PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Rush map?

theczech99
04-21-2010, 10:33 AM
My favorite is Arica Harbor because you can play any class and have a good game. Long open shots for recon. Vehicles to destroy and repair for engineers. Medic and assault are good for any map.

I hope this is not too jacked-up. I'm posting it on my iPhone.

Bongtoker A2
04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
My favorite is Arica Harbor. It is a great map to show why I like Battlefield so much tanks,huge explosions and lots of killing.
It's just a all out Battle!

SlapLaB
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
you forgot Nelson Bay ;) ;) ;)

anyway my vote goes to port valdez... I like the nice slope in difficulty of the MCOMs, and the variety of the map (only thing missing is sea vehicle).

second best would be laguna presa, which has lots of intense action
I especially like the 3rd set of MCOM, after the bridge...

I like the beginning of arica harbour, but not the few last MCOMs which are a bit too difficult to defend...
the last MCOMs should be the hardest!

TrojanTeacher
04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
I like Arica Harbor. The combination of urban warfare and desert seems really cool.

--Teach

Spike Forehand
04-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Really good question - they all have their strong points. I almost think it's better to think in terms of MCOM sets and whether you are attacking or defending instead of maps.

For instance, I really dislike the Island on Isla Inocentes, but the Village and the last set are pretty good.

In Arica, the first set is fun for some tank action, and the 2nd -3rd sets are very good, but the 4th and 5th are meh.

However, I think my overall favorite is probably Arica, with Laguna a close second.

I think Nelson Bay gets a bad rap. I actually kind of like it. Seems like I have had my closest battles in Nelson Bay.

TrojanTeacher
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Seems like I have had my closest battles in Nelson Bay.

Same here, I have the best matches on Nelson Bay, but many people hate it because of the night time environment and the bush wookies.

--Teach

SlapLaB
04-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Same here, I have the best matches on Nelson Bay, but many people hate it because of the night time environment and the bush wookies.

--Teach

For me it's more the lack of vehicles.
But somehow it is almost always close on that map.
I love blowing up the buildings with C4 :devil:

Retro
04-24-2010, 06:27 PM
I played Rush for the first time last night and I was completely lost. I prefer conquest, but I want to learn more about rush. I believe I was playing in Valparaiso Village.

Jackie R
04-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I have only played on a few maps but I really like the Africa Harbor one. That one seems to have the most diversity and accommodates the widest range of playing styles. :cheers:

vendettas-POPS
04-24-2010, 09:58 PM
My favorite is Africa Harbor. The tank battles can be real interesting. After that, you can pick any class and have fun with it. Lots of open spaces for recon and the town is fun for up close shooting. The last two stages are a little iffy but still fun!

ustolemygmrtag
04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Laguna Presa is my Fave. I like the Jungle warfare, and the severe bottlenecks for fighting. The cover in that map is great for sneak attacks and sabotage. :devil:

#1,and 2 M/Comms are really fun to attack and defend. And, for hunting Wookies, there is no better map. B-)

#3 just for the sheer all out brawl type of warfare. Attackers are at a slight disadvantage. But, it all depends on who gets the valley and hill 1st.

#4, and 5. Urban/Jungle all the way. Mix in a little Water, and you have a perfect Sh** Storm of bullets, mortars, Grenades, and RPG's. What a freakin Rush!!! :-o ( Pun intended)

SlapLaB
04-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Laguna Presa is my Fave. I like the Jungle warfare, and the severe bottlenecks for fighting. The cover in that map is great for sneak attacks and sabotage. :devil:

#1,and 2 M/Comms are really fun to attack and defend. And, for hunting Wookies, there is no better map. B-)

#3 just for the sheer all out brawl type of warfare. Attackers are at a slight disadvantage. But, it all depends on who gets the valley and hill 1st.

#4, and 5. Urban/Jungle all the way. Mix in a little Water, and you have a perfect Sh** Storm of bullets, mortars, Grenades, and RPG's. What a freakin Rush!!! :-o ( Pun intended)

I agree for the first three, but the last two are way too difficult to defend. The last one is a joke, the MCOMs are very exposed, they have a Bradley, and there are ways for attackers to get in the defenders' flanks and back (the hill and the blue fence at the back).
I've never seen an attacking team lose at that point.
Actually I think the only time I've seen an attacking team lose was at #3, where the MGs are really well placed to make a killing.

unich
04-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Rush is O.K. but I like Conquest better. Rush just seems too cluster-beeped alot of times. It's too bad they didnt have 10 person teams on SDM. Arica Harbor is probably my favorite to answer the original question... Love that urban warfare, having buildings is a plus and they are fun to blow up :devil:

pyrenus2
04-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I enjoy Rush a lot more when I'm in a good squad, preferably full of MPs. If I'm solo or with strangers, conquest seems more fun.

Jackie R
04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I enjoy Rush a lot more when I'm in a good squad, preferably full of MPs. If I'm solo or with strangers, conquest seems more fun.
Agreed. :cheers: