PDA

View Full Version : BC2 - Team MP Squad Tactics

Spike Forehand
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM
OK all - I have been meaning to start this thread for a while, and finally got a chance to do it this morning. It's either this or do taxes, but I figured it's not even the 14th yet, so I still got time to get my priorities straight.

What I am hoping that we can do as a team is share some tried-and-true squad tactics with the hope that all of us improve and become an even more lethal BFBC2 fighting force.

Hoping that we can agree to use a recommended standard format for new posts in the thread - although any and all input is appreciated. Responses to posts are certainly encouraged, but should quote the original post to ensure that people understand the situation being discussed.

The recommended standard format is as follows:

-------------------------------------------------
GAME MODE: (Rush, Conquest, TDM, etc.)

MAP: (Laguna Presa, Isla Inocentes, etc.)

TACTIC: Describe in as much detail as possible the squad tactic you have successfully used, or seen used against you. Make sure to say the situation.
------------------------------------------------

Some general non-mandatory guidelines:

- Tactics should be squad specific - not individual class, vehicle, or weapon-specific advice, as these already have threads. In other words, share how you have worked together with teammates in a specific situation on a specific map.

- If you can, please refer to the maps by their location and set of MCOM's. For instance, the RUSH MCOM's for Isla Inocentes are as follows:

First set of MCOM's: Island A and B (A is by the concrete wall, B is in the metal shed)
Second set of MCOM's: Village A and B
Third set of MCOM's: Last Stand A and B
(if anyone knows of a link to a listing of all of these - let me know)

- When stating directions, say "left, right, in front, or behind". These should always refer to the direction you are looking if you are standing at your spawn point looking towards the enemy's spawn point. (This is preferable to "north, south, east, west" as I don't think the game has a compass embedded.)

- It's important to be as descriptive as possible when detailing locations. For instance, instead of saying "The building behind the first MCOM", it's better to say "the two-story green building behind MCOM B in the Village"

If anyone has any suggestions for standard format/guidelines for posts, let me know and I will edit this post to include them.

I will make the first two posts as examples.

Please try to post if you have good ideas or experiences. Hoping this thread is a big help to all.

- Spike

Spike Forehand
04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
GAME MODE: RUSH - ATTACKING

MAP: Isla Inocentes

SQUAD TACTIC: When attacking the first set of MCOM's on the Island, have three of the squad-mates hold for 20 seconds or so at the spawn point, and then hop in a boat and attack via the beach or left side of the island. Meanwhile, the fourth squad-mate runs down the road on the right side of the map and camps under the broken bridge just below MCOM A on the right side of the island. As the original three squad-mates die, they can then spawn on the squad-mate who is below the bridge and be in a good spot to attack MCOM A. To be fair, it's best to rotate the player who waits under the bridge. In other words, once you spawn in, let the waiting player know that they should go up and attack while you camp under the bridge. Then when the next player spawns on you, you can return to action. Key is to always keep one player camping to provide a good spawn point.

Once MCOM A is defeated, the camper should run counter-clockwise around the island and set up the new camping point below the cliff near MCOM B - staying out of sight of soldiers on the cliff above.

DV8 (Vikja Manni), Currahee, and someone else used this tactic with great success when attacking on Isla Inocentes.

ustolemygmrtag
04-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I have a couple that go for every Map on Rush mode.

1. Spot, and do it always.
Spotting is an essential part of this game. It gives, not just your squad, but your whole team the location of the Bad Guys. Plus
it gives us a slight advantage cause we will know where they are planning to attack and location of their squad/Armor. It
Also gives The Medics, and Assaults something to shoot at when we cannot see them cause of Brush or Cover.

2. Spawning.

A. When advancing on a M/Comm. Always have 1 of your squad hang back and be a Spawn Point. Never spawn back at the
base when your team is in a fire fight. Spawn on them and help. Only spawn back on base, When UAV is back up, Or
Armor/Air power is up. If you do, you waist the Spawn time, and the run back to the fight time. Just don't do it.

B. When game starts only one person spawn. Others choose load-out, and wait until he is in position. Then everyone spawn
on them. This gives us a foothold in enemy territory and stealth to get there. Also, gives the squad a flanking position
to help attacking squad assistance with defending and attacking.

