PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Tip for BFBC2

TrojanTeacher
04-08-2010, 10:34 AM
We all pretty much know that using the BACK button helps us spot enemies, but did you know:

1. If you press the BACK button while aiming at the initials for the MCOMM you will give a direct order to either defend or attack it.
2. If you press the BACK button on a vehicle you will ask for a pick-up.
3. If you press the BACK button on a team mate, you will ask for whatever those team mates can offer. (i.e. point at medic and ask for first aid, point at assault and ask for ammo, etc.)

I really think that this adds even more realism to the game. I'm not too sure as to how many people know about it. I found out most of these by accident. LOL.

Toxic Avenger72
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
We all pretty much know that using the BACK button helps us spot enemies, but did you know:

1. If you press the BACK button while aiming at the initials for the MCOMM you will give a direct order to either defend or attack it.
2. If you press the BACK button on a vehicle you will ask for a pick-up.
3. If you press the BACK button on a team mate, you will ask for whatever those team mates can offer. (i.e. point at medic and ask for first aid, point at assault and ask for ammo, etc.)

I really think that this adds even more realism to the game. I'm not too sure as to how many people know about it. I found out most of these by accident. LOL.

I started giving direct orders for the MCOMM just recently. Really easy way to rack up some points for your entire team and squad when the MCOMM is attacked or defended.

RATA MUERTA
04-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Thank you, I was wondering how you asked for ammo and such!! I try to do as much spotting as I can, if I am not moving my finger is on the back button!!

MrBlitzer72
04-08-2010, 02:44 PM
To all of you that like to run the Bush Wookie class, it is a SUPER BIG HELP if you spot for the guys in close quarters! I spot whenever I possibly can, in any class.

~MrBlitzer72

TrojanTeacher
04-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Recon with Spotting Scope is a big help. I've used that a couple of times and rack up lots of +20's because of spotting points.

ustolemygmrtag
04-09-2010, 09:11 AM
I found this on Youtube. It is not Kid Friendly. So watch with headphones, or when kids are in bed.

But it is a great noob video, explains, Spotting, Gravity effect, the individual Classes and their proper roles.

I LOL'ed through all of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

LOL, "There a bad guy in the bushed holding a Radioactive Twinkie!" I always laugh at that line.

MrBlitzer72
04-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Thats a great video, watched it when the bc2 demo was released. Very informative as well!

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

MrBlitzer72
04-09-2010, 10:00 AM
I was just curious how many of you have completed "The Dentist" achievement? For those of you who dont know, you run the engineer class, and headshot someone with the repair tool! :devil:

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/images/achievements_96x96/45.png

Also, if you want to do major damage to tanks or other items, the repair tool has been reported to produce the most damage with a handheld weapon.

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

ustolemygmrtag
04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
No, I haven't got that one yet, just haven't had the inkling to do it. But, I have destroyed 2 vehicles with it. Was a great feeling. :cheers:

Toxic Avenger72
04-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I was just curious how many of you have completed "The Dentist" achievement? For those of you who dont know, you run the engineer class, and headshot someone with the repair tool! :devil:

Also, if you want to do major damage to tanks or other items, the repair tool has been reported to produce the most damage with a handheld weapon.

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

I have this achievement.

Yes, I can confirm the repair tool can indeed do major damage to a tank. I was in a tank last night giving cover fire and noticed 30-40% damage in just a couple of seconds. :cuss: I wasn't sure what was going on so I hopped out. Low and behold, there was an engineer tooling away on the tank so I gunned him down. Luckily, I was playing engineer class and could make the repairs back to 100%.

ustolemygmrtag
04-09-2010, 10:51 AM

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

I have this achievement.

Yes, I can confirm the repair tool can indeed do major damage to a tank. I was in a tank last night giving cover fire and noticed 30-40% damage in just a couple of seconds. :cuss: I wasn't sure what was going on so I hopped out. Low and behold, there was an engineer tooling away on the tank so I gunned him down. Luckily, I was playing engineer class and could make the repairs back to 100%.

LOL, yep, that might have been me. LOL :-o

BTw, I invites all the Xbox Live MP Members today. So, check your inbox and Accept me, wanna play so squad death matches.

