PDA

View Full Version : In a slump

CHARGE TO 300J
04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
It seems I've regressed with me game play lately. When I first started I was horrible, as expected. Then "I" thought I was getting better, unlocking items and ranking up.

Now I feel like I'm back at rank 1. I can't shoot, I can't hide, I can't do anything right, just playing stupid. :-s

Maybe their are better players in the servers I've been playing, not sure.

Anyone else having issues like this??

unich
04-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Wow dude, I was thinking the same thing!! The last two days, I HAVE REALLY SUCKED!! I'm only an "average" player to begin with but I was getting alright at the game. More kills than deaths, unlocking stuff, getting pretty decent scores. Now i'm gettin' my ass handed to me! 6-9 kills 10-12 deaths X( AAARRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! I know it's just a game but I am determined to get better and be a "good" player. Anyway, I feel your pain....it's discouraging and frustrating, I know. Just keep your head up and do the best you can. Things will turn around eventually hopefully 4 both of us!! :applause:

REMEC87
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
You guys are not alone! The last 2 days have been very depressing for me....my game play has just not been up to par...weird that we are all feeling this recently

Glad I am not alone!

:D

pyrenus2
04-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Absolutely. I have had way too many games lately where I'll end up with 200 points or so, and always twice as many deaths as kills. It gets frustrating when you never see anyone but always get killed. Then if I do see someone and get the drop on them, they just casually turn around and shoot me in the head, like my bullets aren't even hurting them.

Spike Forehand
04-22-2010, 08:48 AM
I have some matches where this happens. Usually I will try to change it up - play a different class or different style.

For instance, if I am running/gunning on assault and getting repeatedly smoked, perhaps I will switch to medic and follow teammates and go for revives - worrying less about kills. Or, if I am playing recon and can't hit the broad side of a barn, I will switch to engineer and start blowing things up with the Gustav.

Too bad there are not riot shields on this game. Whenever I slumped at MW2 I would always switch to riot shield with the throwing knife - always helped to lighten my mood when you come up on someone and see how they react when they can't shoot you - lol.

RATA MUERTA
04-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Bwahahahahahaha I agree SpikeForehand!!! I love taking out the riot shield when things aren't going my way!!
I agree, switching up your class for something different is what I do to combat ineffectiveness. It happens to us all :-" .

SlapLaB
04-22-2010, 09:30 AM
It happens to me every now and then...e.g. a series of games when my KDR hits 0.1 or something... (NB I don't care too much about my KDR, but it's just an indication of how the game has gone, especially when it's *that* low)

In BC2 I think it really depends on other players, because it often happens to me in a series of games (so roughly the same players every game).

If I go to another server I go back to my usual 0.65 or so

Weird... :-?

bigdaddyj2468
04-22-2010, 09:53 AM
yeah. it seems i'm getting worse at this game rather than getting better. been on quite of a losing steak these last few days. but still having fun with team mp.

soulja
04-22-2010, 09:59 AM
The game has been out for a while now, so players are just getting better.
When ever I go into a slump I’ll just play something else because this game will raise your blood pressure if you’re not in the zone. I have great respect for the game…the gameplay is brilliant. Without focus and well planned tatics you’ll probably find yourself cursing at the TV.
been there done that…lol.

dinsdale1978
04-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I can't remember having a slump at all. :)) Just kidding.

I have had matches in which the other team seems to be off duty Marines looking to make me feel like a patient in a coma trying to arm an MCOMM. There are a lot of clans playing much more competitively than I sometimes like to see. The only advice other than taking a break or finding clan mates to at least try something entertaining, is to grab a glass of wine and pretend you are in a terrible war movie. If the same opposing squad seems to pwning you, go to another mode and come back later.

TrojanTeacher
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
yeah. it seems i'm getting worse at this game rather than getting better. been on quite of a losing steak these last few days. but still having fun with team mp.

Yeah, lately I haven't won many matches, but it sure is fun just playing. I try to do my best to assist my squad in getting the BEST SQUAD pin.

--Teach

REMEC87
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Any of you BC2ers wanna join me in a MW2 night? I think a change of pace might help me with my slump.

krisk6
04-22-2010, 01:41 PM
You guys are not alone! The last 2 days have been very depressing for me....my game play has just not been up to par...weird that we are all feeling this recently

Glad I am not alone!

:D

I Have my good and bad games its all in the team work if u have help and spoters u have a good game and I noticed that alot of players are traveling in packs latley makes it easyer to spot. but can be a big threat if they no what there doin. but every one has a bad streak one way or another.