3. Mortars, C4, and Mines.
Always let your teammates know before you use them. They are great for clearing out enemies that are held up and fortified in
a position. But not if you spam them. You do not want your teammate stepping on one of your mines, or walking into a mortar
strike. Also use a mortar strike on a position and as it is coming down, the attacking team gets into position and then they
attack as soon as it is over.

Throw mines along a walking path that you know the enemy will use. Use RPG's, Mortars, and 40mm
grenade launchers to bring down Houses and M/Comms that enemies are held up in.

4. Ammo, Med-packs, and Defibrillator.

Throw them Down! People will use them. If you hear, "Hey, I need some Ammo!" Or "I'm Hurt, I need Help!" That means Your
squad-mates need you to give them Ammo, or a med pack. It saves tickets, and gives you loads of points.

Defibrillator, Use it alot. It will save you in a pinch, and save countless waist of tickets when attacking. Defending it helps
by getting people back in the fight faster, with allot less time waisted waiting to spawn.

5. Stick with your Squad.

You are not Rambo. Every Class is an essential part of the squad. You cannot do it all. You shouldn't have to do it all. This is a
Team game, and we need everyone to live and breath that fact. If you go alone, you will hinder our team, not help. If you die
you waist a ticket we cannot get back. WE are here to have fun, and to win.

RATA MUERTA
04-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Great tips!! I hadn't though about waiting to spawn on your guy once he is closer to the M-com. Keep the good ideas coming guys!!!

SlapLaB
04-12-2010, 12:44 PM
One tactic which I saw at work once:

GAME MODE: Rush - Attack

MAP: any map with water vehicle (Isla Innocentes or Laguna Presa)

TACTIC:
Basically this very simple idea is to exploit the grenade launcher of the boat.
One guy takes the "extra damage" (or maybe "faster loading", not sure which one is best) as perk 3 and shoots the ennemies, the MCOMs, the barracks, the trees, everything else (in that order)... while the others try to protect him and the boat.
If done correctly with a good squad this can destroy the MCOM pretty quickly (and the gunner can get this elusive "Naval Warfare" pin :D )

sam007
04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
When attacking, set up an L shaped perimeter to defend the MCOM once armed. Finding good cover is essential. You'll also need to be aware of where the main attacking force is and move up on the sides and stay out of the action for awhile.

You'll get easy picking when they go disarm. Its essential there are no view obstructions of the objective, so destroy the buildings, blow up trees, etc.

ustolemygmrtag
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
When attacking, set up an L shaped perimeter to defend the MCOM once armed. Finding good cover is essential. You'll also need to be aware of where the main attacking force is and move up on the sides and stay out of the action for awhile.

You'll get easy picking when they go disarm. Its essential there are no view obstructions of the objective, so destroy the buildings, blow up trees, etc.

Yes, that is great. Also, When moving up on a M/Comm, Alway split up into 2's. One head directly forward, and other flank from the Left or Right. Which ever is better for your map.

I forgot C4. If you are a Assault, or a Recon. And you are going for the M/comm Solo. Before arming, set all C4 on the M/Comm. Or the Building it is in. After you set the charge on the M/Comm. Wait until they start coming in. Then Jihad all the way. 1 ticket is worth an M/comm and 2 to 5 kills.

Also, I will start compiling a good Tactics list. And put in PDF format, so all here can read it. As long as you have Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Will upload later tonight, or Tomorrow.

sam007
04-12-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOmOWaQq5s&feature=related

this should sum it up.

The combination of squad loadout are endless.

2 assault with smoke
1 medic (needs to be johnny on the spot)
1 recon for motion minds so we can see them through smoke. (primary, anything but a bolt action rifle cause recon would need to be up with the squad)

or

2 assault
2 medic

or

2 assault
1 medic
1 engineer

Its super important for ammo drops from assault for engineer and recon class.

Hugh_Heff
04-12-2010, 05:48 PM
The following link shows all maps and the different game modes, MCOMM locations, etc.

http://www.ultimateprestige.com/

MrBlitzer72
04-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I believe that nading mcomm stations with smoke before we attack them is especially helpful! I was doing that last night, and we took them with ease!

~Jeremy
~MrBlitzer72

MaddHippy
04-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I agree with smoking the MCOMM stations. especially if the defenders are a bunch of campers. They can't shoot what they don't see.