RATA MUERTA
04-09-2010, 12:03 PM
LOL, yep, that might have been me. LOL :-o

BTw, I invites all the Xbox Live MP Members today. So, check your inbox and Accept me, wanna play so squad death matches.
Great!! I had a couple of Squad Deathmatches with Fivereeds awhile ago and we rocked, I was actually killing people!! I am up for Squad Death match especially if there are only a couple of us on.

SlapLaB
04-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I was actually killing people!!

if we were not on a FPS forum this could be so badly interpreted ;)

kaiserzoze
04-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I found this on Youtube. It is not Kid Friendly. So watch with headphones, or when kids are in bed.

But it is a great noob video, explains, Spotting, Gravity effect, the individual Classes and their proper roles.

LOL, "There a bad guy in the bushed holding a Radioactive Twinkie!" I always laugh at that line.

I can watch that video over and over. I love the bit about spawning... "If one of your teammates needs help, pop out of his ass and heal him. Don't just die. This isn't Thelma and Louise." :))

ustolemygmrtag
04-09-2010, 02:40 PM

LOL, "There a DoucheBag in the bushed holding a Radioactive Twinkie!" I always laugh at that line.

I can watch that video over and over. I love the bit about spawning... "If one of your teammates needs help, pop out of his ass and heal him. Don't just die. This isn't Thelma and Louise." :))

Oh Yeah. I love it. That guy is great. "I'm a Sniper, I'm a Sniper, I'm a Sniper." ROFL, How many times I have been in a party where I was the Only one, that was not Recon Class.

pyrenus2
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Speaking of recon, any tips for getting recon points fast? It seems like the slowest kit for me to unlock. Medic, Assault, Engineer, Recon. That seems to be the order, fastest to slowest, for me.

SlapLaB
04-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Speaking of recon, any tips for getting recon points fast? It seems like the slowest kit for me to unlock. Medic, Assault, Engineer, Recon. That seems to be the order, fastest to slowest, for me.

I agree...
I used to be like that but actually once you get the Mortar Strike (and abuse it) it goes a lot faster...

Before that, go behind enemy lines, C4 their vehicles, spot and snipe (carefully...). The key is not to give away your position just for 50pts...

Or if you're good at assault then you can also select one of the common rifles (e.g. saiga) or shotguns and essentially play like an assault except you have 2 spotting mines (very useful actually).

TrojanTeacher
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Sniping from long range = high scores. Last night I got over 600 points with just two kills.

2 Kills = 100 pts
2 Headshots = 20 pts
Marksmanship = 492 pts (246 pts each)

The further you are + accuracy of shot = $$$$$

SlapLaB
04-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Sniping from long range = high scores.

Yeah it's awesome when you first get your "marksman" shot...

But for that you need the GOL or M95 and 12x I guess.

Before that it's harder...

TrojanTeacher
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I actually use the M24 with 12x optical and the Magnum Ammo. It reloads faster than the M95, doesn't release a smoke effect when you shoot, and I love the way the scope mil-dots look. I'm way more accurate with the M24 than with the M95 or the GOL. When I play maps like Isla or Laguna, I use the Spotting Scope so that I can earn points for spotting people even if I'm not killing them.

CHARGE TO 300J
04-19-2010, 10:12 AM
I'd like to add a few here:

1. Spot vehicles, sometimes when there is a blue tank out and about the engine from that covers the engine noise of the red
tanks and they can sneak up on you and then bad things happen.

2. Engineers use tracer darts on heli's and vehicles so everyone can fire away from a longer distance away.
If you die your tracer dart remains in place and still transmits.

TrojanTeacher
04-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Engineers use tracer darts on heli's and vehicles so everyone can fire away from a longer distance away.
If you die your tracer dart remains in place and still transmits.

