PDA

View Full Version : Arming M-Comms

unich
05-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Hey, question. I've been watching different people arming M-Comms pretty quickly. It takes me much longer to arm them. I know you press and hold B to arm but is there something else to do to quicken the process? Seriously, it takes me like twice as long as i've seen other people do.
unich

On a side note, kicked some major tail last night on rush (I got best player 3 times!!) I know Freak was in there and a couple of others. Good job team :applause:

Onepoint
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
The only way I can do it is wait. I suspect they do it the same way they get the semi auto M95, and full auto 1911s :-?

Jackie R
05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Is it possible that the MCOMM gets armed quicker if there is more than one person trying to arm it?

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 09:46 AM
What I usually do (if playing Recon, Engineer, or Assault) is I get to the MCOM, put all my payload on it (mines or C4), then arm it. It takes the same time to arm no matter what. Once armed, I wait for an unsuspecting player to try to disarm then I either click the C4 to go BOOM or I throw a grenade at the mines and BOOM! Either way, I usually get 100 points for the MCOM destroyed, about 50-100 points for kills when the explosives go off, about 100-150 points for causing objective damage, and ... hehe ... -10 for a suicide. ;) Good way to get points and cause some damage. Some squads run in pairs and just lay 12 C4's on the MCOM and then INSTA-BOOM!

Remember, there are many ways to arm the MCOM, you don't necessarily have to see the MCOM to arm it.

--Teach

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Just thought I'd add this, since I've gotten some PM's on my last comment:

You can arm Mcom-A on Arica Harbor (the bus one) outside of the bus. You can arm Mcom-A on Laguna Presa (last one) from under, you just need to stand on a teammates back...did this last night with medicalwaste. Same goes for Mcom-B on Valparaiso (the one on the water). Many of them can be armed as long as you're close by.

--Teach

sureMOE
05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Just thought I'd add this, since I've gotten some PM's on my last comment:

You can arm Mcom-A on Arica Harbor (the bus one) outside of the bus. You can arm Mcom-A on Laguna Presa (last one) from under, you just need to stand on a teammates back...did this last night with medicalwaste. Same goes for Mcom-B on Valparaiso (the one on the water). Many of them can be armed as long as you're close by.

--Teach

You can also C4 the M-COM from below on Valparaiso (the water one), but once you blow the floor, then there is a bug that won't let you slap more C4 on it from underneath...kinda frustrating! :-w

sureMOE
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Also, to go along with that...if you want to play run and gun recon with C4 or C4 carrying assault, the G3 makes a really really nice gun for it! I seem to always get my ass kicked when carrying any of the shotguns (except the quick shot shotguns). It's definitely a nice way to level up those classes and have some extra bang power to help your rushing squad out!

unich
05-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated :cheers:

geezermdk
05-08-2010, 03:12 AM
well i tend to run as engineer alot of the time and i love blowing up the mcoms by introducing them to my friend Carl Gustav....had a great battle the other day with willie-pep and beeno..they covered my ass whilst i blew hell outta the mcoms from the crest of the hill on the last leg of Isla Inocentes...great fun ;)