Another interesting tactic a team used against me was loading the UAV with C4 and flying it into the MCOMM station. It took us 3 or 4 stations to figure out how they were blowing up our stations before we even had a chance to retreat!!! More of a 'every-once-i-awhile' tactic, but it was extremely effective. :cuss:

I've also had a hard time defending teams that wait in hiding until all of the squad members spawn or gather to the lead guy(who is near MCOMM) and then arm with all 4 there. Unless they bunch and you can take them out with a grenade, you usually don't have time to kill all 4 and disarm the bomb.

REMEC87
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Another interesting tactic a team used against me was loading the UAV with C4 and flying it into the MCOMM station. It took us 3 or 4 stations to figure out how they were blowing up our stations before we even had a chance to retreat!!! More of a 'every-once-i-awhile' tactic, but it was extremely effective. :cuss:

I ran into that tactic just last night while playin with Beanno and Krisk6! They destroyed all the MCOMM stations like that until we caught on but it was too late.

I am still new to BC2 and still learning new stuff all the time. Any other basic squad tactics would be helpful...sometimes i feel lost on some of these maps and unsure what my squad is expecting of me.

TrojanTeacher
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
The best thing you can do for your squad, if they start getting killed, is provide a spawn point. Spawn points are the key to effective attacking. If you're not sure what you should do cuz you're the last one left...hide. I'll do that so that I can get people grouped up again and we can attack together. Usually, if we have a squad of 4, one of us will stay back to ensure a close spawn point.

Bongtoker A2
04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Yup, right on Trojan. Also keep your eyes open for the enemy using this tactic (mostly when defending) be on the lookout for one bad guy hiding and his squad spawning off of him. Four easy kills if you catch them off guard.

TrojanTeacher
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Yup, right on Trojan. Also keep your eyes open for the enemy using this tactic (mostly when defending) be on the lookout for one bad guy hiding and his squad spawning off of him. Four easy kills if you catch them off guard.

Yep, it's easy to spot that their spawning near by because they just keep coming in swarms (which of course is the whole point of this tactic). If you see it, point them out and start throwing grenades. If you have someone with the Assault class, throw out some ammo and let your squad give you points by feeding them nades. GRANATA!!!!

bigdaddyj2468
04-15-2010, 03:12 PM
it would be a good idea when we sqad up if someone runs assault or recon class with c4 so we just blow the mcom up instead of keep trying to arm it

MrBlitzer72
04-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Ive actually considered that when the mcomm's are inside buildings, running recon with the perk that gives you 6 charges of c4...then placing it on the corners of the building and bringing it down on the mcomm...maybe i'll test that out tonight during our practice session.

~MrBlitzer72

bigdaddyj2468
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
it only takes 6 to blow the mcomm itself why not place it directly on it. then arm it wait for them to come running and boom

MrBlitzer72
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
it only takes 6 to blow the mcomm itself why not place it directly on it. then arm it wait for them to come running and boom

Thats true bigdaddy, but there is nothing like seeing a building come down sometimes! :devil:

~MrBlitzer72

TrojanTeacher
04-15-2010, 05:22 PM

I like your style! :devil:

Spike Forehand
04-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Game Mode: Rush - Attacker

Map: Various

Squad tactic:

As discussed here, establishing a spawn point and "squadding up" close to an MCOM is the most effective way to take down MCOM's. Here are some spawn points near MCOM's that I have either used myself, or seen used effectively. Please respond if you have additional ones to share.

Once again - directions (left, right, behind, in front of) are relative to your viewpoint if you are standing at the attackers spawn point looking towards the objectives.

ISLA INOCENTES

First set of MCOM's (the island): MCOM A - underneath the broken bridge to the right of A. MCOM B - in the water at the bottom of the cliff just in front and slightly to the left of B.

Second set of MCOM's (the village): MCOM A (right one) and MCOM B - in the concrete building below the road. Alternates: MCOM A - the "grassy knoll" with the treest next to the road. MCOM A or B - any of the buildings in the back - if you can get there - are very effective spawn points for attacking from behind. Try flying a chopper in, land it, and have squad-mates jump out and find a place to hide - we were succesful doing this with just 6 tickets left earlier this week.

Third set of MCOM's (the base/last stand): MCOM A - On the cliff at the right side of the map overlooking A just above the bathtubs. Also, behind the fence just behind A. MCOM B - between the containers inside the concrete building behind and to the right of B.

ARICA

First Set of MCOM's - building next to B, although this one generally doesn't hold up as a good hiding spot for long.

Second Set of MCOM's - Any of the Buildings near A or B.

