PDA

View Full Version : And why haven't you played the Campaign?

ustolemygmrtag
05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I finished it, and so did my wife. It is great, and rather short. You must play it. And here is another reason to.

BFBC2 Movie Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmDI0X-3PKw&feature=player_embedded) :-o

Sckrapps
05-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Ditto that - it's fun, not too long, and explains a little of the background (why all the maps are in S. America and Alaska, for instance). I enjoyed it enough that I'm actually playing through it a second time.

Borlaxx
05-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I played it, and although I found it to be harder than the MW2 campaign, I also found it lacked the "WOW" moments that were in MW2.

RATA MUERTA
05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Still stuck at the part where you have to protect the F-ing satellite, watched my hubby attempt it so many times I don't even care to try anymore. I hate it when they pull "protect this person/thing" into a game it's a bunch of BS IMO.

BERZERKERTICK
05-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Still stuck at the part where you have to protect the F-ing satellite, watched my hubby attempt it so many times I don't even care to try anymore. I hate it when they pull "protect this person/thing" into a game it's a bunch of BS IMO.
i am stuck at that same friggin spot also, got to the point the wife had enough of it

0313Gunner
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM

There has been many times where I've quit games because of this. I did, however, finish this one. It took me a couple attempts.

I almost always try to finish the campaign stuff first because I know if I just start the mp, I'll never attempt it again. :))

Sckrapps
05-20-2010, 02:15 PM
True 'dat, that particular mission took me a half-dozen tries. If you can, have an assault rifle as your primary weapon and the RPG as your secondary to start, the former to drop the enemy RPG dudes on the roof ASAP and the latter to get a round on the chopper as soon as it shows up. Additionally, for the left side I stood around the corner of the far left building for cover, and on the right side, behind a green wall/wagon in the plaza above the satellite (if that makes sense) to get clear shots at the RPG guys on the roof.

Good luck - the mission that immediately follows was pretty fun.

Jackie R
05-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Going through the SP now. I'm really enjoying collecting the weapons and blowing up the MCOMMs http://aerre.pair.com/tagadmin/tag_home/images/smilies/blowingup.gif

jkodrigues
05-20-2010, 02:41 PM
found this video maybe it helps the people stuck on that misson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eQQJung4D8

TrojanTeacher
05-20-2010, 04:16 PM
I haven't finished because of the clan. Once I joined, I started playing online a lot more.

RATA MUERTA
05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks!! It's good to know I was the only one that got stuck there!! I think I have memorized where the RPGers are on the roof, it's that stupid heli I can never shoot it down in time. I could go through the whole invasion and not let an RPG hit it but maybe once and I still couldn't get the heli down! That was when I started the MP and haven't looked back!

ustolemygmrtag
05-20-2010, 05:43 PM
You are an MP, we NEVER give up!!! I mean, we all have kids. How much harder that that can the game be????? :devil: :D

RATA MUERTA
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
You are an MP, we NEVER give up!!! I mean, we all have kids. How much harder that that can the game be????? :devil: :D
Being on the ACTUAL MAKING of the kids I know how hard it is. :smug:

Retro
05-20-2010, 08:47 PM
The only part of the campaign that gave some trouble was making it down the mountain running between shelters before freezing.

jkodrigues
05-21-2010, 03:24 AM
for me the part that gave me trouble was in the desert the 2 helis were nasty to take out

SlapLaB
05-21-2010, 03:39 AM
for me the part that gave me trouble was in the desert the 2 helis were nasty to take out

yeah, me too
more than the protect the satellite mentioned above (which still gave me some trouble, but once you know where the rpg guys are going to show up you just wait for them)

the end game was pretty easy in comparison

bigdaddyj2468
05-21-2010, 06:50 AM
i finally finished it.but when i got it jumped i right into the mulitplayer this is where the game really shines.

Jackie R
05-21-2010, 06:55 AM
The only part of the campaign that gave some trouble was making it down the mountain running between shelters before freezing.
That is one of my favorite parts but yeah, it was challenging to be sure. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

soulja
05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Most of the time I'll try to finished the campaign in games before I try out the Mutiplayer. And yes, I enjoyed the campaign to this game as well as the last one. They might be the funniest badass squad in this genre of gaming.

TheFreak75
05-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks!! It's good to know I was the only one that got stuck there!! I think I have memorized where the RPGers are on the roof, it's that stupid heli I can never shoot it down in time. I could go through the whole invasion and not let an RPG hit it but maybe once and I still couldn't get the heli down! That was when I started the MP and haven't looked back!

Hey RAT, at least you got to that part, I think i'm still in the bridge. I bought the game and went directly to multiplayer mode and never looked back!!

ustolemygmrtag
05-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, you have to play it to get all the Acheivments. I have all but 5 of them . Working on them when I can.

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2010, 11:17 AM
If I play the campaign, that means that I can't play multiplayer... @-) [-( [-x x_x

imported_BigDaddyPine
06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Why haven't I played the campaign?
Because i played the first 10 minutes of it and found it enjoyable... then got hooked on multiplayer w/ Team MP. I have not watched any of the shows piling up on my dvr (V, TUF, etc) nor has any other game touched my PS3... when I have the time and there are MP friends with room for me on their squad, anything else entertainment-wise seems to take a back seat. I am actually looking forward to playing through the campaign, the banter between the guys in the 'squad' in the game was cracking me up. It will just take a huge internet outage to pull me away from multiplayer.

CELockwood
06-01-2010, 01:37 PM
My gold subscription was out when I bought the game. I purposely didn't renew until I had finished the campaign. It's too darn hard to resist MP. It's a cool diversion, but I can't go back to it now, so I'm glad that I finished it.

Sckrapps
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I've gone back to the campaign (again) as a diversion during baby-sitting. My wife allows me to play BC2 if I take care of the baby, and if the baby is ornery I'll play single-player rather than subject any would be squad-mates to the inevitable infant bawling and my shushing and cooing. At least if I were caught cooing to a screaming baby while playing I know other MPs would understand!

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I hope to one day catch you on multi-player doing baby-speak with your kids. LOL!

ustolemygmrtag
06-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I hope to one day catch you on multi-player doing baby-speak with your kids. LOL!
GOGO-GAGA!!!

Sckrapps
06-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Careful of what you wish for - it could mos def be arranged!