each other to put us in squads automatically. So this time, before i start the match, i will make even teams, and then you can squad up with each other after the game starts. The key is to NOT squad up with members on the other side. Hopefully that will work. I will be on the same time, around 9pm est time, and we will set another one up! Let me know if this works for everyone! :cheers:

~MrBlitzer72

Hopefully I will be on that night too. If I am, I'm in

Sckrapps
05-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I noticed this thread had fallen quite a bit and I wanted to bump it back up in the hopes we can get this going again on what seemed to be a pattern of Thursday nights. There's been some talk of squadding up and trying to play more tactically, and having a "squad night" wouldn't be a bad idea to try out some of the ideas that Daylite, Charge, Blitzer, and Teach were talking about.

Not that it has to be Thurs nights (I know I can't face such levels of committment) but it never hurts to plan ahead a little...

Retro
05-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm in for anything, especially since I now have a working mic! Woohoo!

0313Gunner
05-22-2010, 01:25 AM
I'll try for Thursdays when I can.

CHARGE TO 300J
05-22-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm game. Almost any night around 9est for me works. How many do we need for a private match 8? Like a squad death match right? Squad rush would prob be better eh?

0313Gunner
05-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm down for anything. I still haven't tried any squad games yet. I haven't wanted to get stuck in a random group and have no communication.

Sckrapps
05-22-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm game. Almost any night around 9est for me works. How many do we need for a private match 8? Like a squad death match right? Squad rush would prob be better eh?

Yeah, I think it is eight for a private match. Might be tough to get that many people on but its worth a shot.

Squad death match vs. squad rush would depend on what we want to accomplish. If its squad death match with 8 MPs there are still two other squads out there, so not as good if we wanted to practice/scrimmage. Squad rush might be better if we wanted to pull our punches and really work on some mechanics.

MrBlitzer72
05-23-2010, 11:25 PM
So after the discouraging games last night with 300J and others, i think i have some pretty good tactics to pass on that I have seen other teams doing. So let set up something this week...either Wed, Thurs, or Fri. Any of those nights work for me. I was thinking Thurs would be a good night. Who's in?

~Blitz

Retro
05-23-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm good after 10pm est for Thursday.

TheFreak75
05-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Me Too!!!! Any day is good for me, as long as it is after 10pm. I need to get back on the horse again, I did not play last week.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean8/360/TheFreak75.png (http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/TheFreak75)

CELockwood
05-24-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm in as well. Looks like were coalescing around Thursday evening?

DayliteMag
05-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I can do Thursday night at 10PM (I think I'm EDT - whatever NY is).

MrBlitzer72
05-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Including myself, that makes five...we need three more! What i would like to do is a quick sesson on arming MCOMM stations and the best way to go about it. I think i have some pretty good ideas on how to make that successful. And any input you guys have is welcome of course. We can start a xbox live party chat, and while we will be on separate teams, we can all converge at one location and talk it through! The first map id like to tackle is the Aticama Desert one (i think thats the name) Its the one where the attackers spawn with a bunch of tanks out in the desert. And the one where "wookie mountain" is. That is a large map with a bunch of different MCOMM set-ups.

We need 3 more MP's!!!

~Blitz

CHARGE TO 300J
05-24-2010, 10:21 AM
So far my crystal ball says Thursday is good for me, Thats's 6

bigdaddyj2468
05-24-2010, 11:59 AM
i'm in

Bongtoker A2
05-24-2010, 01:43 PM
I will be there.

0313Gunner
05-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I should be able to be there too. Hopefully I won't be the 5th wheel.

TrojanTeacher
05-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I can make it. I was able to strike a deal with the wife!!! I'll be there. Now, if I can only find what time...

I've seen some saying 10 pm EST. I can't do that, how about 7 pm PST? :-" :-" :-" ;)

ProfUnderDog
05-24-2010, 03:18 PM
I should be there also!

Sckrapps
05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Bummer for me. My mother-in-law is coming into town tomorrow and I think I'll be offline through the weekend. Sigh. I'll try to catch the next scrimmage, but Thursdays are about as good as any.

MrBlitzer72
05-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice guys! We should have enough! Bring all your ideas about ingenious ways to arm Mcomms and blow them up without having them disarmed. Especially anything youve seen work amongst other squads!

~Blitz

MaddHippy
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Can't make it. Got a wedding.... :-w

MrBlitzer72
05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
A Wedding on a Thurs? Now thats a new one. Or is it the rehearsal?

