PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who is getting Red Dead Redemption?

REMEC87
05-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Are you getting a copy? Which console? I figure this will help the other MPs like myself who are on the fence about it.

theczech99
05-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Just waiting for it to ship. I知 going straight online to build up some XP so I知 not using the donkey in MP mode!!!

Psalm
05-14-2010, 08:48 AM
I am unsure at this point. I am waiting to hear about the MP. I have heard it may not be that good. I am also not buying games anymore unless I can play a Demo or they are well known brands (Like COD). Or I can get some real live feedback via a member here.

Borlaxx
05-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Not sure. Will wait to hear some feedback. I didn't care for GTA4, mainly due to the controls, and I know this game is made by the same company and is the same type of game.

ustolemygmrtag
05-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, Meghan is a Huge fan of the Old West. So, I will be getting that for her. BTW, I think RDD is a RPG only, no online or Multi player.

StrawHousePig
05-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Maybe. Probably try to rent it first, though. I have Gun from Neversoft and it was an OK time waster.

theczech99
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Well, Meghan is a Huge fan of the Old West. So, I will be getting that for her. BTW, I think RDD is a RPG only, no online or Multi player.

There are several different types of MP games for Red Dead and if you purchase the game early, there will be a DLC for free that contains co-op missions.

Jackie R
05-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I didn't care for GTA4, mainly due to the controls, and I know this game is made by the same company and is the same type of game.
I agree. The controls in GTAIV were horrible for online play.

I was thinking about getting it but I have barely gotten my feet wet with Bad Company 2. Besides, I just don't have the time to play a bunch of online games at the same time. Maybe in a few months, I'll give it a look but mostly for the SP if I hear that's it any good.

RATA MUERTA
05-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I went ahead and said no, I dislike third person shooters and find them hard to get into. Especially the online play, I tried it on MW2 and it is horrible, you can't really hide behind a wall without being totally obvious!!! Besides, with Bioshock2, Borderlands, and AC1 to finish I have plenty to play, not to mention BC2 and MW2.

SlapLaB
05-14-2010, 11:35 AM
AC1

I wouldn't bother if I were you...

The missions are repetitive like hell; I finished it but at that time I was still single... :D

Toxic Avenger72
05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I知 going straight online to build up some XP so I知 not using the donkey in MP mode!!!

Yeah, I think the donkey will be like a moped. They may be fun to ride but you better not let your friends see you on one. L-)

Retro
05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Hoping I get this as an early Fathers Day gift.

Beano
05-15-2010, 06:46 PM
I am looking forward for some MP posse action. I will be getting it for sure. I usually play single player at first but look forward to riding my donkey into action:D

DB4
05-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I am not getting it unless I can shoot nube tubes, teleport melee, and hack the leaderboards.

Really, I am not sure. probably not because i will. Be spending more $ on MW2 and then GT5 and Black Ops. 3rd person doesn't bother me. 3rd person in MW2 is excellent once you get used to it.

ripple
05-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Just curious to know if any MP'ers here are going to possie-up with RDR? It releases tomorrow and looks rather good.

0313Gunner
05-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Just curious to know if any MP'ers here are going to possie-up with RDR? It releases tomorrow and looks rather good.

I'm really considering it. I have had a gamestop gift card burning a hole in my pocket since Christmas.

TrojanTeacher
05-17-2010, 02:46 PM
AC1 is a great game. It is repetitive and the inability to choose your own path is a bit of a minus. The game itself is great! I loved it. Ra, you need to finish that game and then get AC2. OMG, that game has got to be one of the best games I've ever played. You gain the freedom to move anywhere, anytime. You get TWO hidden blades. Animations are awesome as well. I would definitely give AC2 a 10/10.

TrOjAn HeX
05-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Well I am thinking of getting RDR because I have played most of the GTA games and I own GTA4. I just want the multiplayer to be better than GTA4 multi.

imported_BigDaddyPine
05-18-2010, 09:46 AM
I am pretty new to BFBC2. I need to get some more milage out of it before i think about moving to another game. (although depending on teamMP reviews, that opinion may change. Especially if all my [MP] squadmates go AWOL on BF. :( )

ripple
05-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Well I am thinking of getting RDR because I have played most of the GTA games and I own GTA4. I just want the multiplayer to be better than GTA4 multi.