Sckrapps
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
I like to do what Dinsdale recommended - mix up the matches. Rush is my preferred game of choice, but if I'm getting pwned there (like I was yesterday) then I'll switch over to conquest (where I had some awesome games with bigdaddy) or team death-match. Somehow switching the mode can often make a big difference, for me at least.

MrBlitzer72
04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I, too have noticed that the game is getting tougher! I agree with a previous post that people are just getting better now that the game has been out. I see the opposing teams being very aggressive in taking mcomm's lately. I think the key here is teamwork, and spotting...spotting to me is one of the most important aspects of the game. I dont know if any of you remember BF2 or 2142, but spotting has been out for a while now...and ive seen it make or break teams. If you are the last one alive in your squad, and close to a mcomm, stay alive and let your members spawn on you. I wanna start winning! LOL...Playing with all the MP's is freakin great tho! We can pull it together im sure!

~MrBlitzer72

Jackie R
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I, too have noticed that the game is getting tougher! I agree with a previous post that people are just getting better now that the game has been out.
I see what you guys mean. Game is a lot tougher than when I was playing the beta. ;)

Onepoint
04-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Rush is my preferred game of choice, but if I'm getting pwned there (like I was yesterday) Whaddayamean? I bet you were close to being my nemesis last night a couple times. :)

For me, the good rounds are the exception, not the rule, I managed to get everything unlocked so I just play for the mission or fun even if it does get frustrating.

But as MAIceman keeps telling me I should change my gamertag to my initials, EK, for Easy Kill. :D

ustolemygmrtag
04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Last night we went up against some really good teams. I personally think they were glitching. I saw a full squad spawn off a dead guy. And the Lag to the servers is driving me mad. But overall, I will never give up. And neither will Meg. She is getting better and better.

Remember, head on conflict are where we can prosper or fail. But flanking always ends up in a WIN!!!

Sckrapps
04-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Rush is my preferred game of choice, but if I'm getting pwned there (like I was yesterday) Whaddayamean? I bet you were close to being my nemesis last night a couple times. :)

Ha - I don't know about that, but I'll take the compliment. :-" I learned a lot from watching you and MAIceman squad up last weekend. I think that's another good way of breaking a slump, find a couple MP's, guard each other's keisters, and talk A LOT.

vendettas-POPS
04-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Same thing happened to me and my son. I think we both were just really over thinking the game. Took a little break, and then jumped back in. Was like starting over sort of only with the already earned perks. Now If i could just figure out the flying thing? I have mastered the crashing thing pretty well though!

jkodrigues
04-27-2010, 03:39 PM
i think everybody has bad day and bad games
i find myself doing stupid stuff and getting killed over and over if i manage to keep my cool then i will think of the best way to get back in the game
althow sometimes if ur team is bad you cant do anything about it
there are still too many mow players acting like they are going to win on their own or the camping snipers that see no progress in the game and still dont change kit to try and square up to the other team
today i was playing rush in arica and i was killed setting the mcom spawn back just to find out i was the only non sniper out of 12 players the rest where all in the rocks trying to destroy the mcom with mortar

TrojanTeacher
04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Same thing happened to me and my son. I think we both were just really over thinking the game. Took a little break, and then jumped back in. Was like starting over sort of only with the already earned perks. Now If i could just figure out the flying thing? I have mastered the crashing thing pretty well though!

For flying, I recommend setting your controls to Bad Company 1 settings. I think it is easier to fly like that. The left stick will give you your altitude, but most of the controlling will be done with the right stick. You can turn, go forwards and back. The left stick is only going to be used to give you height, that's all. I prefer it over the stock setting.

--Teach

vendettas-POPS
04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
thanks teach! changed the controlls and tried it last night! much better for me. Thanks again

TrojanTeacher
04-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Cool. I really like the fact that the right stick is emphasized and the left stick can be ignored. It really does simplify flying. I can fly circles around an area with ease now. Glad it helped.

--Teach

DayliteMag
04-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Cool. I really like the fact that the right stick is emphasized and the left stick can be ignored. It really does simplify flying. I can fly circles around an area with ease now. Glad it helped.

--Teach

If you change the setting will it only be while flying and then revert back to normal once you are back on terra firma? If so, where do you find the settings to change?

TrojanTeacher
04-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah, it goes back to normal when you're a foot soldier. You can change how you drive tanks, choppers, and cars as well. I think it's in the options menu under controls. I can't remember. I use the Bad Company 1 setup on my controls when I'm in any vehicle. Just makes more sense to me.