~Blitz

unich
05-26-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm in any day 9:00 EST and after

unich
05-26-2010, 07:16 AM
It will be nice to actually have some REAL squads (1 assault 1 engineer 2 medics or 1 recon 1 medic depending on the map)

LzzrdBoy
05-26-2010, 01:05 PM
I know I'm still very new here but if you guys end up needing an alternate, feel free to put me down. I've sent ALL XBOX Live active members a FR so you should see LzzrdBoy some where on your dashboard. I'm a long time COD gamer so I'm still trying to work things out in BC2 but given the chance I'd love the practice. Anyway just let me know!

L8R!

TheFreak75
05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Welcome LzzrdBoy1!!! I will be glad to send you the invite when we play tomorrow night.

LzzrdBoy
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Welcome LzzrdBoy1!!! I will be glad to send you the invite when we play tomorrow night.
Thanks Freak!

unich
05-27-2010, 06:38 AM
LzzrdBoy, when I get back home this weekend if I see ya on i'll send ya a invite. Good to see more new MP's joining the madness!!!

TheFreak75
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
So we are on for tonight, after 10:00 pm????

TrojanTeacher
05-27-2010, 09:37 AM
I can't make 10 pm EST, but I can definitely make 9 pm CST or even more likely 7 pm PST. :-"

LzzrdBoy
05-27-2010, 09:50 AM
I managed to get a little BC2 gaming going with BigDaddyj2468 and TheFreak last night. Good times even if it was only a few games. The Wifey was writing a book or something so I ended up playing editor for the remainder of the evening. But... good times, thanks guys!

I'll be on tonight if a spot opens up so feel free to hit me up.

MrBlitzer72
05-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Tonight is a go! I will be on around 9pm est time waiting until we have enough to start a private match. We will have a xbox live party going so we can all communicate and go over some MCOMM defend/attack tactics. After the "tactical meeting" is over, we will split up and scrim against each other. The most important thing, is to keep the teams balanced. When I initially set up the private match and invite you guys in, it will automatically even up the teams. Each individual should then join the xbox live party, which i will have going. DO NOT join the game in progress or it will unbalance the server. The map we will run first will be Arica Harbor since there are alot of different scenarios on the attack and defend MCOMMs. Please bring all of your tactics that youve seen in other players, or ones you have come up with your self. There will be alot of us in the xbox live party, so lets give everyone a chance to talk. If any of you who plan to participate does not have me as a friend, please add "MrBlitzer72". Looking forward to it, should be lots of fun. And maybe we can take Trojan Teachers advice and try to form a pyramid so I can take a group shot! See you guys later tonight! :cheers:

~Blitz

Retro
05-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Hoping to be on by 10pm.

CELockwood
05-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Sounds good. I'll be there at 9.

TheFreak75
05-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Can't wait for tonight, hope to be online around 10:00 pm!!!!

MrBlitzer72
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Just a FYI, I will start inviting only after i see at least 8 of us online. Until then, i'll be playing Rush. Should be fun tonight! Good times!

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Just a FYI, I will start inviting only after i see at least 8 of us online. Until then, i'll be playing Rush.

Bad idea. Don't play, you could get your fingers tired. I say just take a break. No need to rack up more points for me to catch up on. Just take a leisurely walk. Grab a cup of Joe and watch some paint dry. :-"

As for the pyramid: I want to be on top!! I've been practicing my dismount all day. :D

Just a question on the maps: When we do the walk through, should we just walk from the beginning of the attackers spawn and then start naming off things that we've used with success?

LzzrdBoy
05-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Even up the teams? LOL! I just made it to level 1 so that should be fairly easy if I get in. :p

TheFreak75
05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Wooohoooooo!!!!! LEVEL 1

YOU ROCK LZZRD!!!!!!

I'll be sure to celebrate everytime you move up.

LzzrdBoy
05-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Wooohoooooo!!!!! LEVEL 1

YOU ROCK LZZRD!!!!!!

I'll be sure to celebrate everytime you move up.

I'm gonna' hold you to that Freak! We were all virgins at one point in time or another right?

MrBlitzer72
05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Just a FYI, I will start inviting only after i see at least 8 of us online. Until then, i'll be playing Rush.

Bad idea. Don't play, you could get your fingers tired. I say just take a break. No need to rack up more points for me to catch up on. Just take a leisurely walk. Grab a cup of Joe and watch some paint dry. :-"

As for the pyramid: I want to be on top!! I've been practicing my dismount all day. :D

Just a question on the maps: When we do the walk through, should we just walk from the beginning of the attackers spawn and then start naming off things that we've used with success?

