PDA

View Full Version : The Respawn System

DB4
05-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Can anyone explain the respawn system?

From what I can tell, the respawn system is not completely random. As an example, on Domination if my my team is in control of C flag and I die, I will respawn by C flag. It seems that knowing where enemy territory is, is key to doing well. Especially if you are trying to get high kill streaks.

Any input on this would be great.

Psalm
05-13-2010, 09:05 AM
I know that in Domination that if you have say flags A & B. that the enemy will spawn at flag C all the time...unless you push to close to C.
Otherwise the spawn system sucks

Borlaxx
05-13-2010, 09:19 AM
It does seem to be related to where your team is. If I die, and my team is located in the same area and kills my attacker, I will often spawn just feet from my body. The problems develope when your whole team is trapped in a corner and u keep spawning there. There do seem to be set spawn points if ur team is spread out all over the place, and some dbags take advantage of that. Still, I like it better than the BC2 spawn system where u either spawn on a squad mate, which is rather unrealistic and kind of cheap, or at one set spawn point, which leads to asshole snipers spawn raping people over and over again. Although I have never played the game, the spawn system in MAG seems like a good idea as your parachute down from the sky and can pick ur landing area to a certain degree.

DB4
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I know that in Domination that if you have say flags A & B. that the enemy will spawn at flag C all the time...unless you push to close to C.
Otherwise the spawn system sucks

Note to self:

Wait until my team has control of 2 flags before I call in my chopper gunner. ;)