--Teach

TheFreak75
05-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Last night I went into slump mode, playing with skrapps, bigdaddy and other MPs, Conquest was a massacre and nothing seemed to go our way. Maybe it was because I was out of action for a couple of days, but it was BAD!.

Retro
05-21-2010, 02:34 PM
After playing RDR the last few days, I completely sucked last night. I kept hitting "Y" to jump on an ATV thinking it was a horse!

TrojanTeacher
05-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Well, it is 'horse powered'. :)) Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night, and twice on Tuesday's. Please, try the nachos.

Sckrapps
05-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Last night I went into slump mode, playing with skrapps, bigdaddy and other MPs, Conquest was a massacre and nothing seemed to go our way. Maybe it was because I was out of action for a couple of days, but it was BAD!.

AIn't that the truth. We were pwned in conquest, and pwned in rush. Pwned attacking and pwned defending. Pwned in a box, and pwned on the rocks. Pwned... OK, you get the idea. MAIceman and I were kind of laughing about it until it got too depressing. I think we just had some bad luck, and nothing that some squadding up wouldn't have fixed. But sometimes you just slump, and I think last night was one of those nights. I'll be back out there this weekend though!

Retro
05-21-2010, 03:21 PM

AIn't that the truth. We were pwned in conquest, and pwned in rush. Pwned attacking and pwned defending. Pwned in a box, and pwned on the rocks. Pwned... OK, you get the idea. MAIceman and I were kind of laughing about it until it got too depressing. I think we just had some bad luck, and nothing that some squadding up wouldn't have fixed. But sometimes you just slump, and I think last night was one of those nights. I'll be back out there this weekend though!
I joined you guys right at the end and was like WTF!! It was a massacre.

MrBlitzer72
05-21-2010, 04:43 PM
It sucks to be in a slump, but I think that its more along the lines of getting into a game with a bunch of higher ranks, or some super gamers...what i normally do in that situation is leave the game, invited my buds to a squad, and go to another server. Especially now that im tryin to get my w/l ratio to positive. Just some food for thought.

Retro
05-21-2010, 05:22 PM
It sucks to be in a slump, but I think that its more along the lines of getting into a game with a bunch of higher ranks, or some super gamers...what i normally do in that situation is leave the game, invited my buds to a squad, and go to another server. Especially now that im tryin to get my w/l ratio to positive. Just some food for thought.
I was so close to getting my K/D to even, but the last few weeks I've just been horrible. I think I'm at .84 now.

CHARGE TO 300J
05-22-2010, 09:20 AM
My k/d is horrible, but I push for the crates pretty hard. You could only kill 1 person all game, but if it's the guy that could disarm when we only have 10 tickets left and it blows, that's fine with me we win.

Onepoint
05-22-2010, 11:46 AM
My k/d is atrocious, but I suffer from slow connections so will always be at a disadvantage. It does get frustrating at times.

Sckrapps
05-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Are you sure it is your connection? I had a similar problem not to long ago and it turned out my modem was dying, and that was slowing everything down.

Try this to test your speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/

We got new internet and TV service not too long ago and this was the website the tech who came out to do the installation used to test it.

CHARGE TO 300J
05-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Well back in the slump again :(( Had a good run for a few weeks then all slumpy again. Not sure what happened but it seems everytime I gain a higher rank in the begining I really suck for a while.
Last night I tried to just slow down and be more observant, didn't score aswell but the k/d was better. Still managed to get some critical kills and defend and arm just not as Ramboish as usual. Took a few notes for thursday on what I saw from the other teams.

Not to place blame but, the lag does play apart when the enemy disappears and skips across the map.

Retro
05-25-2010, 10:08 AM
I honestly think I'm getting worse. Since the last update the game seems to have changed. The adjustments made to weapons just seem dumb. While I could live with the M16 dropping a little power, the M60 & 870 being used as sniper rifles is getting annoying.

TheFreak75
05-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Yo Retro, what happened to you last night ? I sent you a couple of invites to join me in a squad and another for the chat and you never joined. The squad that I was with sucked!!!

Retro
05-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Yo Retro, what happened to you last night ? I sent you a couple of invites to join me in a squad and another for the chat and you never joined. The squad that I was with sucked!!!
I didn't notice until afterwards, I had shut off my noticifcations and didn't see them pop up.

TheFreak75
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
OHHH, It's cool we tought you were having problems with your headset.