Teach, ive intentionally been getting on later in the evening to stop myself from getting too far ahead of you! Yesterday was funny though, because i was using guns and different set-ups that i havent run too often, ended up getting 3 or 4 gold stars last night, then the conquest winner insignia, and the night before I got both of the motion mine assist insignias. Dont worry, im almost out of pins to get...LOL, need that flag defender pin for another 15k...You know, we can probably find you a fine Teaching position here on the east coast if you'd like! :-B

The Pyramid is a definate go!

As far as the maps, i wanted to concentrate on the MCOMM defend/attack thing, but maybe starting at the beginning of the map and walking through is a good idea. I just want to share idea's and tactics to make us more successful together. Like i said, i want to invite other clans in to play against. Wouldnt it be cool to get us on a global clan leaderboard? Im all about that!

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Teach, ive intentionally been getting on later in the evening to stop myself from getting too far ahead of you! Yesterday was funny though, because i was using guns and different set-ups that i havent run too often, ended up getting 3 or 4 gold stars last night, then the conquest winner insignia, and the night before I got both of the motion mine assist insignias.

Overachiever. X( :(( :(

Dont worry, im almost out of pins to get...LOL, need that flag defender pin for another 15k...

15K!? In that case, I can't help ya... :-w :devil: I'll trade you a Flag Defender Pin (I've got 4) for Freak's dogtags. ;;)

As far as the maps, i wanted to concentrate on the MCOMM defend/attack thing, but maybe starting at the beginning of the map and walking through is a good idea. I just want to share idea's and tactics to make us more successful together.

I know on Arica Harbor I have seen some AWESOME sniping positions and would love to share them with ya'll.

MrBlitzer72
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Ohhh Freeeeaaakkk...wanna play with me? LOL... /:)

~Blitz

CHARGE TO 300J
05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Well it's Thursday, and being a family man with well......no life, playing video games till the wee hours of the morning sounds great.

If I could make a suggestion, drug the kids, wives and husbands not playing, put a cooler by your chair, do your business before you log on and keep your hands and feet in the game at all times.

I had one H*** of a day at work that ended with a suicide, not to cool......so blowing off some steam, with virtual violence should be therapeutic.

MrBlitzer72
05-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad day Charge...we will have some fun tonight bro!

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
We'll try to cheer you up tonight. How about we all line up and let Charge knife us all!?

LzzrdBoy
05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm on in 30 so if there's room holler at me otherwise I'll drop in your party and make poo poo!

LzzrdBoy
05-28-2010, 07:54 AM
I had fun last night guys. Good times. Although if it were not painfully obvious, I had no clue what I was doing. However, I think I'm getting this tank thing down. One thing I found rather upsetting... When I left the first game to join the new one I lost more than 3500 xp points (or whatever they are in BC2). That seriously sucked. I was nearly a level 2 damnit!!!

In the end it was kewl to meet all of you and I look forward to more sessions, hopefully, work permitting. ...GA for our new product is fast approaching so free-time is essentially no more.

CELockwood
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I've been playing for about 3 weeks now, and I still have no clue. Every once and a while I trip and manage to stick my knife in someone, but otherwise I spend most of my time looking at the kill cam.

But, I still had a good time last night, and got a couple of useful hints and nice sniper spots from Teach and Blitzer. Thanks guys.

CHARGE TO 300J
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Last night was fun but it didn't go off a smoothly as we hoped it to. We did learn a few new tricks and I learned not to let Teach and Blizter play on the same team. :-? I think maybe tactics could be better practiced in small squads of 4 in real game situations and passed on to other members when they join squads playing tactically.

Not being able to have a live party over 8 hurt the communication a-lot. Keep doing what we're doing and try to get as many MP's on one side as possible so the language and gaming styles get familiar. For instance I don't operate tanks and choppers well at all but I will repair when needed. I stink at long range sniping, but do well with the 4X scope and the vss on white pass or nelson bay. The maps link is good for reference but I don't know how to download it?? Can the maps be put on the site for all to see? Then we could label them grid style. Then we could name locations so when we saw we need coverage at location X everyone would now where that is.

Just a thought

Retro
05-28-2010, 10:23 AM
I think when setting up a private match, we should just play. We can call out ideas or tactics as we go and put them here the next day. The walkthroughs are good in theory, but once in game everyone just wants to start playing.

On the note!

Something I keep noticing on defense is everyone seems to want to push forward, then we all get suprised when the attackers arm the mcom and we're left wondering how they got there. After we went public last night, we started dominating because we were all sitting back at the mcoms picking guys off as they came in from any direction. All the good teams I've seen stick together and never seperate. Have one recon sitting in deep cover from a high vantage point doing nothing but spotting and directing people. But when people start pushing towards the attackers and spreading out, your dead. In Conquest you can be a little selfish and try to rack up kills and points. But in Rush you need to work as a team and that sometimes means not worrying about your own point total. The points will come, you just have to do the little things like spot and lay down health & ammo kits.
If you want to be Rambo there is always MW2.

