PDA

View Full Version : What perks do you use and why?

sureMOE
05-04-2010, 02:45 PM
As I start to unlock most stuff, I am really trying to dive deeper into the strategies of outfitting myself in different ways (and no I don't mean a tutu and tiara to through off the other team and send them into fits of laughter!) I know that perks can change from game to game or vary depending on what class you are or what the other team is doing. But there are perks that everyone gravitates towards. I am an unoriginal poser and use magnum ammo A LOT. But I almost never use body armor. If I am playing Nelson Bay, I will join forces with my best friend Carl and use the added explosives carry perk and the extra explosive damage to clear guys outta buildings and off of ledges. If I am playing Arica Harbor, I will use the extra explosives carry perk to place 6 mines around the first base to debilitate the tanks for whatever team I am not a part of. If I am medic, I like to carry some of the extra heal perks. But I NEVER use the marksman perks for some reason. What kind of perks do you guys favor? What perks have you found really useful and which ones have you found worthless? Any combo that you find to be killer? Are you a hardcore MW2 guy and you can't go anywhere without your 6 grenades? :-" Thanks for the input guys!!

jkodrigues
05-04-2010, 03:07 PM
it depends on what class i run
but normaly i run assault with 4x scop and magnum ammo

TrojanTeacher
05-04-2010, 03:12 PM
RECON: M24; M1911; Mortar; 12x; Spotting Scope; Veh. WarHd.
ASSAULT: XM8; M1911; 40MM Nades or Smoke; Red Dot; Magnum; Veh. WarHd.
ENGINEER: UMP-45; Mines; Extra Mines; Extra Explosion; Veh. WarHd.
MEDIC: M246 SAW; Med Pack; Med H+; Med R+; Veh. WarHd.

I change them up, of course, but that's the basic setup for me.

--Teach

Retro
05-04-2010, 04:47 PM
This is how much of a noob I am, how do you get to use 4x scope and the magnum ammo?

RATA MUERTA
05-04-2010, 05:09 PM
This is how much of a noob I am, how do you get to use 4x scope and the magnum ammo?
You get the scope by leveling up in each class and the magnum ammo at a certain rank, can't remember which.

Retro
05-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I have both, I just thought you had to select one or the other.

ustolemygmrtag
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM

You have 2 weapons lines, 1 equipment line, 2 personal perk lines, and 1 vehicle line. The 4x and Magnum ammo are in 2 different lines. :D

Jackie R
05-04-2010, 05:59 PM
As soon as I unlock a few, I'll let you know. :D

ustolemygmrtag
05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Click me!!!! (http://battlefieldbadass.com/equipment/all-kits/)Check this out.

Scroll down to the bottom for info on all Perks.

jkodrigues
05-05-2010, 04:15 AM
has anyone tryed assault with c4??
should be a good combination cause you can resuply yourself,should be great demolition :))

ustolemygmrtag
05-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Yeah, the only way is to equip a non assault weapon. One without the 40mm grenade. Then you can get C-4 perk. It suck cause you have no Red Dot or Scope.

sureMOE
05-05-2010, 08:55 AM
should be a good combination cause you can resuply yourself,should be great demolition :))

Yeah, the only way is to equip a non assault weapon. One without the 40mm grenade. Then you can get C-4 perk. It suck cause you have no Red Dot or Scope.

I had done this, and it hasn't worked well in the past because I didn't like any of the all-kit guns. But now that I have unlocked the G3, this could end up being a really good combo. You can't use scope or red dot, but it has pretty decent iron sights.