I keep forgetting about that. I've already earned my bronze medals on all the pistols and I keep forgetting to change it to tracer darts. Definitely helps to take out the choppers, especially that pain in the butt HIND. :cuss:

MrBlitzer72
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Just got my tracer dart ribbon! Easy 5000 points for 100 darts. And even better when you plant a dart on the enemy who runs around wondering why everyone is coming after him! LMAO! :))

~MrBlitzer72

REMEC87
04-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Just got my tracer dart ribbon! Easy 5000 points for 100 darts. And even better when you plant a dart on the enemy who runs around wondering why everyone is coming after him! LMAO! :))

~MrBlitzer72

Speaking of darts, the other day i was playing with Beeano and a few others when one of the squad members from the other squad shot me in the face with a tracer (ouch!) and i could see a red flashing like it was on my forehead or something! It took like 2 minutes to go away too! It was hysterical!

sureMOE
04-19-2010, 04:39 PM
That's hilarious! Something that I have seen people do is when you get a teammate that's being a d-bag and doing nothing to help you out, you get a bunch of you to be engineers with tracer pistols and you all light the guy up. He then runs around looking like a Christmas tree!! =))

~MrBlitzer72

Speaking of darts, the other day i was playing with Beeano and a few others when one of the squad members from the other squad shot me in the face with a tracer (ouch!) and i could see a red flashing like it was on my forehead or something! It took like 2 minutes to go away too! It was hysterical!

CHARGE TO 300J
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Oh ya here's two more:

If your a medic and d-fib, don't revive teammates while in a flurry of gun fire just to get killed again, sure you get points but then you both die and it doesn't help the team very much.

When respawning in the middle of a good firefight use judgement as what class is needed at the time. Cycle through the team to see what class they are, no medics b a medic, no assault b assualt and give ammo, if it's close quarters don't b a recon with a 12x scope grab the full auto and start throwing motion mines. If there's tanks a foot grab the engineer class and repair or destroy.

I'm sure after things settle down you can go back to the class you are most comfortable with later.

P.S. Recon+C4+tank=great fun :D sometimes you pull a jihad but the tank is gone :-"

SlapLaB
04-20-2010, 02:01 AM

~MrBlitzer72

I don't think it's that easy, I keep forgetting I have it and switch to it at the most crucial time thinking it's a pistol... :cuss:

Also, it does not do much, in all honesty... if I have a tank close enough for me to tag it I'm sure my teammates would rather have me shoot it with Carl than tag it like a Xmas tree... ;)

MrBlitzer72
04-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Yea, i can see what you are sayin Slap..BUT, the one thing i firmly believe in is lighting up the targets for the team to be able to shoot at. Plus is makes it ALOT easier if you can get a chopper marked to take it out with the RPG or Gustav...the guided launcher to me is crap...just my opinion.

~MrBlitzer72

jkodrigues
04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
something i saw today and was very efective defenders blowing up the building of the m-com and when u get there and try to arm it everybody can see u
both games that i saw this it was very hard to arm the m-com only once we manage to do it
but if u do arm also works in ur favor now it just depends if ur team will give good suport for this to work

jkodrigues
04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
something i saw today and was very efective defenders blowing up the building of the m-com and when u get there and try to arm it everybody can see u
both games that i saw this it was very hard to arm the m-com only once we manage to do it
but if u do arm also works in ur favor now it just depends if ur team will give good suport for this to work

MrBlitzer72
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes, i totally agree...if im running engineer, i will take out parts of the building to expose the MCOMM station and then stay back and pick people off trying to arm it. You can get a ton of points if you are the defenders and have defense orders on it! Grenades and launchers work on it too! :-bd

~MrBlitzer72

pyrenus2
04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Too much damage will make the building collapse, taking the MCOMM with it, right? Seems attackers are content with demolishing the building too, I don't know that giving them a headstart is a good idea?

jkodrigues
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM
i mean the ones like in laguna presa or vale paradiso for example u can demolish the entire building with the m-com still intact

SlapLaB
04-21-2010, 07:11 AM

It's an interesting dilemna... whether it's (a) better to see the attackers or (b) have some cover to disarm.
I guess it depends on how much fire power you have - but in general attackers have a lot at their disposal (choppers, tanks, strikes, rpgs etc...)
On the defending side if say 5 guys get into the building (if it still exists) they will probably disarm... it's rare to have more than 1-2 attackers arming the MCOM.

Also I think statistically attackers win more often, and it seems the most likely outcome is the MCOM beeping away while defenders cannot get to it without being killed by covering fire.

so I would tend towards (b) in the end (let them blow it up...)