PDA

View Full Version : New Trend: Vehicle Abandonment?

0313Gunner
05-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I've started noticing a trend on the past few rush games that I've played. It seems that I see it more when defending, but I've seen many vehicles (Bradleys mostly) come steaming towards an m-com only to get hit by my tracer dart then take a single RPG hit to the front when suddenly the whole crew bails out. I have started to easily run up and grab the said vehicle, drive it back to a safe place, repair and now have a fresh mobile heavy firing position.

Typically, when I'm on offense, I try to use vehicles as fire support and stay a bit out of the main fire fight spotting and suppressing the enemy.

Has anyone else seen this going on as much as I have? Don't get me wrong, if they want to hand me that 25mm HE-IT cannon, I'll take it.

jkodrigues
05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
yeah if they abandoned it we can use it to our advantage,but i think thats the diference between the good players and the noobs,good players will probably just bail out in the last second,noobs will get scared and drop out as soon as it starts beeping :))

ProfUnderDog
05-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I've seen this a lot in Conquest also. Often, there are no engineers in the group, or its someone driving solo also not an engineer. It's a little more understandable when C4 being placed as that is certain death.

dinsdale1978
05-17-2010, 08:46 AM
I love it when they leave me free vehicles especially heli's.

Another option is to plant C4 on abandoned vehicles and hope they try to fix them up and get in. KABOOM.

TrojanTeacher
05-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Everytime I see a tank and I'm NOT recon (or assault), I just run up next to it and stick close to it. Usually, the enemy will think that I'm C4'ing it and leave. As soon as I see the (B) ENTER message, I hop in and blow up the guy that just left.

MrBlitzer72
05-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Normally when there are a good amount of tanks on certain maps, i'll make sure to run engineer. If im close enough to them, i'll run up and use the repair tool on the tank in reverse! Normally anyone in the tank will jump out, and i'll jump in and either road kill them, or shoot them. Sometimes if you get lucky, you can kill one of the scaredy cats by using the repair tool on their forehead! :devil:

REMEC87
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I love it when they leave me free vehicles especially heli's.

Another option is to plant C4 on abandoned vehicles and hope they try to fix them up and get in. KABOOM.

I usually try and blow up the vehicle myself before leaving...especially when i find one that is 95% damaged and I am not an engineer.

DayliteMag
05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I drive a lot of tanks and NEVER would abandon a working vehicle for the enemy to use against my team. I would much rather get killed and respawn than hand away a heavy artillery weapon. The only time I ever get out of a tank is if it is to arm an MCOMM that I have parked right beside. Highly unlikely that anyone will try to steal it and with luck I will be able to jump back in and start defending the armed charge. I still get killed, but 9 times out of 10 I will destroy the MCOMM in the process.

Actually, now that I think of it the other day I sort of abandoned (translate: crashed) a heli on the first island at Inocente. I was solo in a match (no MPs) and no one wanted to fly the chopper so I thought , "what the hell now is my chance to try to get some cheap flying lessons." I managed to make it across the water and "landed" right in front of the island. I was so disoriented I just got out and didn't know what the hell to do. I didn't want to give them the chopper so I got back in and jumped to the gunner's seat and just started blasting away. I actually got a kill and then one of my teammates came over and got in the pilot's seat. We ended up doing pretty well. No thanks to me :-B

REMEC87
05-17-2010, 03:47 PM
As far as I am concerned ATV are disposable and i use them like kleenex.

:))