Third set: B (railroad car): behind the large rock next to the water on the left side of the map to the left of B. (I sat on top of an ammo box here last night as an assault and just continually pelted the railroad car with my noob tube while others spawned on me and killed fools - we took it down pretty easy) A (bus) - in teh brick building to the right of A, or next to the low wall in front of the brick building. Another good spot is in the two-story building in front of A - good open elevated view of A and B from here that will get you some kills after arming.

Fourth Set: Both MCOM's: right side of map. Either behind low wall, or in concrete building.

Fifth Set: Both MCOM's - in any of the buildings on the right side of the map, although this requires crossing the road which is a bit dangerous. Also, behind the containers on the left side of the screen - can be reached by swimming along the dock and climbing up the ladder.

VALPARAISO

First Set OF MCOM''S: Right side of map next to water or in bushes at bottom of road. Concrete building at back left of map - either inside or behind this building. Docks at back of map are also possible, but seem to be watched/camped on a little more by defenders. On top of rocks at left side of map just before the road - good sniping spot here as well.

Second Set of MCOM's: Right side of map, at bottom of hill between MCOM B and the lighthouse. If defenders are pressed back, it's also possible to spawn in woods or behind boxes in front of A.

Third Set of MCOM's: Buildings in center of map. Be careful trying to hang around under docks - there always seems to be a sniper somewhere lurking at water level and able to take you out.

Fourth Set of MCOM's: MCOM A (on the left): the top of the cliff to the left and slightly behind A. (Have many times seen two guys come wheeling in on an ATV early in the map and try to get up there to set up a spawn point. If I remember right there is a small building up there that you can spawn behind. MCOM B (on the right): in the woods or behind the buildings on the right side of the map and slightly behind B. Also sometimes possible to spawn on the right road leading up to B once defenders are pushed back.

Fifth Set of MCOM's: MCOM A (on the right?) in the matching building with the bunk beds next to the MCOM building - bit of a hairy spot so spawner needs to stay couched and out of sight as much as possible. MCOM B (on the left) along edge of map to the left side and behind B.

Will come back later and add some more maps when I get an opportunity.

Definitely interested in hearing of other spots you guys may have used.

theczech99
04-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Stick together and work together. A little teamwork goes a long way.

Beano
04-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Laguna Presa: Attackers: Last set of mcomms.

Take one squad member to the far right of map and swim behind the large metal fence nearest Mcomm B. There is a small opening in the fence at the end that will put an entire squad behind Mcomm B and easy pickins. We used this last night and worked like a charm. After taking B, you are still behind them and creating chaos behind the lines.

TrojanTeacher
04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Just a quick note: IF you are playing Engineer class with extra mines and extra demolition on, then throw your mines next to the MCOM and then nade it. BOOM!

sureMOE
04-17-2010, 09:24 AM
One tip I have is when you are running around killing people or having teammates die around you and you are not medic, swapping kits can add a ton of points to your score as well as help out your team and squad. If you see a medic teammate or squadmate go down, and you are not a medic, swap his kit for yours and revive him, and then put out some health for everyone. But, to take that tip even further, if you see a sniper kit, pick it up, throw motion mines, and then change back to your kit. If you see an assault kit, swap it out, put down ammo and then swap back to yours. Same with engineer and rockets/mines. The secret bonus to this is if you do this in battle, even when you swap back to your original kit, you will get all the points for replenishing your teammates with ammo, or healing them. It ends up helping all around and it can help out those situations when your teammates are too dumb to remember they have ammo and health packs! ;)

sureMOE
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I couple more I thought of:

C4 can be lobbed over walls, off roofs, or off cliffs...use that to your advantage

If you are going to jihad quad, I have found that there is a bug where if you instantly switch to your plunger and jump on the quad it won't fire up when you jump off and hit the plunger. You have to wait about 10 seconds after you have put the C4 on to switch to the plunger (not a recommended tactic when you are squaded up unless you are desperate to get rid of a pesky tank that no one seems to take ownership on).

Always, always, always send your squadmates attack and defend orders. It's an easy 10 point bonus for you if they do what you ask, but it also gives your squadmates more stats for some of their insignias that they are trying to earn so they can level up from the bonus points awarded and get the higher level perks quicker. Also, if you yourself are going to blow an M-COM station, give the order to do it and if you blow it, you will still be given the 10 point bonus, even though you were the one that followed through on the order.