I picked up RDR this morning. I surely hope the multiplayer doesn't turn out like BioShock 2. It appears there is a lot of game modes, with a co-op feature coming in June. Unfortunately, I don't think it will even come close to the multiplayer in BFBC2, but I'm always open for a good surprise. We'll see how it turns out, and I think it may be a good "change of scenery" for a while.

RATA MUERTA
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
AC1 is a great game. It is repetitive and the inability to choose your own path is a bit of a minus. The game itself is great! I loved it. Ra, you need to finish that game and then get AC2. OMG, that game has got to be one of the best games I've ever played. You gain the freedom to move anywhere, anytime. You get TWO hidden blades. Animations are awesome as well. I would definitely give AC2 a 10/10.
Ohhhhh I know I have 50/50 achievements for that game :x , I saw a friend was playing AC1 so after she was done she gave me that one and once I got 100% on my Achievements I lent her AC2. Even though I finished everything for it, I still would love to run around and messing with all the guards, because I can :devil: . I can't wait till the come out with AC3! I loved the smoke bombs and poison and the fact that he can swim this time!!!

Thread Hijack over....

Jackie R
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I am pretty new to BFBC2. I need to get some more milage out of it before i think about moving to another game. (although depending on teamMP reviews, that opinion may change. Especially if all my [MP] squadmates go AWOL on BF. :( )
I was thinking the same. Although I am having a blast in BC2, that will in all likelihood change if I can only squad up with the general public. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/yellowshifty.gif

dinsdale1978
05-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I am looking forward for some MP posse action. I will be getting it for sure. I usually play single player at first but look forward to riding my donkey into action:D

Regulators roll out.

soulja
05-21-2010, 12:20 PM
I have it but didn稚 try out the multiplayer yet. I liked the first Red Dead and so far I知 feeling the sequel too. Still like my BFBC thou

Glad to see Max Payne is making a come back too.

ripple
05-21-2010, 01:15 PM
RDR is a great game. From my MP friends list, it appears a lot are playing.

jkodrigues
05-22-2010, 06:35 AM
i got my copy yesterday but i will be playing single player until the end before i go in to multy,i always do that i like to get use to keys and gameplay

SlapLaB
05-22-2010, 07:15 AM
my local supermarket ran out of the ps3 version... but not the xbox...

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg :cuss:

Sckrapps
05-23-2010, 12:11 PM
It looks interesting but I'll probably wait awhile. I'm really into BC2 right now so don't feel the need to pick up a new game. I love RPG's and still haven't gotten to Dragon Age: Origins either, and then the grandaddy of 'em all, Civ 5, comes out for the 2010 holidays. RDR looks awesome, but there are more awesome games than gaming hours, sadly.

Jackie R
05-23-2010, 02:15 PM
...there are more awesome games than gaming hours, sadly.
Couldn't agree more. ;)

soulja
05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, that痴 for sure^^. I知 trying to finish RDR campaign before the week is out (almost done) because there are a few more titles I知 interested in as well. I also need to get back into my other games I haven稚 finished yet. To name a fewGTA4, Bioshock2, Fallout3,Kane&Lynch,Army of 2,Killzone,ResdientEviland so on

I never had this problem back in the dayIf only there was more time in a day

SlapLaB
05-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Just found a place online which still has a few PS3 copies :cheers:

So will be joining you guys soon (on a donkey) L-)

theczech99
05-24-2010, 10:45 AM

When you decide to go online, choose to play private MP so you don稚 have some jerk trying to kill you on your donkey. Then ride your donkey or transport to the nearest gang hideout to level up. It will not take long to kiss your ass goodbye! One gang hideout by yourself should rank you up to around level 4 or 5. I think at level 3 you get your first horse.

DB4
05-24-2010, 11:14 AM

When you decide to go online, choose to play private MP so you don稚 have some jerk trying to kill you on your donkey. Then ride your donkey or transport to the nearest gang hideout to level up. It will not take long to kiss your ass goodbye! One gang hideout by yourself should rank you up to around level 4 or 5. I think at level 3 you get your first horse.

why even go through all that? all i did to get a horse was kill someone (an NPC) that was riding one and then jump on his horse. done. horse was mine. I never even rode a donkey. I found that it is also best to just find someone on a trail between towns when you do this as to not create a bounty.

