PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What is your favorite Map from the Stimulus Package?

DB4
05-05-2010, 01:51 PM
The Stimulus Package is finally here for users of all platforms to enjoy!

I must say that I am pretty impressed with the new maps myself. I think that as of right now I have enjoyed playing Storm the most. I really like how diverse the map is. It seems to have a little something for everybody: Open levels for long range fighting, numerous corridors for close quarter combat, plenty of places to snipe from, lots of places to camp. As far as Crash and Overgrown are concerned, I don't get excited when I see them pop up on the playlist but at least they are different what we've been playing for the last six months.

@Ra: You've had these maps for a while now...if you go to your regular playlists such as Mercenary TDM, will these maps be in the rotation?

Trez
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I went with Storm. I really like the atmosphere of it and it looks like a great objective based map.

Psalm
05-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I shall submit a vote tonight after a marathon session on all of them.... :)

Psalm
05-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I went with Storm as well after playing all of these last night... Overgrown and Crash were fun as well.
But, Storm is a well layed out map. I like that a lot of the warehouses are connected by catwalks.

TonkaToys
05-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Storm was my favourite after my session last night; although I didn't notice the rain effects?

Might be a bit premature (just ask the wife @-) ) with the vote as I didn't get to play Salvage (snowy one) yet.

EDIT: tried Salvage last night - Don't Like It.

Borlaxx
05-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I will hopefully be able to vote on this soon. I have decided to trade in Grand Theft Auto 4 to get the funds to get the stimulus package maps. I have tried playing that game a few more times since getting it, and the story seems like it would be great, but the controls are really frustrating and the blurry textures make my eyes hurt. Don't know how much I will get for it, but hopefully enough to where I only need to drop a couple more bucks to get a $20 PSN card.

TonkaToys
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I will hopefully be able to vote on this soon. I have decided to trade in Grand Theft Auto 4 to get the funds to get the stimulus package maps. I have tried playing that game a few more times since getting it, and the story seems like it would be great, but the controls are really frustrating and the blurry textures make my eyes hurt. Don't know how much I will get for it, but hopefully enough to where I only need to drop a couple more bucks to get a $20 PSN card.

I really liked Vice City, but GTA4 didn't work for me. I don't know whether it was the less sympathetic character, the grittier storyline or maybe even the fact that the sound-track wasn't so 80s based! I keep meaning to go back and give it another shot, but I've got Assassins Creed 2, Batman and GoW3 screaming out for some game time. And that doesn't even include RB2 RB:TB and FIFA.

Borlaxx
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I really liked Vice City, but GTA4 didn't work for me. I don't know whether it was the less sympathetic character, the grittier storyline or maybe even the fact that the sound-track wasn't so 80s based! I keep meaning to go back and give it another shot, but I've got Assassins Creed 2, Batman and GoW3 screaming out for some game time. And that doesn't even include RB2 RB:TB and FIFA.
I LOVED Vice City, and I really liked San Andreas, but I should have listened to my friends who told me GTA4 wasn't very good. Besides, nothing will top Ray Liotta's character from Vice City as best character EVER in a GTA game.

BostonIrish
05-06-2010, 09:10 AM
I picked Bailout. I think that is the one we played on several times last night. I chose that one just because I got the feel for that one the quickest.

05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I went with Overgrown because I love to snipe (not really that good at though) and I never played COD 4. My next vote would go for Storm because it is so big and there are a lot of high places to get the drop on people. The only time I got frustrated on Storm is when I have played capture the flag. There seem to be a lot of ways to defend one of the flags and not enough for the other.

DB4
05-06-2010, 02:22 PM

you don't even need to get the PSN card. One nice thing about the PSN network is that you can use your credit card for the exact amount that you need to pay. I had $2.52 remaining funds in my wallet then just used my card to pay the remaining $12.47.

Borlaxx
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM

you don't even need to get the PSN card. One nice thing about the PSN network is that you can use your credit card for the exact amount that you need to pay. I had $2.52 remaining funds in my wallet then just used my card to pay the remaining $12.47.
Oh, I know, but if I put it on my credit card the wife will kill me!

Borlaxx
05-07-2010, 07:52 AM
I should be able to get the map pack tonight. After work I am trading in GTA4 and Little Big Planet at Gamestop so I can get a PSN card. Already had planned on trading in GTA4, and was only holding onto LBP because my son previously liked playing it (I think the game is pretty lame) but he said yesterday he doesn't want to play it anymore and he would rather play all the (better) old-school Sonic games and other platformers we have on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection game for PS3 (which I highly recommend for anyone who has young children, or who fondly remembers Genesis classics like the Sonic games, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, etc.).

RATA MUERTA
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
The Stimulus Package is finally here for users of all platforms to enjoy!

I must say that I am pretty impressed with the new maps myself. I think that as of right now I have enjoyed playing Storm the most. I really like how diverse the map is. It seems to have a little something for everybody: Open levels for long range fighting, numerous corridors for close quarter combat, plenty of places to snipe from, lots of places to camp. As far as Crash and Overgrown are concerned, I don't get excited when I see them pop up on the playlist but at least they are different what we've been playing for the last six months.

@Ra: You've had these maps for a while now...if you go to your regular playlists such as Mercenary TDM, will these maps be in the rotation?
Yeah they are in the regular rotation now but for the first week or so just the new maps were in the mixed bag mode, which was fun but I like them in rotation with the old maps.
I voted for Bailout, I like the inside/outside fighting. I did like Storm at first but while playing just the new maps they made Storm come up ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!! It pissed me off so I don't like it that much anymore. I hate it when they put one map in the rotation more than others, that is what made me hate Dome so much in W@W.

DB4
05-07-2010, 07:46 PM
On the first day of release I had Crash pop up 4 times in a row. I was like eff this and bounced out of the lobby. Side Note: I really like how all of the Hardcore Modes are Ricochet style, even TDM. I also like how I don't have to worry about Sabatoge and Capture the Flag popping up. Search and Destroy seems to come up more often. :)

DarksideDave
05-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Just downloaded these and hope to get on over the next few evenings. Vote to follow soon!

Borlaxx
05-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I've played them all and I guess I am the only one who likes salvage the most, probably because the first time I played it I got my first ever tdm mvp and went 26-3 :devil: I have to say, all three brand new maps are great! Even played crash once and it is much better than I remembered it from MWR. Haven't played overgrown yet.