PDA

View Full Version : Hind lag

dinsdale1978
05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
[yt:1ucvr3ri]P8_RmDSiAug[/yt:1ucvr3ri]

Sometimes even life glitches. (I know this is an optical illusion so don't think me silly.)

imported_BigDaddyPine
05-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Wow, that is trippy. I wonder how tough it was to get the shutter speed synced up w/ the blades. Pretty awesome effect!

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Okay, this is totally going to sound stupid, but it works. For those of you that can make a "machine gun" sound with your mouth. Look at a helicopter and start doing it. For some reason, the vibrations make the propeller stutter in relationship to our eyes and you can see the blades. Don't even bother asking me how I found out, I was bored or something...

--Teach

imported_BigDaddyPine
05-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Okay, this is totally going to sound stupid, but it works. For those of you that can make a "machine gun" sound with your mouth. Look at a helicopter and start doing it. For some reason, the vibrations make the propeller stutter in relationship to our eyes and you can see the blades. Don't even bother asking me how I found out, I was bored or something...

interesting thought. I bet holding a vibrating cell phone to your head would do the same thing... The magic coming from those little vibrations kicking in your 'persistence of vision' so that the image of the blade is held in your optic nerve(?) while your eyes readjust to the new position of your head and the blades.

REMEC87
05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Did realize the MPs had a MENSA division! Nerd Alert!
:P

ellison81
05-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Did realize the MPs had a MENSA division! Nerd Alert!
:P

:)) =))

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 04:36 PM
so that the image of the blade is held in your optic nerve(?) while your eyes readjust to the new position of your head and the blades.

Yeah, what he said... @-)

Did realize the MPs had a MENSA division! Nerd Alert! :P

I'm more of a MENSO, though. ;)

--Teach

StrawHousePig
05-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Try it while looking at a red LED clock. @-)