PDA

View Full Version : BC2 disc not loading well, change PS3?

SlapLaB
04-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Hi guys

Need your opinion on this...

Every time it takes me about 4-5 times to load the game. After I insert the disc the player makes a weird "chac-chac" noise and just stops (before the "sync trophies" screen). I have to manually eject then re-insert the disc until it works.

I have an old PS3, one of the launch 60gb model, and had it fitted with a new bluray about a year ago as it suddenly stopped working.
So I'm thinking about replacing it with a new Slim model.

However I'm wondering:
- has any of you got the same pb?
- if I replace it, do you know if I will be able to transfer my BC2 save?
- and how about my VIP code? (ok this one I can always buy again...)

Thanks for your views...

Psalm
04-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I had the same problem and found that my disk was cracked on the inside ring. It was a very small crack but, it had trouble loading and made the same noise. I quit using it so as not to screw up the Blue-ray reader.

SlapLaB
04-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Do other games work?
Do you notice any of the lights workin while it's tryin to load?

Yes other games work ok, although I only tried them briefly.
The noise of the bluray is quite loud (louder than before I think).

The blue light is constantly on as soon as I put the disc in.

SlapLaB
04-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I had the same problem and found that my disk was cracked on the inside ring. It was a very small crack but, it had trouble loading and made the same noise. I quit using it so as not to screw up the Blue-ray reader.

mmm
Good point, will check the disc for cracks.

Did you end up buying a new VIP code or could you use the same one?

Psalm
04-07-2010, 08:19 AM

mmm
Good point, will check the disc for cracks.

Did you end up buying a new VIP code or could you use the same one?
The new disk I bought came with one...but, I didn't end up needing it.

fivereeds04
04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Something I came across I thought was interesting but I do not own a PS3 so it could be total bunk:

http://gizmodo.com/5449974/is-a-firmwar ... ray-drives (http://gizmodo.com/5449974/is-a-firmware-update-killing-ps3-blu+ray-drives)

SlapLaB
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Interesting...

Could be total bunk, but maybe on the other hand it's nothing to do with MW2 in itself...
Both MW2 and BC2 are recent games that seem to work the drive quite hard.

Spike Forehand
04-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Mine has definitely started to freeze more than it ever has. Latest weird one was Saturday night, when I was playing RUSH on Laguna Presa and the sound stopped working altogether, but the game kept going. It was very weird and uncomfortable to fight with no sound, but I stuck it out through all the MCOM's anyway. Squad first!!

Spike Forehand
04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
best thing was i sent my machine away on a friday and got it back on monday... now that's what i call service.. :party:

That's what I call a bad weekend.

:))

SlapLaB
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Quick follow-up on this...

I've finally done it this we... swapped my launch 60Gb PS3 for a 120Gb Slim...
Net cost 100, but I don't regret it!!!
Got a free game to sweeten the deal (chose Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing)

No pb loading BC2, and the drive is like 10 times quieter... Now I can actually hear the music!!! (I never play very loud...)
Also the setup was fairly quick, I had saved my game data on a USB drive and restored it easily.
The VIP code is linked to the PSN account, which is also easy to re-setup thanks to the security question (never remembered my password)...

Only complaint, only 2 USBs???