PDA

View Full Version : Default sensitivity or custom on controller?

sureMOE
05-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I have seen a number of references about bumping up the sensitivity on the controller, which will give you the drop on guys because it shaves off your reaction time. I have considered doing this, but also wondering if your gain here would be trumped by a higher tendency to overshoot the target because of that same sensitivity. Any of you done tests with this kind of thing? What are your results? Have you noticed a difference? Thanks!

sureMOE!

ellison81
05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
I have tried the higher. I just tend to aim horrible at any distance greater than 20 ft or so. So I have mine set at i think 3 or for clicks from the left. Its under halfway. Hope that helps!

Ty

unich
05-15-2010, 07:51 AM
I have mine set a little higher than default, it personally helps me w/ reaction time but as you mentioned sometimes it can mess you up. I would try maybe 2 or 3 clicks to the right and try it out. I will say this, it does take a little getting used to but overall I think it helps.

ustolemygmrtag
05-15-2010, 09:49 AM
I have mine set on 8 ATM, If you want better reaction times, with a higher accuracy rate do this.

Every 10 to 20 games you bump the Sensitivity up 1 notch. This gives you the ability to master the speed change in steps. When I started playing FPS games, I had a K/D ratio of .40. But as I did this I became better and now I am at a k/d of .80. (That is including when my wife plays too) Most of the Pro gamers use 8 or higher on the sensitivity. I am getting to the point that I am going to bump it up to 9.

Also, another hint. If you are in close quarters, DO NOT AIM!!! just pull the trigger with the enemy in the middle of the screen. ( 10M or less) I am still getting used to doing this. since I have started doing this, I have upped my survival rate in CQC by at lease 40%.

unich
05-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Good to know about the aim thing... I have a bad habit of doing that but recently have started firing more from the hip in CQC. Doing this also enables you to move out of harms way a little better.

krisk6
05-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I have seen a number of references about bumping up the sensitivity on the controller, which will give you the drop on guys because it shaves off your reaction time. I have considered doing this, but also wondering if your gain here would be trumped by a higher tendency to overshoot the target because of that same sensitivity. Any of you done tests with this kind of thing? What are your results? Have you noticed a difference? Thanks!

sureMOE!

I have it about 3 quarters of theway up its all in what your used 2 that will help more than turning it all the way up.

0313Gunner
05-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I have mine 1 or 2 clicks above the standard settings. If I have it up too much than i find that I'm just flailing around.

jkodrigues
05-15-2010, 04:34 PM
i still use the default settings it works for me,but maybe i should try puting it up a bit maybe i will get better