PDA

View Full Version : To shoot or find cover?

ProfUnderDog
05-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Especially since I have been gaming with you all (which has been a blast), I've been faced with this decision more and more. You are moving from one position to the next when you spot one or more bad guys running towards another squad/position. You spot them naturally, but you also have time to take at least one of them out. Unfortunately, doing so 1) reveals your position, and 2) leaves you out in the open while you are taking the shot. So far I have been taking the shot, but wanted to get other opinions. Obviously, in real life you get to cover and stay alive, but this is a game after all. So Team MP, do you take the shot or get to cover and trust that the other squad can deal with it? Does it matter if you could'nt spot all of the bad guys?

TrojanTeacher
05-15-2010, 02:06 AM
I think it depends on how close you are to your objective. IF you're just around the corner, then let them pass. IF you're far from it, then eliminate the enemy.

jkodrigues
05-15-2010, 03:57 AM
i always spot first and then go for the kill,if i get them good if not someone else will.,only if i am inside enemy lines i wait for my squade mates to spwan on me

geezermdk
05-15-2010, 04:03 AM
yeah i agree with the post above.....depends if your close to an objective and shooting the enemy would comprimise that position....

example....i was playing a rush with willie-pep and had spawned on him not far from enetering the enemy base and as i spawned willie died....i saw on mini map that ther was two enemy left ..(willie-pep killed one as he died) the enemy were advancing away from ther base and had not seen me spawn so i reckoned it was better to spot them again lighting them up and this then allowed me to stay alive until willie had spawned on me..we went on to destroying the mcomm and winning the round....

i reckon had i opened fire that not only the 2 enemy but others defending the base would have noticed my position for definate probably ending up with myself getting killed and the squad having to start over again from our base.

i think its a matter of quickly deciding which is better for the whole team...

Spike Forehand
05-15-2010, 09:40 AM
So Team MP, do you take the shot or get to cover and trust that the other squad can deal with it? Does it matter if you could'nt spot all of the bad guys?

Depends on the situation imo.

In a Rush game If I am on defense and it doesn't matter to the score if I die but punching tickets is critical, then I would have a tendency to come out guns blazing.

If I am attacking and I am in a good position - providing a spawn point or working towards the objective - and I don't want to have to respawn all teh way back at the base, then I would spot em and let em pass.

Conquest I guess is similar, and it's all about whether they are working towards a flag we hold or one we don't.

ProfUnderDog
05-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks all, that makes a lot of sense. It makes a big difference when you are actually playing with a real team.

dinsdale1978
05-18-2010, 01:43 PM
What is this cover you speak of? You mean I shouldn't run around like a mad man?

Seriously; I have taken some time to analyze my play style and realize that the necessity of waiting and employing tactical advantages has changed my overall gaming style. I went and played Saboteur the other day and was aiming and taking cover like in BF. The brilliance of this game is in the spotting system and squad spawning. I tend not to start shooting if I know we can get the numbers to keep moving on after that first kill.

TrojanTeacher
05-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Last night, POODerman, Brimstone and I were playing Conquest on Laguna Presa. I had found a little nitch full of brush where I could hide while the enemy captured B (The Hill). POOderman was spawning on me and we noticed about three soldiers running past us. I was about to shoot and then I decided not to. As soon as I did that, 5 more soldiers ran past us. I just remember saying, "Resist the trigger finger, or else our position will be lost." To which he replied, "I know, it's hard not to take out at least 2 of 'em". If we would have shot, the 5 soldiers behind us would have shot us down. We eventually capped the flag and continued to protect it...eventually we did die.

sam007
07-06-2010, 09:26 PM
What is this cover you speak of? You mean I shouldn't run around like a mad man?

Seriously; I have taken some time to analyze my play style and realize that the necessity of waiting and employing tactical advantages has changed my overall gaming style. I went and played Saboteur the other day and was aiming and taking cover like in BF. The brilliance of this game is in the spotting system and squad spawning. I tend not to start shooting if I know we can get the numbers to keep moving on after that first kill.

Need to refrain from shooting at red triangle! Don't compromise our position. Look before moving/running, hahaha. What also helps is NOT to run towards your squad mates after arming or planting C4 on the MCOM.