Get to know Carl, he's invaluable on maps where infantry are hiding in buildings and trying to pick you off under cover. He also has a very fast trajectory and very little bullet drop. And he is absolutely necessary in ridding you of your pesky blackhawk problem (which can easily be done with just leading a chopper and not trying to tag the blasted thing with a tracer dart). I have taken snipers down who have me in their sites with Carl from a pretty long way off.

Get to know your perk system and use it to your advantage. When in the heat of the battle, it's real easy to keep that vehicle armor perk instead of going with something that be more effective like secondary weapon or smoke.

Learn to shoot with iron sights on your guns. That 4x scope is oh so nifty, but you have to put aside some better perks like better healing med packs or LMG marksman training and other such perks to use the scopes, and although they may help your k/d, it may not always help your squadmates/teammates. Plus, if you get really good with iron sights, then every time you use a scope, you will be that much better!

sureMOE
04-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Just remembered another one:

Land Mines can be shot and blown up. I am not sure if you can destroy it with the canon of your tank, but it seems like if you can shoot it with a machine gun, you should be able to do it with a tank. This is helpful to snipers on the attacking team of a map like Arica Harbor. If you are up on the hills next to the base and you see the enemy laying down land mines, help your heavy machine friends and shoot it to clear it. If you get the timing right, you could force the engineer laying the stuff down to 'EPIC FAIL' himself! If you shoot the stuff with a machine gun, have some distance on it or you will blow yourself up!

Does this also work for C4? Anybody tried that?

DayliteMag
04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Just remembered another one:

Land Mines can be shot and blown up. I am not sure if you can destroy it with the canon of your tank, but it seems like if you can shoot it with a machine gun, you should be able to do it with a tank. This is helpful to snipers on the attacking team of a map like Arica Harbor. If you are up on the hills next to the base and you see the enemy laying down land mines, help your heavy machine friends and shoot it to clear it. If you get the timing right, you could force the engineer laying the stuff down to 'EPIC FAIL' himself! If you shoot the stuff with a machine gun, have some distance on it or you will blow yourself up!

Does this also work for C4? Anybody tried that?

Not sure about the C4, but I can confirm that you can blow mines using the tank. It took me two blown Bradleys before I realized the enemy was mining the road. Once I figured it out I ended up blowing the mines AND the engineer who was laying them down. Revenge is soooo sweet!

Spike Forehand
04-18-2010, 12:35 PM
GAME MODE: Rush - Defending (or any with lots of vehicles)

Map: Arica 1st set of MCOM's (or any with lots of vehicles)

Squad Tactic: When first starting a match defending on Arica, it is very effective for one or two squad members to come in as engineers with AT mines selected, and one to come in as assault. Assault makes his way to just behind the concrete barrier in front of MCOM A (the one in the collapsible building) and drops ammo crates all around. Then the one or two engineers with AT mines drop mines like crazy - all over the main road, the back alternate path, over in the buildings, etc. Just cover the roads with mines - running back to the ammo crate to reload frequently. Me and czech did this as engineers with another guy (sorry can't remember the name) playing assault and dropping ammo crates for us to reload with. We killed a lot of vehicles and dudes.

sureMOE
04-18-2010, 03:27 PM
A modified version of this could be having two team mates on an ATV or 3 in the Hummer. On the ATV have the engineer sitting on the back and throwing out mines as the driver does loops around the base and then find a rendezvous spot with an assault guy. In the Hummer, there is a back seat that allows you to look out the back while armed. If you have mines back there, you can toss them out of the Hummer while someone drives around. It's a great quick way to get mines to the back of their base where the tanks are parked as well!

It was good playing online with you last night Spike! Hopefully we get to do that again soon!

GAME MODE: Rush - Defending (or any with lots of vehicles)

Map: Arica 1st set of MCOM's (or any with lots of vehicles)

Squad Tactic: When first starting a match defending on Arica, it is very effective for one or two squad members to come in as engineers with AT mines selected, and one to come in as assault. Assault makes his way to just behind the concrete barrier in front of MCOM A (the one in the collapsible building) and drops ammo crates all around. Then the one or two engineers with AT mines drop mines like crazy - all over the main road, the back alternate path, over in the buildings, etc. Just cover the roads with mines - running back to the ammo crate to reload frequently. Me and czech did this as engineers with another guy (sorry can't remember the name) playing assault and dropping ammo crates for us to reload with. We killed a lot of vehicles and dudes.