Jackie R
05-26-2010, 07:12 AM
OK...I should be picking this up tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to posse up with a few of you.

http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/pony.gif

theczech99
05-26-2010, 07:26 AM
OK...I should be picking this up tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to posse up with a few of you.

Here is a list of guys you can look for when playing online that you should know form BC2: Beano, krisk6, spike4hand, dinsdale, ellison, Borlax and me. SlapLab just got his game yesterday, so I知 sure he will be in too.

Borlaxx
05-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Hoping to get in some game time soon. The wife has been having the pregnancy ills, so I have been logging off the PS3 as soon as she gets home from class to pay attention to her, so I haven't been playing RDR. Hopefully this weekend.

SlapLaB
05-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Here is a list of guys you can look for when playing online that you should know form BC2: Beano, krisk6, spike4hand, dinsdale, ellison, Borlax and me. SlapLab just got his game yesterday, so I知 sure he will be in too.

Yep, got it...

I played a bit the SP and struggled with the controls...
I'm so used to BC2, UC2 & co that having to fire with R2 and hide with R1 is just too hard for me...

I'm quite tired today so not sure if I will be on tonight when you guys are.

SlapLaB
05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
The wife has been having the pregnancy ills

Good luck... that's not fun :(

Borlaxx
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
The wife has been having the pregnancy ills

Good luck... that's not fun :(
Yup. Even though she has been telling me to "go play your game" I would feel like a jerk doing so while she feels like garbage. Some things are more important than gaming.........damnit.......LOL!

Jackie R
05-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Thanks czech...I'll fire off a message to you guys when I log on. Looking forward to it. http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/smilie_daumenpos.gif

geezermdk
05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
well couldnt resist anymore...got myself a copy...only been on a little at moment just to see what it was like.....

hey does my ass look big from the rear ??? ha ha............... eeh aaaww eeh aawwww

looking forward to posse'in up with you all.....

did a funny/stupid thing tho...went to a bandit type town and as i approached i saw an enemy and hit select to light them up with a big orange triangle and all i got was the menu...stupid battlefield me. ;)

Beano
05-27-2010, 05:24 PM
My first impressions of the game are that at first the free roam is fun but almost has that warcraft grind type feeling to it. To go out searching everywhere to kill rabbits and pick flowers for challanges is ok for awhile but gets old rather fast. The gang hideouts are fun for awhile also, but it isn't very tough and also is good for short periods of entertainment. Riding with friends in a posse is a bit more fun but in free roam there isn't a whole lot to do other than the above mentioned achievments.

I have tried the pvp games with other mp's and they are fun. For me though they are entertaining but not long lasting. It just seems they don't give me the adrenaline rush that BC2 offers.

jkodrigues
05-29-2010, 05:35 AM
i think the single player is quite good and will last a few days if you dont go straight out for the missions,there is lots of side missions and chanlanges that make the game bigger.the multy player i played only twice and i have to say is disapointing,overall i think its a fun game,but bc2 is for me the game of the year and the one i will spend more time playing

DarksideDave
06-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Got around to getting a copy yesterday at last. Finally decided a change from MW2 was needed. Only had a few hours play up to now and not been on line yet but really enjoying it. Impressed so far. Looking forward to riding with the MP posse! :-bd

Jackie R
06-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Got around to getting a copy yesterday at last. Finally decided a change from MW2 was needed. Only had a few hours play up to now and not been on line yet but really enjoying it. Impressed so far. Looking forward to riding with the MP posse! :-bd
Hopefully, we will be able to get a large posse going. The biggest that I have been in so far is 4 people but I think that has more to do with the fact that I'm on pretty early in the evening (8 - 10 PM EDT).

Borlaxx
06-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I may be able to get a pass from the wife to play tonight. If so I will try to join you.

bigdaddyj2468
06-11-2010, 06:53 AM
just got it yesterday.Early fathers day present.jumped into free roam a little bit last night. looking forward to posseing up with some fellow mp's.

DarksideDave
06-12-2010, 02:31 PM
on my hols for 2 wks from tomorrow. Don't shoot my donkey when i get back.