PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Answers

Borlaxx
05-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Can anyone tell me how the hell the invite system works? When I first went online I looked for a way to send an invite or join the free roam session everyone else was in, but I couldn't find either option anywhere. Thankfully I got an invite from Krisk, but can someone explain how the invites work in this game? Do I have to start a private free roam session to create a posse and then go into public?

dinsdale1978
05-21-2010, 09:46 AM
The easiest way I have seen is to send a PSN message to a friend who is online. They could have really done something better with the party formation system. From what I can see you can invite people to your session but you can't directly join someone else's.

I like you private session idea but I haven't been starting posses as there are already a ton of people on by the time I log in.

theczech99
05-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I received my game yesterday in the mail. I was surprised when I opened the package and found a RDR deck of cards inside. Does every game come with a free deck of cards? I was just wondering because I did not see it listed in the product details.

dinsdale1978
05-21-2010, 03:02 PM
I received my game yesterday in the mail. I was surprised when I opened the package and found a RDR deck of cards inside. Does every game come with a free deck of cards? I was just wondering because I did not see it listed in the product details.

Where did you order it and for what platform?

theczech99
05-21-2010, 03:48 PM

Where did you order it and for what platform?

PS3, I pre-ordered from wal-mart.com. The cards they sent are very cool!

theczech99
05-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I found this on the RDR cards. I saw some on ebay with bids up to $15.50. I guess it was worth having to wait until Thursday to get my game.
http://360.mmgn.com/Forums/Xbox-Softwar ... Playing-Ca (http://360.mmgn.com/Forums/Xbox-Software/Red-Dead-Redemption-Playing-Ca)

Daemachoe
05-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Damn for the life of me, I couldnt figure out how to invite people for free roam tonight. I didnt realize that you had to send a message via PSN.

Is this an option in the PSN message? to say I want you to join my game/posse a la, MW2? Or is it a completely different system?

theczech99
05-22-2010, 02:49 AM
Everyhing for MP runs by the select button. Push select, then R1 and look in the lower right corner for options. One says invite friends. It will pull up all your friends and will have a blue light next to the friends online. Select friend and hit X to send invite.

Jackie R
05-22-2010, 07:33 AM
A couple of question regarding the leveling system: First, from what I have read, it looks like you can level up by forming a private server (if you wish to) and complete challenges (ie. raiding gang hideouts) either alone or with friends. Second, also from what I have read, leveling only works in free roam mode. In other words, during the competitive matches, everyone is on an even field (at least in so far as the weapons are concerned). Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks! ;)

theczech99
05-22-2010, 10:48 AM
This video shows some of your options in the MP free roam.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playi ... on20100519 (http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=game_night_red_dead_redemption20100519)

Jackie R
05-24-2010, 11:37 AM
This video shows some of your options in the MP free roam.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playi ... on20100519 (http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=game_night_red_dead_redemption20100519)
OK...I finally found a few minutes peace and was able to watch the whole thing. I couldn't seem to find an answer to my question but it does seem like the free roam and competitive matches are very different animals in this game so I would not be surprised if what I read was true.

Thanks for posting czech! ;)

soulja
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
1. Are there any rodeo mini games? I'm not sure...
2. I'm also not sure if you can build up the horses attributes, are the different colored horses abilities fixed...is there a way to rank up any color horse?
3. And..... is this game a work of art or what?

I can’t believe how much detail they put into the open areas. I camped out in an open area in Mexico and suddenly had the urge to bust open a can of smoked Bush beans for dinner (Wife and Kids went to a birthday party), it felt just right and I never thought a game would have me appreciating the old west.

They did a great job with the horse mechanics too.

*rides off into the sun set*

“C’mon……gedde up”

love it , lol

DB4
05-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Finally, a game where camping is an okay thing to do.

Psalm
05-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Is there any Brokeback mountain characters? Borlax wanted me to ask....cuz he can't quit me.

Borlaxx
05-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Is there any Brokeback mountain characters? Borlax wanted me to ask....cuz he can't quit me.
;)) ;;) :-* =))

DB4
05-24-2010, 05:40 PM
The subtext in that statement is actually quite revealing.

theczech99
05-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Can someone give me a little help with the first treasure? Don’t give me the exact location but the vicinity that I need to look in. I know were the picture marked #1 is but need little help with the #2 set of rocks. I found a treasure on top of a set of rocks but when I opened it nothing happened.

When replying to this post please use the spoiler tag for those that don’t want to see the reply.

dinsdale1978
05-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Can someone give me a little help with the first treasure? Don’t give me the exact location but the vicinity that I need to look in. I know were the picture marked #1 is but need little help with the #2 set of rocks. I found a treasure on top of a set of rocks but when I opened it nothing happened.

When replying to this post please use the spoiler tag for those that don’t want to see the reply.
[spoiler:c4md5qpv]Hanging Rock. There is a small path the you will find the chest hidden at the end of.[/spoiler:c4md5qpv]

dinsdale1978
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
1. Are there any rodeo mini games? I'm not sure...
2. I'm also not sure if you can build up the horses attributes, are the different colored horses abilities fixed...is there a way to rank up any color horse?
3. And..... is this game a work of art or what?

I can’t believe how much detail they put into the open areas. I camped out in an open area in Mexico and suddenly had the urge to bust open a can of smoked Bush beans for dinner (Wife and Kids went to a birthday party), it felt just right and I never thought a game would have me appreciating the old west.

They did a great job with the horse mechanics too.

*rides off into the sun set*

“C’mon……gedde up”

love it , lol

I don't think there are any rodeo games but you do bust horses both for quests and for better mounts. I have been in awe of the ambient effects and brilliant scenery. On my days off with no one around I am cranking up the surround sound and enjoying a few choice locales.

