PDA

View Full Version : New Patch Coming!!

ellison81
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Check it out!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... nced.aspx# (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/05/05/consoling-the-unbalanced.aspx#)#

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I was reading the posts on that site and I can't believe one guy said, "I think Snipers need more protection in the form of claymores." Whatever. It's bad enough you camp out, now you want to protect yourself while you camp out. How about you take your eye out of the scope to throw a recon mine. Now that's an idea.

--Teach

Retro
05-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I was reading the posts on that site and I can't believe one guy said, "I think Snipers need more protection in the form of claymores." Whatever. It's bad enough you camp out, now you want to protect yourself while you camp out. How about you take your eye out of the scope to throw a recon mine. Now that's an idea.

--Teach
I think Snipers should stick to their name, Recon and actually start spotting!

TrojanTeacher
05-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Preachin' to the choir! Amen! A lot of MP's here do it right; always telling us where the enemies are and spotting them. That's Recon!

--Teach

geezermdk
05-08-2010, 03:06 AM
yeah agree totaly with that....when i do switch to recon i spam the spot button and always throw some air bombardmant as soon as its available even if its to knock down some cover from the enemy...its suprising how quick you can destroy an mcom building with it when aimed in the correct areas.

jkodrigues
05-08-2010, 05:02 AM
i think that people have the wrong idea about rocon
recon spot from a distance
other classes should spot too,sometimes your an assault spot 4 guys kill 1 or 2 and the rest kill you but if you spoted your team mates will kill them,if ypu didnt spot then they will just cary on killing.just remember you can be dead and still get some points for spoting

Onepoint
05-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Heh, I think I am wearing out my back button out spotting in normal mode.

The only thing I really wish they could change in a update is send a high voltage feedback pusle that fries the console of hackers. ;)

MrBlitzer72
05-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Yea-I was wondering if there were many people who modded their xbox or something to cheat on the game, so I did some research, and besides some glitching that occurs in some of the maps, which is bfbc2's fault...I havent really found any cheats per-say that are out for the game...Now the PC version is a totally different story...I used to play all of the Battlefield series games on the PC, and stopped playing them because of the aimbots and other cheats. So at least that is a little reassuring...hopefully they get all the map bugs worked out, and nerf the overpowered guns.

Beano
05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Yea-I was wondering if there were many people who modded their xbox or something to cheat on the game, so I did some research, and besides some glitching that occurs in some of the maps, which is bfbc2's fault...I havent really found any cheats per-say that are out for the game...Now the PC version is a totally different story...I used to play all of the Battlefield series games on the PC, and stopped playing them because of the aimbots and other cheats. So at least that is a little reassuring...hopefully they get all the map bugs worked out, and nerf the overpowered guns.

I also am coming over to console from PC gaming. The very reason I left the PC were the hack and cheats I noticed. It sucked always wondering if the guy that just killed you was cheating or just good. This is my very first console shooter game and it's nice knowing that when you do get killed either they just got the drop on you, or had a better reaction time.

When playing as any class I always spot them first before shooting just in case they do kill me first. This also helps keep track of them if they move behind cover as you can still see them moving for a short time. I've been able to use this to see what direction they are going to try and get me. Of course if it's close quarters there is no time for this:D

dinsdale1978
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I see they are messing with my M16. Glad I only need one more star to get platinum.

Can't wait to practice with my faster tracer gun. /:)

DayliteMag
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I see a few of changes should impact the chopper runners:

"Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets"
"Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons"
"Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets"

Given that I simply cannot seem to get the hang of piloting a chopper, I like these changes. Mind you, they are also going to make it that much harder for me to ever get good at flying a chopper. The Yin and Yang of BFBC2!

Retro
05-10-2010, 04:09 PM
At some point I will find the courage to finally fly a chopper.

TrojanTeacher
05-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Daylite, try changing the settings to BC1 settings for choppers, made a world of difference for me.

--Teach

Jackie R
05-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Daylite, try changing the settings to BC1 settings for choppers, made a world of difference for me.

--Teach
Using southpaw controls works pretty good as well.

Good news about the tracer dart. I have so much trouble tagging a chopper with that thing. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/crazyhunter.gif

Onepoint
05-10-2010, 06:25 PM
which is bfbc2's fault...I haven't really found any cheats per-say that are out for the game..Aside from my lagging etc and seeing the porous wall glitch up close and personal, I have from time to time on my many kill cam views seen full auto 1911s and semi auto m95s. Then The other night I was in a match on Isla Inocentes in the second Mcom area and an enemy squad was continually spawning behind the buildings despite have both MComs intact. I decided to look around a bit and there are some who claim hacks for the Xbox, no doubt its probably better than the PC with Punk buster, but its still there.

DayliteMag
05-11-2010, 12:10 PM

--Teach

Hey Teach, I've heard this before. Can you tell me how to change the settings and would it revert back once out of the chopper?

TrojanTeacher
05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
It's in the option menu under controls. It's a preset, so you just have to choose it. If you don't like it, then go back to the BC2 preset. Can't walk you through it as I'm not in front of my 360 right now. Damn this thing called WORK!!! It's really made flying easy for me. Last night, Zero was my gunner and I just kept strafing back and forth on the hill before the last two MCOMs and slaughtering the opposition.

--Teach

DayliteMag
05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
It's in the option menu under controls. It's a preset, so you just have to choose it. If you don't like it, then go back to the BC2 preset. Can't walk you through it as I'm not in front of my 360 right now. Damn this thing called WORK!!! It's really made flying easy for me. Last night, Zero was my gunner and I just kept strafing back and forth on the hill before the last two MCOMs and slaughtering the opposition.

--Teach

Thanks, Teach. I'll give it a try.

jkodrigues
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
did the patch really came out today?
because i just went on my xbox started the game and no patch was applyed

TrojanTeacher
05-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I did the same thing earlier and nothing happened. Maybe this time, PS3 is getting it first. =)) ;)

--Teach

jkodrigues
05-11-2010, 01:38 PM
i just went on the battlefield site and they say the update is on the servers not the consoles wierd :-s

TrOjAn HeX
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM
That is weird.

CHARGE TO 300J
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Did some reading today on Xbox.com about the patch. I still haven't played myself yet but from what I hear the Blackhawk is now pretty worthless due to a faster tracer. Still hard to hit the Apache but it is possible now. I forsee a xmas tree Blackhawk in my future ;)

TrojanTeacher
05-11-2010, 02:50 PM
No more HIND raping!!! YAY!

--Teach

TrojanTeacher
05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
The server update for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is rolling out to all servers today for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The new server adds a bunch of weapon tweaks which should balance gameplay and make other weapons more appealing. To see what has changed with the new server release take a look at Demize99's blog post, Consoling the Unbalanced and the Ch Ch Changes blog post. You can also discuss the changes on the Official Battlefield Forums.

I'm guessing that the tweaks happen on the servers that monitor the game so the setting are probably uploaded (or downloaded) to (or from) the XBOX 360 / PS3 and become universal.

--Teach

Borlaxx
05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Merging topic. Please check to see if there is a topic already posted on a subject before starting a new one. The multiple threads are getting out of hand.