View Full Version : Best place to get flag defender pin?

04-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey guys. Last night I skipped out on some glorious MP time and tried to score my last two pins. After playing a couple horrid Squad Deathmatch rounds (with Beeano stalking me, joining the other squads and making a great effort to shoot my ass :)) ) I finally scored my Squad Deathmatch win. The only pin I had left, I thought I had in the bag on White Pass, but with tons of foul words shouted to the heavens, I was passed over for the pin for some reason and my technique of hiding out around flag B was just bringing me pain and suffering. So, I thought I would put it out there...what's your technique to get that elusive flag defend pin? Anybody got a fairly easy system or hiding place that makes it work? Thanks!

04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
To be honest, I got this on a Conquest map that was very unpopulated. I think it was like 3 vs 3. You can get all the flag defend/capture pins easily if the number of people in the game are small. I got those right away. For me, the hardest was getting the Naval Warfare pin. Finally got it and collected all pins, but that last one was a bee-yotch!

04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Look me up when you are on for that pin, I need it too.

Any map will do we just need to make sure we spot the flag and get some kills while defending.

04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! Teach, that's the problem with the stupid server system on the console is I can't find a game with that few of people. It just autojoins me to a map. :(

dinsdale, will do.

I want to get that damn pin. I think one of the best places may be one of the garages on a couple of the levels. Sit up on the second level as medic and pick guys off. Either that or C4 a flag as an assault guy so you can replenish your stock.

04-23-2010, 01:24 PM
I WANT MY FLAG DEFENDER PIN!!!! This one is really hard to get and pissing me off! I swear I have had 4 kills at least two times!! Arrrggghhh. This is an obsession that won't go away. :( And to top it all off last night, while playing White Pass I got a Destruction 2.0 team kill...on a building in base Bravo or Charlie...while crouching in a corner of an empty base Alpha, playing with "whiskers" the rat, because no bad guys would come visit me. How the hell does THAT happen?!!

04-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Leave c4 or mines at one flag and go off to defend another. Rinse and repeat. I believe you just need to defend four flags (correct me if Iím wrong). After getting a kill (or a few) at one flag move out to the next oneÖdonít hang around defending just one flag...I donít think the award will register in this way. I think I received 4 of these pins by staying active on the battlefield. Good luckÖ

04-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks dude, I will give that a try. I tried to send you an invite last night...must have been in the heat of battle, huh? I will catch ya next time! Here's hoping for my flag defend pin!!

04-23-2010, 03:17 PM
your welcome, I saw the invite but got to it too late. I look forward to seeing you and others out there later or on another day...

04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, it's a bit hard for me because I am west coast. I think I got on later than most everyone, so by the time I am ramping up, most people are looking to call it quits. Thanks again for the flag defend tip. I will have to give that a shot on that fall village type map!