I have to say the min games are horribly addictive. Horseshoes and Poker all night long. Time to go buy some cheap beer.

Jackie R
05-26-2010, 02:29 PM
A couple of question regarding the leveling system: First, from what I have read, it looks like you can level up by forming a private server (if you wish to) and complete challenges (ie. raiding gang hideouts) either alone or with friends. Second, also from what I have read, leveling only works in free roam mode. In other words, during the competitive matches, everyone is on an even field (at least in so far as the weapons are concerned). Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks! ;)
Sorry to bump this up but can anyone advise me on this?

DayliteMag
05-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Ok. Just got RDR for the 360. Played about a hour on single player and then switched over to MP. Played a bit with JKordrigues. We killed a bunch of baddies in some canyon. When I went to exit I got a warning screen telling me that unsaved data would be lost, but I couldn't find a "save" function. Help! I don't want to lose my horse and go back to that damn ornery donkey!

krisk6
05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
OK the to invite press select then press R1 to go to players then press triangle then it brings up the your friends.

MrBlitzer72
05-27-2010, 12:18 PM
So guys, is this game worth getting? I wanted to wait a week or two before i made the decision to get it. Im already knee deep in BFBC2, but RDR looks VERY appealing to me!

~Blitz

Borlaxx
05-27-2010, 12:22 PM
So guys, is this game worth getting? I wanted to wait a week or two before i made the decision to get it. Im already knee deep in BFBC2, but RDR looks VERY appealing to me!

~Blitz
:-bd

Retro
05-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Only a #1 would not want this game!!

Borlaxx
05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Only a #1 would not want this game!!
LOL! Inside joke........#1 inside =))

DB4
05-27-2010, 12:27 PM

~Blitz

It is an excellent game. It plays at a very relaxed pace, but yet it has all kinds of features/challenges to keep you occupied.

if you are a fan of Grand Theft Auto, then it is a no brainer.

if you are not a fan of Grand Theft Auto...rent it first. (you will probably end up buying it after you play it)

DayliteMag
05-27-2010, 12:43 PM

~Blitz

Hey Blitzer, I just picked it up. Not sure if I'm lovin' it yet. The third person perspective is really jerky feeling and cartoony compared to FPS games like BC2/MW2. Now, keep in mind that my opinion is only based on a couple of hours playing the game. Like others have said, if you are a big fan of the GTA series then you will probably like this game. I got lured in by the call of the Old West. As you know, I like MP games and it didn't take me long to try jumping into "Free Roam" (in fact, I think I am less than 10% finished the single player game, which I find painfully slow. All the cut scenes are annoying and so far the "shootouts" haven't been all that thrilling. Auto-Aim isn't really my thing, but you need it on this game because it would be too hard to hit the baddies otherwise. A lot of wandering around "exploring" which can be fun for a while). I don't think I can give a balanced opinion on the MP just yet as I really don't know what the heck I am doing and am pretty much just wandering around in the desert shooting rabbits (which gets old FAST). Have to figure out how to mute all of the pre-pubescent idiots who infest the MP platforms. Until I figure out how to "posse up" with some other like minded gamers then I don't think I will be a big fan of RDR (No offense to everyone who is loving the game). These are just my first limited impressions. Others seem to really like the game, so I am going to keep trying. DayliteMag (aka Greg)

soulja
05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
I think I'm near the ending of the SP mode, soon I'll be trying the multiplayer. I know its going to be feeling strange hee-hawing along in the dust of stallions and thoroughbreds, hopefully I wont look too pitiful.

*eye spies unattended horse*

DayliteMag
06-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Can anyone tell me how the invite system works for the XBOX360? It has happened to me a couple of time where I am playing in Free Roam (translate: getting killed in Free Roam) and I hear "someone wants you to join their posse", but I don't know how to figure out [a] who is asking and [b] how to accept or decline. I saw that one or two MPs were on last night and would have loved to have joined up with them.

theczech99
06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Can anyone tell me how the invite system works for the XBOX360? It has happened to me a couple of time where I am playing in Free Roam (translate: getting killed in Free Roam) and I hear "someone wants you to join their posse", but I don't know how to figure out [a] who is asking and [b] how to accept or decline. I saw that one or two MPs were on last night and would have loved to have joined up with them.
On the PS3 everything for MP is opened up by the select button. Not sure what button it is on XBOX.

Ways to get into Free Roam:
1. Start SP mode. Once the game is loaded hit pause/start/play button. Scroll down to MP and open it. You can go into FR public, FR private or if you’ve received invites they will show up here.
2. Go directly in to FR from the menu. You will be in a public FR but you can change to private if you would like. To change to private push select or XBOX equivalent. When the menu appears scroll down to private and select. If you’ve received invites they will show up here.

Someone wants you to join their posse in FR.

Push select button to open menu. Then thumb pad over to show a players menu. You will see an envelope next to the person that has invited you to join their posse.

To invite someone into your posse.

Select button to open menu. Thumb pad over for players menu. Scroll down to the player you want to invite and select the player. You will see another menu. You can invite into your posse or vote to kick that player out of the FR session.

To invite someone into your game.

Select button to open menu. Thumb pad over for players menu. Look in the bottom right hand corner for a list of options. One of them will say invite. Select invite and all your friends you have in your PS3/XBOX will appear. Select friend and an invitation will be sent. In the bottom right hand corner you will also see outfitter. This is where you go to change your character.

DayliteMag
06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks Czech. This should do it. Much appreciated.