Just my observation.

0313Gunner
05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Something I keep noticing on defense is everyone seems to want to push forward, then we all get surprised when the attackers arm the mcom and we're left wondering how they got there. After we went public last night, we started dominating because we were all sitting back at the mcoms picking guys off as they came in from any direction. All the good teams I've seen stick together and never separate. Have one recon sitting in deep cover from a high vantage point doing nothing but spotting and directing people.

I agree. I read your post earlier this morning and was thinking about a tactic that we could use when we have a large group. What if we have one squad on each mcom and one squad "floating" between the 2 to assist in defense. Last night I saw that it started to happen a little bit and it was working well. I was typically running back and forth giving more fire to each mcom to help support those that were already there and fill in when others would go down.

I'm not sure how to translate this into conquest...

Retro
05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I agree. I read your post earlier this morning and was thinking about a tactic that we could use when we have a large group. What if we have one squad on each mcom and one squad "floating" between the 2 to assist in defense. Last night I saw that it started to happen a little bit and it was working well. I was typically running back and forth giving more fire to each mcom to help support those that were already there and fill in when others would go down.

I'm not sure how to translate this into conquest...

It was working perfectly last night with 2 to 3 guys on each mcom and the rest either floating between the two or covering the flank.

Conquest is a completely different beast. You really need to take all the flags as quickly as possible and then set up a choke point to channel the other into and pick them off.

CELockwood
05-28-2010, 01:41 PM
I think when setting up a private match, we should just play. We can call out ideas or tactics as we go and put them here the next day. The walkthroughs are good in theory, but once in game everyone just wants to start playing.

On the note!

Something I keep noticing on defense is everyone seems to want to push forward, then we all get suprised when the attackers arm the mcom and we're left wondering how they got there. After we went public last night, we started dominating because we were all sitting back at the mcoms picking guys off as they came in from any direction. All the good teams I've seen stick together and never seperate. Have one recon sitting in deep cover from a high vantage point doing nothing but spotting and directing people. But when people start pushing towards the attackers and spreading out, your dead. In Conquest you can be a little selfish and try to rack up kills and points. But in Rush you need to work as a team and that sometimes means not worrying about your own point total. The points will come, you just have to do the little things like spot and lay down health & ammo kits.
If you want to be Rambo there is always MW2.

Just my observation.

Absolutely. I catch myself doing this, and I know when I'm doing it that it's a bad idea, but I keep inching forward, thinking that next kill is just a step away. It is, of course, just not the way I intended. ;) ;)

ProfUnderDog
05-28-2010, 03:22 PM
The trick is dividing the responsibilities without all be in a party. We definitely do better when it is not everyone running to defend one m-com while the opposition moves to the second. When we were attacking last night it worked well when we hit both m-coms simultaneously. It really split the defenders.

MrBlitzer72
05-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I dont have a problem just "playing" in future private matches. I wanted to try the walkthrough to try to help out some of the people having problems, and also give general knowledge that will make us all play better as a team. It was worth a try.

On another note, if any of you guys are having problems in certain areas, or need questions answered, or just want to run the maps together, give me a yell, id be happy to help with anything. I know these games can be frustrating sometimes. PM me if you want help with anything and we can squad up. Hope you guys had fun last night...

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
05-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm going to give the maps a look over, starting with ARICA HARBOR, and will start to put information and "sweet spots" on the map for all to see.

The idea of holding at an MCOM is something we should do. The problem is that sometimes you just don't want to sit there while everyone else is
running Rambo all over the place. The one match in ARICA HARBOR last night, I stood near a tree the whole map and just spotted and painted tanks,
ATV's, jeeps, etc. I think I got 300 points, but we KICKED ARSE!!!! In the end, we all want to win...the tough part is that winning doesn't always
mean you will have points upward of 2000+. I guess it just depends on your mood. I know that usually when I squad up with Blitz we tend to sit tight
at MCOM's. When I'm not on his team, I'll be more active and move around. I just depends on the mood I'm in, I guess. Sometimes you just feel
like killing some foo's. LOL!

I'll try to get a map commentary going very soon. Thanks for showing up last night, it was a blast...and watching Blitz fly off the tower was priceless!! :))

Retro
05-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I dont have a problem just "playing" in future private matches. I wanted to try the walkthrough to try to help out some of the people having problems, and also give general knowledge that will make us all play better as a team. It was worth a try.

