PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss BC1 maps?

sureMOE
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I am still really enjoying BC2, but as I play more and more, I start to get a nostalgic tinge for many if not most of the BC1 maps. I am not saying they are better, or I hate the BC2 maps, but it sure would be so awesome to have the BC1 maps as a free expansion to BC2!!

(Even some of the old BF2 maps would be totally sick as rush maps like Ghost Town, Kubra Damn, Daquin Oil Fields, Dragon Valley, Sharqi Penisula, Strike at Karkand, Warlord, Surge...oh, the memories! :drink: )

Jackie R
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we get them in some future DLC. As far as them being free though... http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/yellowclamp.gif

jkodrigues
05-06-2010, 06:31 PM
i miss them havent play bc1 since the 2 came out maybe one of this days i will go back for a couple of games

Sckrapps
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd love to see some of the BC1 maps, particularly Harvest Day on rush.

SlapLaB
05-07-2010, 02:39 AM
do people still play BC1 or are the servers dead?

geezermdk
05-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Oh yeah..boy do i miss some of the original maps...and yeah some of them would be great for conversion to BBC2

I used to get a feeling of great anticipation when the music was playing before spawn ......then apperaing on the deck of the carrier on wake ;)

Sckrapps
05-07-2010, 06:49 AM
do people still play BC1 or are the servers dead?

Nope, people still play. I've played a couple games with a friend who hasn't upgraded to BC2 (yet) over the past couple weeks, and the servers are still live. The quality of the games was pretty bad though - a lot fewer people on so it was tough to get good matches, and many of the people on were newbs. I was surprised to see so many low-ranking people playing, but I guess you can probably pick up the game pretty cheap these days so a number of people are just toying with it. Most of the skilled players are gone.

Not to mention that after BC2 its pretty tough to go back :p

Borlaxx
05-07-2010, 06:55 AM
I have never played any of the prior Battlefield games, but yes, it would be great to get in some more maps in BC2 as there are not enough IMO. Also would be good to get some maps with more corridor based action in large buildings. All the maps in BC2 are wide open with small buildings and prone to wookie pwnage.

Jackie R
05-07-2010, 07:07 AM
I have never played any of the prior Battlefield games, but yes, it would be great to get in some more maps in BC2 as there are not enough IMO. Also would be good to get some maps with more corridor based action in large buildings. All the maps in BC2 are wide open with small buildings and prone to wookie pwnage.
That's a really good point. I would like to see a couple of maps that were a little less open as well to change up the pace a little bit. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/good.gif

SlapLaB
05-07-2010, 08:36 AM
I don't know...

On the other hand closed maps can suffer from "corridor shoot-outs" i.e. it's the guy who presses the trigger the fastest who wins...

I haven't played MW2, but in MW1 I found there were a few maps which were terrible due that aspect (combined with the incessant frag fest)

Borlaxx
05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't know...

On the other hand closed maps can suffer from "corridor shoot-outs" i.e. it's the guy who presses the trigger the fastest who wins...

I haven't played MW2, but in MW1 I found there were a few maps which were terrible due that aspect (combined with the incessant frag fest)
I understand that, but I guess I feel the opposite. I would rather have face offs that come down to who has the better aim and quicker reflexes than who can stand on a hill halfway across the map and snipe you over and over because you can't get to them without running out in the open for large expanses of the map. Guess it just comes down to preference, and anymore I prefer the fast paced in-your-face action of a COD game compared to the snipefests that BC2 almost always turns into. I swear, 90% of the time I am killed it is by a sniper. IMO sniping is WAY too easy in this game. If they had the sway like the COD games it would be much more fair, but the way it is now it is almost a game breaking flaw to me. Still, it is good to have options between FPS games so people like you and I can pick our poison based on our preference. :)

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
I think the fact that BC2 has bullet drop balances out the swaying in MW2. I actually thought that MW2 was easier for me to snipe in. Last night, on Valparaiso, I was in the light house sniping people near the 2nd to last MCOM positions. I would say close to a mile away. I had to raise my scope two clicks above the target in order to hit them (350+ markmanship pts.). Sometimes less, sometimes more. I love that you have to think about the bullet traveling. Makes the headshot more rewarding. As for close quarters maps, choke points would be a problem with BC2 (i.e. airport map in MW2). I think that's the beauty of BC2 compared to MW2. BC2 concentrates on the perimeter battles of a territory where MW2 concentrates it in the urban setting. Both are cool. I think that's why owning both games is a must, that way you get both sides of the action.

As for the maps: I would love for them to port ALL the BF2 maps. Those were great maps.

--Teach

soulja
05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I missed all the maps. I would love to see some, if not all of them make a return.

SlapLaB
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Interesting... I rarely get killed by a sniper... and I do get killed a lot (but mostly by M60 I would say)

Maybe I've developed a second-nature at avoiding sniper fire (never stay in one place for two long, avoid open spaces...)

This is becoming kind of off-topic now... ;)

Borlaxx
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM
You're welcome :smug: :p

Sckrapps
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Skipping hardcore seems to help with avoiding the bush-wookies. It is much harder for snipe-fests to develop when you know exactly where they are, as I for one will make a special point of hunting down any sniper that gets me more than once. On hardcore you have no clue where they are, and if you try counter-sniping they are more likely to get you before you can find 'em.

I like hard-core, but sometimes the sniping can be a bit much and I'll have to return to a normal game to keep my sanity.

bigdaddyj2468
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Skipping hardcore seems to help with avoiding the bush-wookies. It is much harder for snipe-fests to develop when you know exactly where they are, as I for one will make a special point of hunting down any sniper that gets me more than once. On hardcore you have no clue where they are, and if you try counter-sniping they are more likely to get you before you can find 'em.

I like hardcore, but sometimes the sniping can be a bit much and I'll have to return to a normal game to keep my sanity.
I agree. Way to many snipers in hardcore games. You cant hardly move without getting sniped.played a little harcore last night and could'nt hardly move without getting shot by sniper. It ruins the experience for me.

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
The thing about HC sniping is that even if I hit you in the toe, you're dead. That's pretty stupid.

--Teach

sureMOE
05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Interesting... I rarely get killed by a sniper... and I do get killed a lot (but mostly by M60 I would say)

Maybe I've developed a second-nature at avoiding sniper fire (never stay in one place for two long, avoid open spaces...)

I am the same here. I almost never get killed by snipers...but I also never play hardcore. I am mostly getting killed by Assault and Medics way more than the other two classes.

I think tight urban maps can become too nuts and corridor battles just scream grenade spamming. Although Strike at Karkand, Warlord and Ghost Town from the BF2 series were super SICK urban warfare maps with an awesome balance of vehicles. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see those 3 as rush maps, they sure as hell were crazy fun as conquest!