DayliteMag
05-05-2010, 09:37 AM
No one ever talks about the vehicle perks (or not much). I love rockin' the tank class. The more I use the tanks the more I see their benefit in battle and figure out the various strategies. I have unlocked all of the vehicle perks and find myself mostly using the "Quick Reload & High Power Optics" perks. Nothing better than raining down heavy artillery onto the enemy. Open up the MCOMMS and hiding places where the wookies spawn. Get a decent gunner/engineer on-board and now you are doing some serious damage. I've had as many as twenty kills/assists in one tank. The trick is to not get blown up for as long as possible. It is rarely a good idea to drive right into the middle of a battle zone (accept in conquest when driving right up to a flag and switching to the turret gun is a pretty effective way to take the station), but rather hang back from a high vantage point and pound them with the big guns. You won't necessarily get a ton of kills but you can really cause some havoc thereby allowing your teammates to get in close and finish them off. The other team often becomes fixated on trying to blow up the tank and they forget to watch their backs/MCOMMS. Very important to listen to the automated comm that warns you about anti-tank mines. Most of the time the enemy will drop them right in the middle of the road and they are pretty easy to see/blow up.

I seem to have gone off on a tank tangent. Sorry.

dinsdale1978
05-05-2010, 11:40 AM

Ask my squadmates how often I will run Assault with C4 and a shotty. Refilling my own C4 makes many things go boom.

bigdaddyj2468
05-05-2010, 11:49 AM
No one ever talks about the vehicle perks (or not much). I love rockin' the tank class. The more I use the tanks the more I see their benefit in battle and figure out the various strategies. I have unlocked all of the vehicle perks and find myself mostly using the "Quick Reload & High Power Optics" perks. Nothing better than raining down heavy artillery onto the enemy. Open up the MCOMMS and hiding places where the wookies spawn. Get a decent gunner/engineer on-board and now you are doing some serious damage. I've had as many as twenty kills/assists in one tank. The trick is to not get blown up for as long as possible. It is rarely a good idea to drive right into the middle of a battle zone (accept in conquest when driving right up to a flag and switching to the turret gun is a pretty effective way to take the station), but rather hang back from a high vantage point and pound them with the big guns. You won't necessarily get a ton of kills but you can really cause some havoc thereby allowing your teammates to get in close and finish them off. The other team often becomes fixated on trying to blow up the tank and they forget to watch their backs/MCOMMS. Very important to listen to the automated comm that warns you about anti-tank mines. Most of the time the enemy will drop them right in the middle of the road and they are pretty easy to see/blow up.

I seem to have gone off on a tank tangent. Sorry.
also vehicle perks are accumulative so if there is more than one person in the vehicle you have access to what ever perk they have equipped. squad members need to coordinate which vehicle perk they have eqippped so others can equip different ones

SlapLaB
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM
For assault I tend to run Magnum Ammo and Red Dot.

For medic I tend to choose the marksman to try to diminish heavy recoil, and red dot.

For engineer, depends if I go mines (extra explosives + extra damage) or RPGs (usually red dot & Magnum ammo).

For recon, if I run shotguns I use the gauges and extended ammo, otherwise I tend to go 12x scope and magnum ammo, or spotting scope (not that useful IMHO).
Or sometimes VSS + red dot + magnum (my little fav B-) )

For vehicle perk by default (i.e. if I have no intention of getting into one, but I might...) I choose extra armor, because it's the most useful all round IMHO.
When you're a gunner your perk applies to the vehicle, if relevant (so extra armor is applied on top of whatever the driver has).

If I'm going to be a driver I go for extra damage or extra scoping.

dinsdale1978
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
For Assault I run M16 w/grenades, 4x scope and magnum ammo. Tracer pistol when needed.
Engineer I run AK47S w/ CG, +Explosive damage and number. Tracer.
Medic I run M60 or XM8mod, 4x scope and magnum ammo. Tracer. (I switch to med upgrades if the rush team needs it.)
Recon M95, 12x, magnum, with Rex pistol. Though on some close quarter maps I may run VSS with 4x scope and magnum ammo.

As for vehicles I generally run AltW but will put smoke on if there are too many engineers about. I love to use smoke on my Assault but most sqauds don't want to wait for me to drop it.

As for my shotgun obsession, there is something wonderful about sneaking up behind a wookie and asking yourself, "Should I stab him or put some magnum slugs in his silly suit?" Tough decision indeed. Though a C4 at his feet often makes me chuckle. =))