On another note, if any of you guys are having problems in certain areas, or need questions answered, or just want to run the maps together, give me a yell, id be happy to help with anything. I know these games can be frustrating sometimes. PM me if you want help with anything and we can squad up. Hope you guys had fun last night...

~Blitz
The biggest problem is that you can only have 8 people in a party and that just slows things down. Skype is a possible solution but not everyone has it (I don't) and getting it just for a game seems a little silly, especially when I can use the money for another game! Although I am looking into getting Skype, just not completely sold on it yet.

LzzrdBoy
06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm going to be at the out-laws on Lk Norman this weekend so if anyone's on around 10PM EST I'd love to get some game on. I'll keep my eyes open!

RATA MUERTA
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM

~Blitz
The biggest problem is that you can only have 8 people in a party and that just slows things down. Skype is a possible solution but not everyone has it (I don't) and getting it just for a game seems a little silly, especially when I can use the money for another game! Although I am looking into getting Skype, just not completely sold on it yet.
I am fairly sure that Skype is a free service only calling actual telephones costs you money. It came on my netbook and I signed up for free.

unich
06-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm interested in getting to know the Rush maps better and where to be and where exactly the enemies come from (spawn points) I'm only a average player and for some reason Rush is really difficult for me. I do well in Conquest and average about 15-7 in SDM but Rush just kills me.

Sckrapps
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Unich,

If I'm on next time you jump in let me know. I'm only an average player myself (and actually your KDR is pretty strong; better than mine) but I'd be happy to walk through some Rush maps with you. I probably play Rush 90% of the time and have a pretty good feel for most of 'em.

MrBlitzer72
06-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Unich! I would be happy to show you some rush tactics...if you get to know that maps, you will be hooked. Scoring is ALOT higher than conquest or SDM. You can easily rank up 30+ kills after you see the flow of the maps. Alot of people have become predictable now. As a clan, we have progressed in leaps and bounds to the point of even knowing what the other will do without even asking! Rush is a TON of fun, and i'll be playing most of the night tonight. Squad up! Lets do dis! :cheers:

PS- A good way to get to know the maps if you are just starting out on Rush is to run Bush Wookie and throw motion mines for us as well as mortar strikes. That way you can stay back from the action until you see how the maps run. Thats how I started out, and it saved my KDR. And I would be happy to drop you off on top of the light house or high up in the trees by way of chopper!

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
06-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Unich, make sure you steal all of Blitzers kills so that his score stays within reach for me. As for bush wookie class: Yep, best way to learn. Either that, or stay in the back of the pack in the squad as a medic. That way you can clean up the mess if someone from the squad gets shot down.

MrBlitzer72
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately Teach :-B , I will probably get 2 platinums tonight and a few golds...its ok, you still love me!

~Blitz

TrojanTeacher
06-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I'll be working diligently to figure out your IP and send a DoS attack your way. (DoS: Denial of Service ping spam) :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Disclaimer: Don't ask me how I know about this. I did stupid stuff when I was younger. ROFL!

unich
06-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Aright man, i'm in. I usually play a couple rounds when I see some of you on but end up quitting and playing SQM or Conquest after a while due to dying over repeatedly and pretty much being a little confused as well. I mean I know what you're supposed to do and all that but it just seems cluster "beeped" alot of times. I have had some good rounds in Rush but probably much more bad than good.

unich
06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
O' by the way i've tried the stay back medic before and ended up dying even more!!! I have however got best player several times running wookie. Teach me ,Teach, teach me!!! And I will try to take as many kills away from Blitz as I can for ya...it's freakin' on tonight!!

TrojanTeacher
06-04-2010, 04:57 PM
The main thing you HAVE TO remember is that you DO NOT rambo in Rush. That's why most people don't like BC2 and love MW2. In Rush, it's all tactical. You have to have the patience to wait it out at times to make sure that your squad is backing you up and that there aren't any soldiers around you. I liked conquest at first, as it was like BF2, but now Rush is my favorite. It's just more war like.

Retro
06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
You need to establish a chain of command to have any success in Rush. If a few people are doing their own thing, your screwed. If 2 squads are working together and communicating, you can own the other team. (unless they are doing the same and their just better.)

We need 8 people for 2 squads and one person giving the orders. Both squads have to be assigned a task and stick to it unless the person in command tells them to move.

This is of course dependent on how serious people wish to play. After taking a few bad beat downs though I tend to get serious because I HATE to lose at anything.

That said, I suck and would never want to be in charge. Just point me in the direction you want me to go.

Of course when in the mood to run and gun, there is always Call of Duty.